[PP - F22] A Thousand Words... {Mina and Morgenstern}

Free download Rose garden 126077 High Quality and Resolution Wallpapers on  [1920x1080] for your Desktop, Mobile & Tablet | Explore 42  Rose Garden  Wallpaper Desktops | Garden Screensavers and Wallpaper, Beautiful Flower

a gentle breeze flowed through the air around the Morning Rose manor, rustling the leaves on the various plants within the surrounding garden. Birds could be heard chirping and trilling to their hearts content, the peaceful morning sun giving off a gentle warmth that made it feel perfect. a peal of laughter suddenly echoed across the grounds, followed by loud footsteps. Violet was running around the garden, inspecting all of the flowers present, and taking in the sweet fragrance produced by each one. Dahlia's, Peonies, Magnolia's, Wisteria blossoms, Cherry blossoms, lilies, and Roses of every color were strewn all along the the beds and tree's, the myriad of colors absolutely mesmerizing.

Violet was wearing a simple white button down shirt, and a flowing pink skirt, a pink and gold shawl draped over her shoulders. She was running around barefoot, giggling as she skipped across some stepping stones. Her hair was tied in a small bun, a few gold-rimmed red roses woven into the band. A loud chirp echoed behind her as Akame fluttered alongside her mad dash across the field. Violet's feet suddenly gleamed pink as she made use of the charge skill to throw herself into the air, her hands grasping at a tree branch. A few moments later, and she was hanging upside-down on one of the lower hanging branches of one of the Wisteria trees, her eyes glittering with delight at being so close to the beautiful purple blooms. "Maa, akame... It's like a dream living here!" she breathed, stroking the tiny dragon. "This place looks like it came straight out of a fairy tale!"

not only did the manor look like it had been ripped straight out of a story book, but so did the person who owned it. Her precious sunshine was what made this house, and this lovely garden, feel like a true home. The halls would feel so cold and empty without his presence, without his warmth to keep her company. Violet nuzzled Akame, a soft blush crossing her face. She was so utterly hopeless, wasn't she? It was times like this where Violet truly felt like a kid again, when she couldn't help but be head over heels for him. And it truly felt as though that bond was requited, and growing stronger every day.

Jonathan Morgenstern, the boy she felt that she didn't deserve in the slightest, who she was utterly and irrevocably in love with. 

The flower garden was never for him. In fact, it hadn't even existed at his original residence on the 19th floor which was actually amazingly close to Rikers Edge. Still to this day, anybody could walk the abandoned halls of the Morningstar Mansion. It was left deserted after the Ascendants fell as he himself had fallen to despair. The Morning Rose Manor was different. It was... happier. New life had bloomed here and it was one he could feel comfortable at. Brilliant blooming colors beamed as their hues almost seemed to dance in the sunlight. There was only one thing that set apart from the dreamy atmosphere. 

Him.

He himself couldn't become at ease with the situations at hand. He had done his best to make Mina think everything was okay because he didn't want to trouble her with his feelings. However, it seemed that if he wanted to fix he problem he would have to fix the source of it. He had told Raidou to stay away from Mina, and yet he found her instead on the Frontlines joined in his group. Mina had a tendency to dive headfirst into dangerous situations and everyone just seemed to let her. The Arbiters, Firm Anima, everyone but him. One day, she would find herself in a trouble and he wouldn't be able to protect her. Then, he would lose her just like he had the Ascendants. He couldn't take that. Was he right for asking her to stop? Or would this be the end of 'them'.

He would find her, hanging upside down from a branch of the Wisteria tree. Placing his hands in the pocket of his white and gold jacket, a smile would play on his face as he walked up. "Having fun up there?" He asked, his head tilted slightly up so that he could see her eyes. He loved Mina, but he couldn't afford to lose her. He couldn't trust Rosa or Raidou not to ruin that for him. 

Violet looked down at Jon, a crooked smile appearing on her face. "G'morning, Sunshine~!" Violet purred, her smile widening. Her precious sunshine had come to brighten up her day once again. Akame chirped, before launching herself down at Jon, the tiny familiar excited to see the blond man just as much as her master was. After a few moments of scrabbling at his face, and letting out a variety of chirps and cries, she seemed to settle down around Jon's shoulders, letting out a final, contented, chirp. Violet giggled at the sight. Akame was a nice balance between the warmth of Jon's presence, and the chilly winter of her own. Her little lady was the moon, cool and special, and eagerly poking her head up whenever Jon wasn't there to comfort her.

in all honesty, Akame was a precious blessing that she hadn't even known she'd needed until she showed up. It was easier to live, honestly, with the tiny dragon helping Jon thaw away the chilling pain that had accrued recently... The bittersweet memories of the Ascendants still near-constantly played around her head, making her resent having disappeared from view during such a critical point in her former guild's life. She probably could've saved a few lives by just showing up, and maybe been able to help with the healing afterwards... Maybe then Jon and Itzal wouldn't have gone down such a dark spiral in such a short time. But the aftermath had left the guild gone, reduced to atoms, the vast majority of them either dead, missing, or not speaking to each other for various reasons.

Rosa had gone completely missing, and had resigned as the leader of the Arbiters. Nary an apology or goodbye, she had just disappeared. Violet had panicked at first, but realized shortly afterwards that panicking would only lead to Jon worrying that she was going to get herself hurt again charging in recklessly. He panicked any time something bad happened to her, or any time she'd thrown herself headfirst into a dangerous situation. She didn't want to scare him over her safety, as he was already easy to worry. He was too young to be stressing about her like that. So as much as she was stressed and worried about the safety of her longtime friend, she decided to put Jon first for once, and not worry about trying to play the hero.

Her own hero was standing right in front of her.

Her hand reached down, and she gently brushed the tips of her fingers against his cheek. Deep scarlet met Ocean blue, the color almost hypnotizing. Violet felt her heart nearly skip a beat, a faint blush dusting her cheeks. She could get lost in those pretty blues if she wasn't careful. "Wanna join me up here? Its pretty relaxing to sit in the trees like this, and its a little lonely without you up here with me! Besides, I kinda wanna discuss something with you!" her fingers left his cheek, and were extended in a beckoning gesture now, her other hand patting the branch she was sitting on. She was practically bouncing on the tree, almost with a childish excitement. "C'mon, C'mon! It looks really cool up here, Jon! I want you to see the view too!"

• 2 weeks later...

Turning her attention towards him, Violet smiled brightly as greeted him. Returning the warmth, Jon would then be greeted by Violet's feathery dragon, Akame. After a moment rubbing against his face, Violet's familiar found its place resting on his shoulder. The creature was lucky his own familiar didn't stick around too often. The ice crystal dragon was prideful and seemed to enjoy keeping his own space. Jonathan never called on it too much in the first place. 

Fingertips brushed his cheek and his thoughts returned to Violet who carried a loving expression in her eyes. She invited him up and while he would hesitate for a moment, he join her up in the branches. "I kinda wanted to talk about something too... but you can go first. I'll listen." His voice was quieter than normal and it seemed almost passive as if it wasn't directed at Mina. 

Staring off into the distance he couldn't help but tell her. "You know, you just see this from the house. Don't have to be in a tree." 

• 1 month later...

Violet looked at him with a sad expression. "... Jon.." she mumbled, furrowing her brows. "... No, I think you need to go first.. You sound so distant... is there something that we need to really discuss..? Have... have I done something wrong..?" Violet glanced up at the higher part of the trees, the sadness on her face deepening. It was painful to think about it, because she was starting to feel a bit selfish for not having asked him something like this before now. It was a sharp aching sensation that made her heart hurt, and she hated it desperately. She gently prodded Jon in the chest. "Remember what I said about how I'll be there for you if you need me..? I'll set aside what I want to discuss for now, just please talk to me... Please..?"

"Just share what you're feeling, I want you to be happy too. I can't do that if you won't share it with me." She plucked off one of the flower clusters from the branch that hung above her head. Since when did this have to be so painful... She just wanted him to be happy too.