[F01 - SP] The Hammer Time | <<Earning a Living: Blacksmith>>

Nari stared and watched in excitement as the materials began to glow as the hammer struck them, her face lighting up in a smile. She saw the glow begin to take shape, and then just as quickly shatter into a collection of shards, bursting into the air before disappearing before her eyes.

“Bad luck on that one! Maybe try the next!” The voice of the blacksmith shook her from her shocked reserve. Shaking her mind clear, she picked up the hammer again, placing the next set of materials on the anvil.

Focusing the image in her mind again, she brought the hammer up above her head, pausing mid air to ensure her aim was true. Closing her eyes briefly, Nari ensured the image of the shield was strong in the fore front of her mind’s eye – the edges of the shield, the curve of it’s face, and the minor imperfections that one could expect from such a newly crafted piece.

‘I can do this. I can make this.’ Nari thought to herself, urging the hammer to believe her. Bringing it down, she watched as the hammer struck the materials, causing them to glow brightly.

ID203152 | CD: 2 | Crafting Shield | Fail (Materials Lost)

Spoiler

Word Count: 194

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

Nari watched again as the materials glowed, shining brightly for a moment before exploding into a collection of shards before falling to the ground and disappearing. Nari sighed inwardly, frustration and despair beginning to rise within her. She wondered – just for a moment – if maybe this was beyond her.

“Bad luck on that one! Maybe try the next!” The voice of the blacksmith said again, his voice identical to the last time he had spoken. Nari shot the man a dark glance before pulling out the next set of materials, laying them on the anvil and taking a deep breath.

‘They wouldn’t offer this quest if one couldn’t do it. It may not be for everyone, but I’m sure I can do this. I will do this. I won’t let this game beat me.’ Nari steadied herself, taking the hammer in two hands and raising it above her head. Taking a deep breath, she brought the image of the shield to mind again, focusing on every detail of it, including the howling red wolf imagery that she bore on her current shield.

Nari felt a moment of pride as the materials glowed, slowly taking form before shifting into the shape of a shield. Nari gasped in surprise, before turning to smile at the blacksmith. The man smiled back, before nodding to the item she had just completed.

"Not that it's worth much," The blacksmith announces with a grin, "but that item's got my seal of approval. Good luck with your own smithy!"

ID203153 | CD: 10 | Crafting Shield | Success! (Uncommon Shield)

Spoiler

Word Count: 182

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

Thread Summary

Nari-Lanreth:

• 1,066 EXP total
  • 400 col
  • <<Blacksmith>> Profession
  • Successfully Crafted Item (Lanreth's Defender)
  • Standard <<Blacksmith>> Shop
  • (5) Tier 1 Crafting Materials

Tier 1 Perfect Consumable (1) | [203123]
Tier 1 Rare Trinket (1) | [203123]
Tier 1 Rare Weapon (1) | [203149]
Tier 1 Uncommon Consumable (1) | [203149]