[PP-F8] War to the Elves <<Treant Rivalries>>

Why did Vigilon have to be such an idiot? Why was that dumbass even her cousin? Why was her cousin dating her sworn enemy, who would stop at nothing to kill her?

Just...why???

Dazia needed some time to herself, or even to just vent. She needed to fight something. She remembered very clearly what happened not too long ago, involving her and Vigilon in the cavernous depths of floor 10. She accessed her inventory and pulled out that strange Item she'd found and taken during the incident, a mysterious phial with a red substance within. What was the reason for its existence, and why the vague description on it? The item's name did nothing well to help her understand, either... <<Red Essence>>, it seemed to be called. With a sigh, Dazia shoved the item back into her inventory. Maybe the Grove of Baobab would have some answers...or at least a more serene environment Dazia could use to "calm down"...until her next imminent fight, of course.

Being found by someone she knew wasn't what she wanted right now...but chances were, it might end up happening anyway, whether she liked it or not. She stopped in her tracks, not looking behind her. "...I swear, if you followed me all the way here..." Dazia began. "I'll-" Her expression changed as she turned around to see someone other than Vigilon. "...Oh...it's you."

@Crozeph

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 31

Paragon: 1

Battle Stats:

HP: 620
EN: 80
DMG: 21(SS R5[7], Combat mastery: DMG[12], Athletics[1], Ferocity[1]
MIT: 44(Cloth Armor R5[20], Raven Shade[24])
ACC: 3(Shadow Fury[1], Soaring Shadow[2])
EVA: 4(Raven Shade[2], Soaring Shadow[1], Nimble[1])
LD: 1(Nimble)
Fallen: +8 DMG on natural BD 6-8

Additional Factors:

+5 LD on Stealth rolls(Hiding R5)

Equipment:

[T4] Shadow Fury(Fallen, ACC)

[T4] Raven Shade(1 MIT, 2 EVA)

[T1] Soaring Shadow(2 ACC, 1 EVA)

Consumables:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

Straight Sword R5(30 SP)

Cloth Armor R5(30 SP)

Combat Mastery: Damage(13 SP)

Extended Mod Limit(10 SP)

Extra Skills:

Hiding(30 SP)

Meditation

Survival

Mods:

SS Ferocity(6 SP)

Athletics(4 SP)

Untraceable(4 SP)

Blindside(4 SP)

Vanish(6 SP)

Surprise Attack: Assassin(6 SP)

Addons:

Nimble(6 SP)

"Cro... visit... remembered... Treants"

A treant muttered. It was quite coherent but the long pauses took a lot of time just to greet him. Crozeph was back in the lower floor, after visiting the house of his soon to be wife, defeating a rat, and before that he was training himself. This must be one of the best way to unwind... rest on the branches with treants passing by. "Don't mind me, I suggest you take a good rest, seems like your throats need it" he told them as he continued to rest on a thick branch.

The light from a good weather setting that Aincrad gave was nice, the trees blocked the annoying lights and created some kind of lush looking shades around him and obviously around the forest. With this no one can even disturb him, unless he hears that the rivalries going on with the elves and treants go on again "it's gonna be Iko Uwais and Yayan Yurihan  movie rivalry again" he thought. For a long time he's seen players pick the side of the elves, last time he was here. He and Claim also did the quest way back, if he remembers correctly he even was told my Mari not to drag Claim with his shenanigans.

Crozeph rolled over, keeping himself from falling down the branch. He hoped for a peaceful day where no one does the quest but it seems that one girl holding something red passed by just below him "hmm, that looks like that pomeranian I helped with the essence of steel-"  he thought hard for a second "the quest that got wiped away unknowingly."

He opened his inventory and took out a potato sack, it was still filled with candies he got from an Easter dungeon that Night, along with Chaser and Freyd tackled. He jumped down not letting his drop be noisy but it seems the girl has already caught on. As she turned around, Crozeph's cheeks was already stuffed with sweets he pulled out from his potato sack.

"Aif wasfant following youf... you jusft hafppenefd tof passf byf" he told her, trying to chew the sweets.

image_2021-10-20_215220.png

It was him. The other idiot. With his face stuffed like a chipmunk.

Good grief...but at least it wasn't Vigilon, who was the cause of her current mood. So, she'd see if she could tolerate this player's presence. "Do you have a tendency to stumble upon people when they're not having the best of times?" She remarked. "You know what, don't answer that, I don't have time for it." She suddenly decided, her hand out to signal stop. "I just need a place to calm down...or something to do, preferably combat-focused, whichever reasonable opportunity presents itself first." She added. "Maybe the center of the grove might have something..." She said, speaking her thoughts, despite practically muttering them. "I won't stop you from following me, but I won't guarantee that tagging along will be worth it." She would say to Crozeph before she started walking again. So far, she was feeling pretty tolerant...but it was time for her to hope that tolerance lasts if the player was actually gonna follow her.

@Crozeph

Crozeph took in all the sweets he stuff in his face. Surely the girl was not in the mood for something fushe wanted to blow off some steam "manners maketh a lady" he uttered as he pulled his coat in and made his edgy katana was strapped nice and easy on his waist. "Whether it's worth it or not, one only knows if it is based on the destination and this grove has one hell of  a Trojan war going on whenever players jump in to do some quest" he told her as he continued to munch on some bunny shaped candies.

He followed behind Dazia, Making sure the rear isn't as defenseless as how Emiya Shirou puts it in his visual novels. The forest was peacful enough for him to do some frolicking but with Dazia, everything might change with a little shift of a situation "how does one calm down doing combat? I've been to a lot of battles, you can't calm down and reach Nirvana if a banshee claw is aimed at your neck or monstrosities emerged the Stygian. You must be working on something cool huh?" he asked. 

The area that she wants to find might still be far, but Crozeph didn't say anything yet. 

"I guess winter is coming" he uttered under his breath.

Crozeph started talking about how the grove had "one hell of a Trojan War going on", which may have been tied to some sort of quest. Exactly what would be bringing war to a supposedly sacred grove like this one? ...Unless it was against monsters, of course? Dazia knew what one of her sisters had claimed... Although she did not see very much evidence of it just yet, there may be some excess monster activity she might need to cut down...there was always a number, always a drive, always a motivation for everything. Dazia had her weapon, and she was personally in the mood to kill.

Dazia pulled her head out of her currently dangerous train of thought when Crozeph asked her a question. She slowed down and turned her head around to look at him, her expression showing slight confusion. Ever heard of venting? Taking out frustration on enemies? Surely, stabbing something or someone you hated would have a good result, right? "Is it not obvious to you?" Dazia asked in response. The true calming feeling might come at the end, the fighting is just a good way to let it all out, isn't it?

"Of course it's not obvious to me" 

A quick mindless response at first glance, his eyes looked like it had no sense of danger and he's still chewing on candies. 'Fighting and battles are like water to plants, if you pour more on them they grow, sure it looks and feels satisfying but you can't deny-" he chucked in the rest of what he is supposed to eat back to his inventory "you're tending to something poisonous" he added.

He has seen people like her, some find catharsis, others become addicts. "Not that I'm one to talk..." he pulled out his katana, made one quick step, boasting that footwork he cultivated for offense and in a span of a few seconds placed the sharp edge near Dazia's shoulder. The blade made a faint sound as if it was screeching and it was near her... an Iaijutsu but nothing lethal "I am quite the problem child in what few friends I have here in Aincrad" he then quickly drew the sword back  just like how fast he drew it out of its saya  "I will never find calmness or satisfaction in combat, only that I survived and will probably be in it again. Breath a sigh of relief and then dread that the next ones might be the last."

He walked past Dazia, humming a Killswitch Engage song, eyes still lack a sense of danger nor did it show intimidation, he wanted to gauge something, a part of her he has seen way back.

"Now are you supportive of trees or you're into pretty guys with silky smooth hair?"

Crozeph noted that it still wasn't obvious to him, then he compared fighting battles to watering plants, proceeding to claim that Dazia was tending to something poisonous. Normally Dazia would scoff in her mind, thinking that she just needed to let off some steam by slaughtering enemies and training, as long as the enemies were no real threat. However, she did remember that moment back in the tenth floor..

If anything was potentially poisonous, it may have been her sister's words.

Before Dazia knew it, however, suddenly a Katana blade was nearing her shoulder, and her left hand went to her weapon almost instinctively. She got in position to block, but nothing else happened that moment. Crozeph then spoke again, saying that among his own circle of friends within this game, he just so happened to be the problem child. "Try living with six problem children as your older siblings." Dazia thought. When Crozeph sheathed his weapon, Dazia followed suit. Crozeph then said his own opinion on combat, before walking past her. Dazia continued walking, and Crozeph asked Dazia a question.

"I'm more supportive of trees than I am of most people. Don't get me wrong, not everyone's that bad, but not even good looking people are trustworthy unless they legitimately have a personality to match when you begin to learn who they really are." Dazia responded. "An older sister of mine, Haimi, who I recently learned is also in this game... I've heard a few people remark that she looked cute, but I know the real her. She's envious, and batshit crazy, too."

That was more than enough, wasn't it?

"Oh nice you got siblings, a sister."

It seems Dazia had a a rough history with good looking people who turned out to be bad. He wasn't sure if she meant what she said about her sister but it was indeed how he thought it is... something is growing poisonous. "You ready for some kind of war then?"  he asked "elves tend to be good looking and somehow they are like us-" he raised his hand pointed his left to Dazia and his right to him "problem children" he told her.

"The way you talk about your sister, how she's not with you right now yet knows her tendencies..." he pointed his right to Dazia as if he was holding two guns aimed at her "-you don't like each other a little bit despite the blood relation." Crozeph resumed walking, covering distance while talking to a girl who wanted to maybe vent out some frustrations was entertaining for him "it would be really funny if there's like four of you and you're all quite problematic in your own category like let's say, you're Ira." 

He stopped as if blocking her way "now if we're going on a quest I can't let you jump in the battlefield with pent up shit, you tend to fuck shit up that way" he picked up a branch and pointed it at her "why don't you take a swing at me? then I'll hit back. You decide when to stop. War may be heavy with anger in its atmosphere but the calm ones are likely to survive."

Dazia didn't exactly like the idea of being considered a problem child herself. She'd known that feeling long ago, and it wasn't exactly pleasant for her. All she did that day was stand her ground against those who wanted to crush her and others for the sake of their own pride, and instead of being thanked for taking care of the problem, she endured harsh, unnecessary "consequences".

Crozeph also had something to say in regards to how Dazia didn't seem to get along with Haimi(or whatever her username was, she didn't get a chance to know). Dazia chuckled. "A little bit? I wish it was that minor of a problem..." She remarked. Crozeph seemed to believe that it would be humorous if there were four of them in the family, with each one having a problematic category. "There's seven of us, actually." Dazia revealed. "...and yes, each of my six siblings have a bit of a problem...Aurelius wants to prove 'how great he is', Hern has a ridiculous appetite, Akemi's practically amassing a dragon hoard, Hiraani...she's kind and means more goodwill than my other siblings, but she's... Well, let's just say her desires are difficult to satisfy. Then there's Galen, who basically lied to himself enough times to be convinced that he's 'always tired', and then directly above me, is Haimi. I already told you about her."

Dazia took a deep breath, and exhaled. She didn't expect to end up rambling like this.

Crozeph seemed to think that if Dazia was going to go on a quest, that it might end up exactly like the time with the Frost Beast. He then picked up a stick and dared her to try taking a swing at him. Dazia stared at him a bit blankly for a few awkward seconds. "..."

"...You want me to take an infraction on my cursor?" She asked, trying to warn him of what he'd be getting her into on the chance that where the two players were positioned wasn't a safe zone. She was indeed confused, as most people in Aincrad don't ask to be attacked outside of a duel.

"Your parents are amazing!" 

He told her, seven children with their own quirks (at least in his point of view) and he meets one of them "it would be nice to meet all of you" he added. Crozeph wasn't a good kid either, he was quiet but violent whenever people push him to the limits of his patience. Even if he's quite tame right now, Crozeph had an efficient way of hurting and it is evident of how he just cuts anything that poses a threat.

"Siblings naturally don't like each other but deep down you still see them as family. My stepbrother died in this game in front of my eyes and his twin is nowhere to be found, obviously I don't know how to face my father if I get out of here alive."

Crozeph lowered the branch after what he said and gave it a thought "now that is indeed a problem, how about I do the first blood then you go swing to your heart's content."

"Of course I'll dodge as much as I can too."

Crozeph's opinion was...unexpected.

"Did...did you not hear a word I just said?? Amazing parents couldn't possibly have much trouble raising children into decent human beings, but instead, my family is a damn shitshow. Oh, and maybe some estrangement on the father's part that led to a divorce may as well have been the nail on the coffin for some of us!" Dazia ranted. She knew she wasn't affected by her father's absence as much as Aurelius, Hiraani and Haimi were. Not by a long shot, for she wasn't very attached to her father, despite somehow ending up with the approval that Haimi so desired for herself.

Dazia's next words of response came quickly, as Crozeph said he'd love to meet her siblings, all of them. "Trust me, it wouldn't be nice. Even if it seemed fine on the surface, it wouldn't do you any good."

Crozeph then gave his own thoughts about siblings, and shared some of his own experience. Still seeing siblings as family, even if there was something she didn't like about them...even if hating them was a natural response, that she'd still mean well for them in the end? The only ones she'd see herself doing such things for would be Aurelius, Hiraani, and maybe Galen since she cared enough to wake the lazy ass up ever so often. She couldn't give a damn about any of her other siblings, it's like they were each a lost cause...right? She couldn't be wrong, could she?

While being wrong in this case was a possibility, the chances were low. "It's bad enough that I've found evidence that five of my siblings are in this game. If I find out that Hern is here, too, I couldn't imagine what my Mother would be going through...If I was to try putting things into her perspective, she'd already lost her husband due to 'how the world changed him for the worse', and to lose her children, too, some of them possibly for good...well, I honestly don't know what I'd do if I was in her shoes right now..." If anything, she was probably hoping that Dazia and her siblings wouldn't turn against one another. She did seem to be aware of the ongoing quarrels between them all. But if anything did happen, it was most likely going to be Haimi's fault.

Upon Dazia trying to get him to think for a moment, Crozeph decided that maybe having Dazia attack him was a bad idea...but then he suggested that he be the one to make the first attack.

...Really?

"That's..." Dazia would groan and facepalm. "It may be less damaging to my cursor, but it doesn't make that course of action any less stupid." She noted. Seriously, it was a really bad idea. "You shouldn't sacrifice a strike on your cursor for something so trivial."

"Wild"

That was what he first uttered, does it mean something? maybe but Crozeph wasn't into trivialities of families, after all, his stepmother wanted him out of the house for simply looking like a "problem child." A neat set up but he wasn't buying it "I don't what's worse, you having a bitch father who left or me staying inside a family who's mother wants nothing to do with me. Either way we all have our fair share of atrocities in the family, so maybe that's why you look like you're ready to smack someone with a tip of the scale."

"Nothing's changed, I'd be delighted to meet all seven of you, the seven deadly sin-" he thought hard for a moment "the seven problem children and from now on I'll call you Ira."

With that, Crozeph quickly moved towards Dazia, two steps and the sleeve of her clothes was within reach "I know it's stupid right? but at least you get to have a slight catharsis with these-" he turned around, lifting Dazia off her feet and was ready to do a shoulder throw when the trees around them began moving. Slow yet elegant as if they were both in a Disney movie while both of them looking like they're gonna get into a troublesome fight. 

He caught her midair before she could slam on the ground and set her gently on her feet "well I guess the trees were watching all this time, do you think they'll see us as siblings fighting?"

One of the trees towered before them and stretched out a hand towards Dazia "We are grateful for your presence, are you our enemy or our ally?"

Crozeph pats Dazia on the head "so, what are we to them Ira?"

Apparently Crozeph still wanted to meet Dazia's siblings...of course, that other remark that he'd caught himself on...he wasn't the first to think that...and it was unlikely he'd be the last, either. "Shit, here we go again..." Dazia thought. Crozeph seemed to have a more positive opinion than certain others did, but it would be disastrous if he blabbed this around all of Aincrad. She and her siblings had once again been labeled as the seven deadly sins.

She was going to speak out her reaction to that, but before she could, she was lifted off the ground. She then tried to sort herself out to land safely and found herself getting caught in midair and being set down on her feet. Odd.

Crozeph's next words made Dazia aware of the treants' presence. She would turn to look at one that stretched its hand out to greet her. She reached her hand to peacefully shake the treant's hand, even if she could only grip one wooden finger. However, she was interrupted by the fact that Crozeph dared to pat Dazia on the head like she was but a small one and nothing more. She slowly turned around again, and proceeded to stare burning daggers at Crozeph. "I wouldn't try that again, if I were you." She growled softly. She then took what seemed to be a deep breath that unintentionally showed signs of frustration, aggravation, and exasperation. Self control was difficult when it came to being labeled as a small weakling. If only her Mother hadn't been so short, she wouldn't have ended up with this height...which just so happened to be the same as her Mother's.

She looked back to the treant again, doing her best to keep a normal expression. "I am an ally." Dazia began. "I have recently learned that you are embroiled in conflict with the Elves, and I am willing to lend my capabilities to assure that the odds will be in your favor."

Edited by Dazia

Crozeph shrugged, her burning stares mean nothing to him who means nothing mean. "You think I'm patting you because you're looking like a young lass? nah I did it because you managed to communicate with non-human dudes" he said as he stretched out his hand on the other and tried to make a fist bump which confused the treant.

"Thousand years of conflict yet we find no solution, oh brave adventurer if what you say is indeed true-" the treant's leafy branches began swaying as the wind blew gently at them "then we are now ready to face them, vile creatures who desecrate lands we cultivate and watch in awe as all of these flourish."

The treant seemed like a leader and it was telling Dazia of what it wants, a promised victory for a conflict that lasted longer than what they might have anticipated.

"It also seems that your good friend whose appearance is of a crow is good friends with us" he pointed at Crozeph who was already hanging upside down by the branch which is the arm of one of the treants he was offering a fist bump.

"I'll join your cause too, Dozy wants to help so I guess we're on the same leaf here, get it?" he asked the treant that was carrying him who gave a slow laugh that sounded a little bit of a groan.

"Splendid then come with us, we are almost ready to trample the battlefield."

As they began marching towards the camp, Crozeph told the treant about Dazia and her siblings

"do you know? that girl who is with me has a lot of siblings? like you trees?" he said to which the treant with him nod in agreement.

Why...just why?

Even though they were NPCs, Crozeph was starting to tell the Treants about Dazia's siblings. He better not reveal too much, so Dazia hoped...

When the two players arrived, the Treants appeared to be making final preparations for an assault, probably on the elves, no doubt. The other Treants looked towards the one who arrived, soon noticing the other players, mainly Crozeph, who was riding one on their arm, whereas Dazia had latched onto the other's leg, not that it minded.

...Still, even if Dazia was taller by human standards, she'd still be, in comparison to the Treants...short...

A feeling of unease washed over Dazia, but she refused to let it show. 

"The time is coming to end this conflict once and for all, and now we have here two adventurers who have agreed to help us." The Treant Dazia was latched onto began. "I can feel a great resolve within them, perhaps with their help, we may actually claim victory at long last, and their fiery magics shall plague us and our forest no more."

The Treants seemed pleased to have some help, and judging by some of their expressions, things weren't looking so good for the moment.

"The Elves will come to us with all their might. What if we fail to reach their queen?" One Treant asked. Dazia patted the leg of the Treant she was still gripping as to try and signal it. The Treant looked towards Dazia, and then over to Crozeph. Finally, it looked over to the other Treants again.

"Since we are coming to their gates to strike them down at their walls, perhaps our new allies could slip within the city, possibly weakening our enemies at the very least. If their main force's attention comes to the front, few will expect enemies to arrive at the heart of their settlement."

Not a bad idea... "If we do this, we may have to split up. Crozeph and I could head for the city separately from you, then they won't know whose side we're on until it's too late." Dazia noted.

• 2 weeks later...

"If we do this, we may have to split up. Crozeph and I could head for the city separately from you, then they won't know whose side we're on until it's too late."

It sounded as a plan with betrayal as its foundation, something he wasn't really good at. He was a guy who would answer honestly when ask a proper question, no matter how dumb the point of it is. "We could go with that, I'll just keep my mouth shut"  he told her as he listened to Dazia earlier "I'd be against it but this is your quest, we follow your orders" he added.

"Add to that we need a good way to go in, like um... bring it a prisoner? you do all the talking unless you want me telling them we brought a prisoner because we want to infiltrate your stupid fortress and get all your good shampoo supply" the treant who carried him was confused "sh..am...poo" it uttered. Crozeph nodded his head while still remaining upside down "yes warrior of the forest, shwampoo, where else would they get such silky hair."

• 5 months later...

Dazia groaned and facepalmed as Crozeph suggested to trick them by bringing a prisoner. He also mentioned something that the Treants were highly unlikely to understand. "Just...ignore that..." Dazia said to the confused Treants, who were trying so hard to figure out whatever Crozeph meant by "Shampoo". She then looked over to the upside down fool who suggested bringing a prisoner. "If you really think that's going to help...well, I can't blame you for thinking it might work, but the reality is that, for the given situation, it's not." She noted.

"Allow me to ask some questions." She began, addressing the Treants around. "The elves have fought you with fire and destruction, right? Have any of you been captured, rather than killed? Have any losses you encountered ever ended in anything other than a brutal massacre that left your people in ashes?" By asking these questions, she would bring the reality of the scenario. "Can we really think that they take prisoners?"

Silence. the solemn, grim expressions on the Treants was all that Dazia needed to confirm.

"Exactly." Dazia noted. "If we were to show up with a 'prisoner', we would either be distrusted and driven away...or the 'prisoner' might be slain on the spot." She then looked over to Crozeph. "We humans have been seen moving throughout both territories. Unless you somehow have already done something stupid within elven borders, we should have no problem getting in, they'll just stand at the gates and let us pass without a word as long as they don't see us with who we have allied with. We will make our way to where their leader is dwelling, and strike them down there. It is there, that we will start encountering resistance. Without their leader, their morale is likely to crumble, and the rest will fall into place." She explained. "If you can't open your mouth without exposing us, just hold it until we get to the target's location. Silence is golden...but duct tape is silver, so don't give me a reason to get it."

Wait, there is no duct tape. "No, ignore that, a bandanna might work instead....tied tightly, that is."

@Crozeph

• 1 year later...

As Dazia continued with her intricate plan, Crozeph was already slumped on the ground and pulling out tiny weeds. He wasn't the type to reveal what he plans and he also, as much of a scumbag he is, overlaps his plan with others. Of course this has greatly benefited Jacob's Ladder and his fiance but will it work on Dazia? he doesn't care.

"Elven borders? something stupid?"

His ears picked up something of a good idea. Crozeph did sucker punched Elves who had superiority complex, he helped the Elves who got gang banged by goblins but in the Elven borders? 

He grinned at the thought of it "the Elven Borders ehehehe"

He rolled on his back a few times till he bumped on one treant, stood up and whispered something to their forest friend. The treant gave a slow, growling laugh at what Crozeph whispered and he himself chuckled but it had that slight malevolence in it. 

"All right your plan is good."

Edited by Crozeph
  • 2 weeks later...

Based on Crozeph's response, it didn't seem like he'd done anything stupid just yet, but he was definitely plotting something stupid. As long as Dazia had a clear path to the target, Crozeph should also be given a chance to let loose once the two players were inside the city borders. At this rate, there was no escaping trouble, so she could only hope that he put whatever he was thinking into action once chaos strikes the city. If anything, he was likely to draw attention, and if that didn't stop Dazia, it would mean less enemies focused on her, allowing her to reach the target with ease...

"It seems we've got a plan, then." Dazia began. "All I will need to know now, is...who is my Target?" She asked. 

"...That would be their Queen." One treant answered. Dazia had her answer. Now she had a plan to follow.
                     Split off from the treants to avoid being seen with them. Enter the city from the side, just before the attack, and there should be little trouble. Infiltrate the heart of the settlement, and defeat the Target. Simple enough, or at least it seemed that way. Given that this was a quest, there was likely to be something different that Dazia might not yet know.

"Are we all ready to move?" One treant asked. "Is there anything left that any of us here should know?" Dazia added, just in case.