[F22-PP] Breaking Point

Kasumi's reaction brings a smile to her face. "Yes, Raidou could teach me, but this is for him and for me," taking a deep breath she chuckles a bit. "You know how I told you we had a lot to talk about, that is one of them." Taking a small sip this time from her shake, "Better..." Clearing her throat a bit glancing back at Kasumi. "I found out that it was a very real possibility that we would know one another outside this world. I practically live right in his backyard." A twist of her lips as it just started to sink in. "I may have told him that I would support him in every way possible to try making what he has there a defensive option. That means that I need to know his ways in defensive style and I have seen the way you fight.  It seems similar to what I'm looking for..." This may have been a lot to take in but for some reason her words just flew out. "Wow, I am so sorry, that was a bit straight forward..." Thinking about what Kasumi last said... "That's the boulder quest right? It was on my list of things to do. Completing all the quests eventually is a goal of mine," saying this with a smile as she takes another sip. 

Edited by Eruda

Back into the building, a small rattling of coins in a sack in her hands. A glance around proves there are no players within the building, only the NPC cook that ran the place. She ushers over to him, handing him the bag as per usual. He smiles to her, accepting the payment for the job she had taken. Under the guise of earning a small bit of coin, but to gather information without arising suspicion. "I am finished for today." her voice falls back into hers, a strange mismatch from the appearance she was still sporting. "Alright, feel free to come and work again. Oh! and here." He reaches into the pouch and hands her a paltry sum from it. What amounted to about 10 col. She only needed 1.  Wandering behind the counter into the back, she unlocks and opens a pantry. Smiling and just standing there with a spin of confusion, her duplicate and the original. Her image shifts back into the white haired woman that had convinced and trapped her back here. "Feel free to return to your duties, I found the tart I was looking for." The waitress bows, and Setsuna hands her the 20 col for the rather strange request she had made to trap her here. "Thank you for your patronage!"

After the coin is transferred, Setsuna simply ceases to be.

ID:199231 | Battle:8, Craft:6, Loot:12+6=18 (Stealth Rating)

Edited by Setsuna

The blossom was a bit curious what else it was that Eruda wished to talk about, and yet she would wait for her to be ready to share. "You live in the barracks?" she was perplexed by the notion. She rounds her ear with her right hand, pulling a lingering strand of orange hair out of her eyes. Another sip, trying to put the pieces together in her head. "That's where the extended family live, are you related to him somehow?" Her question wasn't too unorthodox, she cannot recall the entire family tree of her cousin. She squints a bit, trying to pick up on some semblance of shared features. Not a single one.

It was true that only those that stayed in the main residence were required to learn the hereditary teaching of Tenjinmon. Eruda knew likely little about it. "It's not designed to protect anyone." her face distorts into a look of sorrow, as memories of bones breaking riddle her eardrums. What she studied, was a perversion of that. One created and twisted by a boy in glasses to change its very nature. It was harder to do, an alive and not mutilated opponent was one that could retaliate. A snap to reality, with newfound determination, "Boulder quest then." spoken with a nod. She'd be the second teacher ever for a rewrite of history.

Eruda could tell that it bothered Kasumi? "Raidou has told me what his father teaches and its absolutely horrendous. I also know that Raidou is the Heir to the Mughan Tension Clan and that if he put work into it, he could create something great from a pure defensive standpoint," Eruda sits there for a moment, sipping her drink. "I haven't seen any other family besides mine, Freya, me, and my stuck up mother..." Eruda pauses for a moment... Then it dawned on her... "Wait... How do you know about the Barracks?" Was she missing something... Her head goes slightly down like she was thinking as her eyes move back and forth without head movement... Her head goes up to look at the ceiling now with a puff of breath... "I'm confused now... I was never able to go into the walls, I only know what Rai has told me... and as far as I'm concerned we are not related to anyone in there. Why do you ask this?" Eruda tries to wrap her head around the pure confusion of what Kasumi actually knew...    

Edited by Eruda

She was a little curious, but it seemed that Eruda already knew quite a bit about it. It must have come from Raidou himself, which left her with a slight bit of joy. That mean he was talking about it, letting all that pent-up steam out. "There are a few families in those buildings, I just didn't know that you would be one of them. I know about them, because I live with my cousin. That's how I've learned what I have." That should have been apparent, but it rolls of Kasumi without even a hint of irritation. "Only students can enter the main building, likewise students are not allowed to mingle with the extended family. It is almost a punishment to the ones housed outside. They lose the ability to speak with those that have chosen to learn, as if they no longer exist. It also is supposed to allow those inside to focus on their studies."

There was an obvious plastering of confusion on Kasumi's face. "Only family are allowed to stay there, it's a private estate, not one for rent. Which means you have to be related to someone on the inside." Her mind started to linger on the people that lived inside the dojo, and there wasn't that many. Her hand rose with fingers extending, as she counted out the people as they rushed through her mind.

"That makes some sense, but Griswold would have told me if I had any other siblings. I just know about my younger sister Anna, but she was left with my father when my mother decided to leave him with just Freya and I..." Eruda and Kasumi were seeming trying to figure this out... Something didn't add up. If only family was allowed in those homes... She never once recalled her mother being pregnant again so that couldn't be it. Taking a roll in her hand, she sets it to her lips but doesn't take a bite... Thinking... "Maybe... " Eruda says this in a slight mumble with a bun against her face. Finally taking a bite she gives a sigh. This was a lot. She had no idea that this was even a requirement for the barracks. Hell, her mother shared nothing like this to her, why would she though. The distance from the twins explains some now though... "Well, if I do have family in those walls, what are the chances of me getting in as a student, under Rai of course?"

Edited by Eruda

"Hmm, maybe your mom has a relative she hasn't been able to introduce you to because of the restriction." Kasumi remarks with the only thing that could make sense. It hardly mattered in the grand scheme, given their shared predicament. It wasn't any bells for Eruda either. "Getting in as a student usually begins when you're really young, they see promise in kids in the barracks, which is half the reason they are kept so close. I started training when I was barely a year old." All the memories of the strict tutelage playing behind amber eyes, kept at bay by a chipper grin and a small decree on a hand wrap. "Even more, Raidou wouldn't be allowed to teach anything. I don't know if he told you, but even as the heir, he has denied his father completely. He refuses to learn anything meant for hurting people, and uh..." She struggled to put the flashback to words, where Raidou virtually destroyed his own father in combat and was stripped of his title and forsaken by all but his mother. The very same that convinced her to follow him instead.

"Raidou has told me that in different words, not that he was stripped of the title though. There has to be some way though. Some way to kick his father off the throne so to speak. Raidou is still his blood. That has to mean something, right?" She did not know much about the art itself, but there was always a loophole. There had to be. "Raidou told me that others were treated with complete shit, mainly left with broken bones and their soul dumped to nearly nothing. That is not the way for anyone to live. They would follow him if given that chance. I just know it..." Setting the roll down, she stares at the counter and her shake that was melting slowly. Looking up at Kasumi after a moment. "If there is a way we will find it. I am 110% with Raidou no matter what. I believe that Raidou will one day be in that same place but everything will be different." Eruda stands from her chair holding a hand out to Kasumi. "Will you help us find a way," It was a lot to handle but Eruda was determined now. Whatever it took... The violence had to stop one way or another... 

Edited by Eruda

Eruda knew much more than she let on, it seemed as though her cousin had had quite the sharing session. It was a weird mix of delight and sorrow given the context, as such the girl's face didn't know how to react. "Truth is, his father has no choice. He cannot deny Raidou's prowess, and after his defeat you can almost tell his pride has been damaged. All that is left is time, and for my cousin to wish to take the seat as the head of household." It was on that second point, that Kasumi was not so sure of the outcome. She was present during the exchange, the duel of ideals, and listened to the words spoken between them. It was clear that Raidou wanted no part of it. Another sip to try and break up the heavy thickness of the conversation between them. Kasumi wasn't expecting to get all deep in family history today, but it was what it was.

It was clear that Kasumi was a bit disturbed by this conversation. "I am sorry... I guess I keep forgetting that you were there through all the hard ache that took place." Eruda takes a deep breath with a slow exhale. Biting her bottom lip slightly, thinking about everything that Rai has done for her in this game. It was more than she could ever hope for in her lifetime. She just wanted to do the same for him. Sitting back down, taking a sip of her shake. "Raidou has shown major change and not only in his fighting or leadership. He has become slightly more open with me and I..." Thinking about that day... "Rai..." Eruda readjusts in her chair facing the counter top now. Tracing the rim of her cup with a finger as her face became a bit flustered. "He kissed me... He then proceeded to make that day the most romantic one ever..." A small nervous chuckle, "Kasumi, I love him..." A pause while she lets that sink in without looking directly at her. She sits there for a moment in silence with a smile before saying, "He also invited me to live in his house..." She was unsure how to tell Raidou this, but it was going to happen. "I just want the very best for him..."

Edited by Eruda

A sudden harsh suck of the strawberry milkshake, sees her brain turn into a popsicle. The girl coughs a few times, eyes watering as she almost face plants the table. "Really!?" Kasumi exhumes leaning forward, red as all get up and matched with a gleeful smile. "That's so good, oh my goodness." Her eyes welling in the mix of happiness and overwhelming cold. "Tell me all about it!" Here it was her cousin, and her best friend finally hitting it off. God knew that Raidou needed a release, and Eruda had been vying for his attention all this time. It was something Kasumi had been waiting for quite some time to come to fruition, the moment didn't even feel real. Earnestly leaning forward, desperate to hear the details of how it all went down. The teenage scene playing through her noggin as she imagined some almost corny drama with a happy ending, cupping the side of her head and allowing a straw to dangle out of her mouth.

Edited by Kasumi

Seeing Kasumi's excitement was not surprising in the least. It was clear that this was a long time coming, pulling one knee up letting the heel rest on the tip of the chair. "At first it was agonizing, the date before last was a mess. He just left me at the table with no explanation. It felt like being left at the altar of your wedding day. It didn't seem at that point that he was interested in the slightest. I locked away what I felt and avoided him for months..." Those painful thoughts were no longer there. Since be erased from her memory. Everything was different... "I found him sitting there mere meters from my shop and Raserei, my wolf would not allow me to leave, but all I wanted to do was run away." Eruda was gazing off into the distance looking at nothing really at all picturing that day. "Asked me to sit, a few words were spoken and then he just kissed me. My entire world was flipped upside down with shock and confusion. My heart was in panic mode, but I came to realize that all those other times he was trying, but it almost seemed like he couldn't go on with us until something in his life shifted... I feel like that kiss was him telling me he was finally ready to try..."

Thinking about the blast to the past moment, being against that tree, being so close and the warmth of that touch from his hand, his breath against her face. Eruda's face became a bit red. "Did you know that Raidou could dance? He moved like he fought without the sword of course..." Her other leg came up to her chest too. "After we had dinner, I went home and just felt like I could melt. It was a huge blast to the past, but a million times different, it felt like a dream that I didn't want to end. Like something that you just wanted to last forever, something that you would want to freeze time for and stay in that moment," a pause as a small exhale puff releases from her mouth. Thinking about that last symbol in the tea cup and what it meant... "Since then we have been talking and actually getting to know one another. It's been a huge relief knowing that my feelings were not just one sided..." Eruda sits there for a moment flustered. "Kasumi do you have a special someone?" Her chest was raising a million miles a second and if she didn't change the subject slightly, she might explode... 

Kasumi listens attentively, her expression shifting and becoming more placid as the recollection continues. The girl was just lost in the recount from her dear friend. "Uh, lemme think." She tapped a finger against her forehead. "Oh right, I saw him one time." A smile returns, remembering that it was him and his mother changing how the kid saw the dojo. Eventually that sharing ends, and Kasumi peels another pull from the straw bottoming out the remainder of her shake.  The glass rattles as she releases and wiggles the straw with her fingertips. "Who me!?" The reaction is rather abrupt, as she shakes her head and uses her hands to wave dismissively. Immediately, the girl turns bright red to match her lunchtime companion. Her eyes then advert down to the table, as a face slides into her mind's eye. The pressure in her face felt like it could pop a damn blood vessel.

The reaction given when the question was asked, there was only one obvious answer. "Oh come on please," softly, grabbing Kasumi's arm releasing her legs to the ground. Scooting her chair closer to the girl. "No names have to come up, I just want the details." On another note she might want the name just so if they did anything to hurt her friend there would be evil eyes set on him or her but that was besides the point right now. Releasing her arm, taking the shake in her hand and finishing the remainder. It tasted a bit warm but that was fine. "Can you at least say guy or girl... So that I can at least have a small picture with your spunky nature, please." If this was not a public place Eruda would have been on her knees begging. Eruda really want to know, she couldn't be the only one that was enjoying life and not just fighting to get out...

"But we're only friends, though." Kasumi tries to correct Eruda, not sure how to put it into words. "He, uh, saved me from a lich and then we kind of had a lunch date after." Here she was gossiping about him but didn't even know how he felt. "It was to pay him back, and it went terribly." Ain't that the truth, the girl couldn't keep her mind from racing around and getting her in all sorts of trouble. "So we ended up eating in, and talking about ourselves for a while. Nothing weird happened, but..." she was notably flustered, just like Eruda was not but seconds ago. The glasses empty, and Kasumi uses this as an opportunity to wave down the waitress. "Two more please, I think we still have a lot to discuss?" as she sighs a soft release and hoped for a change of topic. The blossom didn't want to be a gossip or get Eruda's hopes up for something that may never happen.

Edited by Kasumi

Eruda smiles... There was a but... "Kasumi, from the looks of it you do have some resemblance of feelings for this man. I say ask him out and make it clear it's a date. If he says no or makes an excuse why he can't then he probably just wants to be friends. If he says yes, then it will be clear that he feels something for you." Crossing her legs and leaning back in her chair as 2 more shakes arrive. "In honesty, I am just taking a guess here, but it's the most obvious answer. Figure out from there and take it slow. One step at a time..." God only knows she didn't have the easiest man in the world and she could only guess what men themselves thought but it was her honest opinion. She was in a good place, but this conversation. She was rather enjoying the girl time with her long lost friend. In a way it was peaceful... Smiling as she says "I hope that you two work out either way and if it comes down to it, it is always good to have another friend on your belt. I can tell you this though, don't stop trying. Everyone here deserves to be happy one way or another..." Taking a slurp of her shake, her eyes close instantly as she shakes her head. After the brain freeze dims a bit, she says, "Why don't we take these to go. We will do that boulder quest and then start with the training." Raising a hand up and pulling her fingers into a fist, "Time to go get exhausted," with a smile.

Thread Complete:
8292 words/30=276*5=1380
8292 words/300=27 Seeds

Eruda:
1380*6=8280*1.5=12420 Exp

Nisahime:
1380*2=2760*1.5=4140 Exp

Kasumi:

Setsuna:

Simmone:
12420*.15=1863*3(Eruda, Kasumi,Setsuna)=5589+400(Thread Closure)=5989*1.3(Event)=7785

Tags:
Eruda
ID:199285 | Battle:6, Craft:4, Loot:20
ID:199286 | Battle:3, Craft:10, Loot:10
ID:199287 | Battle:8, Craft:10, Loot:10
Tags 2
10 materials, +10% EXP to the party, 
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield #199287a
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield #199287b
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield #199287c

Nisahime:
ID:199288 | Battle:4, Craft:4, Loot:12