[F21|PP] A Late Discussion

Chase remained quiet as the gemini and the player exchanged words, quietly shifting his glances from one to another with little to add himself. "They really almost are the same in some ways...", he nodded to himself and smiled at DAY as soon as she steadied him, giving her a small laugh. "Thank you. Don't worry abo-", his words were cut short as he suddenly got picked up, his whole body tensing as he squealed. "A-Aah?!"

601125868_ChaseDBPEFreakedOut.png.e37177c3ac90d2f5cccf4e9207229339.pngFrom that point onwards, he blanked out a bit and missed out on their exchange, until he realised they were moving. He was more surprised than anything, although it wasn't like he'd been thrown on one's shoulder multiple times in the past either. "Y-Yeah, when I'm better I'll go back home.", he nodded frantically, before being quietly placed down on the couch and having her cloak put over him. Although it felt somewhat odd to be literally handled like this, it... wasn't bad. The boy quietly huddled up a bit under the cloak and gave DAY a small smile, with eyes brimming with gratefulness. "Aye, thank you. She's probably out with her girlfriend more than not, she seems to care about her a lot.", he tried to explain the situation to DAY, although there was little he could tell her that she didn't already know probably. "I've never seen her that flustered before, at least...?", a hint of curiosity when he heard what almost sounded like a cat.

No way. "H-How tiny is Nyanko?!", he said as he pushed himself up a bit, watching the tiny kitten emerge and slowly lowering himself back on the couch when it moved to right on top of him. As the familiar was registering his smell, he quietly looked at him with wide, excited eyes, and a big dumb smile. Although it seemed he'd been dismissed as a threat and in general, given Nyanko averted his gaze from him back to DAY, he quietly and slowly raised a hand from under the cloak, rubbing the top of its head with his index finger. "I-It's so cute and fluffy, oh my god..."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"she seems to care about everyone a lot," day corrected, arms folded in her half-sit upon the couch's backing, a hand extended towards nyanko. once her own fingers had been investigated by his sights, they traced over his fur, and his narrowed eyes and rumbling purr only indicated comfort despite the stranger at home. "she'll never say that aloud, though. and besides, it's not like i've seen the two of them interact to begin with." the entity swiveled her head as she paused to think back on conversations prior, coming to conclusions on chase's behalf. "i've heard stories about her, sure, but..."

another hum, the construct obviously distracted. it was only at his query towards the kitten that day turned back to watch chase shift from his lain position. and the familiar sat patiently, unperturbed by the gentleness of their touch both. if anything, he seemed to bristle with pride -- almost as though welcoming the idea of being placed at the center of attention after a long time.

"how tiny? well, he's practically stuck at the age of like, what -- five weeks old? though he doesn't act like it." day beamed, listening to the familiar mewl aloud at the stature of his size. "small enough to fit in your pocket. and brave enough to stand up to dangerous and unfamiliar threats, isn't that right, nyanko?"

uncharacteristically, the feline paused in his purring, pulling away from the two for a moment to turn to day with his eyes cracked open, green slits for his sights. though, despite his apparent fury, the kitten was still tiny, and hence all day could help was a stifled giggle, the familiar shaking from smallness.

"okay, okay. i got it. hey, night -- is that juice ready yet?"

"if you want it sooner, get over here and help me with it...!"

"aww, c'mon!" and the entity stuck out her tongue, turning towards the kitchen. through the dividing wooden poles, she could spot the player messing with the blender. "nah; you've got this covered, i'm sure. it's good to practice being in the kitchen on your own, isn't it? 'cause you gotta impress someone--'"

"shut up, day!!"

and the latter doubled backwards, laughing.

Chase stiffened a bit upon being corrected by DAY, as though he was being scolded. It went without saying though that NIGHT cared for everyone. If she didn't, then neither of her 'guests' would be in her house right now, let alone staying over. "A-Aye, I mean, of course she cares about everyone. I think that's a given."

287391821_ChaseDBPEDefault.png.582dfe927bb4ceeab40b17e484793e1e.pngAlthough the conversation steered towards gossip for a moment before DAY switched the topic of the conversation to Nyanko, the blueberry didn't usually show interest in such talks. Then again, he'd been out of the loop for so long, he'd take any conversation he could. "You sound like you don't trust her girlfriend too much. She said she's a tank, how bad could the 'stories' have been anyways?", he asked with a slightly raised eyebrow and a low chuckle, curiosity written all over his face and voice. And then came the ordinary Married Couple™ segment of NIGHT and DAY shouting back and forth at each other.

He couldn't really help but grin and even laugh at their interaction, although it ended in another small coughing fit. Thank god he was in a game, because in real life, he was sure his throat would have been out of it a long time now. "I appreciate you staying here to look after me instead of going to help NIGHT. P-Poor her though.", he said and lifted himself a bit, looking at the rogue in the kitchen and sighing. As he did, Blizz peered his head in from the couch's leg, purring softly and looking over at the cat with a tilted head and his little arms quietly in the front as though looking around. He climbed onto the couch's arm and looked at the blonde, giving her an empty stare, quietly.

Edited by ChaseR

the entity chuckled at chase's alertness. "why so tense? --though, even knowing that she does care for others, it's usually better to pretend that she doesn't. at least, that seems to be the case with interacting with her, anyway."

"You sound like you don't trust her girlfriend too much. She said she's a tank, how bad could the 'stories' have been anyways?"

to that, day hesitated for a moment, eyes settled on a part of the couch. a small laughter, with nyanko looking over the construct -- a brief exchange of glances and they both knew of the unspoken issue. so she hummed, processes running the best way to phrase her explanation, while keeping in mind tiptoeing around the tiny kitten's grievances against herself. "well..."

her voice lowered, trying to keep the conversation quiet. "you should've seen her the moment she got back from their first date. night was shaking all over -- and i hadn't seen that on her ever since..." then she bit her tongue, the familiar shuffling away from the entity, and day sighed in lieu of his response. a shake of her head. "that, and the tournament afterwards -- apparently they were slated to spar against each other, and koga had to send her home for that one. she was only so lucky to have won, so..."

blue eyes turned towards a corner of the room, day sitting in silence as she heard the player approach from behind them. just in time, too, for another bout of coughing from chase. night was carrying a tray, carafe filled with three empty cups; the red liquid within was of watermelon juice. "warm," she stated, setting the tray down on the table nearby, before shooting a look towards the entity. "don't sit like that. you're going to break the couch."

"oh, i highly doubt that. and any way, i'm sure i can make up for it."

"with what col...? mine?"

as night poured each of the residents a glass, day busied herself with noticing chase's familiar. a grin and a reach downwards -- she made sure blizz wanted to be carried upwards first with a soft query ("aw, hey there little guy...!") and an offered pair of hands, before pulling him to her lap. the construct's thumb ran over delicate scales, with her other hand trying to support the pangolin up in a comfortable position.

their host merely rolled her eyes at the sight, once she was done with the drinks, half grinning. "well, i didn't know this house just became a petting zoo." and an offering of refreshments -- "give it a taste," she directed towards chase. "it shouldn't be too sweet. i'd made it a little diluted just in case."

and at the mention of their player-now-butler, night huffed, turning to day. "yeah, poor me."

"what--?"

"even chase agrees that you should've helped out."

"oh, c'mon!" despite her protesting, her hands were still visibly petting blizz, an index gently rubbing at his head. "you handled it yourself just fine. if anyone's supposed to be pitied, chase is the one with the sickness, not us!"

night blinked twice, before sighing, relenting. and the player took a spot on the couch with a glass in her hands. "you know, she's got a point. you're the one dealing with the coughing."

"at least we're not in poor health," day added. "so you'd better hurry up and recover. even if it takes us a while to make sure you do; we'll do it."

Chase only tensed up more upon hearing DAY explain how shaken NIGHT was that day, quietly trying to collect himself as they both noticed the player returning. Although with a slightly uncomfortable look, he tried to not show much to the rogue, being her houseguest for the time. A more grateful smile just took over, although faintly.

1626189100_ChaseDBPESilentAwkward.png.ea071c9b00195beed9aa9cdbb75c3635.png"H-Hey, if something happens to the couch, I can help fix it. Although I haven't heard of a furniture breaking in SAO...", he grumbled and accepted the drink with a grin, which slowly became more awkward as they talked about how sick he was, looking to the side and chuckling lowly. "A-Are you both warming me up to something?", he asked and took a sip, feeling as though they were trying to get on his soft side to reveal some news. Not to say he didn't appreciate the treatment and care for him, but... he wasn't really used to it, honestly. It might have been the closest thing he had to his family and friendship with Lily since coming into SAO, and he cherished the both of them for it.

"We still don't know why I'm sick or how to get rid of it.", he quietly continued and looked down at the floor, while Blizz purred at the petting from DAY and had let out a small noise at NIGHT's comment about her house being a petting zoo. "The drink is good, by the way. Thank you.", he shifted his focus to NIGHT and smiled, before taking another sip. Blueberry was definitely bothered by the whole sickness ordeal, but there was little to do but hang in there and wait. "Ah, and if you need anything, please let me know. I won't push myself too much but I want to help in any which way I can. Both of you, yeah?"

"H-Hey, if something happens to the couch, I can help fix it. Although I haven't heard of a furniture breaking in SAO..."

despite the low volume of his voice, day had heard it cleanly, gesturing to chase as he pointed out that fact. "yeah, i'm pretty sure they don't, either."

"huh?"

and the conversation passed over it, swiftly. night turned to chase, on the topic of his coughs, slightly solemn. "well, it's not like i've heard of anyone else in aincrad getting sick to begin with, chase." the player winced, considering the implications behind that statement. "so that's how it could look dire."

"but on the bright side."

day leaned in, hands to steady herself, allowing blizz to take a more comfortable position without the construct's guidance. "it's not like we've seen an illness responsible for a player's death in aincrad, either."

"really?" night looked over her shoulder, meeting her doppel's eyes as if to confirm, before taking a sip of her juice as the latter nodded to her with confidence.

"the danger of it is likely in being careful while chase is sick." the entity started to baby his familiar once again. "which shouldn't be a problem, given that he's only going to be staying with us -- uh, me -- at home."

and the player rolled her eyes, slightly distraught at the correction. "hey. i still live here..."

"well, you could've fooled me."

a grumble from night, before the two turned back to chase. "i can have bistro look into any records of lethargy from her intel. though i doubt it'll turn up fruitful."

"Ah, and if you need anything, please let me know. I won't push myself too much but I want to help in any which way I can. Both of you, yeah?"

"you can help us by resting up," day chided back, with a smile. "and if you ever feel like heading out, just make sure you've got someone along with you. myself, if not night --" and the entity shot her other a look, "-- because she's busy."

"don't put it like that."

Chase flinched with NIGHT's truthful statement, remaining quiet for a bit. Although her gemini was quick to go right to the bright side of things, it still was somewhat worrysome when put that way. Even more so if he took a moment to process that the rogue too, had been hoarding information the same way Bistro and partially he had been.

1530711796_ChaseDBPEHappy.png.cb17d8a70787a19ec7e11ce19f5128c4.pngThere was little he could add with how he'd been since getting sick, so he just quietly watched the two interact and gave a nod at the end. His familiar on the other hand wasn't anywhere near as quiet, enjoying DAY's petting and doing his best to cuddle her, but it wasn't really distracting, at least for the blueberry. "Aye... Thank you again.", he quietly said after a while and gave a small smile, with one of his eyes getting a bit watery before he wiped it quickly with his hand. 

"So it'd be just like that time...", Chase reminisced back to the two-day volcano expedition when he had used NIGHT's- no DAY's help to kill the Cerberus, although completely unbeknownst to him until after the fact. Her company was nice and endearing, plus she was a bit more talkative than the 'real one'. He took another sip of his drink and let out a heavy sigh, looking down at the pangolin. "NIGHT's pretty strong too. DAY keeps poking her but she's just rolling her eyes and moving on.", his inner ramblings continued, and they did enough to distract him from the fact he was losing focus and getting a bit shaky.

He stayed like so, dazed for a good minute or so before snapping back to reality and giving them a grin. "I appreciate you both for looking out for me like I'm family.", he added and took another small sip from his drink before placing it down on the table next to him. "I... think I'm getting a bit tired."

"oh?"

and night was quick to move first, setting her drink down before rising. she shot glance to day, who was clueless at the notice, and the player clicked her tongue in return.

"is there anything in your room that needs to be cleared out?"

"not that i know of," the entity admitted, but spurred to life at that query. careful hands wrapped around the familiar in her lap as she sung a cheerful song ("alright blizz~! we gotta make way so i can get up now~") and the woman slid off the couch, just as night began to saunter over to the stairs with the tray of refreshments in her hand.

"then i'll prep the bed."

"yeah, yeah~"

a walk over to chase, and day wrapped the man in her cloak. it made sense why night would've left her alone with their new house guest, seeing as she hadn't had trouble carrying him before; in a crude way, that expectation had to be an example of service. but for his sake, with what little agency he had left, perhaps chase should've been given the chance to exercise it. day extended her hand towards him, helping the player up.

"c'mon. better start breaking in the bed now than later, to get it cozy." the woman grinned, as blizz plodded by her steps. "just hold onto me, and i'll make sure you won't fall. ah-- fair warning that the room doesn't look cozy, however. it's... kind of plain. i hope that's okay."

Blizz seemed absolutely ecstatic at the fact he was being babied, considering he'd spent all this time with Chase, plus the boy never went to such lenghts. Just went to prove though, the pangolin could grow a liking, hell, love even to anyone that did him justice.

1287178292_ChaseDBPESilentAwkward.png.b795dc764f7a6b373f8a2cd129050fd3.pngBlueberry on the other hand, did his best to get up and gave a small, tired smile to DAY. Maybe too tired out of nowhere, for how he seemed upon entering. "Thank you.", and with that they started making way for the guest room. With a few small beads of sweat starting to form on Chase's face, his breathing got a bit heavier and his grip seemingly weaker as they approached the guest room. And just through the doorway for it, he stopped in place and squeezed DAY's hand a bit tightly, wincing as if he was getting hurt. "F-Fuck...", he muttered quietly and looked to the side at the blonde construct with a worn and pained expression. "Lay me dow-", he stopped with a louder groan, shutting both his eyes tightly.

"wha-- chase?!"

she knew the player had been slowly growing weaker the closer with each step taking up the stairs. the pain tolerance, the construct hadn't minded. and part of her was wondering if her processes had miscalculated the proper action to take by the time they'd gotten to the top. when night finally stepped out the room, gesturing to the open door, it was then that their friend started to buckle, and the woman decided to scoop him up entirely.

the player could only step aside, trying her best not to balk. like a knight, she thought. always the knight.

day moved fast, gestures precise; enough to not cause chase any more discomfort through the world shifting alone. through the door, the room was as plain as she'd stated; one window at the far wall, now pushed open by night for circulation of air internally. to the left was a white bed that looked seemingly unused; the sheets had been drawn down in a miracle of foresight from the player that was just here. the entity settled him down, calm, resting his head on the pillow almost untouched, and draped the blankets over his form, eyes searching for any trace of a reason to his pain.

but she didn't find any. how curious.

back outside, all night could do was watch the plodding pangolin climb up the stairs a little too large and steep for his size. had she followed in immediately, perhaps she wouldn't have noticed blizz; instead, she lowered herself to the ground and offered the tiny creature two hands outstretched. "hey, c'mere," was her order, unfamiliarity with how to handle someone else's pet showing through. and how did day carry the little guy, again? "your owner's inside, if you want to see him."

upon scooping the tiny guy up, however (to as much a struggle as blizz put up for the woman), day shuffled outside with a hand on the door frame. her lips were pressed tight against each other.

"huh? what's wrong?"

"... stomach ache, nausea. we're going to need a lot more in the room than just some drinks and a bed, night."

the player sombered, releasing a breath. "i get that." to blizz, she started to speak, making her way into the room. "c'mon. let's get you inside first."

if the world seemed like a couple of flashes for chase in his struggle to cope, he would've at least heard his familiar being set down beside him, the image of night over his figure before turning to day to speak about his condition. "he'd figured it was something like a cold," she explained, before the two of them started on their way downstairs. and in the next light, the drinks on the desk at the right of the room had been pushed back on the wood to make space for a warm bath filled with heat crystals; towelets wrung dry, two of them were offered placed upon their player. one of them was on chase's forehead. the other, day pressed into the man's hand, before motioning at his track suit.

"here," she said, "press this one to your abdomen. see if it helps."

Everything was blurry, blending together and Chase was starting to have trouble telling what was going on, as though he was on a different speed from his surroundings. Slower, much slower. The next thing he knew was that he was on the bed, and his entire body felt heavier, be it from exhaustion or the blanket.

1858350204_ChaseDBPEDefault.png.f7d685c21cfd060281d03f4ede4e7764.pngBlizz had ended up next to him, looking at the vanguard quietly and plopping down next to him, with his two claws in front of himself, watching his master patiently. "Where's..?", he tried asking for NIGHT, but in what seemed like a blink, DAY was next to him. The towel on his forehead almost felt like it was pinning him down, and his eyelids grew heavier. He felt the wet towelet placed in his hand, slowly putting whatever strength he could into his arm to pull it under the blanket, pressing it on his right side under his jacket and shirt. A discomforted groan followed as he shifted under the sheets a bit, but he tried to compose himself. 

"NIGHT, where is sh-... She?", he clenched his eyes again and went quiet for a moment, coughing a bit. "It hurts. It's not-", he paused himself to inhale shakily, trying to hold back any other grunts to help be more understandable. "It's physical. Not SAO.", he did his best to explain with an uncomfortable frown on his face, his entire form stiffening. "My right side.", he finished and looked at DAY, before trying his best to scan the room for the rogue. Chase already knew that he was functioning too poorly due to his condition, but he didn't expect something like this to completely throw him out of orbit.

Although not much was visible, he shifted his hands a bit under the sheets and took his right arm out of the blanket, opening his inventory and taking out the jar he'd shown to NIGHT earlier. Thankfully, it plopped next to him on the bed, and Blizz immediately eyed it before losing interest and looking back at him. "For if he's worrying.", he finished and gave the pangolin a small smile before wincing and jumped slightly in pain, before he slowly laid himself back down and tried to keep his breathing steady.

"she's downstairs making porridge," day returned, watching the man struggle in his new bed. "it'll be warm. even if you can't eat it now, we can always save it for later."

and at his explanation, the construct sighed, considering. out of their realm meant a problem that was out of reach, despite knowing what they did about aincrad's limiters, neurosensory disruptions and the idea that their play wasn't going to be interrupted by whatever was happening in real life.

a defect in the nerve gear? say it wasn't so. yet here chase was, struggling with pain that felt more tangible than dampened. at best, the entity could only look on, wondering what best she could to do to help her friend.

well, at the summoning of the berry snacks, day figured she could do that much. a pop of the lid open once it was taken into her arms, and a piece taken out before capping it shut. even if blizz wasn't paying attention to the treat, it still helped if the familiar was on her lap with it offered to his side, and so she carried the pangolin there out of comfort.

strangely enough, if not for the familiar's own sake, then perhaps...

it was night that came upstairs with nyanko after a few minutes. all day could afford in the mean time was contemplation, thumb rubbing the inside of chase's palm, the entity uncharacteristically quiet. a small thermos set to the side, set down at its base on the desk with her fingers off the handle -- in her other hand, the tiniest voidling sat curious in his examination of their wounded house guest.

if he clambered off, it was to climb up to day's chair, sharing a spot with blizz as the familiar attempted to comfort its own kin.

"i just sent a message to bistro. but prospects don't seem good," night commented, pulling up a white stool from the corner of the room. "how's he doing?"

"... he just said it was from outside the game," day stated, barely finding strength to look over her shoulder.

"it could be. we're not sure yet."

"well, i should be the one to say if it was within the context of the game."

the player found herself wincing, and she wasn't sure if it was pity for chase or for day. "there are some things you just don't know about, either. hey."

"well i think i..."

a sorrowful scoff, day's voice trailing as her gaze went back to chase. "no. none of that's going to help us any time soon." and the look to their friend instead was out of desperation, even if the blueberry couldn't see it. night pulled herself closer to the bedside, hesitant, attempting to be quiet.

"well?" the construct's hold was tighter on her friend's hand; not enough to hurt. "is there anything we could do take your mind off the pain for a bit?"

Blizz quietly looked at the snack and grabbed it with his little hands, clawing at it while keeping his eyes right on Chase throughout. Once he'd chipped a part of it off, he grabbed it with his tongue and took it to his mouth, continuing to watch. He turned around to look at DAY and NIGHT almost argue, before turning his attention to Nyanko. He seemed a bit calmer, but still somewhat put off.

Blue's grunts and groans continued alongside his uncomfortable shifting around, but he tried his best to not be too loud about it, knowing everybody was on edge because of him. With everything blurring together, all he could tell was that they were talking and his hand was being held. What felt like being stabbed kept on going, and he'd seemingly lost focus on his environment until his hand was squeezed by DAY. He slowly turned his eyes to her, giving a small shake of his head and putting on a faint smile. "N-No. Just don't fight. Please."

With his plea came a squeeze back at her hand, before he coughed and winced again, gritting his teeth and trying to ignore it. Chase would love to know what the hell was happening to him himself, but he was rather preoccupied with trying to hang in there for now. "Sorry about this.", he filled in after a short while with his eyes getting watery.

He wanted to propose heading over to NIGHT's as a joke initially, then she offered to take care of him and he took her up on it. He didn't want to burden her this much though, especially off the bat. Maybe if he hadn't even texted her today though, he'd be in a much worse spot right now, on his own with nothing to do but power through it. Despite tears welling up in his eyes, he lifted his gaze to NIGHT and while still pained, his expression was that of gratefullness. He'd spent most of his time with DAY, and past their conversation at first, hadn't really spoken much to the rogue. Not that he could now, but... hopefully this would do. "Thank you."

"we're not..." day had wanted to rebuke, but with chase in his current condition, even she knew the man wasn't fit for a rebuttal. and so, at night's hushing, pulling the entity's attention to the player's visage, she didn't need to have seen the finger placed on her original's lips to have known not to continue.

the two quietly watched on, just as the pain began to grip their friend again. a pressure back from day upon their grip -- even his apology seemed to slip out of him in an agonized manner. it was difficult not to feel for the man, from an artificial being or otherwise, and the two only winced in response at every starting cough.

night was the one who sat up from her hunched, lounging position, arms folded. and though plans were beginning to take shape at the back of her mind for some sort of contingency, some sort of solution, it was only at chase's gaze towards herself that she raised her own sights to capture him in her vision.

"Thank you."

"don't even think twice about mentioning it," she responded, giving her friend a curt nod. and to her secondary, night turned, trying to keep her cool. "we should give him some rest, i think. he looks tired."

"he is tired."

"all the more reason..."

as the player's voice trailed off, her immediate attention went to the familiars, her kitten facing her with large eyes almost mystique. and, to nyanko, she gave her orders -- "you'll keep watch over him for us, won't you?"

the cat was unmoved, until day finally spoke up, a hand rubbing the fur of the feline. "they say cats and their purrs have a healing property in the real world. something about frequencies; it'll give him something comforting to listen to as he falls asleep."

if night had on a wry expression, it was in knowing the cat was warming up to her housemate more than his original owner. and the peep afterwards all but confirmed it, the player rolling her eyes with half a smile.

nyanko pounced his way onto the bed, light and careful not to shake the mattress hard for chase's discomfort. and even at his hurt, the kitten only paused to check on his behaviour before moving forward once again. his weight should've felt like nothing, the small familiar situated calmly, paws tucked in beneath his body in a sit, and he started to chime in with a delicate rumble, gaze faced towards the open window, eyes narrowed close.

and the player wondered if blizz was going to be okay with the two of them -- nyanko and chase -- alone.

"well, we'll leave you to it," night began, though it was only a decent excuse for her to reach her alchemist at the earliest convenience. with a motion to day, the latter reluctant to let go, the construct turned to chase, expression written with concern, before rising from her seat after setting her friend's hand to his side comfortably.

"okay..."

the entity passed her, and the player set a hand on her shoulder as the former did. "don't worry too much about it," was all she could offer the distraught doppel, before turning to chase on her way out. "make sure to rest up, okay? contact us if you need anything. or-- bother nyanko. or blizz? we'll just be downstairs, though i need to head out for a bit. i won't be gone for long if you need either of us, promise."

night felt that same reluctance her mirror did in stepping out of the room. with the soundscape only filled with laboured breathing and a low purr, looking back in seeing her friend bedridden and struggling, it took all of the player's effort despite the sight to close the door shut, knowing that at least, in privacy, chase could rest with some peace of mind.

Chase grinned slightly at NIGHT thanking him, happy that he wasn't being a thorn in her side. Right now, he could probably rest, and a bit easier at that. His vision, his hearing all started to blur out again before he got snapped back to reality by the feeling of Nyanko landing near him. He gave him a small smile when he began to purr, still wincing from the occasional pain but trying his best not to be too loud about it.

1275957445_ChaseDBPESickSmile.png.c6388ed0dd28ea888130884421a3c6a4.pngHe realised that the two were leaving the room and tried to put on a grin, nodding to NIGHT's offer and accepting it without putting up much resist or anything. "Aye.", and so, the two left. Chase couldn't really be bothered to open his eyes again after that. With the relaxing purring from Nyanko, his exhaustion just growing more and more and Blizz quietly shuffling closer to snuggle his owner, his smile slowly faded into a tired frown, and he was promptly asleep. Throughout his rest though, the pain didn't seem to go away any. Although he didn't wake up, he continued to shuffle around and struggle in his bed, having trouble putting up with the amount of strain on his abdomen.Things wouldn't get too much better as time went on either, at least not immediately, with him waking up the next day just to eat, drink water and move his body around a tiny bit so he wouldn't get any cramps. The pain persisted though, and prevented him from catching any real rest. The day after, the pain was starting to subside although the fever still seemed to be weighing him down a fair bit. With him sweating throughout and having a minor headache, he still felt his body heavy and weak, hardly able to get up and pace around the bed's side for a while, as well as occasionally head for the living room with the help of DAY or NIGHT to break up the monotony of his stay so far. It seemed though, like they had to take it easy and just simmer down for a short while, until whatever this was had run its course.