[PP-F26] Through iniquity, comes results

b6803e5522a672fd9dea4704ad613d25.pngThe streets of the bazaar were not as bustling in the evening as they were in the day. Several guards still remained stationed, but they paid her no attention. A well-dressed woman in her late-twenties walked the streets. Long dark hair drifted down evenly to her hips even though it was put up in a ponytail with a bow. Dark red eyes scanned the area as a confident smile was displayed on her face. No weapons were to be found on her figure, which was odd due to one prominent face. This woman was an orange player. A wolf walking among sheep with no need to hide herself away. She was aware of what she was, but there was no need to hide. 

Here today, she was on a specific mission. A player had struck her curiosity and she would be damned if she could sate her burning question. Why? What drove one of the game's strongest players to do what he did? Was it a bold move on her part? Surely. This woman was willing place her faith in the promise that the man wouldn't seek out trouble. It would bring her to his attention, but it was worth it. The risk of the gamble of messing with her wouldn't be worth the reward. 

Having had a subordinate track the boy in red and keeping her updated, she closed in on his position. She was not at all surprised to find him in her sights at all. He seemed to be talking to an Info Broker. Info Brokers would know who she is rather well but couldn't provide much more information than that. Not many survived to tell anything valuable after a fight with her. She stepped forward, a pursed smile on her lips. Approaching, it wouldn't take long for the Info Broker to notice her. She watched as he stepped back, eyes widening. 

"Y-you're..!"

"Ah ah! I would like the chance to be able to introduce myself properly." She said these words, the info broker immediately falling silent. "If he doesn't mind, you are allowed to make yourself scarce." she would tell the broker before giving her complete attention to the other. 

"You're Raidou, The Red Wanderer, correct? My name is Hanma, I was hoping to have a small chat with you if you don't mind. I bear no ill will." 

A pungent film of red, as if a moniker was not earned. A glance over the shoulder sees a reflective pair of lenses staring into the face of a lengthy woman, slender and bearing a mark. Shuffling a slip of paper procured into a black book, and a snap close before any prying eye could see what it was he had purchased. A dismissive hand sees the broker away without a word, and taking a seat upon a low crate finds him remove those lenses. Anger stirred in a slurry, a visible fog oozing out of his pores. She'd caught him in the middle, and reigning it back was a bit more difficult than one would be led to believe.

"The red wanderer it is." Hanma had not yet earned the right of using a name of a helping hand, instead she'd be allowed only the name of fiction. Beginning to rub the lenses with an awaiting red drape, holding close the mark that lingered over his heart. "I am eager to hear what you have to say." The red clad swordsman remarked with a return of them to his brow, folding his legs and appearing as though he was listening. This had better be under good intentions, this woman should hope that she could answer the question correctly. Else she'd suffer the same fate as Risque without remorse.

Raidou | HP: 860/860 | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 117 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 2 | BH: 47 | LD: 6 | BLGT: 32 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | V.D.: 94 | V.O.: 141

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 63
HP: 860/860
EN: 104/104

Stats:
Damage: 11
Mitigation: 117
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 2
Battle Healing: 47
Loot Dice: 6
BLGT: 32
REC: 8
TAUNT
V.D.: 94
V.O.: 141

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ebon Star - Vanguard Revenant [T4/Demonic/Straight Sword]: V.O 2, Taunt, Blight 1
Armor: Red Wander's Resolve - Sympathy [T1/Demonic/Cloth] 2 Evasion, 2 Vampiric Defensive
Misc: Vision of Wisdom - Whisper [T4/Demonic/Trinket] Evasion 1, Recovery 2, Accuracy 1

Custom Skill:
The Nomad Who Wanders

Skills:
Straight Sword R5
Cloth Armor R5
Fighting Spirit
Howl
Searching R5
Battle Healing R5

Active Mods:
Detect
Athletics
Vengeful Riposte
Tracking

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Nimble
Focused Howl
Ferocity
Precision
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Parry
Survival
Concentration
Forgotten King’s Authority

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Iron Will (Tierless/Unique/Salve) Bloodclot x1
Terra Firma Scale x1
Darkness Salve x3
Mass Heal Crystal x5
Mass Heal Crystal x5
Teleport Crystal x1
Inert Pillar Fragment [Vanity/Broken Glowstone] x1

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor []: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +25 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring:

The dark-haired woman watched as Raidou slowly turned, a reflective tint in the evening sun visible as his caught sight of her. There was something darker to his eyes which was amusing to her. There was more to be seen in this character than in most. He removed the frames from his face, their eyes meeting with nothing in between. It was a sign that they were seeing eachother eye to eye. He understood the situation was serious despite her polite demeanor. 

"The Red Wanderer it is then," she agreed. She figured he assumed the moniker when not surrounded by her friends. Perhaps it served as a scapegoat for the man in red. 'It wasn't me, it was the Red Wanderer.' Was this guild master really one to push off blame like that?

"Excellent, I was afraid you'd decline." Of course, declining hadn't really been an option. She was the kind of woman who didn't accept no for an answer. She had been in such a position for quite some time now. "First, allow me to properly introduce myself. I'm afraid the reason I am here is because I've looked into you so it would only be fair to know who you are dealing with." 

A small curtsy as she spoke, "I'm Hanma, Middle Finger of the Five Fingers of Laughing Coffin." Her eyes met Raidou's with a confident smile. To prevent the question from being asked, "I'm afraid my cursor doesn't bear the guild symbol. We are second only to the Guild Master but don't actually join the guild to keep the ability to blend in more. Many Laughing Coffin members are this way." she promised him. A hand moved to rest on her hip as she opened her other palm in Raidou's direction. "I honestly just had a few questions and wanted to pick your brain for some answers. You... spike my curiosity. Some of your actions don't seem to align with your own goals."

"Your guild firstly seems to take in mostly lower leveled players, yet an entire branch of your guild remains dedicated to keeping a watchful eyes on the movements of guilds such as my own. I personally have noticed the observations of your captain of the branch... Afraid? I forgot his name, didn't seem too important. Why would you want to bring that kind of attention to yourself?"

"My goals? If they are an enigma to you, then I have succeeded. How is Rosaria? Still leading men to become monsters, then, like lambs to the slaughter?" A dwelling still twisting with a red aura, and within that moment he began to fold up the lenses. Into his robe pocket they go, placed away, for he may not need them. "I would ask of you, if given the chance, would the guild that you believe you follow would cease what they were doing? See the mistakes they have made, and leave things to continue as they are?"

An instant of ichor seeping into a crack in the floor, sliding out of sight beneath that pungent fume. Something so small. A pair of orange eyes, without anything to cover them. "There is no blending, and what becomes of those that enter the guild is to protect them. From you. It would be a mistake to assume you have the upper hand. I would offer you only this, to you and those that still remains under a false sense of coverage. You cannot threaten a man with something they are not afraid to lose. We do not need to hide, for there is nothing to fear. That cancer, it's already been removed."

Bishop to H5

"So its on purpose that nothing you do seems to make sense? Fair enough. As for Rosaria, it's impressive that you seem to know her on such a personal level. Did you have chemistry before I became along?" she questioned, a smile of muse sitting on her face. The man put away his glasses, the seeming to become denser. She could feel it. His growing animosity. Much to her dissatisfaction, the Wanderer didn't seem interested in answering her question. Only, asking his own. She was willing to oblige him with an answer, but this wasn't going in the direction she wanted. She asked for a conversation not an interrogation. 

"The whole guild? No. There are a decent chunk of them that don't see the guild's potential like I do. They joined to murder and nothing else. They are satisfied with fresh blood on their hands and nothing else. They see no mistake and continue. There are other though, that don't carry this same mindset." 

Something had changed in the air, something set in motion. She could somehow tell something was happening. Was she worried though? No. If Raidou was the one going out of his way to kill players then he was making the mistakes to be answered for. She had nothing to answer for, she was putting Laughing Coffin in motion for a just cause. 

"Don't place us all in the same category now, it would be the mistake of a fool. Imagine us Fingers as you would your very own captains. We don't have the same goals. While I may report directly to the Guild Master, I do what I want." 

Raidou spoke that it was wrong to assume she had the upper hand. He had nothing he was afraid of losing. His words irritated her a bit. 

"Upper hand? Listen to you, trying to instigate something here. I told you I had some questions and wanted to talk. If I wanted to fight, I wouldn't have foolishly sought you out myself. I am well aware of your strength and there is definitely a difference in our levels. I don't take you lightly, not everyone is a dumbass like that Risque boy."

Hanma rolled her eyes and took a look at there surroundings. "You know I got it. Dark Alley, looks like where a mugging would take place. Let's go and grab a drink and a bite. Might ease your tension a bit." She turned her back to Raidou, stepping out from the alley and into the streets of the Bazaar. "What do you want? I could go for some good Wagyu but its your call honestly."

Her eyes fell on the Wanderer. She hadn't figured out his game yet, but he was a dangerous man to mess with. How could she get him to sate her curiosity just a bit? It had been over a week and the questions just hadn't slipped her mind. She needed answers or else she might go insane. 

A somber withdrawal of himself from the platform that he'd taken a seat, there was a bit of a difference compared to what others would see him as. To most, he was Raidou, soft and spoken the same. But At this moment, when approached in the dark by one that was so obviously his enemy. The guilds enemy, it was as if he was a completely different entity. The name given was an ode to trust, and this woman had not earned it nor deserved it. An honest difference between her and Mari or Hidden. It had crossed his mind it could have been either, or a player playing this woman. But he could not decipher intentions, and honesty was the foundation of everything. Just this simple notion that she came to him, used his name and then expected answers while playing his opposition.

She had her work cut out for her.

Pulling a hand against a crimson red robe, he extends a hand out to one side, where a black string shatters the ground and latches on. It tears down his skin toward his face before finding its way down his neck as he'd pierce Hanma's soul with red eyes akin to shadow's. "There will be no tricks, no misdirection. Exchange in words, you'll have. But leave your folly at the door, or it will consume you." As he slid out of that alleyway and past her, he'd reach for a pair of lenses and slide them upon his eyes. Putting the creature back in the box, although his hatred still lingered in the air. For when he'd need it, if she were to make another mistake.

Raidou would stand as she offered a change in location, the Animosity in the air suddenly increasing. Had he decided to kill her after all? Was he willing to face the consequences? She had prepared for such an outcome, but doubted it would be put to use. 

Black liquid began to mold to the player's skin, tracing up his face and down his neck. A red glare pierced her, but she felt nothing from such a blow. He exchanged words of warning, and she immediately threw caution to the wind. A smug smile rested on her face. "Tricks? Misdirection? Not my forte. Simply being prepared is enough. As for a little tip..." Placing her fingertips to her chin she put an endeared expression to her face. "You aren't going to scare me into submission. Anyone in my guild that is scared of dying doesn't belong." She glanced away, a faint chuckle. "You're new terrain as well though. My normal tactic would involve fear as well, and that won't work here. I'm not trying to scare you or give you orders. This kind of socialization is one that I don't partake in very often." 

Stepping away, she decided on not moving too far from their original location. She didn't want Raidou presuming that she was leading him into a trap. Picking a tavern within the bazaar, she entered. She immediately gained attention of the players within, many opting to leave immediately. Taking a seat at the bar, she spoke to the bartender who looked like he wanted to say something. 

"The Brandy of your highest shelf and whatever he will have if he decides to get something." She informed the man. After listening to see if Raidou wanted something, he would begin to make drinks. "Let's get this 'exchange of words' underway. Firstly, we'll set a few ground rules. Only fair for a clean discussion. We'll take turns asking questions and answering. Let's keep guild talk out of our mouths since its a sour subject. Lying is off the table as well. No point in having a talk if its all fake anyway. I'm here for my own entertainment anyway. Those back in the guild won't be hearing anything we talk about today." 

The bartender returned with the drink(s), setting Hanma's brandy in front of her. Taking a sip from the glass, she savored it for a moment but was dissatisfied. "Not the same without the effects still. It's disappointing." She turned her gaze back to the Red Wanderer. "Okay, Red Wanderer. I answered your question, even after you basically ignored my own. I think that makes it my turn first." A confident glint in her eyes as she pressed on discovering information that interested her for some time. 

"For someone who is so entertained by the idea of 'justice' to the point where you'd even ask about atonement, why exactly-" She lowered her head, as if to protect her neck. "Do you constantly find yourself with one of the most well-known criminals in Aincrad since the days of the 'Pink Pker'? Don't attempt feigning ignorance, I know you even gone out of your way to hush her name from the mouths of info brokers."

• 4 weeks later...

A few soft clatters of his heel and a single word bled from his lips as he entered the building. "I beg to differ." The meaning in two parts. Into a small building not unlike some that he had frequented in his own right, but on different terms. Here the tension was so thick you can see it from him, this was a warzone far beside those that had seen him before. No one would recognize him in the state he was in, for it was as if he was someone else entirely. "You've yet to answer a single of my questions, and you've already done me a disservice by digging my name out and attempting to use it against me. That leaves us at an imbalance. If you want even some semblance of an answer from me, you'll settle the score first. I have been here longer than one would be led to believe, and no one knows who I was before."

It was the truth, for the while he was in the spotlight there was three times that where he was not.

No one had any idea where he had been or what he was capable of, he was an enigma to even those he stood beside in those times. Coveted and always under a watch glass, they wanted whatever mystery he held and wished it for themselves. A bartender cautiously approached the pair, a player that looked like he was about to snap the other's neck despite his calm demeanor and an orange player did not make pleasant company. "Green Tea. Thank you." It was the best chance Hanma had of surviving this if he was allowed to glean this one mode of relaxation. Curious and yet compliant, he returns with both drinks in complete contrast. 

• 1 month later...

The glares from Raidou would persist, but Hanma displayed no sign of relenting any time soon. Raidou himself piqued her curiosity. Why does one do the things he does? "Yet to answer a single of your questions? What happened to the question regarding mistakes? Completely forgotten that already?" 

"You've already done me a disservice by digging my name out and attempting to use it against me."

Hanma shook her head, a small chuckle. "Funny enough you would say that. I never had any intention of doing that. Why you take that as a personal attack bewilders me. Isn't there more vulnerable pieces on your chessboard then something a small as a name? Or are those just disposable to you" Taking a swig of the brandy brought to her, she sighed. "Bah, what does it matter. If you feel like you've been wronged, I guess I'll make it up to you. That's what an equal would do for another, right? What questions remain on your mind?" 

She glanced down at the boy's tea. An interesting choice in drink. For someone so uptight, she would have assumed he'd drink something much different. She had been surprised that the tension in the air hadn't been given its own HP bar with the thickness of it. It was weird for him to still be so uptight. She had approached unarmed, unguarded and on friendly terms and he still wouldn't bite. How was this hardass the leader of a guild? 

It was strange, that Hanma didn't know a lick of their history. It was as if she was newly brought to the ranks, despite being a finger of the guild she was supposed to be representing. More curious was the imbecile that had sent her to seek him out, alone, without presumably a weapon to protect herself. Did they wish her to die? "You really have no idea?" The red wanderer asked, for that was who he was. The woman that was the face of an enemy that had earned his animosity leagues ago, cornering him in an alley way and using his name when it wasn't given. That forebode directly to whoever had sent her knew exactly what it was that she sought, and yet she seemed oblivious to what it was.

The very same reason he had to slaughter her kind

And yet she expected some careless banter, from a man that carefully guarded his own secrets even amongst those he may eventually consider friends. For their own safety. "It would be a mistake to assume that any of the pieces on my board are vulnerable. That anyone is vulnerable." A pair of glasses shift up his nose with a soft push, and beneath that finger a smile that played off almost sickly. A small notification, one that he'd been expecting. A few more for that slab of lead, iron cages no longer housing prisoners, and an informant found. A hunt was complete and remnants were completely unaware. It seemed as though the Laughing Coffin had failed on one single front, to remember where it was how they began. Genma was next.

Taking another swig, it was a moment before Raidou asked his question. "You really have no idea?" An eyebrow raised, Hanma gave Raidou a completely confuzzled look. "No, I'm not a mind reader. I can't answer a question if you don't ask. If this is a reference to just Laughing Coffin I don't follow their drama. I do my own thing. I'm in Laughing Coffin to utilize on the greatest resource that Aincrad has. The players." Using Fear and her own strength, she had brought many players underneath her and now had amassed her own small army. Laughing Coffin was second to them. Hanma herself was first. They served her, not the guild. 

"I came to meet you after the last meeting the Fingers had. You see, as it stands there are only four of the five seats taken. The seat has been vacant since that finger was found out for being a double agent. What was her name... Opal? I don't remember." 

Tracing the edge of her drink, Hanma continued her story. Personally, she was definitely one to not know when to shut her mouth. She had been given the position as Finger completely on her ability and fear tactics. "The connection is that they were discussing who to fill in the final spot. A name came up: Hidden. Much discussion was had over her, but your name appeared in the talk. You know, the one you hate me all of a sudden for saying? I recalled it from a previous discussion about Firm Anima and what they had been doing to our guild." 

"The reason I'm here: I want to find out why a candidate for that kind of position has relations with those that would stand against us?" Hanma nodded as if to confirm her own question.

"Better drink your tea. Made the guy make it and everything." 

Raidou takes a single sip of his tea, and then he fiddles with his lenses. It was here that he starts to list off names, one after another like darts finding bullseyes over and over on a dart board.

"Lancaster, The Consuming Tyrant First Finger
Opal, The Amethyst Second Finger
Hanma, Horror's Face Middle Finger
Genma, The Reaver Fourth Finger
Rosaria, Of the Legion Fifth Finger

Bran, The Raven First Finger
Mirrianna of The Frost Second Finger
Yuyang, The Fist Middle Finger
Tybalt, The Jester Fourth Finger
Hiroshi, The White Fifth Finger."

Another sip of that tea as he finishes dropping out every damn member of that guild save one. "I could go on, but the others aren't quite important. You are vying for control of something you could never possibly understand, you were not even aware there was a second hand were you? Opal attempted to kill the unknown head of the guild you speak of. She failed. They say that no one has ever seen who the commander of Laughing Coffin is. That no one has ever seen him face to face and remembered him or lived to tell about it." Raidou smiles with his cards shown, full house.

"I don't need to worry about Hidden, it is the guild who should be worried. I suggest you cut ties with them and wise up before it's too late." His tone would allude to the fact he knew much more than he let on. But this was nigh the time or place. Beneath the table, his hand fiddles with an inventory.

It would be here, that Hanma would receive a message. From her own personal army, under attack by Laughing Coffin itself. As it would turn out, her boast left them angry. Hoarding such resources to herself would appear to be a coup, an uprising that a guild full of murders would not stand for. All it took was a little leak of that information before The red wanderer could savor the infighting that stemmed afterward. Another sip of his tea, a completely deadpan and serious demeanor except a smile, one that he nearly never wore as Raidou.

A small smirk rested on Hanma's as Raidou lifted the tea to his lips and took a sip. As he set down the mug, he began to run through a two lists of names, the second unknown to her entirely. Hanma didn't spare a single second of surprise in response. Instead, she merely nodded. "Laughing Coffin is large with several redundant members. That's what has kept it going for so long. It has enough Networks that not any one person can put out all of the embers to the flame. Us fingers don't even know the name of our own leader, he is that careful. All we know is something to know that it's him. If he wished to reveal himself to us, he only need do one thing and we know. A situation has never called for this that I know of." 

As Raidou answered her statement over Hidden, Hanma merely giggled. "It's the guild that should be worried about her? An emotional outburst isn't going to end a single finger, much less the whole guild." Hanma began to take another drink as Raidou began with his warning. As if on cue, a message was received. One from a subordinate. This must've been a check to see if she had survived her encounter with Raidou. She knew the risk before coming here. Glancing over, she found Raidou to be forming a smile without any glee. Creepy. 

There had been attack... from their own allies? Tensions had been high as of late, but it seems she had finally made a move in Hanma's absence. 'Envious little bitch.' Hanma thought before standing and pushing in her chair. Taking a pouch from her waist she threw it on the counter. "Got enough extra in there for about another three teas. Enjoy yourself Wanderer, I've got some old business to take care of. I do hope next time we cross paths there will be more time for chatter. I still want to know why." Straightening her red bow, she turned for the door. 

As Hanma made her leave, The red wanderer left that single wide grin on his face. No one had ever seen him wear it before, save a few select circles. It was by design that it didn't. "Aincrad Police Department, Celestial Ascendants, The Deck, Azure Brigade, Ebon Vanguard... The list goes on and on. All vying for attention from one another, all hoping to achieve something they know nothing about. If you don't like the world, it is how you perceive it, and you can change it just...like...a....potion" He spoke to his cup, alone, save the single barkeeper. "Who was she?" Raidou picked up his glass without a word. Moving to the back of the establishment, he opened his menu like a conductor at the helm of an orchestra.

"Haven't found it strange, that you've never seen your leader. Perhaps it's because he doesn't want to be seen. What if it were easier, to hide in plain sight? What if it was, that right under your nose you walked right past him. All this time, he was watching you. Waiting for you to make a mistake."

"Sey." Opening a black book and removing the slip of paper, like two others that had been deleted from the book.

"Adrian. Still up to no good, but perhaps you are redeemable."

"Imagine my surprise when Hidden found me on floor 4, out of the blue. She had no idea who I was." The red wanderer comments on the nostalgia. And the potion, the very same he'd offered. "You made me promise that I wouldn't die in here, and I told you that it couldn't possibly be true. You were so sure of yourself, how could I decline it. I told you I was a monster. You don't need to be one." The rest of the fingers were of no importance, they were not useful in the slightest, and would be discarded.

"Such an interesting game, fiddling with the hearts of others. The kidnapping of Rosa, Risque's little foray into kidnapping Assassin. And Opal, never knowing what mess she was getting herself involved in." He clutches a hand to his face, remembering the lack of his anchor that normally rid his brow. A sea of names and prompts litter the screens in front of him, message after message just like the ones he was answering while being watched from above. He hadn't caught that girl, and perhaps if he had, he would have some serious explaining to do.

"No one really knows, do they, Juiblex. Who the faceless lord might be. The one that kills those that see fit to betray him without a second thought. The one that can so easily form a guild with an intention, an ideal and a plan for Aincrad. One that seems to have limitless resources at his disposal, and no one truly knows him. I know you wanted to eat that girl, especially when she had the audacity to use my name so frivolously. Truth is I wanted to eat her too, rend her head from her shoulders and see just how cocky that grin would be after." The smile widens as he removes a pair of glasses, messages sent as Hanma's entire army would be spattered upon pikes just about now. As it turned out, amassing an army was quite simple. For you see, Raidou had already done it.

The message received had been a grim one. If they were under attack, it was most likely from Rosaria. They never seemed to get along very well. She had asked something of her second-in-command but to no response. The fighting must've not ceased yet. Hanma needed to hurry back before the casualties became too severe. 

That was, until an attacked aimed for her throat came from the side. Throwing herself to the side, Hanma just barely dodged the thrown spear. Looking over, three LC members stood. Standing straight, Hanma shot them a glare. "Got a lot of backbone to assault one of your leaders like that. Give me the details of your name and captain. I'll let you go for now, but you aren't off of the hook." The second member to no surprise took a step forward. "Funny enough, we don't have to answer you anymore Hanma. You're a traitor to the guild and we're the ones handling your death sentence." A dark glint gleamed in Hanma's eyes. "That so? We'll guess I've gone rogue haven't I? Shame though, that was the one thing holding back my blade..." 

Reaching out to the side and suddenly a large white crescent appeared beside her. Many weapon hilts protruded from its side. Pulling the first, her main weapon, Hanma lashed forward. Her weapon wasn't an ordinary one. It couldn't be parried in a typical manner. As her sword hit the second member's it wrapped around and slashed them across the face. Recoiling, it was already too late for them to make a counter-attack. Hanma had already pulled her weapon tight and had ensnared their weapon. Kicking the member away, she flung his weapon to the ground and turned toward the other two. 

Throwing her own weapon to the side, it would vanish into thin air as she opened up her own arsenal. Pulling a blade of deep crimson she quickly plunged the blade into the first one's chest. Critical strike. How lucky. Bleeding and paralyzed she released the new weapon and pull out a dark blade. Knocking aside a spear thrust, she slashed forward with a Fallen effect. 

"How did you think I got this high ranking in a murder guild? Asking nicely?" Slamming her boot down the paralyzed player's chest, she would smile wickedly. "I doubt weapons like yours will find any use for me. Shame." Stabbing her weapon through his skull would end up serving sufficient for turning her him to dust and a mark on the board. 

A coy smile, as messages came in one after another. It seems they were failing to put the woman down. A single response typed out without a bit of concern for these wolves wearing people skin:

To: Yuyang

ᎦᏗᎥᏝᏬᏒᏋ ᏇᎥᏝᏝ ᏁᎧᏖ ᏰᏋ ᏖᎧᏝᏋᏒᏗᏖᏋᎴ, ᎦᎥᏁᎥᏕᏂ ᎥᏖ ᎧᏒ ᎴᎧ ᏁᎧᏖ ᏒᏋᏖᏬᏒᏁ.

It was off, and it would certainly convince him to continue his assault. After all, he'd be eaten if he didn't comply. The red wanderer looks into his glass, losing himself in the soft green shade. He was absolutely at peace, while elsewhere a war zone between two sides of scum were killing each other. Not a single tear would be shed, for they had no one that even cared about them. Hell, if they erased one another completely, then it would just save him some trouble.

Reaching into his pocket, he removes a tiny tanned leather book. Written by an author in the depths of Aincrad, and although some of his earlier work was terrible. It was at least getting better, as time went on. Unfolding it and moving a small red slip of ribbon, he begins to read, that same sinister grin just plastered indefinitely on his mouth. Sickly and worn only when he was doing the work that needed to be done, writing the world in the image it deserved to wear. So that they may all escape this, and those that were not worth saving wouldn't.

The problem was about to take care of itself.

Were these three wastes of space really all they sent after her? Were they even in the same tier? It didn't make much sense. Rosaria wouldn't underestimate her to this level. The other two were already in desperate conditions from the few attacks she had landed. She didn't have the excitement to kill the other two. She liked to properly pick her battles. She didn't enjoy either side to be hopelessly out of favor. It just wasn't favor. "You two run along now. You aren't even worth my time." 

Suddenly, she felt her body tense. As if she was being stalked. What was it? From their sources, Hidden and Raidou weren't in touch anymore. Was it a lie? Had he sent her after him? The time of this attack was oddly coincidental. That's why she figured it for the crafty Rosaria. 

From her back, a concussive blow struck her neck: slamming her into the ground. Her own preventative enhancements were killed away to prevent the effects of this blow. Judging from that and the damage, Hanma could tell before even seeing the opponent that this was not Hidden. This was a trickster user. 

Rolling across the ground, she quickly sprang up and wiped the dirt from her face. "You dirtied my clothes, hope you're happy." This man was different then the others. A martial arts user. His health bar revealed his guild status. Laughing Coffin. Not someone she thought to had seen in passing before. Though, there were many she remained unacquainted with. Her own battle healing began to take affect, healing the bit of damage the man had dealt on her. 

Pulling out a blade of shocking yellow, a glint in her eyes was produced. This weapon's user had been a more difficult fight. A man focused on the use of paralyze. Had every form of enhancement on it available. Pushing forward off the ground, her speed moved at one that would have been outmatched by the members before. This man was able to keep up however. With careful movement of his hands and arms along with the steady slide of a foot, he had managed to shift the offensive direction. The man quickly took charge, a powerful blow in her direction. Shifting her momentum to the right, the fist sailed past her body and the man followed through his attack separating them. 

Slashing across his passing body, paralytic venom activated on the man. The static went through his body but he made no signs of stopping. Immune. In retaliation, a powerful thrust was aimed at her mid-section. An attack she couldn't dodge. Blocking, the blow hit the static blade in the center. The blade managed to stop the blow but as pressure was released, it shattered in her hand. The single attack had ruined all of its durability. 

"Damn, that was a good one you just ruined too." 

A bit curious, as the soft light of day played upon his book. "I wonder how it's playing out." He comments now a fair margin through the margins of the ledger. A slide of his hand, a few more taps of the screen. A back-up just in case there was a failure that needed to be contained. It was surprisingly easy to keep betrayers under his thumb. Promise of wealth, or threaten with fear. To each their own motivator, and with his set of self taught skills it was easy to read.

The book was a bore, and he still couldn't find a way to relax. It was starting to become clear why. Even still, page after page, he reads the words. As if gleaning some meaning from them but was it something he could take? Hanma had been an interesting one, he'd never spoken to her but had heard plenty. Brash, terrible with people. It was a pleasure to finally put a face to the name.

Raidou uses Tracking

there she was, still alive, it seemed. Behind his glasses, you couldn't even tell he wasn't just enjoying a good book. A shift and Yuyang was still kicking. Well no matter, they would figure it out. Or they wouldn't, and again it wouldn't be an issue. Like Risque or Opal, Everyone had an ego, and everyone had a price. The red wanderer just knew what it was.

Despite having met her match, the former-finger revealed no sign of weakness. Not even a breath was out of place as once again took out her primary weapon. The sword provided both its power and range. A versatile weapon that had won many battles before. Swinging her arm around, she cast the blade out. The weapon became separated by its links, becoming a flexible and powerful weapon emphasizing on its momentum. The enemy did well retaliate, quickly pushing forward after ducking under her swing. Her weapon quickly retracted, becoming the same as a normal blade. 

A defensive swing push the MA user away. Keeping him out of range was by far her best option. Without anymore antidote charges, she couldn't allow herself to be hit by whatever immobility status he was using. Leaping backwards, Hanma flashed the man a confident smile. "You're good. Surprised I've never seen you before in the guild. Must be one of those other Fingers aren't you? Strange that you showed up here at this time." Gripping her sword even tighter, she exhaled deeply. "If you want real praise though, survive this.A dark aura surrounded her weapon as its Fallen Aura tainted the air. "Shinda no Orochi" Her pale weapon almost purred as its name was called. It was hungry, hungry for the kill. 

Casting the blade up into the air, the weapon seemed to extend infinitely before changing direction and heading straight for her target. Without surprise, the man moved without hesitation. Adaptability was what made his fighting style come thus far after all. The bracers on his arms lit aflame with a sickly green flame. With a wide stance, he awaited Hanma's attack. The point of Hanma's blade only gained speed and power as it drew closer. Firm, Yuyang stood. At just the right moment, a sweep of his right forearm slammed into the side of the attack and redirected it entirely. Unluckily for him, Shina no Orochi was no one trick pony. 

The point of her weapon slammed into the ground but Hanma's smile never ceased. It only grew instead. With a snap of her own wrist, the point bounced off the ground a curved back towards the martial artist. Yuyang never faltered. He quickly turned, slamming his palm onto the oncoming point. It was as if the two were holding sword against sword as the point continued to put force on the fighter's hand. The sickly green flames grew as Yuyang continued. Grabbing the next link of Hanma's blade with his free hand, he yanked hard on the weapon. The slack of the blade quickly retracted, pulling Hanma towards him. "WHAT!?" Hanma exclaimed as she was vaulted in her opponents direction suddenly. Never before had an opponent performed this kind of move. She wasn't even aware it was possible to reverse the pull of her weapon. 

Activating Dragon's Ascent and Brawler simultaneously, Yuyang drew back his fist. He was prepared to make the finishing blow here. Hanma wasn't without a final ditch effort either. Using her Custom Skill, Dead Man's Arsenal, she quickly pulled a new weapon from her inventory. A weapon that once belonged to some kid that wanted to play hero. Using all of the momentum provided by Yuyang himself, Hanma was able to pierce through his iron-hard skin. Her blade sunk through the other side of his body. Still, the man did not falter. Continuing forward, he put all of his power into one attack: his ST-B. The raw force of the blow threw Hanma like a ragdoll, her body crumpling on the dirt. Had her body not been virtual each of bones would have been shattered. Instead, an actual indention was made at her ribs where the attack had landed. 

Coughing, Hanma glanced to her health. It was barely still there. The stranger's attack had nearly done her in. He wasn't in the greatest of shape after her attack. Still laying on the ground, Hanma turned her head to see the man. Instead of laying on the ground like her, he kneeled with one hand planted on the ground to hold himself up as the other gripped the blade that pierced his body. Without her weapon's phase ability, she doubted the weapon would have managed to sink in that deep. Even without his armor. Yuyang's flames had subsided but he was still alive himself. Hanma watched as he slowly pulled that blade from himself. 

"Damn..." She cursed weakly. "Was a stronger guy than I thought. I don't even have any backup to rely on right now either." Still on the ground, Hanma reached into a secret pocket hidden inside her shirt. A corridor crystal. One that could take her to any location she desired. A place, that only she would know of. The only other man who knew was now dead. Whispering her instructions to the crystal, her body vanished from the tarnished battlefield. The surrounding city in which the two orange players had fought was now in ruin. Several Imperial Guards were beginning to sweep through the scene in answer to the distress calls of the NPC's. 

Yuyang stood, taking a breath. He remained in a weakened state as his body began to regenerate. He hadn't expected such a counter attack possible from Hanma. Rubble littered the ground from where her weapon had struck the ground. Looking down, he found a broken hilt. The one which his fist had shattered. Picking it up, he would add it to his inventory. He understood there was no return to where he had come. The Guild Master had ordered his success and wouldn't accept him to return empty handed. He would make pursuit to Hanma to whereever she had run. 

An imperial guard began to attempt to apprehend him, but a quick blow with restorative strike would fix up some of his wounds. A teleport crystal would take him away. He needed to find her first and without using the guilds resources. He had to find a way on his own to return to grace after having failed his own mission and allowing Hanma to get away. 

A single dot rushing away, finding itself placed on floor 19 right out in the middle of a hidden nook in The forbidden lands. Hanma had escaped, it seemed, and that meant that Yuyang had failed his only task. Shifting tracking for a moment to notice that the player was still on the move. "A pity." The red wanderer remarked. Flipping the page over in his book, a pair of innocent bystanders just drifting past without paying him that much attention. "As it would turn out, you cannot send garbage to play the part of warrior." Removing a black book and transcribing the location he'd stolen from Hanma after her retreat, one more bullet point in a plan for action.

It was a welcome blessing, though, for the more that remained standing were more that he could use for his own purposes. Hanma included. All he had to do is get the wilting lily to cooperate, but that would come from her own lips first. Else it wouldn't work. Folding the mysterious ledger and adding it back to an awaiting pocket. "It's only a matter of time, until this all comes to a final act." A twisted and sickly smile, reaching his hand toward his face as he shields onlookers from its showing. 

Raising from a seat, removing his robe from his back. He had dinner plans, and this little foray had taken him away from them. Nursing the thought in his head, shoving a single white disk into his mouth and biting down on it. "Lets go enjoy a good meal, Juiblex, after all you were denied that bitch. Let's see what the arbiters and Rosa are serving. Hopefully I won't have to feed you, but maybe I will." spoken as he removes the glasses from his face.

Thread Complete:
image.png
7632/30=254*5=1270
7632/300=25 Seeds

Rewards:
Hidden
1270*8=10160*1.25 [Event/Tag]=12700 EXP
(400 Thread Closure, 1905 Laurel)*1.3 [Event]=2996 Col
10*1.5 [Event]=15 Materials
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield #201674a
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield #201674b
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield #201674c