[OP-F24] Valentines Tournament Arc Round 2 - Observer Thread

Feeling that nudge, Eruda glances to where it came from. Freyd stood with a smile, she would give a half smile and look back into the crowd. "I wasn't going to come, but then I realized that the one fear I have never gotten over is crowds like this." Following Freyd gaze, it was to Raidou. He too was wearing that cloth from the last event. With people walking back and forth, some she recognized from the raid, others she didn't. This was the second event in her entire life that Eruda had been too, "He is speaking with someone," Everything about this was nerve wrecking. The guild was different, she knew them. Taking a hard breath as she closed her eyes tight. Taking one step at a time, she could do this...

Chest felt heavy, glancing to Freyd, "If this goes south you get to pull me out," almost a glare showed in her eyes. Eruda starts to walk as she found herself not breathing anymore. Stopping only a few steps in progress. "You know what no. You are coming with me," turning a grabbing Freyd's sleeve and dragging him along with her. Standing mere feet from Raidou and the girl, given a nod to Raidou and turning toward the girl. Once there was a moment that there was no speaking, the girl meets her eyes with confusion of sorts. "I am Eruda, a friend of Raidou..." Eruda had not a clue what to call him in an introduction or what he felt comfortable with... Biting her bottom lip, if Raidou shooed her away, she would understand. It was clear that Eruda was a nervous wreck. Eruda nudge Freyd with her elbow with some form of confident booster or something...

@Xena @Raidou @Freyd

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oof.  Err... oh," Freyd glanced around the blonde, not even having seen Raidou's companion.  A flickered glare at shadows above confirmed that Persi had skedaddled.  Of course she had.  Traitor.

"Xena?"  He blinked twice, not having expected to find his recently discovered, previously long-lost, companion here.  Equally thrilled that he wasn't entirely left alone in trying to get oil and water to mingle.  Rumour had it that they were perfectly capable of reaching key milestones like hand holding, lip push-ups and...*gasp*... dancing.  How they'd managed the third without removing the respective sticks up their bums was a completely mystery, and now he was getting dragged along as the spoopiest cupid in Aincrad.  Fancy footwork was required.  He had nothing.

"Xena!  Wow!  Hey.  I had no idea you'd be here!  This is GREAT!"  Wide, bulging eyes practically begged her to engage, poorly concealed body language making it clear that couch or pillow space was required before Eruda broke a rib with her next elbow jab.  "Are you in the tournament?  I got knocked out in the first round, but it's given me some unexpected time to mingle.  I see that you've met Raidou.  Eruda is also from our guild, and officially a front line tank as of just a few days ago.  Don't get between these two lovebirds, by the way.  They're positively steamy about... PERSI!"

The cadence of his speech has been steadily increasing until the final, unexpectedly loud outburst.  Shades of Montjoy running internal interference to prevent a full-blown gaff were plastered all over Freyd's face even as he raced away like his outfit had suddenly caught on fire.

"Get your goopy nose out the buffet, you gloomy knob! People are eating that!"

Whether or not Persi had actually gone anywhere near the buffet was highly dubious.  It seemed far more likely that the Whisper had just manufactured himself an improvised exit through a non-existent 'stage left' in some vain attempt to dodge his own discomfort in the moment.  

"Talk amongst yourselves, for a sec!"  Freyd's voice was barely audible through the crowd.  "I'll be right back!"

@Raidou @Xena @Eruda

Morningstar chuckled at Astralin's guesses as to the meaning behind his username, and he mentioned that his fight had been interesting.

Baldur would announce the winners of the round...

Oh....Astreya had lost...to the one currently beside Astralin....and in the semifinals, Astralin was now...paired up against this player...this might become a problem if not handled properly.

In the time that she knew Astreya, Astralin had seen the budding tank as a dependable ally. For her to fall...would be a sign that she was up against a tough opponent. Sure, Astralin had defeated two well-trained students of the Dojo itself, but Astralin didn't know much about this guy...as a matter of fact, she barely knew anyone here at all. Man, Astralin really needed to meet more people...maybe she already thought she was doing so, having been used to interacting with her childhood friends and real life squad, officially led by good friend Aries and including her BFF, Gemini.

Astreya would walk up to the two players, congratulating them both on their respective fights. She also mentioned that her vote was on Astralin for the coming battle. "I'll do my best!" Astralin replied, followed by a smile and a long wink. It would seem that Morningstar took the words kind of like a compliment, saying he liked being the underdog. Astralin....couldn't relate, being an underdog was came with a terrible feeling.

Morningstar invited the two girls to join him in both dinner and watching the sunset. Given that the sunset would lead to a night that was described as incredible by Baldur, it would be natural for Astralin to agree. "Sure!" Astralin answered.

@Astreya @Morningstar

The sprouting taste of the tournament twisting into some kind of celebration. Perhaps that was his queue to make an exit, he had taken at least a few hours to himself in support of this affair. This show of faith in each other, and friendly competition. "I suppose so." Adjusting those pair of glasses, trying to decide if he should stick around or leave until the tournament resumed. "It's not all it's cracked up to be. Baldur does it, and does it well. But that doesn't mean he doesn't question his decisions, or the calls he makes. I am sure he has his own share of doubts, we all do. The only thing that makes a leader is if you are willing to accept the responsibility of someone else's life if you make a mistake." Using his cup to distract himself from the heavy subject.

"Mysterious? Imposing? I wish I didn't have to be. It is what it is and has to be. Not something I can really alter, just accept." The concept of tall kicked in, and he looked at Xena. Right, she was tiny like Ruri, so that at least made quite a bit of sense. A sudden overcast shadow blocks the sunlight peeling through the frames opposed to them, shielding both players from the setting sun.

Eyes peer up to find both Freyd and Eruda just staring down at him. Blinking a couple of times, as the reality that it seemed the guild either was everywhere or followed him everywhere.

"I am Eruda, a friend of Raidou..."

Rubbing his eyebrows with his hand, this wasn't ideal. From his experience, Xena didn't deal well with extra bodies. The idea was to make her more comfortable, not less. A sharp exhale, weighing his options. But the moment Freyd started to speak, his attention shifts rather quickly to the black haired O&I Captain and then down to Xena. So he knew her. "Steamy about Persi?" the comment clicks into place in a strange taste, and the whisper had stolen himself away.

"Uh, I suppose, take a seat? Of course, if that is alright with you, Xena?"

Xena zoned out for about 10 minutes until the two players had walked up, which snapped her back to reality, shame, she was so close to falling asleep. Looking up she saw a lady and, Freyd? What was he doing here. She didn't question it, looking at Raidou he seemed too know them, so that implied they were at the very least trust worthy. She smirked as Freyd seemed to break down into incoherent babbling before running off, something up Persi?

Speaking of Persi, Amber was still poking at the familiar who hadn't seemed to respond to the first poke, were they asleep? Were they just ignoring the small tiger cub, who knows only persi did, and they liked wouldn't tell, though amber could definitely hear Freyd scream persi's name, as well as something about the Buffet which they weren't even really near.

Xena listened to Raidou as he asked if it would be ok for his friend to sit down, Xena let out a sigh and shrugged. "I think it'd be better if, I just left, she seems to really wanna talk to you and I don't wanna be a bother." With that the girl stood up and walked off in the general direction Freyd ran in, she was hungry so if he was heading to the Buffet maybe she should get something from it, though she didn't know what to expect would be there. It was all likely edible at the least, and not poisoned.

@Freyd@Raidou@Eruda

Edited by Xena

"Freyd don't you dare," as he made like a banana split and SPLIT. Giving a sigh as she looks back at the two. Xena gives a few words and starts to leave too. "God, no Xena wait..." as she walks off to the buffet. Lifting her head a little and closing her eyes. "This was not how this was supposed to go," opening her eyes slowly to meet Raidou's. "I will make this right, I am so sorry, I'll bring her back..." saying as she runs toward the buffet too. 

Quickly looking around at all the food and treats... -TREATS, Every one like sweets right- Eruda thought as she looked at her options. Lemon bars, cherry's covered in something... Candy apples... -Yus- thinking that they were on the small side but meh. Eruda grabs 3 and a few lemon bars, then starts to frantically glance around for the little miss. A small squint as she scans the room eventually catching sight of Xena. "Xena, please don't leave, here a peace offering." Holding out a caramel apple toward Xena with a smile. Every base of a relationship was held on honestly and trust. Eruda didn't know how to speak with new people, but she would try for Raidou's sake...

"If I'm being honest, Rai and I are more than friends. I am just trying to get to know him and that includes his friends. I did not mean to intrude, it is me that should be leaving if that is what you wish. Please forgive me..." Eruda says this in a pleading matter. She didn't want to be on anyones bad side, especially one of his friends. It just didn't bode well in her gut. "Please give these to Raidou, return to him, he deserves it..." Setting the lemon bars and two caramel apples on the table in front of Xena. One for each of them... Eruda looks back with a half smile on her face to Raidou, then to Xena. "I am so sorry, Xena..." Giving Xena a small bow, before she started to vanish into the crowd... 

@Freyd @Xena @Raidou

The menagerie of various scents that rode along the breezes that traveled through the open paneled huts served as a hard reminder to Jomei that he had not eaten yet today. His mind was so preoccupied with the excitement of the friendly bouts that he had completely disregarded his other senses. Standing there before long tables of hiis, the gurgling of his stomach audible to him over the various conversations that went on around him.

Without putting much thought into it, the ginger took a plate and began to cover its surface with all types of easy-to-eat foods. Pieces of sushi, gyoza, and onigiri stacked atop eachother as he stepped back out of the enclosed space to allow others to pass by. 

With a slow swivel of his head, he scanned the crowd for anyone he could speak with.. though most, if not all, were engrossed in their own private conversations. Save, of course, for their esteemed host. If Jomei didn’t know any better, he would say the apron wearing, grill master was a father. Chuckling to himself, Jomei carefully balanced the food on his plate and joined @Baldur at his side.

”The apron really helps tie together that samurai look. Brings out the traditional warrior in you.” He jested with a smile before popping a piece of sushi into his mouth. After chewing the morsel, he would gaze off at the surrounding venue. “Finally seeing this place of yours really puts everything you’ve told me about it into perspective. I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t one of the most breathtaking spots I’ve been to in Aincrad.”

Jomei would let a moment pass with conversation before he recalled the wooden bokken and training attire still in his inventory. “Oh, right. I should give these back to you before I forget to. These fights you put together definitely humble us frontliners” he would add with a smirk. “Wish I could have made it past round one, but it was definitely a fun experience.”

"Like, you'd totally better!" she cheered in response to her friend, glad to see that Astralin still seemed to be in high spirits at the moment.  Granted she had won her fight, and that was something that Astreya hadn't quite managed... but she was starting to get over that now.  She didn't need to win every single fight when it came to this sort of style of fight.  If they were fighting for their lives... that was a different tale altogether.  But thankfully, with the way Baldur and the others had set this up, there was no need to worry about things getting too dangerous.

"I'm gonna be, like, cheering really loudly, sorry Starman," she spoke, winking over at Morningstar.  She hadn't really gotten to see the other fights, but she had seen enough in the first fight to see that Astralin was fighting with hand-to-hand that was likely throwing a lot of people off.  That couldn't be all that expected in a kendo-styled tournament.

At the invitation for food, however, Astreya beamed a grin over toward Morningstar, nodding.  "Sure!" she called, moving along with Astralin as they began to follow toward where all of the food was, unable to stifle a small smile toward the male now as part of their group.  "The sunset, huh?  Like, that's a pretty romantic event.  You like, trying to get a jump up on the dating thing?" she asked, mostly just teasing, but she was curious to see if that was what he was truly interested in, or if he was just genuinely into seeing the sunset.

A lot of women pegged guys as pretty simple fellows overall, but there was a lot more depth there than most gave them credit for- it was just a different kind of depth.  

@Astralin @Morningstar

Freyd returned to the seating area where Raidou had remained, several platters full of food and drink carefully balanced in his arms.  Eyes blinked as the logistics of setting down all of these items suddenly dawns.

"Hrm."

With a wiggle, all the items in his left arm are suddenly dispatched to inventory, freeing up one hand to assist the other.  The process repeated itself in the reverse with items recalled and soon the low table between them was bedecked with all manner of snackage and goodies.

"Where did the girls go," he asked aloud, wondering how they could have already bonded enough to do the whole 'let's all rush to the bathroom and talk' thing so quickly.  A quick peer into shadows confirmed their presence nearby, and together.  Freyd just shrugged, dismissing it as some sort of mystical ritual that could never be understood - mostly because he really didn't want to understand it.

"Glad you came.  Eruda's a nervous wreck.  You should probably ask her to dance, or else go have a private 'duel' with her somewhere."  A pair of carrot sticks were used to accentuate the reference.  "She needs you, Rai.  She needs to see that you need her."

@Raidou

With the end of the second round, the sun warned against the end of their day. Contestants and observers alike gathered in the main hall where Baldur announced the results and welcomed everyone to partake of the refreshments. He even manned the grill where he toiled away making yakitori for anyone that desired some. Comically, he donned an apron that reminded Snow of the surface world and she shook her head. With the evening falling, her responsibilities also waned. Snow returned to the kitchen where she retired her kettle and china and returned to the festivities. There, she settled herself at the table where Baldur's notes lay scattered.

She snickered at some of the words written about Takumi. Overall, he seemed proud of his pupil but ever critical of his areas for improvement. He had interesting remarks to Alkor and Lessa similar to Night's fight as well. Overall, the tournament proved to be a battleground of growth and development. She placed her hand against her chin and wondered if these developments were planned. She knew him to be calm and calculated. Were these interactions also a part of his design?

She looked over to the jovial samurai in the silly apron and shook her head.

"I'm giving him way too much credit," she muttered with a soft laugh.

Baldur smiled at the first player to come up to the buffet table.

"Thanks again, @Hirru for helping catch so much of the fish we used for tonight. I really appreciate your help." He placed a piece of the yakitori on its skewer on his place.

The next face he saw surprised him, and his face lit up with warmth and joy at the sight of @Zajcica.

"Yuki! You're back! It's always so wonderful to see you! Yes, I'd love to catch up once I've given out the food. I assume you've already seen Crow, right? He's been eating me out of house and home while you've been busy." In spite of it all, he gave her a warm and welcoming smile. Everyone needed time. Baldur had even done much of that himself, he would never judge someone else for it.

Then @Freyd came along and Baldur flashed the man another smile, and gave him a companionable nod. "I am glad that you came to fight in the tournament, but even more glad you decided to stay and enjoy. I have to admit, I am proud of this place and I enjoy it when others can appreciate it as well." He had seen the frontliner continuing his conversation with Hirru, and it made the gaijin samurai happy. Forging these bonds is exactly what he was after.

It was then that Baldur saw a new face he wasn't familiar with tentatively come towards the food. He smiled at @Xena and wave at her with his tongs, "I am sorry about early, and not formally introducing myself. I am Baldur, and please, make yourself welcome here. Help yourself to the food, there's lots of good stuff here."

Baldur opened his mouth to greet @Eruda as he had the others, but she seemed scattered, and then grabbed a few of the desserts and raced off to Freyd and Xena with candy apples.

The apron really helps tie together that samurai look. Brings out the traditional warrior in you. Finally seeing this place of yours really puts everything you’ve told me about it into perspective. I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t one of the most breathtaking spots I’ve been to in Aincrad. Oh, right. I should give these back to you before I forget to. These fights you put together definitely humble us frontliners” he would add with a smirk. “Wish I could have made it past round one, but it was definitely a fun experience.”

Baldur smiled at @Jomei as he came up to the gaijin samurai with a plate of sushi.

"I'm glad I finally got you up here to experience it. Your words mean a lot to me though." He took a moment for himself, looking around at everyone gathered at the party, seeming to enjoy themselves. "This is what I had hoped for. People talking and eating together, growing together, seeing each other as people. We're all in this together, but it helps if that 'together' part isn't always a high stakes high stress combat situation."

Baldur watched as one of the impressive new comers, @Morningstar, came up with a small harem of equally impressive fighters, @Astralin and @Astreya. He would greet them warmly, introduce himself and give them some food, when they got there. Apparently they were excited for the romance of seeing the sunset and the stars. More joy filled Baldur's heart.

Quietly watching the tournaments take place, she felt ashamed of her actions. Not only did Eruda embarrass the crap out of herself, but she also gave an unwanted apology that went seemingly nowhere. Taking a bite of that tiny candy apple, it only took a few before it was gone. Tossing the stick in a garbage that she found, she takes a deep breath. Today was not going like she wanted, there would be some days that wouldn't, but she would try to make the best of them anyway. Eruda had to just let whatever was going to happen, happen. 

This was only the second festival that Eruda had been to, it started to dawn on her, the surrounding, the beauty of this interior and everyone in it. A smile could be seen on her face as Eruda remembers seeing the man that owned this place. Glancing around quickly, it wasn't very nice to just walk past him without saying anything. Finding him again, putting her hands in her sleeves and walks to him slowly. "I am sorry about earlier, I was just..." a pause, what was she doing. Eruda was out of her element and she knew it. A smile "Never mind. I am Eruda, Firm Anima, Vanguard Division. It is a wonderful place you have here." It was simple, if Eruda was to get rid of this fear that she was having then branching out and weighing her options would have to happen. A bow toward @Baldur, one that she would recognize from the last floor raid. Anyone at first glance could tell that Eruda was nervous as hell, but trying to make the best of what she had. 

@Freyd @Raidou

Taking a glance around to take stock of all the faces, most he'd seen in some manner or another. It was strange that although he recognized most of them, all of it was nearly superficial. Only rumor, simple exchanges and simple reflections. Only surface level deep. None of them really knew him, and likewise it was only an insight and not confirmation that he knew of them. Freyd returns with a relative overkill amount of crap from Baldur's buffet, undoubtably to take most of it home to jam into his cupboards.

"I haven't the slightest clue, they just sprang up and ran off." He nursed his own cup as Freyd would take a seat beside him. "I would have never expected her to show up here. Personally, I am extremely out of my element. So I understand her reluctance. The last time I showed up to one of these affairs, the context and confusion stuck everyone stupid." Staring complacently out the window and taking another sip. "I never got to say thank you for representing the guild in the most recent meeting, they really have a way of getting under my skin."

Turning over to see Freyd bang together a pair of carrots in a charade too saucy for this movie theater. "Private Duel? I need Eruda, but I also need her to remember who she is first. Eruda was trying way too hard to be who she thought I wanted her to be. All I want is for her to be herself." A gentle smile, as he catches Eruda paying the host her respects.

@Freyd

"We both suffer from the same problem, my friend.  It's in our nature to avoid being known.  Add to that a degree of professional obligation and it is easy to forget that there are situations where we actually need to be able to let down our guard, at least a little."  He tossed the two miniature carrot bits randomly behind him, one snagging a drape and falling into some large, ornately decorated vase with a solid 'thong' sound.  The other caught the rim of someone's neglected, half-empty tea cup and skipped into a nearby pond, teasing some poor unassuming koi with its wibbly-wobbly dance.

"Were she sitting here, instead of you," he added, chuckling, "Eruda might say exactly the same thing about you.  Damned idealists.  You're always looking to complicate everything to the point of perfection plus one." Freyd just shook his head, helping himself to... something pastry, or that at least looked like it.  

"Take it from a man who overthinks absolutely everything, right down to breakfast cereal and the colour-coding of identical black socks.  You just need to run with your feelings and see where it leads you both."  Standing again, Freyd made to blend back into the crowd.  "Now please excuse me while I actively dodge following any of my own advice."

An instant later, he was gone.

@Eruda@Raidou

"Why, are you interested?" Morningstar teased back. "Honestly though, I just think sunsets are pretty."

Dating was scary; he was absolutely not trying to get a head start on it. Baldur greeted the trio as they approached. The host's food looked delectable. Introducing himself, he plated their food.

"Thanks for the meal. It's nice to officially meet you," he smiled at Baldur.

Star took the lead, bringing the girls to the garden. The sunset was just beginning. He gazed up at the blend of pink and blue. The glowing sun dipped below orange clouds, bringing warmth to the scene. The colours reflected against the distant water, distorted by ripples.

"You two are friends, right? How do you know each other?" Star asked.

He popped his first piece of chicken into his mouth. It tasted even better than it looked. He admired Baldur's hosting skills—the man knew how to put together an event. He looked down from the sky for a moment, seeking out a spot for them to sit.

@Astreya @Astralin

One could tell that Baldur took pride in the little slice of Aincrad that he called his own. Not only was it beautiful, but it was the perfect fit for Baldur's appearance and personality. He wondered if the teardrop island was originally designed with Japanese architecture in mind, or if it was a clean slate until Baldur painted his picture-perfect home onto it. 

"There have been plenty of events that pop up around the holidays that bring together all of Aincrad. Most, if not all, probably just scripted into the game's code or developed on the fly by Cardinal. None have really been able to fully distract us from the daily struggle of SAO, though.." 

His emerald eyes turned back towards Baldur, the corner of his lips pulling into a tight smirk as he nodded his head. "You did a pretty damn good job of pulling that off though. Speaking personally, at least." he added with a small laugh. 

Jomei looked to the crowd again, letting out a small relieved sigh through his nostrils, "A date as the final prize though, heh.. Interesting choice. Any ideas who you think is going to win it? I know you're the host and can't have a bias, but who can you see having that dinner in your garden." 

@Baldur

Snow sipped at her cold tea and watched all of the guests enjoy Baldur's grounds. In the distance, she could still hear the clatter of wooden swords slamming into one another. With a smile, she imagined Calrex found himself a sparring partner and they were having a good match. Meanwhile, the sun sunk below the horizon and the sky became a sea of colors. The waters around the estate reflected the colored sky like new paint over the buildings. Soon, the stars would emerge and the twin moons would appear.

Snow let out a soft yawn. Even the air began to cool. She wondered how many of the guests would elect to stay for the night and began counting how many spare futons she remembered seeing. Baldur always did seem prepared. Perhaps he picked up a few extras for the event. Perhaps some of the guests were like Hirru and preferred lesser accommodations. Either way, Snow looked forward to the starry night sky. Instead of tea, she thought of warm cocoa.

With a subtle sigh, she smiled. She loved her little home here with Jacob's Ladder.

"Dating a movie star would, like, totally be pretty awesome for at least a couple of weeks," the girl responded with a small grin.  She imagined that all of the other things that came along with that though... would be a huge pain in the neck.  But there could be some serious fifteen minutes of fame involved in that.  "But that's cute- I like that," she added in with a smile at his words, beaming a small smile as she came along with her friend and Star toward the food.

"Thank you again for putting this on!" the girl cheered toward Baldur, giving him a wide, sunny smile. "This is like, the coolest thing I think I've ever done," the girl spoke, clearly meaning within the game, but she wouldn't mind if it was taken another way as well.  The girl grabbed a plate with several bits of food- it had been awhile since she'd had something that wasn't sweets, but all the same she supposed she should try it.  

She also waved cheerily at Jomei, seeing him talk with Baldur, as they went past, just wanting to make sure he knew she was there.

As they made their way out to the gardens and the sunset began, she looked on with a bit of a heavy heart for a moment.  This, as neat as it looked, was just digital.  It wasn't 'real' and that nearly dampened the mood for her until Morningstar asked the question about the two girls.  "Just happened to, like, bump into each other on a Quest.  We recently, like, met back up at a party.  And we need to totally hang out more," she spoke, grinning at the other girl.

Astreya would tease at Morningstar, asking him if he was trying to get a jump at the dating game. Morningstar would tease back at her, asking if she was interested, before admitting that he just liked sunsets. "Sunsets...to me they've got a warm feel to it, there could be a whole variety of moods it could portray...It could just be the colors, though, I'm really not sure." Astralin commented. "...Or maybe I'm just biased. Sunsets are pretty, but the stars..." She continued. "There's just something wondrous about the sight, I can't quite place it or put it into words, actually..."

Astreya would state that dating a movie star would seem fun in theory, that it would be fun for a few weeks... Wait, why was she saying...wait, did she mean that...?

"WAIT, ARE YOU TELLING ME HE'S A MOVIE STAR?????" Astralin reacted.

Oops, hopefully she didn't react loud enough for all of Aincrad to hear.... Astralin placed her hands over her lips as her face reddened, over the embarrassment she began to feel over how loudly she'd reacted in surprise.

@Zajcica @Hirru @Raidou @Freyd @Xena @Eruda @Jomei @Snow

Well, that aside, she would walk with the two players over to get some food. She tried to act like nothing happened, so that anyone who wasn't one of the three players would eventually think it didn't happen, that maybe they were just hearing things...

The players walked up to @Baldur, the organizer of the tournament. Morningstar said that it was great to finally meet him, and Astreya thanked him for running the tournament. "Same!" Astralin added, since the other two had basically taken the words right out of her mouth.

She accepted some food offered by Baldur, and would follow Astreya and Morningstar.

The sunset had begun. The sun would soon rest, and the stars would come to take its place in the sky once it would sink. Morningstar asked the two how they'd met. "We kind of met by chance. We wanted to help someone out, though we weren't the only ones wanting to help the other player...together we traveled through the forest of Wavering Mist and took down a Dark Elven creep." Astralin explained. Astreya would speak of the encounter a swell, not to mention the time they saw each other again at Koga's Christmas Party. "Oh, we sure do." Astralin responded to Astreya's remark that the two needed to hang out more, grinning back at the girl.

@Morningstar @Astreya

Xena was sitting in the corner of the food area 3 empty plates sat next to her, she was reading her messages at the time about a hour or 2 ago she had messaged a friend to make her a kimono for this event, it's likely they weren't done but she was checking just to be sure, and like that it wasn't Xena simply let out a sigh, the kind you make when your annoyed but can't do anything about it. Time was a fickle thing, she felt like when she wanted time to pass it went only moments at a time, then when she wanted to savor a moment, hours would pass in the blink of a eye. It was something you couldn't change, no matter what you do.

Opening her inventory and moving to vanity equipment she'd just check around it, looking for something more formal to wear rather then her dark cloak and other garments. Among the vanity items was a mask, a pair of cat items, and some other gear that's mostly aesthetic, surprisingly there was no actual outfits, only accessories. Perhaps she should eventually go on a outfit shopping spree, not that she was that type of girl at all. She was used to wearing clothes that made her not stand out at all, she more so preferred it that way she guessed.

It wasn't until this point a scream was heard through out the tournament grounds, yeesh. Someone must of dropped something, Xena wasn't able to hear the words said just that there were words. Setting the plates aside she pulled a black book out of her cloaks inner pocket, a quill forming into her other hand, she simply started writing into it, maybe she could find out what these foods recipes we're, though she doubted it. Freyd and Raidou seemed to be getting along now that she had moved away, maybe that was for the best.

Coming to her feet she placed the book back where it was taking the plates and setting them where everyone else had set there's, pulling her cloak up she moved off towards a quiet area, simply yawning and sitting on some stairs, the rising moon was pretty, it always was no matter the floor. The moon and sun kept their beauty even in this virtual world, though she always found the moon much more celestial then the sun, it just had that aura towards it. Capable of bending the light of the sun into its own, such a power was what gave her that impression. And it would always be a beautiful thing to view, much like any kind of sunset.