[SP-F5] Shadows in the Sands

Yona began to think of all that's happened so far.

So far, she'd seen what was some kind of grand hall, a spiral staircase leading downward, a smaller hall with seven rooms attached, and Yona had seen five of them...the five rooms were clearly crumbling due to the toll that time takes on all things, and so were the objects within. The murals and carvings were still too worn for Yona to make very much out of what she saw. Remains of shapes, maybe a color or two... "Ugh, why is it all such a mystery? Can't the game just tell it to me straight or something?" She thought aloud, upset that all the hints were in fragments that she couldn't piece together.

Something was going on, but she lacked the evidence to complete or solidify any of it. Despite her knowledge, what this might have all been wasn't really clear when she put it together. Strange ancient corpses telling her to leave, a tattered, worn journal, carvings and murals Yona couldn't quite make out, odd symbols representing....well, something....something different with each one, she supposed...and some kind of guardian? Some kind of Lord? what was even going on here?

Out-Of-Combat Regeneration: EN +1

Yona: HP 160/160EN 17/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Edited by Yona
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that, Yona considered searching in the next room.

This was the last of the rooms within the sides of the hall, and it's symbol seemed to have the impression that it was only going to get larger, based on a hand with a whole lot in its palm. What strange symbols...and why did these even live beyond the murals and carvings? Were these symbols made of some kind of special material or something? What even made these what they were?

Now Yona really had to think here. What were these symbols and what did they mean? Why was there next to nothing as to what she could guess, other than some secret society or cult? Who would even hide around in a sand shifted, time worn dump like this? Well, one way to find out...keep investigating. Yona considered looking around the rest of the room, and what she saw next was, in the center of the room, what looked like an ancient treasure chest.

ID# 205012 LD: 19+6=25(found a Treasure Chest!)

Out-Of-Combat Regeneration: EN fully restored

Yona: HP 160/160EN 34/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Edited by Yona

It was a large, Ancient-looking treasure chest hewn from sandstone, and when Yona opened it up, it sure was loaded. A weapon, a set of cloth armor, and even two consumables, all in prime condition, to boot. Yona stared at the results. This was either Game Logic, or this chest had some kind of unparalleled preserving ability. "Looks like I've gotten quite a haul on this trip, so even if I can't figure out whatever this is, at least it wouldn't have been a waste of my time..." Yona thought aloud.

Well, there was nothing left to do in what Yona had confirmed was some kind of treasure room. "I can't believe it was poorly guarded like that..." Yona remarked as she left said room. "There wasn't an ancient sentry to be seen! Seriously, did they just have no use for it or something?"

Now all that was left was the room at the end of the hall. Maybe that's where all the answers would be...

ID# 205013 LD: 17(1250 Col, 12 Materials, <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Weapon 205013a>>, <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Armor 205013b>>, <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Consumable 205013c>>, and <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Consumable 205013d>>)

Edited by Yona

The hall ended with a set of stairs leading down into the last room.

Yona walked down the steps, and would eventually see the entirety of the room. It was almost as big as the first story of the structure, grand and in a cone shape in terms of width. At the end of the wall was a much larger symbol, one that seemed to depict a shadow of sorts, like it was spinning in a circle and its tiny claw-like things were ready to grasp at something...hmm...

Yona continued walking forward, seeing much crumbled stone along the way, and she saw a simple stone armchair with a place for a weapon beside it...both were occupied. Another Ancient Sentry, perhaps? Given the track record of this place, it probably was. The corpse in the chair started stirring, and its eyes lit up with an ethereal glow.

It looked over to Yona, and its "eyes" narrowed. "Such a long time since we have seen one among the living..." It stated. "Who are you?" It inquired.

Edited by Yona

Finally, someone who acts like a decent person!

"Me? I'm Yona." Yona answered. The undead would speak again. "Hmm...well then, 'Yona'...tell me, why are you here?" He asked. "Well, I kind of stumbled upon this place, it just rose out of the sand. So...I'm kind of here to investigate, figure out what's going on." Yona claimed. The undead's expression, or what was left of its shriveled form, was grim. "So then...the seal must have been undone...the others were never told of what awaited them when they chose to guard this place...that they would be sealed with it." The undead warrior stated. "You...you needn't concern yourself with our matters...after all, you shouldn't be here."

Yona's expression was unamused. She put her fists against her hips. "...It's like I told those others...I'm not leaving until I figure out what's going on." She shot back. "You stay here, you stay to guard it. Those who know must not leave. You will be here, for the rest of time, if you choose to remain here." The undead warrior responded. "And if I was to figure out but decided to leave anyway?" Yona asked. The undead warrior gripped the blade beside him. "I cannot allow that." He began. "If you persist to delve further, I shall block your path. If you learn what you wish to know but seek to leave, I shall keep you here, dead or alive." He stated. "Do I make myself clear?" He asked, his voice growling slightly.

Edited by Yona

"Crystal clear." Yona replied, before drawing her weapon. "So let's keep this short and sweet then, shall we?"

The Undead warrior got up, and pulled his blade out of the ground. "If you so insist..." He sighed, irritated.

The two would clash their blades upon rushing towards each other. Yona paid attention to her enemy, his name displayed as <<Ancient Guardian>>. Was this the "Appointed Guardian" the statue's plaque had spoken of? He had to have been, He was a skilled foe, and Yona could tell. The two clashed and deflected each others' weapons for about twelve seconds, before the Ancient Guardian attempted a more focused strike. This might get through Yona's weapon if she tried to block it, so she jumped back and sidestepped, missing the attack just in time. She then lunged at the Ancient Guardian, who used the flat of his weapon to knock Yona's blade out of her hand.

ID# 205014 BD: 1(Critical Fail!), MD: 6+1-4=3(miss)

Yona: HP 160/160EN 32/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Enemies:

Ancient Guardian: HP 444/444, 30 DMG, 1 ACC

Edited by Yona

Yona had to get her weapon back, someway, somehow.

And she had to do it fast, because she was still in the middle of a fight...and it was unlikely that her enemy, the Ancient Guardian, would show mercy or a sense of honor that would keep him from attacking a disarmed opponent. Yona rolled to the side as the Ancient Guardian, as expected, attempted to slash at her with his weapon. She ran straight for her weapon, but something snagged her foot and tripped her. She turned to her left to see within her peripheral vision, a weapon coming down on her. She rolled to the side, barely dodging the attack. Both combatants got up, and Yona jumped back, and picked up her weapon while keeping her eyes on her foe. She wasn't going to let him out of her sight now, since he had no shortage of dirty tricks up his sleeve.

ID# 205015 MD: 8+1-4=5(miss)

(OOC: the BD roll was 10. Just my damn luck.)

[Yona takes no action]

Yona: HP 160/160EN 33/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Enemies:

Edited by Yona

Just because Yona had gotten her weapon back, didn't mean this was any easier than before. Her opponent was still skilled, and this would be no cakewalk. Once again, weapons would collide again and again. Yona would try a different tactic other than a lunging thrust. Granted what she tried was a lunging slash, but the difference might make it more difficult to deflect this time. Nope, the Ancient Guardian managed to sidestep away from Yona's attack, just barely, and then it moved in to attack again. Yona blocked the attack, and the two combatants' blades were in lock for about eight seconds. The two then both jumped back, it was time to reevaluate some options...

Maybe it was time for that dumb ass tactic that somehow works in most games. Run around in a damn circle as to find an opening or an opportunity to strike.

ID# 205016 BD: 3+2=5(miss), MD: 4+1-4=1(miss)

Yona: HP 160/160EN 32/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Enemies:

Edited by Yona

Yona darted around the room, and the enemy kept its gaze on Yona. Maybe darting around at a closer proximity might do the trick. Yona rushed towards the enemy, then suddenly sidestepped to the left before activating her sword art in the direction of the Ancient Guardian's flank. The attack hit, and a fair portion of damage, just over a quarter of the enemy's HP was depleted.

So, this was one of those kinds of enemies, then. Before Yona had a chance to react, however, the Ancient Guardian struck back, with enough force to send Yona flying. Well, she was alive, and she didn't take too much damage...but, well, she asked for a challenge...

...And the game sure gave her one right here. "Well, I guess this is what they mean when they say, 'be careful what you wish for'..." Yona thought. She got back up, but as she'd decided before, she kept her attention on the monster as to keep him from getting any opportunities for a unseen attack.

ID# 205022 BD: 4+2=6(hit), MD: 10(Critical! +2 DMG)

ST-I: 12x12=144 Damage to Ancient Guardian

Yona: HP 142/160EN 21/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Enemies:

Ancient Guardian: HP 300/444, 30 DMG, 1 ACC

Edited by Yona

Yona continued keeping her eyes on her opponent. "Lucky hit..." She remarked. "But that's the best you'll ever do."

She then rushed towards her opponent and sidestepped to the left. Then she swung once, but then she pulled her weapon back before it reached her enemy, and when the Ancient Guardian was swinging his weapon in the wrong direction, Yona unleashed her sword art, striking him with a considerable amount of force. The Ancient Guardian staggered back a meter and a half. Now considering Yona to be an actual threat, the Ancient Guardian attempted to change tactics, for he was unwilling to admit defeat just yet. "Brothers of the Sealing Chamber, come to my aid! We must unite and defend it as we were commanded to many years ago! Unite with me, that together we may eliminate that which threatens us all!" The undead guardian called out.

...But nobody came.

ID# 205025 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG), MD: 5+1-4=2(miss)

ST-I: 13x12=156 Damage to Ancient Guardian

Yona: HP 142/160EN 10/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Enemies:

Ancient Guardian: HP 144/444, 30 DMG, 1 ACC

Edited by Yona

Four seconds of awkward silence passed.

"...You done yet?" Yona asked. The Ancient Guardian's "eyes" glowed with a more wrathful intensity. "You...what did you do?" The Undead Warrior asked, gripping his two-handed sword more tightly. Yona lowered her weapon slightly. "To be fair, I kinda explored everywhere but here, and...well, if those other undead I encountered were those brothers-in-arms of yours, well..." Yona then shrugged. "Your buddies started it. They assaulted me, only said 'leaaaaaave' like they were ghosts or something, what did they expect?" She finished.

Immediately Yona would be sent flying by the Ancient Guardian's attack. "Ok, maybe he thinks I deserved that." Yona thought. "They expected you to LEAVE!! You should not be here, you NEVER should have been here! You know NOTHING of what you are on the path to doing!" The Ancient Guardian roared out. Yona got up, with some difficulty. Guess this was really how it was gonna be...

ID# 205026 MD: 10(Critical! +2 DMG)

[Yona takes no action]

Yona: HP 124/160EN 11/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Enemies:

Ancient Guardian: HP 144/444, 30 DMG, 1 ACC

Edited by Yona

Yona took a deep breath and sighed. "Of course I know little about whatever the hell's going on here, the less you tell me, the less I know!" She called out to her foe. "It is not worth the risk. I will defend this chamber or die trying!" The Ancient Guardian declared. Yona had little else to say to this resilient undead. "Alright then." She decided. "Suit yourself."

She rushed in towards her opponent...but it seemed the Ancient Guardian was expecting another feint. She activated her sword art, and with another successful strike, the Ancient Guardian's HP dropped to zero. She turned around to see her enemy still standing, so it probably had some last words, or something like that. The undead dropped to his knees and lost his grip on his sword, holding one arm against his chest, as though he was holding a fatal wound. "...Whatever you do...do not...do not open...the seal..."

The Ancient Guardian collapsed to the ground and shattered.

ID# 205028 BD: 7+2=9(hit), MD: 1(Critical Fail)

ST-I: 12x12=144 Damage to Ancient Guardian

ID# 205029 CD: 9, LD: 4+6=10(3996 Col, 2 Materials, <<Unidentified T1 Rare Trinket 205028>>)

Yona: HP 124/160EN 0/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Enemies:

Ancient Guardian: HP 0/444, 30 DMG, 1 ACC

Edited by Yona

Yona was feeling winded, due to the depletion of her energy. She sat down to take a breather. What did he mean by that? "Don't open the seal"? what seal was there to open?

After a few minutes of pondering on this, she decided that there must be some kind of unknown lore in this chamber...and whatever this seal was, maybe it actually wasn't best to open it...so if Yona found something related to a seal, then she could research it as to know what not to interact with?

She got up, and now it was time to investigate the room. Aside from the stone chair, there were nothing but pillars, as well as less faded murals and less crumbled carvings....but Yona still couldn't figure out anything from seeing them. Yona walked past the stone chair, and over to the back of the room.

The symbol in this room was larger when compared to the others, but now that Yona was at the wall, there seemed to be a set of smaller symbols on stones...which...looked like they could fit in certain holes in the wall? Yona picked up the stones and examined them. Was this some kind of puzzle?

Out-Of-Combat Regeneration: EN +1, HP +15

Yona: HP 139/160EN 1/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Edited by Yona
  • 4 weeks later...

Yona looked at the holes, there were about six of them...and the symbols on the stones, they were similar to the symbols on the walls of the other rooms...maybe they were linked.

She tried to place a symbol in one, but it didn't seem to fit. She tried the other five, but they didn't fit either. "....How...?" Then it suddenly came to her. Maybe she had to put the stones in differently. In the lower left socket, she placed the cloud symbol upside down, and turned it.

Click!

"Ah....now we're getting somewhere!" Yona thought aloud as she figured out how the puzzle worked. If she was to get this puzzle right, she'd probably have to compare the six sockets to the rooms she'd been in... She set the tentacled rose symbol in the lower right socket, the destruction symbol in the middle left socket, the void symbol in the middle right socket, the striking symbol in the upper left socket, and the hand symbol in the upper right socket.

A portion of the wall in front of her would descend into the ground, revealing....another wall. On it was an indent of sorts. She then looked around the room, searching for what might fit it.

Upon finding nothing, she'd check her inventory in case the necessary item was looted from the Guardian. Sure enough, an Item she didn't recognize was in her inventory. <<Black Key>>

It wasn't like the average key. In fact, the end that got stuck in was kind of a diamond shape, and it had markings all over it... She stuck the key into the diamond-shaped slot, and turned it, similarly to the symbols' stones. The handle of the key shattered, the whole structure seemed to start rumbling, and the portion of the wall would descend. Various other portions revealed behind would also shift and move, revealing a small space with a stone inside.

Out-Of-Combat Regeneration: EN +1, HP +15

Yona: HP 154/160EN 2/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

A stone.

A Stone.

A small stone that could fit in the palm of her hand.

That's what the wall was hiding away? Seriously?

Yona examined the stone. An item name appeared over the stone. <<Unusual Rock>>.

She picked it up and took it out of the space. It had a single hole in it, and it could be possible to place it on a necklace or have it hang from the hip or waist like a trinket if said hole was properly utilized. The stone also had a diamond shape on it, comprised of a border shape, then filled in with all kinds of straight lines in many directions, filling the space within. "What an odd rock...it's got something on it, plus a hole that probably means it can be equipped or worn somehow..." She though aloud as she analyzed it. Suddenly, the stone's name changed from <<Unusual Rock>> to <<Binding Stone>>.

Uh oh, what did she just do? The item was now listed in her inventory... Cursed. That didn't look good. She couldn't exactly equip it, either. She was about to place the stone down and just leave, then the stone started moving.

It shifted in her hand and shook once or twice, then something came out of it. "Hyyyyyyaaaaaaaagggghhh!!!!"

<<???>>

Spoiler

1068042621_Shaxus(Stage0).thumb.png.8d3e14c7863d3e98d6720a8c0b2b507c.png

Out-Of-Combat Regeneration: EN Fully Restored, HP +15

Yona: HP 160/160EN 34/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Yona's eyes were widened, as something had come out of the stone, and was now just floating in midair. Just a smoky black puff of...something. "What the...?"

The little black puff that came out of the stone looked around, and eventually spotted Yona, who was still just standing there, dumbfounded at what just happened. "What's with the look?" The mysterious black puff asked. "What are you?" Yona asked. "I am-"

The black puff stopped suddenly, as if it was onto something, but failed to get it right at the moment it needed it. "Huh...you know what...I don't think I actually have a name...at least, I don't remember having one...hmm.... Well, as for WHAT I am, since you so kindly asked, I am a being of shadows, capable of so much...though...hmm...I'm not nearly what I should be, is this really me now? Hmm...." The little black shadow puff seemed to have some kind of issue. He knew what he was, but he didn't seem to know who he was...and maybe he also seemed to speak as though he were nerfed or something. "Uh....do you...remember much of whatever happened before you came out of that rock?" Yona asked, a confused yet wary expression on her face. The little black shadow puff seemed irritated, but not at Yona or her question. "Bah, it's all fuzzy and faint, I can't make heads or tails of anything! I've gotta get my power back, maybe it'll all make sense then!" The little black shadow puff would zoom off, but something would stop him abruptly...though it would appear as though he himself had stopped suddenly.

The little black shadow puff kept attempting to leave the room, but something was keeping him in it. It rushed back to Yona, and spotted the stone in her hand. "Are you KIDDING me?? Curse this damn stone! I'm still bound to it!" He exclaimed. "How am I supposed to return to what I was and recall everything, when this rock here won't let me go? Always something getting in the way!" Yona held out her other hand up to the entity. "Whoa there, take it easy, little guy." She began. The little black puff had what seemed like an irritated expression, as could only be guessed by looking at the two spots of glowing red that must have been his eyes. "So, let me get this straight, you don't remember who you are, or what your past was like...and you're bound to this stone, correct?" Yona explained. The little black puff's eyes suddenly lit up, as if getting an idea. "That stone...you can't break it. Many before you have tried...but...maybe you can take it." He explained. "You look strong, you look capable, I'm sure we can do wonders together..." He offered. "I'm sure you're looking for strength, yes? Knowledge, perhaps? I might know a helpful secret or two, or perhaps have some useful advice? I can possibly be of help...and if you help me get my power and my memory back...I'll be able to help you further. How does that sound?"

Unexpected...but veeeeeery tempting...

Edited by Yona

"...I'm listening..." Yona stated, revealing her interest. "Yes...there can be so much we could possibly do, though we may have to figure it out as we go along...all you need do for the time being is take that stone wherever you go, and I'll follow. Further requirements, on both our ends, may be discussed more clearly as we solidify an alliance, if not a partnership. Whaddya say?"

Yona thought for a moment. This was a shadowy puff with abilities and origins shrouded in mystery...but it was completely at the mercy of the Binding Stone, and thus whoever had it. Yona would have the better end of this, and if something went wrong, well...she could always toss the stone where no one will find it, right?

"Hmm.....deal." She agreed. "Kekekeke...you won't regret this..." The little black puff claimed. "I go by Yona," Yona introduced. "And I'm gonna need something to refer to you as; something to call you. You don't remember being given a name, so..." The little shadow puff seemed to be bracing itself, as though his mood was "Oh, no, here we go". "Hmm...how about...how about I call you Shaxus?" Yona suggested.

There was a still silence for a short moment, as though the system was registering something. The shadow puff's eye expression was now one of intrigue. "Shaxus, hm? Hmm...not bad, Yona, not bad at all. I'll take it." He decided.

Well, all there was to do now was to leave this place, there's nothing more that she could find here...but what to do about the stone... For now, she put it in her jacket pocket, but would need a better way to carry it around soon enough.

Once she reached the first story of the structure, Yona would spot some Desert Scorpions that appeared to be seeking new territory. Well, Yona was probably gonna have to cut through them if she was gonna leave this place.

She drew her blade as the monsters' cursors turned red, and she rushed forward to attack with her Area of Effect Sword Art, taking down two of them while missing the last one. With how awfully close she'd cut it, she might have been in for a rough hit or two if she hadn't managed to deal damage to the scorpions she'd just slain.

ID# 207793 BD: 8+2=10(hit), MD: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG)

ID# 207794 BD: 6+2=8(hit), MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

ID# 207795 BD: 1(Critical Fail!), MD: 3-4=1(Miss)

AoE-I: 12x11=132 Damage to Desert Scorpions 1 and 2!

ID# 207796 CD: 3, LD: 10+6=16(910 Col, 2 materials, <<Unidentified T1 Rare Weapon 207796a>>, and <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumable 207796b>>)

ID# 207797 CD: 9, LD: 12+6=18(1300 Col, 2 materials, and <<Unidentified T1 Rare Trinket 207797>>)

Yona: HP 160/160EN 19/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Enemies:

Desert Scorpion 1: HP 0/130, 24 DMG

Desert Scorpion 2HP 0/130, 24 DMG

Desert Scorpion 3: HP 130/130, 24 DMG

Edited by Yona

The last Scorpion was hesitant, and rightfully so, as Yona had slain both of its kind without a scratch on her. "What, you gonna come at me, too? It'll end the same way, so don't try it." Yona said to the monster. As if agitated by either the deaths of its allies or Yona's words, it made angry clicky Scorpion noises, or however else a scorpion could possibly communicate by sound, before attempting to charge at her. Yona, who expected that this would happen, readied herself before the charge and she activated her sword art as to finish the job.

Well, that was over and done now, but Yona's Energy wasn't doing as good as she needed it to be. Shaxus popped back out of the Binding Stone to see what must have been the results, even though the monsters shattered into basically nothing. "Well now...strength like this is destined for greatness...I knew I was making the right decision, choosing to ally with you. Hehehehe....."

Shaxus returned to the Binding stone, and Yona checked her inventory to see all that she's gotten on this trip so far.

ID# 207957 BD: 8+2=10(hit), MD: 3-4=1(miss)

ST-I: 12x12=144 DMG to Desert Scorpion 3!

ID# 207958 CD: 1, LD: 15+6=21(780 Col, 4 materials, <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Armor 207958a>>, and <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Weapon 207958b>>)

Yona: HP 160/160EN 8/34 | 12 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 4 EVA | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Enemies:

Desert Scorpion 3HP 0/130, 24 DMG

Edited by Yona