[PP-F22] The Ivory Citadel

Upon passing through the suspicious foliage, he saw it. "Huh...so it does exist...well, I guess that means it's time to get a closer look, then." He remarked.

The area may have had a large citadel, white in color, in place of more trees, but the branches were still insistent on seeking out every patch of light available, the top of the tower wasn't even in sight. The external walls and gate would have been overgrown, if not for the tree branches taking up the sunlight and drastically reducing the amount of flora in the area.

Vigilon slipped through the gate which had been ajar, and gestured for Dazia to follow. The entryway "Courtyard" or whatever you'd call a gated "front lawn" of a structure like a citadel, was about twelve meters in distance, and it wasn't long before Vigilon approached the large doors that no doubt would open into the mysterious structure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening up the doors took longer than expected. The exterior looked overgrown, but the interior...

Oddly enough, the place looked pristine. Almost everything inside was white, with the exception of a few strange black statues, and maybe a few other things. "...Why is it all white?" Dazia asked, knowing that the color might be a disadvantage to her hiding, as her black apparel would stick out like a sore thumb in such a well lit, bright white environment. Maybe the black statues could be a source of camouflage, but little else could possibly contribute to making better use of stealthy tactics.

And yet...

"I...get the feeling we're being watched. Be on guard." She observed, despite nothing being in view. Despite not seeing anything moving, she couldn't help but feel like there was this presence, watching them as vultures and crows gaze at those who may be nearing a potential demise...

So the interior was just as white as the exterior? Well, alright then... Vigilon pulled up his map, hoping that the name of a landmark would be displayed over his location.

Indeed, there it was, "Ivory Citadel".

"Well, I guess it makes sense...this place is called the 'Ivory Citadel', so I can see the connection." Vigilon observed before closing the map, as the landmark's internal map didn't seem to be a thing, and the two players would have to navigate it without a map to guide them.

Dazia mentioned that she felt as though she was being watched. "Honestly...me too. I get the feeling that something's got an eye on us..." Vigilon agreed. This feeling...it was similar to the hostile presences he'd felt before entering combat within his mindscape, and yet...he wasn't in a mindscape, so why would he be getting this feeling? Was it because this location was as the end of the Forest of Memory?

He could already feel something, as if there was something around, tugging at him for attention. His eyes turned to look at a door at the top of a small staircase.

Dazia's attention was caught by...a random door, of all things. Why did she get the feeling that the presence was coming from there? Vigilon seemed to be looking at another door, but hopefully he'd know to stick around her...

Dazia would open the door slowly, and bright light shone as she did. When she closed the door, she found herself in a room just as white as the entry hall was. Soon, the environment shifted, forming the floor into new shapes, until it had a particular layout, similar to...

"What...the hell?"

Dazia had no clue why it took this shape, she'd seen this layout once before, the difference being the fact that this was an enclosed room that was entirely white. Dazia would climb her way up to the top, where there was a path to the end...but instead of a door, there was a face Dazia shouldn't have seen.

"It really has been a while since that fateful day, hasn't it?"

"?!?!?"

Despite the cursor over the entity's head not being a color applicable to players, there was no mistaking what this entity looked like...Dazia remembered this person very well...

It was only after Vigilon had opened the door that seemed to grab his attention that he'd realized Dazia wasn't with him. One of the two had unwittingly split the party...

...And those who have played D&D(like Vigilon, and maybe you) know full well that splitting the party usually leads to all kinds of trouble. Before he could turn back, however, the floor of the room he was in shook and shifted. What was even happening here?

When the room's layout stopped changing, there seemed to be someone at the end of the room. "What the...?" He ran over to the end, where he stopped, recognizing the figure, despite the cursor being that of a game entity; an NPC.

"...You got some nerve coming here." The figure spoke. "Just being a potential threat wasn't enough for you, was it?"

Vigilon, wide eyed, knew who this...thing, was appearing as... "...There's no way..."

Garixon.

How dare the system try to pull something like this on Dazia? How dare it force Dazia to relive that battle for her life against that fool? 

"I can't believe you."

"Surprised to see me? In all honesty, I expected such a response from you. Now then, why don't we settle this properly this time?" The entity spoke. Dazia shook her head. "Shut up, you damn apparition. The fact that the cursor above your head has a color that can't apply to players tells me you aren't Wardege, you just look like him...and you will suffer the same fate he did."

Dazia drew her blade and attacked, but her foe's defenses were sturdier than she expected. "Most disappointing." The entity spoke. "I thought for a moment you'd have known I'd be more prepared this time, and yet, here you are, trying the same old tactic as before."

Pulling out a polearm, the foe attempted to attack Dazia, but just as Dazia had underestimated the enemy's defenses, the enemy underestimated Dazia's agility.

ID# 209457 BD: 2+3=5(miss), MD: 5+2-4=3(miss)

Dazia: HP 660/660 | EN 82/84 | 23 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 4 EVA | 8 Fallen | 1 LD

Enemies:

Memory Wraith 1: HP 430/430, 128 DMG | 200 MIT | 2 ACC 

Edited by Dazia

No words needed to be exchanged between Vigilon and the false Garixon as they both went straight into combat. Vigilon's attack, Draco Rend, was a new, unexpected attack for the opponent, and despite his nimble movements, Vigilon's attack landed against him nevertheless. The false Garixon did manage to thrust his weapon into Vigilon, but the damage dealt wasn't nearly as damaging as it was back then on that evening. Vigilon didn't know if this would go the same way, or if it would go differently. But he knew this...he wasn't intent on losing this fight. Whatever this was, he'd make sure it would fall.

The false Garixon didn't have much to say, as his focus was entirely on the fight. Vigilon also kept his eyes on the opponent, watching his movements, looking for openings to strike and attacks to dodge or deflect. Regardless of how it went last time, the end result would surely be the same.

ID# 209460 BD: 6+4-3=7(hit), CD: 12(ST-B Available) MD: 7+2-2=7(hit)

Draco Rend(AoE-I): 23x15-50=295 Damage to Memory Wraith 2

Vigilon: HP 710/760 | EN 95/110 | 23 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | PAR | 6 LD 

Enemies:

Memory Wraith 2: HP 465/760 | 128 DMG | 50 MIT | 2 ACC | 3 EVA

Edited by Vigilon

With the newfound surprises out of the way, Dazia now needed to destroy this apparition. The false Wardege would attempt another attack, but it would go just as well as the last attempt. Dazia, on the other hand, attacked with Infernal Crescent, tearing into her opponent with her blade. Dazia didn't know if the apparition was acting, or if it genuinely cried out in pain.

But she didn't care, either.

She only wanted to get this over with, so she could go back to exploring this "Ivory Citadel". As long as Dazia survived, and accomplished her goals, the bodies of her enemies will always fall where they may, and anyone who got in her way risked facing Dazia's lethal wrath. She'd already had enough of this, she'd had more than enough back in the actual moment, that this reliving of that struggle was nothing more than an irritating delay.

She'd make this quick, but it won't be pleasant either.

ID# 209461 BD: 3+3=6(hit), MD: 7+2-4=5(miss)

Infernal Crescent: 23x15-200=145 Damage to Memory Wraith 1

Dazia: HP 660/660 | EN 69/84 | 23 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 4 EVA | 8 Fallen | 1 LD

Enemies:

Memory Wraith 1: HP 285/430, 128 DMG | 200 MIT | 2 ACC 

Edited by Dazia

What kinds of encounters really were these? What was the Cardinal up to this time? Why was Vigilon facing a shadow of someone who once was? Why did the layout of this room even shift? What was even going on here??

Despite these questions floating in Vigilon's mind, he left them alone for the time being as to keep his head in the fight. He knew this wasn't Garixon, as shown by the red cursor above the enemy's head. "Why are you messing with me?" Vigilon asked. "Why are you trying to use the form of the fallen against me?"

The false Garixon chuckled. "Do you really think I'm 'messing' with you? I'm here to finish what I started. You should know what that is by now, of course."

Vigilon pushed back his foe and activated his sword art. His weapon shone in a silver light as an aura enveloped Vigilon. Within a few seconds, his weapon had torn into his enemy several times, and the last of the devastating blows sent said enemy flying, all the way to the wall.

ID# 209464 BD: 8+4-3=9(hit), MD: 2+2-2=2(miss)

Silver Oblivion(ST-B): 23x20-50=410 Damage to Memory Wraith 2

Vigilon: HP 710/760 | EN 79/110 | 23 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | PAR | 6 LD 

Enemies:

Memory Wraith 2: HP 55/760 | 128 DMG | 50 MIT | 2 ACC | 3 EVA

Edited by Vigilon

This was already getting tiring.

"Out of my sight, mirage." Dazia growled. "Oh, you see me as nothing more than an illusion? I can't say that I blame you, you'd think that whatever falls dead might stay dead...surprise." The apparition remarked.

"If that is an attempt to scare me, you're absolutely pathetic." Dazia shot back. "I know you're not him, so stop trying to be." The cursor color made it obvious, so why did this stupid AI construct of the Cardinal think she could possibly fall for its weak little parlor trick? Chances were, it probably couldn't see cursors and Dazia's meta knowledge was its first downfall in this fight. Regardless, this would all be over soon. She didn't know why this kind of entity existed in a place like this...maybe there are always places where danger dwells.

Dazia didn't manage to land any hits against her foe, but when the false Wardege tried to thrust his polearm into Dazia, she grabbed the weapon and attempted to pull it away before flinging it to the side.

What ended up happening, was Dazia swinging her opponent to the side, using his weapon against him.

ID# 209465 BD: 2+3=5(miss), MD: 1(critical fail)

Dazia: HP 660/660 | EN 71/84 | 23 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 4 EVA | 8 Fallen | 1 LD

Enemies:

Memory Wraith 1: HP 285/430, 128 DMG | 200 MIT | 2 ACC 

Edited by Dazia

The false Garixon got up, with some difficulty, only to be met with the end of Vigilon's weapon, finishing him off.

Over already...well, at least Vigilon could now get back to figuring out this strange room...right?

Well...sort of. There didn't seem to be anything else in this room. ...Either that, or there was something of interest that blended in with the environment because everything in the room, including the room itself, were all white as porcelain. The shifted area didn't seem to have much, other than pillar-tiles that used to be the floor having different variations in height, but only one of them was as tall as Vigilon. Was this room trying to simulate something? What was all of this even about?

The Ivory Citadel sure had many mysteries, indeed.

It felt like a ten minute search throughout an open room, but the next thing he knew, there was suddenly another figure at the end of the room. Vigilon approached the figure, but it was merely a statue. In it's hand, however, was a red token.

...but what was the purpose of this random red token, and how did this statue even get here in the first place??

ID# 209468 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG, inflicted PAR), MD: 4+2-2=4(miss)

Wyrmslash(ST-I): 23x12-50=226 Damage to Memory Wraith 2

ID# 209478 CD: 12, LD: 17+6=23(8360 Col, 2 materials, <<Unidentified T4 Perfect Consumable>>)

Vigilon: HP 710/760 | EN 71/110 | 23 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | PAR | 6 LD 

Enemies:

Memory Wraith 2: HP 0/760 | 128 DMG | 50 MIT | 2 ACC | 3 EVA

Edited by Vigilon

Dazia could only hope that this fight wouldn't take nearly as long as the one it was trying to replicate. The false Wardege clearly wasn't willing to drop the act, based on what he did next. After getting back up, he readied himself to attack again. "Disbelief, then? Alright...it's your choice, as it won't matter in the end..." He would once again attempt an attack. Dazia would sidestep to avoid, and proceed to attack the enemy at its flank. The attack left his armor damaged, and just about anything could end this battle now...well, end it in Dazia's favor, that is.

"I guess you're right, it won't matter, since it's gonna end in the same way as it did before." Dazia remarked. "I'm put in a situation of kill or be killed, and I survive by killing the assailant."

Victory was assured at this point, there wasn't really much else to it.

ID# 209479 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG), MD: 4+2-4=2(miss)

25x18-200=250 Damage to Memory Wraith 1

Dazia: HP 660/660 | EN 67/84 | 23 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 4 EVA | 8 Fallen | 1 LD

Enemies:

Memory Wraith 1: HP 35/430, 128 DMG | 200 MIT | 2 ACC 

Edited by Dazia

Vigilon picked up the strange token, and then the door opened. Vigilon decided that it was time to leave, as there was nothing else here for him. Hopefully he'd be able to catch up with Dazia so that there wouldn't be any further encounters dealt with alone.

When he left through the door, however, he found himself...in a room that wasn't the entry hall. Figures. "Oh, come on!" He groaned. "I'm not gonna be trapped here, am I?"

So maybe it wasn't just the rooms' interiors that moved...but maybe the rooms themselves? Wait, how does that even work? This is a Citadel, right? Rooms can't move like that! Vigilon began to rack his brain for possibilities. "Let's see...how could I have gotten from there to here, when there was only one door in the room? Hmm....no, there's no halls connecting the rooms to the doors, and the structures are straight, not curved...SO HOW IN THE HEAVENS IS THIS HAPPENING???"

As his mind fell into chaos in his utter failure to try making sense of the room he was just in, there was nothing he could do for the moment but wait and hope that Dazia would show up soon.

So much for making this quick.

Dazia made several attempts to attack and get past the enemy's armor, some of which almost didn't fail. The latest attempt, however, had the worst outcome. The enemy's weapon got caught on Dazia's cloth armor, despite not actually damaging her, but the enemy proceeded to move his weapon upwards, in a sudden, swift motion, effectively tossing Dazia several meters/yards in the air, flipping in midair about three times in the process. Dazia could only see the white of the room, so she was unable to tell where she'd land. For some reason, despite the shock of the impact, Dazia found herself not taking any fall damage from this. If anything, this was the only luck she had in this moment...and Dazia was agitated by this unprecedented development.

This wouldn't play out as Dazia originally intended, but she knew what she would do when she finally got another chance to attack.

ID# 209480 BD: 1(Critical fail), MD: 2+2-4=1(miss)

Dazia: HP 660/660 | EN 69/84 | 23 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 4 EVA | 8 Fallen | 1 LD

Enemies:

Memory Wraith 1: HP 35/430, 128 DMG | 200 MIT | 2 ACC 

Edited by Dazia

Time passed, Dazia didn't show up. That meant only one thing... Vigilon had to just move on and assume she was ok.

Exploring this other corridor was easier than anticipated, but it was probably because the strange statues had enough of a variety that they kept things from looking the same. Which door should Vigilon open next? What would he find there? Would he come out somewhere else like what ended up happening last time?

Too much confusion. Vigilon needed something simple for once.

Then he reached the end of the hall and found a larger set of doors. When he approached them, he saw that there were...slots...where some things could fit...shaped like...tokens...and Vigilon had only one. "Figures." Vigilon muttered. Looks like he'd have to explore a little more if he wanted to see what lay beyond those doors.

He walked over to the nearest smaller door and opened it...entering another room that changed its layout once Vigilon entered. As Vigilon looked around, he then noticed something off. Despite its white coloring, as white as the rest of this room, the treasure chest within the room could not hide from Vigilon.

ID# 209481 LD: 20+6=26(found a treasure chest!)

Edited by Vigilon

Dazia got up, and stared daggers at her foe. "I'm done with this." She decided. "I've had it with you and your shit, this ends now!"

The false Wardege stood firm and readied himself for what was to come next...but instead of attacking, he would declare, "If you really want to end this now, do it right this time. Have you really changed at all? Do you understand what you're doing? Tell me, Dazia, are you still willing to kill me with hatred, or will you end this without malice?"

If this stupid apparition knew anything about Dazia, there wouldn't even be a need to say this. This apparition was not humanity, Wardege himself did not resemble or represent humanity in any way, shape or form...but if to be treated like the general population of humanity was what this thing wanted...then that's what it would get. Dazia may have used a weaker sword art, but it was still executed in a way that would cause excruciating pain. Dazia then thrust her weapon into her foe, and twisted the blade. "Humanity...in its current state, is beyond salvation. If I could do something about it, I would have done so long ago! Hardly anyone among humanity deserves to live, the rest can die in agony for all I care!" She declared. "And what I wouldn't give to see them bleed..." She growled, a seething hatred within her voice.

The false Wardege looked disappointed. "So...you see them as irredeemable monsters, then? Ha...I suppose that's why...you became one yourself..."

The false Wardege then shattered, and the loot menu would appear in front of Dazia.

"What a waste of time." She muttered.

@Vigilon

ID# 209482 BD: 4+3=7(hit), MD: 9

Shadow Cutter(ST-I): 23x12-200=76 Damage to Memory Wraith 1

ID# 209483 CD: 4, LD: 3+1=4(2150 Col, 2 materials)

Dazia: HP 660/660 | EN 61/84 | 23 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 4 EVA | 8 Fallen | 1 LD

Enemies:

Memory Wraith 1: HP 0/430, 128 DMG | 200 MIT | 2 ACC 

Edited by Dazia
  • 5 months later...

Vigilon walked over to the chest and opened it up. Inside it was a decent amount of loot. Maybe someone would have use for this later on, if it turned out to be something Vigilon had no use for. Due to a growing collection of unidentified items, he was gonna need to look for a trustworthy appraiser who could identify it all.

So this heap of stuff had better be well worth the trouble of gathering it all. For the time being, he would hold onto all of the stuff. Now he just needed to figure out what this room here was all about. With everything being white, it might be troublesome to figure out anything at all. What was it all supposed to resemble?

The shapes make out something familiar, but...what was it again? What was this place shaping itself to be similar to? Was it something Vigilon hadn't seen in so long to the point where he'd forgotten about it, even if Cardinal remembered?

ID# 210010 LD: 17+1=18(5500 Col, 12 materials, <<Unidentified T4 Perfect Weapon 210010a>>, <<Unidentified T4 Perfect Light Armor 210010b>>, <<Unidentified T4 Perfect Consumable 210010c>>, and <<Unidentified T4 Perfect Consumable 210010d>>)

Edited by Vigilon
  • 2 months later...

The room had literally nothing else of interest, save for a statue with some kind of token. Dazia would take the token, and the door would open.

Realizing she wasn't in the entryway, Dazia proceeded to wander cautiously, for that apparition might not have been alone. She soon noticed a familiar face, before checking above him for a non player cursor. Seeing the green player cursor, she then walked over to him.

"Apparitions." Dazia began. "If there's nothing here, they heard apparitions." She crossed her arms and looked to the side, her expression agitated. "I suppose the rumors of memories attacking players has been proven, at least. Let's move on before anything else shows up with the intent to ruin our day."

Oddly enough, it was during this moment that something was watching from higher ground. They did not remove their violet cowl, but hopefully silence was all they needed to keep from being seen.

The fact that Dazia had wandered into this room was good news, at least. Both players checked above the others' head to see if the cursor color was green or yellow. Thankfully, both were green. Dazia spoke of Apparitions, and Vigilon's experience proved her statement. "I know, I fought one of them just recently. It took the appearance of someone who tried to kill me once." Now that both players were reunited, they could explore the citadel again without having to worry...right?

Turns out they couldn't.

Vigilon heard a sudden noise and turned around to see Dazia getting backstabbed by someone wearing a violet cowl and gray hide-coated set of light armor. Vigilon drew his weapon and would prepare his sword art while Dazia was getting out of harm's way. Once the coast was clear, Vigilon unleashed his sword art and struck the assailant, dealing a fair chunk of damage before getting hit with the enemy's retaliating strike.

ID# 212374 MD: 7-4+3=6(hit)

ID# 212375 BD: 7+4-3=8(hit), MD: 6+3-2=7(hit)

Draco Rend(AoE-I): 23x15-50=295 Damage to Memory Wraith 3!

[1]Vigilon: HP 688/760 | EN 95/110 | 23 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | PAR | 6 LD

[0]Dazia: HP 484/660 | EN 65/84 | 23 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 4 EVA | 8 Fallen | 1 LD

Memory Wraith 3: HP 705/1000, 150 DMG, 50 MIT, 3 ACC, 3 EVA | Sneak Attack: Memory Wraith 3 attacks first when combat starts. This attack deals an additional 70 DMG if it hits.

Edited by Vigilon

Dazia heard something land behind her, but before she could turn around with her blade drawn, a dagger plunged into her avatar from behind. Dazia struggled to free herself from her assailant's grip as Vigilon was drawing his weapon. After struggling free, Dazia turned around to see her assailant.

"Ugh, damn it..." Dazia muttered. "Another apparition."

The apparition pulled off her cowl, revealing her face. Dazia knew this face, it was the second player she'd killed. "Apparition, you say? Well, that's not a very nice way to describe someone you fatally wounded." The apparition remarked. "You're gonna pay for what you did, you monster."

Before the apparition could continue, Vigilon struck her with a sword art. The false Lupix would glare at him. "Alright...maybe you'll die first." She growled, before attacking Vigilon with her sharpened dagger. Dazia readied her sword art to attack, but for some reason, this was anticipated, for the Apparition nimbly dodged Dazia's attack.

ID# 212376 BD: 5+3-3=5(miss)

[1]Vigilon: HP 688/760 | EN 95/110 | 23 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | PAR | 6 LD

[0]Dazia: HP 484/660 | EN 67/84 | 23 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 4 EVA | 8 Fallen | 1 LD

Memory Wraith 3: HP 705/1000, 150 DMG, 50 MIT, 3 ACC, 3 EVA | Sneak Attack: Memory Wraith 3 attacks first when combat starts. This first attack deals an additional 70 DMG if it hits.

Edited by Dazia