[F11 - OP] Christmas Chaos (aka Come Eat All Of Koga's Food)

Mel, awkward as ever and not really having the confidence or social skills of Astreya, managed a thin smile and a nod of greeting. She mentally kicked herself for not being adept at these types of functions, but then again her standard operating procedure for parties was either, not go or escape to her room at the earliest available opportunity. Neither of which were options for the present. 

Yet all too swiftly her friend abandoned her with some near total strangers and dashed off. Melodie wanted to call her back, but held her tongue. Things were awkward enough without her saying, don't leave me alone because I don't know anyone. "Hey." Melodie le Breton managed to say after a nervous smile at the other much higher level girl.  

Edited by Melodie le Breton
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A pout appeared on her face as her drink was snatched away, a swig taken by the larger man before it would be returned from her. Examining on how much was taken, she glanced over to his crate. Why didn't he just get his own? "They're not going to stop showing up. Apparently normal people don't eat sweets for every meal or something." A look was shot to Koga briefly. Another drink of the wine would bring a smile to her face. Shame it couldn't get them anywhere. Drunk people were far easier to make friends with, their guards almost dropped at that point. 

"Yogurt? It's called a parfait and you know it! Besides, I make other stuff. Mostly Cookies." Her eyes fell to the side. How had he known what she had made at all? She didn't think she had seen him around her shop. Perhaps it was while she was busy actually making things. 

As the topic shifted to her choice in weapon, the girl shrugged. "I don't fight so it get's used for actual cooking then actually hitting things." Opening her inventory, she brought out the pan. At first, it appears to be a normal frying pan, but on the click of a button the handle sprang far longer. "Sometimes I cook farther away for a challenge." Putting the weapon away, the girl would continue to listen to the conversation. She would only shrugged when cards was brought up for discussion. 

@Gaius @Koga

"Oooh, 'Indulge' is such a good word!" Astreya commented, the girl getting a little bit more excitement out of just the general increased vibe of the entire situation.  Things had been relatively quiet for a time and she was a little uncertain exactly on how things were going to proceed.  Koga was hosting this party, but he himself had admitted that he didn't really know much about running the whole thing or throwing one- he'd just sort of done so to try and meet more people.  Hopefully that had succeeded, but there wasn't much going on at the moment- just a lot of mingling.

However, unlike Nari, Astreya wasn't at all put off by the idea of cards in the slightest and couldn't help but to grin slightly as she moved a bit more back toward Gaius.  "So like, you talking poker or one of those weird card games with all the dumb humor?" she spoke, grinning like a cat despite the fact that she was calling the card games 'dumb.'  "Like, can you get playing cards here?  I've never actually tried," she admitted, not sure exactly how the crafting really worked.  She was still trying to figure out her own, for the moment.

"Oooh, we can bet sweet snacks!  Winner gets to eat them all!" she called suddenly, not sure if that's what Blue meant at all by the idea of only eating sweets (a habit that Astreya herself shared) but the idea of betting fruit tarts, cupcakes and cookies was kind of a goofy idea all on its own that she really liked.  "What do you think, Nari?  Melodieeee!  Astralinnnn!  You two wanna play cards!?" Astreya called over to the other two, cupping both hands over her mouth as she hollered at them.

@Nari-Lanreth @Melodie le Breton @Astralin @Gaius @Blueberry

Nari will stare between this giant man, who stood smiling and offering a good time, and Astreya – who had shown her such kindness and had brought her into…a party. And now here she was – attempting to bring Nari and…how many others? Into a game of…cards.

“I – I’m not…not so sure about…I mean…I’m sure you will all –“ Nari tried to get the words out as Astreya began tugging her towards the table. She realised suddenly that there was no real resisting what was about to happen. “I…guess. What is the worst…that could happen…”

Her words carried a bit of hesitation, but Nari felt herself giving in physically as well as mentally to what was about to occur. If nothing else…she’d made it this far, right?

“Uhm…I guess…but you’ll have to teach me how to play!” She whispered the last words at Astreya, hoping no one else caught onto her words – she didn’t want to look foolish in front of them all, after all.

@Astreya

Spoiler

Word Count: 163

OOC: Rollie rules, roll the dice, use LD. Highest wins, no modifiers. In the event of a tie is a 'push'

Cards: ID:203394 | Battle:2, Craft:12, Loot:15

Shuffling the food over, and reaching into a pocket on his coat. "Glad I snagged these from Simmone." he chuckled and lifted open the box, starting to deal cards across. Two to each player. "I mean, you're welcome to show up and pick something out for yourself. It's like 'fancy' food, dunno, just kinda wing it. Which why I didn't teach Blue squat. Being a chef is about following your gut. Good food isn't math." a glance to Nari, the girl was undoubtedly uncomfortable. He could smell it on her. Like body odor.

Placing a couple down in front of him, and slowly twisting them up to peer beneath. 'fuck a 16, is that going to be enough?' The thought rushed through his head. He'd scan the others, Nari seemed uncomfortable. Astreya was already bouncing in her chair. This wasn't going to go anywhere. Did they even understand the game

"It's blackjack, aces are 1 or 11, Jack through king are 10's. Get as close to 21 without going over." 

Edited by Gaius

"Most people don't eat sweets for every meal, Blue," Koga pointed out to the girl. "It's unhealthy." Yes Koga was aware he probably just earned himself a solid fifteen minutes of ire from the girl. No, he did not care, he had to prove a point.

"I'm always down for some cards!" Koga said, suddenly finding his second wind at the prospect of card games. He'd always loved them, as a kid all the way through college. "Whatever the stakes, I'm in," he said before quickly clearing away some room on the table by moving the food to the counter. Enough chairs were already present for four, so the other players were free to take a seat while Koga went to graba  chair from another room quickly before returning and seating himself. Between who? Who knew!

As soon as Gaius had mentioned the name of the game, Koga grinned. "Oh, I love this game. Used to play it all the time with my family," he said before looking at the cards in his hand. He gestured for Gaius to deal him one more card before stopping.

| 203417, LD 16

Edited by Koga

It seemed that there was much more to it than what he was seeing.  Yona had talked about her own experience with things like this, but it was brief compared to the sudden commotion of one man and his two animals.  Suddenly, it seemed like the place got a bit livelier, as he brought in a reason to move around a bit more.  Apparently, the little bear that had gone to town on the deviled eggs had come over with a small cherry, as an offering to @Yona.

"Well isn't that nice of you.  You're a lot nicer than another bear cub that I know.  He would have destroyed the table by now."

Hirru was speak softly to the little one before looking over to the man, apparently named Gaius, as the pink haired one alluded to.

"Hey, do they mostly eat your cooking, or do they mind whatever?"

He asked while pulling out a couple decently sized steaks, still raw, from his inventory.  It was just one of the hundreds of materials that he collected from farming mobs and other creatures.  These were from beasts on the 22nd floor, so they were more natural than others.  Taking the now empty plate that Boris had taken care of, he would place the raw meat on the plate and set it nearby, but away from guests.  That way, they could be content, without bothering others.

"There we go.  Be sure to share now."

@Gaius

Edited by Hirru

"Yeah!  Baking's like, more science-y but cooking's all about feeling and gusto and, like, all of that," Astreya agreed with a small nod toward Gaius, before beaming a smile over toward Koga at his approach.  "Oooh, welcome back to the fun, Koga!  Time to lose all your sweet treats!" she cheered.

As the cards were dealt, Gaius' own thoughts on the young woman were right on- she practically was bouncing in her seat in anticipation.  Getting to play a game, a mutual game at that, with everyone else was like a dream come true for the young woman.  She was excited to see people getting together and playing, and she couldn't help but to find some excitement in the whole of it.  Of course, as two cards were dealt, she was quite aware, almost immediately of the game they were playing.  She played up the flighty, ditzy persona when there were a lot more people around as it made it more easy to be accepted and to be looked over as she wasn't someone to be worried about or feared.

In fact, as she was explained the rules, she gave Gaius a wide grin.  "Okay cool!  I like, totally played this one on my phone, so I think I remember how it works," she spoke, nodding along as she was dealt the two cards.  Eighteen.  The question was, did she play off beginner's luck or take another card from the ditz pile?  For Astreya, the choice was obvious!

"The goal is like, to get to twenty-one, right?  Hit me!" she called with a grin, the next card reading '7'.  "Dannng!  This game is like, so hard," she spoke, shaking her head slightly as she pushed the cards back toward Gaius.

Roll ID: 203450
LD: 10

Mel decided to accept Astreya's offer of cards, not that she knew how to play a card game to save her life... Besides surely saying no might draw more attention to herself and it may even hurt her friend's feelings. Melodie never had that many friends to begin within in game to afford just being able to upset them, thus risking the friendship. Forming friendships happened to be a lot more difficult than it looked. "Er... Sure." Melodie said, making her way over to Astreya and trying to work out how this card game thing worked. 

Not quite ready to jump into the game yet, at least not without seeing how it’s played, Nari will take a position behind Astreya, eyeing the movements of the card game.

“Uhm… I may… I may join in next… round?” She was fairly sure these things played in rounds.

Watching as the cards were dealt out, Nari had to resist the urge to raise her hand as Astreya suddenly called out “Hit me!”, her confusion answered as she was passed another card.

A brown haired girl joining the table caught Nari’s eye, her expression one of slight hesitation and lack of enthusiasm at being there. Nari gave the girl a slight, shy nod – an attempt at some form of communication.

‘I guess… I’m not exactly the only one who has… issues. It shouldn’t really be a surprise… I mean, isn’t that why a lot of us escape to the virtual world…?’

Spoiler

Word Count: 151

The brunette seemed to shy to make any response other than a greeting. The poor thing.

It wasn't long before Astreya came back to invite the two players to playing cards. "Sure, why not?" Astralin responded. She came over to where the game was being played, and learned that it was Blackjack...which she'd never learned how to play. "Oh...hmm, hold on a sec..." Didn't she have a notepad full of various game rules and social tips in her inventory? She remembered having one, but she could be wrong. So she opened up her menu to look for it.

Unfortunately, she was a bit too hasty as she scrolled through, and three books accidentally spilled out of her inventory. "Oops!"

One Book had a simple leather cover, and it was labeled with "Alchemy Notes". Another book had a much more complex cover, with plenty of mystifying symbols, as well as star and galaxy inspired design patterns on it. The last book to have fallen out had a white cover, and it had a lock as well. Upon the center of the white cover was a golden six-pointed star with the roman numeral VII on it.

Astralin began putting the books back into her inventory, starting with the white covered one, which she returned to her inventory rather hastily. She then put away her Alchemy notes, followed by her Skillbook.

"Ehehe, sorry about that." She said with a slightly awkward smile. She kept a smile on her face as she got herself ready to play, but... "I have no idea what I'm doing." Astralin's thoughts reminded her.

@Astreya @Melodie le Breton @Koga @Gaius

ID# 203452 LD: 5

Edited by Astralin

The half-drunk didn't take Yona's reaction too well, but hey, it was him barging in with semi-wild animals digging into everything that- wait, was the bear offering to split a cherry? She wasn't too sure about it, so she shook her head, politely declining the bear's offer. She also noticed that Hirru had set aside some raw meats to pull the animals' attention away from the players' food. Thank goodness...

Yona was now calm enough to start eating at a more normal pace, but that calm left once she heard one of the players call out betting sweets on a card game, that the winner gets to eat them all.

"Oh shit, I gotta get in on this before I miss out!!" Yona thought.

Yona headed right over to the cards. "Deal me in." Yona decided. The results might not have been favorable as of the moment, but if lots of sweets were on the line...well, she wasn't one to give up easily.

@Gaius @Hirru @Astreya @Koga @Nari-Lanreth

ID# 203453 LD: 9

Edited by Yona

When had it gotten so damn loud at this party? A single newcomer entered Koga's house and all of a sudden she couldn't even hear the music playing from the other side of the room. It was like the energy of half of the party just suddenly increased at the same time. It wasn't just that.. there was something about this new guy that made her uncomfortable. She had no idea who he was, but his boisterous personality reminder her of someone from her past she'd rather forget. 

Jevi seemed to almost close herself in, her arms folding into each other with a palm on each of her elbows, gaze turning to the ground. The closed off girl in the corner with the resting bitch face, suddenly appearing weak and afraid with just a single, traumatizing memory. "Thanks." she simply said to NIGHT, before her chin turned towards the door. "I-I'm not feeling so well all of a sudden.. maybe I should get out of here. I don't want to keep you from enjoying the rest of the party anyway."

@NIGHT

Results:
Gaius | 15 (a 16)
Koga | 16 (a 17)
Astreya | 10 (an 11, bust?)
Astralin | 6 (a 7)
Yona | 9 (a 10)
Winner: Koga

Second Hand: ID:203609 | Battle:1, Craft:5, Loot:11

After dealing out respective cards to those who wanted an extra or two. "Reveal." The man barked, flipping his over, and a cocky grin scans the various hands. Some over, while others were so drastically low. It looked like he'd won out, Hell yeah. Then he finds Koga's and his heart sinks. "Fuck, guess you got me." The man chuckles, dumping a handful of cookies into the pile from his inventory. What a weird mode of currency, but he wasn't to argue the stakes, given he'd lost. Better this than actual cash.

Turning in the given chair and peering over his shoulder. "Should be fine, I think when he was bigger he ate deer and shit whole? They usually just eat whatever they get into. Or Freya makes." It wasn't something he really thought about these days and was fixated on the game, but Boris used to be a full-fledged bear. With the sudden smell of food, Boris and Ko both are tethered by the nose behind @Hirru and find their way into a corner. Nice, if the children were going to be content for a while, it was fine by him. A few pecking pieces, before the bear starts plucking pieces and smacking his lips. All before offering lumps to anyone nearby, not understanding that people don't eat raw meat.

Edited by Gaius

"Mmm, I wouldn't be so sure about that Astreya," Koga sound mirthfully. "You know what they say, you shouldn't count you chickens before they hatch and all that." Regardless of whether or not he walked away with more money...er, sweets, in his pocket that he came in with, Koga would be satisfied. This was about the game, after all, and enjoying the new company he found himself in. Maybe Tala had the right idea after all.

When Nari asked whether or not she'd be allowed to join the next round, Koga looked up at her. "Yeah, sure," he said. "Let me go get you a chair, watch my cards for me." A quick trip into yet another room, and he was back with another chair, this one considerably more comfy than his own, with an actual cushion instead of just plain wood.

The sight he returned to, however confused him. "Uh...why are there books everywhere?"

After making sure Nari had her seat, Koga took his own, another player joining them. He didn't know this one's name, but at least she wasn't eating off the floor anymore...

The time came for all present to show their hands, and a slow grin spread across Koga's face as his eyes scanned each player's cards. With a click of his tongue Koga raked in the dough. Pastries. Whatever. "Looks like a good start for me. Let's go next."

The cards were passed around once more, and Koga immediately knew he'd lost. Though he didn't show his face, he sat back silently, waiting for the inevitable.

| 203611, LD 2

Edited by Koga

Astralin noticed Yona just leaping in and joining the game. So sudden...

When the newcomer called out for reveal, Astralin revealed her hand. Yep, she lost this one.

Time to get a new hand? She breathed in, and breathed out. "Um...Hit me?" She guessed.

Astralin didn't know much about most of the card games played with the usual game cards. She knew games like War, Go Fish, and BS, but...little else, aside from solitaire. She did remember how a friend of hers from the real world, Scorpio, had gotten inspired by some of Astralin's big brother's Dungeons and Dragons worldbuilding, essentially bringing one of the invented card games into reality, not that he could ever kickstart it into popularity...but Astralin and her firends did play it from time to time, although hardly anyone ever got into it.

At least here, in the present, Astralin's hand was now looking pretty good. Hopefully it would hold up and win her the round, and some cookies.

ID# 203617 LD: 18

Edited by Astralin

A swing and a miss, someone else got the cookies.

...but maybe he'd be gullible enough to put them on the line for a double or nothing?

The dealer, who happened to be the half-drunk dumbass from earlier was clearly being too cocky. Wasn't the dealer always at disadvantage when it came to Blackjack? He'd put himself in the worst position anyway, so why'd he think he could possibly win? Yona chuckled, as long as she had another shot at snagging all the cookies, she was going for it.

"Hit me." 

...Damn, these cards were worse. The guy who'd won the last round didn't seem too perky, while Astralin...oh no, she was smiling. To Yona, this meant two things.

One, Astralin had a terrible poker face.

Two, Astralin had a good hand.

unnamed.jpg.917144807dd197168701f533afba64cc.jpg

This couldn't possibly be happening right now. The blonde was about to hit the cookie jackpot. If she doesn't put the cookies up for Yona to swipe for the next round, Yona's chances of getting them sweets would be slim. As her poker face melted into the mood she was feeling right now, she began to frantically try to calculate her chances of getting all the cookies in a future round. All in her head.

Spoiler alert, her odds were not that great.

ID# 203618 LD: 5

Edited by Yona

Nari felt her hand twitching every time someone mentioned hit me. For some reason the idea of a game requiring such a term for its fundamental rules wasn’t sticking in her mind, and she had to forcibly restrain herself – knowing that the action would only cause problems. She watched as the players continued to call upon their cards, trying their hardest to gain a combination that somehow led to a calculation of…twenty-one?

The whole game wasn’t making sense to her, and at one point she leaned over to Astreya and whispered into the girl’s ear, “Uhm…are you winning or…losing…? I-I can’t...this doesn’t make sense…”

She glanced around the table, trying to hide her confusion from the others and likely failing entirely. This group seemed quite into the game, and Nari hoped it was enough to draw any attention away from her while she settled into the whole experience. She wasn’t even sure what the point of all of this was – couldn’t they just…make their own cookies?

@Astreya

Spoiler

Word Count: 166

After setting the plate aside and confirming that the two would stay away from everyone else's food, Hirru turned his attention back to everyone else around.  It seemed that a fair number of them had joined in on Gaius' card game.  Looking at the little game, the hunter began to analyze the game from afar.  It was an odd one that he had seen before, but never really learned the rules.  Watching them play, he could understand slightly that the higher the players hand, the better.  However, that seem to be the case for Astreya, whom seemed to have a high number, but still lost?  Could it be there they had to get close to a certain number without going over?  An interesting game, if that were the case.  Hirru would refrain from joining, as he didn't want to reveal too much.  Not many people can relate to a man with barely a memory to accompany any type of game from the outside world.  Only a few games played within game were what he knew, though they were mostly dice games.

Looking back around the room; Jomei and Lessa were still talking; the stange older man was drinking while smiling away; Night and that girl were talking still, but there was something wrong.  She looked rather distressed ever since Gaius appeared.  It seemed like she wanted to leave.  Hirru wanted to stop her, but...

'What can I do?  I don't even remember who she is...'

It was then that Hirru remembered something.  She was there, on that day when he first met Xion, the white haired tank that was so ever present in his early life in Aincrad.  How did he forget that?  What did he do?  Xion was just sitting there and..  Hirru walked around to Koga.

"Hey, I'm gonna need your kitchen for a second.  Need to splash some water in my face."

With that, the hunter would pass around the two girls as they talked. 

"Pardon me."

Excusing himself as he passed by to enter the kitchen, he would find the sink and see about plugging the drain.  Once that was complete, he started filling the sink with enough water to fully submerge several plates worth of dishes.  He then lowered his head fairly fast, splashing quite a bit from the sink itself.  Under the water, it was only his face as the unnatural feel of the water swept around it.  It gave more to the memories as he pulled his head back out, his hair not really wet, but the water was still not particularly correct, as it dribbled off him in beads instead of a stream.  Water acted weird in Sword Art Online, no matter what you did, or where.  Even on the first floor..

A flash of something would come to him.  The three of them had met at the main fountain of the first floor, in the Town of Beginnings.  Hirru was thirsty and bothered.  He had tried to drink the water of the fountain and had dunked his head in unsuccessfully.  It drew the attention of the girl.  Xion introduced himself.  She intro..duced.. herself..

Hirru spun around while looking out to the kitchen door. 

They had gone to a small yakiniku hut that was run by a weird girl who now runs an inn on the eleventh floor.  She was selling weird concoctions of stuff that tasted like beef, chicken, and pork.  They listened to Hirru about trying to meet someone.

Walking back out, he would look over towards the familiar girl, whom agreed to help him on his little mission, but... he couldn't remember how it ended.  Did they find them?  He couldn't remember.  It's like, that memory was fading away, archived in a way.  However, the hunter did learn something from the memory.  Walking over, he waved a bit with his green hair, which was held up by a red headband, still dripping beads, like the first time they met.

"Jevi?  Is that you?"

@NIGHT @Jevi @Koga

Edited by Hirru

Koga watched the faces of the players carefully, doing his best to glean some sign of what their hands might be, not that it made much of a difference to the man at this point, he was already set up to lose this hand. Two of the girls in particular, were very telling.

For one, Astralin. The girl was wearing a smile the size of Texas. Koga refrained from burying his face in his hand. She was a nice person, but Christ, she was as easy to read as an open book. Nine to one odds she had a 20 or 21 in her hand. The other girl was one who's name he still hadn't yet gotten. Whoever she was, he face screamed that she knew things were not going her way right now. Alright, two people who didn't have a poker face. Koga would have to keep a special on those two.

The man silently sank into his chair a little bit more, relaxing as much as he could, given the uncomfortable seat he'd chosen for himself (he was trying to be a good host after all) and swiped open his messenger. He looked a little forlorn at the lack of notification from one person in particular. He'd kinda been hoping she would show up to his last minute party, but...it was getting a bit late now. Maybe she just hadn't seen the flyer on the bulletin. Maybe she had just decided not to come. Too many possibilities, too many implications.

Hirru's voice addressing the man caused Koga to turn in his chair to look at him. "Oh, yeah, no worries. There's a bathroom down the ha- and he's gone already." Koga shrugged, an odd choice of place to freshen up, but whatever. Wasn't gonna bother him none.

Koga turned back in his seat again and stared at the name for a moment, debating. This was a different kind of game he'd be playing. Would he be showing his hand too soon by sending a message? Or would it be that little ace in the hole he needed to win the hand?

Well, Koga was always one for taking the brazen action in games like this.

Koga: Hey a bit late but i'm throwing a bit of a Christmas party if you're interested in coming? It technically started already and i put up some notifications about it, but maybe you didnt see them Was hoping you might come?

Send.

Wait, fuck, that sounded simultaneously too desperate, and like she'd been an after thought. Abort mission, abort mission.

Koga: No worries though, just thought I'd offer

...That...was not any better. Mentally, Koga had already gotten to beating his head against a wall.

Koga's self inflicted mental torture though, would only last so long as a strange sound filled his ears. Immediately flashbacks of his college days ran through his mind when someone (not any friend of his, but rather a roommate) had drunkenly pissed on their floors. Koga turned, about to yell at whoever was responsible only to quickly remember that such an event was one) not even possible in the game, and 2) that the source of the sound was his sink overflowing.

"Fuck!"

Koga shot out his chair and ran into the kitchen, quick to shut off the open faucet, and start draining the sink. "Goddamnit," the man began to mutter as he looked at the massive puddle on the ground before searching through his kitchen's drawers for towels to start cleaning up, his shoes slapping wetly against the tile flooring.