[F20 - PP] Growth in the Garden | <<Nature's Treasure>>

Koga physically bit his own tongue at the mention of the last time he'd been at Eden with Nari. He'd thought, back then, that their small adventure here had been of some importance to her. Perhaps not a breakthrough moment, but at least movement in the right direction (crying into someone's chest and soaking their tee shirt tended to lend that impression to others). Of course, all of perhaps, a day or two later, Nari had decided to go against literally everything they'd just discussed. That thought alone made Koga toss another malevolent glare at the woman.

"Not much of a lead to follow, I'm afraid," Koga commented as he found himself a nice bench by the water's edge. Even though it was cold, the water didn't even have a thin layer of ice. The man wrapped his coat tight around himself before summoning his fishing rod, casting a line, and sitting down.

| 207503, CD nat6, +4Exp
    > Total Exp Gain: 4

Edited by Koga
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beckoning Jomei over, Nari smiled at the ginger-haired man. Motioning towards the dirt, she began pulling aside the leaves, gently digging in towards the roots of the plant. “There’s a method to it, a motion and mindset. I don’t know if you’ve picked up the foraging skill yet at all – but gathering works similar to it. Part of it is just…relaxing, understanding that the find won’t be immediate, that it takes time.”

Her voice fell silent as she continued working at the dirt, her eyes seemingly distant as she sunk into her work. It had been some time since she’d simply…sat and worked at the garden. When she did speak again, her voice sounded almost as disconnected as her eyes appeared. “Part of the success from foraging comes from simply…continuing. Not giving up at the first failure, but understanding that you are instead peeling back layers, and eventually you hit a layer that has exactly what you’re looking for.”

Suddenly her attention snapped back and she smiled at Jomei, holding up her empty hands. “See? This time I found nothing, but if I keep working, I’m sure that in time, I’ll find something of value. You’re not always going to be successful, but when you are…it’s kind of like life, isn’t it? The elation of the find?”

ID207508 | LD: 3 + 1 = 4 | CD: 2 + 1 = 2 | Failure

Spoiler

Word Count: 217

The ginger's brow furrowed as Nari began to explain the science behind the method of gathering. Bringing his arms up, he would cross them at his chest as he allowed the woman to talk, watching her as she dug through the dirt to try and find anything that she could use as a material. Koga, on the other hand, went off to the side of the nearby river to fish.. That was definitely a skill that seemed to be more up and coming more recently. 

"Just because I'm not the gathering type, doesn't mean I don't know how it works." he said with a small chuckle as he stepped over to a bed of small grass that surrounded the base of a tree. Lowering himself down to one knee, he began to sift through the grass with the backs of his hands gently, just a couple of blades at a time. "I'm not the most prominent crafter, but I've still needed materials for trading. So there's been plenty of time's I've gone out gathering like this... But a foraging skill, I may need to look into picking that up the next chance I get." 

"I appreciate the lesson though." he said with a smile, looking back over his shoulder towards her, as to show he took no offense by her trying to teach him what he already knew. 

ID 207529 | LD 10

Whilst Nari and Jomei discussed the finer points of gathering, Koga was, on the other hand, being distracted by another message notification. NIGHT, of course. Opening the message, Koga couldn't help narrow his eyes, scrutinizing the words carefully.

night 

with her still? why are
you two so buddy buddy

look shes just another
person w/ issues in aincrad
and its not like shes
special or anything but at
the same time cant you
relate to the fact that shes
just being human idk its not
that complicated idk :///

koga

Well, Koga wasn't sure if trying to kill a supposed friend counted as 'being human' but the man had the distinct feeling that pushing the topic any further with NIGHT was probably going to be a bad idea. The man paused a while, trying to figure out how best to respond before finally settling on a single, monosyllabic response.

night

just being human idk its not
that complicated idk :///

fine.

koga

The man went to close his messenger when one last message drifted in at the last second.

night  alsowemightbgoingout  

'...nani?...'

And then the message was deleted.

"WAIT, WHAAAAAAT!?"

Koga shouted a mixture of emotions all pointing towards general confusion ran through the man as he sprung to his feet, trying to comprehend what he was certain was there, but now wasn't.

At least, that was until a mighty tug on his fishing rod yanked the man into the water with a great splash.

| 207538, CD nat5, +4Exp
    > Total Exp Gain: 8

Edited by Koga

“Oh, I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to come across condescending…I’m sure you’ve been gathering for some time.” She ducked her head, pulling her chin inwards in embarrassment, the tops of her ears flushing ever so slightly. “I just…found this helped me a lot, when I was first foraging. I have to say, picking up the skill definitely helped my finds, a lot. I would recommend it if you’re even considering it slightly.”

Her hands continued to pull at the dirt beneath her, her smile genuine as she considered her first attempts at foraging. She was just turning to Jomei, to continue their conversation, when Koga screamed out, his face something akin to confusion, anger and…deeper confusion?

Before she knew it, she was on her feet, her hands up and ready to fight, before realising she’d put away her weapons and armour. Glancing around anyways, she checked for any signs of a threat, before slowly realising there was…nothing.

“Uhm…everything okay, Koga?” Her words were hesitant – both due to still looking for danger, and because she wasn’t entirely sure he was even going to respond to her. Since their arrival, he had been a bit distant, and Nari wasn’t entirely sure how to change that.

Glancing back at where the man had stood, she noticed for the very first time that he wasn’t on the spot he had been just moments before. Instead, he was face down in the water, and seemed to be quickly disappearing from sight. Giving a slight cry of shock, Nari rushed to the water’s edge before hesitating, glancing back at Jomei.

“We-we should help him! Uhm…let me try and grab him!” Laying down and reaching out, Nari managed to grab Koga’s foot, pulling on it slightly in an attempt to drag him back to land, fighting against whatever was pulling him under from the other side.

ID207565 | LD: 19 + 1 = 20 | CD: 7 + 1 = 8 | Success [4 materials; 2,500 col]

Spoiler

Word Count: 308

"Oh no need to apologize, I'm sure you're much better at it than I am." Jomei said with a smile, dismissing Nari's bashful apology with a wave of his hand. "Honestly.. I've never really been much of a gatherer, but maybe I should start in my free time." He found himself laughing to himself as he slightly shifted his position, gently brushing his fingers through another patch of taller grass. "I find myself going on walks a lot, either to just clear my head, or when I need to organize all the thoughts in there."  Finding a material nestled within the nest of green grass, Jomei retrieved it and held it in his hand, "Might as well do something productive while I'm out there, yeah?"

Jomei's attention was pulled from the quiet of the garden as well as Koga's voice cut through the peaceful silence, followed by the splashing of water. Following Nari over to the source, they saw that their mostly silent companion had decided to take a swim.. most likely involuntarily. Nari sprung into action, grabbing the man's ankle and trying to pull him back to the shore. Pulling his long, green cloak off over his head, leaving him in his usual, sleeveless attire, Jomei himself waded into to water a safe amount, where he still felt the earth underneath his feet. Gripping onto the man's shirt at his shoulders, he attempted to turn the man over, so that Nari wasn't dragging him back onto land with his face in the dirt. "You alright?" Jomei asked him through the sloshing of water as he righted the man, and helped Nari move him back to dry land. "Not sure if diving headfirst into a river is the best way to catch a fish.."

ID | LD 207580 | 11+1 
+1 Material

Had Nari not grabbed Koga by the ankle, whatever had snagged his fishing rod would have likely pulled him further and further into the pull, and perhaps deeper too, like those stories of sirens dragging their victims down to the deep to drown them.

With Jomei's help, the two managed to pull Koga from the drink and throw him back on land. "Ptui," Koga spat out a fish, which flopped onto the dry land for a few moments before leaping back into it's native habitat. "Ya know, what I think you may be right," Koga coughed as he sat up, covering his mouth. "Thanks guys," he said looking between the two.

Crimson eyes lingered on violet ones for a second longer than they should have, as if scrutinizing them.

The moment then passed, and Koga got to his feet, and rolled his shoulder. "Please tell me you guys are having more luck than I am," he asked. There would be time to speak to Nari again later.

| 207582, CD nat5, +4Exp
    > Total Exp Gain: 12

Edited by Koga

Letting herself roll onto her back, she smiled up at the two others. She hadn’t expected this kind of excitement when she had invited the two to the garden. “Well, it may not be the fish we wanted, but it looks like we did manage to reel something in from the water. Do we keep it or toss it back?”

Rolling herself to her feet, giggling at her own joke, she glanced around the garden. A few packs of wolves, and some of those weirder looking humanoid like creatures roamed the area. Collecting her shield and spear, she pointed towards a collection of the creatures, their long razor like wing-fingers glittering in the sunlight.

“Should we…practice a bit? Just to loosen ourselves up, before anyone falls into a pond or bush again?” Casting a beaming smile at Koga as she spoke, she waited for the other two to answer, not willing to pull anything their direction without their support and agreement.

Spoiler

Word Count: 161

Jomei sat in the grass beside the shore once Koga was on dry land once more. Gripping the bottom of his shirt, he began to ring it out, the water the fabric had collected trickling out onto the grass beside him. "Not too much luck." he said with a shake of his head, "I think I found just one so far." The ginger simply chuckled in response to Nari's joke about tossing the man back into the water. It was lighthearted and fun, but with the glares Koga had been shooting at Nari since they had arrived.. it probably wouldn't sit well. And Jomei would rather not take any sides in this predicament. 

A small sigh escaped Jomei's parted lips.. there was no quickly drying these sopping wet clothes he wore. Lifting a hand to summon his inventory, he began to pour through to find a nice change of clothes. It was a good thing he had decided to wear his town clothes rather than his battle outfit, so with a few taps on the floating, opaque screen, Jomei's form shifted. Now on his shoulders, a long green and black coat with tan pants. At the same time, Nari had taken to sightseeing, catching a glimpse of some of the monsters that wandered the other end of the garden. "Hm?" Jomei curiously turned around at Nari's suggestion, taking notice of the monsters himself. "Sure.. maybe we'll have more luck getting some materials off of them, rather than just playing in the dirt."

Pushing himself up to his feet, the ginger would retrieve his rapier from his inventory, the weapon settling on the side of his hip.

"Hardy har har," Koga dryly drawled, rolling his eyes at Nari's joke. Bold of her, to assume she could safely make such jokes at the moment. Only the questions he had for both her and NIGHT stayed his tongue and made him withhold a deadly glare.

The man got up to his feet, taking off his coat and shaking it out, dismayed at the fact that it would probably be some time before it, or even himself, would be dry. One of the few things he actually missed about that old dry desert air.

"Not too much luck. I think I found just one so far."

"Well, that's one more than I've got," Koga replied before looking in the direction that Nari was pointing, the tip of her spear gleaming sharply for a moment. "Up to you guys," the man said with a shrug, before grunting with effort, his wet tee shirt sticking to his skin as he tried to pull it over his head. "Not like I miss an opportunity to hit something very often." The sound of water dripping into the grass as the man twisted his garment, doing his best to wring the water from it. It was probably hopeless.

| 208107, CD nat1, +4Exp
    > Total Exp Gain: 16

Edited by Koga

With the consent of the other two received, Nari eyed up her potential targets. She knew that both Jomei and Koga were well handed in dishing out the damage, and decided they could afford a little risk. Smiling back at the two of them once, she took off in a sudden charge across the open grasses of the garden, letting her spear tip dip as she went.

The large green creatures quickly filled her vision, and as she reached her striking distance, she pushed herself into the air, forcing her body into a controlled, but likely wild appearing spin to bring her weapon around in a wide arc.

“Come on then, show me what you’ve got!” The words were yelled in a fervour as she spun, her world a barely perceptible collection of colours and shapes. She could feel as her feet touched the ground again, her spin continuing as she went. Even as her vision was slowly coming back, she felt her heart slow, her shield and spear entering their natural guard, readying herself for the counter she knew would be coming her way momentarily.

Spoiler

Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 16 | HP: 760/760 | EN: 88/88 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG] | Battle Healing [+23]
Jomei | 880/880 HP | 126/126 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 44 | EVA 3 | ACC 4 | BH 48 | HLY BLS 19 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 1 | F.Sprt.
Koga | Lvl 32/47 | HP: 860 | EN: 120 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 3 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REC: 4 | B.HEALING: 47/94

Knight of Gaia 1 | HP: 450/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100
Knight of Gaia 2 | HP: 450/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100
Knight of Gaia 3 | HP: 450/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100
Knight of Gaia 4 | HP: 450/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100
Debilitate | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, the mob strikes the player with a heavy blow, inflicting Bleed matching the Player's Tier for two turns, and applying a -2 evasion debuff to the player hit.

Round One
ID208108 | BD: 9 + 1 - 1 = 9 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 1>>
| Minor Critical hit | (8+1) x 12 = 108 - 100 = 8 DMG | Frozen (64 DMG; -1 EVA until next hit) | Frostbite [30 DMG, -1 ACC]
ID208109 | BD: 8 + 1 - 1 = 8 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 1>>
| Hit | 8 x 12 = 96 - 100 = 1 DMG | Stunned | Frostbite [30 DMG, -1 ACC]
ID208110 | BD: 2 + 1 - 1 = 2 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 1>>
| Miss [-2 EN]
ID208111 | BD: 4 + 1 - 1 = 4 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 1>>
| Miss [-2 EN]

[3,2,0,0] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 16 | HP: 760/760 | EN: 72/88 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG] | Battle Healing [+23]
[0,0,0,0] Jomei | 880/880 HP | 126/126 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 44 | EVA 3 | ACC 4 | BH 48 | HLY BLS 19 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 1 | F.Sprt.
[0,0,0,0] Koga | Lvl 32/47 | HP: 860 | EN: 120 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 3 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REC: 4 | B.HEALING: 47/94

Knight of Gaia 1 | HP: 442/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 2 (3-1) | EVA: 0 (1-1) | MIT: 100 | Freeze | Frostbite [30 DMG, -1 ACC; 0/2]
Knight of Gaia 2 | HP: 449/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 2 (3-1) | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Frostbite [30 DMG, -1 ACC; 0/2]
Knight of Gaia 3 | HP: 450/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100
Knight of Gaia 4 | HP: 450/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100
Debilitate | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, the mob strikes the player with a heavy blow, inflicting Bleed matching the Player's Tier for two turns, and applying a -2 evasion debuff to the player hit.

Spoiler

Word Count: 186

The creatures that gathered together were vaguely humanoid in shape, though their features were much more angular and elongated. Jomei looked across at them with a curious hum.. he hadn't seen monsters like them before. It was possible that they could pose a challenge, to the wrong players at least. To the three of them, however, Jomei was confident they could make quick work and pull some gain some loot from their victory. 

With a grip around the handle of his rapier, the ginger took off running, following Nari into the fray. She had chosen to deliver a quick attack, simply to catch the attention of the monsters. Though their features were tough to read, two of them turned in Nari's direction after the blade of her spear scathed their armored skin. 

Jomei quickly followed a similar attack pattern as the woman, but he was aiming to actually deal some damage. His boots dug into the dirt as he skid to a stop, front in center with the four of them in range. As the darkened blade of Nihilim's Wrath pulled from its scabbard, it ignited in a golden light as Jomei activated a sword art. "Hyaaa!" he shouted out as he pivoted his hips, ripping out the brilliantly shining blade and cutting deep into all four of the Knights. Each of them staggered backwards from the strike, freezing in place as a stun effect befell all of them. "Adere!" he called out to his owl companion, who swooped past the last of the four, raking its claws along its shoulder. "Alright Koga, you're up!" 

Spoiler

TECH-F (x12 AoE Stun)

ID 208140 | BD 9 | Bleed Procs | 12 x 23(+1)+64 = 352(-100) 252 DMG | Stun
ID 208141 | BD 10 | Bleed Procs | 12 x 23(+2) = 300(-100) 200 DMG | Stun

ID 208142 | BD 7(+5)(-1) 11 | Fallen Procs | 12 x 23(+8) = 372(-100) 272 DMG | Stun
ID 208143 | BD  2(+5)(-1) 6 | 12 x 23 = 276(-100) = 176 DMG | Stun | REND

[3,2,0,0] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 16 | HP: 760/760 | EN: 72/88 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG] | Battle Healing [+23]
[3,3,2,2] Jomei | 880/880 HP | 109/126 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 44 | EVA 3 | ACC 4 | BH 48 | HLY BLS 19 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 1 | F.Sprt. [REND 0/5}

[0,0,0,0] Koga | Lvl 32/47 | HP: 860 | EN: 120 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 3 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REC: 4 | B.HEALING: 47/94

Knight of Gaia 1 | HP: 190/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 2 (3-1) | EVA: 0 (1-1) | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Freeze | Frostbite [30 DMG, -1 ACC; 0/2] | Bleed [48 DMG 0/2]
Knight of Gaia 2 | HP: 249/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 2 (3-1) | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Frostbite [30 DMG, -1 ACC; 0/2] [48 DMG 0/2]
Knight of Gaia 3 | HP: 178/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100 | Stunned
Knight of Gaia 4 | HP: 274/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Rend [28 DMG 0/2]
Debilitate | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, the mob strikes the player with a heavy blow, inflicting Bleed matching the Player's Tier for two turns, and applying a -2 evasion debuff to the player hit.

Before Koga had a chance to put his shirt back on, the other two had already charged towards their quarry, leaving the dark haired man behind calling after them. "Hey! Guys, wait up!" he shouted before swearing to himself and re-equipping his still soaked coat, and chasing after them, drawing his sword, wet shirt still in hand.

Arriving just as Jomei's familiar swooped down, Koga was just quick enough to fill the space in time with an attack. Rushing past the other two, Okami at his side, knowing well what to do at this point, the two struck the mobs together. Koga's sword flashed black for a moment as he dashed through the four mobs, his speed undiminished and leaving behind angry glowing red marks on the quartet. An angry snarl followed soon after as Okami leapt at the third's throat, tackling it to the ground as his jaw crushing whatever he could sink his teeth into.

The third burst into tell-tale fragments, soon followed by the first and the second, leaving only one more for the others to contend with.

Spoiler

[0] Nari-Lanreth | HP: 760/760 | EN: 72/88 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG] | Battle Healing [+23]
[2] Jomei | 880/880 HP | 109/126 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 44 | EVA 3 | ACC 4 | BH 48 | HLY BLS 19 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 1 | F.Sprt. [REND 0/5}
[1] Koga | HP: 860/860 | EN: 101/120 (120 -19) | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 3 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REC: 4 | B.HEALING: 47/94
[REND on CD 0/5]

Knight of Gaia 1 | HP: 0/450 (190 -241) | DMG: 145 | ACC: 2 (3-1) | EVA: 0 (1-1) | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Freeze | Frostbite [30 DMG, -1 ACC; 0/2] | Bleed [48 DMG 0/2]
Knight of Gaia 2 | HP: 0/450 (249 -241 -30) | DMG: 145 | ACC: 2 (3-1) | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Frostbite [30 DMG, -1 ACC; 0/2] | Bleed [48 DMG 0/2]
Knight of Gaia 3 | HP: 0/450 (178 -153 -28) | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Rend [DMG 28, 1/2]
Knight of Gaia 4 | HP: 93/450 (274 -153 -28) | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Rend [28 DMG 1/2]
Debilitate | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, the mob strikes the player with a heavy blow, inflicting Bleed matching the Player's Tier for two turns, and applying a -2 evasion debuff to the player hit.

Okami attacks Knight of Gaia 3
  | REND 7 * 4
Knight of Gaia 3 is RENDED

Koga uses AOE-I
  | 208161, BD nat8 -1, DMG ((23 +8) * 11) -100
  | 208162, BD nat8 -1, DMG ((23 +8) * 11) -100
  | 208163, BD nat4 +5 -1, DMG (23 * 11) -100
  | 208164, BD nat4 +5 -1, DMG (23 * 11) -100
Knight of Gaia 1 takes 241 FALLEN damage
Knight of Gaia 1 dies!
Knight of Gaia 2 takes
241 FALLEN damage
Knight of Gaia 3 takes
153 damage
Knight of Gaia 4 takes
153 damage

Knight of Gaia 2 takes 30 FROSTBITE damage
Knight of Gaia 2 dies!

Knight of Gaia 3 takes 28 REND damage
Knight of Gaia 3 dies!

Knight of Gaia 4 takes 28 REND damage

Knight of Gaia 4 attacks Jomei
  | 208173, MD nat4 +3 -3
Jomei dodges

Koga loots Knight of Gaia 1 | 208231,   CD nat 8, LD nat 7 +4
Koga loots Knight of Gaia 3 | 208232, CD nat4, LD nat4 +4

6300*Col
6*Materials
T4 Rare Trinket #208231a
T4 Rare Trinket #208232a

Edited by Koga

Her strike had caught two of the creatures, and she barely had a moment to revel in the achievement before Jomei had launched past her, slamming his own strike into the four creatures. Caught by surprise, she missed the approach of Koga, his own strike eliminating three of the creatures, and leaving on the fourth standing before them.

Shaking the shock off herself, she forced her mind back into the situation. Sliding her left foot backwards, she brought her spear up and level against the rounded left corner of the shield, dropping her weight slightly as she prepared herself.

“Morríghan treoir mo sleá, agus stailc síos iad siúd romham.” The prayer left her lips as her body began to move, the spear gliding forwards as she shifted her weight. Her torso spun, forcing her left side outwards towards the creature as she attempted to bring her tip to bear upon it, the violet afterglow of the sword art streaking through the air.

Spoiler

[0] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 16 | HP: 760/760 | EN: 76/88 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG] | Battle Healing [+23]
[2] Jomei | 880/880 HP | 109/126 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 44 | EVA 3 | ACC 4 | BH 48 | HLY BLS 19 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 1 | F.Sprt. [REND 0/5}

[1] Koga | Lvl 32/47 | HP: 860/860 | EN: 101/120 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 3 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REC: 4 | B.HEALING: 47/94 [REND on CD 0/5]

Knight of Gaia 4 | HP: 93/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Rend [28 DMG 1/2]

Round Two
ID208175 | BD: 8+1-1 = 8 | <<Raw-A vs. Knight of Gaia 4>>
| Hit. | 216 - 100 = 116 DMG | Knight of Gaia 4 defeated

Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 16 | HP: 760/760 | EN: 68/88 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG] | Battle Healing [+23]
Jomei | 880/880 HP | 109/126 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 44 | EVA 3 | ACC 4 | BH 48 | HLY BLS 19 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 1 | F.Sprt. [REND 0/5}

Koga | Lvl 32/47 | HP: 860/860 | EN: 101/120 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 3 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REC: 4 | B.HEALING: 47/94 [REND on CD 0/5]

Knight of Gaia 4 | HP: 0/450 | DMG: 145 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 100 | Stunned | Rend [28 DMG 1/2]

Looting Knight of Gaia 4
ID208176 | LD: 17 | CD: 3 | <<Loot Knight 4>>
| 1,350 col
| 4 materials
| T4 Rare Consumable (1), T4 Rare Weapon (1)

Looting Knight of Gaia 2
ID208233 | LD: 4 | CD: 1 | <<Loot Knight 2>>
| 2,250 col (1,350+900)
| 2 materials

Spoiler

Loot Received
6,100 col [ID207565, 208176, 208233]
10 Materials [ID207565, 208176, 208233]
T4 Rare Consumable [ID208176] 
T4 Rare Weapon [ID208176]

Spoiler

Word Count: 162

Just as quickly as the small bout had begun, it had come to an end. Jomei's devastating attack against the four, alien like creatures was followed up by Koga's attack of the same nature. The dark haired man and his familiar easily finished off three of the monsters, leaving only a single one clinging to a quarter of its life. Jomei's emerald eyes swung to the last of the Knights as it rushed towards the ginger, rearing back its rake-like claws before slashing out at him. Bringing up his rapier to create a thin, but powerful wall between himself and the attacking enemy, the duelist took a retreating step back to get out of the way of the slashing strike. The ends of its sharp fingertips clashed against the steel of his blade, before becoming no more to the end of Nari's spear. 

The fragmented remains of the four monsters slowly fell to the ground, the peace of the garden returning to them. Slowly, the ginger returned his rapier to its home on his hip as he turned his attention to Nari, who had delivered the final blow. "That prayer.." he spoke with an air of curiosity and respect, his lips pulling into a small smile, "I didn't know you spoke Irish." 

Once the guard of his rapier tapped against the mouth of the scabbard, Jomei would let out a small exhale and brush the palms of his hands together. "The three of us made nice work of those mobs. Did we get anything good from them?"

Nari might as well start calling herself the Wind of Despair at this point, the way she seemed to always spin in a dizzying circle like a cyclone of blades. Nothing seemed to be spared he wrath. No one. Grim thought, sure...but if those two could somehow, by an act of God, work through whatever the hell that had been to...The thought was giving Koga a headache at this point.

"That's some fancy footwork there, Jomei," Koga commented to the man, choosing to let that confusing turn of events rot in the depths of his mind for the time being. "I don't think I've seen too many people move that fast." A level of skill that seemed to transcend the games automated systems. Or maybe Jomei just managed to muscle memory his way through it. In either case, the defense he'd managed to put up whilst Nari finished off the last of the Knights had been impressive.

"I got jack-shit," Koga replied to the man, glancing at the loot pane before dismissing it with half a scowl. "Just some Col, crafting materials and a couple of trash trinkets. You guys?"

Nari’s head snapped back slightly at Jomei’s commentary, and it took her a few breaths before she was able to provide a response to his commentary. Blinking heavily, she ducked her head slightly, before whispering out her words, a minute amount of nervousness in them.

“I’m…not a native speaker. It’s the second tongue in my family. I guess I just…picked it up, with a lot of study.” It was a horrible excuse, but it was the best she had. “Are you fluent? You must be, if you understood the prayer… Is cúis áthais dom bualadh leat.”

She turned at Koga’s question, bringing up her own loot menu. It was meagre, at best. “Not much on my side, I’m afraid – pretty much the same as you. We can definitely try hitting something else here, if you want? Maybe something a little…tougher?” Her eyes cast about, seeing similar creatures to those they had just faced, their icons glowing in an off colour that told her they were much more difficult. Around them moved a pack of wolves with indicators that matched the Knights, and Nari felt a smile coming to her lips.

“Unless you two are scared, that is?”

Spoiler

Word Count: 197

"I would say its my second language." the ginger said with a beaming grin. "We spoke English at home.. but I was learning the language while I was at school. Luckily I picked up enough before we moved out of the country. Had a nice refresher when I went back for later education." 

Placing an arm across his abdomen, the other extended outwards, he would playfully, yet formally, bow his upper body in her direction. "Is liomsa an sásamh ar fad" he would say, tilting his chin upwards to look at her before raising to a standing height once more. 

Turning his attention to Koga, who had complimented the man's speed in battle, Jomei would chuckle, scratching at his cheek with an index finger a bit bashfully. "Thanks. I wasn't always a heavy hitter.. so I put a lot of focus into speed so I could have some skill to be proud of." Sadly, it sounded as though they had come up short in terms of monster loot. "Well.. on the brightside, it sounds like we picked up more from those four monsters than we did trying to find them on our own." he would add with a heavy shrug of his shoulders. 

"Scared?" Jomei said to Nari with a confident expression, a cocked brow raising over his one, visible eye. "I was one of the five people left to fight the 25th floor boss on our own.. A few woodland monsters don't frighten me." The ginger pulled his rapier from his hip once more, walking off in the direction of the mobs Nari pointed out. 

Though Koga spoke two languages, he had absolutely no understanding of the Gaelic language. The way letters seemed to make completely unrelated sounds for absolutely no reason at all confused the hell out of him, and frankly, his interest died right there. While the other two waxed lyrical about their shared tongue, Koga took the time to cast another line into the water, in the hope that something, anything, could be fished up.

Before even the lightest tug could be felt on the thin line arcing into the water, Koga looked behind him to see the other two eagerly eyeing another group of mobs. Not to be left behind again, Koga dispelled his fishing rod almost as quickly as he had produced it and lazily drew his weapon. "Can't imagine these things doing more than scratch us," the man added to the conversation, rolling his shoulder. "C'mon, on your cue, Nari."

| 208487, +4Exp
    > Total Exp Gain: 20

Spoiler

6300*Col
6*Materials
T4 Rare Trinket #208231a
T4 Rare Trinket #208232a

Edited by Koga

A light flush covered her features as Jomei returned the greeting, bowing slightly in a way that made Nari feel both uncomfortable, and somehow more inclined towards the ginger. She gave a return smile, before returning her gaze to the creatures in the distance.

“Dea-labhartha, ansin.” Forcing herself back to the common language between the three of them, she gave a smile towards Koga before making her way across the field – casting an eye back to watch the man hurriedly stow his fishing gear and attempt to give chase. “Right, let’s see how easily we can clear this field then. Treoracha Morríghan.”

Picking up the pace until she was dashing across the field, she pushed off the ground at the last second, forcing her torso to her left and into a twirl in the air. The spear, tip alight in violet glow, followed the arc around and through towards the group of waiting targets. In her vision, she saw only the blur of the environment, somehow moving slowly, yet fast enough that she couldn’t pick up any details.

She felt her feet touch the ground as her twirl finished, and cast a gaze back towards the other two. “You’re up, Jomei!”

Spoiler

Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 16 | HP: 760/760 | EN: 88/88 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG] | Battle Healing [+23]
Jomei | 880/880 HP | 126/126 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 44 | EVA 3 | ACC 4 | BH 48 | HLY BLS 19 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 1 | F.Sprt. 

Koga | Lvl 32/47 | HP: 860/860 | EN: 120/120 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 3 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REC: 4 | B.HEALING: 47/94

Knight of Gaia 1 | HP: 675/675 | DMG: 180 | MIT: 85 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | PHASE
Knight of Gaia 2 | HP: 675/675 | DMG: 180 | MIT: 85 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | PHASE
Knight of Gaia 3 | HP: 675/675 | DMG: 180 | MIT: 85 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | PHASE 
Knight of Gaia 4 | HP: 675/675 | DMG: 180 | MIT: 85 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | PHASE

Round One
ID208488 | BD: 8+1-2=7 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 1>>
| Minor Critical Hit | (8+1)x12 = 108 - 85 = 23 DMG | Frostbite [30 DMG; -1 ACC 0/2] | Stunned
ID208489 | BD: 5+1-2=4 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 2>>
| Miss [-1 EN]
ID208490 | BD: 3+1-2=2 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 3>>
| Miss [-1 EN]
ID208491 | BD: 9+1-2=8 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 4>>
| Minor Critical Hit | (8+1)x12 = 108 - 85 = 23 DMG | Frostbite [30 DMG; -1 ACC 0/2] | Freeze 

[2,0,0,2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 16 | HP: 760/760 | EN: 71/88 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG] | Battle Healing [+23]
[0,0,0,0] Jomei | 880/880 HP | 126/126 EN | DMG 23 | MIT 44 | EVA 3 | ACC 4 | BH 48 | HLY BLS 19 | BLD 48 | FLN 8 | AA | LD 1 | F.Sprt. 

[0,0,0,0] Koga | Lvl 32/47 | HP: 860/860 | EN: 120/120 | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 5 | LD: 3 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | REC: 4 | B.HEALING: 47/94

Knight of Gaia 1 | HP: 652/675 | DMG: 180 | MIT: 85 | ACC: 2 (3-1) | EVA: 2 | PHASE | Frostbite [30 DMG; -1 ACC 0/2]
Knight of Gaia 2 | HP: 675/675 | DMG: 180 | MIT: 85 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | PHASE
Knight of Gaia 3 | HP: 675/675 | DMG: 180 | MIT: 85 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | PHASE 
Knight of Gaia 4 | HP: 652/675 | DMG: 180 | MIT: 85 | ACC: 2 (3-1) | EVA: 2 | PHASE | Frostbite [30 DMG; -1 ACC 0/2] | Freeze 

Spoiler

Word Count: 201

• Jomei locked this topic
  • Jomei unlocked this topic