[OP-F24] Valentines Tournament Arc Round 2 - Observer Thread

"Everyone says that, like I'm expected to ramble off my life's story in some rehearsed song."  Freyd smiled quizzically, his brown consterned by the odd yet consistent expectation.  "Should I make flip cards, or maybe commission a triptych to be mounted to one of those samurai flag pole thingies that I could have mounted to my back?"  Slightly mocking.  Slightly appealing.  He could use it to advertise.   Quip would be pissed.  Motivation grew.  Why was everyone so suddenly interested in getting under his cowl?  Maybe it was just a 'people' thing?  Weird.

Hirru had shared his tale, though.  Did that mean he owed him some sort of debt?  If so, Freyd felt he'd already returned the favour in the form of marshmallows and fire.  Or was this one of those odd 'friendship' rituals.  His grandfather had never talked this much while fishing.  It was only then that Freyd realized that he'd just never listened.  The old man actually gabbed endlessly, to the extent that he'd eventually just tuned him out, and then he'd faded away.  Glancing down at the memento rod, a sense of something washed over him.  

"I'm a very private person, @Hirru, so forgive me if this doesn't come easily.  What is it that you would like to know?"

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xena had left the beach by now, she didn't feel right being in such a place despite having nearly no connection to the people who were being tormented, returning to the spectator area she had sat in a corner, her menu quickly opening and shutting as 2 small books now spawned in front of her, one blue, the other black. Picking up the blue one and opening it, a quill had spawned as well allowing writings to be inscribed into the book, this book specifically having lighter topics then the black one. She had chosen to move away to a place of solitude for more then just one reason actually. But those reason's would be revealed in time, as would most things she kept hidden away from public view. This entire place was a beautiful location, offering more then a few lyrical idea's the only issue being the music to accompany said ideas. She would write certain types of music possibilities to accompany the lyric's, but to test she'd need to go home first, those tests would likely be done days later once this event was well and settled. Xena sighed after finishing writing, now it was time for the other book. A book of secrets and shame, one that would upset those who read it, and was only useful to people like Xena. Picking it up she had began writing the event's upon this island, certain things would be valuable, she was sure of that. Conflicted only slightly by standings with such people, she hardly knew them so she felt somewhat justified, though they also hardly knew her, maybe that's why they were so open. Alas Xena didn't have much option, it had become a habit to write what she sees in this book, whether it gets used in the future or not. The two books had finally snapped shut, and vanished into particles being returned to Xena's inventory, she had been writing for what felt like about a hour, and as she stood she could feel a slight numbness in her feet, only slight due to the games limits, it was still weird feeling however. A lot like how it felt when one of her legs got bitten off by a mimic. That wasn't a fun experience that's for sure, her familiar of course might of found it absolutely hilarious.

Fishing was boring.  Fishing with a pair of gabby sad sacks was even boring-er.   In the grips of ennui, Persi wandered back to the main party, slinking unseen between footfalls and shades of flailing arms holding sloshing drinks.  Dodging between spilled drips and drops, she took stock of the various bipeds milling about the space, disregarding the various conversations.  They all, literally, went over her head, and lummoxes all sounded alike to her anyway.  

And then she saw a familiar bit of fabric, its crimson edges floating predictably above floor level, always just a little bit beyond reach.  Scrambling weightless and silent up a series of expensive-looking ceremonial drapes, her slotted azure eyes flared to existence and caught a certain wanderer's eyes from their corners.  It seemed the best way.  Shadows are not accustomed to standing front and center if they are to be noticed.  Too obvious.  Though she'd silently deny it if anyone ever pointed it out, that was precisely the kind of thinking that made her an Freyd a good pairing.

A familiar pair of ears, orange and striped with frills of white fluff along their edges bobbed around in the distance.  Slotted eyes led the Wanderer towards a goal, because why not?  Besides, she needed a distraction so that she could raid the buffet.

@Raidou@Xena

Xena had been sitting in a chair now a blue book on the table in front of her, she wasn't paying attention to much as she wrote more lyrics into the blue book, after all she didn't really know anyone here, or at least hadn't seen anyone she knew here, Nari was the closest and according to the news she's heard they had been kicked off the island, she felt bad for them but. Baldur made the choice, there was nothing anyone was gonna be able to do about it. Meanwhile Amber had left Xena's person deciding to explore the area, they noticed someone very specific, and decided to have some fun, slowly sneaking around a pillar Amber crept up behind Persi before poking them in the back. Perhaps the tiger cub could get a fun scare out of the shadow mongoose, either way it could be a fun time for all.

Xena herself had stood up taking her book and started walking off towards the more center area of the spectator area, she couldn't exactly see any of the fights from her location so a change of area would obviously fix this. Sitting in a new seat, she simply looked around a bit before sighing and leaning back into the chair.

@Freyd@Raidou

As Oji finished his drink, a gentlemen, the actual owner of the estate and the mastermind behind this enjoyable tournament, came and spoke a few words, some right out of his own mouth. He kindly asked the lady to leave for her actions, and Oji understood, as did she. Actions have consequences. And the man offered her to come back another day to right her wrongs, and the was happy with that, and so was he. He accepted the young ladies friend request she had sent, and he stood to his feet. "I'll make sure she gets safely, thank you for your kind words." He spoke with a polite bow, then stood and helped the young lady to the dock.

As she got ready to leave, he gave her a wave and a smile. "If you ever need to come and talk, my home is on floor 22. Don't be afraid to write and ask to say, I love guests as much as I love sake." he said with a chuckle. After he saw the young man boat her to the exit, he left the dock and went back to the sandy beach, enjoying the rays of sunshine shimmering off the ocean's current. It was truly a beautiful sight, and he was happy to help someone today. He hoped that she would do well, and that he would get to speak to her more on subjects and help her through the rough turns of life. 

He was "Oji" After all, that came with the name.

@Nari-Lanreth@Baldur

Baldur took up position in one of the more central spots of the grounds, where his voice would carry over the water and reach everyone more easily. With the conclusion of the second round of fighting, it was on to one of the more friendly events. A feast for the guests. A luau of sorts. A much needed reprieve for everyone together.

"Attention everyone!" He called out, his voice dropping a little deeper in tone to help it carry. He could, when he wanted to, have a fairly deep commanding tone. A stage voice.

"Thank you all for your competition and support of it." His voice returned to his normal timbre.

"The winners of round 2 are as follows.

In the fight between @Morningstar and @Astreya, the winner is MorningStar!

In the fight between @Lessa and @Alkor, the winner is Lessa!

In the fight between @Astralin and @Morgenstern, the winner is Astralin!

In the fight between @Nari-Lanreth and @NIGHT, the winner is Night!

In the fight between @Bismuth and Takumi, the winner is Takumi!

"Now as I mentioned before, that means Takumi shall not be proceeding to the next round of the tournament.

Instead, tomorrow we will have the semi-final fights, which unlike we have done so far, shall take place one at a time. The first match on the morrow shall be @Lessa vs @NIGHT followed by @Astralin vs @Morningstar! The victors shall then move on to play for first place."

He gestured out over the rest of his house, where now several other of the shoji panels opened up to reveal more food, and some friends helped move the tables out into some of the gathering spaces.

"In the mean time, please join us for dinner and a view of the sunset." The sky was already turning, but the sun had not yet dipped beyond the edge of floor 24. "This is one of the prettier floors to be out at night on. The moon and the stars reflect in the water, and the underside of floor 25 glimmers with crystals like an imitation of the night sky."

Baldur bowed to those assembled, and again to the victors of the tournament. Everyone here was honoring him by their participation, and even more so by the efforts they put in to dressing up in his style. He hoped it was an enjoyable day for everyone.

He then broke the ice by walking forward to one of the first tables, grabbing a role of sashimi prepared by Snow, and then grabbed a rather antagonistic apron that said "Kiss the Cook" before he lit the grill and someone brought him a tray of Yakitori. It was mostly already prepared, but it wasn't quite warm, so he had been told that just a few moments over the grill would be enough to revitalize them.

"Please," He gestured to the nearest group of people, "help yourselves, and feel free to wander my gardens."

Hirru groaned as sitting down was beginning to wear on the hunter's bottom.  There was a bit of thought that would have to go into the question at hand.  What did the hunter want to ask the whisper?  To be fair, he didn't really know.  All the stories that the hunter spouted were just things that he would have spoken about anyway.  What does one ask someone that won't disclose anything.

"Well, being that as it is, I won't ask anything too personal.  Instead, I'll just ask how you met Vigilon.  Although, I don't know the boy, to know that you met him after he fell from the sky does seem like an interesting story."

Hirru would pack up the pole as he stood up.  The fishing was done, for now, and he had a good haul of weaponry.  Maybe he would pass them around to those that didn't make it through the tournament.

"A good tale doesn't always have to be serious, nor apart of one self.  A single moment in our lives can be recounted to exhaustion, but for some, they can't get enough of it.  It doesn't have to be told as if you were there, or it could be, but you never really were.  It's how you present it.  Play with the contents, and make it interesting to the listener, not to yourself."

He chuckled to himself.

"I guess what I'm saying is.  Don't worry about it too much.  I'm the one that lets the stories come out, anyway."

Hearing that the dinner was on, the hunter waved Freyd on.

"Come on, you can tell me with some food in our stomachs."

@Freyd

Heels clicked on stone as slim legs stepped from the wooden boat. The fallen paladin stretched her arms and back in response to the rickety but quiet ride. She would turn back to the young carrier and give him a gentle smile. “Thank you for the ride, sir.” Her deep voice resonate before she started to head towards the festivities. An event hosted by Baldur was happening, some kind of tournament. Sad as she was that she missed the registration, that didn’t mean she couldn’t enjoy the spectacle.

It seemed as though the final match had ended just recently, unfortunately. That being said, there was a small feast happening. Now, the last thing Yuki wanted to do was draw attention to herself but she wasn’t sure if her new sense of attire and slightly altered look was going to make her blend in as another person or people would jump on her wondering where she’s been.

In either case, she wanted to get back in touch with her friends even if one at a time. This seemed like a great time to do so. If Baldur was hosting, he might have a little time to talk and enjoy some company. Waiting for Baldur to take a seat for his own food, Yuki would get in line to get her own and surprise her husband’s teacher. As she approached where sat and would try sit next to him if possible.

”Evening, Sensei.” The paladin would say, clearly revealing herself by her voice if her appearance wasn’t recognized. “It’s been quite awhile, hasn’t it? Would you mind a conversation?”

Spoiler

Zajcica, Pink Paladin
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 39
HP: 820/820
EN: 94/94

Stats:
Damage: 2
Mitigation: 220
Battle Healing: 45
Loot Dice: 5
FL. AURA: 16
FR. AURA: 8
FR. THRN: 8/16
REC: 8
TAUNT
THRNS: 72

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Casseur de Logistille(T4/Sh./Per) | Thorns II; Fr. Thorns
Armor: Jack's Plate(T4/HA/Per) | Fl. Aura II; Taunt
Misc: Griffin Plate(T4/HA/Per) | Rec II; Fr. Aura

Skills:
Heavy Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Howl
Fighting Spirit
Searching R5

Active Mods:
Impetus
Iron Skin
Focused Howl
Reveal

Inactive Mods:

Active Extra Skills:
Survival
Concentration
Block R5
Leadership R1

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal: 1
Mochi | LD III                                                                                        : 10
3: 4
4: 5
5: 6
6: 7
7: 8

@Baldur

Edited by Zajcica

Following Persi's eyesight, unconcerned where the familiar's intentions lie. The wanderer had seen it fell a titan on its own, burrowing it's way through without much resistance. Any mischief or issue she found herself in, she could readily handle. A simple seat, as if unpacking himself after a change. Weight to a soft seat in the shape of a pillow, the clatter of dishes upon a platform. "Comfortable?" The boy spoke, a bit of whimsical invite to his tone. It had been a bit, since the Hoya's walls, but even still he didn't have an issue recognizing the girl.

Taking the space near her, he knew what it was like to be the odd one out. Beside the standard fair and to keep to one's self. Helping himself to the tea he had brought, his attention focused forward across the ringing of wood weapons met. "I'm glad you found yourself here." He remarks nursing the taste of another sip, allowing steam to bleed from its opening. It seemed that in her own way, perhaps she'd taken his words to heart. "It isn't easy, having the courage to allow people the opportunity to get to know who you are."

@Xena

Xena had shrugged, pulling her cloak down, her vanity items had been removed before she even came here so no ears, for now. "Honestly, I'm not very sure. The one person I interacted with got kicked out, I didn't exactly have the right to know what happened prior." She stated, slipping her small blue note book back into her cloak, the quill she had been using vanishing into dust. "Heh, the trip her was traumatic, a bit too deep water for someone like me." As she commented she looked at the tea Raidou had been drinking, she never really drank tea, or even coffee to be fair. The most she's ever had was the honey tea her mother made her when she was young to nurse sore throats. She imagined it tasted relatively similar to normal tea, it's funny just how life like this game can be at times, and how supernatural it could be at others. Perhaps she was a prime candidate for that with her taste in vanity.

"It's, certainly a interesting a new feeling... I feel vulnerable... And... I definitely don't like it." She shrugged, but decided to change the subject. "I noticed everyone was wearing a festive outfit, where did you guys get them?"

@Raidou

Bottomed out glass, he'd reach for the thermos he'd brought and pour in some more. A fixation to keep him from studying as intensely on his surroundings. Through wooden panels peaks a waning afternoon sun, casting an orange glow across polished hardwood flooring. "I caught the back half of what happened. I hope that lessons learned prevents it from happening in the future." Pressing that glass to his lips, stealing a peripheral glance at Xena and noticing the lack of her chosen characteristic. Perhaps the words from the others had discouraged them being worn. Subtly, Raidou found them fitting and defining. An identity removed more than likely didn't offer her any encouragement to being comfortable.

"But we are all surprisingly durable. I believe you would be astonished what you can handle. Vulnerable, yes, but it builds faith. It builds hope, we've shown we are capable of trust." His gaze this almost dormant and seemed to see for miles, as if he was peering past the walls and over the conflict in sport filled spirits. The slight glare upon his lenses from the cast light. "This? I picked it up during the Tanabata event, from one of the stalls. It would probably look nice on you, worth considering getting yourself one." A lack of understanding his own purposal he'd continue. "A composite would accent your features, something darker to accent your electric hair tone. But I miss the ears."

Smirking in response, Freyd tenderly pressed a single fingertip against the heavily lacquered wooden rod, dismissing it to the ether as one might a treasured memory or a pleasant dream for safekeeping.   Hirru had no idea what he was asking, but it warmed the Whisper's cold exterior to know that he was kind enough to care.  Perhaps some stories could be told.  Not everything had to be a secret, after all.

"It began as I said.  Rumours of some sort of flaming cat in the jungles near Krycim had drawn my attention.  I make it my habit to get to know as much of the geography of all the floors in the tower as I can, and just happened to be there at precisely the moment he slipped.  If memory serves, he was trying to determine if there was an upper limit to the safe zone around the settlement, or some such."

Extending his crossed, lanky legs like some sort of electrically powered scissor lift, Freyd rose with minimal effort and wandered over to join Hirru by the short set of stairs leading to the deck and railings that surrounded the pond.  The woodwork was impressive, but so was the craftsmanship throughout the expansive estate.  Baldur deserved to be proud.

"He seemed to give up on that particularly off bit of research during our introductions and latched on to the notion that we might work together to hunt the beast instead.  More targets for the mobs is never a bad thing, and his crystal was green, so I took a chance."

Freyd's hand traced the railing over the banister as they neared the raucous central chambers, still flush with humanity and all of its myriad distractions.  Tactile connection to their surroundings seemed to offset the risk of sensory overload. Just ahead, different voices rose and fell like waves upon the ocean, blending together to form a backdrop to the many-splendored hue and patterns of cloth and accessories.  The scent of flowers mixed with food and raw, pungent sweat created a sickly sweet atmosphere.

"Not much to tell about the battle. Most of the details have long since faded from memory.  But I do recall a pair of thugs trying to strongarm us as we returned to town.  Vigilon got his back up and put himself right in their faces.  I just walked away.  We have better things to do with our time and resources than wasting them fighting each other."

It wasn't until that moment that Freyd appreciated how apt the tale was to their recent circumstances.  Once again, he'd chosen not to engage, deeming it to be fruitless and counterproductive.  His eyes were always on the bigger prize, far, far in the distance.

"Over there," he said, urging his companion towards the buffet.  Truth be told, Freyd knew that time was a dwindling commodity.  He'd soon have his fill of unwanted conflicts.  Even if he didn't care to stomach his choices, when in Rome, etc.

Vanity Tags: @Baldur @Vigilon @Hirru

Xena looked to the side opening her menu, maybe she could order one somehow. Or somehow got one at one point or another without noticing, the answer obviously was a no, she hadn't. "I just hope their doing alright." She commented simply, closing her menu. Then came the topic of vulnerability faith and trust, and she sighed deeply. "I trust one person, and even then its not completely, this worlds been too cruel to be able to completely trust anyone anymore." She stated having had her own issues in the past with lies and misdirection, but she was no sheep either. She had lied on many occasions to get herself out of hot water, but then, who wouldn't. The answer was the person right next to her most likely.

Xena knew she did need to open up a bit though, she kept to herself too much. And if she died, no one would notice because of that. Well, maybe Freyd would, but likely no one else. "Heh, your one to talk, mr 'may i pet you'." She just snickered a tad remembering when he asked too, it was a funny situation that she ended up enjoying more then she'd ever admit. Being pet had its benefits you could say, with or without vanity cosmetics. "But yeah, if you wouldn't mind guiding me to a place to buy one? I'd love to fit in more seeing how I haven't actually seen anyone else wearing normal armor."

@Raidou

The current leg of the tournament concludes, declaring victors and that only two duels remained. Such a strange set of opponents, not ones that he'd wrapped his head around encountering. "I am sure what is required is just some time to reflect. Growth only happens through understanding, and accepting what was as a problem." The sharp exhale causes him to peer on his peripheral, making it a note to not look directly at the girl. "Is that true? You said it yourself, you feel vulnerable. Yet here we are, this world is unforgiving and can ride the edge of hostile. Even still, the choice was to stick our neck out. That takes some level of trust, I would be lying if I told you I was completely off guard. But, I am here, as are you."

An excuse to continue to have this conversation, offering another thermos to the table and dismissing the empty vessel. If more human 'needs' were required, then he'd sure as hell would need to seek out a bathroom at the rate he was pounding liquids. "It is a little embarrassing, I must admit I was intrigued. First time I'd seen something like those ears, and my curiosity got the best of me. I don't believe the place I bought this is still open, it was a temporary stall during the star festival. Although I believe someone who specializes in making clothes could reproduce them easily."

Just beyond the windows in paper screen trim, that amber glow begins to twist into a soft blue. The ode to a dying day, giving birth to a brand-new night. 

Xena laid her arms and head down on the table whilst she listened to Raidou, while she could respect him, her trust was another thing. Then again she let the man pet her so, what was she to say about that. "I just wish Fr-" Cutting herself off she heard Baldur's toast to the laua and night. "Seems the festivity's are starting." She sighed, maybe she should mail a friend, she had a few, one was a tailor and could likely make her a more fitting vanity outfit if they weren't here, their shop was always rather busy though so she doubted they were. With a quick poke around her menu she did send a message, but obviously it wouldn't be responded too immediately.

"A laua huh, I don't get why he didn't just call it a festival." She commented looking out towards where baldur was. "You know, he gives me the same vibes you do, tall, mysterious, imposing." It was likely one of those was more because she's just extremely short. "I guess that's why you people are such good players, your able to lead properly, where others doubt themselves." Xena had practically gone off on a complete rant to herself.

@Raidou

Edited by Xena

Astreya had been suitably bummed after losing her fight.  Not that she really minded losing against Morningstar- he had seemed a nice enough guy (and the fact that he was a movie star was pretty awesome to boot!) but she was still... just a little bit sad.  She'd hoped to win all the way through and be able to be the one taking the date to someone else.  She still wasn't a hundred percent sure on who she'd pick.  

The words from Alkor still rang in her mind as she had wandered a bit after the fight.  That had been the first person that she had attempted to talk to who had shut her down so quickly.  Not that it was entirely unexpected- she knew not everyone was fond of the bubbly, peppy persona that she broadcast, but all the same, she couldn't help but to feel that maybe she had come on a little too strong with him?  Toning it down and dialing it back were possibilities- but she didn't know that she could safely do so without other people questioning why she was acting differently.  She didn't particularly like Alkor, but the fact that he wasn't nearly as open as some of the others made her curious.

Of course, she'd also seen Raidou briefly while wandering, and while she also found him interesting, the way he looked to her made it seem like he was piercing through her mask with ease and that was not something she wanted to give him more ammunition for if she could help it.  Freyd was also an option, as was Koga...but given that she knew that the girl from his party liked him... she wasn't about to get in on that.

She could make it a fun girl time with Astralin or Nari, maybe?  Just hang out, have some fun, not really a 'date' so much as it would be just a sort of...relaxed time?  But it didn't much matter now anyway- she'd lost.  

The girl had kept away from the others for a short time, the cheerful expression gone from her features while she'd just been...off in her own world, keeping an eye out for anyone who might see her, but thankfully there were none, and soon she felt herself being pulled back toward the company of others.  As she did, she saw the host readying himself to speak, announcing her loss, as well as the exchanges from the others, leaving a fight for the next round of Lessa and NIGHT.  Lessa was the woman that Jomei liked- she'd have to keep an eye on her...if she could win, then maybe she'd ask Jomei?  On the other end was Astralin and Morningstar.  Well she'd have to root for her friend!

As she made her way closer, she even saw the blonde girl talking with her latest opponent and couldn't help a grin as she approached, waving, beaming a grin at them both.  "Heyyyy!  Good fight back there!" she cheered toward them both.  She hadn't admittedly seen much of Astralin's, but she was happy her friend had won.  "Looks like you two get to, like, fight tomorrow, yeah?  Sorry Star, gonna totally have to vote for my girl Astralin," she spoke, beaming a smile at them both.

@Astralin @Morningstar

Eruda in Kamono.jpgPalms were sweety, they were being held in the long sleeves of her Kimono. Chest was tight, she felt like she couldn't breath. The last event like this Eruda was at was the Tanabana, even then she was surrounded my people that were known to her. After everything that had happened, there were a few problems that Eruda had to take care of. Being in a large group of people was a major one. Freyd had mentioned this place, and to be honest, Eruda wasn't going to come. -Freyd better be here or I'm gonna kill him...- Eruda thought.

Walking through those doors, there was so many people. So loud, could barely hear herself think. So many conversations being held... It was all so overwhelming. Stopping at the door frame, breathing got rough. Eruda closes her eyes and decides that instead of running, taking it out on the person that brought her here was the best course of action. -I can do this, I can do this, I can do this,- Eruda kept repeating in her head as those feet fly right pass Freyd. Eruda was so focused on trying to walk the opposite direction from the door to notice anything else.

@Freyd

Spoiler

Eruda, The Blazing Lily
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 52
HP: 900/900
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 179
Battle Healing: 49
Loot Dice: 4
BRN: 56
BRN IMMUNE
FL. AURA: 16
FL. THRN: 8
REC: 8
TAUNT
THRNS: 72

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Consuming Pyre - Surt T4: (Burn 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T4 Demonic: Flame Aura 2, Flameproof, Recovery 1
Misc: Stalwart Defender T4 Demonic: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1, Flame Thorns 1)

Skills:
Curved Sword R5
Heavy Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Fighting Spirit
Howl
Searching R4

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking

Addons:
Iron Skin
Focus
Rampart
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Block R5
Concentration
Survival

Housing Buffs:
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

The fights of the second round took off, and Jomei was only able to divide his attention so much. He took notice of Astreya fighting against Morningstar, and that seemed a bit of fun in itself. It was the NIGHT v. Nari-Larenth and Lessa v. Alkor fights that really caught his gaze. Jomei knew next to nothing about NIGHT, nor Nari, but his fight against her prior is what caught his curiosity. To see if she could keep the momentum up and take on yet another frontliner. This, of course, wasn’t the case as NIGHT came out victorious.

The other side of the dojo, where he had positioned himself, Lessa and Alkor crossed not only sword, but their emotions. Alkor seemed to have some sort of mental break towards the start of their fight, before composing himself and giving Lessa the rematch she deserved. Whether is was those nerves of his that caused him to lose, or his opponent’s skill, it was Lessa that took the win to move to the next round.

He was happy to see her move onto the next round, he truly was. But as she landed a final hit against Alkor, he did not find himself cheering, or clapping, or even smiling. The only thing Jomei did once the fight was over was let a slow stream of air leak out of his nostrils, slowly deflating his tense stature. His eyes followed the two as they immediately set off to somewhere more private to speak until they were out of his peripherals, a hooded gaze turned forward once again.

With the day’s fights concluded, Baldur invited the participants and spectators to indulge in a feast as a means of thanking them for joining him on his island. Their samurai host’s hospitality was enough to pull a smile out of Jomei, at least. 

Well, if Im not fighting anymore.. maybe I should” a hand rose to summon his inventory menus. His feet carried him to a more secure location. One hand rested on his chin, as the other carefulls scrolled through a menu. In a flash of light, Jomei’s training attire swapped out for a more formal yakuta, a white top with his cloak still sitting on his shoulders, and green bottoms. Adjusting the collar so it sat better on his form, he returned to the main hall where the wide spread of food was laid out for them to enjoy.

Jomei’s Attire:

Spoiler

FC46C99D-52B7-4CA5-A963-FEA6D8D6A4D1.png

Morningstar returned a chuckle at Astralin's comment about his name. It wasn't what he meant, but he wasn't going to embarrass the girl. Besides, he didn't feel like explaining it.

"My fight was interesting. I had a good time," he said.

He'd spoken more with Astreya during their fight than he had with anyone else throughout the tournament. He found it funny. She'd been a formidable opponent, even if it was a clean win for Morningstar. He hoped there were no hard feelings despite the fact that he stole the remainder of the tournament from her. Their interactions had been short, but she'd grown on him during the duel.

Speak of the devil, he thought as his former opponent approached.

"Hey, I like being the underdog. Good fight," he smiled back.

He forgot that the rest of the fights were scheduled for the next day. Baldur's toast came as a swift reminder. Star's fight would be second after NIGHT and Lessa's. He was excited he'd get the chance to watch since he'd only caught a couple so far. The smell of chicken wafted through the dojo.

Star stood up. "I'll be getting dinner if you two would like to join me. Baldur mentioned that his gardens are open to anyone and I'd rather die than miss the sunset."

@Astralin @Astreya

Yup.  Still lots of people.  Too many for his liking.  Freyd was a loner at heart, and crowds just increased the probability that he'd find a way to cram his entire leg in his mouth, as opposed to the foot-only standards of others.  Socially awkward was an understatement, especially if small talk was required.  He made a mental note to ask Shiina if such an art could actually be weaponized by performers, and pictured an explanation that involved crayons, fireworks, and Baldur's entire palace breaking out into a massive Bollywood number.  A shiver shook his spine.

Something blonde with impeccable posture and overly focused on nothing strode by, muttering under its breath.  Eruda.  Eruda?  Here?!

"Eruda?"

The crowd closed in behind her.  Turning briefly to Hirru, Freyd excused himself and promised to find him as soon as the meal was ready, thanking him quickly for their conversation before vanishing suddenly between passing patrons.  A quick glance between shadows found his mark just up ahead moving in a bee line as others parted ways like waves at her approach.  The girl had presence, he noted, even if she was so stiff that a breeze might snap her in half.

A deliberately accidental bump, quickly followed by an expression of pleasant surprise and welcoming smile.  Contact achieved.  Blue eyes glittered in the darkness of the rafters above and their slotted gaze pointed to the left.  Red cloth was barely visible through the crowd.

"Come on," he said, offering some solace to his vanguard friend.  Compared to taking, navigating a path between the crush of bodies was definitely more his style.  "I think I know who you're looking for."

@Hirru@Eruda