[F22-PP] Judge and Jury

"No, plain and simple no." Taking a deep breath as he puts fingers on the bridge of his nose. Opening those large metal doors with his other hand, "Okay, let me put it this way. By haperstance that we do find this dude, what are you going to do, say. You are going to take one look at this guy and instantly want to kill him." Turning back to Kodo. He knew revenge, how it burned in every bone, every thought. At first it was all he wanted to do when the field became a possibility again. "You are what level 4 now, 5. What if you get to this guy and he has people on his side, became a ruthless man just because he could." Kodo was saying nothing an it pissed Lium off. Grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, "Kodo, it has been years. While you were sitting there mourning your dead sister, he was most likely leveling a shit ton. Something like this is never that easy, you can't just go into something think that it is going to go your way because honestly 9 times out of 10 it doesn't." Taking a seat at one of the chairs. Quickly opening his HUD sending a message, Liums finger moved so fast. He was starting to get the mechanics of this game.

To: Freyd

Guild Hall please, this kid is driving me nuts. I need you to make a final say, he will not listen to me.

-POP- Taking a drink of that water wishing that he could be having something stronger right about now. Maybe Freyd could get it through Kodo's thick skull.

Spoiler

Lium,
Level: 15
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 300/300
EN: 48/48

Stats:
Damage: 17
Mitigation: 12
Accuracy: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon:
Armor:
Misc:

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Cloth Armor R3

Active Mods:
Athletics

Addons:
Ferocity
Precision

Battle Ready Inventory:
3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x1

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Edited by Lium

Freyd happened to enter the guild hall kitchen at precisely the moment that Lium sent his message.  Who knew that one little black book could contain so much information?  It was like someone had hacked the code and fit an extra ten thousand pages behind the original fifty, each filled to overflowing with notes six-point font.  The margins had margins.  And how on Earth had he written so far into the central fold that Freyd's eyes couldn't even reach the words?  

Fingers already pinching the bridge of his nose, something pinged and made him look up, only to see Kodo and Lium already standing there.  The latter's hand was still poised for typing.  The ping self-explained.  A sigh released as the brow over his right eye vanished beneath the lip of the cowl over his head. 

The heel of his boot made no sound as he stepped fully into the room and twisted the nearest chair around so that the back faced forward.  Nothing was ever as it should be with the Whisper.  His seat take and elbows planted on the table, he relaxed and leaned onto long, interlaced fingers, waiting for a tale.

"Okay.  Spill it.  What's going on?  And it better end with a sandwich on a plate in front of me."

Freyd | HP: 1120/1120 | EN: 146/146 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 7 | BH: 61 | LD: 5 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | REC: 8

Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (6/6) - consumes 1 portion, because always (also, filled)

Full Stats:

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadow
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 110
HP: 1120/1120
EN: 146/146

Stats:
Damage: 24
Mitigation: 78
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 7
Battle Healing: 61
Loot Dice: 5
FLN: 16
HLY: 16
REC: 8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T4 MA | HLY 2 | FLN 2)
Armor: Fallen Angel Garb (T4 LA | Mit 2 | Rec 2)
Misc: Fight O'er Flight (T4 Trinket - ACC 2 | EVA 2)

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Battle Healing R5
Light Armor R5
Searching R4
Charge
Energist
Quick Change
Extended Mod Limit

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking
Meticulous
Untraceable
Vanish
Surprise Attack (Assassin)

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Precision
Resolve
Reveal
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Survival
Forgotten King’s Authority
Hiding R5

Inactive Extra Skills:
Meditation
Brawler
Photosynthesize

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Crystal of Divine Light (Reusable) x1
Rhino's Horn (Reusable) x1
Hmr.Pk: The Thing Behind All Lies (T4 Demonic WH, AA, Blight, Static, Para.Ven (Off)) x1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Lium slams the bottles on the table before walking to the kitchen, Kodo would follow. "I do not see why just confronting this man is a problem. I just want to know why he did it and if he regrets it." Lium sets some cheese on the counter and notions Kodo to start cutting. Kodo takes the knife and slices fine and even slices. An extra piece was made, Kodo takes it in his grasp and starts to eat it, tearing off tiny pieces. "I do not see why it is such an issue, I want to look into his eyes and know that he feels bad for what he did. This may be a game, but they are still people. They still have feeling and I want to know what he was thinking right before the sword went through Kaylee." Taking one of those plates, Lium had made 3 sandwiches. It was clear they did it without realizing it. Even with this weird heated conversation, they were completely in sync with one another. 

Sitting in one of the chairs with his food, his eyes look to Freyd. "I just want to confront him. Why is this such a big deal to everyone? I simply do not understand." It was true, in Kodo's head the way it worked, it was a simple equation. Go, ask, leave. It was clear that Kodo wasn't seeing the full picture, was blind by only one outcome of many that were not seen. To Kodo it was the normal and obvious option. Taking a bite of his food now waiting for the conversation to progress...

Spoiler

Kodo,
Level: 6
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 120/120
EN: 30/30

Stats:
Damage: 9
HLY: 2
P.V.O

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dreams of the Sublime +2 | T1 Perfect 1hCS | DMG, Holy, Para Ven. (Off)
Armor:
Misc:

Skills:
Curved Sword R5

Battle Ready Inventory:
3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x1

"Kodo that is precisely the very problem here. You do not understand." Setting a plate in front of Freyd, before he realized what he had just done. It didn't click until just now that he instinctually made the food. Shrugging it off for now, as he sits across from Freyd. "God only knows if that boy joined that orange group, the name is not coming to me..." A slight pause to glance at Freyd. Lium knew that name well, he just didn't want to give Kodo any bright idea's. "Kodo even if you just want to go and confront him, you will get there and all that anger that has built up for these last 3 years of veggie state will come rushing right back to you in that moment." Glancing back to Kodo who was just shaking his head.  "OMG Kodo," saying with his mouth full, swallowing before continuing, "If you go through with this you will die. There was a reason why I had to stop my heart felt mission. It was getting to dangerous." They just sit there in silence for a moment eating.

"Freyd am I stupid, or just not saying the right things because I really don't feel like this is a good idea by any means..." Lium had an irritated look painted on his face. He couldn't even look at Kodo right now...

Freyd seemed to tune out as Lium spoke.  Maybe it was him?  Or, maybe it was the glaring orange irony bulb spinning over the man's head.  Time slowed as he processed all of the available data, then sped up again as he reverted back to Kodo's original question, having blended in Lium's thoughts with his own.

"Because not everyone's clockwork is tuned to the same settings, or even time zones.  And don't even get me started on that daylight savings bullshit."  An equally angry grab and vicious chomp fatally wounded the offending deli delight.  It would never recover.  Freyd, meanwhile, had chosen to take a different tact and decided to fight single-minded outrage and with a more absurd variety.  "Some people are still rocking the analog, just wound up so tight that they've forgotten how to move forward."

Another bite to let the point sink in.

"What if there is no reason?  What if they simply don't reply?  What if all they do is stab you in the face?  How will any of this help Kaylee?  Or you?"

One final bite and the meal was gone.

"What kind of clock do you want to be, Kodo?  The type that leads to the future, or one doomed to repeat the past?  Also, thank you both for the chow."

"Those hands moving forever forward. They will eventually stop, it already has for some people in this place." Taking that last bite, he could see that Lium was getting pissed off and confused as all get up. "What does it matter if time stops now or years from now. It has been 4 long, painful years for probably most of the people here." Kodo's brain started calculating other possibilities. "We are barely a fourth of the way through this hell and it might be another 14 years before we get zapped back out." Kodo shift in his seat and glances to Lium then to Freyd. "If we get out of here, who is to say that were are not going to be brain dead, we have been in a vegetated state for this long and even longer to come." Something started to click in has he was speaking about this. 

His eyes would narrow to the floor as he started thinking about what he had just said. "What if time has already stopped for most of us here and it's the systems hooked to our brain that is keeping us alive..." The thought was horrifying to think about. "This may be the only life that we have left..." Kodo gets to his feet and walks to the kitchen with his dish. "Why does that jerk get to control who lives and dies like that. To clear a population that HE thinks is far too many," he says from the other room. Taking a deep breath, standing in the doorway, leaning against the frame. "Why does this guy get to control our fate." Crossing his arms against his chest now as his eyes lock to Freyd like he had all the answers, sure he did not though.

Edited by Kodo

"That's quitter talk.  We're already dead.  Better to assume that and move on."

A coffee carafe spawned into existence with a quartet of cups.  Freyd poured himself a cup, its acrid scent offset by wafting hints of vanilla.  Offering some to his table mates, he listened as Kodo pressed through the metaphor to get at the heart of his struggle.

"We don't even know what time means in here, compared to the outside.  Everything we cling to is an assumption.  The clock itself does not even exist.  It's all an illusion, and might as well be treated as one."

A sip, then dose of sympathy applied.

"Maybe Kayaba can control every aspect, or maybe he can't.  Maybe God exists, or maybe he doesn't.  Maybe our fates are pre-determined, or maybe it's just some blissfully terrifying construct we concocted to scare ourselves, control others, or absolve ourselves of responsibility.  None of that matters, because it all depends on your choice of perspective.  Only two things truly matter in here."

A pair of void-wrapped fingers rose in stark contrast to the porcelain white also held within their grasp.

"First, what does it make you if you choose the same path you're railing against.  Second, what would Kaylee think of you if you did."

A small breath as he remembers a quote from his sister. One that Kaylee would always say when hard times were at its finest point. "Man proposes; God disposes'? First you do your best, and then fate will decide how it turns out..." Kodo's eyes narrow to the floor. "Something my sister always told me when things got rough." That overwhelming feeling was back, he hated it so much. "I want closure I just don't know how to get it." Turning a bit, pushing his back against the wall. Sliding down to the ground, "Kaylee was everything I was not. My rock, my heart, my world... I don't know how to live without her..." Gripping a chain around his neck. Something that was made before that day. "Being strong was always her thing. People got in my face, she was there turning them away. Kaylee was the definition of perfect, the ideal that I was never able to amount to." Gripping that chain tighter, closing his eyes. "How can I just move on from that. To be my best self when I don't even know who or what that is..." Kodo says in a small voice.  

Freyd sipped silently at his tea, watching Kodo out of the corner of his eyes and trying to puzzle his way through the problem.  Scenarios played out behind his mind: logical arguments and philosophical reasonings.  Glancing over at Lium, he took a deep breath and simply tossed them all aside.

"It's okay not to know."

Porcelain clinked against porcelain as his cup returned to base.

"As much I regret having to point is out, your sister is gone.  You know this, and it sounds like it has been more than a while.  You need a new rock to cling to, or else to become a rock yourself.  Firm Anima is good for that sort of thing - by which I mean offering you the means to choose either option.  But you can find it anywhere, if that's your preference."

Leaning back into his chair Freyd surveyed the man where he lay crumpled up against the floor.

"No one know who or what their best self is.  That's the whole point of getting up in the morning: to try and find out.  Lium and I are both still trying to figure it out for ourselves.  We're just farther along in the journey.  But it still has to start somewhere, and the first few steps are the hardest.  You don't have to be Kaylee.  But you owe it to her to get your ass off the ground, pick a direction, and start walking.  Whatever happens, happens."

Feeling a bit sorry for the boy, but it was not what he needed. To have pity for him... How could he, just months prior he was in the exact same spot. "Freyd is right, I am still trying to figure it out and it has not been easy in the slightest." Getting up from his chair, Lium was just listening as they spoke and some things had come to light that was not thought about in a while.

"When they first found me, I was so pissed. Angry at the world for what had happened to me and my friends. All I wanted was revenge, every moment of the day, it was all I thought about." Lium walks to Kodo and leans against the door frame crossing her arms against his chest. "I lost the woman of my dreams because of these creeps." Kicking Kodo's leg softly with a smile. "That guy gave me a reason to keep on my feet. Firm Anima gave me a purpose, something to focus on. Staying stuck on something that you couldn't possibly change is only going to make you crazy." Lium right then holds out a hand to Kodo, "We can give you that support system if you allow us to. You can trust us Kodo, you owe it to Kaylee to at least try, don't you?"

Your sister is gone.  You know this...

"I know this, but..." trying to say as he clings to that necklace tighter.

You need a new rock to cling to, or else to become a rock yourself...

"Damn it..." Freyd was right, but it wasn't going to be that easy. -Hi, I'm Kodo, be my rock please- Like anything actually happened like that.

You owe it to her to get your ass off the ground, pick a direction, and start walking.  Whatever happens, happens...

Kodo had spent so much time in this game sitting with only his brain in motion. He knew that he had to get up and start somewhere. There was just so many things that had to be done now. Kodo gives out a small grown. Shaking his head, before looking to Lium as he shared a short story.

You owe it to Kaylee to at least try, don't you?

So no anger, sorrow, revenge... How hard could it be to not feel anything... In high school it was all he did, it came to a point that he just stopped giving a damn about what people thought about him. Shut off his emotions because it was simply a distraction to what Kodo was trying to accomplish. This game was supposed to be a break, but he couldn't even get that... Seeing Lium's hand, he takes it, lifting himself up to his feet. Opening his HUD, seeing Kaylee's name crossed out in the friends list. This only name in there, taking a deep breath as he presses delete on her name. "You guys want me to move on, okay." Closing out his HUD now glancing to the two. His voice was oddly plain sounding. "I do not know how I am suppose to feel, so I won't." No hesitation or emotion in those words, just completely serious. No nothing on his face as he says "I will do the only thing I know how to do. Focus without distractions." Kodo right then starts to walk toward the door. Lium grabs his arm softly, Kodo just looks down at his hand. "I am not your burden to bare. You need not worried about me." Glancing toward Freyd, "I have chosen, whatever happens, will happen." Lium slowly let his arm go and backs away. Kodo walks out the door. 

Edited by Kodo

Freyd watched the man move from one stage of grief to the next.  It was progress, albeit measured in baby steps.  Feeling nothing was natural progression on the reset from only feeling self-destructive. 

"Eventually, and gradually, we will need to help him course-correct from feeling nothing back towards feeling something.  Right now, all he can manage is anger and sorrow.  He needs to be numb for a while and then start to see in others what he has lost in himself.  We can help him, separately, but if we keep coming at him in pairs he will eventually come to resent us for pressuring him.  This will take time."

Downing the last of his tea, Freyd leaned forward, wrapping his arms around the back of the chair as he thought things through. 

"One of us should go after him, but we can't hound him.  He's going to break.  One of us just needs to be around when it happens to that no permanent harm comes to him."  Staring through the shadows in the bottom of his empty cup, Freyd followed Kodo's progress remotely.  "He'd heading towards the witch's tower.  You might want to catch up to him and steer him clear.  I'll cut ahead and thin the herd, just in case."

"Hmm, I must of missed that stage. I just remember anger, revenge, sadness then well... Celeste." Lium chuckles a bit. "Which stage would Celeste be?" Glancing toward the door with a finger on his chin. He honestly didn't know. "Anyway, yeah, that is a good idea. Freya would kill us both if she found out anything happened to the kid." Starting to make his way toward that door, putting a hand on the nob, thinking about Freyd's last conversation a while back... "Hey Freyd," his head turns to meet Freyd, "My icon might be dangerous in most ways, but I can promise there is nothing more to it than doing something stupid for a girl that I might actually like more than a friend. It might become an asset down the road, though if I am careful." A smile toward the man before walking out. There was something there, and even if Cel didn't think the same way, it was just nice to be happy again.

-The witch, where is the witch...- "Oh, yeah, this way." Liums feet start to move forward and after a little bit of time the yellow mist started to become heavy. God, he wished that he had tracking right about now. Squinting his eyes through the mist trying so hard to see him, anything... "Shit, shit, shit..." Lium starts to run through, he knew that that tower was just beyond this gas. A sharp exhale, running... Hoping that he could find Kodo in time. Flapping of wings could be heard in the distance. "Damn it," saying in a low voice as he slides to a stop. Eyes darted around and finally he sees movement in the a small jaunt away. Lium runs and tackles the dude, they both crash to the ground as Lium pushes a finger against his lips to hush the man. Lium points to the tower just ahead of them, then points up at the monkey's circling the building. Lium gets up and helps the boy up. Lium practically drags Kodo back through the mist until they was standing back at the guild hall.

"What the hell were you thinking. The gate is that way, you were just about to walk into a shit show that would have most certainly killed you." Lium narrows his eyes to the ground. Kodo eyes veer away from Liums gaze. Grabbing both sides of Kodo's head to force the gaze back. "You can resent me all you want, but I will not let you die because you think it is the best option. There are people amongst the living that care about you. Freyd me and even Freya. You are not a burden that we have to bare, you are simply a friend in need. You are not some mistake as much as you want to believe." Mentioning his sister was not going to help anything, it just seemed to make things worse. Kodo's face was blank as he started back. "We are not leaving you alone, simply because too many people have died already. You will not be allowed to join that body count." Holding his grip as his eyes move back and forth within Kodo's.  

That blank stare held, Kodo grabs Liums hands pushing them away. Kodo backs away from Lium now. "You guys wanted this, you should be happy." Another step backwards, "You still don't get it. You can't help me. No one can..." He turns and starts walking, he could feel Lium following him. "My entire like it has been only my sister and I, and now it is just me." Kodo's voice was without emotion, as his feet continued to move forward. "You can't just walk into my life and expect that everything is going to go the way you want. Life doesn't work like that..." adjusting his cuff on his sleeve. "Just leave me be Lium. I am not worth your time." Next thing Lium knew, Kodo was walking into the main settlement of this floor. Looking back, Lium was standing a few feet from the entrance. "I will figure it out on my own," Kodo says before a few guards run past him toward the entrance. Seeing Lium run off from them, Kodo turns and starts to walk.

Thunder cracked in the distance, along with muted cries and monkey-squawks.  Bursts of light high in the air first seemed like fireworks, until the truth became more apparent.  They were mobs.  Dozens upon dozens of mobs, being smashed like confetti cakes all about the aerial perches of the witch's tower.  Feminine shrieks filled the air with outrage, but to no avail.  Freyd had promised to cull the hazard, and was living up to his word.  The witch would simply have to live with it, because he'd offer her no other choice.  If she pushed, she'd just join their ranks, in the last charge of the monkey brigade.  Spoilers: it's a tragedy.

Gradually, the War for the Planet of the Apes wound down.  The monkeys lost this particular round, and somewhere Charleston Heston's cold dead hands gave them all a thumbs up for a job well done.  Kodo would have his chance.  Freyd just hoped he didn't clue in too quickly to the fact that Lium couldn't follow him into town or quickly across floors.  That was the true bane of an orange crystal: no access to the portal network.  The kid didn't seem to have figured that out quite yet.

Catching himself on a tree, breathing hard, trying to catch his breath. Turning his head back, the guards were no longer chasing him. Lium reals his fist back, it glows as he punched the tree has hard as he possibly can. The tree began to timber from its roots. Lium was pissed now, turning toward that town Kodo walked into. "Damn it..." Quickly opening his HUD, sending a message to Freyd.

To:Freyd

I lost him, those damn guards came after me. Should I send Freya after him? He might need a break from us and a woman's touch. Kodo is a smart little shit. Practically waved bye bye with his eyes, just standing there in town while I got run off.

With the a chime of his HUD, the message was sent. Sitting down on the newly sided tree, staring at the town. Times like this Lium wished that he didn't have that icon above his head. He could properly help anyone. Putting his elbows on his knee's with his head in his hands. "My words have failed me, maybe it's only good with girls... No Sam left... I am a bad talker..." Giving a sigh as he waits for a message back...

A light chuckle as he read the message, feet dangling of a minaret's rooftop that used to house several dozen flying simians with ridiculous little circus outfits and hats.  He despised the hats most of all.  They made the mobs look like angry bellhops.  Lium was just beginning to realize the consequences of his actions.  There would be many more, but he would learn them all, painfully, over time.  It had been a personal choice, seemingly frivolously made.  The cowl just shook.  It wouldn't be an easy road, if he ever chose to try to redeem himself in the eyes of Cardinal.  Few were harsher in their judgements.

To: Freya
Copy: Lium

Kodo's run off.  Lium's town access privileges have been revoked by the local guards, and my presence may only aggravate Kodo's already precarious mental state.  He might need your touch.  Looks like he ran back to the Monument of Life.

With a sigh, Freyd leaned forward and glared at the witch, slung and hanging by her cape from an outrigger beam poking out from the tower's fascia, some fifty feet above the ground.

"Are you quite done with the screaming?  It looks like this won't be necessary after all.  Do keep your pets in check, and remember to spay and neuter them after every respawn."

The mob glared at him, wide-eyed with panic and confusion.

"Toodles."  He gave her a tiny, fingered wave.

A sudden chop snapped the outrigger in two and sent her plummeting to her death.  Freyd would be back at work before she hit the ground.

Leaning against the back of the monument after receiving a message from her BFF. Arms crossed over her chest as she waits. After a little bit of time, Freyja hears some foot falls on the other side. Staying silent, just listening. "Kaylee, I miss you..." Freyja's eyes narrow but stays where she was. "Why did you have to shield me, I don't know if I can do this without you." Freyja at this time hears a sniffle. Giving a sigh as she peers around let large stone. "We gotta stop meeting like this Kodo. I heard you made a slip from my friends. What seems to be the problem Kodo," taking a seat next to him on the rim. "You never came back, you promised." Kodo's eyes would turn to meet Freyja's eyes. Koko seemed like he was on the edge of something bad. "I knew that you were in good hands Kodo. Freyd is my very best friend and I trust him with my life, therefore I trust him with your's all the same." Taking his hand between the two of hers. "Kodo tell me what happened..." There was a weird bonded connection with Kodo, maybe because she spent all night with him crying on her shoulder. 

Spoiler

Freya,
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 52
HP: 840/840
EN: 122/122

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 20
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
Battle Healing: 46
Loot Dice: 6
AA
BLD: 48
PHASE
REC: 4
V.O.: 92

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Final Calamity - Remorse (T4/Demonic/2HBA): Absolute Accuracy, Vampiric Offensive 1, Bleed 1, Phase
Armor: Dark Embrace - Sacrifice (T4/Perfect/Light Armor): Evasion 2, Recovery 1
Misc: Ebon Band - Truth (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Axe R5
Cloth Armor R5
Charge
Energist
Searching R5
Battle Healing R5

Active Mods:
Athletics
Tracking
Night Vision

Addons:
Nimble
Stamina
Precision
Ferocity

Active Extra Skills:
Concentration
Survival

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal x1
Crystal of Divine Light [201986b] x1

Housing Buffs:
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Freya

"I just can't do what they want me to. My brain is hard wired to one thing and I can't just change that sequence in an instance." Pulling his hand away with a sigh. Wondering if Freyja was going to say the same thing they both did. "I wanted to confront that person that killed my sister, just to maybe talk or something, but they all keep telling me it's a bad idea and that it won't end how I want, but I feel like it is the only way that I can move forward." Combing his hair back with a hand.

Locking eyes with her again, "I actually wanted to talk to you. After what they had to say I just feel that you could understand what I am going through better." That was the point that he realized he felt comfortable around Freya. There was just something about her, something that he had seen in his sister. He wanted to trust someone, like the others had said, he had to start somewhere. Maybe Freya would be that start. Kodo didn't know much about her, but he wanted to. It was a weird earnest feeling that he had yet to find. Maybe feeling nothing wasn't the way to go, maybe he just had to let someone in to get a better view... Kodo was still confused about a lot of things and still didn't know how to feel but he didn't want to shut down like he'd done before. It didn't end well last time and it wouldn't this time either... Kodo's eyes narrow now. Giving a sigh, he waits to hear what Freya's thoughts were.

Edited by Kodo

"You have me all wrong," getting to her feet and turning toward the boy. "If you think for one second that I would condone what you want to do, you are highly mistaken." Eyeing the large slab. "I have slaughtered dozens of these types of people, all because they wanted one thing from me. Wanted me dead because I was too much of a risk for them." Tracing those names with a finger, the death markers and the dates of which the event took place. "I cannot tell you what to do, but I recommend that you find another way. That boy that you so desperately seek, most likely joined a guild that created a darkness within him. It is very hard to come back from that. I should know, I have been close to that edge." An almost glare toward Kodo, "You approach this man and you will not live to see another day. Any life that you would hope for will be gone in an instant." Taking a deep breath, remembering those days that she has put in the past.

"I will not tell you that you should live for your sister because sometimes that is never enough. You have to want to live for yourself, you have to want to be better than what you are before you take that even step forward." Freyja takes something from her pocket and tosses it in Kodo's lap. A medium flat rock, carving within it, saying: -Fate is on your side-. "This was something that I made a very long time ago, a reminder that everything happens for a reason. Me finding you here was a sign that must not be ignored." Freyja begins to walk away, the boy has been through enough. Slightly turning her head over her shoulder to look at him. "Kaylee had to die so that you could live, don't waste your second chance Kodo. You will always have Firm Anima behind you. Come to us when you figure your shit out and we will help you." Freyja begins to walk back toward town, knowing damn well that no one could convince this kid to do anything unless he wanted to do it. Only time would tell if that was the case.