F14/PP Hot Vampire Waifus in Your Area [Cull of the Dead]

Cull of the Dead

Since the new Quests came out, Oscar really hadn't paid any of them much mind at all. It wasn't until he looked at one of the new TECHs in his Sword Art list and saw that it was locked behind a quest that he even bothered. Nowadays, though, Oscar wasn't one to embark on quests by his lonesome. He'd already put in his hours as a Solo Player getting himself up to Raid-ready. He very much detested the idea of flying solo on a quest again. Well, that and quests were so much more boring if he didn't have someone to wreck up the place with. In the spirit of wrecking up the place, Oscar's mind turned to the only man Oscar would ever trust to help him steer a ship-turned-fireball into a pirate cove.

@Freyd

Cull of the Dead? I kinda miss the times when we would just break things. Lemme know.

-Oscar

Spoiler

Oscar,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 46
HP: 980/980
EN: 118/118

Stats:
Damage: 26
Mitigation: 207
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 7
Battle Healing: 53
Loot Dice: 5
AA
FLN: 8
FRZ: 56

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<DARK FORTUNES>> T4 KATANA//ABS.ACC/FRZ/FLN/ACC
Armor: <<TACTICAL UNDER ARMOR>> T4 HEAVY ARMOR//MIT/MIT/MIT
Misc: <<IVORY GOLD LEAF RING>> T1 TRINKET//ACC/ACC/EVA/EVA

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Katana R5
Battle Healing R5
Heavy Armor R5
Searching R5
Energist
Fighting Spirit
Howl

Active Mods:
Impetus

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Stamina
Ferocity
Iron Skin
Precision
Focused Howl

Active Extra Skills:
Parry
Brawler
Survival
Meditation

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor []: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +25 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring:

Consumables: 
Elixir of Light +3 DMG
Evasion Dog +2 EVA
Focused Dog +2 ACC
Biggest Boy Dog +15% Overhealth

The Groundshaker +60 MIT

Edited by Oscar

Freyd arrived just in time to tick the quest log and watch the gory drama unfold on the field below.  He hardly paid attention, preferring to catch up with an old friend who'd gone dormant for awhile.

"Been awhile, Oscar.  Thought you might be dead.  Checked.  Glad you weren't."  So much for small talk.  He'd given it his best shot.  Turning his attention to the bloody mess being left in the valley, Freyd pointed to the nearby captain.  The NPC would intervene, shortly, driving off the foreshadowed villain who was currently tearing up his men.  "Don't worry," he offered.  "We get to beat her up later, along with something a bit more savage."  Turning open palms over and again, the Whisper examined their respective gear and only just recalling the strange colour-restricting effect that now afflicted this floor.  Only reds and related tones seemed to show here now. 

"It's like being in a Frank Miller movie in here.  I kinda like it, and it definitely suits the theme of your invitation."  The cowl swiveled, hoping to spot a million Persians rounding the corner.  Too bad.  That loot would have been awesome.

"Your goods are ready for pickup, by the way.  I think you'll be pleased."

Freyd | HP: 960/960 | EN: 130/130 | DMG: 30 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 2 | BH: 52 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8 | DOTE 3/3

Freyd offers: Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (6/6) - takes 1 portion for himself.

Consumes:

Spoiler

Mega-Duper Anti-Everything Sauce (Salve) | Antidote 3 [174495]
Liquor of Light (Potion) | Damage 3 [178023-1]
Smores (Snack) | Evasion 2 [175208-1]
Berry Crumb Bars (Snack) | LOOT DIE 3 [175898-1]
Divinity's Wait (Meal)| T4 Mitigation 3 [190705-2]
Breakfast Fry | Protein 2 [177707] + Filled

Full Stats:

Spoiler

Freyd, Firm Anima O&I Captain
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 79
HP: 960/960
EN: 130/130

Stats:
Damage: 24 (+3+3)
Mitigation: 78 (+60-60)
Accuracy: 6 (+2)
(Evasion 2)
Battle Healing: 52
Loot Dice: 5 (+3)
FLN: 16
HLY: 16
PARA IMMUNE
REC: 8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T4 Hammer | Holy 2 | Fallen 2)
Armor: Fallen Angel Garb (T4 LA | Mit 2 | Rec 2)
Misc: The Shadowed Rose (T3 Trinket - ACC 3 | Para Imm)

Custom Skill:
n/a

Skills:
Hammer R5
Light Armor R5
Searching R4
Battle Healing R5
Energist
Charge
Quick Change

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking
Meticulous
Untraceable

Inactive Mods:
n/a

Addons:
Stamina
Ferocity
Precision
Resolve
Reveal

Active Extra Skills:
Survival
Meditation
Disguise
Forgotten King’s Authority

Inactive Extra Skills:
Hiding R2
Brawler
Photosynthesize

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Crystal of Divine Light (Reusable) x1
Rhino's Horn (Reusable) x1
T3 Probiotics 3 x2
The Thing Behind All Lies (T4 Demonic WH, AA, Blight, Static, Para.Ven (Off)) x1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:
n/a

Oscar watched the scene with between the NPCs and the woman while listening to Freyd's greeting. As she retreated, he heard Freyd say "We get to beat her up later." Oscar snorted, and shook his head. "Beat her up or...?" He let the question hang, chuckling as he approached the Captain. "Sup," Oscar said, the disinterest thick in his voice.  On cue, the NPC began to begin his long diatribe about whatever nonsense they were there to solve. He just droned on and on about Lilith this and Lilith that. Frankly, two sentences in Oscar was already very much Team Lilith. But the quest wouldn't give him rewards if he killed these dudes, so his hands were tied. At least Oscar knew of a tried and true method of getting this asshole to shut the fuck up. He raised his hand and slapped the man dead across the face. "SKIP!'

At his command, the NPC shut up and the quest tracker updated. He turned to Freyd, flexing his bicep. "You gotta keep the pimp hand strong, my friend."

Edited by Oscar

Either unwilling to bite, or simply clueless to his partner's intent - you could never really tell, with Freyd - he pointed to the wastelands and led them across its beleaguered landscapes in search of the Ashen Keep.

"You've been off the radar for a bit.  Life been busy?  Buried beneath the honey-do list?  Other references not suitable for a PG audience?"  Delivery was deadpan, as usual, but a small smile had perched itself upon the Whisper's lips.  He knew Oscar to be a mix of sour pragmatism and goofy antics, shaken without stirring, then served swaddled in that crappy wax paper wrap that always falls apart or stains whenever you try to eat from it.  Or maybe newspaper, like British fish and chips, except it would have to be a tabloid of some sort with Nicolas Cage gesticulating wildly on a half-concealed cover page.

"The keep's crawling with undead mechanics, or something.  If we take them out, we can grab the glowy quest sword, you can throw it at a watery tart to jump-start some new form of government, and then we get to go after them vampire bitches."

Maybe he had understood, after all.

"Other references not suitable for a PG audience?"

Oscar snorted at that. "If only, man. I just broke it off with a girl I met here. You know, typical edgy anti-PKer bullshit." Oscar was cognizant enough to know what he was. Keeping everyone at arm's length except for a few select people would keep the larger whole safe. Or so they had convinced him in the comic books. "In any case, they say the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else, but honestly I just haven't been in the mood." Wild hedonism and Oscar mixed about as well as oil and water. He'd rather make jokes at his own expense - lame and exceedingly dorky ones - than be caught dead in a tantric mingling of bodies in a dimly-lit room behind Firm Anima's Guild Hall. It had simply always struck him as a place that people go to die.

But Oscar had a bit to maintain. Ever the devout adherent to his own brand of humor, he would be damned if he broke character for much longer. "But then I heard about the vampire bitches with questionable morals and asked myself: 'Oscar, when are you going to get a chance like this in the real world?' And here we are."

That last bit referenced more the fact that they had arrived at the Ashen Keep than their currently being on a quest. Undead creatures craned their necks and eyed them with glassy acknowledgement as the pair entered into close proximity. Three rose to their feet, groaning as they shambled towards the two Players. "I'm getting serious Halloween Event flashbacks," Oscar said before quickly dashing into the fray and juggling the zombies with a sick 52-hit aerial combo. As his Sword Art ended and they crashed back down to earth, Oscar called back to Freyd. "Alright dude! Git 'is ass!"

Spoiler

Oscar - HP: 980/980 | EN: 100/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 3 | FLN: 8 | FRZ: 56 | LD: 5 | AA | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 960/960 | EN: 130/130 | DMG: 30 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE

AOE-I -18 EN

[Os2. Fr0]Red Cloak Revenant #1 - HP: 310/700 | DMG: 125 | ID: 201482 | BD: 3+7, Deal 390 DMG | MD: x
[Os2. Fr0]Red Cloak Revenant #2 - HP: 310/700 | DMG 125 | ID: 201483 | BD: 4+7, Deal 390 DMG | MD: x
[Os2. Fr0]Red Cloak Revenant #3 - HP: 190/700 | DMG 125 | ID: 201484 | BD: 7+7, 510 DMG | MD: x

Edited by Oscar

The first wasted zombie warrior fell from the sky only to be treated like an underhand throw softball meeting a bat with the backing of a freight train.  Freyd's blow completely disintegrated the mob's remnants, hoovering them up into the sliver of void that was his weapon.  The nothingness in his hands still screeching like a banshee, he rolled and snared a second unfortunate red cloak with the same fate, leaving only one more to manage.  

"So still conflicted/not-conflicted, are we?  Isn't that a bit rich, yet wholly appropriate for a therapist?  I admire the paradox, but it's going to eat at you, if you let it."

The sparkly dregs of the last mob wafted by Oscar's head, vanishing into a stifling wind that sought to desiccate them where they stood.  Neither man gave the weather any mind as they wandered with cavalier disregard into the ruins of the ancient fortress.  They knew their strengths and the constraints of their digital prison.  Neither feared what they would find. 

Inside, dozens of ancient, giant, humanoid figures stood silent and slumped in a powered-down state, arrayed in a ring around the large central chamber.  Freyd wandered by one with red and blue colourings, sketching a quick Autobot symbol in the thick layer of dust caking its ankle before proceeding to the central dais and collecting the artifact they had been tasked to retrieve.

"Katana," he spoke, noting his companion's new weapon - the same he had helped him prepare.  An amorphous mass of metallic slag loose laid on the dais suddenly shifted like some sort of ooze-creature, re-shaping itself into the requested form.  Without missing a beat, Freyd tossed it over to Oscar, hilt first. 

"Come on, Megatron.  We got vampire fembots to slaughter, and you're more likely to make good use of this thing than I am.  And, while we walk, you can tell me about those bodies that will never be found." 

Freyd wasn't judging.  While he didn't know Oscar all that well, he knew enough to believe that the miniature titan would have had reasons for his action.  That mess with the orange-icon hit squad near Hebishinu's lair hadn't been forgotten, and an explanation remained outstanding.  The casual, nostalgic reminder signaled that simple candor was requested.  Something had been gnawing at Oscar for a while, distracting him.  The Whisper meant to help him figure it out and restore his former antics and bravado.  It was good for morale.  Also, guild member or not, he was a strong ally and a friend.  Friends did this sort of thing, apparently.

Spoiler

Post Action | AoE-I (x15 AoE, 11 EN, +2 AoE Shift, +2/hit,): 19 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 16 EN.  
Free Action | None

ID #201770 | BD: 7+7=14 (hit, Fallen +16).  DMG (15*46=690) (CD: 6, ST-B remains locked)
ID #201771 | BD: 6+7=13 (hit, Fallen +16).  DMG (15*46=690)
ID #201772 | BD: 3+7=10 (hit).  DMG (15*30=450)

Oscar - HP: 980/980 | EN: 100/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 3 | FLN: 8 | FRZ: 56 | LD: 5 | AA | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 960/960 | EN: 114/130 (130-16) | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE

[Os2. Fr1]Red Cloak Revenant #1 - HP: 0/700 | DMG: 125 (310-690)
[Os2. Fr1]Red Cloak Revenant #2 - HP: 0/700 | DMG 125 (310-690) 
[Os2. Fr1]Red Cloak Revenant #3 - HP: 0/700 | DMG 125 (190-450)

• Undead | Weapons with the Holy enhancement deal double damage against this mob, when the enhancement activates. Vampiric (Offensive and Defensive) enhancements will not trigger when in combat against this mob. 
  • Activate! | When this mob doesn't have at least 5 hate on any player, it spends its post action to decrease the activation for the Ancient Mechanical Construct by 5.

Loot Red Cloak Revenant 1: ID #201773 | LD: 18+9=27 | CD: 12 (x2 event bonus)

Random Dungeon Map [201773a] 
Random Dungeon Map [201773b] 
2x Gleaming Scale
10290 col (HP[700]*7 - incl. +4 LD even, +5% Col Deposit, x2 event)

Loot Red Cloak Revenant 2: ID #201774 | LD: 15+9=24 | CD: 2

T4 Perfect Trinket [201774a]
T4 Perfect Weapon [201774b]
2 materials (+2 LD odd)

3675 col (HP[700]*5 - incl. +2 CD even, +5% Col Deposit)

Loot Red Cloak Revenant 3: ID #201775 | LD: 4+9=13 | CD: 10 (x2 event bonus)

T4 Rare Armor/Shield [201775a]
T4 Rare Armor/Shield [201775b]

13230 col (HP[700]*9 - incl. +4 CD/LD even, +5% Col Deposit, x2 event)

The bodies that will never be found...? Oh right. That, Oscar thought. His hand shot out to catch the weapon that Freyd threw his way. Apparently he was meant to use this weapon to clear the quest. He almost laughed at the thought of the Beast of Aincrad wielding a holy relic in battle. This quest's narrative was absolutely bonkers. They still had a bit more traveling to do. Plenty of time for Oscar to tell Freyd the full story. He put the weapon away and shoved his hands into the pocket of his jacket as they walked.

"It's not entirely complicated. I'm surprised I haven't told you the story," Oscar said. "I was a social worker back in the real world. One of my cases was this real problem child. Absolute sociopath. I'd worked with him for a couple years. Really took him under my wing, y'know? We'd started to turn things around. He was going to school, making good grades. Kid was starting to look towards the future beyond his next meal." Lilting laughter could be heard in the distance. If Oscar wasn't 110 percent checked out of any sort of atmosphere this game was trying to create, it probably would have sent a chill down his spine. A creature of the night stalking the hunters? Creepy.

He waited for the laughter to fade before shaking his head with a chuckle. "Anyway," he began again. "Well he got me into the game. And we went through the first day the same as anyone. It was just a game then, after all. Well, we got separated after the announcement. I thought he'd died to a boar but he hadn't. At some point, I think he found out that I'd moved on and he took that personally. While I was busy hiding in town, he was building an organization of malcontents that, among other things, were very skilled at taking out other players. He put that organization to use against me. Went after my friends, stalked me, and, well, you were there for that last fight."

Spoiler

Sanctified Sword [T4 Katana - HLY2, BRN, BLS] obtained
Oscar equips <<Sanctified Sword>> 

Oscar - HP: 980/980 | EN: 104/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 960/960 | EN: 114/130 (130-16) | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE

Edited by Oscar

"Tyson, wasn't it?"  Freyd had enough informants around to piece together cookies when enough crumbs had been dropped.  Keeping an eye on the Monument of Life also helped, as the names always appeared there in the order of their deaths.  He had a kid on the payroll, just to note the date and times.  It was proving more valuable a practice than he ever could have imagined.  Having a mind like a steel trap didn't hurt, either, when it came to remembering details on potential threats.  

"Is that shit over and done with, or are we still in the aftermath?"  Freyd's use of the plural was clearly deliberate, making a standing offer to support a friend if the need arose.  Oscar knew subtext.  He wouldn't need to make it any clearer.  

They were still chatting by the time Castle Raszak loomed into view.  The mobs were already blathering at them by the time they reached the throne room.   Lilith's rosy lips froze as the Whisper slipped into his own shadow and disappeared.  Two pixel balloons popped overhead, lighting up the room like a pair of phosphorescent piñatas, raining down multi-coloured shards upon the self-appointed mistress of the night.  He reappeared on Oscar's opposite side, dusting off some sparkly vampire bits.

"Party's officially started.  You're up, big man."

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 1 (No REC proc) ID #201808

Post Action | AoE-2 (x18 AoE, 14 EN, +2 AoE Shift, +2/hit,): 20 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 17 EN.  Charge (CD 0/3)
Free Action | None

ID #201809 | BD: 6+7-1=12 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +16).  DMG (18*51=918-25=893)
ID #201810 | BD: 8+7-1=14 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +16).  DMG (18*51=918-25=893)
ID #201811 | BD: 1 (miss)

Oscar - HP: 980/980 | EN: 104/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 960/960 | EN: 93/130 (114+4-17-8) | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE

Vampire Spawn #1 | HP: 0/500 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | Bleed 48 (2 turns, on MD 9-10) (600-893)
Vampire Spawn #2 | HP0/500 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | Bleed 48 (2 turns, on MD 9-10) (600-893)
Lilith | HP: 1500/1500 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10)

• Undead | Weapons with the Holy enhancement deal double damage against this mob, when the enhancement activates. Vampiric (Offensive and Defensive) enhancements will not trigger when in combat against this mob. 
  • Vampire | Suffers double damage from Burn, Flame Aura and Flame Thorns. Restores own health by 25% of final damage dealt to opponent, or 50% against targets suffering from Bleed.
  • Soothing Song | On a CD 7-12, Lilith will hum a soothing tune, decreasing all opponents Accuracy by 1, and reducing the Hate of her current target by 2.
  • Blood Fallen | Damage Increases by 25 for each ally or enemy defeated during battle.
  • Blood Spear | After afflicting a player with Bleed three times, creates a spear entirely from the red shards she collects. Her next attack she hurls this into the target, gaining full phase and healing herself an amount equal to the final damage dealt. 
  • Vampire Spawn | Lilith always begins combat with two <<Vampire Spawn>> in tow.

Loot Vampire Spawn #1: ID #201827 | LD: 12+9=21 | CD: 7

T4 Perfect Armor/Shield [201827a]
T4 Perfect Consumable [201827b]
T4 Perfect Consumable [201827c]

2 materials (+2 CD odd)
2625 col (HP[500]*5 - incl. +2 LD even, +5% Col Deposit)

Loot Vampire Spawn #2: ID #201828 | LD: 2+9=11 | CD: 8

T4 Rare Weapon [201828a]
T4 Uncommon Consumable [201828a]

3675 col (HP[500]*7 - incl. +4 CD/LD even, +5% Col Deposit)

"Is that shit over and done with, or are we still in the aftermath?"

Oscar shrugged. "Part of me wants to hope that the kid knows when he's outmatched, but I know better." The Whisper disappeared into the shadows and Oscar paused as the man performed the swiftest of executions on Lilith's admittedly attractive handmaidens. When the Whisper reappeared, Oscar continued. "Somehow, I don't think that this is going to be over until I put the kid in the ground." If Oscar thought for a moment that there was another way to keep the people he cared about safe, he would hop to it in an instant. But he didn't know how far Tyson's reach went; who was in his pockets and who he held sway over. Oscar would love the thought of putting the behind bars, guarded by the strongest Players he knew. But the strongest Players he knew were in Firm Anima and they had more important tasks at hand. When a hound goes rabid, you don't try to save it. You just put it out of its misery as quickly as possible before it hurts anything else.

Oscar readied his weapon, hoping to take advantage of Lilith's momentary lapse of attention seeing her servants pixelated so suddenly. But he'd been relying on Absolute Accuracy entirely too much, so when she suddenly dipped out of the way of his attack, Oscar had lost the ability to compensate. His weapon bit into the ground, plunging deep into the stone of the Castle Raszak. A thin line traced itself past the vampress and up the wall behind them, the force of Oscar's cut distributing itself however it could now that he'd missed his mark. He pulled his blade free of the stone and looked to his right, getting an up-close view of the Lady of the Night. He smirked and then called back to Freyd, his voice fighting with Lilith's melody on the air.

"Ayo, she kinda cute. You sure we gotta kill her?"

Spoiler

Oscar - HP: 980/980 | EN: 106/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
[BLD 0/3]Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 837/960 | EN: 93/130 (114+4-17-8) | DMG: 30 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE 

AOE-I vs Lilith - ID: 201818 BD: 2+5-3, Miss.
Lilith attack vs Freyd - ID: 201819 CD: 12 Soothing Song procced. Freyd and Oscar's ACC reduced by 1 each. MD: 9 Deal 201-78 = 123 DMG. Apply Bleed (48 DMG, 3 Turns)

Vampire Spawn #1 | HP: 0/500 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | Bleed 48 (2 turns, on MD 9-10) (600-893)
Vampire Spawn #2 | HP0/500 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | Bleed 48 (2 turns, on MD 9-10) (600-893)
Lilith | HP: 1500/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10)

• Vampire | Suffers double damage from Burn, Flame Aura and Flame Thorns. Restores own health by 25% of final damage dealt to opponent, or 50% against targets suffering from Bleed.
  • Soothing Song | On a CD 7-12, Lilith will hum a soothing tune, decreasing all opponents Accuracy by 1, and reducing the Hate of her current target by 2.
  • Blood Fallen | Damage Increases by 25 for each ally or enemy defeated during battle.
  • Blood Spear | After afflicting a player with Bleed three times, creates a spear entirely from the red shards she collects. Her next attack she hurls this into the target, gaining full phase and healing herself an amount equal to the final damage dealt. 
  • Vampire Spawn | Lilith always begins combat with two <<Vampire Spawn>> in tow.

Edited by Oscar

"It needs to be done," Freyd replied, in regards to Tyson.  "If he's willing to come after you, then he's doing as much or worse to other players.  We're a finite resource.  Every moron who kills one of us harms everyone's chances at ever getting out of here, including their own."  The Whisper shook his head at the idiocy behind such waste.  "I'll do it, if you feel like you can't.  I don't think anyone would fault you."

A stinging bite and swipe on his arm brought him back to focus.  The catty little bitch actually tagged him.  

"Okay.  Cute or not, I'm done playing around."  

Lilith had already retreated to the rafters, thinking that she could strike at them with impunity.  Clearly, she didn't know what she was dealing with.  Another blink into shadows.  Claws striking out in anticipation of a repeated trick met nothing but air and Montjoy, grinning like an idiot.  A smash and a sickly thud followed as the vampress' form crushed itself against the vaulted masonry, peeled off thanks to gravity and fell to the ground at Oscar's feet.

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
Freyd regains +53 HP from BH
CD 3 (No REC proc) ID #201821
Freyd suffers 38 damage from Bleed (reduced 20% by Clean)
Charge (CD 1/3)

Post Action | TECH-A(x12, 13 EN, STUN): 13 EN - (Rested 2/2; Stamina) = 10 EN. 
Free Action | None

ID #201822 | BD: 3+6-3 (hit).  DMG (12*30=360-50=310).  Lilith is stunned.

Oscar - HP: 980/980 | EN: 106/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 (-1) | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 852/960 (837+53-38) | EN: 87/130 (93+4-10) | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 (-1) | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE | [BLD 48, 1/3]

Lilith | HP: 1190/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 (0) | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10) | STUNNED (1500-310)

Note: Soothing Song currently lacks a duration.  Will assume until end of battle and stacking up to 3 times, as recommended as part of the current draft re-write of this quest.

Spoiler

Post Action | AOE-I (x15, -15 EN | 2/2 Well-Rested)
Free Action | None

ID #201823 | BD: 6+5(hit).  DMG (15*26=390-50=340).

Oscar - HP: 980/980 | EN: 95/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 (-1) | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 852/960 (837+53-38) | EN: 87/130 (93+4-10) | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 (-1) | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE | [BLD 48, 1/3]

[Os2,Fr1]Lilith | HP: 850/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 (0) | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10) | STUNNED (1500-310)

"S'pose we do," Oscar remarked as he watched the vampress strike his companion. Freyd definitely wasn't one to let a slight like that pass. She retreated to the rafters. A bad call. Vampire or not, poor footing would be the death of her. Freyd followed and Oscar watched with a smirk as she was rocketed off of her perch into a nearby wall. As gravity took control of her stunned form, Oscar sheathed his blade. Lilith fell into his strike zone and he let fly a powerful slash. His blade bit deep into her side, cleaving through muscle and bone as if they were butter. Pressure from the blow vented out in all directions, blasting her through the nearest wall with an explosion of force. 

Flicking the remains off his weapon, he returned the katana to its scabbard and calmly strode over to the mess he'd made. Through the dust and debris, he could still make out a heavily battered health bar through the miasma. He craned his neck backwards, calling up to his companion. "One more like that and I think this one's over. Gotta wonder about how weak those soldiers had been if this broad could run roughshod over 'em."

Edited by Oscar

A burst of brilliant white light beamed from on high, bathing the entire chamber in celestial glow of wrath unleashed.  Like a comet crashing to Earth from the heavens, Freyd fell from the rafters with such force that it shattered the throne, the dais and the boss, right down to ten feet deep in a crater as Oscar's feel.  A figure in black emerged from the black: his friend trailing pixel parts of a foe that they'd come here to wreck.  She'd just gotten that in spades.  Partially bleached by the power of the weapon and sword art, Freyd's form faded back into familiar darkness as he came back into focus.

"Good thing there wasn't a basement."  A hand shed the last sparkly dust from his shoulder.

Clapping broke the mood and the moment, coming from a side passage on the far side of the room.  Flame dude was back, and bragging as before about how awesome he was.  Freyd ignored him, turning to Oscar, summing up how this was gonna go.

"He's stunnable."

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
Freyd regains +53 HP from BH
CD 1 (No REC proc) ID #201824
Charge (CD 2/3)

Post Action | AoE-I (x15 AoE, 11 EN, +2 AoE Shift, +2/hit,): 15 EN - (Stamina) = 13 EN. 
Free Action | None

ID #201825 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Holy +16).  DMG (15*47=705*2=1410-50=1360)

Oscar - HP: 980/980 | EN: 95/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 (-1) | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 867/960 (852+53-38) | EN: 78/130 (87+4-13) | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 (-1) | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE | [BLD 48, 2/3]

[Os2,Fr3]Lilith | HP: 0/1500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10) | STUN IMM (0/3) (850-1360)

Loot Lilith: ID #201826 | LD: 7+9=16 | CD: 11 (x2 event bonus)

T4 Rare Trinket [201826a]
T4 Rare Trinket [201826b]

8 materials (+4 CD/LD odd, x2 event
18900 col (HP[1500]*6 - incl. +5% Col Deposit, x2 event )

Oscar took one look at the demonic git approaching them and had to suppress the urge to groan loudly. He just shook his head and sighed. "I preferred the sexy vampire, I'm not gonna lie." As the demon just droned on and on about... something, Oscar hummed the melody to Take On Me as loudly as he possibly could. It was almost as annoying to listen to as the mob's exposition dump that Oscar just didn't care about.

"Could you stop that?" Beelzebub snapped.

"Stop what?" A brief pause in his humming as he spoke, only to quickly begin again.

"That infernal racket!"

"I'm not sure what you're talking about," Oscar replied.

"I am trying to give an intro speech here," Beelzebub retorted.

"Oh, I know. You're just real fuckin' boring. All that talk about how you made Cardinal your bitch. I still know you got a weakness."

"What are you ta-"

"SKIP," Oscar exclaimed as he sliced through Beelzebub's torso and, in one fluid motion, grasped the back of the demon's head and slammed his face into the floor. The castle trembled in response. Oscar removed his hand and blew on his seared palm. In the span of a single second, the demon had lost almost a third of its health. "If he's really on some Sundered Spire shit, why don't we show him how those guys wound up."

Spoiler

Oscar regains +4 EN

Post Action | AOE-II vs Beelzebub [x18, -17 EN]
Free Action | None

ID #201829 BD: 10 CRIT/HLY PROC (18*26+16 = 756) BRN Applied 
76 DMG reflected back to Oscar, 10 DMG from Heat

Oscar - HP: 894/980 | EN: 82/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 867/960  | EN: 81/130  | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 2 (+1) | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE | [BLD 48, 2/3]

[Os3,Fr0][BRN0/2]Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame - HP: 1744/2500 | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | Burn 25 (2 turns on a BD 9-10)

• Boss Room Effect | Players without the <<Survival>> extra skill shall take 30 unmitigable damage every turn while those with the skill take 10.
  • Boss Room Effect | Burn effects never expire. They still may be removed through the use of skills and items.
  • Boss Room Effect |  The use of Stealth prohibited.
  • Counter of Fire (Passive) | 10% of all damage taken is returned to the attacker.
  • Fist of the Blazing Devil | On a CD 7-9, Beelzebub's right arm grows to a very large size before he slams it into the target with the most hate. This attack gains 50% Phase.
  • Hellfire Blaze | On a natural BD 10 and CD 10-12, fires a fire blast into the vicinity of the opponents which will engulf the area in fiery inferno. Attack becomes AoE and Inflicts Burn on all opponents.
  • Restorative Strike | Whenever any player suffers Burn damage from Beelzebub's attacks and abilities, Beelzebub regains an equal number of HP.

Edited by Oscar

"Oh, did I mention?  We finally figured out who was behind all that.  Turns out Lun'Rael, the Dark Elf queen from floor 23 - the one who blew herself up and took out her own city in the process?  Yeah.  It was her.  Whatever was bringing her minions back from the dead had originally done the same to her."

A screeching sound like the start of a backdraft skewed the distance between Freyd and demon-dude as the sliver of nothingness opened itself up to feed.  Thrust forth like a spear, Freyd lunged and disintegrated a hole the size of a volleyball through the thing's chest, severing its left hand completely as it foolishly tried to parry oblivion.  

"Tsk, tsk," Freyd added, towards their flaming host.  "Bad call."

"So, yeah, Firm Anima pulled out all the stops and raided the Spire itself.  Turns out that she was literally hiding in the ruins of her ancient tower, rubbing the name of her new cult in everybody's face.  Once we'd pinned her down, it was all over.  There's nothing left of the Spire now.  That reset after floor 25 was cleared dealt with any lingering stragglers."

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 3 (No REC proc) ID #201831
Charge (CD 3/3)

Post Action | AoE-II (x18 AoE, 14 EN, +2 AoE Shift, +2/hit,): 18 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 15 EN. 
Free Action | Activate Grappling Familiar (CD 0/5)

ID #201832 | BD: 8+7-3=12 (hit, Fallen +16).  DMG (18*46=828)  Stunned.

Beelzebub is stunned [grappling] and loses his action.

Freyd suffers 10 damage from Room Effect (has Survival)
Freyd suffers 82 damage from Counter of Fire (assumed unmitigatable)

Oscar - HP: 894/980 | EN: 82/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 790/960 (867+53-38-10-82) | EN: 67/130 (78+4-15)  | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE | [BLD 48, 3/3]

[Os3,Fr1]Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame - HP: 916/2500 | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | Burn 25 (2 turns on a BD 9-10) | GRAP IMM (0/3) | STUNNED (1744-828)

• Boss Room Effect | Players without the <<Survival>> extra skill shall take 30 unmitigable damage every turn while those with the skill take 10.
  • Boss Room Effect | Burn effects never expire. They still may be removed through the use of skills and items.
  • Boss Room Effect |  The use of Stealth prohibited.
  • Counter of Fire (Passive) | 10% of all damage taken is returned to the attacker.
  • Fist of the Blazing Devil | On a CD 7-9, Beelzebub's right arm grows to a very large size before he slams it into the target with the most hate. This attack gains 50% Phase.
  • Hellfire Blaze | On a natural BD 10 and CD 10-12, fires a fire blast into the vicinity of the opponents which will engulf the area in fiery inferno. Attack becomes AoE and Inflicts Burn on all opponents.
  • Restorative Strike | Whenever any player suffers Burn damage from Beelzebub's attacks and abilities, Beelzebub regains an equal number of HP.

They were absolutely demolishing this "Floor Boss." For all his pomposity, he was getting torn a new asshole by a duo of Frontliners barely paying any attention to what they were doing. As Freyd blasted a hole into their new host's chest - taking an arm in the process - Oscar readied another swing. As he charged up his attack, Freyd regaled him all about the end of the Spire and how Firm Anima had taken out the Queen. Losing his concentration for a moment, Oscar bolted upright, his arm flying out too the left.

"Oh no shit?" he asked as the force of his would-be attack flung itself from the tip of his blade and demolished the western wall of the castle. Light poured into the new hole Oscar had ripped into the castle as, finally, the facade faded from from Beelzebub's face. Gone was the sneer of arrogance to be replaced only by a delicious mixture of fear and confusion.

"Who even are you guys?"

Oscar looked a Beelzebub, then back to Freyd. Then back to Beelzebub. With a shrug, he said: "It's Britney, bitch."

Spoiler

Oscar regains +4 EN
Oscar regains +53 HP from BH

Post Action | AOE-II -2 EN for Miss
Free Action | x

ID #201833 BD: 2+6-3, Miss

Oscar takes 10 DMG from Room Effect [Survival]

Oscar - HP: 937/980 | EN: 84/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 790/960 (867+53-38-10-82) | EN: 67/130 (78+4-15)  | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE | [BLD 48, 3/3]

[Os4,Fr1]Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame - HP: 916/2500 | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | Burn 25 (2 turns on a BD 9-10) | GRAP IMM (0/3) | 

• Boss Room Effect | Players without the <<Survival>> extra skill shall take 30 unmitigable damage every turn while those with the skill take 10.
  • Boss Room Effect | Burn effects never expire. They still may be removed through the use of skills and items.
  • Fist of the Blazing Devil | On a CD 7-9, Beelzebub's right arm grows to a very large size before he slams it into the target with the most hate. This attack gains 50% Phase.
  • Hellfire Blaze | On a natural BD 10 and CD 10-12, fires a fire blast into the vicinity of the opponents which will engulf the area in fiery inferno. Attack becomes AoE and Inflicts Burn on all opponents.
  • Restorative Strike | Whenever any player suffers Burn damage from Beelzebub's attacks and abilities, Beelzebub regains an equal number of HP.

Edited by Oscar

A quick fist bump and follow up smash sent the demon sprawling, bouncing head over tea kettle until he finally splattered across one of the massive masonry columns holding up the vaulted ceiling, of which Lilith had been so fond.

Freyd rotated his shoulder, watching an outline of the boss in his previous position fade, like the hairs of the coyote after the roadrunner pushed down his own plunger, setting off a ton of TNT in his face.

"I think I sliced that one," he joked.  "I was actually aiming for the next column over."

Beelzebub's tail had been flattened by the impact.  The rest of him struggled to peel himself from the stonework that he'd imprinted upon so hard that it translated into the side of his mesh facing the two players, making him look even more ridiculous.  Even his glasses were gone, rendered to smithereens by the impact of Freyd's blow.  Opening his mouth, trying to voice some witty retort, the boss felt the powdered remains of his teeth turn to dust.  He looked like some smarmy kid trying to down too many pixie sticks at once.

"So sad,"  Freyd spoke mockingly, watching Oscar advance.

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 7 (+8 EN from REC proc) ID #201
Grappling Familiar (CD 1/5)

Post Action | TECH-A (x12, 13 EN, STUN) = 13 EN - (Rested 2/2; Stamina) = 10 EN.  Charge (CD 0/3) (8 EN)
Free Action | Activate Crystal of Divine Light

ID #201834 | BD: 6+7-3-1=9 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +24).  DMG (12*59=708)  STUN applied.

Freyd takes double damage until his next turn.

Beelzebub is stunned and loses his action.  Again.  Sucker.

Freyd suffers 10 damage from Room Effect (has Survival)
Freyd suffers 70 damage from Counter of Fire (assumed unmitigatable)

Oscar - HP: 937/980 | EN: 84/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 763/960 (790+53-10-70) | EN: 61/130 (67+4+8-10-8)  | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE 

[Os4,Fr2]Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame - HP: 208/2500 | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | Burn 25 (2 turns on a BD 9-10) | GRAP IMM (1/3) | STUN IMM (0/3) | STUNNED (916-708)

"Git 'is ass, Freyd!" It was times like this that Oscar forgot himself and his thick Bostonian accent bled through. The once-haughty "floor boss" was now on his last legs with Oscar up to the plate. The Beast of Aincrad stalked over to the demon, now cowering on the floor. Having been brutalized so by a pair of dumbasses, it was no small wonder that this thing's entire worldview was turned upside down. He struck, fast as lightning, reducing the enemy's HP to zero. Or as close to zero as possible to trigger the end of the fight. The moment Beelzebub's health reached zero, Oscar was greeted by a purple Immortal Object tag. He chuckled and tossed the Sanctified Sword away as it melted into slag. 

"Oh look. Mommy Cardinal protecting the big strong demon," Oscar said in a mocking tone.

"I-I am a FLOOR! BOSS! YOU WOULDN'T BE THIS COCKY IF I STARTED PHASE TWO!" Beelzebub began to scream like a child as the injuries of their fight began to be unwound by the System. The hole in his torso filled itself in, his glasses reappeared, and his arm flew back onto the stump and stuck there as if nothing had ever happened. As with the demon, the System undid the damage the pair had caused to the castle. Even Lilith had respawned at this point. The only difference was in the expressions of the mobs. Beelzebub glared at them with impotent fury and Lilith and her entourage looked shocked that their Master had been so thoroughly thrashed. Beelzebub stamped his feet and roared with maniacal rage, continuing on and on about how they couldn't handle the later phases of his encounter. Oscar stood in silence until the demon calmed himself. He almost began to wonder if the NPCs were starting to gain some degree of sentience. Was Sundered Spire truly as dead as Firm Anima thought it was or had Cardinal simply incorporated the anomalous code into itself? Ultimately, as fun as it was to think about, it didn't matter. 

"So do it then," Oscar commanded, growing weary of the demon's whining. "Start Phase Two. Or three. Hell, jump straight to your final form, you petulant whiny fuckass. Otherwise," Oscar approached the NPC, almost gliding across the floor. He grabbed the "Floor Boss" by the collar and pulled his face in close. The Beast glared into the demon's eyes, utterly done with this tripe. "I thought I said skip." His voice was a low growl as he uttered his threat. Oscar pushed the demon away and dusted off his clothes. With a shriek, Beelzebub dashed out of the room and Oscar was greeted with a new message.

<<RESTORATIVE STRIKE>> UNLOCKED.

"Oh neat, new skill."

Spoiler

Oscar regains +4 EN
Oscar regains +53 HP from BH

Post Action | ST-B (-19 EN) 
Free Action | x

ID #201836 BD: 5+5 (20*26 = 520 DMG)

Oscar suffers 10 damage from Room Effect (has Survival)
Oscar suffers 52 DMG from Counter of Fire

Oscar - HP: 918/980 | EN: 69/118 | DMG: 26 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 3 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56 | LD: 5 | BLS | BH: 53 | MIT: 207
Freyd, Whisper in the Shadows - HP: 763/960 (790+53-10-70) | EN: 61/130 (67+4+8-10-8)  | DMG: 30 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 2 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | LD: 8 | REC: 8 | MIT: 78 | BH: 53 | PARA IMMUNE 

[Os4,Fr2]Beelzebub, Bringer of FlameHP: 0/2500 | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | Burn 25 (2 turns on a BD 9-10) | GRAP IMM (1/3) | STUN IMM (0/3) |

Looting
ID: 201837 - LD: 13+6, CD: 3 7,500 Col, 4 Materials

Edited by Oscar

Chuckling in the background, Freyd warmed at seeing the old zaniness of his friend restored, even if only for a fleeting moment.

"It suits you better, you know.  To play the maniacal agent of mayhem, rather than the brooding sort.  Leave the latter bit to us professionals and go back to flinging fast food carts at people.  I suspect that it will bring you greater joy."

"See you next time, ladies," he added to the balance of their audience.  The spawnlings hissed at him, but moves clear as he walked towards the exit.  Lilith just looked incredulous and stunned.  "Also, breath mints would be good.  I could smell you from fifty feet away.  You really need to lay off the triple-jalapenos burritos, m'kay?"  

Thunder cracked in the distance as great big gobs of magma streaked across the sky overhead.  This floor was so scenic, if you didn't mind the toxic atmosphere and endless pools of 'I'm-gonna -melt-you' goo strewn all over the place.

"The skill will help you out, man, but this Tyson business if what you really need to put to rest.

• 2 weeks later...

"The skill will help you out, man, but this Tyson business if what you really need to put to rest."

Oscar shrugged. "I really gotta hope that after our little skirmish on a while back, he doesn't have the bodies to throw at me anymore. I've come to terms with the fact I might need to kill the kid, but that doesn't really mean I'm looking forward to it. That's something my old guild never really understood. Tyson builds a PK guild and goes on a tear across the game and that's all well and good and understandable, but the minute I draw a line in the sand and commit to doing what needs to be done, they lose their minds. Dozens of lives are somehow worth less than one insane child. It just doesn't make any damn sense." With their task completed and Oscar's venting done, it dawned on him that the pair were essentially standing inside of an active volcano. The heat swept across his in-game sensors, almost immediately eliciting an uncomfortable grown from the man. "It's too fucking hot out here for me to be venting like this. Imma head out. I'll shoot you a message the next time I got a mind to take on one of these quests." Ordinarily, Oscar would have no problems marching back to town, but the sweltering heat was uncomfortable enough to give the man who generally didn't give a fuck a sense of urgency. He produced a Teleport Crystal from his inventory and shattered it. The magic contained within took effect and swept him off to the nearest Teleport Platform in a flash of bright light. Anything to get away from this infernal heat.

A nod of acknowledgement and his friend was gone, vanished back to Stonewall or whatever other outpost suited him.  A quick glance into shadows confirmed where, the info shoved into a pigeon hole labeled 'big man', for later reference.  The heat had never really bothered him, even with this intensity, but Freyd had reveled in the climate of Fortaleza on floor five, where he and Persi had first met. This place just traded dust for ash and soot, plus a few rivulets of melted stone.  He'd been hesitant to get in on the us versus them entanglement with PKers.  Fortunate had largely steered him clear of it, though he knew that time was coming to a close.

Taking Oscrar's words to heart, he absentmindedly took his staff and drew a line in the thick layer of ash on the stony landscape just beyond the gates of Castle Razsak.  Never breaking pace, he just strode over top of it.  Life was too short to waste on excuses.  When the time came, he'd do what he had to do with no more hesitation than he had just shown, because there was no other way forward but to cull those who'd chosen to make themselves dead.

Thread Summary:

image.png

4832 words / 30 = 161*5= 805*Tier
4832 / 300 = 17 seeds

Oscar receives:

Spoiler

10428 EXP (Word Count [805*8] + 2250 [Quest] + 20% from event)
12043 col (200 [1 page/2] + 7500 [Loot] + 1564 [Laurel, +15% of EXP as col] + 30% from event)
21 mats (10 [tag] + 4 [Loot] + 50% from event)

17 Seeds (Event)
1 tags - ID: 202364 (CD 12); 202366 (CD 7); 202367 (CD 2)
(Gain: 10 materials, +5% EXP to the party)

Unlock <<TECH-F>> collected sword art

T4 Perfect Consumable [201837a]
T4 Rare Trinket [201837b]

Freyd receives: (previously completed quest)

Spoiler

11592 EXP (Word Count [805*12] + 20% from event)
70632 col (200 [1 page/2] + 52395 [Loot] + 1738 [Laurel, +15% of EXP as col] + 30% from event)
18 mats (12 [Loot] + 50% from event)

17 Seeds (Event)
0 tags - ID: 202368 (CD 5); 202369 (CD 5); 202370 (CD 6)

2x Gleaming Scales

Random Dungeon Map [201773a] 
Random Dungeon Map [201773b]
T4 Perfect Trinket [201774a]
T4 Perfect Weapon [201774b]
T4 Rare Armor/Shield [201775a]
T4 Rare Armor/Shield [201775b]
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield [201827a]
T4 Perfect Consumable [201827b]
T4 Perfect Consumable [201827c]
T4 Rare Weapon [201828a]
T4 Uncommon Consumable [201828a]