The Paladin Rises from the Ashes.[PP|F22]

image.thumb.png.d0e633db2cb4172ace5915435a48283d.pngHeels clopped against the few cool stones of Coral's teleportation gate. It had been so insanely long that the Pink Paladin couldn't even begin to put her finger on a date. Being trapped within a dungeon for so long with nothing but the thorns on your back did quite the number on one's sanity. Yuki would only be left with her own thoughts while monsters would take countless ages to die to transcendent aura. With a heavy sigh and a quick re-evaluation of her outfit and new look, the pink haired girl would look in the direction of her beautiful home. How she missed the place, and the one who resided in it: Crozeph.

Based on her friends list, Crozeph was still alive and currently inside her house. The poor thing... He must be worried sick about her. That's feeling of losing contacts in dungeons was hitting even harder the more she approached her humble, Japanese themed home. Upon approaching the outside gate, the girl would open the door and step inside quietly as she could. She didn't want to alert Crozeph to her grand reappearance too early. She had spent some time out of the dungeon to get a little change done. A new outfit, a new hair style, the entire works. Despite her current feelings, she needed to see Cro with a smile on her face, not a drudging painful look.

As she approached the door, her body shook uncontrollably. An overwhelming amount of joy, excitement, anxiety and sadness welled up on her all at once. Somehow, despite wearing heels, she managed her balance and approached the door. Cro might hear the approach as the heels of her shoes clicked on the wood. Three soft knocks would surely get his attention, in any case. "Cr-Crozeph? O-Open... the door. Please." Unable to hold herself this time, the girl would fall to her knees in front of the door, smile on her face, tears on her cheeks as she awaited his appearance in the door frame.

Spoiler

Zajcica, Pink Paladin
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 38
HP: 820/820
EN: 94/94

Stats:
Damage: 2
Mitigation: 220
Battle Healing: 45
Loot Dice: 5
FL. AURA: 16
FR. AURA: 8
FR. THRN: 8/16
REC: 8
TAUNT
THRNS: 72

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Casseur de Logistille(T4/Sh./Per) | Thorns II; Fr. Thorns
Armor: Jack's Plate(T4/HA/Per) | Fl. Aura II; Taunt
Misc: Griffin Plate(T4/HA/Per) | Rec II; Fr. Aura

Skills:
Heavy Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Howl
Fighting Spirit
Searching R5

Active Mods:
Impetus
Iron Skin
Focused Howl
Reveal

Inactive Mods:

Active Extra Skills:
Survival
Concentration
Block R5
Leadership R1

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal: 1
Mochi | LD III : 10
3: 4
4: 5
5: 6
6: 7
7: 8

"Apply generously on hair" he muttered, in front of a sink which he wasn't sure if it was necessary in this world where objects destroyed or modified turn into pixels, cubes of it. He has been in the house for a few days. Trips to Baldur's estate, journeys with Koga, and the stupidity his Night's Watch can come with helped him pull through.

But at the end of all these routine it will always feel empty, very empty.

Crozeph combed his hair up with his fingers, the chemical he held generously applied on his palms... he was dyeing his hair back to it's previous color, covering the original raven-black he had. It was a reminder to him, there's someone who gave him something new to enjoy and remember.

A few minutes more and it was done, his hair looked good despite doing a half-assed job of dyeing it. He looked scrawny as he stared at his arms, perhaps that will never change nor was it necessary to.

there was a knock...

Crozeph turned his head as he cleaned his hand, it sounded like the knock was inside and not at the gate and that can only mean

"She's-"

Crozeph bolted to the door, his EVA boosted it so fast that he also slammed the door as he slides it. His eyes widened, biting his lip and in a heartbeat and opened his arms wide wrapping it around her. Crozeph hugged Yuki tight, there was slight changes but Crozeph knows there's only two of them who can enter the house.

"Oh god, where have you been? I have so happy to see you!"

Her body weak from overwhelming emotions, Yuki couldn’t do much more than cry. The happiness she felt had brought her to tears in an instant. The two of them haven’t talked in so long and she felt so bad for it. Her small arms wrapped around him as his wrapped around hers. “I’m sorry… I… Had to get out and think about some things after everything that had happened. I accidentally stepped into a dungeon and I’ve been stuck inside of it for awhile… admittedly…” It was embarrassing to think that she would allow herself to be caught out by something so easily avoidable but she’d made worse decisions consciously. “Thankfully it wasn’t a very high leveled one but it still took some time to get out. I can’t message others outside the dungeon which is why I’ve never answered your messages.”

The pink haired girl would life herself to her feet and stretch herself slightly. Looking passed Crozeph, she would see her warming home then look back at Crozeph. “I know I had a lot stored in the fridge, but you’ve probably been through a lot of the same stuff, huh? Let’s go inside and I’ll make us something to eat that we can talk over.” The paladin would say as she took his hand and pulled him inside to the kitchen that she was so used to.

• 2 weeks later...

A dungeon? thankfully it's not a high level one? Crozeph knew she was near invincible but it felt like he was missing out on doing something boyfriend-ish like protecting or helping her "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you"  he told her. There are times where Yuki was an arrow let loose, you can only watch it fly and pierce through anything before it stops. She was like that, he knew what he got himself into, he wanted to see her like that. He wasn't that strong to keep up but he would always watch.

Enough of those deep thoughts for now, as Yuki pulled him in with her inside the house, Crozeph made a nervous laugh. She knew him too well and she knows what to actually please him, something he always long for whenever she was with him in their house "fuck, she'll find out I went through all kinds of bread I can find in this house."  

Edited by Crozeph
  • 2 weeks later...

As she walked into the house, Crozeph would voice his regrets to her. Yuki would simply shake her head in response. “I’m the only one to blame. I tried to shoulder pain that I could not take alone. I should have sought you out and asked you to share that burden with me. If I had done that, maybe I would have been back for the floor 26 boss.” The pinkette would say, making her way into the lovely kitchen. It was much less maintained than she would have wanted but that’s what happens when you don’t go home for months.

One of the first things she noticed was just how much of her stocked food was gone at this point. “I see I’ve been gone for far too long. At least I have enough scratch here to make something out of. Give me some time and I’ll have us something ready.” 

Her speed was almost second nature. Even though she hadn’t been in her kitchen in so long, she still remembered where everything was without even skipping a beat. It wouldn't be long at all until they had a wonderful Japanese meal that Crozeph probably hadn’t had the pleasure of in so long.

• 2 weeks later...

He sat beside the table, looking like a kid waiting for what the chef has to offer. It's been a while since he had something that Yuki made, Shirogane can't even hold a candle to Yuki when it comes to cooking. He heard her say things about burden and sharing it, he knew what she wanted to say but sometimes there are things that can't be done skillfully like cooking or using a katana. "We'll get used to seeking each other out for greater burdens, I know you're strong enough to hold your own against many things. You don't have to sweat it, if you need me I'll just be where you left me, here in our house" he said, his expression still fixated on what Yuki is cooking.

"The boss was kinda tricky, not in terms of stats. You know how exaggerated the Frontlines can prepare, it looked more of a walk in a park but the road is paved with morality. Choices got heated as it clashed but at least everyone agreed to do something human."

Crozeph gazed at her she continued, she looked a little bit different but the feeling he has when seeing her remains the same, there might be a few changes but Yuki is still Yuki, and he knows it. 

• 2 months later...

Within moments, the house started smelling like home again. The dusty cobwebs swiped away and the wonderful scent of meat and vegetables returned life to the disheveled abode. Crozeph's words rang true to her when he spoke about emotions being difficult to take on alone. It was even more difficult to ask someone else to burden what you feel are your own responsibilities. Learning to confide in someone you can trust is something she would have to adapt to. "Thank you, Cro. I appreciate you."

A couple minutes later, the food would be finished. No matter how often she cooked in Aincrad she was still amazed how little time it took to make food, especially as you leveled up your cooking skill. Gyoza, rice and miso soup was the finished product and, despite it being nothing but pixels, it smelled like the real thing. "Food is done. Here's a plate for you." The paladin would say handing him is food.