[F19 - PP] Nemo's Return | <<Nature's Treasures: Little Eden>>

Nari waited patiently just a few steps away from the teleport pad. She had messaged Koga a little while ago, inviting him along in the hopes that he had the same vendetta against Nemo that she herself had. Although… as she thought about it, he didn’t really seem the type.

Shrugging to herself, she glanced around at the town around her – it was… far different from where she called home up on floor twenty seven. It was far different from the floor where she had originally came across Nemo, as well – this had more the feel of some nightmarish plague ridden lands than an actual settlement.

They called it ‘Home’, but as Nari glanced about at the makeshift tents, she couldn’t help but feel the desire to escape this little thing that barely classified as a populated area. ‘Where is Koga? It would be nice to get this over with before everything here dies of famine.’

Her eyes glanced again towards the teleport pad, hoping to see the man suddenly appear. On her shoulder, Yuki gave a chittering sound, Nari’s own annoyance apparently seeping into the fox curled up around her neck. It seemed neither of the two enjoyed this area. For the – actually, she’d lost count how many times, Nari cursed the fact that Nemo had shown up here, of all places. She was sure that she was going to get revenge on him for this somehow.

Nari's Statblock

Spoiler

Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 |

| STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

Tier 3

Equipped Items

Dark Fox Blade [Tier 2; One-Handed Straight Sword; Perfect] A longer hand-and-a-half sword, the blade itself contains a black centre, the edges a soft violet colour. Above the violet hilt stands the curled white fox emblem, standing stark against the dark colour of the blade itself. The hilt contains a combination leather wrapping of violet and teal colouring.
| Enhancement: Accuracy [3 Slots] | Effect: Gain +(1 per slot) to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit.

Night Fox Protector [Tier 3; Heavy/Plate Armour] Differing from most chest pieces, this one conforms to the waist and chest of a specific user, providing a comfortable fit, with mid-sized pauldrons to protect the shoulders. Crafted in a dark violet colouring, the edges outlined in a lighter violet, the curled white fox is emblazoned on the left breast piece. 

| Mitigation [3 Slots] | Effect:  Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage from successful attacks against you.

Dark Fox Retribution [Tier 3; Heater Shield] A mid-sized heater shield, this piece contains a dark forest green outline, the top and bottom points of the shield marked by a violet dot. It's center is filled with a dark violet colouring, and a curled white fox sits in its centre. The upper left corner curves gently inwards, providing an opening perfect for a blade to sit. 

| Enhancement: Thorns [2 Slots] | Effect: Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (9 * Tier) unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks.

Battle-Ready Inventory

Teleport Crystal (3)
Arrowhead Brooch | Tier 1 Perfect Trinket | Accuracy III
Music Box | Tier 1 Perfect Trinket | LD III

Weapon Skills

Straight Sword Skill
Rank 5
Passive
Effect: +7 DMG

Sword Arts

[x12] ST-I (12 EN) | A single-target sword art.
[x15] ST-II (15 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x20] ST-B (20 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, use only the first roll.
[x11] AOE-I (11 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x14] AOE-II (14 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x12] TECH-A (13 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.
[x12] TECH-B (12 EN) | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a status condition that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.
[x12] TECH-C (12 EN) | COUNTER | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, places [Counter] around the player. [Counter] reduces the final damage taken by its user by 25% (rounded down) for one turn.
  • Unlock Condition: Have the skill [Parry]

[x8] TECH-F (8 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE STUN | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. All struck targets are stunned for one turn.

• Unlock Condition: Complete <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

[x3RAW-A (10 EN) | THORNS | A single-target sword art that utilizes the [Thorns] of the individual against the enemy. Other types of enhancements that apply damage upon contact with the individual are also considered in improving the damage of this sword art (eg. Immolation Potion, Flame/Frost Aura, etc). Outgoing damage is considered mitigatable.  Must have a weapon equipped to activate this sword art.

• Unlock Condition: Have the skill [Heavy Armor].

Armour Skills

Heavy Armor
Rank 5
Passive
Effect: MIT + 25. You can only benefit from one armour skill at a time (the respective armour type must be equipped). Your evasion is capped at 1 enhancement slot and you take -1 to Stealth Rating per rank.

Extra Skills

Parry
Active: Post action
Energy cost: 9 EN
Cooldown: 3 Turns
Effect: Apply the energy cost upon proc, not activation. Reduces the final damage of the next successful attack against you by 50% (rounded down) and negates stun/paralysis effects of that attack. If hit by multiple attacks, only apply parry to the first attack against you. Parry lasts for three turns. Cooldown starts when the player activates the Skill. If the player is hit when using Parry, the cooldown is reset to 3 turns.
[Parry Mod] Vengeful Riposte
Cost: 6 SP
Passive
Cooldown: 4 Turns
Effect: A successful Parry also returns 50% (rounded down) of the raw damage that would be dealt to you back to your opponent. The reflected damage can be mitigated by the opponent.

Block [Requires two Extra Skill slots]
5 Ranks
Passive
Effect: Requires an equipped shield. User’s evasion cannot be greater than 0 (can still be negative). Grants additional mitigation:

Rank 2: 8 MIT

Combat Mastery

Combat Mastery: Mitigation
Rank 3

Passive
Effect: Gain +36 Mitigation

Spoiler

Word Count: 238

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Statblock

k o g a the elder wolf
Spoiler

notes:

• none

Koga, Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840 // EN: 118 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 2 // LD: 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

equipped battle-ready inventory

skills

Spoiler

| UTILITY

• Searching III | +1 LD per rank. +1 to Stealth Detection per rank. | 14 SP
    • Night Vision | Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness. Negates the bonus Stealth Rating from low light or darkness. | 3 SP

| COMBAT

• Combat Shift: Single Target | For the following Sword Arts, +3 to multipliers and +2 to EN cost; ST-I, ST-II, ST-B. No other Shifts may be taken. | 10 SP
  • Mastery: Damage III | Gain 1 * Tier Damage per rank | 13 SP
  • Battle Healing V | Recover 5% (rounded down) of your maximum HP at the start of your turn | 30 SP
    • Emergency Recovery | When non-fatal damage would leave you with 25% or less of your maximum HP, recover 10% of your maximum HP after the attack resolves. Effect cannot occur more than once per thread.  When activated if the player has lower than 10 energy remaining, simply reduce the player's energy to 0. | 6 SP
      • EN Cost: 10
  • Energist | Increase Base Energy by 5 * Tier | 8 SP
  • Charge | Perform a single attack/Sword Art with +5 base damage. Charge attacks have a -1 Accuracy debuff and cannot be affected by any auto-hit effects. | 10 SP
    • Cooldown: 3 Posts

| WEAPON

• Katana V | +7 DMG when equipped with a Katana | 30 SP
    • Stamina | Reduces the energy of all Katana attacks by 2 EN | 4 SP
    • Precision | Gain +1 ACC. | 2 SP
    • Ferocity | +2 DMG when using Katana Sword Arts | 4 SP

| ARMOR

• Light Armor V | +30 MIT when equipped with Light Armor, -2 Stealth | 30 SP
    • Meticulous | +1 DMG when equipped with Light Armor | 4 SP
    • Resolve | +1 ACC and +10 * Tier HP when equipped with Light Armor | 6 SP

| EXTRAS

• Familiar Master: Rending | You and your familiar attack in tandem, applying Rend [7*tier unmitigatable damage] to the target that lasts for two turns. | 10 SP
    • Cooldown: 5 Turns
  • Survival | Increases Healing effects received from all sources by 10%. Grants immunity to all damage dealing environmental attacks/effects. | 0 SP
  • Parry | Apply the energy cost upon proc, not activation. Reduces the final damage of the next successful attack against you by 50% (rounded down) and negates stun/paralysis effects of that attack. If hit by multiple attacks, only apply parry to the first attack against you. Parry lasts for three turns. Cooldown starts when the player activates the Skill. If the player is hit when using Parry, the cooldown is reset to 3 turns. | 10 SP
    • 9 EN, Cooldown: 3 Turns
    • Vengeful Riposte | A successful Parry also returns 50% (rounded down) of the raw damage that would be dealt to you back to your opponent. The reflected damage can be mitigated by the opponent. | 6 SP
      • Cooldown: 4 Turns

buffs

Spoiler

| PARAGON REWARDS

• Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 15% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +1 LD to looting.

| BUFFS

• <<Well Rested>> | -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat.
  • <<Squeaky Clean>> | The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down).
  • <<Item Stash>> | +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
  • <<Relaxed>> | Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
  • <<Multipurpose>> | Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll.

koga_stats_100x100.jpg.986a008458078a48a3ef5dd5275de4d2.jpg

The teleporter flashed, greeting Koga with the dour scenery of the floor. Floor Nineteen felt like something straight out of a dark fantasy game. Dark, grim, and utterly like you had to constantly look over your shoulder, and sleep with one eye open. Why Nari had asked him to come up here was a mystery to the man.

Even still, Koga gave almost no sign of his heightened alertness on this floor, aside from the way his eyes flicked from person to person, dark alcove to dark alcove all the more frequently. He walked along, hands in his pockets, Okami at his side as always.

Nari had been easy to spot, the only thing in sight with any actual color that wasn't grey or brown. "Hey," the man greeted her as he approached. "You mentioned something about killing...Nemo?" Some field boss or other, Koga presumed. He hadn't heard the name before, but then again, there were still a plethora of quests Koga had yet to complete. Better late than never he supposed.

Edited by Koga

Nari gave a slight wave as Koga appeared on the teleporter, glancing about as if uncomfortable in the area – likely similar to how she herself felt here. She cocked her head at his question, a look of surprise and mischief at his lack of knowledge – it made her happy knowing something he didn’t.

“He’s a Gardener who… well, come on you’ll find out soon enough.” Her voice carried a hint of playfulness to it, as she turned and began leading Koga away from the centre of this area, heading for the wilds beyond. “Oh, and if he seems friendly… don’t trust him. He’s an ass hole.”

Passing the few other players and NPCs on the way out – there truly wasn’t much to this place, for it being the main settlement – Nari continued chattering, probably burning Koga’s ears off, but happy to have someone to unload on.

“So, what have you been up to lately? I’ve already done this quest once, but… the loot you can find from it is so worthwhile that it’s worth repeating. Oh, and I did a whole minotaur thing with Astreya – you know Astreya right? – learnt that the Gardener is Raidou… who some call the… Red Warden? Red Omen? Something like that. Oh and NIGHT and I had dinner.” The words stopped as suddenly as they had started as Nari thought back to that night. The entire encounter was still emblazoned into her skull.

Suddenly Nari will point out to the distance, her attention brought back to the present as she spotted a man standing in the distance. “Hey – there’s Nemo. Huh… last time I had to go so much further out to find him. Stupid ass.”

Spoiler

Word Count: 281

It took all of three seconds for Koga to notice that Nari was far more talkative than the first time they'd met. Not unlike the last time they'd met to do the Second Lessons quest. Though Koga made no comment, he wondered what trials and tribulations the older woman might have gone through to trigger the sudden change.

"Wait, the Gardner, the thing we're going to go kill, is a player?" Koga asked, recalling the player from the last boss raid. He didn't know much about the guy, aside from the fact he thought very little of NPCs or AI, but the fact he was apparently behind this whole new version of Nature's Treasure was not only highly improbable, but literally impossible.

There were a host of questions Koga wanted to ask, including what had happened on Nari's date with NIGHT, but before the man had the chance to ask, Nari had already started to point out Nemo. "Uh, that doesn't look like Raidou at all."

Nari stopped to stare at Koga for a few seconds, before the realisation of his confusion clicked in. She smiled, a hint of playfulness on her face, as if she was mocking him in a friendly manner. “Not the Gardener. A gardener. He’s…well, he likes gardens. Nemo, that is. And I guess…Raidou? I think that’s his name. I just know him as the Gardener. Come on, we need to follow him to this teleporter pad…and hopefully get to fight him again.”

Nari grabbed onto Koga’s wrist, giving the man a slight tug forward, trying to encourage him to follow her lead. She continued talking as she went, sharing probably what would normally be far too much – but she was in a good mood. “Don’t worry by the way – I’ve really boosted myself. I can take a hit now, probably as well, or if not better, than you can. I guess I’ll rely on you more for punishing out the damage, but if you’re okay with it – I don’t mind the front line practice. I want to eventually tank against the bosses, so the practice is…good for me.”

She gave another innocent little smile as she pulled Koga towards Nemo’s location, readying herself to listen to the NPC’s incessant talking. As soon as the two came close, Nemo gave a smile, greeted both as if they had been long time friends.

“Oh! It’s so good to see you again! I guess you want to come visit Little Eden again, yes? I’m so happy! It’s been so lonely there lately…”

Spoiler

Word Count: 258

Somehow the entire string of words that Nari just said to Koga made both no sense, and all the sense. Suffice it to say, the man had a very confused look on his face as he tried his damnedest to get what few functioning gears he had in his head to make enough revolutions to actually comprehend which Gardner was which.

Unfortunately, Nari did not give Koga enough time to actually finish solving his complex mathematical equations before grabbing the man by the wrist and pulling him along. "H-hey!" he cried out in surprise. "Just cause I have no mit, doesn't mean I'm squish," Koga said. True, he'd certainly take more damage than her if he got hit, but the amount was negligible given his health pool. If. "Besides, I definitely got more evasion than you." The man freed himself (gently, and without rancor) from Nari's grip and walked on his own. "But if you want the practice, go for it. If you get yourself in trouble though, I'm taking over. No arguments, I don't wanna watch anymore of my friends die."

Whoops.

Koga hadn't meant to say that last part aloud.

"Ah, you must be Nemo!" Koga said to the NPC, quickly moving on ahead, so as not to give Nari any time to react. "Perfect, we're here to kill you."

Nari glanced at Koga at the mention of losing another friend. She felt her heart pang a little in response, the pain of the idea reaching her again. She knew that feeling all too well, although she herself rarely voiced it aloud. Her left eyebrow rose, however, as Koga approached the NPC and announced they were there to kill him.

“I uh… don’t think he’ll let us – oh. Wait. Never mind.” Nari sputtered as Nemo began walking away, clearing leading them out into the wild lands towards his garden. ‘I… huh. I guess he really does just do what he’s supposed to do… still an ass hole, but… I guess it’s not entirely his fault?’

Nari pondered this sudden change as she strode after Koga, wondering if she had been too hard on the NPC previously. She still felt resentment for his betrayal of her trust, but now she was beginning to wonder…

“Hey! Wait for me!” Nari called out, rushing after the two as she realised she was quickly being left behind. As she caught up to Koga, her thoughts turned to another topic. “So, you’ve known NIGHT a while, right? Has she always been…well, a bitch?”

Spoiler

Word Count: 198

Nari began to point out that Nemo might not let them in now that Koga had quite literally stated their intentions to wipe him off the face of Aincrad (at least until he respawned), but instead, Nemo just tilted his head and stared at Koga with a confused look on his face, before turning around and leading them towards the garden, Koga following closely behind him.

The Wolf looked over his shoulder at Nari as she caught up to him and the NPC before asking a...rather blunt question. Koga looked at her with blatant surprise on his face. Surprise and perhaps a small bit of contempt. "Would you care to explain why you're asking me that question?" Koga said, even-toned as if he were simply reading a line from a book. The man knew things hadn't exactly gone well between NIGHT and Nari but that was a rather...unfettered reaction. At least as far as Koga knew. In any case Nari did not need to know what Koga knew and didn't know. He preferred to hear it as she would say it without.

The two had known each other since they were both level one. Being the last of their little group still active, not missing, or flat out alive, they'd kept tight bonds, even if they rarely spoke about their inner thoughts to each other. Maybe they just didn't feel the need to burden each other unless the situation was dire, but in any case, the two players were the last of their kind, and that kind of fellowship was not easily strained. Koga held NIGHT in the highest regard.

Waving her hands wildly as she walked, Nari began retelling events that had played in her mind for the past little while – spoken only aloud to the little fox on her shoulder. She felt the emotions rushing back as she spoke, her voice taking on a tone of anger and frustration as she continued.

“Well, everything started out horribly. The date itself – who am I kidding. It wasn’t a date. It was a disaster. I was crying. NIGHT was… NIGHT. We ended up arguing about what our purpose in this game was. And then – I took her home. Figured I’d apologise for such a bad dinner. It was awful, mind you. Too many tears. Mostly mine. Shit.

The words suddenly stopped for a few steps as Nari realised just how much she’d divulged to the girl. Stupid to do that, but it was done and over with. Forging on, she continued her rant.

“Then we get back to my estate and its all about how my point of view of tanking is bad, and how I need to focus on preserving myself. And then I go to let off some steam and she just… up and disappears! Poof! Gone!”

Nari kicked at a rock as they passed it, letting her frustration out on the terrain. The window notifying her of the immortal object status appeared briefly, but Nari didn’t even register it as she turned back to Koga.

“I get that things didn’t work out. But who the hell just… ghosts?! Not even a message to say ‘hey, I left, sorry.’ Literally just, poof, gone!”

Spoiler

Word Count: 265

To say Nari was animated as they entered the beautiful garden would've been a massive understatement. And not in the 'oh, that girl is so excited, she's so cute' kind of way. It was in the 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' kinda way. Were the anger aimed at him, and had many experiences with Akiara not hardened him already, Koga would've been a little bit afraid of the way Nari marched through the place, arms flailing, ground practically shaking.

Koga just followed quietly and listened. It was the comment about disappearing though that finally coaxed some words out from the man. "You'd...be surprised, actually," he responded. Now probably wasn't the best time to explain how many players were missing without a trace. Not dead, just missing. How he'd been one. How his sister and his fiance had been. How his and NIGHT's best friend had been. The population of missing players was probably just as high as those who had perished. At least NIGHT hadn't faded into the dark like they had. It'd have been an easy task for the woman.

"To be fair," Koga said, his tone conveying some amount of caution on his part, and that he didn't mean to offend, "you did disappear as well. I would take my host storming off as a sign it was well past time to leave."

Nari stopped midway through her rant – her mouth opening and closing a few times before snapping shut. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly, and she opened her mouth to speak again, raising a hand as if to contribute to her argument with the single digit that was up. Her voice hesitated, and for a moment she simply stood, finger raised, mouth open, silent.

Shaking her head, she forced the words out. “Yeah, but…well…I was…look she pissed me off!

The excuse ran hollow to her own ears, and Nari felt herself scowl. Kicking at the dirt, she stared death at the ground beneath her. This wasn’t going how she wanted. She knew that Koga was close with NIGHT, but she didn’t really have anyone else to vent to, and…well, she needed to vent. ‘He’s right, and you know it. Stop being childish.’

The voice in her head brought another scowl, and a verbal response. “Fuck off. No wait not you – my head! I mean…the voice. I…” A quick sigh, and then the sentence continued. “I fucked up, didn’t I?”

She glanced around, suddenly realising they had entered the garden. She hadn’t even registered passing through the teleporter pad, but she couldn’t deny the plants and animals around her. Taking a quick glance at the dirt area near the path, she waited for Koga’s response, her attention on what she was doing, but ready to snap back to the man – whom she was quickly realising she was pouring everything out to…

ID203790 | LD: 19 + 1 = 20 | CD: 5 + 1 = 6 | Material Search | Success! (3 Materials) [+7EXP; 275/299 EXP] Rank 3 - Adept Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 247

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

Nari paused, presumably to breath before trying to explain further. Koga simply watched her passively, no emotion showing on his face as she moved about, kicking up a cloud of dust. He had questions to ask, but they could wait a moment while the woman collected herself.

The man waited patiently (though the wait was not long). Had he been here under different circumstances, he would have attempted to take in the new sights of this version of Nature's Treasure, a far cry different from the old ones. But no, now was not the time for that. His crimson eyes remained fixed on Nari as she spoke to herself.

"Probably," he answered her honestly, as she finally returned to reality. "If I might ask, how exactly did she piss you off?" Nari's perspective was just as important as NIGHT's. And, he had the distinct feeling neither had been in the right here.

“I…” Nari thought back to that night, trying to figure out exactly what had been the tipping point. So much had occurred… she couldn’t quite determine exactly what had been the true angering piece. Sure, the disappearing act. But that was towards the end, and as Koga had said…two sided. Was it the reaction? The condescending? Or was it… something else. “I’m not… sure…”

She paused in her foraging, thinking back on the night. Thinking back on when everything went downhill. Thinking back on how much she had shared. She’d basically been an opening book, holding back only the dearest of secrets.

Nari felt her face redden in embarrassment as she realised – at the time, even after it, she hadn’t thought back on the situation. Hadn’t wanted to think back on it. She’d tried to forget – and in doing so had stuffed away her own part beneath all the anger. Anger that covered her own mischief and wrongdoing.

“I… may have come on a little strong… I guess. But that’s no excuse for what she did!... Even if… I may have done it first… but it’s her fault! And she should’ve… been able… to hear…fuck.

The realisation dawning on her, Nari brushed off the dirt from the flowers she had been pulling at. Glancing around, she spotted a pair of wolves behind Koga. Drawing her sword she stepped towards him, the blade in her left hand held out from her side, as if preparing to strike, the shield on her right arm brought up in preparation to defend herself.

“I need to kill something.”

ID203797 | LD: 17+ 1 = 18 | CD: 3 + 1 = 4 | Material Search | Success! (3/6 Materials) [+7 EXP; 282/299 EXP] Rank 3 - Adept Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 264

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

Well that was...not helpful in the slightest. Not even Nari truly understood what it was that had set her off. Koga had his suspicions, but they weren't worth shit if Nari couldn't come to her own conclusions. Come to her own understanding of what was said. Only she and NIGHT knew the full story, after all.

NIGHT's reaction to Nari's advances were less of a surprise than learning how forward Nari had been to begin with. The swordsman was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that this was the same stuttering girl he'd met the first time. What was for more shocking though, was when Nari drew her weapon.

"Nari, what are you doing?" Koga asked, his face darkening. There was no way she was considering attacking him right? Yes, the woman had skyrocketed in levels recently, but she didn't have the strength yet to take on the Frontliner. But she kept moving forward. "Nari-"

But she walked right past him. "Wha-" The man's eyes followed her as she passed by, until they finally came to rest upon the wolves, watching them carefully. Koga almost sighed a breath of relief. "Alright then. Show me what you can do, Nari," he said, drawing his sword to provide back up.

| 203807, LD nat20, +2 Materials (Total 2)

Edited by Koga

Ignoring Koga’s confusion, Nari stepped across the field towards the pair of wolves, readying her sword as she went. “Hey! Dipshits! Have you made peace, with Death?

Her eyes had locked onto her target – the left most wolf, staring at it with an intense hatred. Emotions rolling through her heart, her face was surprisingly stoic – empty of anger, suffering, even happiness – replaced instead with a cold look of unrestricted violence. Her shield held steady before her, she considered her approach – knowing very well that the first strike was the most important. She was distinctly aware that Koga had yet to close the distance, and decided that taking caution would be the best approach.

Bringing her sword to rest atop the shields upper grove, she let her left foot slide forward, slowly passing the right side before suddenly thrusting forward, the blade following the path as it sliced forwards in an attempt to slice open the beast before her, glowing a soft violet colour.

Spoiler

Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 |

Koga, Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840 // EN: 118 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 2 // LD: 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128/128

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128/128

Combat Start

Round One

ID203810 | BD: 8  + 3 = 11 | <<Tech-C VS. Mossy Wolf 1>>

The strike hits! 

| 8 x 12 = 96 DMG

| COUNTER [1 turn] 

Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 50/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 |

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 288/384 | DMG: 128/128

Spoiler

Word Count: 163

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

Nari spat some kind of...threat? Catchphrase? A string of words at the wolves as they began to aggro onto the players. Koga, unconcerned in general, opened up his inventory and switched out a piece of gear as he watched Nari engage.

The stance she took reminded Koga of Spartans, the Greek soldiers of legend, like King Leonidas and his 300. Or perhaps it was Roman in origin, used by the Centurions as they fought tirelessly against the hordes of Gaelic barbarians. Whatever the case, her swift thrust proved to be just as effective now as it had been for those long dead soldiers.

"Want me to take care of Pupper Numero Dos? for you?" Koga asked as he lazily drew his katana, eyeing the green-pelted canine with a bored expression. The beast took Koga's gaze as a challenge, lunging forward with it's maw wide open. Not that it would be biting down on anything anytime soon. Koga stepped to the side, and watched as the wolf sail on by.

Spoiler

[1, 0] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 50/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | STH: -5 | THRNS 54

[0, 0] Koga | HP: 840 // EN: 118 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 2 5 // LD: 3 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 288/384 | DMG: 128
Leeching Fang | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, this mob heals for 10% of the final damage dealt to its target.

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128
Leeching Fang | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, this mob heals for 10% of the final damage dealt to its target.

Koga replaces <<Woven Bracelet>> with <<Kashira Cable - Wolf>>
  | ACC 2 -> 5
  | LD 6 -> 3

Mossy Wolf 1 attacks Nari-Lanreth
  | 203816, MD 3
Moss Wolf 1 misses

Mossy Wolf 2 attacks Koga
  | 203817, MD 2 -5
Mossy Wolf 2 misses

Edited by Koga

Nari’s eyes focused on the wolf in front of her, blade levelled out towards it as she heard Koga calling out. Without breaking her gaze, she nodded slightly, likely barely visible to the other player. Side stepping to her left slightly, trying to dry an opening from the one she had previously attacked, she called out to the man, her voice carrying an emotionless, flat tone.

“Bring it to greet Death, and let it be judged.” Her eyes honed in on a single spot on the wolf’s body, suddenly zeroing in on her target. A half step forward, followed by another, slowly closing the distance between her and her opponent. Her face was locked into a blank expression, and as she prepared herself, she saw the light violet glow along her blade, signaling the system call that she was performing – attempting to release the sword art again as she suddenly rushed forward, changing from standing perfectly still to lashing out of the tip of the blade in a near instant – barely perceptible in the flow of motion.

Spoiler

[1, 0] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 50/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | STH: -5 | THRNS 54

[0, 0] Koga | HP: 840 // EN: 118 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 2 5 // LD: 3 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 288/384 | DMG: 128

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128

Nari attacks Mossy Wolf 1 | ID203822 | BD: 8 + 3 = 11 | <<Tech-C vs. Mossy Wolf 1>>

The strike hits!

8 x 12 = 96 DMG

COUNTER [1 turn]

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 192/384 | DMG: 128

[2, 0] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 38/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | STH: -5 | THRNS 54

Spoiler

Word Count: 177

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

"Ohhhkay, Miss Angel of Death," Koga said, his tone not lacking in sarcasm. The woman's damage wasn't anything impressive yet, the man thought as he watched her advance on her opponent while dancing around his own opponent (the wolf was trying). He didn't really expect someone attempting a full tank build though to deal much damage with their attacks though. Ironically, he expected them to deal damage by taking it, usually. A bit masochistic, really, but Nari certainly did not disappoint in that respect.

Her target lunged forward, scratching at her thick plate armor, dealing a meager amount of damage to her, not even a tenth of her total health pool, but the wolf howled in pain as it lost another fourth of it's health. That was better.

Satisfied with what he'd seen, the man turned a fraction of his attention to his opponent now, just long enough to side step another pitiful leap for his throat and to bring his weapon down harshly on the Wolf's neck, nearly cleaving it in two. The blade burst into sick black flames as it tasted blood for the first time in days, eager for more, even as the wolf got back up from it's splay position on the ground, it's head hanging on by a thread. Koga turned away from the thing, seeing no point in bothering with something that would die in a moment anyways.

Spoiler

[2, 0] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 403/440 (440 -37) | EN: 38/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | STH: -5 | THRNS 54

[0, 2] Koga | HP: 840 // EN: 106/118 (118 -12) // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 5 // LD: 3 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 140/384 (192 -54) | DMG: 128

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 49/384 (384 -247 -56 -32) | DMG: 128
[BRN, 56DMG, 1/2]
[BLT. 32DMG, -20MIT, 1/2]

Koga uses ST-I against Mossy Wolf 2
  | 203824, BD nat9
  | DMG ((23 +2) * (12 +3)) -128
Mossy Wolf 2 takes 247 CRIT damage
Mossy Wolf 2 is now BURNED
Mossy Wolf 2 is now BLIGHTED

Mossy Wolf 1 attacks Nari
  | 203825, MD 6
  | DMG 128 -79
  | COUNTER 49 -(49 * 0.25)
Nari takes 37 DMG
Mossy Wolf 1 takes 54 THORNS damage

Mossy Wolf 2 attacks Koga
  | 203826, MD 5 -2
Mossy Wolf 2 misses

Edited by Koga

Feeling the claws rake across her side, Nari gave a sudden growl, lunging forward and dancing with the wolf, side stepping and bouncing backwards as it matched her feints. She felt the growl growing in her throat, knowing that soon – it would come out as a scream, the words escaping her lips as her face remained deadly calm, the sound the only change in her otherwise controlled state.

She side stepped to the left again, ducking and rolling slightly as the wolf tried to catch her again, before leaping to her feet and entering her guard again. She could see – although barely registered – that Koga had already dealt with his target, leaving the barely standing beast behind him to finish itself off. Not to be outdone, Nari stepped forward, deciding that now would be the best time to unleash on the beast – and finish this as quickly as she could.

Slamming her shield outwards towards the wolf, she let out a scream, the words erupting into the air suddenly. “Find your judgement, Cardinal. In this stroke, I end a part of you – a part that will accumulate to your whole! Death has seen you, and it has made it’s Judgement!”  

Spoiler

[0] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 403/440 | EN: 41/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | STH: -5 | THRNS 54

[2] Koga | HP: 840 // EN: 106/118 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 5 // LD: 3 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 140/384 | DMG: 128

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 49/384 | DMG: 128
[BRN, 56DMG, 1/2]
[BLT. 32DMG, -20MIT, 1/2]

Nari attacks Mossy Wolf 1 | ID203827 | BD: 9 + 3 = 12 | <<RAW-A vs. Mossy Wolf 1>>

| The strike hits! Minor Critical Hit! (+1 DMG)

| 54 + 1 * 3 = 165 DMG

| Mossy Wolf 1 is defeated!

[0] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 403/440 | EN: 31/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | STH: -5 | THRNS 54

Nari loots Mossy Wolf 1

ID203831 | LD: 6 | CD: 4

| 2,688 col, Uncommon Consumable {1}

Spoiler

Word Count: 200

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

Having dealt with his opponent, Koga sheathed his weapon and watched as Nari finished dealing with hers. She danced around the beast with surprising grace. A quick dart to the side, a roll to avoid a swipe, and a quick recovery into her defense. Koga was willing to bet that she had some real world training. A quick but devastating shield bash, and the Wolf burst into binary, ceasing to be.

"Well done," Koga said, even as the Wolf behind him attempted one last ditch effort to hurt the man. It sprang from the ground, it's head somehow not ripping itself away at the neck from the action, and tried to claw at his exposed back. Before it had the chance though, the final tick of burn and blight damage ended it's pitiful life, exploding into countless blue shards behind the man, briefly casting his form in shadow. "Now tell me why you're really upset with NIGHT."

Spoiler

[0] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 403/440 | EN: 31/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | STH: -5 | THRNS 54

[2] Koga | HP: 840 // EN: 107/118 (106 +1) // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 5 2 // LD: 3 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 0/384 | DMG: 128

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 0/384 (49 -56 -32) | DMG: 128
[BRN, 56DMG, 2/2]
[BLT. 32DMG, -20MIT, 2/2]

Koga replaces <<Kashira Cable - Wolf>> with <<Woven Bracelet>>
  | ACC 5 -> 2
  | LD 3 -> 6

Mossy Wolf 2 takes 56 BURN damage
Mossy Wolf 2 takes 32 BLIGHT damage

*Accidently made the wolf an attack roll here, please invalidate

Mossy Wolf 2 dies

Koga loots Mossy Wolf 2
  | 203830, LD 17 +6, CD 6
Koga receives 2 Materials, 1920 Col, T4 Perfect Armor (1) and T4 Perfect Weapon (2)

Edited by Koga