[F21|PP] A Late Discussion

"Yeah, definitely the same guy. I doubt there's many Kogas running around anyways...", he said with a low laughter that turned into a dry cough- maybe the only one not caused by his condition and just out of awkwardness. If NIGHT trusted him so much though, then that was good. It meant he was good people, even if he did... try to bite off more than he could chew, from what Chase had seen in their single encounter. Had there been another one, he'd forgotten about it. But then again, nobody could remember everyone they'd met with, especially in this environment.

585497137_ChaseDBPEHappy.png.af30b223a7941b39cfbb36c297784298.pngWhen he saw how NIGHT's face was pulling itself inward as if in disgust upon drinking the tea, he straightened his slightly slumped back and got ready to get back up and go to the kitchen. "I can go make you something else. I've plenty of stuff stocked up in my shelves.", he offered, not wanting her to 'suffer' the same fate he did, drinking bitter medicine due to some form of cold. That brought his attention back to what NIGHT had said and he chuckled a bit to himself before jokingly saying. "House is so big, I should have bought it with someone else. I only wanted the buffs out of it, but I ended up staying in due to the whole situation. By the time I show you where it all is, I'll already be feeling better. If you're that intent on taking care of me though, take me in, I'll be spending my time resting with Blizz and DAY that way, bwahaha.", he laughed heartily at the end, and Blizz tried mimicking his owner too. It... sounded about the same as how any noise a pangolin would make did. Just squeakier.

Edited by ChaseR
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ah, no-- that's alright. thank you though." a bow of her head -- niceties weren't her strong suit, especially when made to play house guest after it'd been quite the while of seeing chase. but she listened to him talk about the estate, and night couldn't help but agree with the notion the more he went on. the player shot back a small chuckle once he was done. "i feel the same," she admitted, rising to her feet. "i mean, i used to live in an apartment, after all. but cardinal didn't seem to like catering to smaller spaces, strangely enough."

night took her place by chase's side with another wash of her palette with the tea. she'd still winced. "might be the cause," the woman joked, before looking about the room they were both in at the moment -- spacious. too much so.

"we could give it a shot." her gaze was set on the man once she'd completed her brief examination of the interior. "the house tour, i mean. if it gets you feeling better. and you know you're welcome over to our place any time," she offered, palm open and raised, "till the end of your recovery, of course. i'll make sure the guest room's free for you to use."

Although initially he meant it as a joke, the more he processed it with a blank expression and his eyes fixed on her, the more appealing the idea sounded. He was always a fan of DAY and NIGHT, so it wouldn't be bad to have some more company while he was still recovering. From just mopping around a huge house all on his own, it might even help him get back on his feet mentally too.

1776400380_ChaseDBPESilentAwkward.png.3ffe22a0663b8fa6d6c798118c552c1d.pngThen again, hadn't they just mentioned NIGHT's new girlfriend? "Well, there is an issue though. You said you got a girlfriend, didn't you? If I sleep in the guest room, then where will DAY sleep? And also the issue of me being in the middle of your private life and all...", he shared his concerns with an awkward laugh, obviously wanting to take her up on her offer if she really meant it. Blizz would enjoy the extra company too, definitely. Not to say he didn't like his owner, but DAY was always a joy to be around. "I don't wanna be an inconvenience to you with how little I'm really mustering. Speaking of which, I can definitely help you if you need Col? Or as thanks for the offer too, I don't have any use for them and I can always make more when I get back on my feet."

Edited by ChaseR

"well-- she's not exactly my..."

the more night wanted to try and explain it, the more she found herself unable to. because she couldn't recall placing a label on it. did it deserve a label to it? the implications were obvious, sure -- but without the spoken word, she couldn't find herself deciding to conclude anything. suddenly, all of those jokes about useless lesbians she'd tossed nari's way came crashing back down upon her. the punchline, as it seemed, went both ways.

night fumbled with the empty cup in her hand as she stammered for a response. shaking her head, she then turned to chase, trying to clear her expression of distress. "well, i'm pretty sure she prefers me over at her place," the woman tried to explain, hoping it didn't come across as strange -- she, too, had her own home after all, and what good was a house if not to live in it? "day's been familiar with my room for a bit, so i'm sure she wouldn't mind moving in for your own comfort."

"oh--"

then she realized perhaps the entity might've had her own preference in the rooms of the home, and so the player corrected herself. "--well, maybe you can take my bed instead. i'll have to check. but n-no, i haven't... taken um... nari back yet..."

what was with these hopeless elaborations, anyway? night felt as though in trying to justify taking care of her friend, she was shelling out details of a novel that didn't need to be written. traversing her love and social life now started to seem like a herculean task.

even worse when chase started offering col to her. no, no no. none of this would do. "it-- it's really no problem. you really won't be an inconvenience at all. plus, it'd be good for day to finally get to see you again--"

-- gods she was making out the gemini to be some sort of house pet wasn't she --

"--a-and besides," night continued rambling, half hazy on what'd been incriminated against her thus far and what hadn't, "you deserve to head out for a bit. even if that means paying us a visit, extended period or not."

her dignified huff and fold of her arms was only convincing had anyone not heard wind of what she'd spewed just moments before. it was thus that she left the decision up to her friend on his stance regarding the offer.

If NIGHT was making out her gemini to be some form of pet, then what would that make Chase? He didn't mind sleeping on a couch if he had to though- guest room would do it, NIGHT's own bed would probably feel a bit too intrusive, and the couch was a mighty fine place to call home as well. The answer NIGHT seemed to be waiting for though was an absolute no brainer. With a toothy grin, he gave her a nod one last time.

1408431314_ChaseDBPEHappy.png.85c49519489a8601dbb8392901f39e41.png"Aye, gotcha. So I'll go pack some stuff like my gear and I'll come over to your home with you when it's time for you to leave.", he announced with an almost childish excitement and looked down at Blizz as he rubbed the underside of his snout with his right hand's index finger. Another sip of his tea and then he asked, just to make sure they were fully caught up even after all this while. "That can't be all, right? Or did you just skip over the little details? We'll probably have more time to talk these through later, but it's nice to feel I've not missed too much.". For all it mattered, he seemed especially talkative after all this time spent on his own in the admittedly bright cave floor of the tower.

Edited by ChaseR

(a friend. that would make chase a friend, though the irony of that discrepancy was lost upon the woman.)

night found herself in agreement of the plan. "no. no caveats here with regards to the move." most likely, she'd have to give the man a rundown of where everything in her home was, but just as well was the chance that day would have a fun time acclimatizing their new housemate to the estate, even if it would be a temporary arrangement.

her hand snaked around her neck, fingers slipping past the corner of hew jaw for a moment. how she'd found the gall to extend that invitation in the first place, she didn't know, but as long as chase found himself better at the end of the stay, it would be enough.

she shrugged, however, at the sudden thought that struck her. "hey, if you're going to pack up now, you might as well give me the tour while you're at it." night glanced around the place -- though unfamiliar, the player hoped she could at least be of some help. "i could fetch some things for you, too, if you'd like." her eyes went to the pangolin, name almost lost on the tip of her tongue for a moment. "blizz, right? does he need anything prepared for the move?"

Chase was somewhat taken aback from the request, but he didn't mind really. He had few rooms fully decorated though, seeing as he spent most time out on the field killing monsters or clearing dungeons, and now he was homestuck because of his predicament. As a whole, the rooms would seem very empty, but such is the state of his humble abode. He nodded and placed the tea on the coffee table before he decided to replace the cup with Blizz' round form. 

708631835_ChaseDBPESilentSmile.png.9e6d86e4f0b560b57c5f331cee3ac965.png"Aye, come here. Leave the tea on the table.", he gestured and with a motion of his head, asked her to follow along into the kitchen. He showed her around the kitchen and placed Blizz on the counter as he picked up a jar filled with spiky, red berries. "Blizz doesn't really need them, but-", he was briefly interrupted with the pangolin standing up on his hind feet and reaching for the jar. "When he gets 'hungry', he likes them. Although they don't really need food or water to keep alive, but I'm not that cruel.", Chase elaborated and laughed, putting the jar in his inventory. Similarly, he went back to the living room and picked up his weapon and padding only to shove them into his inventory, huffing and giving NIGHT a quick run through of the rest of the house. The only places of note that didn't look like a half-ready or empty room under construction were the basement, where he had a library full of notebooks - "I document how stuff works down here. Or I did, but most of this stuff is outdated or incorrrect... And I have a few on Extra Skills and Unique Skills, but... I don't know what happened to the latter." - and the attic, which was a nice and neat little bedroom with a small window that looked over the garden. 

"And this is the bedroom where I sleep. I don't like the master bedroom cause it looks too... you know, rich. But this is cozy and neat. I have a little bed for Blizz too, for when he doesn't just pile up on me.", he said and quietly crouched, looking at it and putting it in his inventory as well. The rest of the room seemed pretty comfortable to be in- an overall small space, but it was more than enough for a single person. It had a bookshelf, a desk, some drawing supplies (or sticks of wood drawn on to look like pens and markers at least) and a notebook. And on the far corner, if NIGHT was careful enough, she could see a frame of a boy with brown, messy hair and a complexion similar to Chase's, and a girl next to him at almost the same height, with long black hair and bright blue eyes. Behind them was a sprawling, starry night sky, and what seemed like a falling star had been caught in the frame just behind the two kids. "And that does it! It's big, but if it gets the job done, it gets the job done.", he mumbled as he looked at NIGHT and let her have a gander around the room if she so wished, offering a small smile of satisfaction. "What d'ya think?"

Edited by ChaseR

it did night well to follow orders as a guest in someone else's home. so she did, cup set on the table surface as the pair made their way to the kitchen. moderate in size, it was enough for a person living alone; part of it reminded her of the kitchens she'd seen in the real world, fit for an apartment. cozy, with spaces for ingredients immediately within reach.

and then blizz got up on his hind legs, trying to grab at the jar of snacks chase had just picked up. it vanished before the familiar had a chance at them, though night was certain he'd see those treats soon enough. she gave her friend a nod before they head back towards the main hall, and chase gestured towards the basement in his explanation. quite the info broker's wealth of information, given new players and their aptitude.

"And I have a few on Extra Skills and Unique Skills, but... I don't know what happened to the latter."

night debated on whether or not she should've mentioned it, having seen first hand what cardinal would do for that narrative.

they finally reached the attic, and it was just so that the idea of being intrusive sank in. her first thought was deciding that day should've been moving into the master bedroom, after all, given chase's distaste of it and the fact she felt just slightly uncomfortable, foreign, in someone else's sleeping quarters. though, night followed her friend in without complaint. it seemed very much modelled after a basic inn room provided at the start of the game, except time hadn't worn away at the room nor furniture yet, and there were tiny details of customization. as chase went to grab his things, the player found herself examining the items on the shelf before her eyes drifted to the night stand.

there was a picture, framed, of someone she believed had been close to chase. the last memento. night retrieved it delicately, even as chase proclaimed his completion for the move, and she raised it to his awareness. "just in case; was this important, too?"

NIGHT being quiet overall made the tour go by pretty quickly, and he hoped it wasn't very unpleasant too. When they reached his room, he couldn't really tell if she was uncomfortable or not, but he hoped she didn't feel too out of her element. And after inspecting the room, she eventually picked up the framed picture. Chase's expression quickly softened as he looked at the picture rather than NIGHT or the frame, letting out a small sigh, more so of nostalgia.

864636571_ChaseDBPENostalgicHappy.png.06fb20971357ecef2fe720e43e141e99.png"Yeah. That's important alright.", he nodded to her and before he stretched his arm out to her, he asked with a tired, yet happy smile on his face. "What do you think of those two?", referring to the people in the image. Although he wasn't sure if she would have figured so far, he wasn't sure if she herself had finished that quests and had obtained a frame of her own. Given her track record though, she most probably would have. "Do you remember Lily? I'm sure I've brought her up to you before. That's us. There was... a meteor shower. We wanted to get in a good spot to watch it when we were out on holidays together. There's a quest on the floor with the lake, where you can get a single picture of your memories. This is mine."

Edited by ChaseR

"Yeah. That's important alright."

"and to think," night exhaled with a small smile, "you nearly forgot about it."

as chase pointed towards the image in the frame, she took a closer look at it. one was identifiably her friend in question, and the other...

"What do you think of those two?"

the woman blinked. "close." the falling star especially seemed to mark it as a hallmark moment, and her thumb smoothed over the wooden frame as she continued looking. but the face; a mystery.

"Do you remember Lily? I'm sure I've brought her up to you before."

night couldn't remember anyone like that. either her memory had failed her again -- terrible, despite it getting better after the time she'd spent adventuring -- or this was simply a new name to her social lexicon. a name like that was striking enough to remember. it stuck with her, at the tip of her tongue, as she observed the image, chase explaining the story behind the photograph. the player hummed.

"you two must've been close."

and she thought nothing about the quest with the memories. barely even registered in her framework. a handing of the photograph back to chase, paired with a grin, to let him stash it away, and night turned to look around the room. had the man continued speaking about it, she would've turned to him and listened, but otherwise her gaze drifted towards where she would've expected a closet or a wardrobe to be placed at. unexpectedly missing.

a look of confusion dawned on her. "what about your clothes? need anything else to pack?"

With how Chase could fit an entire house even in his inventory, he'd never bothered with anything like wardrobes or other decorative furniture in the past. That aside, he'd gotten into the habit of never really changing out of his jacket and shorts except for when he went somewhere especially cold, and obviously with no combat encounters. He'd been blindsided a few times early on and chose to rarely take his armor off because of it.

1776400380_ChaseDBPESilentAwkward.png.3ffe22a0663b8fa6d6c798118c552c1d.png

"Aah, um... I've a pair of pyjamas I guess in my inventory if that's what you mean? I don't have too many spare clothes, but I can mix and match a bit probably... I'm too accustomed to the whole 'you don't have to change' system.", he admitted quietly and rubbed the back of his head, chuckling before ending his laughter off into a somewhat tired sigh. "Huff... I'm a bit of a mess. I didn't really... you know, expect anybody to take care of me, so I left my house and clothes kinda messy, organisation wise.", he finished and quietly looked at his pet pangolin, before over at NIGHT with furrowed brows and a slightly troubled expression. "Do... you have many spare clothes you keep for your house? Actually, how often do you even use it? Like, go over and stay and rest and all."

had night not felt bothered by the clutter in her inventory, perhaps chase's way of living would've been akin to her own. and so she nodded, understanding but somewhat baffled at her friend's sorting capabilities before turning towards the door, gesturing for the two of them to move. "no, that's fair." she'd seen a few players who, too, were a little too attached to not switching out of clothes if they could help it. cardinal had its edge perks, and better that players took advantage of them. "as long as you can maintain your way of living on your own."

and she hadn't really considered being asked that question before. unusual, that query. "most of what i've got spare's in there," she replied, leaning against a wall, arms folded. "and i sleep there most on days. returning every other night, if not otherwise. same for cooking, too, if we can find the time."

night did hum, wondering. not that she wasn't sure there were players who'd bought a house and hadn't used it -- there were bound to be all sorts in aincrad, after all. and chase had been one of the few players she knew to have pulled a feat in getting up to front level. "you? before you caught the cold, i mean."

He could keep up his life as per usual alright. It wouldn't really be a big issue to continue as per usual, he'd just have to get used to her living quarters and house layout for a bit. And that'd come with the perk of being looked after in case his condition got any worse again.

1775477593_ChaseDBPEDefault.png.191c90bc3a51c7e29daaf48891bf47ca.png"Well, I only used it to sleep back when I kept grinding on the daily. Even for food and such, I just went around the floors and bought my lunch and dinner from stalls. I made some breakfast at home, but.", he stopped himself from derailing any further and with a shake of his head, the bluehead sighed and coughed. "Nah, I used it very scarcely. Just to sleep and... I think I never actually ended up inviting people over, too.", he finished off with a sigh of defeat, shaking his head. "Anyways, I think I'm all packed up. Whenever you're ready!", Chase excitedly proclaimed, grinning at the idea of meeting DAY again after all this time.

Edited by ChaseR

"mm. got it."

she knew her way around the house, even if the tour had been short-lived. night knew of spaces and directions once she'd been through it once, and started off out of the home, holding the front entrance open for her friend. if she had any reservations with leaving the grounds, however, it was to a glance towards where she was certain the hot springs were. a half-hearted joust towards it with her thumb, and night looked to the blueberry, neutral. "won't be missing this, then?"

her shuffle over gave him some time to think and reply. "just kidding. it's likely that a hot bath every day would do the trick. and we've got a few of those, so don't worry about it."

although, she put some thought into finally pestering bistro to get her own place, rather than using her own estate as a mini-warehouse. night turned to the view as she strolled, before looking towards chase. "hey, is it just me, or did the floor's appearance change while i wasn't looking?"

Chase was about to joke about stealing hot water from her with a remark around the lines of "You have a bath, don't you?", but she said it herself, and meant it too. Once again, Chase was very happy to see yet another joke turned into additional hospitality. Very well then!

"708631835_ChaseDBPESilentSmile.png.9e6d86e4f0b560b57c5f331cee3ac965.pngAye, expect an empty water reserve, if there even is one then!", he warned her ahead of time and then heard her next question. He quietly looked around, unsure. Had it changed? Had he just gotten too used to the 'new' floor if it had, to the point where he couldn't tell? It felt a bit darker and rougher overall, but not really too different... "I... Don't know? I don't think it has, but... I don't remember it being this way either.". Somewhat troubled, he started scratching the back of his head as he thought about it a bit. "I guess it has. Shit.", he muttered and brushed his hair with his hand. "Well. The first hasn't changed, right? From what I remember at least."

Edited by ChaseR

"empty water reserve...?" a snort. night considered how aincrad didn't enforce bills. "we should have a pipeline, if that's how cardinal works. though the game could generate infinite water if it wanted to." and remembering how things turned out at koga's party, she was certain the home would've been flooded had they not taken action afterwards...

and for what it was worth, perhaps chase really did stay in ever since the shadow incident. she winced at the thought, glancing around the ceiling of the floor. "no, the first hasn't." the twenty-first, on the other hand, remained similar in theory, but it looked like its assets had been updated. as though some other person was handed the same concept and asked to craft a different environment. she missed the crystals as they once were, in her memory. "though that's not a bad thing, given how popular the first is across all players. the day the game sees an update to it, i'll be the first to let you know."

she chuckled, because the woman had faith it wouldn't come to that. and the short walk towards the teleporter was complete within minutes, night making sure chase hadn't somehow felt woozy at their strides or inconvenienced by her pace. "the walk's alright, right? i can't guess at your constitution right now -- you really have to tell me."

It had definitely been a while since he walked a fair bit in a single day, let alone this distance at this pace. Although he found himself somewhat sort of breath, he shook his head at her and let out a low chuckle as if to settle her down however much he could. "Yeah, don't worry. I haven't gotten any dizzy spells this time.", he teased, hoping she would see through it and not start worrying about the 'this time' part too much.

1423229135_ChaseDBPEHappy.png.4e249349948f0863d4b0569db2b97675.pngChase really did appreciate her reassuring words too though, even if he didn't comment on them right away. This definitely wasn't the first time he thanked her today, and it probably wouldn't be the last either. Not in a while at least. "Thanks for everything again. If there's anything you need help with, just let me know. Even if I can't do my best right now, I'll try whatever I can to spare you any effort I can.", the bluehead informed his friend, but it was probably unnecessary to say that. They were the equivalent of one another's sword and shield in times of need since Chase managed to catch up, and a while before then. At least before he fell behind again. It wasn't long before they had teleported over to the first, and he started with a deep inhale of the fresh, finally not humid air. On its own, it helped him feel a little bit more refreshed. "It's been a while.", he muttered under his own breath and looked over to NIGHT, grinning. "Lead the way, boss."

"this time?" so had there been others? even as she'd wanted to bring it up again, her words only got cut off by chase's appreciation for her concern. night shook her head at the notion of pay back. "no, don't worry about that. we're just looking out for each other is all." and the man's spirit was admirable, something the player felt she could get behind as she gave him a determined nod. they would see his condition better to its end, if they were lucky.

upon the first, nothing much had changed since she'd left. but it was good watching her friend appear to warm to the city, figure seeming to loosen up. night shot him a small smile, before taking her start down the stairs.

their walk was short; that towering estate spotted in the distance, as other buildings parted way for its view. through the gate and a twisted knob -- cardinal knew her identity, but the system was the one to greet her with a cry.

"oh, welcome back!"

"hey, you."

there day was, sitting idle at the dining table, a distance away from the front door. no hood on whilst relaxing, a cup of ice cream in her hands -- night had the urge to ask where she'd gotten it from, before remembering she had an introduction to make to the household. without missing a beat, lips pulled to a half-grin, she thought it funny to add with a further push of the door, "i'm keeping another one." and in the light of the sun, her figure partially a silhouette, she moved to reveal chase from behind her, looking only slightly worse for wear.

it didn't bother the construct any, though. once the door was closed behind the players, day had already set down her dessert and gulped down the spoonful in her mouth, legs swung away from the table, kicking in excitement. "oh, really?! chase, i hadn't seen you in a while! hey!! how're things with you?"

then the entity paused as night stepped towards the dining hall, the latter gesturing for their friend to enter. blue eyes settled upon the home owner, curious. "wait. did you just say he's going to be staying over?"

"only until he feels better," night returned with a shrug. "has some case of a cold or something." a tilted head, and the woman continued to speculate further. "maybe allergies? no... i don't think that's it."

"oh, oh! let me see!"

When they'd eventually arrived at the estate, Chase smiled upon hearing DAY's voice. When the door opened, he chuckled out of excitement and walked in with a grin from ear to ear. "It's been rough, but I'm hanging in there! It's been so-", he was about to start ranting, but another few coughs threw him off. Maybe he was overdoing it for his current condition, trying to get louder than he ought to.

1692759513_ChaseDBPESilentAwkward.png.aa4e338f7b932468916eb62e4aea5cde.pngNIGHT seemed to have said all that needed to be said, with the boy nodding his head to her explanation, until she got to the whole reason of his cold. "W-Well, I don't know what's wrong. But I'm sick. Uh... somehow. I cough and sometimes raise a bit of a fever. And I'm a bit more tired all around.", he tried to explain his situation to the blonde in as least worrysome a way as possible, hearing her offer to check him up. Although he wasn't sure what DAY could do that NIGHT couldn't, he shrugged it off and gave her a nod and a small bow. "Thank you for having me over. I already thanked NIGHT but I'll be keeping you some company for the next few days it seems.", he said and looked around the house, getting used to the placement of everything. He'd been in his own so much, that he'd grown almost a complete stranger with NIGHT's. Although he almost stumbled and seemed to lose focus for a moment, he walked over to DAY and put a hand on a chair's back alongside hers. "Is it alright here? Or do you want me to lay down or something?", he asked with a slight laughter, an awkward one. "The last thing I expected I'd be missing in Aincrad are medical check-ups..."

Edited by ChaseR

"oh, hey--"

at chase's coughing fit, night was first to move to rub at his back. she wasn't sure if it would do anything for the man in aincrad, but it seemed normal a reaction given scenarios in reality. even day seemed to freeze at the sudden bout of sickness, tide pools studying the player in blue analytically.

"huh. that is a little weird..."

and night glanced to the construct, raising a brow. not that they should be playing doctor and nurse, but, "it's not a status condition or anything, is it?"

"not that i can tell..."

a hand went to chase's forehead the moment he'd started to explain his symptoms. cool skin met natural player warmth, and for a beat the trio seemed quiet. at day's slight grin, her hand pulled away, only for the entity to reveal, "yeah, i can't figure it out." she waved a hand. "i just wanted to try that out once. your temperature in-game seems within limitations, though. nothing unusual."

night pushed the thought of the failed analysis as a joke aside. "so it's not a fever." her conclusions were also brushed off with a shake of her head, remembering what she had to inform day of with their friend's arrival. "no, wait." and chase had beat her to the punch at the explanation, so she followed it up instead with her own rationale. "we can keep a better eye on his condition this way."

"yeah, that sounds good. why not?"

"well, it's not like we've got any doctors in aincrad or anything."

"definitely not."

"right, so i need you to move into my room for a bit."

"mm..."

and the construct seemed hesitant for a moment, looking chase up and down. she slid off her seat for a moment, arms tucked in and a thumb to her chin -- almost the way night did it on the occasional basis. the confirmation finally came with a hum and a nod. "as long as you don't plan on bringing your new girl back for a one night stand or anything."

with two house mates now, night only soured at the thought. her body tensed. "uh, no. definitely not..."

day was quick to steady chase at noticing him falter, despite that he'd gotten a good hold on his surroundings to support himself up. "yeah, better you find yourself on the couch while i get your room sorted out." and had the players been unfamiliar with the entity, perhaps it wouldn't sent a distress signal to cardinal, the way the construct had been quick to scoop the taller man over a shoulder -- the sight of it only made night panic, wondering if she should've been responsible in attempting to contact a game master about it.

"uh-- c-chase--"

"is there anything that sounds good for coughs...? hmm... night, you go make him some juice or something."

the player only froze like a deer caught in headlights, mouth agape.

"--then you put him down. what is it with you and..."

a shrug from the entity, before she carried their guest to the conversation pit. and as unsettled as night was, she moved to follow day's orders, fingers tapping at the fridge's menu in hopes of finding a good selection of fruits with flavours harmonious.

"until you get better, huh...?"

the entity was careful to set chase down slowly, and with a gentle gesture of her fingers, she materialized her cloak to drape it over the other player. day leaned over the side of the pit, arm upon the couch's back, looking down upon her friend. "i mean, i wouldn't complain about the company. it's not like night comes back super often any more, either." any trace of dissatisfaction was masked by the grin at the quiet mew from across the pit, a small blob of darkness shifting towards the speck of blue upon its territory. "right. and you can keep nyanko company with me, too!"

nyanko, at his name, hopped onto the couch right above chase's head, and started to take a sniff at the outsider. and once he'd decided the man wasn't a threat, glancing to day, he simmered down, tucking his paws into himself.