[PP-F1] The art of Tailoring <<Earning a Living: Tailor>>

Krysta's priority for this was to end without any real problems. If Krysta could get something worthwhile from this monster upon killing it, it would be a fair compensation for having had to fight it in the first place. Tension rose as both Krysta and the monstrous boar slowly walked towards the side, circling around the general area as each waited for the other to make a move. Soon, Krysta moved in to strike. She rushed towards the monster, and the boar moved its tusks in position, and when Krysta reached the monster, it attempted to disarm her. Krysta held on to her weapon rather tightly, and thus it only managed to cause her to tumble over the beast's back, landing after the stumble had flipped her over. "This...is one of many reasons why I wear tights under my battledress..." Krysta thought. Indeed, she had been flipped upside down by this misfortune, and thanks to the white tights she was wearing, what should not be seen, remained unseen.

ID# 205115 BD: 1(Critical Fail), MD: 3(miss)

[1]Krysta: HP 760/760EN 100/110 | 23 DMG | 78 MIT | 2 ACC | 3 LD | Holy: 8 | T4 Bleed

Enemies:

Boar: HP 39/384, 128 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Breath drew from her lungs when the boar flipped Krysta up into the air before crashing into the grassy floor. Cleo could do nothing but watch as the beast, and the other Player went in for another attack. She saw that neither of the combatants landed a significant blow against the other in keeping track of the blonde's health bar, but the tension had only risen since the fight's inception. 

"Krysta! You okay?" she shouted across, half-wanting to spring up from behind the log and take the boar by surprise. The other Player's words echoed in her mind, however. This creature, it is balanced against me. She'd seen how much damage the boar had taken, while she could barely deal a tenth of that. If the beast's strength rivaled Krysta's, how many attacks could she take herself? Perhaps none. For that reason, she held back, glued to the log, and waited.

@Krysta

Cleo called out from her cover, asking Krysta if she was alright. "So far, I remain unharmed." She answered. The boar would begin to turn around to face Krysta. Krysta would set herself right and get back up, before readying her sword art and striking down her foe. The battle-hardened monster let out a shrill, final squeal. It was almost at an ear-piercing pitch, but as the sound continued, it lessened in intensity until it diminished entirely, as the beast fell down before it shattered.

Despite this creature being a battle-hardened, perhaps entirely malevolent beast, this monster turned out to be rather destitute. At least it had two materials Krysta had use for, but she considered that it wasn't worth the risk of a low-level having gotten rather uncomfortably close to a quick yet horrific demise. She inhaled, and then exhaled. "We should do what we can to finish up quickly." She suggested. "I'd rather not have a close call such as this one again."

@Them

ID# 205377 BD: 5+2=7(hit), MD: 5(miss)

Radiant Strike: 23x12=276 damage to Boar

ID# 205379 CD: 12, LD: 1+3=4(1920 col, 2 materials)

Progress: 4/5

Krysta: HP 760/760EN 92/110 | 23 DMG | 78 MIT | 2 ACC | 3 LD | Holy: 8 | T4 Bleed

Enemies:

Boar: HP 0/384, 128 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Gladened as Krysta confirmed that she was okay, Cleo observed the closing moments of the fight. After the boar's grating squeal, she felt relief over the encounter's end and, after a brief survey of their surroundings, removed herself from cover. No more threats were in sight, but she couldn't trust observations alone, and as the last boar seemed to appear out of nowhere, the Player kept her wits about her, staying on high alert. In response to Krysta's wish to leave at the earliest convenience, she agreed. "Yeah, let's get out of here as soon as we can. I'm practically boar food out here." A smile hid hints of genuine concern. "Good job, by the way. Don't worry; I won't tell anybody you got knocked onto your butt by a floor one boar." Cleo's smile grew as she laughed briefly, though seriousness returned soon after.

Combat behind the pair, the search for materials commenced once more. "You get anything useful for the quest, at least?"

@Krysta

Krysta was in need of one more material, but the issue was finding it before the game chose to spawn another dangerous monster. She could only hope that such a goal could be accomplished in time. Cleo agreed that the two players should retreat back to the safe zone once all of the required materials were gathered. She also noted that she would keep the incident under wraps, that the knowledge of her being flipped over by the beast to the point where the asymmetric skirt of her battledress had fallen in the wrong direction, would be considered confidential. Finally, Cleo asked if Krysta managed to obtain anything from the monster. "It dropped some leather and a tusk. I might be able to get the tusk exchanged for a material of equal or lesser rarity with an NPC, but as for the rest, it would seem the beast was rather destitute, not that it had any use for wealth or weapons..." Krysta explained. A quick glance around and there were no materials within plain sight. Thus the search would have to continue. "At this rate, anything may do, there is no telling when another monster may choose to assault one of us."

@Them

ID# 205444 LD: 5+3=8(failure)

Progress: 4/5

Edited by Krysta

"One more left, then? It could be worse." Assuming Cleo's maths didn't betray her, she figured that their search was on the cusp of its resolution. "I swear, if that Richard Textillion makes us run out to gather more materials, I will attempt safe zone murder." Though kidding, she couldn't rule out the possibility entirely. As it turns out, materials are a pain to find, all they needed being a single flower, flax plant, rare snail shell; anything would do. The issue was in finding it. She reasoned they could find one on their way back to town. "Shall we start heading back? It'll be safer that way, plus, if we don't run into a single material before we reach the edge of the city, we're officially cursed with bad luck." With a quick final sweep around the area, she walked back onto the path often traveled, waiting for Krysta to join before setting off.

@Krysta

"I do hope that you jest," Krysta said in response to Cleo's words. "I would rather not find myself in a scenario where one tried to murder another within the safe zone, not that it would succeed." Cleo suggested heading back, and Krysta did not hesitate to agree. "Certainly. At least out on the open wilds of Aincrad you can see something approaching, rather than overgrown riverbanks where something could easily be hiding within." She remarked.

As the players started to head back to the Starting City, Krysta happened to spot more cotton. How did she not notice this here on the way to the riverbanks? She would walk over to it as to harvest the cotton from the plant, and then she would return to Cleo's side as to assure that if anything else dared to show up, the player was safe.

Thankfully, it would seem that no nearby creatures along the road were on the intent of becoming hostile and attacking.

@Them

ID# 205570 LD: 12+3=15(Success)

Progress: 5/5

Edited by Krysta

The journey back would take a few minutes. With Krysta finding the last material necessary to advance the quest and with no need to hang around the city's gates, they moved onward to the famed NPC tailor's shop, where Richard Textillion stood behind the counter, tending to a magnificent green dress befit for a royal. Holding the shop door open for Krysta, Cleo entered first and, with a courteous wave and a smile, stole the craftsman's attention away from the gown. "Hi! We each have our materials, as requested."

After sparing a glance at each player, Richard seemed satisfied. "Hm. Well, we must get started at once!" With all of the bravado in Aincrad, he leads Krysta and Cleo through the back of the room and into a workshop set up with two tables and the tools necessary to tailor to one's satisfaction. Taking a moment to prepare a demonstration, he gathers a few sheets of white cloth and a needle before instructing the players to his side. "Now, observe..."

Proving his mastery, Richard fashioned the fabric into a beautiful gown, a twinkle in his eye as he raised the dress high to show it off to the hopeful tailors. "And that, my friends, is peak tailoring. You'll find everything you need at your workstations to create your pieces of art. Not that they will be anywhere near as perfect as this, but I digress. Go now." He shooed the two away and inspected his piece more closely, occasionally keeping an eye on two players.

"He's a little intense, isn't he?" Cleo whispered to Krysta. After inspecting her crafting station, she retrieved the materials from her inventory, picked up a needle, and paused in thought. "Now, what to make. Hm..."

ID: 205664 | CD: 8 (Fail)
ID: 205665 | CD: 8 (Fail)
ID: 205666 | CD: 10 (Success - Uncommon Quality)

Some time later, she hoist a small light blue beanie from the table with a satisfied look in her eyes, and held it out toward Krysta. "Alright. For having never touched a sewing machine, let alone a sewing needle, whad'ya think?"

@Krysta

Spoiler

Item Name: Light Blue Beanie
Item Tier: 1
Item Type: Cloth Armor
Item Rarity: Uncommon
Item Enhancements: Evasion 1
Craft ID & Roll: 205666, CD: 10
Item Description: A light blue woolen beanie with a fluffy pom-pom sewn on top.

Edited by Them

Once she reached the safe zone, Krysta took a quick moment to exchange the tusk she'd obtained for a much more usable fabric. Once that was taken care of, the two players made their way back to the NPC's shop. Cleo opened the door and held it open for Krysta. "Ah, thank you." Krysta said with a smile to the player for her act of kindness. The NPC, Richard Textillion, was behind the counter, tending to a wondrous gown, green in color. Krysta somehow found herself staring, and she was also fairly tempted to ask the NPC if he had such a dress within his stock that was white in color, but Krysta remembered why she was here, to learn how to form enhanced equipment that only tailors could make.

Cleo announced to the NPC that both players had accomplished their tasks in gathering. Richard would lead the two players over to the back, where there were two workstations set up within. The NPC would demonstrate the process, which Krysta was fairly aware of. What came out was quite the stunning piece, and also happened to be a gown which was white in color. Oh, goodness....

The NPC gestured for the two players to head over to their designated workstations which he'd provided for the Quest. Cleo whispered to Krysta that the NPC seemed rather intense. "It would seem so, but I must admit, his skill is quite admirable." Krysta responded as she sat down at her workstation. Krysta would pull out a material she was used to working with...

ID# 205731 CD: 10(Success, Crafted Uncommon T1 Clothing)

The result was a fair success. Krysta now held up the white cloak she'd made as to take a better look at it. Cleo soon asked Krysta about the beanie she'd made. "Why, it looks very nice, good work!" Krysta complimented. "May I ask what you think of this here?" She asked Cleo.

After whatever answer would be given, the NPC would return to see how the players have managed. He looked to both players and their work. "Hmm...not bad, not bad at all! You didn't even take nearly as long as expected, either of you. Might I add, that among the more recent people who have come to me asking to become tailors, that you two just so happen to be among the most competent?" He remarked. He proceeded to clap one hand on the shoulder of each player simultaneously. "Such promising work, both of you. Keep practicing, and you may just be as good as me one day!" He declared. "Now then, that's about all I can teach you. Good luck out there!"

@Them

Edited by Krysta

Asked what she thought of the white cloak, Cleo leaned in to admire the piece, her eyes traveling across the fabric. She nodded subtly. "Nice job. Simple, yet effective. Who knew we were naturals?" She made a giddy smile and turned away to focus on her little blue beanie once more, shaving off some excess wool from the pom-pom on top to fix it up a little.

With Textillion's blessing, Cleo waited in anticipation for the quest rewards screen, and, momentarily after, it appeared. "Yes!" She turned, lifting a hand toward Krysta for a high-five. "So, that's it? Guess we're tailors now." Her comment gained a quiet laugh from Textillion before he wandered off into the main room to attend to yet another hopeful amateur. Having enjoyed the experience, their mishap with the boar aside, Cleo herself felt glum that the quest had come to an end. Hoping to have gained a friend, she opened her friend's list and awaited the Player's permission, looking to Krysta. "Thank you for today. Also, now that we're like rival professionals or something, we just have to keep in touch. If that's alright with you?"

@Krysta

Edited by Them

Cleo remarked that the two players seemed to be naturals at this profession. This was a game, so there was a chance that the system had simplified the process. Not only that, but Krysta had experience from her past, she had made garments before, though there were often simple yet elegant. Extravagant apparel was something Krysta had yet to tackle in terms of tailoring...but maybe the sight of those undeniably lovely gowns during the demonstration might be enough to encourage the young noble to expand the horizons of her new profession.

Cleo brought her hand towards Krysta for a high five, and Krysta would position her hand to receive it. Her next question would earn a small laugh from the NPC before he returned to the counter back within the store. Krysta's smile remained. This task was completed, and now she could create enhanced apparel at long last...though it was likely to be some time before she could create something within her level. Perhaps she could start with assisting new players?

Krysta then noticed a Friend Request appear in front of her. At first, Krysta was confused as to who the sender was, then she broke into a smile and suppressed a chuckle at the realization that the name Cleo gave was her actual name and not her username...not that Krysta minded, of course. "Certainly." Krysta answered, pressing Accept on the Friend Request prompt. "It was a pleasure meeting you, and if you need my help again, or simply need a companion to tag along on your exploits, feel free to send me a message."

Thread Summary:

Word Count: 6909

Exp. Value: 1151*Tier

Krysta(T6):
7206 EXP(Thread Progression[6906], Quest Clear[300])
3200 Col(Thread Progression[200], Combat Loot[1920], Paragon 5 Bonus[1080])
5 Materials
White Cloak(LD 1)-Crafted in Quest
<<Tailor>> Profession

Them(T1):
1451 EXP(Thread Progression[1151], Quest Clear[300])
200 Col
5 Materials
Light Blue Beanie(EVA 1)-Crafted in Quest
<<Tailor>> Profession