[F9-PP] Mending

It had been days since her investigation with Freyd and the whole Nisa thing. It was exhausting just thinking about it all. She had yet to make that big decision, but there was one thing that she knew she had to do. The heat on this floor was killer, but she was dealing. If it meant that she had to be here to see her father then so be it. Standing by the door of his shop, she lifts a hand, but just stares at the door. A sigh as she starts to turn to walk off, she was scared. How could she tell her father that she felt abandoned even if it wasn't his fault. Eruda was always the one to jump right in as of late, Nisa was right about one thing, Freyja was hesitating but for what reason. Biting her lip as she began to walk away, not thinking she was ready to have such a conversation. Ko was standing at her feet, staring up at her. "Oh, don't give me that look." Freyja takes one step for as Ko shifts into her huge form. "I am not ready Ko, move..." Freyja takes one more step forward as Ko pounces at her, pinning her against the cavern looking wall that was her father's shop with a slamming impact. "DAMN IT KO," saying as she tries to nudge her familiar off with no success.

Spoiler

Freya,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 40
HP: 780/780
EN: 116/116

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 20
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
Battle Healing: 42
Loot Dice: 6
AA
BLD: 48
PHASE
REC: 4
V.O.: 85

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Final Calamity - Remorse (T4/Demonic/2HBA): Absolute Accuracy, Vampiric Offensive 1, Bleed 1, Phase
Armor: Dark Embrace - Sacrifice (T4/Perfect/Light Armor): Evasion 2, Recovery 1
Misc: Ebon Band - Truth (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Axe R5
Cloth Armor R5
Charge
Energist
Searching R5
Battle Healing R5

Active Mods:
Athletics
Tracking
Night Vision

Addons:
Nimble
Stamina
Precision
Ferocity

Active Extra Skills:
Concentration
Survival

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal x1
Numbing Hymn - Falter [T1/Rare/Debuff/Instant] -2 Evasion x5
Numbing Hymn - Falter [T1/Rare/Debuff/Instant] -2 Evasion x5
Flash of Rejuvenation [T1/Perfect/Crystal] Mass Heal x5

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

The constant slamming of a hammer on an anvil, echoing off the stone walls with each blow. Hard as work as always, not allowing himself to dwell on lingering thoughts or distractions. Atop his counter, a simple toy placed there a day prior that had found itself affixed there since. Sparks fly off of the heated slice of metal, washing the whole place with color. A flash on every attempt, more blades and weapons for the guild as the main smith. He enjoyed it, being as busy as he was, it helped stave off the pressing insanity. Vulcan seemed utterly convinced by a slab of slag that the smith had given the beast. He'd served his purpose well, after all. The weapon? A katana, for another up and coming member of the guild. As he lifts it and stares down the length of the blade, folds in the steel, taking with tired and yet experienced old hands. "That should do." Remarked as he drops it into water, allowing the billow of steam to cool him down a bit.

Spoiler

Griswold, The Forgemaster
Paragon Level: 28
HP: 897./897.
EN: 90/90

Stats:
Damage: 24
Mitigation: 207
Accuracy: 4
AA
FL. THRN: 16
TAUNT
THRNS: 72

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Fist of Gaia - Incline [T4/Demonic/Warhammer] Taunt, Accuracy 2, AA
Armor: Forgemaster's Rattlecage - Juggernaut [T4/Perfect/Heavy Armor] (Mitigation 3 [+72 Mitigation])
Misc: Titanic Wall - Foundation [T4/Demonic/Shield] Thorns 2 (72), Flame Thorns 2

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Hammer R5
Heavy Armor R5
Howl
Charge

Active Mods:
Steadfast
Shield Bash
Impetus
Elusive
Rally

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Iron Skin
Rampart
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Leadership R2
Block R5

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal x1

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor []: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Freyja's eyes narrow as she wasn't getting anywhere, the more she moved the greater pressure Ko used to keep her from leaving. "FINE, I go and talk with him." A twist of Ko's head. "I will right now, you win..." Ko pushes herself off her master now, shifting back into her small form. Right then the saber runs off and comes back rolling a rock twice her size toward the door. A half smile as she watches this determined creature sit and stare at the door. Taking a deep breath as she places her hands on the rocked door and shifts it to the side. "Griswold you in here," she was having her doubts and fears about how this conversation was going to transpire. Maybe it would be easier over a meal... maybe not. She just had to get it out somehow, wondering now if this was what Eruda felt like all that time. Not being able to say what she needed to. There wouldn't be any correcting of anything if she didn't say anything. She had to deal with this, no matter is was a bit harder because she hadn't spent a whole lot of time with him. Coming into this game gave her that chance, she just needed to get passed everything that she was feeling.

The out-of-the-blue moving of the stone, makes him pause for a moment with a pair of calipers still attached to that blade missing a handle. He perks up, assuming it was some customer that was brave enough to brave the floor's environment. But after it shifts a bit, instead it reveals one of his twins. One that had never shown up alone before. "Freyja?" He murmurs, pulling that blade from a vat of oil and leaving it on the top of his anvil. Caught in a muddied sense of what to do, how to approach this sudden visit. It wasn't every day one of your long-lost daughters showed up on your doorstep, helping themselves inside. Choking out with a bit of shock, "Y-yeah, I'm just..." His brown and plain eyes seeking that mallet and metalwork. "It's not important." Hesitating for a moment, walking around the landmines he was seeing in his head. "What brings you by?" He didn't want to overstep her boundaries, she was a woman now, and he gave her, her space.

A narrow of her brows with small smile. Ko rolls that rock past their feet toward Vulcan. Nudging it toward the large creature, Ko sits to watch what he would do with it. The was a dozen reasons racing through her brain why she didn't want to be here and just as many excuses why she wanted to leave. "Would you believe me if I said I was just passing through and decided to just stop by to say Hi." Trying to make a face that would sell. The truth of the matter, who the hell would come here willy nilly as a day planned. Certainly not her, it was too god damn hot around these parts. She knew exactly why she was here, but she didn't want it to be because of Nisa. She really did want to make up for lost time, but she was not sure how. All that time gone, she didn't even know how to act around him anymore. Leaning against the door frame now she looks down with a frown, as she fiddled with her fingernails.  

Edited by Freya

A nervousness hung in the air, neither knowing really how to have this conversation. Griswold pivots on his heels, and takes a tiny, almost insignificantly to his stature stool. Placing it down as he rounds the counter, he drops into it. Vulcan eyes him with a whine, as if pleading for an allowance. "She brought it for you, goon, better not decline." The flame kiln sets ablaze and snaps a jaw around it, pebbles falling out in streams of heated rock as his butt wiggles. A chuckle as he taps the side of his walking furnace like palming concrete, his attentions shift to Freyja. "I would, given you're here. You don't really need a reason to come visit Freyja. How's that scythe of yours doing?" Trying to break the tension with some small talk seemed best. As he shifts his weight, that poor stool screams for dear life. The creaking sounded definitely like 'KILL ME'

"I know, I just..." Freya couldn't look at him. Asking about her weapon she couldn't help but nervously chuckle. "It has been a huge new adventure. I am still learning how to use it properly." There was so much power to it and so much back round to it. Controlling it was not the issue, she knew she was strong enough, it was just all the baggage that came with it. It was weird, she has accepted what she had done with Tuatha's help, but she was still trying to figure out exactly what she was supposed to do with that knowledge. Shaking her head slightly, now wasn't the time for those thoughts though. "I am going to be honest, I was terrified to come here. Not because of you per say I just don't know how to be around you... I use to be a huge daddy's girl then..." stopping mid sentence as tears start to swell in her eyes. 

Edited by Freya

The sudden warble in the girl's tone caught him off guard, making it hard to swallow. Vulcan had sense finished his given stone, and starts to lay down. The familiar Ko poking at the lazy slouch, who was all tuckered out from a day of smithing. A snort as he lets all that air out. Griswold leans forward on, applying an elbow to his right knee cap. "Don't be, we don't have to be strangers. I just didn't really know where I am supposed to be. Yeah, I'm your dad, but that doesn't mean I can just show up and expect to be a part of your life." The voice was a bit broken, for even he had emotional baggage regarding the subject. "But this doesn't need to be so heavy, I've got something for you." The stool squeaks as the massive man raises, slightly expanding when the pressure is gone. Behind the counter, he kneels low and disappears almost completely behind it. One can hear the sounds of rustling, as he shuffles through some stuff stored here. From the bottom, a tiny and smooth polished turtle of a yellowish metal. "I never had the chance to give you this."

"Aww," a tear drips down her face as she pulls that small metal horse out and takes the turtle. That stallion that she got from him when Freyja first realized who he was. "I remember all these different animals were littered around the house. Baby Anna loved them too. She would keep trying to put them in her mouth." A small chuckle as she remembers what Eruda told her about Shiina and Anna. Was it true, a pained look across her face. There was so much that she wanted to tell Griswold but she didn't know how. 

Instead Freyja wipes her tears and thinks about happy things. "So Gaius and I have gotten pretty serious," she sets those tiny toys on the counter's edge. Pulling out the ring that Gaius gave her and sets it on her finger. "He ask me to marry him and I said yes." Glancing to Griswold to see is face shift a bit. "I want you to ease up on the man because I want you to walk me down the isle and I don't want you to kill him when we get to the other side..."

"It's yours." Griswold offers it to the girl with a slide, watching her pick it up he couldn't be happier. "I got a bit carried away, I reckon." Griswold chuckles, his thoughts getting stuck on Anna for a moment. But he wouldn't sour this with drudging up the past. She almost immediately devolves into a child like wonder, a smile painted upon her face within a moment passing. Then she mentions Gaius, and just like one would expect a dad to do, his smile changes into a raised eyebrow and a scowl. "That boy, is he still being an idiot all the time?" The grumble of a concern. "You could probably do better." The funny thing was, Griswold saw quite a bit of himself in that lad, and that was what scared him. Because that meant he was rowdy and wild, like he was in his youth. Problem was, it wasn't until he popped out a couple of kids that he wised up and started thinking straight. He wasn't ready to be a grandpa just so the idiot figured out his life.

Another chuckle as she remembers mother stepping on them in the middle of the night, just hearing her yell. It was a bit satisfying thinking about it now, knowing everything she had done. "Mmh, not as often. He has become a lot more serious in that matter, he still has his moments but it all works out in the end." Thinking for a moment, "That's the thing, even if I could do better, I wouldn't want it. That first time I saw him, that spark was there. I really don't care that he is an idiot at times. All that matters to me is that we love each other and without the other half of that coin we are nothing. We make one another stronger and I'm not just talking power. I am saying this straight from my heart." Her chest started to pound just from the thought of Gaius. "I am happy, like really happy. Please try to understand, get to know him, you might be surprised." At this time she places a tiny hand on her father's shoulder.

Edited by Freya

Another grumble as the girl's hand finds his shoulder, a long time coming. "Surprising, maybe I finally knocked some sense into him." His face twists into a smile, trying to be happy about it. "If you're sure, I suppose I can try and lighten up a bit. But don't expect me not to deck him one if he gets out of line." He chuckles for a moment, as Vulcan finally gets his lazy ass up and his feet click upon the stone floor. "What? I don't have any more you fat stone." A whine, sees the smith kneel down and wiggling the beast. "I guess I need something." Toward the entry that was still opened up, and as his shoulder would leave Freya's clutches, the slight flicker of red flame bleeds between the two. Tossing another stone into the building, it rolls to a stop and the walking furnace glows with excitement. "That's the last one you are getting tonight, I ain't cleaning up any more caked on stone."

"You know I can do that myself, already done it once." A chuckle with the man. As Freyja's hand was released, a red flame follows him for a slight second. Stopping dead, staring at her hand, it couldn't possibly be Griswolds flame. His lit Orange as Eruda's lit blue. Was Nisa really right, was that really not a dream? That tiny spark of red flame vanished the moment it appeared, but it was there. "Holy..." saying as Griswold brings in another stone for his giant burning familiar. Looking down at Ko now, it seemed as though Ko was watching her. "I..." There were really no words to what was going on in her brain right now. A brow raised at her saber, "You saw that right?" Ko nods her head. Giving a huff as she turns to her father. That meal that she first made when she was younger, she wanted to recreate it. It seemed fitting right now because whatever she was doing, it was working...

"Come to my house, I want to make dinner for you. I don't want this to end just yet. Please," placing her hands behind her back as she leans down to pick up her tiny Saber, placing her on the shoulder where she sat calmly.  

Edited by Freya

A bit of hesitation, and exhaustion setting in. He was an old man, and had been at it for quite a while. Also, the thought of having to deal with that idiot after working all day wasn't quite enthusing either, when he'd said he would try he wasn't exactly meaning right this second. "Oh, alright." He couldn't convince himself to decline, and he moves toward the back. There was a nervousness in a 'dad is my date to the prom' kinda way. Tapping his neck with a white rag, trying to get some soot off his hands and face. Back into the center, he reaches for that stool and moves it out of the walkway. He didn't really need or have a change of clothes. "Keep an eye on the place for me." Nudging the familiar with his foot almost to the point he'd roll. Vulcan made for a good shopkeeper in his own right.

"Great," excitement filled her voice. Gesturing a hand toward the door to allow him to go first, she didn't want him to randomly run back in, changing is mind. Freyja grabs the horse and turtle off the edge of the counter. Walking out after him, she closes the rocky door behind them. "It will be great I promise." Walking through that heat one more time, she felt a bit better than she did when she first arrived. Regardless, this meal she was about to make had to be perfection in everyone possible. 

Taking a gate as she waits for Griswold to go through first, they both arrive on the floor intended. Walking through her door, hearing Gaius yell at the other little shit, Boris makes a startling noise and falling out of the cupboard as the door swing open and Boris comes rolling out the kitchen as Ko jumps off her shoulder and pounces right on her tiny friend. The bear yelps as he runs up the stairs with the Saber running after him. Gaius was already in the kitchen, the house smelt amazing upon entry. "OH good your home, you're helping me. Take a seat," telling Griswold as she rushed to Gaius side. 

"Rice, scrambled eggs and toast. Make them however you want, please, please, please help me. It is really important. I will help with the guild prep when we are done" This was said in a quick whisper begging voice toward Gaius. Taking out some stuff for prep, putting her lips inches from his ear, "I told him," as she began to rush through the kitchen.

Edited by Freya

Out of nowhere, Freya was home, and by the time he can even acknowledge the fact after shoving Boris out of the kitchen. The little ass just couldn't stay out of the pantry ever. Freya breaks the news and her little plan to him. "What!? Helping you with what?" Gaius barks with his hand creating a cup around his mouth. "Are you crazy?" Taking a peek out the window. Griswold was sitting at the counter, and he quickly darts back out of view. "He's here to kill me, isn't he. I knew this was going to happen." Ruffling his hair nervously, trying his best to remain out of the tiny little opening that showed the rest of the building away. "I had so much left to live for." He sighs and fiddles with the burner, contemplating the best course of action to get the hell out of here. Eyes wide, as he looks toward the walls in the back of the kitchen. Why didn't he make this part of the building have any escape hatches.

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon
Paragon Level: 25
HP: 780/780
EN: 110/110

Stats:
Damage: 29
Mitigation: 50
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 2
Battle Healing: 31
Loot Dice: 6
BLD: 48
FLN: 16
H.M.: 6

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Eye of the Gale - Brionac [T4/Demonic/2HAS] - Fallen 2, Bleed 2 (8-10)
Armor: Dragoon's Mantle - Fervor [Heavy] (T3/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Heavy Momentum
Misc: Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]

Skills:
Polearm R5
Heavy Armor R5
Charge
Energist
Fighting Spirit
Battle Healing R4

Active Mods:
Impetus
Energize

Addons:
Ferocity
Stamina
Iron Skin
Hyperactive

Active Extra Skills:
First Aid R3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal x1
Bird Seed (T2/Rare/Snack) Vitality 2 x1
Crystal of Divine Light [201986a] x1

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor []: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Seeing Gaius freak the fuck out, Freya looks at the food on the stove and sets it off the burner for a moment. Dragging him quickly to the storage room so that they were out of Griswolds view. All the way to the back, that one empty wall, she pushes him against it. Taking his face is her hands softly brushing the side of his hair. "Gaius, everything is fine. You are fine, when I told him he was calmer than normal. He is tired and probably starving." Gazing into his eyes with sincerity. Giving him a quick peck on the cheek and pulls him into a hug. Holding him tightly with her head against his neck, waiting for him to stop freaking out. After a moment she brings head up with her hands now against his chest. "It was the first meal that I ever made for him at a very young age that I royally fucked up, show him that you are a master chef. We are getting somewhere with him. Show him your best work..." Standing there with her gaze locked to his, making sure he was okay with all of this. "Help me give him that meal to remember, please." 

The guy looked like he was about to blow a gasket. "Freya, everything is not fine. You brought your dad in here, the last time we 'hung out' he told me he'd kill me. That was before he knew that we were going to yanno~" A whistle as he pops his head back toward the window. "I love the idea of giving him a full plate of food, to give him all the energy he needs to beat me to death with a table. Have you seen him? The guy is like a walking brick house." Turning the burner back up, and continuing the hunk of steak he was working on for the guild. Sometimes Freya was absolutely insane. Through his head: oh by the way Gaius I am bringing my dad home, cook him breakfast food at like 4 pm in the afternoon. He totally isn't going to kill you given you and me just got engaged. The thoughts poured through his head, trying his best to keep himself calm with the mental bickering. Why was this a good idea?

ID:202371 | Battle:5, Craft:2+1, Loot:12 (Gaius is the distract)

Walking out from the back, shaking her head. Grabbing a pan and pot from the cupboards, placing them on the burners that were not being used, "Okay then, show him you're a scaredy cat. You will so get on good terms with him that way." Saying this as a whisper and a small grin. If he was not going to help then she would try her best by herself. Maybe she would fuck up and that will light a fire under his ass to help. It usually always did. For some reason Gaius loved making her mad by correcting her work. If it was not perfect then it was not food to him. Grabbing some eggs, cracking them into a bowl, she added some milk and a bit of seasoning. Beginning to beat the eggs as she glances at Gaius. His eyes were wide as they were locked to the steak. Rolling her eyes as she pours the eggs into the pan. At the last minute she decides to make an omelet. While that was cooking, she pours some water in the pot as she starts to prepare the rice. Pouring the right amount of rice in a bowl she begins to rinse it under luke warm water. "I was hoping to show him how well we worked together in the kitchen, that we weren't just a team on the field," a small voice that she hoped that Gaius would hear. 

ID:202372 | Battle:3, Craft: 9+1, Loot:13

Edited by Freya

Sliding that steak onto a plate and allowing it to cool. "I ain't scared, I am just smart enough to know not to die. Part of getting older." Watching Freya just wing her ass through a million attempts at cooking what she was trying to. "Why are you doing it like that!?" Gaius bubbles up, she was getting a rise out of him almost deliberately as she drops a damn eggshell into the pan by cracking it on the side of a bowl. "Watch." He moves her off to the side, and with an index and a thumb taps it once on the edge of the pan. Right into the thing, one solid movement, and he casts the shell back into the carton. The damn thing could still be unopened it was so smooth. "Now you handle that." His eyes peer through the window, and he sighs. Griswold and him lock eyes for a moment, and he can feel a crawl up his spine. 'Daddy dearest' raises an eyebrow. "Grab me some cilantro." His eyes look down to the countertop with a gulp. "And a few cheeses."

ID:202373 | Battle:9, Craft:12+1, Loot:17 (Fuck if I ain't a chef)