[PP-F24] Valentines Day Tournament - Round 1

Round 1 Bracket

Spoiler

Note - this may change as new people sign up, but the match ups here will remain consistent. If an awkward number of people join, some may end up with a buy, but I'll figure it out as we go.

image.png.51dfe06d7cbb73ba15fb44fb940c1549.png

Baldur Info:

Spoiler

Baldur | HP: 900/900 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 5 | BH: 45 | AA | BRN: 56 | | KEEN: 1 | REC: 4
Level 32 | Paragon 57 | Tier 4

Dojo Pictures:

Spoiler

Outside looks something like this:
CwuPY2M.png

Inside looks something like this:
uiHHXF8.jpg

Rules:

Spoiler

OOC: I will update this as it becomes required.
This is essentially a rock-paper-scissors format for the duel. You as a player are free to describe the round however you wish, but the RPS will determine who "hits" and gets a point for that round. In the interest of moving things along, other than the first (and perhaps the last) attack, you will make 2 RPS "throws" per round. It will look something like this
Round 1: Player A chooses Rock/Paper/Scissors and PMs it to Baldur*. Player A then writes there post describing the start of the fight and their first attack (success unknown)
Round 2: Player B chooses Rock/Paper/Scissors and PMs it to Baldur. Baldur lets Player B know if they were successful or not. Player B then chooses Rock/Paper/Scissors again and PMs it to Baldur (success unknown). Playbe B then writes the post, resolving Player A's attack and the results of that clash, narrating the scoring (or tie) of the first point, as well as their counter attack.
Round 3: Player A chooses Rock/Paper/Scissors and PMs it to Baldur. Baldur lets PLayer A know if they were successful or not. Player A then chooses Rock/Paper/Scissors again and PMs it to Baldur (success unknown). Player A then writes the post, resolving Player B's attack and the results of that clash, narring the scoring (or tie) of the second point, as well as their counter attack.
Round 4: Player B chooses Rock/Paper/Scissors and PMs it to Baldur. Baldur lets Player B know if they were successful or not. This may be the final (3rd point) or it may not. If it is, player B writes the resolution of the fight based on the final point. If it is NOT the final point, then the above continues until one player has scored 3 points.

First player to score 3 points wins round 1. Later rounds may raise the point requirement based on feedback from round 1.

Upon scoring 3 points, please let Baldur know so that he can update the bracket. At this point, until the round is complete for everyone, you may RP in the observation thread. Even if this is the post match "good game, well played" please use the observation thread, just to help with the orderliness of the combat thread.

Once round 1 is complete, Baldur will update the bracket and assign everyone round 2 duels.

*Baldur, IC, is the tournament organizer, but has others helping to judge the duels, as multiple duels will be going on simultaneously. Each duel, IC, is judged by 2 people. These can be faceless NPC players from the Jacob's Ladder guild. OOC you can DM Baldur in the discord with your RPS, Lessa is also available for duels Lessa is not available for. If both players agree on the judge, another judge may be used for the players to DM their rock/paper/scissors results to. Said judge should reach out to Baldur and make sure they understand how this should be run before agreeing.

IC, all players are wearing equipment provided by Baldur. This equipment makes the duel safe, and prevents anyone from using system enhanced abilities to deal damage. The use of a <<Training Weapon>> means that your crystal color does not change. It does not activate reflective damage, etc. All damage dealt is 0. No one will take IC damage from the duels.  Shenanigans that happen outside of the official tournament duels should take place in the observation thread, or another thread of your choice. Baldur's home is not within a safe zone. That said, he is wandering around keeping an eye on the matches, and may intervene if something irregular happens. Please DM Baldur on discord if you feel something happens which he would notice and intervene.

The number 1 rule of this tournament is to have fun. Please be a good custodian of your partner's 

The shoji panel walls of the dojo were flung open wide, letting fresh air and sunlight stream into the room. Just beyond the shoji panel walls, was the engawa which ran all the way around the dojo. It was sprinkled with cushions for people to sit on while they watched the matches taking place inside. Just across the water were other rooms Baldur had opened up for sitting, so that people could sit in separate areas if they wished for more or less privacy. Not everyone enjoyed a crowd.

He had the brackets for the tournament posted in several different places throughout the grounds, but the official one was here in the dojo near the rack of wooden practice weapons. He had a variety of swords, from what he knew about many of the contestants, but also had axes, spears, and a few wraps for hand-to-hand. People were welcome to fight however they wished, the rules would be the same.

Once the participants had gathered, Baldur would smile and welcome them all.

"Welcome everyone, to my home and to the Musha Shugyo Dojo.

I chose this name because it represents the sacred journey, the mission of martial arts, that of self improvement. You are not my students, however, well not all of you. However, I still wish for this spirit to be the core of what we accomplish today. Good sportsmanship can build bonds between one another just as a tournament can help us refine and improve our skills. We all share a common tragedy in Aincrad, but it is my hope that this tournament, starting today on Valentines day, and ending tomorrow on White Day, will bring us all together. To give us a chance to learn more about one another, to build bonds of friendship and shared experience. Together, we shall succeed."

He smiled and gestured to the rack of wooden weapons, bokken, axes, spears, hammers, and wraps.

"Please make sure you are using one of the official tournament weapons for everyone's safety. Round one will be first to 3 hits. We will have multiple fights going on at the same time, but there will be a minute to rest between rounds so that you can get food and drink. Ramen is provided by my lovely student @Cordelia, and the ever graceful @Snow is making sure that tea and water are available for everyone. If you need anything specific, feel free to ask any member of my guild, <<Jacob's Ladder>> and they can help you."

He scanned the eyes of everyone around, they seemed excited, and that brought joy to Baldur's heart.

"Remember that this is a competition in the spirit of friendship and conduct yourselves honorably while inside my home and dojo. And remember, first place gets one of the few remaining <<Safeguard>> potions, a valuable prize I am sure all will recognize. I have also prepared a feast for two in one of my most beautiful rooms, surrounded by one of my most beautiful gardens, with a lovely view of the sunset over the edge of the island. It is one of my favorite spots in the entire grounds. I hope whomever wins, and whomever they chose to share it with, love it as much as I do."

He brought his hands together and clapped three times in a strange sort of ritual, and then bowed to everyone present.

"Good luck to all the competitors, and may the games begin!"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncertain exactly whom her opponent would be, Nari picked up one of the wooden swords, testing it in her hand. Finding the sparring area, she wandered of, positioning herself on the far side, facing the centre and waited for her opponent to appear. She held the blade slightly off to her left, her right hand pulled open towards the ground, with her left foot forward. 

'Centre of balance, remember.' Nari took a deep breath, watching for who would step up to challenge her. She recognised few of the faces here, so the names wouldn't help much. It didn't take long for an orange haired individual to step into the ring with her. 

Nari didn't take time to focus on him, instead deciding that surprise would be the best assist here. As soon as he had taken his ready stance, and it was clear that the fight had commenced, Nari launched herself towards her opponent, the wooden sword in her left hand swinging upwards in a slash across the body, while her right hand swung backwards, causing her feet to follow and spinning her entire form to the right as she let the momentum carry her. 

She kept her eyes focused on her opponents - watching for the sign that they would likely give away of his intent, ready to adjust her movement if he should suddenly react. 

'Show me everything you have.' She spared but a moment for the thought, her face set in a look of determination. 'I'm coming for you, and I won't hold anything back.'

Nari's Outfit

Spoiler

IMG_20220203_141010.thumb.jpg.e0fe6648026e0dab0cb604f067fc0b25.jpg

Spoiler

Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 3 | HP: 60/60 | EN: 24/24 | DMG: 5 | ACC: 1 | MIT: 14 |

One Handed Short Sword, Plate Armour, Lanreth's Defender

Spoiler

Word Count: 353

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Outfit image

k o g a the elder wolf
Spoiler

notes:

• none

Koga, Lvl 32 / 31 HP: 800/800 | EN: 114/114 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 6 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | B.HEALING: 44/88

equipped battle-ready inventory
  • Vanity White Gi
  • Vanity Black Obi

skills

Spoiler

| UTILITY

• Searching III | +1 LD per rank. +1 to Stealth Detection per rank. | 14 SP
    • Night Vision | Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness. Negates the bonus Stealth Rating from low light or darkness. | 3 SP

| COMBAT

• Combat Shift: Single Target | For the following Sword Arts, +3 to multipliers and +2 to EN cost; ST-I, ST-II, ST-B. No other Shifts may be taken. | 10 SP
  • Mastery: Damage III | Gain 1 * Tier Damage per rank | 13 SP
  • Battle Healing V | Recover 5% (rounded down) of your maximum HP at the start of your turn | 30 SP
    • Emergency Recovery | When non-fatal damage would leave you with 25% or less of your maximum HP, recover 10% of your maximum HP after the attack resolves. Effect cannot occur more than once per thread.  When activated if the player has lower than 10 energy remaining, simply reduce the player's energy to 0. | 6 SP
      • EN Cost: 10
  • Energist | Increase Base Energy by 5 * Tier | 8 SP
  • Charge | Perform a single attack/Sword Art with +5 base damage. Charge attacks have a -1 Accuracy debuff and cannot be affected by any auto-hit effects. | 10 SP
    • Cooldown: 3 Posts

| WEAPON

• Katana V | +7 DMG when equipped with a Katana | 30 SP
    • Stamina | Reduces the energy of all Katana attacks by 2 EN | 4 SP
    • Precision | Gain +1 ACC. | 2 SP
    • Ferocity | +2 DMG when using Katana Sword Arts | 4 SP

| ARMOR

• Light Armor V | +30 MIT when equipped with Light Armor, -2 Stealth | 30 SP
    • Meticulous | +1 DMG when equipped with Light Armor | 4 SP
    • Resolve | +1 ACC and +10 * Tier HP when equipped with Light Armor | 6 SP

| EXTRAS

• Familiar Master: Rending | You and your familiar attack in tandem, applying Rend [7*tier unmitigatable damage] to the target that lasts for two turns. | 10 SP
    • Cooldown: 5 Posts
  • Survival | Increases Healing effects received from all sources by 10%. Grants immunity to all damage dealing environmental attacks/effects. | 0 SP

buffs

Spoiler

| PARAGON REWARDS

• Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 10% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +3% EXP Gain.

| BUFFS

• <<Well Rested>> | -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat.
  • <<Squeaky Clean>> | The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down).
  • <<Item Stash>> | +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
  • <<Relaxed>> | Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
  • <<Multipurpose>> | Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll.

koga_stats_100x100.jpg.1edf6e7b5000fe9bb4983c2a1c37c8d9.jpg

As soon as Koga had found out who his first opponent was, he was practically giddy with excitement. It was unlikely anyone had ever seen him this emotional the entire time they've been in the game. It was like he was a little schoolboy, grinning and eager for the round to begin.

When the two men stepped into the ring, Koga was still grinning, cracking his knuckles, the popping sound coming out muffled from beneath his handwraps. Sure, he could have picked up a bokken, like everyone else, he was more than comfortable with the item, he'd spent most of his life with one in his hands. But there was something so satisfying about using his fists every once in a while.

"Hey, Alkie," Koga called across the ring before bowing. "Please tell me you're as excited about this as I am?" The Wolf took a pretty standard martial arts stance. Hands up near his face, hands relaxed, his feet apart, stable, but ready to move, bounce away on the balls of his feet at a moment's notice. "Give it your all, right? I'm not gonna be satisfied unless we have a good fight."

Koga wasn't usually the first one to make a move in a fight like this, but the man sprung forward as soon as the fight was started. Almost a blur as he closed distance with his opponent, trying to get within the other man's guard to let loose a quick jab.

@Alkor

Koga scores

Koga: 1/3
Alkor: 0/3

Koga's Outfit:

Spoiler

Dougi_600.767815.jpg.8bf40c660bf130ee2cdf14db5be1a2cb.jpg

Edited by Koga

He stepped into the ring with a training blade at his hip, immediately thankful that the first round was someone he could let loose with. Koga was like Alkor in many ways. He had a fresh outlook on their circumstances, and he strived to get stronger. There was no better opponent to gauge himself against. The man was clad in the garb of a martial artists and his chosen weapons appeared to be his fists. Alkor could hear the crackle and pop of Koga's knuckles and the excitement that sparked like electricity between them. With a wry smile, the Black Phoenix replied to the man's greeting with only the most gleeful bloodlust. There were no hard feelings in this place. There would not be any.

"Oh, excited is hardly the word."

Cue music

His blade erupted from the scabbard as Koga closed on him. Alkor had no intention of holding back or going easy on the man. They had both survived in Aincrad for this long. Neither man had any cause to fear death. Neither man had the right to withhold anything. The conversation was for their skills to dictate, and the blood that splashed across the dirt to record for the future. In a flash of skin and blunted steel, their bodies became a blur as the Cardinal System overlapped their movements, tracking input woven together with honed skill. 

Koga's attack came dangerously close, closer than previously anticipated. It took him a half-step backward to correct his positioning, and that was enough to offset his original intention to counterattack. No, Koga wasn't a simple cardinal generated enemy with predictable patterns. Alkor gnawed on his lip and bristled at the way he'd handled things, but there was no time to fully reflect on that now. Instead of beating himself up, he channeled that frustration and anger into combat, maintaining a more defensive stance now as he refused to back off of Koga and reset. Real combat didn't work like that, and neither of them was going to start over after making a mistake.

War was a commitment to facing danger. Conflict was gambling with death as a real possibility. If either man gave up a point, it would be no different from losing points from their health to them.

Alkor brought his weapon round and tested Koga's defense this time, much in the same way that his opponent had tested his to begin.

This time, they would have a more decisive answer.

Spoiler

Stats

Level 32 // Paragon 28

780/780 HP  112/112 EN

23 Base Damage 30 Mitigation

5 Accuracy 3 Evasion 

32 Blight Damage (20 Mitigation loss for duration) 

48 Bleed Damage

Paralyze

42 Battle Healing 

Survival (10% increase to healing effects applied)

Equipment:

Witchfang : Tier 4 Demonic One Handed Straight Sword // CURSED / BLIGHT / BLEED / PARALYZE

"Forged from the fang of a Black Dragon, this blade promises ruin to those who are struck by it. The blade's edge is fashioned of Obsidian andinvested with a myriad of afflictions."

Cloak of the Wanderer : Tierless Perfect Light Armor // EVASION / EVASION / EVASION

"Tattered from the wear of many battles, this cloak was once worn by a warrior who faced the trials of the Castle and through the flames found the strength to walk again."

Eye of Osiris : Tierless Perfect Accessory // ACCURACY / ACCURACY / ACCURACY

"A pin fashioned in the style of Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs, depicting the eye of the god Osiris."

Approaching the opened dojo where the first round of the tournament was to take place, Jomei was finally able to place a face to the name of his opponent. The violet haired girl, who stood more more than a foot shorter than the tall ginger himself, stood on the opposite side of the mat, leaving a space across from her for him to ready himself. He offered a kind smile to her as he entered past the open panels of the dojo. With a bokken shoved into the belt of the hakama he wore, he placed a band around his wrist and used both hands to retrieve all of the long tufts of hair he normally wore in front of his face. Bunching them up at the back of his skull, he would take hold of the band around his wrist with a finger before using it to secure the hair into an unruly ponytail that jutted off the rear of his head. 

Exhaling a deep breath, he would step onto the mat, leaving the zori sandals that came with the uniform behind him. "Ah, so you're Nari.. I don't believe we've met before. I'm Jomei." the Irishman greeted her with a bow of his head. Reaching a hand across his body, fingers wrapped around the handle of the wooden bokken before he pulled it from his belt. Despite being formed more like a katana, Jomei held the weapon as he would a rapier; his right arm extended with a bent elbow, while his left hand pressed against the small of his back. "May the best-" he began to speak, wishing the two of them a fun, fair duel before Nari broke into action. Olive eyes widened, dropping the cheery expression as he readied himself for this duel. As the woman closed in, her blade traveled upwards to slash across Jomei's body. With quick timing, the ginger took a small, retreating step back and met the tip of Nari's weapon with the center of his own. The sound of wood clashing against wood sounded out as the block connected. Jomei looked through the locked blades at his opponent with a smirk, "May the best one win." 

With a pump of his arm, he would push Nari's blade back out of the way before pulling a wrist back. Then with a step towards the woman, he would try to drive the tip of his rapier wooden sword forward to tap Nari in the collarbone.

Tie
Jomei counters

Nari-Larenth: 0/3
Jomei: 0/3

Spoiler

Level: 31 | Paragon: 50 | Tier: 4 | HP: 820| EN: 120 

Jomei: 820/820 HP | 120/120 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 44| EVA 3 | ACC 4 | BH 41 | HLY BLS 16 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 1 | F.Sprt.

Equipment
Nihilim's Wrath  : Abs Acc | Bleed | Fallen
Vestige of St.Patrick: Holy B| Mit | EVA | EVA
Alatreon's Will: ACC | ACC | ACC

Rending Familiar: Adere

Skills
Saber R5 | TECH Spec.
Combat Mastery DMG R3

Cloth Armor R5
Charge
B Healing R5
Energist
Fighting Spirit
MA R2
Extra:
Concentration
Survival (x)
Meditation (x)
Parry
Forgotten Kind's Authority
Photosynthesize (x)
Brawler (x)
Hiding R.3

Mods
Athletics (x)

Addons
Stamina (x)
Ferocity (x)
Precision (x)
Nimble (x)

Housing Buffs: 
Bedroom: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat    
Bathroom: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)    
Dining Room: Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.
Living Room: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Nari felt a smile break across her face as the ginger haired man spoke to her – the words echoing in her ears, yet not fully registering in her mind. Focused on the fight, she watched as his arm and eyes twitched, the tip of his wooden training sword suddenly lashing out towards her.

Ducking and rolling upwards and to her right, she bent over backwards, taking a risk and slashing out towards his lower torso, slashing one handed with her wooden sword to strike against his side.

Hearing the resounding smack, Nari returned to a standing position, backing off slightly and taking her sword in both hands.

“You’re fast I’ll give you that. But are you fast enough?” The words slipped from her mouth as she spoke, a hint of excitement and slight tone of humour on the edge of the words themselves.

Flicking her right foot forward, Nari spun around to her right, making a feint to bring her blade around in a wide arc. As she finished the turn, however, she thrust the blade forward as it swept through the air following her turning movement, forcing the tip of the blade to surge toward the man’s chest.

Nari wins.

Nari counters

Nari-Larenth: 1/3

Spoiler

Word Count: 199

Koga's first blow missed, but it put Alkor off-balance, on the defensive. He had to keep up the pressure, not give him the opportunity to strike back. Alkor had more range than Koga, if given the opportunity, the man would surely score a point.

The Wolf let loose a barrage of strikes and blows. Punches and kicks came at all angles at the man, who dodged and blocked each blow with a familiar alacrity, refusing to back down. Just what he would have expected from his opponent.

Though they were friends, comrades, there was no mercy in their blows. They'd spoken at length with words, about all manner of topics, but this was a conversation of another kind. There was no ire or ill will, but there was intent. To prove to each other who they were, show their truest of colors.

A small change in posture was all the warning Koga got. A shift of Alkor's foot as he brought his blade around to swing at Koga's right. Koga shifted too, his feet turning away from Alkor as his body moved like bending back, narrowly avoiding the bamboo blade, close enough that he could feel the wind whip by.

It was a swift and simple movement, but Alkor had made the mistake of leaving Koga an opening, however small. His right leg shot out, the loud thudding sound of flesh on flesh, the firm sensation of an impact against Alkor's chest, pushing him away.

There was a chance now to score another point. With a heavy thud, Koga set his foot down and used it to push off from the floor. His right hand chambered to strike again.

@Alkor

Counter: Koga scores
Attack: Tie

Edited by Koga

Crack!

Nari's wooden blade smashed into Jomei's side a she managed to dodge his and open herself up to get past his own defenses. He grimaced, despite feeling nothing more than slight tingling sensation at the point of impact. The pained, grit teeth turned into a grin, "Lucky hit."

He reset his form, knocking Nari's blade away and shuffling back towards his starting position. The ginger shifted his grip of the wooden blade, grabbing the handle with both hands and holding it at a slightly askew 45 degree angle. Note to self.. katanas don't work well as rapiers.. Most of his sword skills came from wielding a saber on the frontlines for this long. He wasn't as proficient with using a katana to fight. The grin he wore slowly faded again as a seriousness washed over him, for he was not going to allow himself to fall within the first round. 

Nari quickly came in for another hit her blade traveling wide. Ready to block once again, his grip shifted in a vertical block to the side. The tip of Nari's blade simply grazed the face of the bokken. Olive eyes followed the tip of Nari's wooden weapon as it cleared his guard yet again, thrusting forth towards his chest. As she had requested to see, quick hands had Jomei's blade travel back to his other side, crashing into Nari's blade just before colliding with his chest. 

The moment he out of harms way, his wrist spun, sending the blade into an orbit as it came around and over his head with a strike coming down from Nari's shoulder to hip.

Nari wins counter
Jomei attacks

The announcement had aired finally, they were about to get everything underway, it seemed. Violet let out a yawn as she stretched her limbs, flexing her fingers as she made her way over to where the fights were meant to take place.

Violet cracked her knuckles as she stood at the edge of the area where she was meant to be fighting, a grin on her face. "What a great turnout, heh..!" The grin quickly turned almost Feral as her opponent stepped up to the area. She casually slung her Bokken over her shoulder, leaning forward slightly. She bowed to her opponent, pointing her blade to the ground and leaning down on it, a hand resting on its hilt, her elbow propping her chin up. "Let's give these spectators a decent showing, shall we? Here's to a good match!" Violet kept her lax pose, closing her eyes. Now her blood was really, really pumping! She suddenly snapped up, her weapon flying towards her opponent, Her eyes gleaming with excitement.

The fight was on.

Stats

@Bismuth

Spoiler

Stats

• Level 31 (Paragon Lvl 5)
  • 680 HP
  • 102 EN
  • 21 DMG
  • 78 MIT
  • Acc 4
  • 32 Blight
  • 40 Frostbite
  • 56 Burn
  • 68 Vamp. Def.
Edited by tricolor_mina

Against... Macradon?

Hm. Strange. The most she knew of, tactically, was his penchant for utilizing straight swords the same way she did. Raw power and rage from the last fight against the fallen king. She felt a jolt of fear from his determination and declarations back in that arena, too, while in recollection. It stole her attention from the present as she was examining the weapon rack.

How much backlash was she going to get in return for her stunt?

NIGHT hadn't thought too much of anyone else's position on the fight. But Macradon's cries had bordered on digital bloodlust. And there was no guarantee she could best him with her usual weapon -- wasn't he a veteran over her own ability?

Her decision for picking up an unfamiliar tool, then, was strained. Not that she didn't want to win, but if by sheer luck she was capable of maneuvering herself correctly, that would be one less threat she would have to face in the tournament. A smaller sword than the ones she was familiar with was chosen -- a chokuto, complete with its sheathe -- and NIGHT toyed with the performance of the weapon for a moment. It was in hesitance that she strode up into the arena, the item set to her waist, a hand on the hilt of the blade.

"It's nothing personal, but whenever you're ready."

Her eyes searched for a signal in the man's posture; a sign, a tick that would give away his preparation for a skirmish. Then, when nerves gave in for one of them, she moved first, getting in close, blade drawn in the blink of an eye.

b3ue0Fx.png | NIGHT
 | Lv. 105 >> P. 73, Lv. 32
 | Status: //

Notes:
 //

Spoiler

NIGHT | HP: 920/920 | EN: 130/130 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY: 8 | PHASE | LD: 5 | BH: 38 | Stealth Rating: 6

equipped

• Orgoth's Legacy
    ACC, PHASE, HOLY (8)
  • Tracksuit of Unfathomable Fashionability
    MIT (24), LM II
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    ACC II, EVA II

battle-ready inventory

• //

skills

Spoiler

mod count: 4/5

• 2HSS | RANK 5/5
    • focus, stamina, precision
    • shift: aoe
  • CLOTH ARMOR | RANK 5/5
    • athletics, nimble
  • COMBAT MASTERY: DMG | RANK 3/3
  • SEARCHING | RANK 4+1/5
  • BATTLE HEALING | RANK 5/5
  • EXTENDED MOD LIMIT
  • ENERGIST
  • FAMILIAR: PROFESSION
  • QUICK CHANGE

extra

1. SURVIVAL
  2. CONCENTRATION
  3. HIDING
    • blindside, vanish, surprise attack-t

buffs

Spoiler

statue

• BIALAS | +TAUNT
  • MOTHRA | +1 EN Recovery
  • TANOS | +25 MIT
  • MORETSUNA | +50 HP
  • OROCHI | +1 LD
  • KUMATETSU | +1 DMG

consumables

1. - - -
  2. - - -

paragon

• Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 15% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +1 LD to looting.

sword arts

Spoiler

en cost matches multiplier unless stated otherwise. shift underlined.

• ST | x12 -> x15 | x20
  • AOE | x15 -> x18
  • TECH-A | x12 | STUN | 13EN
  • TECH-B | x12 | DELAY
  • TECH-D | x12 | SHATTER
  • TECH-G | x12 | BURN

misc.

Spoiler

housing

• Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

gathering

• Greenhouse
    | +2 G.EXP, +1 CD&LD to gathering attempts.
  • Familiar: Profession
    | +2 G.EXP
  • Demeter's Cornucopia
    | +1 CD to gathering attempts. 

Nari watched as the blade spun up and over her opponent’s head, her eyes remaining trained on his, and the slight smile on his lips. She felt herself tense slightly as the blade began to fall. Her heart had slowed completely, her focus entirely on the fight. As she watched, everything seemed to slow down, the blade coming closer and closer to her.

“Impressive.” Bringing her blade down towards his feet, Nari will duck to her left, moving down and under the blade swing, feeling the very wind of it sail over her body. Unable to get a proper swing off from the awkward position, Nari will roll backwards, hopping to her feet as soon as she puts some distance between them.

“Very impressive, but is it enough?” The words almost a whisper on her lips as she pulls back and readies herself once more. Bringing the blade perpendicular to the ground, she’ll hoist it in two hands, the point levelled with her opponent’s face. Half stepping forward, she’ll drive the point straight at her target, pulling it down towards his chest at the last moment.

Tie
Nari attacks

Spoiler

Word Count: 186

Bismuth heard the announcement that went off for the tournament to begin, a hint of fear gripping his heart as he walked up to the weapon rack. Looking Bismuth grabbed what was the equivalent of a dagger but made of wood. Finding a bit of confidence again Bismuth went to the arena, his legs shaking only slightly as he made it to the sandy arena. In front of him was what seemed like a very confident and bloodthirsty woman. 

Bismuth held his wooden dagger up in what was equivalently a horrible fighting stance, his hands barely even able to hold his weapon as his memories flooded with sticks and fists, his breathe coming out ragged as he tried to get his legs to move. This isn't a real fight he thought to himself as he nodded at his opponent, knowing that if he tried to speak his voice wouldn't come out. With a burst of what might have been bravado, but was probably just fear pumping through his bloodstream. He ran to the woman who was his opponent surprised as he felt his blade swing into her side with a thump as he went to swing, a jolt blowing up his arm as he does. The first point was his, but now he could see his opponent up close better, and could tell he had no chance, fear gripping every muscle of his body as he did his best to prepare for a counter attack. as he raised his blade in an overhead swing as fast as he could.

Bismuth 1/3

Mina 0/3

Bismuth's point

Edited by Bismuth

"FREEEYYYYYYD!" Astreya called out as she hefted her bokken in one hand, pointing at the other individual.  "You're like, the strongest guy I know in this game, so I'm gonna come at you with like...everything I've got!" she spoke.  The girl hoisted up her pants, making sure that they weren't going to interfere with her movement as she shifted her stance slightly.  

She normally used the two-handed straight sword, and due to that, she'd taken the nodachi-sized bokken, which was so much lighter than she expected, compared to the weapon that she normally wielded.  She hoped that it would work pretty well against Freyd- but she didn't really know how well this fight would go.  After all, Freyd was, as she just said, quite literally one of the strongest people she knew.  

All the same, as soon as Freyd was in position, the young woman shifted her stance, noting that some of the other fights had begun around her.  "Okay!  Like!  Here I go!" she called, not really caring that she was broadcasting what she was going to do as she moved.  Bereft of her armor, the woman was actually quite quick as she darted in, taking swing that was both practice as well as testing Freyd.  The woman's wrists rolled as she moved, aiming to strike in what looked like a standard horizonal strike, but her wrists planned to twist at the last moment, coming up under whatever guard Freyd might do and come up against his ribs.

@Freyd

That quick reaction time of Nari's allowed her to anticipate Jomei's over head strike. Bobbing and weaving out of the way, the wooden blade passed over Nari's head. Jomei felt his muscles tense as he was quite open for a counter from the woman, but she chose to instead create distance between the two combatants once more. It allowed the ginger to take a quick breath and re-center himself. Who the hell is this girl? Her natural skills are amazing..

A few strands of his ginger hair came free from their confinement behind his head. The orange strands fell in front of his face, swaying in the gentle breeze that blew in through the open panels of the dojo. Not a moments notice later, and Nari was on the attack again, this time with a thrust directly towards his face. The force behind the strike was apparent, one he would definitely not want to be behind if this were a sharpened blade. Quickly, his back foot drifted along the ground in a circular motion, followed by his other foot, mirroring the same motion and completing the flowing dodge. For a brief moment, his back was turned to Nari as he seemingly rolled along the side of her forward stab. 

Using the momentum of his spin, now on the opposite side of her, his blade followed the turning motion and swung to hit her along her shoulder blades. 

Tie
Jomei attacks

Nari couldn't help but be impressed by his flowing dodge. There was no hesitation, no shock in her feint, he simply rolled out of the way, swinging one leg behind the other in a fluid movement. 'Good. Don't make it easy.’

She watched as his body rolled away, predicting that he would follow through with a strike as he came out of the roll. Determined not to let him get away with it, Nari swung around the opposite side, bringing her blade in a tight sweep, the blade held vertical, so as to protect against any sort of wild strike her might attempt. She could see the faces of the crowd watching as she did so – little more than a blur, but a reminder that she was fighting in front of many others.

She felt as the strike from him slapped against her side, causing a sudden faulter in her movement. Side stepping away a few feet, she steadied her feet beneath her, forcing her stance wide and bringing the blade in front of her, the tip slightly lowered towards him.

Breathing deeply, she softly spoke to him. “Now you’re getting serious. Good.”

Not waiting for his response, Nari pushes off of her stance, quickly covering the distance before leaping into the air, attempting to vault over her opponent, bringing her blade in a wide arc as she spins midair, attempting to swing around and behind him, to strike right between the shoulder blades.

Jomei wins!
Nari attacks

Jomei: 1/3

Spoiler

Word Count: 244

For a short moment, the Irishman was unsure his blade would connect. Nari was small and fast, and while Jomei had speed on his side, he was a much larger target. Each of their blades swung towards each other, but seemingly in the last moment, Nari's attack faltered. Jomei's blade continued through, striking her in the side and knocking her off balance. Don't get cocky don't get cocky he said to himself over and over in his mind. 

The woman was quick to return fire at Jomei, and with a large bound, she managed to leap past Jomei and strike him in the back. He felt the blade crack against his shoulders, knocking a breath of air out of him. Even without pain, it was still an uncomfortable experience. Sweat began to trickle down the mans jawline, he was down by one.. and all she needed was a single strike against him to win. Focusing on the opponent that was behind him, Jomei quickly spun around and dropped to a knee. His blade followed the momentum, going from swinging at his hip to swinging along the ground trying to catch her in the shin.  

Nari-Larenth: 2/3

Nari knew that her spin through the air would leave her vulnerable, a low spin would be the best – the only true way to push against such a reckless attack. With this knowledge, she didn’t let her feet impact with the ground when she landed, instead allowing her momentum to carry her into a roll that would rock her further backwards, tossing her legs back up into the air as she did so.

As she rolled over her shoulder – she knew her intuition had been right. She could almost feel the edge of the wooden training sword sail just past where her feet had been just a moment before, missing by a hair’s breadth as she rolled backwards.

The moment her feet impacted the ground, she launched forward, driving the point of her training blade forward and into the chest of the surprised fighter. Pulling the strike right at the end, she shifted the blade’s tip up just a hair, booping the poor ginger on the tip of his nose.

Standing, Nari bowed deeply at the man, before returning to her full height – which was much lower than his own.

“You are an excellent bladesman. I am honoured to have had the chance to stand against you. I do hope that one day soon we meet side by side on the field, where we can truly learn more about one another.” She’ll toss a shy grin at him, before bowing once more and making her way from the fighting square, allowing her breath out in a heavy exhale as she does so.

Nari wins!

Nari-Larenth: 3/3

Spoiler

Word Count: 262

꧁༺Lessa༻꧂

Lessa, The Violet Guardian
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 47
HP: 800/800
EN: 118/118

Stats:
Damage: 28
Mitigation: 142
Accuracy: 4
Battle Healing: 44
H.M.: 8
HLY: 8
REC: 8
THRNS: 72

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Arcael's Might (T4 THSS - DMG DMG DMG HLY)
Armor: Empress Armor (T4 HA - HM HM THNS THNS)
Misc: Neutron Star Necklace (T4 TRINKET - ACC ACC REC REC)

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Straight Sword R5
Heavy Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Energist
Fighting Spirit
Charge

Active Mods:
Impetus
Emergency Recovery
Justified Riposte

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Iron Skin
Ferocity
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Parry
Survival

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal x5
Mass HP Recovery Crystal x2

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Helping Hand: Lowest-leveled guild member receives +10 bonus Exp at the end of the thread. At least half of the thread's participants must be guild members. Limit one use per month, per character. [1/1]

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

//i.ibb.co/JkxXyt1/rsz-b001.jpg

"Hey hey!" Lessa lifted a hand in greeting, her smile as warm as the sun that spilled into the dojo. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Lessa. It's really nice to meet you." Pausing for a moment, Lessa tucked her wooden sword under her arm, and adjusted the way her pants slung across her torso. The traditional Japanese garment was excellently crafted, and looked very neat in Baldur's authentic dojo, but... well, truth be told, Lessa worried that it might fall off her. There simply wasn't enough room for the myriad of belts she preferred. Thank god for her hips. How was it that the bean poles around her managed to keep their pants up?

Blinking herself back from her odd tangent, the Guardian retrieved the sword from her armpit, and held it loosely in front of her. It came as no surprise that the woman knew her way around a sword, but the unusual weight and balance of the weapon threw her off a bit. It all threw her off a bit, were she being honest. Was she meant to strike as hard as possible? Should she pull her attacks a bit? Would the system guide her, as it did in actual combat? Too many unknowns.

"Truth be told," she began suddenly, her smile going sheepish, "I don't really know how all of this is going to go. But since it's all for fun, I figure we might as well try it, right?"

Drawing in a deep breath, Lessa lunged forward, leading with her wooden sword.

@Yona

Yona had gotten herself into the necessary garment, and had gotten herself a training weapon that was just her size and style. Her first opponent would wave to her, greeting her and introducing herself. "Nice to meet you too, Lessa. I go by Yona." Yona responded. Even though she was fighting to avoid ulterior motives of others and trying to get through this tourney unscathed by means of a winning streak, it didn't mean she couldn't mask her current paranoia with the sweet, smiling face carrying words of pleasantries. Her training weapon was rested upon her shoulder as her main hand held it, whereas her free hand simply contributed to the elegant poise she had, aside from the weapon's presence, of course.

Lessa's smile became somewhat sheepish as she revealed her thoughts on this tourney. Should the blonde's words be true, that was at least one possible threat removed...but Yona had to win as to prevent further threats. "Good to know, I actually came here just for the sparring as well...but that doesn't mean I'll be holding back." Yona remarked.

Lessa lunged towards Yona with her wooden blade. Yona positioned her weapon to block as she braced for impact. The force of the impact was slightly more than Yona anticipated, but she wasn't about to give up just yet. She jumped back, and sidestepped to the right before advancing towards the blonde whilst swinging her wooden weapon.

Tie!

Yona: 0/3

Lessa: 0/3

Yona attacks

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 6

HP: 120

Energy: 30

Base Damage: 10(CS R1[7], Sharpened Wakizashi[2])

Mitigation: 6(Moonshard Veil)

Accuracy: 0

Evasion: 2(MoonShard Veil)

Loot Die: 3(Thuban's Eye)

Additional conditions:

[None Yet]

Equipment:

[T1]Sharpened Wakizashi(Curved Sword, 2 DMG)

[T1]Moonshard Veil(Cloth Armor, 1 MIT, 2 EVA)

[T1]Thuban's eye(Trinket, 3 LD)

Consumables:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

Curved Sword Rank 5

Extra Skills:

[None]

Mods:

[None]

Addons:

[None]

When the kick hit him, Alkor was heaved backward by the force of the blow. Unexpected, but then, Alkor had focused all of his training into the blade. There were many disciplines in Sword Art Online, and each of them gave a Player distinct and different abilities. Knockbacks and crowd control effects were commonplace in online games, and added a layer of difficulty to encounters. It meant a gulf between them for a brief instant.  It also meant that Alkor understood the nature of his opponent better, now. 

He slid out of his opponent's range this time, following the momentum of the blow, and brought his blade up parallel to the ground, level with his eyes. He dropped his level as Koga encroached, closing the distance in the span of a breath. There was no reprieve. There was never going to be. Alkor kept his muscles coiled, ready, and as Koga pounced on him, the swordsman twisted his body underneath his attacker. Instead of letting the man in close and giving him the advantage of being inside his guard, Alkor opted to overextend him. In this way, he retained his reach and gained a different vector to attack from.

If, that is, Koga didn't recognize it for what it was in time. Ducking beneath the blow afforded him a quick dodge that quickly transitioned into an offensive maneuver, with Alkor stepping out of the spin still in motion, bringing his blade around in a whip-like arc, downward and seeking his friend's exposed back. In this world, there was no pain. It wouldn't send Koga sprawling the way it would in the real world, but it was a very real response to Koga's opening remarks. Hopefully, it would not disappoint.

Attack: Tie