[F9|PP]<<Guardian of Fire>> It's hot

The moment the blonde stepped on to floor nine, she gasped at the change in air pressure. The heat was instantly unbearable. She could only imagine what it would feel like to wear a full suit of armor up here. Thankfully, her acquisition of the survival skill would kick in and make it little more bearable. Thankfully for her, there was only a single quest on this floor to finish at her level so she would be in and out in no time.

Spending a moment to look over Raidou's accumulated notes on the cerberus she would take a look around town. There's was supposed to be a quest giver NPC around here somewhere that was wounded. Once she found them, she could head to the Cerberus's lair and send it back to Hades. The woman would don her armor along with Caliburn, a golden glow shimmering from her gear as she searched for aforementioned quest giver.

Spoiler

Ruler,
Level: 18
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 360/360
EN: 54/54

Stats:
Damage: 17
Mitigation: 30
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
KEEN: 1
L.M.: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Caliburn[THSS/Perfect/T1] ACC III
Armor: Maiden's Garb[Light Armor/Perfect/T1] LM II; EVA I
Misc: Maiden's Forgiveness[Trinket/Perfect/T1] EVA II; Keen I

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Straight Sword R5
Light Armor R5

Active Mods:
Meticulous

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Stamina
Precision
Ferocity

Active Extra Skills:

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Rare Healing Potions(40hp) x5
Special OH(50hp) x1

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:
Tactical Advantage: If guild members held a completed Boss Meeting thread, participants receive +1 ACC for the first two turns in combat against a Floor, Event, or Field Boss. Limit one use per thread.
Helping Hand: Lowest-leveled guild member receives +10 bonus Exp at the end of the thread. At least half of the thread's participants must be guild members. Limit one use per month, per character. [1/1]
False Start: +3 to initiative. Limit one use per thread.
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

ah. it was warm.

the heat was almost sobering for the young ruler. and unlike the misseus who'd just so happened to block her path once she spawned into the area, nian was solely garbed in dark hoping to chase away the onlookers that might catch her in their eye -- enemies, that dotted along the path towards the hound of hell's lair. she growled, almost instinctively at the sight of the other player, black metal claws pushing past the plebian. "make way."

like an order. and as nian rounded the obstacle, she noticed the menus pulled up in front of them. another look of disdain crossed the emperor's face as she seethed in her steps onto red soil. hadn't any one the respect not to obscure the pathways of others? at the teleporter, no less. no manners, these useless folk. the king bristled, steps harsh as though they could set off fire in her heels' wake, already starting down what road would take her to best what might aincrad had to offer.

[[ N I A N ]] 
u4hv3oR.png
Lv. 14 | NIAN | HP: 280/280 | EN: 46/46 | DMG: 16 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3
Spoiler

equipment 

• Heaven's Decree
    • +2 ACC
    • +1 EVA
  • STR-v2
    • + 6 DMG
  • Red Omamori
    • + 3 LD

br.inventory 

• Teleport Crystals (3)
  • Cold Brew Coffee (5) | HP RECOVERY III | [link]
  • Golden Key (3)
  • Chocolate Truffles [+4 EN/ea] (5)

skills 

Spoiler
  • CLAWS | RANK 5/5
    • stamina, precision, ferocity
    • aoe shift 
  • COMBAT MASTERY: MIT | RANK 3/3

buffs 

Spoiler
  • creme brulee (+2 acc) | 2/3

sword arts 

Spoiler

all sword arts en match their multiplier unless stated otherwise. en for aoes is += (2 * targets).

• x15 | aoe-i
  • x18 | aoe-ii
  • x20 | st-b
  • x12 | tech-a | stun | 13en
  • x12 | tech-b | delay
  • x8 | tech-f | stun aoe

misc. 

Spoiler

Lost in her own thought, Alicia wouldn't even notice the other person trying to get around her. Being the ditz that she is, when the other woman practically pushed her out of the way, Ruler's face would go red. "M-My apologies!" She would say simply watching the other woman stomped off in the direction that she was going herself. If Raidou's information was right it was in this direction. Were they heading to the same quest?

If there was one thing she hated more than anything, it was getting on anyone's bad side. She understood she could not make everyone happy but that didn't mean she couldn't try to make up for mistakes. Increasing her pace, Ruler would wave her down. "Uhm, excuse me ma'am. You're heading in the direction of the Cerberus quest right? Would you like to team up and take it down together? We could easily handle it on our own I'm sure but it will take less time if we take it down together." Ruler hoped she could at least make up for her slight indecency by giving the girl a hand.

and that anger festered even more. the environment was already terrible to look at -- and the gall of keeping the company of lowlifes around, while she was at it? but for their sake, the emperor's brain worked quickly; if that meant the ruler would be safe in the face of wandering monsters, then so be it that the accompaniment be bait.

on a stoic, stone cold face that the king returned to her subjects, nian blinked, slow. sharpness gave way to an agitated frown; still perturbed, but nonetheless accepting. "it does you well," she said, "that at least you know your place, commoner." and the woman strode onwards, pace hastened. her short cloak was lifted in her wake. "so be it. do as you see fit."

though, nian spun a hand as she walked, deciding not to look backwards. "it would do you well to pay attention to where you're going, however. life goes on beyond your screens."

What Ruler expected from Nian's reaction... well, actually it was nothing like she expected. The red-clad woman seemed to have little use for idle chit-chat. Her responses were sharp and short. When Nian called her 'commoner', Ruler seemed confused and embarrassed at the same time. Was being in someone's way really that much of a problem for them that she had to degrade her existence without even knowing a single thing about her?

Nevertheless, Alicia would shake it off. Once she saw how strong the glowing knight was in battle, her tone would change... hopefully. "Uh, right. A simple mistake that I apologize deeply for. I should have paid more attention to where I was standing." The golden blonde would repeat her apology to show sincerity.

Soon, the duo would come upon the quest giver, an injured broker. The man would reveal to them the location of the Cerberus's lair to where they could now challenge it. "We'll send it back to Hades with it's tail between it's legs." Ruler would comment, looking to her new friend(?). "After you. I wouldn't want to get in your way again."

simple and straightforward. obedience was a thing that nobles paid for, rulers subjugated with. upon that simple response, nian strung her grievances off the thread, just a little.

it was by a wondering informant that they'd receive the intel. a meeting that nian expected, but not to little fanfare -- an injured man wouldn't be able to afford luxury nor rewards. only the glory of the hunt would be satiable this day --

"We'll send it back to Hades with it's tail between it's legs."

-- and even that was being threatened from her, by now.

the king turned none by way of conversation. once her lackey had obtained what was necessary, the king moved on. and so with the information that the guard dog had guard dogs of its own (outsourcing power, a move that nian could respect), the player set her claw to her arm, applying pressure as she thought it best to stretch herself. "if you must be sure enough to face the beast," his majesty started, "then what is your method of attack, pray tell?"

not that nian needed to answer. the tyrant kept her claws bare as much as she could, after all.

As they continued on their way, lonely souls of two different colours striding the same path, Ruler would stay as quiet as possible. Normally, she would try to be polite and make some small talk but it was already made clear to her that Nian was not one for the idle chit-chat she was used to.

Her theory was obviously true as the red-clad noble was just as silent herself. By now she would have shared her name in an attempt to make the scene less tense but the other woman would speak before she had the courage to start talking again. "Claymore. I can fight with both area-wide attacks or straight damage. My build focused on keeping my attacks hitting and when I do miss, making me even more accurate to ensure that I don't miss twice. Caliburn will see my enemies in dust." Despite her awkward way of talking before, Ruler was now more focused. The sword of selection grasped in her hand as she walked through the desolate landscape. Watching for anything trying to catch them off guard whilst en route to the lair of Hade's hound.

"You may call me Ruler, by the way- Uh, if it pleases you."

so a damage dealer, almost akin to herself. nian snorted, the king's own way of addressing the lowlifes, by now. at the mention of the other's title, however--

"You may call me Ruler, by the way."

-- she whipped her head around, stopping, eyes widened in a harsh ruby glare.

"Uh, if it pleases you."

it did not please heaven's chosen in the slightest. "falsehood," the monarch shot back, diving back into long, unbroken strides. "the ruler you must be speaking of a curse otherwise. there is only room for one divinity --" the little emperor raised a clawed finger, to prove her point. then, she flexed her thumb out, index curled, and jabbed it to herself. "--and that position belongs to yours truly."

so she strode onwards in a huff, steps almost faster than the golden liar herself. nian hissed as she considered a better name-- better, because the king was the one to give it-- for the one who'd sullied the standard borne only for royals seemed to need a decent one, as garbage as she was. and as the monarch clicked her tongue, she found her answer in the god's favored language.

"chi," her true ruler decided, that steel arm raised and eyes flashed violently over her back. "that is what i would call you. be honored upon your new gift bestowed to you, chi. you are in presence of new leadership upon this forsaken world."

To be frank, Alicia was surprised more than anything. As she barked back, seemingly insulted by the simple mention of her name, Nian would metaphorically spit back. She would claim herself to the title of divinity. Though, in her mind, Ruler would fell more of the regal king and Nian came off more like a vicious tyrant. Perhaps Caliburn denied her.

"Chi?" Ruler would question. "I'm not familiar with a name like that. Unfortunately, my name cannot be changed in game. I apologize if it imposed on you. I am perfectly capable of leading myself, you needn't worry yourself with my safety or anything." The golden blonde would mention as they continued along. Hopefully soon they would reach the lair of the beast. She was starting to wish that small talk never came up and the two remained quiet for most, if not all, the walk there. It seemed like every single word she said offended Nian.

ah?

and after all of that, to deny the majesty of the emperor herself -- the king would growl, barely giving the other a look over. chi was too good of a title for the mongrel -- chibai was more like it, nian decided. and the added commentary -- "an attitude like that will get you nowhere," was what she snarled under her breath. there was no saving those who didn't want to be saved, the king decided. her steps only hastened in turn.

for what good was there walking with one who did not revere her presence? his majesty did not need to have pitied the forsaken, after all. her hand extended was heaven's gift to the forgotten. it was not her fault that the ungrateful turn up their noses to salvation. foolish. nian let out a small 'tch' as she continued down the road.

despite the trek seemingly taking forever, the emperor had reached the cave with barely any interference in her path. only the chibai left off in the distance was present, and the king could care less about what good the bait was to do on its own. though, it would do her well to go in prepared, solo. heaven's right took the time to re-examine her equipment, by the entrance, barely out of reach from the heat of the lair's interior.

Nian continued to be displeased with every word Alicia could manage to get out to her. To be honest, staying on the good side of others with something she strived for but it seemed impossible with her current company. Therefore, the golden queen would take this mutuality at it's face value. They were traveling to simply lighten the load some, not necessarily to make friends with one another. As Nian stopped outside the lair of the beast to check her gear, Ruler would forge on.

It wasn't about leading or following to her. She just wanted it done. The moment she stepped inside, the minions of the hell demon would jump out at her in a surprise attack. "Scum, attacking from the shadows. Be purged by the holy blade of selection." Alicia would bellow as her sword glimmered a wonderous golden aura. The light of the blade would sunder forward with a wide swing, cutting most of their health bars to single digit percentages. One of them split in half completely, leaving nothing but digital dust in it's wake. "Hm, not quite enough. No matter. Come, meet your end." She would taunt.

Spoiler

Ruler | HP: 360/360 | EN: 35/54 -(11+8) | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | KEEN: 1 | L.M.: 2
nian

[1/0]Hell Hound 1: 13/200 -187 | 50 DMG
Hell Hound 2: -4/200 -204 | 50 DMG
[1/0]Hell Hound 3: 13/200 -187 | 50 DMG
[1/0]Hell Hound 4: 13/200 -187| 50 DMG

image.thumb.png.826cb9eb412612834a03b78ab66c44a9.png

Edited by Ruler

ah. even less impressive was how the undaunted liar had managed to work her way inside, only to have failed her enemies' decimation upon the first hit. and that terrible noise of a commoner not knowing what she was getting into -- the sight was almost enough to move the emperor to empty his stomach.

but a king must do what needed to be done. if not on his subject's behalf, then for himself and the future he would build.

so nian lumbered through the entryway, claws tightened into a fist. and those giant metal obelisks charged into the fray with nothing but recklessness behind them, the lord a searing wind of heat and crimson. one hearty punch to a hound unkilled, and the tyrant swung around in a lash, metal fingers sharp to rend the other two into nothingness. and the last of the group, for the time being, came from a cavernous opening overhead -- which stopped the emperor none. she whipped around to the side of its growl, and the beast mimicked it in turn, reaching out to grab it and slam its miserable form into the floor.

Spoiler

> POST ACTION: TECH-F 
 | * id207104 -> hellhound #3, not #2.

ID207106 | bd4+5 = 9 | -> Hell Hound #5 
ID207105 | bd5+5 = 10 | -> Hell Hound #4 
ID207104 | bd6+5 = 11 | -> Hell Hound #3* 
ID207103 | bd8+5 = 13 | -> Hell Hound #1 

8 + (2*4) -2 = 14 EN
16 * 8 = 128 DMG
> stunned.

> environmental damage: -15hp/player.

[1/0] Hell Hound #1 | -115/200 | 50 DMG
[1/0] Hell Hound #3 |-115/200 | 50 DMG
[1/0] Hell Hound #4 | -115/200 | 50 DMG

[0/1] Hell Hound #5 | 72/200 | 50 DMG | STUNNED

NIAN | HP: 265/280 | EN: 32/46 | DMG: 16 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3
Ruler | HP: 345/360 | EN: 35/54 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | KEEN: 1 | L.M.: 2

As expected, her company would soon follow. The woman would come in and clean up the injured that she had weakened. "Ah, thank you." Ruler would say simply as she ruthlessly tore apart their competition. Getting ready to follow up, Alicia would sniff out a flank coming up behind her. As if the hounds were even quiet enough to pull off such a feat. With one quick motion, just as the dog jumped to maul her down, Caliburn would carve through the ground beneath her tearing stone from it's resting place and straight through the enemy that dared thinking that it could challenge her in a fair fight. it's body would split in half and fall to the ground behind her attack and dissipate into the ether of coding.

"Beasts like these deserve no mercy." The king would say before looking to see how Nian was handling her query. Of course, without much trouble. It was clear that neither really needed the other's help but this would have taken her longer if she'd tried to solo it.

image.thumb.png.5567daa2556da558ebe4b87fa30cb2a0.png

Spoiler

[0/0] Hell Hound #6 | -28/200 | 50 DMG
[0/1] Hell Hound #5 | 72/200 | 50 DMG | STUNNED

NIAN | HP: 265/280 | EN: 32/46 | DMG: 16 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3
Ruler | HP: 360/360 | EN: 35/54 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | KEEN: 1 | L.M.: 2

Edited by Ruler

perhaps, if nian the social aptitude of a human being, she might've thought twice about if chi's words had been directed towards her, that bastard of a tyrant. instead, her attention focused on the writhing hound in her metal jaws, she reached out to give the dog another smash to the ground. cheekbone met heated rock, the opponent's tongue lolling out as it whimpered despite its ferocious appearance. what was left of its form fell apart as quickly as the emperor had dispatched of it.

to ready herself, she drew her fist back upwards, tight.

nothing else came to pass the two in the next few seconds. and the king lowered her guard physically, a short exhale released through nostrils. her steps thereafter lead her further into the cavern, wordless to the mongrel that no doubt would be dogging her step. would it be that the royal be over taken once more, and in chibai's show of force, only drop their mark to half of its healthbar.

an attack that would be in tragedy. nian sneered thinking about that ruined sight.

Spoiler

> POST ACTION: TECH-F 
 | * id207320 -> hellhound #5, not #6.

ID207320 | bd4+5 = 9 | -> Hell Hound #5 

8 + (2*1) -2-2 = 6 EN
16 * 8 = 128 DMG
> stunned.

> environmental damage: -15hp -> Nian.

[2/0] Hell Hound #5 | -56/200 | 50 DMG

NIAN | HP: 250/280 | EN: 26/46 | DMG: 16 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3
Ruler | HP: 360/360 | EN: 35/54 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | KEEN: 1 | L.M.: 2

Just Ruler was starting to get comfortable, the ground shook slightly slowly getting heavier with every step. Alicia would ready her blade once more planning to send it to hell with a single swipe. Quickly, she would notice that each head had it's own health bar. Going for an area attack would be difficult without getting eaten so she would instead opt to carve the heads off one by one.

Alicia wasted no time getting into the the thick of the fight. Her boots stomped against the ground, not allowing the Cerberus any time to take stock of his situation. Before it could even growl at it's intruders, Caliburn had dismembered one of the heads. The giant dog's head would crash into the ground with an insane thump as Ruler landed behind it. "Hades' guard has as much bite as a pup, I see." The next head would hardly see what happened if Nian couldn't finish off the remaining two.

Spoiler

Cerberus Head 1: -55/200 | 40 DMG
Cerberus Head 2: 200/200 | 40 DMG
Cerberus Head 3: 200/200 | 40 DMG

NIAN | HP: 250/280 | EN: 26/46 | DMG: 16 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3
Ruler | HP: 360/360 | EN: 35/54 -15| DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | KEEN: 1 | L.M.: 2

image.thumb.png.61f7025554b88f10a73d10c637f85ab5.png

3+5 = 8
17x15 = 255

-15 en

Edited by Ruler

nian hadn't seen anything from the sneaking hound, two heads announcing its roar. had the emperor noticed its third, it was when it struck the floor, disintegrating into pieces with only a stub left upon where the head once was. and the king moved fast; enough to trace across the arena in one running start, leap high enough at the end of her dash to strike at cerberus -- but a miscalculation, damn cardinal, had sent her trajectory awry.

she slid through air. claw gash skating across the dogs' neck, though only the stroke across the last had connected. and in her tumble-landing, nian rolled over to her front towards the ground, claw out to hold her steady, trying to see if she'd swept clean the beast. but only one of its heads had shattered, and the remaining center seemed to have wanted a chat with her.

its ruler wasn't going to have a word from its maw. where once was the player now rested a shadow of the figure, traces of long black hair falling in tandem with her leap backwards as the dog dove in for a gnash, empty.

Spoiler

> POST ACTION: AOE-I

ID207522 | bd1 | -> Cerberus Head #2
ID207523 | bd5+5 | -> Cerberus Head #3

15 +2 -2-2 = 13 EN
16 * 15 = 240 DMG

> environmental damage: -15hp -> Nian.

ID207524 | md7-3 | -> Nian

[0,0] Cerberus Head #2 | HP: 200/200 | DMG: 40
[0,0] Cerberus Head #3 | HP: -40/200 | DMG: 40

NIAN | HP: 250/280 | EN: 13/46 | DMG: 16 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3

The golden blonde stood defiant upon her foe. Nian had indeed removed another one of it's heads from the equation while also dodging one of its own attacks. With it's focus set entirely on the her ally, Ruler was free to charge her strongest attack. Caliburn's blaze illuminated the red tunnels, shining with absolute brilliance. The shifting sound of metal on metal echoed with each step she took, charging forward with her shining blade. With another fateful leap, the king had split the neck of her opposing foe. The hell-pup would fade in and out for a moment before exploding into a mist of nothingness. Reduced completely to data to be returned to the Cardinal.

Her blade would slowly lose it's luminance as Ruler sheathed it at her side. Looking over at Nian, she would give her a smile. "Not bad. We make a pretty good team. I almost ran out of energy there, so I'm glad we got to meet." 

Spoiler

[0,0] Cerberus Head #2 | HP: 200/200 | DMG: 40
[0,0] Cerberus Head #3 | HP: -40/200 | DMG: 40

NIAN | HP: 250/280 | EN: 13/46 | DMG: 16 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 36 | LD: 3
Ruler | HP: 360/360 | EN: 1/54 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | KEEN: 1 | L.M.: 2

image.png

BD: 3+5+1 = 9
Hit! 20x17 = 340!!

-20EN

• 2 weeks later...

before the king got to move for a dive towards what remained of cerberus, the false king shifted from her position, taking flight to bury her blade down onto the canine. and instantly it shattered, health bar draining empty. only an explosion would mark its death, the players preoccupied with matters elsewhere.

for example, nian. and the fact that the kill got stolen from the beast was more than insulting to his majesty.

"tch."

an audible retort. the emperor wasn't obligated to shoot back niceties at the commoner, much less grace them with anything further than a look. still foul-mannered, still righteous, nian turned from facing ruler, the fragments of the hound they'd defeated still coalescing in mid-air, and started on her way out the cavern. her jet weapons only swayed in her movements, fingers clenched tight on mechanical arms.

gods knew she could've taken on the beast and the minions on her own, had the opportunity for it arose.