[PP-F01] Lucky's First Lesson

Lucky| Lv. 1 | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 5

"You there! Stop, please!" A man approaches you with long, purposeful strides. "Pardon me, but I am in need of some assistance, and you appear quite capable." Giving the NPC your attention, he heaves a quick sigh, adjusting the monocle over his right eye. "My name is Dorian, and I am the mayor of this town. As part of those mayoral duties, I issued a small loan to a member of the community a few months ago. Well, the time to collect had come around and I-" Flustered, Dorian systematically runs his fingers over his perfect mustache. "You see, I've forgotten who it was I loaned the money to. Terribly embarrassing, I know, but I am a very busy man, and I cannot keep track of everything that happens. I'm sure you understand." With a wave of his hand, Dorian continues, "Should you be willing to track down the loan recipient for me, and collect the col, I would be eternally grateful. Just, maybe don't let anyone else know I forgot who the loan went to?"

Upon acceptance of the quest, Dorian nods. "Excellent, I knew I could count on you! You might start with Zackariah, the alchemist. He's often doing projects for the town, so it may have been him that borrowed the money."

And off she went.

That conversation... what a whirlwind! A strange man and his monocle had introduced themselves as the mayor of the town, a clumsy clumsy NPC. Lucky had for the most part avoided getting herself caught up in quest lines, but this one struck like lightning. Maybe it was the system's way of pulling her out of her mundane, but she didn't mind all too much. After all, she was in quite the lull, and being tasked with something so simple was just what she needed to get going.  Aincrad... hadn't been easy on her, or on anyone. It almost felt as if she's been on auto pilot for a very long time, and today was the day she had the consciousness to act herself. It was like the strangest thing, but Lucky got a sudden sense in her gut that today, and tomorrow on, was going to be very different for her....  "Ah shoot... I don't really know where that Zacka-whatever guy is... or looks like. I've never need an alchemist before.." She mumbles to herself, shaking her head with a sigh. Lucky finds her head turning side to side, looking for signs or maybe even an icon pointing her... nope. this game wasn't so basic.  "Maybe someone else knows... I'll probably find him if i wander around...!" She reassures herself.

Edited by Lucky Charms

<<The First Lesson>>

On his way to his friend's house, NIGHT's, Chase ended up seeing the dead giveaway of a freshie that was staying in an inn for god knows how long- much like he, of course. He quietly stuffed both of his hands in his pockets, deciding to follow her around for a minute or two silently. If she managed to find her way to Zack's (probably) store, he'd let her. If she wouldn't... oh boy.

Chase DBP Default Uncertain.png"... Christ almighty.", he thought to himself after a good five minutes he thought to stick with her just to see her find her way around. But after fumbling about the streets completely hopelessly with quite the anxious expression on her face, he decided to step forwards and cough dryly- as you do- to get her attention. And now came the classic pick up line as he put on a more friendly smile. "First Lesson, right?". The name of the quest she was probably going for. The amount of times he'd asked this question was starting to make him laugh more and more, but it was good ultimately. Just showed that more people wanted to pick up the pace and get out whenever they could. "Zackariah's house is somewhere over there. Want me to take you over?". It was easy to see that he wasn't a newbie himself. His clothes weren't just standard issued hard leather armor, instead being a comfy, custom blue jacket with black shorts to pair, as well as some bracelet on his left arm and a (now at least) menacingly big sword on his back. A way too recent upgrade, but he carried it around as normally as one could with a sword-shaped boulder on their back.

Spoiler

ChaseR,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 57
HP: 840/840
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 69
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
Battle Healing: 46
Loot Dice: 5
HLY BLS: 18
HLY: 16
PHASE
V.D.: 46
V.O.: 92

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Chase's Star>> (T4/SS/Demonic): HOLY II, PHASE, V.OFF I
Armor: <<Azure Getup>> (T4/CA/Perfect): VDEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Trinket/Demonic): ACC II, EVA II

Custom Skill:
Custom Test

Skills:
Straight Sword R5
Cloth Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Searching R4
Fighting Spirit
Charge
Howl

Active Mods:
Athletics

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Stamina
Precision
Ferocity
Nimble
Focused Howl

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Forgotten King’s Authority
Meditation
Survival

Inactive Extra Skills:
Restorative Strike

Battle Ready Inventory:
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery) x1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III) x1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3) x1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +25 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring:

Edited by ChaseR
Edited me stats in

Oh god, I'm fucking pitiful. This blue looking big shot has to worry about my disoriented ass...! She cries internally. On the outside, she just sighs and lets the defeat wash over her pink face. "Yeah..." She sighs, rubbing the back of her neck. It takes a moment to gain the courage to meet his eyes, her large and shiny ones looking so pretty yet so tired, like life barely clung. "I never really tried exploring anything adventure-based except for the first day and uh... well yeah-" Speaking about what happened is kind of taboo, especially with strangers

"I  would appreciate the guidance.." She bows her head a little. She's just about to take off with her tail between her legs when she realizes he's actually intending to accompany her. She feels guilty, immediately. But the tiny, desperate part of her that needed the company jumped on first, a little too early for such a down girl. "...I would really appreciate it." She corrects with emphasis.

This might as well have been the first time Chase met someone so petite, barring that one kid he'd found hanging around Haine and Kiluia back when they were still around. She seemed mature though, so probably around his age. As if that mattered. It was time to go find the alchemist, that's what he'd to focus on. "Y-You don't need to be so formal. I do this a lot... On accident, but. C'mon, he's this way.", he told her and began walking down the path, the same one that lead out of the town.

Chase DBP Awkward Silent.pngWhile walking though, he decided to give her a bit of insight into his own 'gaming career'. "I uh... There's stuff other than adventure games too? This is my first one.", he admitted with an awkward laugh, feeling some small beads of sweat form on his face. She seemed to be acting like he was some form of authority, but the goofball wouldn't even be here if he was around that level of knowledge. "I was supposed to share the game with a friend but uh. Y'know how it went.", he tried to explain and just as he finished, he came to a somewhat sudden halt and turned to the left, showing the wooden workshop in all of its glory. "Zackariah's the old man in there. Once he's told you what to do, we'll head into the fields. You'll have to gather some materials for him."

As her new acquaintance talked about his experience, she felt a little silly for assuming he was someone with a lot of expertise, and for speaking so formally. But it had been so long since she'd had a proper conversation, she knew that it was the social anxiety surfacing again.. well an, he did look pretty cool! She thought that's what those kind of guys did where, ya know?? With an internally head shake to clear her thoughts, she nodded. "My dad, he wanted to join me here..." She shrugs her shoulders, trying to show empathy but it ended up being poorly done. Clearing her throat, she walks to the door of the alchemist. "I'll be just a minute." She assures, walking in.

~~

As you enter Zackariah’s shop, you are met with shelves and shelves of colorful potions in various vials and jars. “Oh, hello," comes the distracted greeting from behind the counter. A man with a long, snow-white beard glances up from a bubbling cup of sweet-smelling purple liquid. "Are you here to order something? I’m sorry, but I am currently swamped with orders, and I’m running out of supplies.” Light comes into the man's dark eyes, a lightbulb going off to signify a brilliant idea. “Would you gather a few materials for me? Flowers, herbs, rare woods, whatever you can find outside the city walls. I promise I’ll help you fill your order as soon as you return. In fact, I would be willing to show you how to do it yourself.”
~~

Ah, quest like these really enjoy being a big old goose chase didn't they. After receiving yet another part of the quiet, and some instructions on basic game mechanics she rarely dabbled in, even in the two years, she was out of the elaborate and warm feeling store front. "So, gathering...!" She clapped her hands a little awkwardly. "Guess I better get ready for some foraging practice, haven't done that since summer camp."

Edited by Lucky Charms

Although her remark could have been seen by rude, it'd be hypocritical of Chase to take offense. He was so much worse when he started out since going into the game and even further back. It was only recently that he could speak without offending anyone and everyone at the same time with his remarks, crassness and overall tone. "Ye, take your time.", he told her and yawned, putting both hands behind his head and looking up at the sky quietly.

Chase DBP Default.png"Oh?", he heard her and turned to the side, giving her a nod when she mentioned the gathering task she was given. He simply smiled again and just started to move out towards the fields, gesturing her to follow right up. "Gathering is uh. Weird? So you know how you could forage for berries and stuff like in camp? You kinda don't here. You'll go out into the fields, monsters can spawn but they're not aggressive unless you're in their territory, plus I'm here, but you go out and you look for blue shining stuff. When you pick them up, they'll stop shining and that's a material.", he tried to explain as best as he could, and in the process it might have seemed somewhat downplaying? That was probably because he wasn't sure how to say it without sounding completely off though. The sleepiness was causing his mind to be more foggy too, having woken up this early on, so that was to blame as well. "So look around and just see if you can spot any blue shines in the grass.", he repeated and showed her the open fields around him with his hand. Nothing was close in terms of monsters, but a few boars could be seen wandering about with red crystals above their heads. "Don't approach them and we'll be fine.", he reminded her and just watched with a smile.

Admittedly his description was a little bit baffling, but it made sense. The materials she'd gotten in her start weren't anything in specific, despite being listed. So the idea that visually they would be quite generic, made sense. Although from a different perspective it was still a little surprising- a million graphics for a billion things in this game, and basic materials were left to be a glowing light... "Huh..." She shrugged, blinking away the tangle of thoughts in her head. She walked alongside him as they exited the city walls to walk along with the fields just outside. Lord, how long had it been? She can't lie and say the very last time was day 1 but... 

Lucky turned her head, looking at those overgrown pigs in the slight distance. She wasn't scared of them. Definitely not, like there was not a single chance in the world that the thought of an even slightly hostile mob taking her hp to zero terrified her to the point of stillness. Not in front of other people at least, but it was quite obvious their presence made her tense up, nodding silently. 

She began to look over the beautiful morning grass, searching for the difference between glowing materials and the shimmering dew.  A thought crossed her her. "Does.. the red mean that they're hostile in general or... does it mean they've killed a player?

ID: 199070 | LD 2| First Lesson | FAIL

It seems her distracting thoughts had consequences.

Edited by Lucky Charms

The question took Chase by surprise, but more than anything else he just looked at one of the boars, down at his own literal jacket for armor he was wearing, and then back at Lucky. "N-No, the red just means they're mobs. There's not enough of us for all of them to have killed, and them... They uh. Do you have mitigation on your armor? They can't damage you if you have a single slot at the lowest level. They suck.", he told her with a sigh, scratching the back of his head.

Chase DBP Guilty Silent.pngIt was a very odd question for a newbie, and it's not that he wanted to belittle her, but maybe she was being a bit dramatic. They were just boars, and even he was tense but not outright scared of them. So now was uh... time to try and figure out how to use that large hunk of junk. He took his sword off his back and quietly dug its blade into the ground, coughing dryly. Even she could tell he was having a bit of trouble using it as he rested both of his arms on it, pointing at the endless fields. "So quick thing. I'm a tank. I take hits, dodge them mostly, and monsters go for me. They're no danger to you if you have mitigation, and even if you don't, they'll be trying to hit me the whole time anyways. The sword's new but I can kick them to death probably, given my level. It's uh... Paragon 50-something. You can calm down.". His awkward side seemed to have been put back out on display, and his words might have come out less reassuring than intended. But at least, he didn't seem to be lying, and that he most definitely was not.

She ends up red in the ears as he explains it to her, knowing how stupid and how much a scaredy-cat she must have sounded like. "I only wondered cus' players get red when they do it... but yeah, that's fair." She responds, not defensively but a little sheepish.  She knew they were probably the least harmful spawn in this game, but she'd also heard of people getting into accidents with them, returning to the safe zone with at low health thinking they could make it without incident, and then..... "Yeah, I've got mitigation. I didn't know they were that weak, so I guess that's pretty good." She shrugs, continuing to search around.

She listens to his explanation of his roles while she searches, looking over her shoulder whenever she needed to, eventually pausing completely to look at the heavy sword. When he reassures her safety, she snaps her head back around to her direction away from him, hiding her pout of irritated embarrassment. None of it was aimed at him, more so at herself. She was a social butterfly, in real life. When she made mistakes or was oblivious, it was funny and endearing.. now she just felt pitiful. But she still appreciated him, nonetheless, and tried not to make him the subject of her internal frustrations.  Instead, she tries to make better conversation.

"Did you always want to be a tank? On my first day, I figured out pretty quickly I'd prefer to stay back and stab from a distance. That's why I ended up with a polearm."

ID: 199071 | LD  19 |  Material Search | Success! (1/5)

"Ooh...!" She coos to herself as she finds a glowing green... something.

Edited by Lucky Charms

Lucky's question almost snapped Chase out of this poor attitude again and got him to stop, look at her and space out. What did he want to do when he started playing? He always wanted to be of help to others, but having cowered in an inn for a good few years didn't really do him good. Was it years though? Or was it months, hell, even weeks and he just thought it too long?

Chase DBP Surprised.pngDespite the questions he was drowning himself with, he didn't externalise it in his expression too well because he ended up just looking down at the grass wide eyed like a fish for a good minute or so. "I was sitting in some inn on the first for a while. So I guess... I wanted to pay back the frontlines for keeping up the clearing even when I was just being a wimp.", he muttered, having a relatively neutral expression before a smile cracked again. A small, but genuine smile, and a softer look in his eyes. "... It's kinda fun. Protecting friends. And making new ones. I haven't had an experience like this in real life. I sucked at meeting and talking to people. Still do, just not as much, thankfully.", his rambling continued, as he thought about all the times he took hits for Shay, NIGHT, Haine, and the list went on and on. He'd even tried protecting more people but there was always stronger tanks out there- not just people will faster reflexes, those were... probably out there, just not putting them to use. Just people that wanted to do the same as he did, and he was in no place to take that away from them. "Bows and stuff don't exist, so that was your best bet huh? Is the fighting giving you any trouble?", he tried to put the encounter back on track with some more conversation, looking at her with the same small smile and a more interested expression than whatever she'd seen from him so far.

His story was much the same as she was, for the first while at least. He'd just.. been a lot braver a lot sooner, still more than she was, that was for sure.  Orr maybe, it was that... he was successful. "Y'know... about a week or two after we all got stuck... I thought I was ready to come out. I was optimistic for a little bit, new friends an all.  I usually just supported them from safe zones, running errands and home making But uh, well, a... lonely month or two later I just gave up." She shrugs. "But that sucks...! I kind of just wanna be like you, well uh- i mean, ya know, living." She realizes she's fumbling, and clears her through, stuffing down the sorry she almost gave him. 

"If I'm honest, no idea. I'm pretty sure I've done as little battling as possible. I guess I'm still here, and those fights weren't bad, so not yet?".  Lucky shrugs again, digging through the bushes and grass more to find more sources of glowing material. There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere...

ID: 199072 | LD 11 | Material Search | Success! (2/5)

Edited by Lucky Charms

Her behavior so far and the way she acknowledged she's participated in as few fights as possible, maybe she just wasn't suited for combat. He knew a few people like that, like that sleazeball Sven, that midget cook with the cart, and a few more. A lonely month though? "Lonely? They never came back once they were done here, or... did they..?", he quietly asked, looking at her with furrowed brows and a bit of worry for what she'd say in response.

Chase DBP Eyebrow.pngAs for no battling... That could work. Hell, that might as well be a better outcome than another battle-crazed player. "Mm... It's not bad if you don't wanna fight. You can probably get away with it and pretty well too. Become a crafter, probably cook, alchemist or performer and supply the frontliners with items. Not everyone is made for combat.", he shared his thoughts and gave her another small smile, hoping he'd reassured her that she wasn't just being the odd one out. "You can also craft and fight if that's what you want. Or just fight and craft something every now and then like me. I make trinkets.", he said and looked at his Chained Bracelet, just grinning and then turning to her again. He was still waiting on an answer anyways. Even so though, he couldn't help but notice that she was getting successful with the gathering now that the conversation had gotten going.

Her lips tightened for a moment, feeling like her whole body tensed as she thought about them again. It took her a moment to bring herself to be able to admit the truth outright. Sometimes it was like she was still in denial, like she never knew them. But that was a lie, and she dishonoring them, their hopes and courage by hiding away... "Yeah...they went on a mission and... it was their last one. I guess everyone loses someone at some point in this game. I'm not the only one so, I feel kind of bad that others were able to get stronger." She admits, continuing her searches.

"I think... if I find some new friends, maybe a party or a guild, ill try and be a supporter in battles, at least more than I would usually like to. But if I end up alone again... ill probably get into something safer like a craft skill. well-" she tilts her head, a decidedly more interactive and brighter action than her previous body language. "I would like to be able to do both I guess... ah, I don't know..." She shrugs, then looks over. Her eyes sparkle seeing his pretty bracelet. "Do you think someone could be able to recreate jewelry from real life if it could be described or drawn?"

D: 199073| LD 3 | Material Search | FAIL (2/5)

Edited by Lucky Charms

The boy's face soured a bit. He hadn't lost anyone yet, but he remembered that time back in Valhalla when almost he died because his party wasn't being careful enough. With a groan, he scratched the back of his head and looked up at the sky. "... Shit. Sorry.", he grumbled and continued to listen to her, just tried to avoid eye contact. Thankfully, he was still taking notes of all the game's systems and had used his basement as the library for all things Aincrad, so that could probably help her.

Chase DBP Happy.png"I've gone around and looked for every single skill in the game. People that have them and use them, how to use them, where, and so on. I can tell you anything you want, or give it to you in notes so you can look at it alone. Keep you safer and informed.", he tried to reassure her once more, before he noticed the look she was giving his bracelet. "I could probably do that. It might take me a few tries, but I can definitely do that. What do you want?", he asked her with a small smile, trying to think of anything to get her to stop moping around. Not that she was in the wrong to do so, but when it came to people, Chase was the absolute worst at helping them snap out of it. Last he tried something to cheer one of his best friends up, he ended up making her pissed at him.

But it also made her feel suddenly so inexplicably alive and... maybe even better? At the very least, she felt honest. "It's okay... " She turns to him with a softer smile, probably one of the first real ones she's given him the entire time. Not awkward, nor forced. Genuinely just a gentle relief.

"Ah- no-" she sputters, waving her hand. "not any time soon okay? I don't think I'd be able to compensate you for it yet, and that's not fair".  she gives him a good look to say it's a definite 'promise me later' thought. "But uh, see I have  golden necklace in real life.. It's just got my name and a little four leaf clover in like, disney font.... my dad got it for me when was 1, and i got it sized up to fit whenever I needed a longer chain so... " her hand falls crest to her delicate collarbones,  the space suddenly looking emptier than before. "I guess it would just be comforting to have one again."

Feeling a little too physically close to him after making herself emotionally vulnerable, she crawled herself over a bit more as she searched around the tall grass, dropping the careful and more lady-like crouching for upright prowling as she searched inside a bush.

ID: 199076 | LD 13 | Material Search | Success! (3/5)

Edited by Lucky Charms

Chase wanted to correct her and press a bit more on the matter, but he got a quick flashback of what happened last time he pulled this, a much more vivid one at that, and it was enough to just freeze him right in his tracks and make his heart skip a bit. He guiltily looked to the side, letting out a sigh and just nodding. "Y-Yeah. Whenever you think you can compensate, just tell me.". All he would need would be a few materials, he always ran his store cheap. No more than 3, hell, even 2 would do. But better not start asking for it again.

Chase DBP Awkward Silent.pngThe bluehead did his best to just mask his guilty smile and bring the same, genuine one as before back out, looking away as soon as she went back to searching for materials. Nothing could really be said at the moment and maybe it was for the better- a breather, for him to get himself back to present day rather than around a month or so ago. "... Ahem.", he coughed dryly, trying to find some way to get her attention back as 'normally' as possible. "So... How come you thought to get started today? I mean what's different now and not... You know.", he asked and looked back at her, or where she was supposed to be at least. It was hard to pinpoint the petite gremlin figure in a leafy bush, surprisingly enough.

ID: 199080 | LD 9 | Material Search | FAIL (3/5)

Lucky digs and digs yet again, but it seems the one bit of material she did find in the falsely promising bush was all there was in it. Wiggling out with her tooshie coming out the foliage first, her skirt catches and she struck halfway unhooking it from the branch- hurriedly too not to look foolish and expose herself. After freeing herself, with only the most minor worry of flashing, she exits the bush and stands to stretch-  She may have had a harder time paying attention to his question due to the little struggle, but now that she's free she's capable of answering... it's not all like she had a really good one, though. 

"I dunno. I guess today I decided I was bored and.. actually wanted to do something about it. I don't know if the system picked up on player intent, or if it's by chance, but that's when I finally ran into that mayor NPC." She explains. she thinks a little harder though, wanting herself to understand what's gone on in her head. "Maybe I'm just...ready to try again?"

Edited by Lucky Charms

Her antics didn't go noticed this time around by Chase as he only caught sight of her once she started to crawl back out of the foliage, but he heard her loud and clear. "I mean... Cardinal doesn't get in everyone's way or anyone's way... most of the time or always even. So it was probably just coincidence.", he said and crossed both of his arms, kicking some grass and scouting the fields once more. There were slightly less boars and players around, having all decided to retreat or take themselves elsewhere.

Chase DBP Default.pngRegardless, more peace and quiet. Maybe not the best match for how little conversation was happening here, as opposed to most other newbies he'd met. "Trying again is good though. Sitting by won't do much for you or anyone.", he agreed with her with a sympathetic look, knowing exactly how she must be feeling. He'd been in that exact same spot a few months ago after all. "How is the material search going? You should need four more total, unless I missed any you picked up.", he muttered, not having kept count quite as well as he should have. If he'd paid more attention, he'd know she had picked up one more before entering the bush, but... Sigh. "Sorry if things are awkward, by the way. I thought I didn't do that anymore, but seems I still do."

"Aww, I thought I was almost done...!" She sighs with a little pout, eventually letting out a hum that sounded something like going through the seven stages of grief all at once, and ending with acceptance. Dramatic little thing, wasn't she? Still, it seemed to be far less of a mood ruiner than she played to be, immediately going back to her searching. This time, she stumbled across a patch of beautiful flowers, which she sniffed and enjoyed with a happy sing-song in her voice.

ID: 199081 | LD 20 | Material Search | PERFECT SUCCESS!  (4/5... or, of 7?)

"Ah, number four! NOW I'm halfway!" She hums triumphantly, now letting herself a moment to sit. with him. Lucky shakes her head and pats him with a friendly hand. "I wouldn't worry about it... I'm not being the best conversationalist ever right now either!" the girl jokes with a grin. "How about this, let's properly meet." She suggested, putting out her little hand for a firm shake. "My name is Lucky, and you are?"

Edited by Lucky Charms

As they moved slightly more to the side, the boy took his blade back out of the earth as it slowly closed back up, sheathing his weapon once again and moving further to the side with her. And then, a sudden plop with his rear before they were both sitting down on the ground next to one another. The pat felt more like a relaxed gesture than anything else, so that was relieving. "Ah, right. Sorry.", he briefly apologised before reaching his own hand out and shaking hers.

Chase DBP Happy.png"It's ChaseR. But my name is Chase. Happy to meet you, Lucky.", he gave her a brief smile before sliding open his menu and scrolling through it quickly. Before she could even question what he was doing, he groaned and scratched the back of his head. "I didn't notice you'd gotten that many already. You need five total, so just one more. Sorry for messing it up.", he apologised yet again, starting to feel himself retreating back to his old ways. No, if he was, he'd be just correcting himself. Saying sorry for it on top of correcting his mistake isn't what he'd do, this was shyer than usual, he really did feel like he messed with her on accident. "Uuh... You're American too, right?", he dared try to ask for more 'personal' information, finding it odd. This might as well have been one of the few (if not the only one) conversations of this kind he'd had since entering the game.