[PP-F24] Memories of Sunshine and better days (Jacob's Ladder and Guests)

"Crozeph," Snow repeated with a smile. "Pleasure to meet you formally."

She watched him take her plate of food and begin to eat. It was nice to see the boy eat something more refined than a raw potato. After his comment of stew, she thought perhaps that was his reasoning for trying to eat the root vegetable.

"Baldur is a very wise man," Snow continued, returning to her food preparation. "He has much to teach and there is plenty to learn. For someone close to our age, it is hard to believe he can have so much to part with."

Her hands busied with the last of the fish they had available. She looked down to what she had completed and it would feed maybe one or two. Her face pouted and she looked around for other options. Sure they could have rice and miso, but where was the flavor in that?

"Hmm... I could do a cabbage salad? No... Maybe some katsu but that takes a bit and is a little too heavy for the morning... Hmm..."

As she pondered, footsteps rang out down the hall. Perhaps it was @Hirru again with a fresh catch from his morning pond-side ventures?

@Crozeph

Walking (probably with @Baldur) towards the main kitchen, the sounds of another familiar voice would come to him.  If the hunter remembered right, that was the sound of the gourmet of the guild.  Stepping through the threshold, he saw that it was true.  The black haired personification of gluttony himself, Crozeph, was already raiding their food stores once more.  Hirru sighed as looked over to Snow whom seemed to be cooking up some breakfast.  He was glad to always have a smiling face, even if they are not that familiar to him yet.

"Morning, Snow!  Don't indulge that one too much now.  He'll eat us out of house and home."

Hirru joked with a slight grin, while pointed over to @Crozeph.  Walking over to the kitchen counter, Hirru would place the two fish he had caught.  It wasn't much, but it would help feed a couple more of them.  Especially if Calrex and Crozeph were here.

"Not much biting in the dojo ponds, Snow.  Gonna head up to the garden side, see if the fish have reset over there."

Fishing was a constant cycle of allowing the environment to flourish once more.  One could not constantly fish up the same spot too much, without having drastic issues in overfishing happen.  Of course, the game system keeps that in a constant resetting cycle of roughly 8 hours.  With the abundance of pools and ponds in the estate, Hirru has a large amount of resources to pull through, but they are small and run out quickly.  So, he usually only fishes through a few set ones before heading out on a dungeon hunt or two.

Baldur had been at a loss for words when Hirru had asked him if there were people at the raid other than their group of raiders, the people he described being unfamiliar to him. What could this mean? He knew of his friends memory issues, perhaps something was leaking through? How should he answer that? The gaijin samurai had opened his mouth, unsure of what to say or how to comfort his friend, when the man seemed to get embarrassed as the silence stretched a moment longer, and ushered them on.

Should I have said something? What does this mean? Who could they be? How much should I pry?

Perhaps they should go fishing sometime together and chat about it. Perhaps, just the two of them, his old friend would open up more to him.

"It smells delicious Snow! Why don't we all take some of it once you've finished cooking and eat out in the gardens this morning? I think I saw @Calrex had just finished practicing as well. I'm sure he's hungry too."

He gave a wry smile to Crow, who undoubtedly had been trying to sneak some of Snow's food out of the kitchen before it was done.

"Crow, would you join us too? I'm assuming you haven't eaten your fill yet." The gaijin smirked, knowing that such a thing could never occur.

Baldur clasped a hand on Hirru's shoulders, "I don't know how we'd get on without the two of you. Crow would undoubtedly eat me out of house and home, not that Cal-kun hasn't been known to eat an entire feast himself when he gets hungry."

The faint sound of metal lightly clinking against metal could be heard just outside of the kitchen, as if on perfect cue, the bluenette appeared in the doorway, casually raising a hand to wave to the people present. His simulated sense of smell picked up on the delicious scents being produced from the cooking within, giving him both an idea that people would be gathered here, and that it might be soon to settle down with the rest of the guild members for a meal, "Seems like this is the place to be, heh. Looks like we've got another bountiful meal tonight. Did you guys need any help with getting things set up?"

stepping into the interior of the kitchen the bluenette shuffled over to the side to make sure he wasn't blocking any walkways for navigating around the work area. From the past, he had seen both Cordelia and Snow turn into blurs of movement when preparing the many tasty delicacies he and the others had come to know. It was a particular sight to watch, but most of the time he decided to remain outside or in a different part of the estate as to not impede their work.

Seeing everyone starting to come in to the kitchen, the hunter was reminded of the glory days of the Knights of the Blood Oath.  Grave making food for everyone in his café, especially for the ever hungry Chewie, as all the blacksmiths of the guild would come down to eat their fill.  Hirru really had to think back on it, and there were far too many of Blacksmiths in the guild.  Of course, there was Opal and Mack's constant pranks using Opal's or Petra's potions that would paint someone purple for an hour, or make sounds follow them for a time.  Although they kept everything rather strict, that was how the Commander wanted the Vice Commanders to keep everyone on task.  They were all a well oiled machine, and as long as everyone was doing their part, then the machine was running fine.  These times were always his favorite to remember, at least, until everything started to crumble apart.

'Heh.. guess we got rusty..'

Hirru couldn't ever see that in this group.  They were all too lively and uncoordinated, until the time when it actually counts.  Though, that is where they shine the most.  They all don't need that constant authority to tell them what needs to be done.  Everyone already mostly knows what they're here for.  Baldur does his part to keep the guild down a specific path, though, as it was going, he was looking to be the only one left to do so.  Though, that may be all that is needed, as everyone confides in, and refines the advice given by their eldest member.  Hirru smiled a bit at this before looking to head out, when Calrex came through the door.  One of the strongest players that he knew within game, and a large cornerstone in some of the most influential guilds back when. 

"Hey Cal!"

He would move to the door, as everyone was mostly here making the kitchen rather crowded.  There were a few members that were not in the estate today, which Hirru figured as their homes lay elsewhere.  Looking back to Snow and Baldur, he would wave to them all.

"I'm heading over now.  I'll meet you guys there, if we're eating breakfast in the gardens."

Summary

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12pO4WTg7AZx6cQVrBPa_mbfOuj43s0pd21ReCF_f0-8/edit?usp=sharing

Word count = 14220 / 10 = 1422
Group Factor = 5 (0.5 exp)
Col = 400 col

Name Tier Exp Col | Mats
Baldur 9 6399 100 
Snow 3 2133 100
Hirru 9 6399 100 | 2
Crozeph 8 5688 100
Calrex 10 None (2/3 posts) None

Edited by Hirru