[PP-F22] A Peaceful Floor's Mysteries

"That sounds good to me."

Hirru bent over while grabbing the meat of his thighs.  This was the first that he had used so much energy that wasn't helped along with the support of a sword art.  He was really running in to touch Jomei each time there was a need to heal or regen health and energy.  It felt like he was out of breath, of sorts.  How did Zandra do this AND fight way better than he could?  There was a slight thought about getting rid of the Leadership skill, as that ate up far too much skill points for it to be useful.  He then looked back at the boss fight and figured that the extra accuracy and damage during the fight were much more used than his first aid arts.  About the only thing he really used was was the Barrier art.

"I think I need to work out some more.  Being a healer is rough without the assistance factor."

He said walking a bit of a distance from the stone structure.  The fog had formed back into the center, amassing in full into something that really caught his eye.  The new creature that had 'formed' didn't really take a humanoid form, but stayed in its gaseous form.  Two large arms would form from two vastly asymmetrical places, and seemed to flow around with the fog.  Even more unsetting, was that it was still showing faces, but less twisted and grotesque.  These faces would slowly fade into another, one after another.  Nearly all of them were unrecognizable.  None were anyone he really recognized. 

"So, what do you think the deal is with this thing?"

EN Regen (1/3)

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seemed that primarily playing the support role was just as exhausting as being the main line of offense. Hirru seemed wipes, almost more so than Jomei was himself. Then again, a lot of Hirru's own energy went towards making sure Jomei was kept up and running. Though, with the amount of area of attack sword arts he used within those past two battles, he definitely felt the wear and tear creep up on him a bit. A few minutes just to catch their breath and strategize would work wonders for the duelist-hunter duo.

A soft chuckle bubbled out as his arms crossed his chest, his palms tucking into his biceps, "You and me both. I did a whole lot of nothing after the last both fight against the Shadow.. hardly left my house." a hand sheepishly moved from the crook in his arm to the nape of his neck. "This past month hasn't exactly been the best for me.."

The two stood on the cusp of, whatever the fog was doing. The strange, living smoke had amassed arms on either side of it, while those ghastly faces intermixed within the belly of the beast. A cold tingle traveled down the ginger's spine as he swore one of the faces locked eyes with him.. well, eyeless sockets.

"I don't think I could even begin to explain.." Jomei would say with a shake of his head. "Like I said earlier.. the only thing I can think of is that we're in The Forest of Memories... Though, the faces in the creatures before seemed somewhat familiar.. those-" he would lazily point an index finger in the large mass' direction, "Those I do not recognize." 

EN Regen (1/3)

"Oh right.."

The small reminder of where they were gave the hunter a small pause to look around them.  The clearing that this odd rock formation made seemed weird, as if it was made to keep the trees out of the way; or, was it that something was keeping the trees from growing here?  Hirru was going to start speculation when he snapped back to reality and thought of this as a game, or what a game should be considering Shield and Baldur's explainations.  This was supposed to be an area of battle.  Dungeons were not always delving underground, some of them have been situated in a single area, like this one.  Though, that usually meant that something else was here too.  He had seen this before with a few others.

"Still, unlike before, the faces were heavily distorted, but with some familiar features.  Almost like they were mixing features together."

Pointing to the main being itself, the faces were cycling through more faces.

"Each one is different.  Every single one has been different."

It was then that a feminine face would fade in, which instantly got a reaction out of Hirru, as his face went pale.  Eyes widened, before the face faded once more into a face unrecognizable. 

"I think I knew that...one"

That was her.. the blue haired girl that stopped him from choosing the <kill> option in the boss fight.  A few faces cycled through in silence as Hirru looked on.  Some of them were..

Spoiler

"L̵̺̹̦̤͕̞̜̜̅͑̓̈̌̉̆̀̿̊̾̚ū̵͎͎̦̖͖̰͇̼͕̪̇ͅv̶̡̨̫̟͖̣͙̜͇͖̦̫̑̓̿̀̐͛̈̾̈́̇̿́̐̉̀͘a̶̧̢̨̢̻̺̗̲̮̭̖̤̩͉̤̗͑̀͂̈̌̒̒̋̀͑̑͗̕?̵̢̗͙̙̖̭̲̝͇̥͕͖̞̬͙̞̿"

"Yes, V̴̨̢̟̺̻̘͖̫̣̜̫̌͊̽̋̆͂͊͝ï̵̧͎͎͆͐̀̊͐̓̉̀̑̀͘̚x̴̢̡̡̢͕̯̟̝͉̥̫̪̜͙͉̾́̇͋͂͊̎͂̏̿̔͌̓̇͝͠͝?"

"Have you seen Hirru and Ẍ̴̡̪̮̭̯̹͙̹̖̫̞̖́̉̾͒̌͝ͅV̶̡̨̠̼͇̤͍̭̺́́̇͂?"

"They went out to teach Hirru how to use sword arts for the straight sword.  He seemed to really get a handle on it.  R̶̛͙̀̐̔́̊̈́̌́͋̈͗̾͘ḛ̵͎̰͈̂͐̈́͆̃̕̚͝͠͝͝͠͝n̵̠̗̝̱̙̔̓̈͑̉̀̚h̴͓̒͑̍̀̄̕o̴̧̭͈̩͍̺̯̯͓̅̈́̈́l̷͉͖̞͍̙̫̤̱̺̬͑ͅd̵̨̢̛̜̱̬͙̝̼̰̠̠̳̄̋͗͐̆͝ͅt̶̬̙̻̲͖̺͕͖̥̹̑̈́̓̂̚ went out to check on them, but I doubt either of them would be hurt that easily."

Two more would appear that gave him pause and concern.  The woman in pink, and the brown haired warrior from that hallucination.  They weren't just something in his mind.

"Those too..."

EN Regen (2/3)

Turning his chin to face towards the figure amassing before them, Jomei's olive colored eyes focused on the details of the faces within the mist. Brows lowered and arms crossed, he kept a careful eye on each of the faces that emerged from its bulbous body, features becoming a bit more discernable before fading back into the mist. It was disturbing.. but also interesting to say in the least. 

After a moment of staring, his head shook. Hirru had seemingly recognized a few of the faces, more than just vague familiarities. His tone of voice hinted that he was a bit more sure of what he saw this time. Jomei on the other hand felt as though he were mistaking strangers for acquaintances from a distance, none seemed to stick. Even the faces that Hirru pointed out, Jomei did not recognize. One would think that the two frontliners would at least know some of the same people, though, perhaps this mist, and the forest itself, drew from each players own memories to give them each a different perspective. 

Drawing a shaky breath, Jomei's eyes followed a face that poked through some of the others. A male's face, neck length hair that parted in the center. Serious at first, but almost seemed to smile bright as it looked in Jomei's direction. "W-What?" he gasped as the face of a best friend long gone faded into the mist once more. Another expression, one of a more recent memory of his formed and seemed to travel along the length of the mist. There was no mistaking the visage of Telrenya, a shoulder length bob with bangs across the shoulder. The look on her face though, displeased, unhappy.. was definitely pulled from more recent memories.

Jomei's gaze had fallen from the mist to the ground before him. After a moment of silence, his hand would find the handle of his rapier. "I think its about time we end this thing." his voice cold, distant. "I'm not sure if I want to be reminded of my failures anymore..."

EN Regen (2/3)

"Yeah, this is getting too.."

Once more a face that Hirru was not willing to see, but this one.  This one was of an older man, much older probably around his 50's or so.  He seemed strong of jaw but eyes filled with kindness.  At least, they should have, if not for the face being more solemn.  His expression being that of peace.  It would not do the same for the hunter though, as that face was one that he knew far too well.  One that he knew long ago, when Mack first asked him to join the Crimson Blades.  The oldest member of the guild..

..whom died alone in a cave..

..whom they had a large funeral for on the first floor memorial..

"Lindow.."

Hirru got up slowly before tightening his grip on his shield.  His own expression went from bewilderment to anger in a matter of minutes.  This thing was going way too far now, and if this was going to continue, there may be faces that he would not like to see up there.

"Yeah.. Let's end this thing.. before it makes me remember any more.."

EN Regen (3/3)

Edited by Hirru

It was beginning to seem like a reoccurring trend, hinted at by the faces Jomei saw and Hirru's reactions to the ones revealed to him. These were not happy memories, as one would expect in the Forest of Memories. No, these seemed to be manifestations of their failures in life painted out on the blank canvas of a misty mass right before them. 

His companion seemed just as ready to be rid of this monstrosity as he was, the memories probably too painful to bear one after another. The name he spoke was unfamiliar to Jomei, yet, instinctually, he turned back to the creature as if he were able to see the same face Hirru spoke of. Though he would not have been able to pick out this Lindow even if their visage was there for him to see, the Irishman did see faces he recognized.. multiple faces. One after another, expressionless images of the members of the Holy Dragon Alliance faded in and out. A reminder of the group of friends he brought together to form their small, but mighty guild, that he ended up failing because he thought he could play the leader once again. 

"I'm sorry.." he said under his breath. His eyes wandered to the status of his health and energy, finally reaching its maximum once again. They were ready. Turning a chin to Hirru, Jomei would simply nod with a look of determination. 

EN Regen (3/3)

"I'll get you started with an accuracy booster.  Dungeon bosses have been getting near floor boss levels of accuracy and evasion, so keep yourself moving.  I'll keep you going for as long as I can, but I'll probably be setting Hyperactive on myself to keep up."

Hirru planned out what he was going to do with Jomei.  This wasn't like his bouts with Freyd, as they both were dealing damage.  This would be a battle of attrition, and it was not looking good in their favor.  Hirru held his shield up to the sky and activated the Leadership skill: Rally.  A purple haze would envelop Jomei before the accuracy buff would be given, but it would be sapped away from the hunter.  It was a worthy cause to perform, as there was no way that Hirru could fight as he was now.

"Hit it hard and fast.  Let me know when you hear the small ringing of a burst finisher.  I'll boost your damage for it."

Post Action: Rally | +1 ACC to party for 1 turn, -1 ACC to user until next attack | -6 EN

Jomei: 820/820 HP | 120/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 7 6(4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. <Rally> +1 ACC
Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 90/96 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
Cldwn: Rally (0/3)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 2000/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

• Critical (MD 9): Deals (400) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (240) DMG to every other player.
  • Critical (MD 10): Deals (440) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (Tier * 85) DMG to every other player.

The sound of metal scraping against the inside of its scabbard seemed to echo out around him as the ginger ripped the darkened steel blade out. Knowing that Hirru had his back, as much as he physically could, was comforting, but was it enough. They both knew the odds were not looking entirely in their favor, especially with only one of them being able to deal damage to this thing. The images of those he cared for, those he deep down felt he had failed, beating this boss would symbolize moving past that. It was that thought of pushing past his failures and using them to grow as a person that gave him the confidence and determination to face this foe alone. 

Letting out a sharp whistle, the Irishman signaled to his owl companion, who stuck to the skies above the misty forest this entire time. It let out a screech in acknowledgement, awaiting its master's move to join in and strike. "Hit it hard and fast..." he said under his breath as he began to slowly walk in its direction, rapier pointing towards the dirt as he walked. Picking up speed, Jomei broke into a spring forward, faster and faster as his Charge skill kicked in. If he could hit it with a solid sword art and stun it from the beginning, maybe it would give them a chance to gain the upper hand from the start. 

The blur of green that was Jomei nearly blended into the foliage around him as he spearheaded towards the dungeon boss. The ginger came back into view with his rapier thrust deep into the center of the fog's body, his hand that holds the rapier shining in a brilliant gold light, his eyes matching. A shockwave rippled out from the point of contact, parts of the fog dispersing for a mere moment before joining back together. Through the canopy of leaves above them, like a brown bullet, Adere shot from the sky and spread her wings, her talons stretching forth and raking across the body of the fog monster. 

Jomei took a few casual steps back towards Hirru, the Fog of Reminiscence stunned and unable to retaliate. The golden light in his eyes dissipated as he turned to look at Hirru. "I'll keep hitting it with debuffs, so hopefully that'll make this a bit easier. Might do a number on my energy, but as long as I can continue to hit it without missing, we should be alright." The serious expression fades for one moment, determination shining through. "Thank you for keeping me safe, we'll pull through this." 

ID 203272 | Charge | BD 10 | MD 4(+3 -3) 
TECH-A | 23 + 5 + 2 = 30 x 16 = 480 (-160) = 320 + STUN | BLEED Procs +48 DMG
Rending Familiar: 7x4 = 28 REND damage  

[4] Jomei: 820/820 HP | 106/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 7 6(4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. <Rally> +1 ACC | CoDwn: Charge 0/5 | Rend 0/5 | Stun 0/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 90/96 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
Cldwn: Rally (0/3)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 1604/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | STUN 1/1 | REND 1/2 | BLEED 1/2 

• Critical (MD 9): Deals (400) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (240) DMG to every other player.
  • Critical (MD 10): Deals (440) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (Tier * 85) DMG to every other player

As Jomei headed out to attack the fog boss, Hirru was readying his actions according to what would happen.  It appeared that his previous observation was true, and that Jomei was using more TECH arts than anything else.  Was his shift truly of the TECHNICAL variant?  This intrigued the hunter, as he had only known one other that actively chose that shift, and that was the Ultramarine himself, Calrex.  Everyone else that he knew had the AOE shift for optimal mob burning potential.  Only a few really cared for SINGLE TARGET, but he knew which ones it better suited.  This was going to be interesting.

"Okay, if you have the 'shatter art', do that..."

Hirru heard it.  It was feint, but nothing he couldn't distinguish.  A small ringing as Jomei's blade found it's mark against the Fog of Reminiscence.  The blade would have a slight shine near the tip, indicating that the follow up art, SINGLE TARGET - BURST, was ready.  This was their chance for some big damage.

"Scratch that!  Burst it with your strongest art!  I'll supplement it with my own.  Press the Attack!"

Hirru would call out as an iridescent aura would fall upon Jomei, elevating his damage potential by another slot full of damage.  However, that energy had to come from somewhere, and the Leadership skill is not friendly in that manner.  The hunter could feel his strength being sapped from himself, but it was something that he could endure.  It was much worse when he did it back during the raid.  The accumulated damage that was sent out to everyone, it nearly tore him to shreds, if not for the fact that he didn't need to experience all that, as he would never fully attack with that kind of debuff on himself.  Although, it meant that he would never wield a sword for combat, ever again.

Passive Regen: +4
Recovery?: [ID: 203275][CD: 2] Nope
Post Action: Press the Attack!  |  +1*Tier damage to all party / -Accumulated damage to user | -10 EN

[4] Jomei: 820/820 HP | 106/120 EN | DMG 27 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | CoDwn: Charge 0/5 | Rend 0/5 | Stun 0/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 84/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
CoDwn: Rally (1/3) | Press the Attack (0/5)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 1604/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 |  | REND 1/2 | BLEED 1/2 

• Critical (MD 10): Deals (440) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (Tier * 85) DMG to every other player
Edited by Hirru

The ginger let out a small chuckle as Hirru called for a sword art with the shatter element, followed by a chance of plans to focus on damage. 

"Or, I could just do both." 

All of Jomei's technical sword arts did the same amount of damage, on top of the other handy debuffs they placed on his target of choice. Luckily for them, they were also the heaviest hitting attacks he held within his arsenal. It would have made a world of a difference if he had saved his Charge skill for this attack.. but at least he could lay on two devastating attacks in a row before they reset and strategized their next plan of attack.

"Alright, I'm going back in." Jomei announced before rushing forth wish his rapier pulled back, tip of blade pointing forward. 

The ginger weaved from side to side, dodging out of the way as two arms came slamming down. Skidding to a stop just before the collective of fog, Jomei's sword -rather than taking on a brilliant glow- seemed to show an absence of light as darkness crawled up the blade, creating a pitch black surface. The shadowy blade plunged into the fog, before seeming to dig even deeper. The resounding sound of glass shattering sounded out as Jomei seemingly broke through its armor, weakening it with the SHATTER effect his sword art left. 

The cocky smirk he wore on his face was quickly wiped away as a third attack, unknown to Jomei until now, swiped at him and hitting him like a ton of bricks. The ginger flew through the air, crashing into a tree nearby. He stared up at the <Immortal Object> sign that hovered in front of the tree as the dust settled. "O-Okay.. this guy hits, really hard.." 

ID 203276 | BD 7(+6-3) 10| MD 7(+3 -3)
TECH-D: 27 +8 FALLEN = 35 x 16 = 560 (-160) = 400 DMG
360 - 104 = 256 to Jomei

[6] Jomei: 564/820 HP | 97/120 EN | DMG 27 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | CoDwn: Charge 1/5 | Rend 1/5 | Stun 1/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 84/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 1128/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 140 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 |  | REND 2/2 | BLEED 2/2 | SHATTER 0/3

"Jomei!"

Hirru shouted out as the speedy player was knocked quite hard out of the area.  Slamming against a tree, Hirru had to run after him to do anything.  Damn this heavy arse and armor, he didn't need to be this weighed down.  Running over to the downed saber user, he would rub his hands together.  Sliding into range, the hunter would slap a hand upon Jomei's chest while performing his First Aid single target healing.  Green light would flow out from the hand to the other, healing a bit of the damage, but not all of it.  The rest would have to be done through his own battle healing capabilities.

The Fog was now starting to use a sinister grin on the faces that came up.  It was toying with their memories of those that died before.  What kind of shit was this?  It seemed like it was getting closer to those that had died not too long ago.  There was no need to even look that far, as Hirru already knew.

"You should be good.  I'll keep you going, just don't make me run too much."

Passive EN: +4
RECOVERY?: [ID: 203340] [CD: 7] +8 EN
Post Action: First Aid Heal 20% Max HP | -15 EN |= 820x.2 = 164*1.1 (Survival) = 180*1.2 (Life Mend) = 216 HP Recovery

[6] Jomei: 732/820 HP | 97/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | CoDwn: Charge 1/5 | Rend 1/5 | Stun 1/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 81/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 1128/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 140 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 || SHATTER 0/3

Edited by Hirru

"Thanks" Jomei said to Hirru as healing energy flowed into him, picking his health back up from a dangerous position. On top of the first aid, Jomei's battle healing kicked in, seeing less of an empty health bar made him feel a bit more comfortable. With a groan, the man got back up to his feet. 

"Right.. not that I know how hard it can hit, I'll be more careful."
At least it was only one enemy this time, so even if he got hit hard, there wouldn't be a second attack coming right after. That, and Hirru's healing capabilities, should keep them in a good standing to be able to finish this fight in one piece. As long as they were cautious, and watched their health and energy levels. 

"I'll try and hit it with another Shatter again.. see if I can't break down its armor even more. Then we can really deal some damage." 

Once again, Jomei rushed in for the attack, keeping his guard up this time. A first from the large beast shot from the fog that created its body. Throwing the blade up in front of him, and backing it with his left palm on the back of the blade, Jomei blocked the heavy fist. His feet tore into the dirt as he struggled to keep his footing, but eventually gained the upper hand and pushed the boss' attack out of the way. 

Opening his opponent up for an attack, Jomei's blade swiped just along its exterior, the tip of the rapier sparking and catching that golden glow again. Another shatter visual effect, as that translucent, yellow shield seemed to break even more. "I can hit it with one more shatter sword art, but that should be enough to keep this fight in our favor." he shouted back to Hirru. 

ID 230070 | BD 9 | MD 3(+3-3)
TECH-D 23+1 x 16 =  384 - 140 = 244 + 48 BLEED | SHATTER

[9] Jomei: 795/820 HP | 88/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | CoDwn: Charge 2/5 | Rend 2/5 | Stun 2/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 81/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
CoDwn: Rally (2/3) | Press the Attack (1/5)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 836/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 120 140 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 || SHATTER 1/3 | BLEED 1/2

Critical (MD 9): Deals (400) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (240) DMG to every other player.
Critical (MD 10): Deals (440) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (Tier * 85) DMG to every other player

The shatter arts were helping quite a bit.  Hirru was glad that Jomei had the extra art, or this would be just a little longer than it would have been.  In fact, this was going quite a bit better than he had figured it would go.  Sure, Jomei got hit once, but with a bit of healing, it was taken care of.. mostly.  Both of their energy levels were actually doing quite well, even if Jomei's was draining faster.  Hirru would remedy that with a quick Hyperactive charge.  He held his shield high, and a yellow glow would strengthen Jomei's energy regeneration. Though, to be fair, was it needed?

"You're good to blow this thing away!  Shatter it up, and let's get out of here.  Shouldn't be too much more now."

Looking back at the fog, it seemed like it was showing the sorrowful faces with pain across their features.  He didn't want to look at them, so he kept his attention to Jomei.  If anything would come up, he would be there to remedy it.  Though, he sure wished he could hit the bloody thing, and make it that much faster.  He would have to look into how Shield did what he did.  That was more useful than what he was doing here.

Passive EN: +4
RECOVERY?: [ID: 203454] [CD: 1] Nope
Post Action: Hyperactive --> +3 passive EN regen (4+3= 7 EN Regen) / -5 EN / 3 post cooldown

[9] Jomei: 795/820 HP | 88/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | Hyperactive +3 EN 0/3 | CoDwn: Charge 2/5 | Rend 2/5 | Stun 2/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 80/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
CoDwn: Rally (3/3) | Press the Attack (2/5) | Hyperactive (0/3_

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 836/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 120 140 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 || SHATTER 1/3 | BLEED 1/2

Critical (MD 9): Deals (400) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (240) DMG to every other player.
Critical (MD 10): Deals (440) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (340) DMG to every other player

Edited by Hirru

Jomei had kept a close distance to the Fog after his last attack. It was a dangerous tactic, but could possibly keep him from getting hit from behind or on the approach. At least now, closer to its body, any attacks thrown his way were easily recognized and he could get out of the way fast enough. A wide swing from the Fog sent a long arm barreling in his direction, a dangerous game of jump rope if he had ever seen one. Throwing himself into a handless cartwheel, Jomei flipped over the arm, the dense fog tousling his ginger bangs that hung down towards the ground. The moment Jomei's feet touched earth again, he spun to face the beast and thrust his blade forward into its side. He could feel the resistance of the Fog's heavy armor class pushing against his attack, but Jomei put his own body weight behind it.  Like trying to shove a tack into a wall, the rapier slowly sunk past the armored wall before one final crash of glass signaled the shatter technique worked once more. "Alright, don't think I'm going to be able to knock its armor down any more. But we should be done with it before its a problem again."

The faces in the fog turned to Jomei, gathering in a small group right before his body, their faces a conglomeration of pain and sorrow. Eyes clamped shut, trying not to turn his gaze to them and fall into their trap. 

ID 203457 | BD 3(+6 -3) 6 | MD 4(+3 -3) 
TECH-D 23 x 16  = 368 -120 = 248 | SHATTER 

[11] Jomei: 820/820 HP | 82/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | Hyperactive +3 EN 0/3 | CoDwn: Charge 3/5 | Rend 3/5 | Stun 3/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 80/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
CoDwn: Rally (3/3) | Press the Attack (2/5) | Hyperactive (0/3_

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 540/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 100 120 140 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 || SHATTER 1/3 | BLEED 2/2

Critical (MD 10): Deals (440) DMG to the target with the highest hate. Also deals (340) DMG to every other player

Hirru nodded out towards Jomei as the third shatter came upon the Fog, really reducing that mitigation by quite a bit.  There wouldn't be any need to do much else, as the boss would was being hit constantly by Jomei.  He noticed that his Rally had come off cooldown, and decided to up the duelists accuracy once more.  They didn't need any reason to fail, at this point.  Especially, if Jomei got hit again.  Although it wasn't that much in terms of his overall health, the power behind it really threw him.  Hirru didn't want him to get thrown unconscious from another blow, though the hunter wasn't sure if that was truly possible.  There was a time where he passed out, but that was from exhaustion, and not from concussive forces.

"Right!  I'll give you a little more wiggle room."

Hirru would hold his shield on high while a violet aura would envelope him, then gather around Jomei.  His accuracy couldn't be reduced any more than it already has, but it didn't matter.  As long as Jomei could attack, they would be fine.

"I hope this thing has something useful, or else I'm going on another hunt."

Recovery?: [ID: 203600][CD: 5] Nope
Post Action: Rally | +1 ACC to party for 1 turn, -1 ACC to user until next attack | -6 EN

[11] Jomei: 820/820 HP | 82/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 7 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | Hyperactive +3 EN 1/3 | CoDwn: Charge 3/5 | Rend 3/5 | Stun 3/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 78/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
CoDwn: Press the Attack (3/5) | Hyperactive (1/3) | Rally (0/3)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 540/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 100 120 140 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 || SHATTER 1/3 | BLEED 2/2

Edited by Hirru

"Thanks!" Jomei shouted out to Hirru as his his vision became a bit more focused, meaning his strikes would more than likely ring true. The duelist would always pride himself in his higher accuracy stat, especially with the unique absolute accuracy enhancement on his side. It was not very often that he would miss his mark, but with enemies that were crafty and quick to evade, he sometimes ran into issues. These little bursts of buffs that Hirru dished out really made sure that Jomei would always find his mark. 

Taking note that his stunning sword art had come off of a cool down, the ginger's lips hooked into a sly smirk. "Perfect timing, let's take this thing out of the fight for a little bit before we finish it off." The ginger offered a duelist's salute, holding the rapier vertically in front of his face, before flicking his wrist to point it out to the side. Like striking a match, as his arm holding the blade extended to its fill length, the tip of the saber ignited with a golden light. Two swift strikes followed; the first, his hand brought the rapier to the opposite side of his body to thrust forth from his left shoulder, the second strike came in the form of a powerful overhead slash, orbiting about his right shoulder and cutting straight down in front of him.

A quick breath of fresh air was permitted, with the Fog stunned for a moment's notice. Jomei's gaze quickly turned up towards the health bars that hovered above the Fog's form; what was once green now a deep red, barely holding on. "Alright, one more good hit should do it."

ID 203601 | BD 9 | MD 2(+3-3)  Stunned 
TECH-A 23(+1) x 16 = 384 - 100 = 284 + 48 BLEED + STUN

[14] Jomei: 820/820 HP | 75/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 7 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | Hyperactive +3 EN 1/3 | CoDwn: Charge 4/5 | Rend 4/5 | Stun 0/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 78/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
CoDwn: Press the Attack (3/5) | Hyperactive (1/3) | Rally (0/3)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 208/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 100 120 140 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 || SHATTER 2/3 | BLEED 1/2 | STUN

It was finally coming down to the final moment, as Jomei had dealt a significant amount of damage to the Fog of Reminiscence.  The fog itself had now become less active in switching out the faces and more expressive in a few faces now.  Predominantly, the ones that Hirru and Jomei reacted to the most.  The faces of the girl, woman and man reappeared, showing signs of screaming, but not a sound could be heard.  The same would go for the faces of those that Jomei appeared to react to.  Hirru didn't know them, but they must have been a significant part of his life, if that was the case.  Soon, Lindow came back and the look on his face was.. fear.  Was that what he felt when he was in that cave, surrounded by spiders with no where else to go?  Why did one of their own have to die like that?  Why?  WHY?!

Hirru had had enough of these mind games.  It was only trying to get them to lower their guard, and it was starting to work on the hunter, as his mind raced.  Though, that was all the hunter needed as he ran towards Jomei.

"Jomei!  End it now!"

With a quick tap to the back, the hunter gave up his energy to strengthen his party member.  It wasn't much, but it was something, as it was all the hunter could do without standing there and succumbing more to the fog's mental images and manipulation.  There was only so much a man could take.

Recovery?: [ID: 203662][CD: 2] Nope
Post Action: Energize -> +8 EN to Jomei | -10 EN

[14] Jomei: 820/820 HP | 83/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 7 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | Hyperactive +3 EN 1/3 | CoDwn: Charge 4/5 | Rend 4/5 | Stun 0/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 72/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
CoDwn: Press the Attack (4/5) | Hyperactive (2/3) | Rally (1/3)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 208/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 100 120 140 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 || SHATTER 2/3 | BLEED 1/2 | STUN

Edited by Hirru

A last ditch effort to throw off the players looking to slay it, the Fog focused on its mind games once more. Various faces swapped out, frantically and quickly, but lingering just long enough so the strong emotions plastered on their faces were conveyed. Standing just within arms length of the fog, the features of the players of their past protruded enough to where Jomei was, quite literally, face to face with them. 

The visage of Lowenthal, pain and sadness behind a forced smile.. Telrenya, anger and sadness towards a loving relationship that crumpled rather quickly. As another face seemed to form in front of him, its features still twisting from the image he was shown last, Jomei thrust his blade forth. Letting out that pent up remorse with a scream of frustration, his saber plunged deep into the semi opaque form of the Fog, the hand guard blocking his hand from digging any deeper. 

Each face that the fog had created, based off the players memories of failure, broke down into the fog and were carried off by a small gust of wind. The remaining, bulbous mass of the Fog of Reminiscence followed suit, its body slumping and melting into the ground. Before it could fully be parted by rogue bursts of air that traveled through the forest around them, the boss erupted into fragments of data that slowly fell to the ground like snowfall, disappearing into digital nothingness as each piece made contact with the ground.

"Heh." Jomei chuckled, looking into the air where the fog was no more. "Got to admit.. didn't think we were going to fair that well."

ID 203667 | BD 3(+6 -3) 6 | MD 7(+3 -3)
TECH-B: 23 x 16 = 368 - 100 = 268

[14] Jomei: 820/820 HP | 77/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 104 (44)| EVA 3 | ACC 6 (4) | BH 45 | HLY BLS 18 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 4(1) | F.Sprt. | Hyperactive +3 EN 2/3 | CoDwn:  Stun 1/3
[0] Hirru:  HP: 997/997 | EN: 72/96 | DMG: -3 1 | MIT: 182 (122) | ACC -1 (next hit)| BH: 49 | HLY BLS: 39 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 76 (36)
CoDwn: Press the Attack (4/5) | Hyperactive (2/3) | Rally (1/3)

Fog of Reminiscence | HP: 0/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 100 120 140 160 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 || SHATTER 3/3 | BLEED 2/2 

Looting Fog of Reminiscence:
ID 203668 | CD 12 | LD 16(+4) 20
CD Bonus: 4000 Col
LD Bonus 4000 Col
Monster Bonus 6000 Col
Perfect Weapon (1) | Additional Col 8000 Col

Spoiler

1200 Col | 4 Materials | Perfect Armor/Shield, Perfect Weapon
2000 Col | 2 Materials | Rare Weapon (1), Uncommon Consumable (1)
2800 Col | Rare Consumable (1), Rare Armor/Shield (1)
4000 Col |  Rare Trinket (1), Additional Col 1200 (Added to amount <-)
3500 Col | 2 Materials | Perfect Armor/Shield (1) Perfect Consumables (2)
2100 Col | 4 Materials | Rare Weapon (1) Uncommon Consumable (1)
22000 Col | Perfect Weapon 1

"That was.. a good one there.  Didn't think it would.. be that easy.  That thing was.. so odd."

Hirru got out through catching his breath as Jomei finished of the Fog, and it finally dissipated all the fog from the area. 

The structure that made up the whole arena seemed to be a ring of stone structures, though they don't seemed carved out of stone, just made of large boulders.   In the center of it all, where the Fog of Reminiscence had concealed, there a stone table, or more of an altar.   

"What was it protecting, if it was using those faces against us.  Was it our memories?" 

There was weird runes that scrawled down every surface of the altar, though they were mostly unintelligible.  They didn't seem like the ones that he would normally see on the weapons and armor that he would find out in the wild.  These were a little be older, maybe?  He couldn't say without getting closer.

"What do we have here?"

Walking closer to the altar, it would seem to have something sitting upon its surface.  The hunter looked at the leather bounded item that sat before them.

"Is this a book?"

Picking up the book, the runes that covered the altar would light up for a couple seconds before the structural integrity of the altar would fall apart.  Hirru stepped out of the way of the crumbling rock, before bringing his attention back to the book.  There was a strange title, something he couldn't understand.

<<What We Fight For>>

"What we fight for?  That's a little on the nose, isn't it."

As soon as he said those words, something would pop up for him.  The dungeon's rewards?  He checked the window, but it was not what should have come up.

Quest Announcement

<<What We Fight For>> has been unlocked.

Nihilim's Wrath slowly slid back into the scabbard that hung off of Jomei's belt, his eyes watching the blackened steel until the guard tapped against the open mouth of the sheath. His body remained facing in the direction where the boss had fallen, his gaze rising to look outwards into the forest around the, now free of the sea of thick fog. The duelist felt a newfound confidence within him after taking down a dungeon's boss on his own. At one point, even taking on such an enemy with a second damage dealer proved to be troublesome. Though, without Hirru's help, Jomei probably would not have made it out of this forest alive, to become nothing but a memory to be plastered amongst the body of the Fog of Reminiscence. 

The arena they had fought within became clear without the haze impeding their vision. In the center, where the fog had amassed, was an alter that Hirru was already investigating. The ginger walked up beside him, taking in his surroundings before coming to a halt at the front of the alter. 

"I'd assume it was our memories.. or, more specifically.. memories of those we feel we've failed. Probably as a lesson teaching us to not let those bad memories anchor us down.. to learn from our mistakes and push forward. Whether we actually failed them or not.. there's not much that can be done about it now."

On the alter where they stood was a single book, with the title "What We Fight For." Head slightly cocked to the side, Jomei leaned forward to get a closer look, before the alter seemed to crumble under the lack of weight of the book. 

"That name sounds familiar, What We Fight For.." In the same fashion, a notification opened for Jomei as well. "Right.. I think I've heard someone mention this quest before. I had planned to check it out, but never got around to it.." 

"Oh, that reminds me." Jomei perked up, swiping a hand up to open his inventory. "I picked up a ton of items that need to be identified from those fog monsters. I'm not much of a treasure hunter, so I've never actually gotten items identified before. Do you want to take them? Just make sure if you get anything good to pass it my way." he added with a sly wink.