[F9-PP] Hunting the Three Headed Beast <Guardian of Fire>

Unbearably hot. That was the word that Rebekah had described the 9th floor to anyone who had asked her. And this was where she could be found this morning, walking through the streets of Yogan Village, the main settlement in an effort to find out more about the quest and the legendary beast Cerberus. Luckily, Rebekah had spent some time trekking in the desert many years ago, and earned the survival skill. This was making the floor slightly better as she would not have to worry about the heat burning her inside the Cave.

The unfortunately thing was Rebekah learned she had went to the wrong city, and had to trek her way through the mountains to reach Knorilt Village. This was a long walk for her, as she decided she wanted to enjoy the natural scenery instead of using a teleportation gate. That was a bad decision, Rebekah was drenched in sweat from the sweltering heat. As soon as she arrived, Rebekah realized she need help. She had already been worn out by this walk, so she was going to ask for help from the guild. She needed someone who she can trust to go with her on this journey. This would also give her the perfect opportunity to recover indoors inside the village while waiting for help to arrive. She desperately need a cold drink to cool her off, so she went to a cafe to find something to buy. Rebekah quickly open her HUD and sent a message while waiting for a drink.

To Kiluia Seiko
From Rebekah

I would like your help on the 9th floor to fight Cerberus. I am at Knorilt Village talking to a NPC.

After Rebekah bought a cold drink, she decided to wait indoors. Luckily, she found the injured broker who could tell her more about the beast that she was going to defeat. Thankfully, the heat was not as bad inside. She continued talking to the NPC while inside. Rebekah asked "Can you tell me more about the location of Cerberus?"

Spoiler

Rebekah
Level 32 | P  6 | HP 660/660 | EN 84/84 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 1 | LD: 4
BH 35 | Survival +10% | Anti-freeze | EN -2

Equipment:

Laevateinn II (T4 RAPIER) 3 [DMG]
 Silver Necklace (T4 Trinket) 3 [ACC]
Unbroken (T4 Shield) 2 [MIT] [Anti-freeze]

Skills:
Weapon Skill (R5) | 7 [DMG]
Battle Healing (R5) | 5% (32 HP)
Searching (R4) | 4 [LD] 4 [SD]

Combat Masteries:
Evasion (R1) | 1 [EVA]

Add-ons:
Ferocity | 2 [DMG]
Precision | 1 [ACC]
Stamina | 2 [EN]

Extra:
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Profession:
Forager (R1)  - 9/49 EXP

Items:
N/A

Guild:
Trading Hall
Treasury | + 5% mobs + 10% treasure chest

Laurel Wreath - Earn 15% Bonus Col equivalent to Rebekah's EXP earned in Thread

Ping. Ping.

The alert notification went off as he lounged around at home. Having avoided his guildmates for some time, the alarm was from someone within the guild but he didn’t recognize them as a member. It was indeed a mystery at first until he read the message. He had a couple unopened ones but he noticed it was from someone he hadn’t spoken to in quite some time. When he was a rookie to say the least. Having sat up from his bed, he opened up the chat and started typing a message to her.

To: Rebekah

Been awhile. Sure, I suppose. I’ll meet you where the broker is.

He had heard of the quest and all the details previously but never actually completed it. With a few motions of a button, he was fully dressed in his get up and he tightened the straps on his hands. Pingu was asleep on the floor as usual so he decided it was a good time for him not to bring the penguin this time. He stepped out of the house and was already on his way to the teleport gate. It wasn’t going to be a pleasant time as he disliked the heat. A bright light soon engulfed him and he was off to floor 9.

The heat struck him immediately as he entered the city. He sighed slightly and wondered who would make such a place. The devil? Body moved slowly through the area as he sought out his guildmate. The survival skill would work quite well as he passed through the surroundings only to catch a glimpse of Rebekah. She was still the same. He spoke to her as she seemed to be interrogating the broker. “Hey. Nice seein ya again”, he spoke to her as he neared her.

Spoiler

Kiluia, The White Lightning | HP: 760/760 | EN: 90/90 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | BH: 38 | LD: 3 | AA | BLD: 48 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 4
Signature Export
Kiluia, The White Lightning,
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 24
HP: 760/760
EN: 90/90

Stats:
Damage: 20
Mitigation: 78
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 4
Battle Healing: 38
Loot Dice: 3
AA
BLD: 48
KEEN: 1
REC: 4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ra's Destructive Wrath (T4 Perfect MA | Keen, Bld 1 | AA)
Armor: Osiris's Shade (T4 Perfect LA | MIT 2 | EVA 1)
Misc: Eye of Rain - Rose (T4 Perfect | ACC 2 | REC 1)

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Light Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Charge
Searching R3

Active Mods:

Inactive Mods:
Meticulous

Addons:
Stamina
Focus
Precision
Resolve

Active Extra Skills:

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
ITEM x1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Basic Training: +5% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Tactical Advantage: If guild members held a completed Boss Meeting thread, participants receive +1 ACC for the first two turns in combat against a Floor, Event, or Field Boss. Limit one use per thread.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

It was at this moment when Kiluia had shown up with his distinctive white hair. He had looked the same after all these years. "Nice to see you again. I think, it was seven years ago, the last time I saw you?" Rebekah remembered meeting Kiluia but it must have been a Christmas party or a social event held by one of the other players. "Nowadays, you are now a provisional captain in the guild."

Rebekah sent him a party invite request, and began to continue getting the necessary dialogue out of the injured information broker for the quest to move on. After a few more minutes of talking, they reached the point where it was time for her to accept the request. "How hot is the Inferno Cavern?" Rebekah asked.

The broker responded, "It is hot enough that you may begin to lose health if you are in there too long." She asked one last time, "So how many hellhounds do we have to face again?"

"Okay, so six hellhounds and a three head dog." Rebekah confirmed. The NPC nodded his head. It was not that bad, it seems like they should be able to complete the quest in a relative fast time Rebekah had finished her drink, and decided to pack another few bottles of cold drink in her inventory. She will need it today to keep cool once she entered the cave.

Rebekah turned to Kiluia, "Are you ready to head out, or do you also need to stock up on some cold drinks or water to keep you hydrated?" The cave was not that far but this was the only town on route, so it was the last call to pick up anything before making the hike to the cave.

She had been knowledgeable about him within the guild as he stood beside her for a moment. A slight smile crossed his face as the word Christmas party when they first met was mentioned. “It’s been quite some time since then. I wasn’t sure you would remember me. Quite frankly, if you aged, I think we wouldn’t of known about each other had we progressed. Yet here we are.” He looked her up and down. She looked exactly the same since they last met which would make it unnerving but he was also in the same predicament.

Ding.

The party noise popped up in front of him and with a quick motion, he swiped and accepted the request quickly to be a party member. “It’s just a fancy title for me to find things for the guild. I like to support them behind the scenes with materials and then go out to the front lines and knock some heads open.” He would smile slightly. It was a soft one but a smile none the less. “Seems you enjoy assault. I think I saw your name added recently.”

When they finished their small conversation, he listened to her conversation with the info broker. It was already hot enough and he was glad to have gotten that skill previously or he would be out of luck with the heat. With their list of enemies, he ingrained them in his mind making sure to ideally make a plan to counter. It wouldn’t be too hard but he always knew things could go wrong since Raidou always had a backup plan. He didn’t bring much as he expected this to be shorter. He would be better prepared for the next bout though.

Hand raised as he shook his head a bit motioning he was fine. “I’ll make sure to be ready for the next quest. I already questioned those people who completed this and it wasn’t too bad. I prefer to do research prior and then listen making sure there aren’t any inconsistencies.” He walked with her casually to their destination. “How have you been these past few years? I haven’t seen you in quite a bit so maybe we should catch up in the meantime.”

"I was not sure if people can easily remember me, but your hair is very distinct. Not many players I know have white hair." Rebekah said.

Rebekah had also asked around about this quest. It was the second quest that she was concerned with, the first quest was not too difficult per say. "You are correct, I did choose to join the assault team after listening to Freyd explain the different roles." She continued. "My plan is to eventually make my way back to the frontlines. However, I do plan on continuing to craft on the side. I would like to hit level 10 in my profession while cooking part-time."

As they began walking towards to the Inferno Cavern on the harsh landscape, Rebekah responded, "I have done well over the years. Thank you for asking. I spent my time away relaxing between the beaches on floor 24, the lake on floor 22 or playing in the snow on floor 4. After a seven year break from the frontlines, life got a little too boring. Therefore, I decided to come back to help in any way I could."

She paused before continuing, "A lot has changed over time. I fallen behind the top players in terms of levels and experience. So, I have already spent a month trying to catch back up so I am strong enough to survive the difficult boss raids. How have you been in the past several years?"