Active Extra Skills:

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Blueberry | HP: 160/160 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 2 | BLD: 12 | PARA | REC: 2

The pink-haired pastry maker adorned an apron while she baked some desserts to add onto the nearly endless display of foods in her shop. Everything that ended up beginning to go stale inside of her shop all went to the same place. 

Her stomach. 

While low-leveled, the girl hadn't made many attempts to raising her level. To level, that required fighting. Something she didn't really enjoy doing. For some strange reason, Blue had been locked out of actually any support skills. So instead, she consumed her time making food. Then, she sold the food for more ingredients to make food. It was a business of its own. Being on the eleventh floor, she didn't see as much business as she typically would on the lower floors, but those that found their way to Blue's shop had enjoyed the experience. At least, those with a sweet tooth to satisfy. There had been times where she'd been requested to make other kinds of food. She declined those orders. She didn't want to make just anything. She wanted to make desserts. Which is why there was absolutely nothing else on the menu. 

The reason everything was blueberry flavored was also a personal choice. Though if someone requested a different kind, sometimes she gave in and omitted them from the recipe. 

Munching on a BB chip cookie, Blue looked to the bright outside. She wondered who Taft would end up bringing to her and her little shop today. Brushing the two pink braided bundles of hair from her shoulders and correcting her apron's position and she was ready to begin. 

Edited by Blueberry

A stranger, darkly dressed, slipped into her quaint blue shop, the final vestiges of a cup of crème brûlée passing into his lips.  A try full of the things clutched under his arm, he started scoping the various wares on display, muttering their effects to himself at a glance, not even bothering to read the carefully manicured labels.  Haste was clearly a factor, judging by the way he leaned forward as he walked and the heaviness of footfalls from someone dressed more appropriately for stealth.

"I don't happen to see any MIT foods.  Do you not prepare them, or are you merely out of stock?"

A fine woolen cowl graced his head, concealing most of his appearance and revealing naught but a bit of pale skin.  A pair of piercing blue eyes danced across the shop, married to slightly angular, hawkish features that might have looked mildly predatory in the wrong light; or the right one. 

"Wait.  You can make tier four foods, no?"  Glancing about for some sort of sign that might answer his own question, a few strands of mousy brown bangs slipped over his face, vainly attempting to obscure his vision.  "Can't linger long, I'm afraid.  But I could place an order if you've capacity."

His head swiveled loosely on a spindly neck that matched an overall, lanky build.  Eventually, he paused long enough to look down.

"Ah.  There you are.  Oh!  It's you, Blueberry.  I hadn't even noticed that this was your shop.  Quick!  Gather your things.  I have a job for you."   A flippant toss flung a bowl of brûlée her way, clattering onto the counter, and then promptly stabbed with a fork.  At least it was a dessert.

Freyd | HP: 960/960 | EN: 130/130 | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl. AA) | BH: 52 | LD: 5 | Blight 32 | Static 40 | PARA VENOM (Off) | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8

Freyd offers: Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (5/6) - takes one portion for himself

Consumed:

Spoiler

Liquor of Light (Potion) | Damage 3 [178023-2]
Breakfast Fry | Protein 2 [177707] + filled

Full Stats:

Spoiler

Freyd, Firm Anima O&I Captain
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 79
HP: 960/960
EN: 130/130

Stats:
Damage: 24 (+3, +3)
Mitigation: 78 (-60)
Accuracy: 6 (+2) + AA
Battle Healing: 52
Loot Dice: 5
Blight 32/2
Static 40/2
Paralytic Venom (Off)
PARA IMMUNE
REC: 8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: The Thing Behind All Lies (T4 Demonic WH, AA, Blight, Static, Para.Ven (Off)) x1
Armor: Fallen Angel Garb (T4 LA | Mit 2 | Rec 2)
Misc: The Shadowed Rose (T3 Trinket - ACC 3 | Para Imm)

Custom Skill:
n/a

Skills:
Hammer R5
Light Armor R5
Searching R4
Battle Healing R5
Energist
Charge
Quick Change

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking
Meticulous
Untraceable

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Stamina
Ferocity
Precision
Resolve
Reveal

Active Extra Skills:
Survival
Meditation
Hiding R2
Forgotten King’s Authority

Inactive Extra Skills:
Disguise
Brawler
Photosynthesize

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Crystal of Divine Light (Reusable) x1
Rhino's Horn (Reusable) x1
T3 Probiotics 3 x2
Samael's Pride (T4 Hammer | Holy 2 | Fallen 2)

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:
n/a

The darkly dressed player was most definitely out of place as he stepped into the humble shop. His dark colors and indiscernible features didn't match the rest of the aesthetic. Luckily, Berry didn't skip a single beat. "Hi! I'm Blueberry! Most just call me Blue or Berry for short though. What can I get for you?" Without a reply, the man began to peruse the various wares. His words were soft, like a Whisper. She had to strain a bit to even hear them. 

"I don't happen to see any MIT foods.  Do you not prepare them, or are you merely out of stock?"

"Uh sorry, I haven't actually come up with a recipe for that yet! All but one of my recipes are actually made by me! I haven't actually found what tastes good and gets the effect going yet!" 

She flashed a happy smile to the darkly dressed man. Her words had been true. She had followed his teaching in finding what tastes best together before actually having it given out. She only wanted to serve the best desserts. Nothing under perfection. She had taken the original recipe that he had her make, however. It was the only one that she didn't claim as her own. As he kept asking questions, she would simply point to the answer. For his question regarding tiers, she gestured to the sign with the prices. 

Finally, the stranger turned and looked down on her small figure. "Ah.  There you are.  Oh!  It's you, Blueberry.  I hadn't even noticed that this was your shop.  Quick!  Gather your things.  I have a job for you." 

A look of confusion crossed her face. Wait, he was looking for her instead of items? She opened her mouth to question but a dessert was slid her way. A nicely made caramelized custard. Not something she personally had made before. Blue nodded her head to the stranger. "Okay!~" She said excitedly, moving behind the counter. There, she took off the apron and grabbed a deep blue coat from the rack. Sliding it on over her slim and flat figure, she tackled the food. Mid-eating she asked: "So, (ahn♥~) where are we going?" 

-Consumed ACC Feast: Stats shifting

Blueberry | HP: 160/160 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 12 | PARA | REC: 2

"Taste?"  Freyd was about as far as you could get from being a foodie. Consumption was a means to an end.  He rarely paused to consider the significance of flavour.  His goals were either sustenance or buffs.  Why else would he have a collection of healing potions in his pockets labeled 'Lich Loogeys', and mitigation meals made up of Pure Unadulterated Rage?

"Huh.  How novel.  Also, I would have expected MIT buffs to be in high demand."  Shrugging shoulders dismissed any potential or interest in further discourse on the matter. Freyd had filed away a list of future purchases for the next time Bistro tried to screw him over on pricing.  Firm Anima churned out a lot of product as a crafting guild, but he also liked to support vendors from outside its bounds in order to maintain a viable supply chain alternative.

"You're in O&I, and I need to know what you can do, so we're heading to Nimbus on floor seven, and you're going to take on the Amphis Serpens. with your arms tied behind your apron."  A short-lived smile flashed across the pale man's face, making it really hard to tell whether or not he was joking.

The man simply didn't seem to understand her way of doing things. Upon mentioning the demand, Berry shook her head and strictly replied, "No. If you just want some buffs go to Gaius. I only serve quality dessert here." It was her dream, and she wasn't going to let something like demand get to her. Finishing up her new dessert, Blueberry stepped over and flipped over the closed sign. 

You're in O&I, and I need to know what you can do, so we're heading to Nimbus on floor seven, and you're going to take on the Amphis Serpens. with your arms tied behind your apron."

Coking her head the side with a worried expression, Blue laughed nervously. "I don't really see how that's gonna help... and that'll get my apron dirty." She didn't know who Amphis Serpens was, but she hoped that he was easy to get along with. "I can tell you that I'm absolutely worthless!" She mentioned in a cheery tune of voice. Blue was not one to hide that from anyone. "I don't really like fighting, so I tried to be a healer. Though, one day when..." Her expression paled as she recalled the frightening experience. The loneliness. The sound of her own panicked heartbeat as she forever drowned alone. 

"...One day the game stole my healing skill and I can't get it back. So i've just been cooking stuff." She wasn't joking. She hadn't invested in a single skill yet due to loss of her skill. 

Freyd's mouth opened, as if to speak, but nothing came out.  His left eye twitched randomly as he just stared, rather incredulously, as Blueberry rambled on.  Twice, he tried raising a finger to interject a query, but decided against it on each occasion.

Don't.  Just, don't.  It's not worth it.  She's Shiina 2.0.  You can only win by not engaging.

For once, Freyd actually listened to Montjoy's advice.

"So, no pastry-based sword arts, or anything?"  He couldn't help himself, and, truth be told, he really wanted to hear if she'd actually developed something so completely outlandish.  "Because, if you could weaponize desserts, I'd be very impressed.  Though," he looked around the shop, "I suppose that you already have, after a fashion."

Leading her from her shop, they headed toward's Taft's teleportation plaza.  

"You've got the little blue house with the little blue windows, but where's the little blue corvette?!"  Unorthodox agents could be the most interesting.  They could also be dead the most quickly if they couldn't think on their feet.  Freyd found himself wondering in Provisional had some room.  Kiluia would sooner let Freyd set him on fire, again.

"So, no pastry-based sword arts, or anything?

She didn't enjoy hurting others, but she wasn't unarmed. You couldn't get around without a weapon in this world. "No pastry, only pan." She replied with a dead serious tone. Wasting food for attacks or something dumb like that. Maybe she couldn't trust this guy. He treated food as a means to buffs and didn't care about the taste. She could probably feed him Styrofoam peanuts with a buff and he'd eat it. What a ridiculous fellow. Insane. 

She skipped alongside Freyd as they moved towards the teleport pad. Where was this Alfis guy even at? Why was she fighting him? She hadn't grabbed her apron so she hadn't hoped that he was serious about that last bit. "You've got the little blue house with the little blue windows, but where's the little blue corvette?!" Blue's eyes lit up. "That was my favorite song when I was a kid!" The woman giggled, but all the while her gears were turning. 

'He's making jokes, but he doesn't really seem to be bonding with the happy go lucky attitude that everyone else seems to enjoy. If I want to make him my friend, I'd better try harder.' The man at her side was completely invested into the way system worked. She didn't really vibe with that, personally. However, in the sake of friendship she would shift to meet the shape he was looking for. Blue's personality had some fluidity thanks to years of school where she had to be absolutely everyone's friend. 

"I don't like hurting things, that's why I want to get back the healing skill. I'm using DoTs to reduce HP without actually hurting. If I'm gonna hurt something, I'd rather poison them then hurt them." Her voice didn't trill into the air anymore. Instead if was calm and collected. This wasn't really Blueberry anymore. She wasn't this kind of person but she could be. 

"All I said was that you were going to take the sand serpent on.  How you choose to do so is entirely up to you - whether that mean braining it with a frying pan, poisoning it, or any other means of your devising."  Freyd led them from Nimbus' echoing caverns out to the open skies beyond.  "Rig is a few miles from here.  The beast lairs near there.  So, if I told you that this thing was terrorizing the locals, eating up children and harassing caravans full of baking products, etc.  How would you propose we deal with it?"

He walked surprisingly slowly for such a tall, lanky fellow.  Long strides came at a slow pace, as if offering Blueberry as much time as possible to ponder and offer her response, and also strangely considerate for her shorter stature.

"Like it or not, this game will not be forgiving when the time comes for you to fight and you remain unprepared.  My goal is to ensure that you are, by whatever means best suit you.  What that means, is really up to you."

Following in silence, Blueberry had a sense of personal anxiety. She didn't want to fight. Now this guy was coming around and expecting her to? Was he even listening to her? He mentioned a town by the name of Rig, one she had never heard of. What floor was this even? She hadn't traveled here. Blue lived on the eleventh because it was nice and the central tower always fascinated her. 

"How would you propose we deal with it?"

A nerve touched, Blue did her best to remain calm. She had dealt with people with worse attitudes and they became her friends at the end of the day. First though, she would have to get them to understand each other. Opening her menu, she flipped it over to her skill list. It was just as she had left it. Turning the list over for the man to view he would get to view everything she had put into her build. 

Nothing. 

Not a single skill was taken, not a single point was spent. Blue was unwilling to spend it either, until the game stopped being broken and let her take the First Aid skill. "How should I?" No matter what kind of enemy he was putting her against, she didn't stand much chance. She was a baker, not a fighter. "I'll deal with it by letting you while I support from the side." She said, choosing her answer to the question. She knew that she wouldn't be able to. It would be pretty stupid if she was expected to fight some boss at her level. The personality that may be what Freyd was looking for was leaving a bitter taste in her mouth. Saying as little words as possible? Being straight and to the point. It was boring. A bland take to life. Without flavor. 

Leading the descent into a rocky bowl filled with sand, Freyd warned his companion to watch her footing.  

No skills?  Was she nuts, or just stubborn to the point of stupid?  This was tantamount to holding your digital breath and hoping Cardinal would cave in to your childish demands.  Naive.  A sigh released under the guise of being winded by the hike.  Pangs of pain throbbing across his temples.  He didn't get people who took such delusional approaches to their plight, and it irked him that someone would be so careless with the most precious resource available in the game: their life.  There was no replacing each one they lost.  Blueberry could hide away in her shop all she wanted, but the realities of the game would find her eventually; most likely in the manner of the harshest of reality checks.

"You do realize that this world is trying to kill you, yes?"  It was an honest question and didn't bear any signs of the frustrations festering below.  Instead, his voice was calm and curious.  

"What will you do when it chooses not to play by your rules, and will not allow you to sit on the sidelines?" 

A quick stab of his staff into the sand sent ripples through the sand, one butt end bracing against a firmly planted foot as Freyd prepared for that which he had just provoked.  There was no warning.  A giant, two-headed snake burst from a patch of packed sand.  Freyd twisted at the last second, spinning the staff and bearing it down on both heads at once, slamming the mob into the ground amidst a deep indigo energy that crackled like lightning along the length of its tubular body.  It twitched and spasmed on the ground, struggling to regain control of its body.

"What will you do, Blueberry, if I also choose to do nothing when it recovers?"

Spoiler

Post Action | AoE-I (x15 AoE, 11 EN, +2 AoE Shift, +2/hit,): 15 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 12 EN. 
Free Action | Activate Grappling Familiar (CD 0/5)

ID #201778 | BD: 9 (Crit +1).  DMG (15*31=465-30=435) Static 40/2, Blight 32 and PARA VENOM applied.  STUNNED.

Freyd | HP: 960/960 | EN: 118/130 (130-12) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl AA) | BH: 52 | LD: 5 | Blight 32 | Static 40 | PARA VENOM (Off) | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8
Blueberry | HP: 160/160 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 2 | BLD: 12 | PARA | REC: 2

[H:2,0] Amphis Serpens | HP: 435/900 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 50 (-20, 0/2) Static 40 (0/2), Blight 32 (0/2) | PARALYZED | STUNNED (900-465)

• Serpent’s Poison | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing normal attack damage in addition to inflicting an unmitigated DoT [15 DMG] effect that lasts 2 turns.
  • Shifting Sand | Due to the shifting sands and movement of the boss, players take a -1 penalty to Accuracy and Evasion.

"You do realize that this world is trying to kill you, yes?"

Blueberry nodded before cocking her head to the side. "And the only way to deal with it is to kill it back? Doesn't that make me just as bad as them?" Blue's answer wasn't faltered at all. Instead, strong and confident. Freyd didn't falter either, rolling into the next question immediately. 

"What will you do when it chooses not to play by your rules, and will not allow you to sit on the sidelines?"

Blue crossed her arms. His questions weren't really fair, were they? "That's what I have friends for. I've always cooked for them and they bring me ingredients to make more. Surely they won't let anything happen. Besides, we aren't playing by my rules. I am already playing its rules. It ruled that I can make cupcakes and be happy with that." 

Freyd took out a staff and for a moment Blueberry was sure he would threaten her with it. Instead, he poked it into the sand. 

This made the sand angry. 

Writhing upwards, a large snake bared its fangs and the man that disturbed it but was easily battered aside. "What will you do, Blueberry, if I also choose to do nothing when it recovers?" Blue frowned. "It's not after me. I'll just stand here until you do something with it. I don't want to fight. I don't want to hurt anything." 

Blueberry takes no action. 
Amphis Serpens is Paralyzed/Stunned
Amphis Serpens takes 72 DMG

Freyd | HP: 960/960 | EN: 118/130 (130-12) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl AA) | BH: 52 | LD: 5 | Blight 32 | Static 40 | PARA VENOM (Off) | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8
Blueberry | HP: 160/160 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 2 | BLD: 12 | PARA | REC: 2

[H:2,0] Amphis Serpens | HP: 363/900 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 50 (-20, 1/2) Static 40 (1/2), Blight 32 (1/2) | PARALYZED | STUNNED (900-465)

• Serpent’s Poison | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing normal attack damage in addition to inflicting an unmitigated DoT [15 DMG] effect that lasts 2 turns.
  • Shifting Sand | Due to the shifting sands and movement of the boss, players take a -1 penalty to Accuracy and Evasion.
Edited by Blueberry

Freyd folded his arms over his chest, cradling his weapon between them in a firm grasp.  His face bore a passive, patient expression, as if waiting would eventually demonstrate the point he was trying to make.   

"What if those who protect you took the same stance and position that you are taking?  What if the tanks hid in their armor, drawing no ire and let the enemy slip by?  What if the warriors who stand with them dropped arms and simply stepped aside?"

The serpent, meanwhile, stirred and shook off its stupor, angered at the player's audacity and the lingering effects of his strike.  Freyd knew that its dual heads could reach beyond him and strike at Blueberry directly.  She was banking that he would step in, miscalculating the extent to which he would go to make his point.  It was the very essence of Firm Anima to stand resolute for the good of others.  He didn't need her to pick up a blade and fight, but he needed her to be both willing and able if the need arose.  If she wouldn't face that, he would let the Amphis Serpens force it upon her, the hard way.

"What would you do, Blueberry, if the monsters enter your shop, and there is nowhere left to hide and no one left to die for your sake?"

Freyd wasn't mocking.  He was trying to make her realize that she was playing with other people's lives for her own benefit, as if choosing not to fight somehow only affected her.

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 1 (+8 EN from REC proc) ID #201800
Grappling Familiar (CD 1/5)

Post Action | None
Free Action | None

Freyd | HP: 960/960 | EN: 122/130 (118+4) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl AA) | BH: 52 | LD: 5 | Blight 32 | Static 40 | PARA VENOM (Off) | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8

[H:2,0] Amphis Serpens | HP: 363/900 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 50 (-20, 1/2) Static 40 (1/2), Blight 32 (1/2) | STUN IMM (0/3)

• Serpent’s Poison | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing normal attack damage in addition to inflicting an unmitigated DoT [15 DMG] effect that lasts 2 turns.

"What if those who protect you took the same stance and position that you are taking?  What if the tanks hid in their armor, drawing no ire and let the enemy slip by?  What if the warriors who stand with them dropped arms and simply stepped aside?"

Blueberry retracted from the words that he said. It didn't make any sense to her. "But..." It didn't really make sense for them to do that. People who went out and fought did it because they wanted to right? She had gone out occasionally with friends but that was because she wanted to be around those people. The ground began to vibrate a bit as the dual-headed serpent became full aware after Freyd had hit it hard enough to require it to reinstall its entire life. 

"What would you do, Blueberry, if the monsters enter your shop, and there is nowhere left to hide and no one left to die for your sake?"

Blueberry bit her lip. Freyd was agitating. Stubborn and agitating. Perhaps it was because he was one of the very few people that she hadn't been able to charm in some way. Blueberry turned away, her eyes beginning to tear up. "How is that supposed to even h-happen!" A few tears began to stream down her face. Ones out of anger. She had enjoyed her time here so far in Aincrad and here was some random guy telling her it had to change. She turned her head back to Freyd, an accusing look in her eyes. "Why are you doing this? Do you just want me to hit it? That's not going to do anything!" Even if she wanted to hurt the giant snake, it wasn't as if she could. 

Amphis Serpens finally was able to move properly after writhing on the ground from a brutal attack. Baring its fangs, it would sink them into Freyd, taking away a small chunk of his health bar. Blue's eyes widened. "Why are you just sitting there! Its hurting you!" 

Amphis Serpens takes 72 DMG

Amphis Serpens:
ID: 201817 | MD:6+1
DMG:125-18=107 DMG to Freyd

Freyd | HP: 853/960 | EN: 122/130 (118+4) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl AA) | BH: 52 | LD: 5 | Blight 32 | Static 40 | PARA VENOM (Off) | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8

[H:2,0] Amphis Serpens | HP: 291/900 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 50 (-20, 2/2) Static 40 (2/2), Blight 32 (2/2) | STUN IMM (1/3)

• Serpent’s Poison | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing normal attack damage in addition to inflicting an unmitigated DoT [15 DMG] effect that lasts 2 turns.

"Because that's exactly the point, Blueberry."  He had her attention, at least.  Shattering another person's world view was never without pain.  She might resent him forever for doing it, but it could keep her alive.  Life here wasn't sunshine and lollipops, no matter how much anyone tried to dress it up to be.  "By sitting idle, you've already denied yourself the ability to stop this monster."

Slamming his staff deep into the sand and kneeling to fix his position, Freyd denied the Amphis Serpens the purchase it required to drag him down.  But all he did was hold his ground.  There was no counterattack, and the injuries on his torso were real and plain for her to see.

"This is the choice we all make: to sit by and let others bleed, or be willing to stand up alongside them.  This is what it means to be a player in Kayaba's game, Blueberry.  This, is what it means to be Firm Anima!"

The second head latched on, its fangs piercing his left shoulder with a spray of red pixels that splattered to the sandy ground at his feet, only to be absorbed.  It was a swift reminder of all that would remain when they died: absolutely nothing.

"Just tell me that you are willing to try, and mean it.  That is good enough, as a first step."

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
Freyd regains 52 HP from BH

CD 1 (No REC proc) ID #201800
Grappling Familiar (CD 2/5)

Post Action | None
Free Action | None

Freyd | HP: 905/960 (853+52) | EN: 122/130 (118+4) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl AA) | BH: 52 | LD: 5 | Blight 32 | Static 40 | PARA VENOM (Off) | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8

[H:2,0] Amphis Serpens | HP: 291/900 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 50 (-20, 2/2) Static 40 (2/2), Blight 32 (2/2) | STUN IMM (1/3)

Blue watched as Freyd kneeled to the ground, his staff firmly implanted into the sand beneath him. As the other head took its bite, Berry winced from sympathy pain despite pain having been majorly reduced in Aincrad. Red shards rose into the air from the wounds that had opened up on Freyd's avatar. 

"By sitting idle, you've already denied yourself the ability to stop this monster."

Balling up her fists and stomping her fit like a child she would quickly argue, "I can't heal you, please stop!" More tears trickled down her face. Taking action, Blue ran over to the man and monster. Biting her lip, she pulled out a small frying pan from inside of her jacket. A button was pressed and suddenly the frying pan was much longer. Attempting to pry the creature off of the condescending man, she would only seal their fates even more. 

A hiss came from the creature as it reared back, pulling its fangs from Freyd. Snapping forward, the beast used both of its heads to attack separate targets. She just happened to be one of those targets. The great serpent sunk its fangs into her own shoulder, tearing at her flesh while injecting a poison into her body. Falling to her knees, her eyes would flicker to her health bar. 

Red. 

There was another funny new mark on it too. What was that? It wasn't one that she had seen before. All she knew was that the remainder of her health was slowly ticking away. 

Amphis Serpens:
ID: 201839 | MD: 10: Serpent's Poison Activated: PSN 15 (2/2)
DMG: 125-18=107 DMG to Freyd
DMG: 125-12=113 DMG to Blueberry

Freyd | HP: 798/960  | EN: 122/130 (118+4) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl AA) | BH: 52 | LD: 5 | Blight 32 | Static 40 | PARA VENOM (Off) | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8 | PSN 15(2/2)
Blueberry | HP: 47/160 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 2 | BLD: 12 | PARA | REC: 2 | PSN 15(2/2)

[H:2,0] Amphis Serpens | HP: 291/900 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 50 | STUN IMM (2/3)

Sand sprayed in the serpent's eyes - all four of them - as Freyd and Persi worked to tag team the field boss and end a stalemate of principles.  A twist and shift pulled the dark staff from the ground, neatly slipping the top through the open loop at the base of the panhandle in Blueberry's grasp. Twin clanks and hisses as the cast iron smashed unceremoniously against both heads, amidst a flurry of motion, producing simultaneous hisses and the release of jaws.  Snouts bashed and brutalized by a whirlwind of motion and flailing improvised kitchenware decimated the fierce Amphis Serpens, leaving it broken and beaten in the sands.  Both tongues hung limply from its mouths, the creatures eyes replaced by 'X'es and halos of rotating tweety-birds.  

A skilled thrown airborne, caught and then flipped handle first towards his ward, without a word.  Two sharp stabs caved both heads in and burst the beaten mob into a cloud of confetti, raining down at the same pace as Blueberry's health bar.

"That looks berry low," he said, mildly mocking, but with a sympathetic gaze.  "I wonder how far down it will go?"

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
Freyd regains 52 HP from BH
Freyd suffers 15 points of DOT damage

CD 9 (+8 EN from REC proc) ID #2018841
Grappling Familiar (CD 3/5)

Post Action | AoE-I (x15 AoE, 11 EN, +2 AoE Shift, +2/hit,): 15 EN - (Stamina) = 13 EN. 
Free Action | None

ID #201840 | BD: 2+8=10 (hit)  DMG (15*30=450-50=400)

Freyd | HP: 835/960 (960+52-15)  | EN: 121/130 (122+4+8-13) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl AA) | BH: 52 | LD: 5 | Blight 32 | Static 40 | PARA VENOM (Off) | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8 PSN 15(1/2)
Blueberry | HP: 47/160 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 2 | BLD: 12 | PARA | REC: 2 PSN 15(2/2)

[H:3,0] Amphis Serpens | HP: 0/900 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 50 | STUN IMM (2/3) (291-400)

Sitting on her knees, fear held her eyes open wide. The hiss the snake gave as it reared away from her body was almost taunting. It had chosen her fate. However, it wouldn't get to see her meet that fate. Suddenly, the darkly dressed man would strike again, and its life would end just as quickly. As Freyd casually finished, he turned and spoke. 

And Blueberry sobbed. 

It had been a while since she had cried like this. Nami had always been to get what she wanted. While she wasn't the brightest academically, she never really cared as long as she was having fun. This was anything but fun. She didn't want to be Freyd's friend anymore. The first person she didn't want to have a friend. Tears still streaming, she brought up both hands to wipe them. "I-I h-hate you!" Her words barely made it through her sobs. Freyd terrified her. He would just sit there and laugh while she died. What kind of person did that? "W-why did y-you come and b-bother me anyway? I was fine w-without you!" As her health ticked lower, even the slightest amount of damage would see her end. 

Blueberry | HP: 32/160 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 2 | BLD: 12 | PARA | REC: 2 PSN 15(1/2)

"So be it," Freyd responded with casual detachment.  "If that's what it takes to open your lives and help save the lives of the people around you, I will gladly pay it."  He stood to full height as the mob's corpse fell to dust all around them, the glaring orange tears in his body slowly starting to heal.   Poison dampened the effect, but not by much. Reaching into thin air, he summoned a small bottle that looked like it was meant to hold Tobasco, or some other similar hot sauce.  The contents were sickly green, with the consistency of vomited spinach and avocados.  It smelled even worse when he popped the stopper and offered it to her.

"You seem to be under the false assumption that this is at all about you.  It isn't.  It's about the people who will fight and stand up for you, and what you must be prepared to do to stand up for them.  How long have we all been in this nightmare, Blueberry?  Years.  And you've coped by concocting some childish fantasy where gumdrops and lolipops will somehow make it all okay, taking your sweet ass time dreaming up just the right-tasting sweet while other people risk their lives to get you out of here."

His foot kicked at the sandy soil, venting any malice and frustration downward, rather than at her.  His voice was calmer as he resumed speaking.

"Firm Anima isn't your neighbourhood club.  It's a group of people fighting for each others' lives.  Everyone pulls their weight as best they can, including being able to fight, because the time will inevitably come when you must.  You have some decisions to make.  Depending on how you make them, the guild may as well."

He took three steps back towards Nimbus before half-turning.

"I don't want to see you get hurt, Blueberry.  No more than I would anyone in the guild.  For what it's worth, I regret that a wake-up call was required, but will never regret providing it."

Freyd offers Blueberry:

Lesser-Duper Anti Snake Sauce (Salve) | Antidote 1
A small container of sickly green goo that actually does most of what it advertises, but also makes you gassy.

[159467]

Freyd was unrelenting, a detached voice replied to her own. The last of the poison effect made its mark, bringing her health down even lower. How much was left? Not enough to even matter. Anything but the weakest of enemies could finish what the snake couldn't. As Freyd spoke, Blue listened to even though she really didn't want to. 

As he held up his weird green sauce, Blue stuck out her tongue. "Ew. I think I'd rather die by the snake."  It smelled awful and she wouldn't be caught dead using it. She watched as he turned backed towards Nimbus and she quickly followed suit. Berry just wanted to get home and get away from Freyd. She would be fine not seeing him again honestly, but she doubt she would get that pleasure. He would be back with a more daunting task then the last. Honestly after a day like this, she just wanted to go home and sleep. She hadn't met someone like Freyd before. Was it even worth trying to befriend that? Had she met her match?

Opening her menu, various pop-ups immediately assaulted her. "Tier... 2?" She read aloud. Flipping through the menu further, she struggled to find the skills page. She hadn't visited it much to be honest. Finally finding it, she opened it and immediately looked the available skills. "... I can get First Aid now?" Selecting it, her points allocated into the first skill. A smug smirk rested on her face as she suddenly began spamming the Rank Up↑ button. Maxed instantly. Maybe this hadn't been the worst day. 

Watching as her health ticked gradually downward, Freyd's face remained unmoving.  A twitch at the corner of his lips when she refuses the antidote.  Foolish.  Stubborn.  But hope remained that she could awaken and be molded into a serviceable tool, for her own purposes and also the benefit of others.  A difficult transaction had been completed.  A hard lesson delivered and hopefully learned.  From his perspective, a point missed.  She had tried for the wrong reasons and clung to her delusions as justifications.  

'Better to let her season awhile and see if she grills herself into shape,' he thought, but kept to himself.  If she could break herself out of her current, there might be merit in future investment.  For now, he remained unconvinced of her worth - mainly because she seemed stubbornly resistant to the realities of their world, at least from his perspective.

"Tier... 2?... I can get First Aid now?"

Did that suddenly make it worth fighting for the sake of others?  Was this merely some veneer of insecurity?  

"Prove me wrong, Blueberry.  I'd welcome it."

Thread Summary:

image.png

5159 words / 30 = 171*5= 855*Tier
5159 / 300 = 17 seeds

Blueberry receives:

2226 EXP (Word Count [855*1] + 1000 [Quest] + 20% from event)
260 col (200 [1 page/2] + 30% from event)

17 Seeds (Event)
0 tags - ID: 201890 (CD 4); 201891 (CD 2); 201892 (CD 3)

Unlock: Ability to use Rig as a safe zone.

Freyd receives:

12312 EXP (Word Count [855*12] + 20% from event)
2660 col (200 [1 page/2] + 1846 [Laurel, +15% of EXP as col] + 30% from event)
15 mats (10 [tag] + 50% from event)

17 Seeds (Event)
1 tag - ID: X (CD 12); X (CD 4); X (CD 2)
(Gain: 10 materials, +5% EXP to the party)