[F27-PP] Apparitions Walk The Earth

it was one thing to say she didn't believe in ghosts. it was another to have seen a banshee multiple times and try to deny its existence. and slaying ghouls and spectres should've counted for something to the adventurer. even moreso was seeing a visage of an apparition and trying to pin it down as something more than a group hallucination.

what made a ghost?

night always believed she had one living in her home. it made it hard to stay, now that she found an abode elsewhere. and yet, ever the soul wanting to scratch at scabs, she played the idea over and over again in her mind. couldn't place her finger on what made it feel off.

when she got to her feet, night released a sigh. it was late, and she shouldn't have been seeing trouble falling asleep. so... why was she? on one of the evenings she hadn't been at nari's, she merely forced herself out her bed, shambling to the twenty-seventh to see it for herself.

on her lonesome.

the message she was supposed to send was to her other, just in case something went awry. instead, distracted by the fact that some other player was still awake, still online, she decided to send her friend the missive instead -- out of curiosity, rather than of warning.

to: hirru

night: ?
night: y r u up
night: cant sleep?

50fiI3R.png | NIGHT
 | Lv. 136 >> P. 104, Lv. 32
 | Status: //

Notes:
 //

Spoiler

NIGHT | HP: 1060/1060 | EN: 144/144 | DMG: 21 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY/FLN: 16 | LD: 5 | BH: 55 | Stealth Rating: 6

equipped

• oathkeeper.
    FLN II, HLY II (16)
  • Tracksuit of Unfathomable Fashionability
    MIT (24), LM II
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    ACC II, EVA II

battle-ready inventory

• Jack's Executioner
    BLIGHT (32, -20MIT), BLEED (48), FROSTBITE (40, -1ACC), STATIC (40, 24 SPLASH)

skills

Spoiler

mod count: 5/7

• 2HSS | RANK 5/5
    • focus, stamina, precision
    • shift: aoe
  • CLOTH ARMOR | RANK 5/5
    • athletics, nimble
  • COMBAT MASTERY: DMG | RANK 3/3
  • SEARCHING | RANK 4+1/5
    • reveal
  • BATTLE HEALING | RANK 5/5
  • ENERGIST
  • FAMILIAR: PROFESSION
  • QUICK CHANGE
  • CHARGE
  • EXTENDED MOD LIMIT

extra

1. SURVIVAL
  2. CONCENTRATION
  3. HIDING
    • blindside, untraceable, vanish, surprise attack-t

buffs

Spoiler

statue

• BIALAS | +TAUNT
  • MOTHRA | +1 EN Recovery
  • TANOS | +25 MIT
  • MORETSUNA | +50 HP
  • OROCHI | +1 LD
  • KUMATETSU | +1 DMG

consumables

1. - - -
  2. - - -

paragon

• Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 15% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +1 LD to looting.

sword arts

Spoiler

en cost matches multiplier unless stated otherwise. shift underlined.

• ST | x12 -> x15 | x20
  • AOE | x15 -> x18
  • TECH-A | x12 | STUN | 13EN
  • TECH-B | x12 | DELAY
  • TECH-D | x12 | SHATTER
  • TECH-G | x12 | BURN

misc.

Spoiler

housing

• Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

gathering

• Greenhouse
    | +2 G.EXP, +1 CD&LD to gathering attempts.
  • Familiar: Profession
    | +2 G.EXP
  • Demeter's Cornucopia
    | +1 CD to gathering attempts. 

What is it that we fight for?  A question that many have to ask themselves through out their lives.  Some only have to question it once and are set for life; while others have to repeat the question to make sure that they're on the right path.  Does their answer ever change, and if so, does it feel wrong?  What is the right answer and what is the wrong one?  The choices one makes can not be taken back, so to repeat the question after committing the action, would that not be akin to doubting or regretting the decision made previously.  Would you still choose the same decision, when you've seen the results, and regret them?

Hirru sat in the grassy knoll where a few humans and dwarves were breaking ground, and plowing their fields.  He made sure to not be in the way as they worked, but his attention was still set to the book that sat in his lap.  A leather bound book strapped together in leather bindings.  On the cover, in golden lettering, sat the title of the book "What We Fight For".  This was a quest line that Hirru was looking for, for so long.  It was meant to show the player an instance of themselves, or something along those lines.  He had heard about it from several people, but never really found it himself.  It nearly drove him to madness, quite some time ago.  So to now have the key to the quest in his hands, he was.. hesitant.  He couldn't seem to find the strength to open the cover, to read further.  Even the quest window didn't show anything, except..

<<Finish the Book>>

It was then that a sudden message would come up.  It startled him to the point of nearly throwing the book onto the rough earth.  He looked on to find that it was from NIGHT, of all people.  She seemed to be curious as to why he was awake at this time.  Hirru was curious at the question to look upon the time himself.

"Oh.. it's really late."

Looking back to the message, he would send a quick response back.

To NIGHT:

Good Evening!  I could ask you the same.  I've been contemplating some things lately.  I guess it has been keeping me up more than it should.

Hirru Stats:

Spoiler

Hirru | HP: 920/920 | EN: 104/104 | DMG: 1 | MIT: 122 | BH: 46 | HLY BLS: 36 | MENDING: 2 | REC: 8 | THRNS: 36

Hirru Lvl 32 (PL 58)

920 HP (+220 PL)
104 Energy (+22 PL)
1 Base Damage
5% Battle Healing
8 Recovery
122 Mitigation
32 Thorns
4% Holy Blessing
20% Life Mend

Equipment

Paladin's Oath ..................... // +4% Holy Blessing / +20% Life Mending
Light's Embrace .................... // +8 Recovery / 32 Thorns
Bulwark ............................ // +72 Mitigation
Blades Cloak ....................... // Vanity
Lun'Rael's Insignia ................ // Unique Vanity |
Fates Armament (Shield) ............ // Unique Vanity | 
Dimensional Backpack ............... // +1 B.R.I Slot

Battle Ready Inventory

<Teleportation Crystal> x5 ......... // Teleport to a town / out of a dungeon [Uses 2 posts: 1 for use, next to teleport]
<Favor of the Golden Dragon> ....... // +3 Loot Die
<Betrayal of the Fallen Knight> .... // +12 Damage
<Mass HP Recovery Crystal> x5 ...... // +10% AOE Heal
<Empty>
<Empty>

Skills

Heavy Armor ........................ // Rank 5: +35 MIT
Battle Healing ..................... // Rank 5: +5% HP each turn
Search ............................. // Rank 5: +5 Loot Die / +5 Stealth Detection
Quick Change ....................... // Rank 0: Switch equipment as free action / 5 turn cooldown

Extra Skills (Max 4)

First Aid .......................... // Rank 5: +20% ST-H / -15 EN
Leadership ......................... // Rank 5: Command the Front w/ Buffs

Skill Mods / Addons (Max 5 Mods)

Iron Skin (Add on) ................. // +15 Mit / +60 HP
Field Medic (Add on) ............... // +25% AOE-H / -15 EN / 3 turn Cooldown
Hyperactive (Add on) ............... // +3 EN Regen for 3 turns / -5 EN / 3 turn Cooldown

Reveal (Add on)..................... // +2 to Dungeon, Labyrinth searches / Post 10 searches / 3 turn Labyrinth Cooldown

Barrier ............................ // -15% Dmg shield AOE / -15 EN / 2 turn Cooldown
Energize ........................... // +8 EN ST / -10 EN
Steadfast .......................... // +1 ACC AOE, -1 ACC self / -6 EN / 3 turn Cooldown
Press The Attack ................... // +(Target Tier) Dmg, -(Cumulative)Dmg / -10 En / 5 turn Cooldown

Detect ............................. // +1 to Labyrinth searches | +2 Stealth Detect

Housing Buffs

Rested ............................. // -1 EN for 2 uses
Relaxed ............................ // OOC HP regen 5*tier Rec EN after 2 turns
Filling ............................ // Increase food by +1 T1 slot
Multipurpose ....................... // +1 LD, Stealth, Dection, or Prosperity to 1 post
Practiced Angler ................... // +2 EXP & +1 LD & CD to attempts

Edited by Hirru

night: ?
night: u wanna talk abt it?
night: out atm, cld use the company
night: f27, ronbaru teleport plaza if u wanna join
night: not obligated tho

the player sighed upon sending those messages out. because part of her hadn't meant to intrude nor invite hirru to where she was going, but likewise, she knew there was fear to be approaching a ghost (not real!) alone. and in the same vein, she did wonder what was keeping the man awake; part of her was hoping it was more insight to what he thought of the recent boss fight and the state of the other players, though it was just as welcome that it wasn't. night knew enough about expectations from others not to impose it, even if she had her own hopes for what they might be talking about.

the woman also wondered if he'd been out on an excursion or otherwise -- after all, night was the one who clambered out of her own chambers before checking her friends list in the first place. for what little extra worth it did, her final addition to the man was this:

night: would b good to take a short walk to clear ur head if ur still in bed or smth

Hirru: Well, what a coincidence.
Hirru: I'm already there. 
Hirru: Just in the northern providence, so I'll be there in a few minutes.

After sending the messages, the hunter stood up from the mound of dirt that he had made his perch, for the time.  He was only there to help some of the villagers with the Earth Elementals that were causing trouble nearby, as they claimed more territory for themselves.  Quite odd for these elementals to be acting so different from each other.  It may be a regional difference, or something along those lines.  The climate and environment is causing varying effects to come out of each elemental being that he saw on this floor.  So far, it was the Wood Elementals, that would keep their distance from someone, as long as the trees were not disturbed.  These Earth Elementals were not as passive.  If one were to get anywhere near their garden, they would snap and rain hell upon the trespasser.  With the bulky stature and aggressive nature, it's wise not to engage against this mob alone.  Especially when Hirru only had his Tech skills, with RAW being his only damage dealer.  Though, it was enough to be a presence, it seemed, as no elemental would come to attack the people.  Especially as the night came.

Following a set path back down to the Ronbaru region, the hunter would find himself in the main settlement after dodging past a few of the Water Elementals.  There was some rain that poured in from the western storm lands, which made the little blobs frenzy.  He didn't want to get in the middle of those, so he mostly ran for it.  He had all the battle healing and holy blessings to heal himself back up, if he was hit.  Though, he wasn't an evasion artist, so a few hits would splash against his armor.  Not that it did much regardless.

After slowing down to a walk once more, the hunter found himself in the main hub town of Ronbaru, Ronbaru!  Totally unimaginative, but Hirru wasn't here to question town names.  Taking his helmet off, he would go to the teleporter, where a certain figure cloaked in black would probably be waiting.

"Sorry to keep you waiting."

northern? if only night could remember the locales better, despite having visited these lands most frequently in recent memory. and she sent back an acknowledgement, deciding to scout for a favourable method of transport as she waited. once she'd settled on a wagon, col paid, the player only sauntered back calmly to the plaza as agreed upon.

"Sorry to keep you waiting."

and everything was taken in stride. a hand raised -- "no worries," night returned, glancing towards the stables where she'd visited earlier. "i wasn't waiting for long. actually, i was planning to take a walk at some garden other than here. it's scenic." and the player folded her arms, considering. "though i hadn't taken you to be the type to stay up on the upper floors much. perhaps you've heard of it then; the ming garden?"

"it's quite the distance away, so i'd choose to go by carriage." night tilted her head as she beckoned hirru to follow along, turning around. "well, you said you were in the north, weren't you? what were you doing up there -- studying elementals a little further?" had this been a different sort of game, surely such analysis would've fallen under a mage class. though hirru's apparel seemed none to speak of himself as the type.

the irony of their trip's direction would not dawn on her until they'd boarded the vehicle, steed drawn towards the northern side of town, and it was in that revelation that the player did her very damndest to keep her cool, regret only showing upon the fidgeting of the sleeve of her jacket.

Hirru was glad to find that he was not imposing too harshly, as he was the one invited to this little rendezvous.  He didn't really think about what was going on.  He wasn't really tired, at least not yet.  He was fine with only a couple hours sleep each night, but knew better than to let that go one forever.  He would have to head back to the Baldur's estate, when he was ready.  It was the only home that he had left now.  He didn't have anywhere else to go.  Taking to NIGHT's questioning, Hirru responded.

"No, I haven't seen that yet.  I'm trying to make it a habit to not venture out alone, anymore."

He looked down at the sword at his hip.  He tapped it several times before looking back to NIGHT.

"I'm not as strong as I used to be.  So I mostly try to find easy to handle tasks.  Can't heal myself as easy as I can heal others."

He sighed heavily.  There are far too many times that he wanted to use his last golden ticket to reset himself back to the Jade Hunter of old, but the way things are now, the Jade Healer would be needed more in the future.  He needed to persevere against his own thoughts.  Which made him look at the book that had been kept under his arm, the entire trip.  For some reason, he couldn't help but keep the quest book out for his own use, however, he still had not opened it to find out what it said.  Something was blocking him from doing so, and it wasn't the game.  No, it was himself.

When inquired by NIGHT about his current motives, he shrugged.

"It's been a little about the elementals, and mostly about something else that has been on my mind."

He showed the book that he had been keeping with him outside of his inventory.  Leather bound book, gold lettering reading "What We Fight For" could be read from the front cover.  For some reason, the hunter holds the opening, as if he isn't ready to actually open it himself.

after the system update? it made sense for some players to feel a little less secure in their standing in the castle. night had been one of them for a time, until she found her balance once again. and the player examined hirru closer as the latter released a sigh. sure enough, it did seem as though he'd seen better days.

the glance to the book he'd motioned to her, however, was what caught her attention beyond the talk of combat prowess. titled 'what we fight for'... it sounded like the name of a quest she'd only heard of in passing. without any concrete evidence to that train of thought, however, she merely tilted her head upon looking at it. it seemed like a diary of sorts -- or more like a journal? -- than something one might've puzzled over. so the player found herself gesturing to hirru to hand it over, unaware of the clutch he had over its cover. "is it personal? what's in it?"

"I'm.."

He lets go of the book enough to allow NIGHT to access the inner workings of the problematic book.

"I've been looking for this quest for some time, to the point of nearly going mad.  I would venture around the floor that it used to be on, only to claim nothing but the exhaustion of a sleepless day."

He would be embarrassed to say it, but there are many things that he could not say about the matter.  At least, he was trying not to.  It was such a burden to lie to people about it, but it was a reasonable thing to not talk about.  What would the world think, if one person didn't remember the pain that they all had to experience.  If someone couldn't sympathize with the struggles of everyone else, because he viewed their goals as beyond himself.  They're world was not one that he thought was something he needed to worry about. 

In reality, it was something he yearned for.  He wanted to have the memories to have that pain.  The drive that everyone had to complete the floors and get on with the next challenge, even i the darkest of hours.  He wanted that ambition and determination, so much so, that he was willing to sacrifice himself to do so.  Little did he know, that he had more to bargain with, than he anticipated.

"The rumored quest that could show you a bit of the other side.  For a hunter like me, it seemed like a grand treasure."

His hands slowly slid along the cover, feeling the texturized title mark.

"I guess, that now that I have a proper clue.. I don't want to rush things."

so it was related to that quest, foggy as the name did sound. and night tilted her head at its mention -- "why not contact a broker for intel? if you don't have one to speak to, i could mention it to someone i know." past that, she looked to the pages within. gleamed what she could from its contents, which didn't seem like very much.

so it looked to be a personal issue, especially at the mention about the 'other side'. no wonder so little connected with the player, as she peered, only to have her gaze upon it distracted once hirru had closed it shut. and night considered what the implications of taking a slow walk through his past meant. baggage, for sure. but most would rather reminisce on it quickly; learn what they could from it and move on.

if the player herself had been stuck in the past, once, it was because she'd wanted to be there in the first place.

"missing something?" night queried, a glance to the road ahead as the vehicle travelled along a familiar path -- they were getting close now, with the farmlands to their sides in view. far from it for her to urge hirru to move on; after all, despite all her effort, it was arguable to say if the player herself had indeed learned her lesson. "well, as little of a rush you may be in tracking it down, you should call for help when you need it. otherwise, you'd just be stuck trying to figure it out yourself. and given that the time you spend on your own could be put to better use elsewhere..."

Flipping through the book, the first couple pages seemed to have instructions, or more like a warning.  NIGHT was going through it rather quickly, so Hirru wasn't able to see exactly what it was pertaining to.  The next couple pages seemed to have, what looked like poems of sorts, or were they riddles.  Again, NIGHT was flipping through the pages faster than what he could read.  Though, after the three pages, they seemed to have little to no writing what so ever.  Not really much to go on, unless one actually read it.   He took the book back while NIGHT was asking him questions.

"Huh..?  Oh, no..  I haven't really talked with anyone about it yet."

At least not anyone that wouldn't already know about his current predicament.  Though, Baldur and Shield have been busy with guild matters, and Hirru had not seen Beat or Hestia in some time now.  He thought that maybe, it would be good to let go of it, and start letting people know.  Though, how was he going to let people know about it.  It's not like he can start throwing that kind of information out right out the gate.  It has to be brought up after a bit of instigation upon both parts.

'You didn't really do that when you let Hestia know'

His thoughts went back to that day on the 19th floor.  Why did he confide in her so much.  He couldn't put his finger on it. 

"I guess I do have more pressing matters than my own, but I can't place this into the hands of just anyone."

But what his finger was on, was the book once more.  Flipping the cover over, so that he could read the first page, it seemed that thought of it being a warning wasn't too far from the truth.  

To those that seek the light of the other world, one must first acknowledge all of the sorrows that have transpired in ones past.  This book with both guide you, and serve as a record keeper of your accumulated guilt.  Once acknowledged, and recorded within the book, one will be given passage to the Temple of Recollection.  If one has any lingering regrets or sorrows before entering, the guardian of the light will give you no quarter.  Purge your sins before the guardian, and you will be allowed access to the forbidden knowledge of the other world.

Seek out your pain, and know peace.

the words on the first page helped soothe her concerns none about the book's existence. and night winced, upon reading it, because it felt biblical in nature. the part about accumulating guilt and purging sins especially. and night hadn't the capacity to consider the bible, only enough to tolerate its existence, so she pulled herself inwards with a fold of her arms. mostly busied thinking about what the warning was meant to pose.

'seek out your pain, and know peace.'

how was torment supposed to guide someone to tranquility? the player bit her tongue, right as the wagon was pulled to a stop.

"we're here," the coachman out front had announced. the voice pulled night out of her thoughts, and she slipped down the vehicle within a couple of blinks, slinking like a shadow. though her motions seemed to indicate activity, her eyes would give away distraction. tied to the book, on hirru's behalf, but mostly tied to the paradoxes it held.

"it still doesn't make sense to me," she relayed, once the man had rejoined her by her side. caught in a pose of contemplation, the woman dropped her hands, one gesturing towards her companion's literature. "the temple of recollection's one. i hadn't heard of a place like that despite being in aincrad for a while. then the part about sorrows and one's past?" the distraught on her face was on instinct. "just sounds to me like a physical accompaniment of calming the soul. where in the world did you find something like this, anyway...?"

she got the idea that it was meant to be personal, from the way hirru had given the issue some thought. night hadn't meant to pry, nor consider the book this much -- after all, it was the waking nightmares of a haunting (a haunting!) that were keeping her up in the first place. physical ghosts, rather than memories of one's past. hence, if that were the case, it was only the man himself who'd know much about the book's contents than otherwise.

so she turned her attention towards their stroll path instead: the ming garden. a wave to her friend -- she didn't want to disrupt his thoughts as they walked, and yet night was almost certain her visual call to him would've done so -- before the two set out on their walk towards the grove. perhaps there, they'd get a bit of time for considerations in before the ghost (not real!) actually appeared.

and night glanced to hirru, wondering upon his silence regarding the past. not that she'd expected anyone to reminisce upon a stranger, even with the past held heavy in their hands, but it was the first train of thought she would've considered had the player been in his shoes. memories, ancient and buried and long-forgotten out of choice, dug out to the surface if only to scavenge upon. grave robbing their own plots. "so what do you think the sorrows are about, if you can remember?" after a pause, she corrected herself. "if you want to talk about it, i mean."

Hirru would follow after NIGHT, slipping out of the wagon without too much issue.  He had plenty of time around wagons to dismount them without falling from his heavy armor setup.  Putting the book away, he didn't want it to be the primary concern at this moment, although, he may have let on more than he thought.  When asked about the origins of the book, the hunter would give an honest answer.

"Oh, that?  I found it in a dungeon on the 22nd floor.  In the Forest of Memories, I asked a friend to help me with dungeon that I found.  Though, the place was covered in fog, the fog seemed to pull upon the memories of the individuals.  It created mobs in grotesque forms that I could barely understand, but later they started using the faces of those that had died in here.  The boss of the dungeon was called the Fog of Reminiscence.  It used the faces of the lost to try to confuse us."

He didn't want to talk about the faces that he saw.  The ones that he lost and the ones that seemed to still be alive, but were no longer actively fighting with him.  He couldn't understand this world, even when he started to understand how it worked.

"I can't say."

Hirru would continue after NIGHT asked if he remembered what the sorrows that the book was talking about would state.

"Not so much that I don't have any sorrows.  I've had my fill.  Though, I thought I had already let those go."

He would say as he looked onward to where this walk would be taking them.

"So, where are we going?  I haven't checked this floor well enough yet."

a specific dungeon and boss, with an inherent motive. almost disturbing imagery. night perished the thought the moment it gave her shivers, turning back on the conversation in earnest. how hirru had avoided talking about his past still seemed odd, mostly in part due to their statuses as players on the front. usually, one would begin talking about it at length when prompted.

tight lips? if anything, it earned her admiration for the man, being able to be silent about it. in a way, it was contradictory, how she was trying to claw at something private, yet understanding it should remain that way.

"Not so much that I don't have any sorrows.  I've had my fill.  Though, I thought I had already let those go."

no, wait. that seemed... oddly contradictory in itself, too. hadn't she concluded that it was the past before that lead him to those emotions, and hence here with that book? so if it wasn't the past -- because he'd already let go of the things that had bothered him -- then what was it, exactly?

the woman only titled her head sideways as she continued thinking. thoughts put on pause the moment she spotted the grove coming into view. in interest of not repeating herself, she nodded towards it, knowing the scene would be set without explanation once they'd passed into its vicinity.

a perpetual darkness kept the garden pristine in its best condition: the night hour. the path before them was carved out of stone and lined with white gravel, a scatter of different flowers and trees cluttered along their route's wayside. as always, a dance of fireflies clouded the players' view, drawing especially close to the luminescent flora in midst of its dimmer counterparts. their walk would take them to the heart of the garden, where a large tree decorated in lights, resting fireflies and blooming golden flowers resided.

"it's lovely, isn't it?"

the only phrase she'd uttered at the beginning of their journey, keeping quiet the rest of the way in. night found her gaze darting around, the player on edge despite trying not to show it. she'd meant to keep her demeanor calm and relaxed. how much it was failing, the woman wasn't in a position to judge.

it was only once they'd wandered into the centerfold that she spoke again. "this might be a little strange, but if you see any unusual activity, let me know." night then frowned, eyes downwards, before turning to hirru. "'unusual', like supernaturally 'unusual'. ghastly visions, the outline of a woman who isn't supposed to be there... or something."

• 7 months later...

They would reach their destination before Hirru could reveal too much more.  What was wrong with him?  He was sure that she would be receptive of the things that had happened to him.  Why he did all the things that he had done, and what it brought out from him.  It would become much more clearer about the things that had happened previously.  Why he was always helping the NPC's that showed human like emotions?  It was something that he was still wondering, at this point.  What was it that really makes him continue this train of thought?  Was he generally a good person, or was there more to it?

It wasn't until his thoughts were pulled from his head from out to his surroundings did he really see the garden, as it was.  They stood before a large tree, set aglow by the hundreds of fireflies and golden flare of the flowers underneath.  It seemed like a scene that he had seen before, though that would be impossible.  The flora and fauna of this floor were not exactly like the other floors, so where would he have seen something like this. 

"It's rather awe inspiring."

NIGHT was asking if he would tell her, if he saw anything supernatural, or ghostly.  He would smile at the thought, before looking towards her.  Her visage was nothing more than the friendly NIGHT that he fought along side.  He was half expecting the blue haired girl once more.  That would definitely count towards an unnatural sighting, but that would be for another time, thankfully.

"That's something wild to think about.  Most of the ghost like things I've seen have been.. on the 10th floor, if I remember right."

Which was a rough lie, but how else could Hirru say 'hey, you sometimes become someone you're not.'  He really didn't want to go that route, at least that was something his mind was telling him.  He wondered if it was something he was taught on the other side, or just something he picked up out of nowhere.

While looking back around to take in the rest of the garden, something red came into view.  A feint glow, but bright beside the yellows and golds that burned bright.  This was a red that seemed to bleed into your peripherals, and take over your awareness.  Soon, your sight would want to look in it's direction, but it would be gone.  This happened twice before Hirru started to walk around the tree.

"What the.."

Something hung from the tree, a sight that looked like a head of.... red........... 

Spoiler

"̸̡͉͍̖͈̻̱̗̥̺̞͈̮͛̓̃̑̓̌̌̽̓̓̏͋̓̊ͅͅW̶̨̱̖̆͗̓̀̂̓͑̿͑̓̀͘͠h̶̢̛̝͕̝̳̣͚͎̐̍̆̈́̿̊͘a̶̪͒̿̒͋͑̀̊̎̇t̵̡̢͇̙̪͚̼̫̣̞̖̰̜͇͕̀̆ ̷̨͚̼͓͍̯͖̦̜̩̳͇̫͔̈́͗̕ͅd̴̢͉͇̙̼̮̜̹̫̫̥̪͎̳̞͖̍̈́͐̔̇͌̒͛ò̸̧̳̮͔̯͔̯̩̳̫̅̏ ̶̩̥̰̥̘̭̺͒̂͂̉ý̵̡̠̼̣̜̠̯͉̪̲͗̈́̈́͛͛͜͜ȍ̷̟͖̜͙̯͉̱̦̯̜̜̲̩̣͔̠͚̑ṵ̴̢̡̝̬̲̦̯̐̀͛̌͒̿̔́̊̀͗̾̔̑͑͜͜ ̸̭̠̻̞̪̳̤̞̝̫͚̗̞̬̮̌͜͜m̴̧̨̗̮̜̟͕̤͚͈͉̙͙̟̮̓̀͗̿͜ͅe̷̙͉̠͎̗̯͇͙̩͈͙͔͉̬͔̬̦͑̅̇̓̓̂̇a̸̢̡̨̞̥͚̥̰͈̲͉͕͖̹̦̺̅̍̋̈ͅn̵͚̋̄̒̿́̇ ̵̧̧̟͎̫̮͇̱͕͚̗͙̀̊͐̈̈́́̃̽̋̒́͘̕̕ͅͅş̸̨͉̪͎̘̩̱͙̝̤̰͈̩͚͍̻̑̚ḧ̸̡̡̛̲̱̪̣̲̟̹̦͕̦̤̱̬̞̂́͋̓̽́̿̐̕e̶̘͓̬̳͎͒͑͂̈͒́͗ͅ ̶͉̅̈̀̓̈́̋̆̉̋̈͒̎̃̋͜w̴̧̡̛̛͚̝̲̫̟͕͍̘̱͇̞͙̒̀̌̾͗̉͋̓͋͛͐͠ê̸̢͍͍̗̣͔͙̳̩̘̱̦̜̈́̑̍͊̾̽̓̑̃̀̄͒̕͘n̶̯̍́̋̍͐̈́̈̓̌̈́̓̑̈́̀̇t̶̡̯̦̹͇͐͋̆̾̔͗̾̕ ̸̜̔o̵̢͇̍̍̄̂̎͊͝͝ụ̸̲͉͇̻̥̤̙̪̂͌̏̐͝͠t̶̢̺̻̬͖̆̇͊̓͛̍̍̽͝͠ ̷̢̭̠̗͚͓̪͎̹̃͛̀̓̾͜͝ͅa̴̛͍͒͌́͒̈́͌̉̕l̴͇̹̬͔̘̺̤̫͔̫̱̣̒̊̄̽̐͂̉̈́̃͋̄̕͜o̸̬̠̗̫̊́͗͌̔̈̓̎͋͒̊̇͂̄̕ń̵̡͔̗̰̬̲͔̖̰̙̻̘̝̠͔̬͔̉͋̒͠ȩ̶̢̛̤̹̳̹̘͕͕͚̾̑̈́̉͆̾̋̄̔̍͐͌̉̕̕͜͜͝ͅ?̸̡̧̩̟̠͔̙̌͂̋̌͌̋͘͝"̴̢̬̞̭̲͔̳̹͎͊̀̀̏̅̎̎̈́̕͠ͅ
̷̧̧̧̖̦̣͓͖̭̗̝̪̳̗̳͕̋͗̍̈́͜
̶͕͙̖̈́̈́̑̅͗́"̶̨̨̡̳͎̦͈̦̣͈̞̤̦͍̰̑̓̂͗̇͗̓̕̚̕͘͜͠Ą̷̢̛̩̺̠̻̦͙̤̯̬̗̬͙̀̆̍̋́̍͝ͅn̸̡͙̖̫͈̺̩͕̪̖̎̋ģ̶̖̦͉̱̗̤̤̱̤̣̗̻̱̈́ͅê̵̢̧̼̦͙͙̬̝͙̳͚̞̋̍̈̄̎͑͛̿͌̎͑͝͝͝͠ͅļ̸̮̜̳͍͒̈ͅ ̸̭̼͙̗̮͐̓́͌͆͌̆̈̐̈̎̾̚̚͜ẇ̸̧̯̩̣̣̖̯̙͙̫̦̖̮̪͍̫͈͛͋̓̍͌̇͗a̴̹̤͙͂̓̊̔̄́̉̅͂́͑̂̅̇̃̕n̴̨͍̜̟̪̙̑̆̍̓̈́̃̂t̸̛̛̹͎̫̬͉̪̺̭̩͂͋̌̈́́̌̄͆̔̅̈͒͝͝͝ͅe̵̡̨̨͇̟̩̘̬̭͈̹̭̽͜͠d̵̛̗̘̎̓̍̆̀̀͝ ̵̮͇͚͉̱̻̲͇̱̻̯̠̗̣̏̉̂̾͜͜͜ṭ̵̢͙͔̄͐͊̔̊̓̀̒̎̔̃͜o̴͓͎͇̙̺͎̙̞̦͙͎͐̑̽̒̈́̒̏̾͆̀̅͜͝͝ ̵͚̀͒̿̾̃͆̉͌̐̍̐͘͝͝g̵̈̉̐̾͗̋̀̆͂͐̃͗͆̿͘͘̕͜ò̵̬̞̆͌́̍̀̓͑͑̋̄̋̽̀͋͘ ̵͕̟̱̹̪̦͇̭̒̃̊͒͠ͅo̴̢̨͖̖̘̱̤̳̰̦̫̩̰͋̒̅͒̔̕̚u̶̲̲̺̱̬̇̓͐̂̌͊̈͜͠ţ̸͉͈̻̳̬̪̈́̑̓̆̄̔͠͝ ̸̧̨̧̡̗̫̮̼̼͉̥̲̪̹̂́͊̐̉̈́́͐̎͜͜͝à̷̧̡͇̣̫̲͔͐͂͋̐͌͝n̸͈̐̑̒̓͆̈́̿̇͋̌̏̔̈̆d̵̛̛͙̫̯̥̊̃̀̒́̈́ͅͅ ̷̢̡̟͖͙̖̲̞̦̣̪͚̟́f̷̦͔͔̤̻̪̟̱͔̯̦̘̅̒̽͗́̇̄͆͌̀̀̂͠ȉ̸̺̜̲̺̣̝͚̺̀͌̋̈̔̂̎͜͝͝͠n̴̺̤̼̞̉̎̃̈́̀͜͜ḏ̸̨͈̬̪̼̭͖͚͇̭̱͚̚͜ ̴̘͓̮̙͑͊̐̎a̶̠͆́͆̄̓̽͋̿͊̿͐́̕̕͝͠ ̴͚̋̈́s̷̢͉͔͔̫̖̝̆̎̑̂̎̈̿͒̚͝͝w̴̨̐̀͒̌͂̄͠͝o̵̱͙͍̭͛͐̿͠r̵̦͓̻̩̪̟͈͙̰̯͉͙̳̥̦̖̊̃͊̀̑͋̓̌͋̾̎̍̾͐͋͝͠d̸̡̡̢͓͍͕̼̖̠̬̤̯͖̙̰͎͒ ̴̡͔̩͓͈̗̻͖͎̬͉̦̼͔̄̓́̾͗̉f̸̢̼͔̥̞͉̝̜̣͕̙͌̏̈́ȯ̷̗̰͓͒͌̏̈́̏̇͊̚͠ṙ̷̡͎̘͇̬̯̹̜̳̮͈̩̻̱̑̅̓͊̒͝ ̶̥̿̆̆̄̓H̷͓̪̐́̓̇̓̐̑̀̐́̑̿́í̸̡̲̥̭̫̳̱̘̫͎͔̻̈̓̀͑̿͑̂͂̊r̶̹̭̳̬͛͆͠r̷̡̡̡̢͖͈̖̹͔̯̺̺̔̀͛̈̇̒̈́̿͒̎͘͜ű̸̧̧̠̱͍̦̹͎͉̞̮̦̘̫͓̇̋͋̓̌̔̈́̐̀̉̊̓͠ͅ,̷̻̪͍͕̝̪̃͊̀͊͌́͆ ̶̧̩̗̞͖̞̰͓͕͉̝̤̹̫̀̇̈́͆͗̓̅̃̓͂͋̔͋͘͠s̸̻̻̬̳̾̑̔h̵̨̡͖͈̲͇̻̾̉̒̈́̄̿́̋͑̂̄͊͛̑̈́̍̿e̶̢̧͍̙͍̯̪͇̤̠̘̩͍̊͌ ̴̨͔̜͒̂̐͋̍͘s̸̱̘̓͐́̉̄͋͑̎̆̈́ͅȃ̷̢͚͕̮͚̣̝͔̐͒̎̐͐̈͑̊͘͜ḯ̷̡̺͔͉̘̟̭̠̞͆̽͐̌͋̄͐̍̐̈͐̔͂̕͝͝ͅḑ̷̛͔͉͈͎͇͙̺͙̺͇̦̦̆̈̆͆͆̇́̀ͅ.̸̨̧̛͈̣̰͈͔̾̀̉́͌̕"̵̡̧̨̨̬̬̤͓̪͖̗̪̲̓͋̇͑̈̋̐̈́͛͂̒͂͜

̴̨͈͉͋̎̊̎͐͘
̸̨̡̜̔́̎̉́-̵̖̀́͋̇́̋̅͛́̆̍̊͗̚͝͝͝-̴̡̛̛̫̃̓̒̆̈́͗̂̀̽͋̍̍̆̄
̸̧̞̱̼͇͇̬͍͈̹̋͠͠
̸̛̞̺̰̗͖͉͔̞͖͕͐̊͜"̴̨̱͚͕̉͛̏͛͠I̵̛͚̰̗͋͐͌̂͊̀̈̚ ̷̢̢̩̻̜͓̦̙͕̥̖́̂̔̽̀͒͋̇̐̇͐͒́̀͆̈́ͅç̶̮̳͍̱͈̫̦̯̥̰͉̺̲̥͙̇ͅầ̶̧̧̱̺͓̝͖̣̺͍̜͔̘̈́́͂́̉̀͒͊̓̎͝ǹ̸̹̤͖̟̬̭̥͇̗͎͍̝͆̿͒̓̄̇̈́͆͐͊̍̎̓̆͛͝'̵̙̹̫͗̏͆̎̔͑̒̍̌̈̓͌̈́͂͌̊̋t̸̢̡͙̝̰̦̙̱͉͉͍̳̦̭̰͋̔̓͌ ̶̧̲͉̣̝̭̠͑̏̓̓̏̽͋̂̓̔͋̽f̴̡̡̧̧̛̮̬̖̺̩̥̦͇͗̓͑̈̎͊̾̎̿̆̊͋͆͜͝͝͠ͅi̸̞͑͐̈́ņ̸̡̛̲͖̭̼́̈́̍͂̋̆̉̽̉̾̽͛̂̃̏d̵̻̊ ̴̢̥͖̎̆̏̇͌͊̔̚h̸̝̳̫̜͖͍̳̻̗̮̙́̑̊͂̐́̀̓̐͑̕͝ę̴͚͍̭͍͓͍̼̝͚̈́͗̌̓r̴̨͙̠̯͓̟̗̥͉̯̱̋͌̄̔̂̈́̉̾̌̇̏́͛̀͝ ̸̧̫̭͖̩̍̄í̶̛̯̼̱̞̈́̿̈͐͌͐̎̈͌̒͑́̕͝͠n̶̨̨̢̛̛̮͕͖͕̭̰͙͇̲͉̳̤̻̐̆͌̋̆̀̾̀̒͊͛͌̿͘ͅ ̸̢̯̦͂ḩ̸͙̯̻̫̞̘̝̳̥̙̖̼̐̿̈́̒̂̒̔̓̉̍̈̋͝e̶̲͑͊̏͋̃͂̍̎́̏̄͒r̸̡̨̡̛̞̳͓̹̗̦̞̙̻̻͈̫̐̅͌̃́̀̌̋͐̚̚é̴̛͓̜̹̝͖͎̱̪͂͒̓͌̉̉̿̊̋ͅ.̶̥̠̜̟̞͉̜̈́̾̐̈́̄̓͊̔̈͋̏̀͋͝"̸̨̻͈̼̖̍̊̄͑̊̈́̅̉̃͌̑͊̉͠͝͠
̴͚́̃̒̀̍͐͗̒̋̚̚͝
̸̢̻̬͒̅̎͛̅́͊̏̐̀̄̅"̶̢̩̈́͗̈́̿̔̍̈́̾̍̉͐̂̉̅̕Ǎ̸̢̲̰͉̯̰̼͒͌̓͛̂͋̎̿͌̅̈Á̷̡̪̗̯͍̬͚͖͉̭̭̳̼̤̄͋͗̀̄͛̎̈́͜͝A̶͇̠̬̫̤̳̩̎̓̊́̎̉͗͜Ă̴̘̇̈́̃̔́̕͝Ȧ̸̜̰̤̏̎̀̈́̀̉̐̏̒͘Ḁ̴͇͉̰̱̦̲̣̫͓̙̏̆̌̋̊́͐̀̎̿͘͘͠͠͝A̸̡̛̻̞͈͚̘͓̩̓̿͋͋ͅͅA̶̢̡̧̡͓͙̝̬̣̙̣̺̯͙̱̠͌̍͂ͅA̷̡̡̘̻͍̺͚͍̳̖̠̩̻͙̯̎̏͗̑͛̾͐͝ͅA̷̧̧̫͍̗͍͉̘̾͊̋̏͋̏͊͂̆͋̆̏̈͌̊̕͝Ą̴̧̝͍̮͇̝͓͈͒̉̈́͜A̶̧̛̤͙͍͓͖̯̒͛̍́̄̓̀͋͗͗͝H̵̱͖̭͙̙̯̅̐̌͠H̷̗̝̳̲̩̝͊̉̄̎̏̂͂̉̄̊̽̉̓̋̚ͅḨ̶͙̥̼̙͙̼̤̬̫͐́͒͗̃̉̄͒͘͘͝H̷͔͚̝̣̭͖͉͕͎̼͒H̵̨̙͈̦͓͍̰̙͙̺̬͚̦̐̏̋H̷̝̽͂̐̋̓Ḧ̸͓̩͓̣̪͚̘͖̫̓́̅͒͗̄̑̒̋͌̃̎̂̚͜Ḩ̵̛̟̭̻̣̯̬̳̳̺̗͈̠̟̘̩́̐̊͗͌͋̂̈́́̚͝!̸͇̳͙̦́͐̓͆̾̃̒͌̄̃͘!̴̧̗̟̏̀̔̅̇͑͘"̵̢̧̦̠̝̝̜͈̏̓̽̿̂̾̍͊̓̅̓̒͋̓̌͘͝ͅ
̸̧̱͕̤̞͕͚̜̭̥͖̘̥̭͌̋̋́̐̃͛̏͗̿̎̾̓͊̚͜͠
̴̨̨̢̗̟͆̀̍̾́̄͆̀̅̅"̷̨̦͎̖͌͊͊̍̓̌̉̕͝͠Į̸̞̱͉̮̹̮͍̯̪̮̣̩̆̾́͐̀͛͌͗͋̅̽̉̕͜͜ ̵̡̛̠͇͔̘̦̬̞̳͎̩̜̗̞͙̑̂̋̏̓͂́̊͋͘͜ͅṫ̶͎̕h̸̡̢̥̮̙̱̟̫͇̳̜̜̩̫̳͇̃̅̒́̀͐́̅̃̌̑͜͝͠͠i̶̤̗̐̇̏͗͂͆̂̐́͂̀̌̂͠n̴̡̨͍̩̤̦̘̬̝̉͛̈͠ķ̶̮̥̤̥̝̱̉́̌̔̉͒̋̏̕ ̶̢̗͍͔̤̱͇͎̼̩͎͚́̇̈́̚t̴͇̱͕͍̙̺͈̰̱̹̠̀̅̍̏̆̒͛̓͑͂̉͂̔̐̕͠h̸̬̤̭̋̌̏̀̓͑ą̸̢̠̫̦̼̫̱̉̃͆́ţ̴̻̮͖̠͇̳͇͖͛͆̄̂͒̇̽͋̾̕ ̷̢̡̛̛͔̻̠̮̲̻̣̏͂̌̆̃̇̿̓̊̂ẃ̷̭̦͇̟̹̙̘̗̙̬̘̲̗̻̑̀̀̋̈́̈́̈̈́̿̚͝ͅǎ̷̢͙͚̲̜̠͕̈́̎̓̑͒̔̿̔̅̊̂͗͘̕ś̸̺͔͕̫̈́̀̓͑͂̄̈̈́͌̓̕̚͝ ̸͙̬̼͗̔ḩ̷̝͔̭̳̰̙͕͇̫̟̪͋́̿̔̓̔́̒ȩ̴̛̬̟̦͙̰͎̜͎̖͎̭̰̼̦́̑̅̑͂̈̽̓̑͑͑̓̂̆͜͠͝ŗ̸̀̽̋̾́̃̅̇̽̈́͊̊̑!̵͙͕̭̱͈̌̃̔̀̿͒̕͝͠͠ ̷̧͔̣̞̰̰̗̣̤̬̟͑́ ̷͚̈́́H̶̛͉̹̋̅͒͑͌̈́̿̉̌̍̃̏͑̈́ư̶͙̬͚̒̅̑̍́̊̍̄̇̈́̓̀͒͝r̷͕͈͍͉̳͖̪̼̿̉̾̊͗͂͂͐͆͗̽͊͘͝ͅr̷̤͔̿̆y̷̡̭̱̬̫̳̖͔̼̜̖͇̣̝̩̮̻̒͂̀̀̋̈́!̵̜̺͉͙̻͎̣͔̲̼̺̲͚͇͔͚̆͑̌̎̊͂́͒̅̈́͋̕͠"̶̮̬̪̙͖͖̯̋̽̃̎̅̃̑̕
̸̡̬͙̹̰̆͒̇̅̓̌͗̈́̉̈́̏̽̓̈́̄͝
̵̧̜̞̗̬͌ͅ-̶̞͖̗̰̤̑-̸̧̰̭́̎̿̀̎̑̀͌̀̈́̅̕͜͠͠
̶̮̞̙̮͉̪̞̙̽͒̏̉̈́̑̄͊̌͘
̴̢̨̡̳͓̠͓͓̭̭̯̬̬̹̝̇ͅ"̴̹̳̼̼̖̲̞̦̄̀̆̊͘͝Ǫ̵̡͙͈̼͓͕̟̖̰̙͕̰͖̒͋͌̈́̐̈̽̾̈́͛̔̕͝h̵͕͌̊̐̃̈̚̕ ̴̢͔̘̩͉͙̘͇̺̟̣̬͚͖͎͒̽͊͆̏̈́͒̚ģ̶̡̫̭͎͚̖̬̳̯͉̭̤̬̟̣͌̿͛̈́́̍̈́͐͋͘ͅo̷̞̾̂̌̎̀͒̇͆̈͆̈́̕͘͝ͅď̵̢̬̠͇̯̥̠̞̯̙͇̪̟̱̲̬̍̀͋͗̃͆̈́͑͌ͅ.̴̨̢͎̯͚̰̞̺̰̣̦̭̼̎̈́̎͐̑͋́̆̔̚̕.̴̢̳̯̩̙͕͈̳̉̌̊̑͛̏̅̉̾̅̕̕͜͝ͅ"̷̢̢̛̤͈̹͑̈͐̈́̈́͋̋͋͝
̷̧̩̱̪̩͇̼͉̤̠̙̖̺̭̝̙͂̌͒̈̅̐̆́͠ͅ
̵̡̡̠̮͚̼̀̆̈̐̊̕͘͝"̷̧̮̠͚̭̭̘͙̝̞̹̺̅̀̈́̽̾̑̐̋ͅͅH̸͕̥̔ų̶̯͍͛̑̐̍̉̐͊̑̒̑̆͋͊r̷̡͇̼͍͉̥̭̟̮͇͖̾͒̔̄͆͋̑̚r̴̲͍̮͖̮̭̝̘͑̄̋̃̈́̍́́̓y̶̛͖̪̹̾̈́̊́͒͌̓̋́̒̌̕͘!̷̡̧̢̥̞̼̟̟͊̆͆͆̑͂̌́̚ ̶̨̢̺̯̿͊̀͆͌̄ ̷̛͔̹̩̓̑̆̃̍͒̍̂́̾̚̕͠C̷̛̣͎̗̤͓̫̱̳̿̓̾́̔̆̽̈́̚͜͠ű̸̡̜̭̪͔̬̪̩̠̣̣͍͙̃̍͋͋̈́̀̍͝͠ͅt̸̮͕͐̈͑͂̈̿͠ ̸̼̪̪͎̞͚̼̼͉̦̳̝̯̰̫̹̋́̍̀͌̎̅̇̓̑͑͘͝͠ḩ̴̭͓̺̦͈̯̇ȩ̵̢̱̝͕͉̣͙̟͊̓̑̽̋̋̈́̈́̉̏̍̄͗͘͝ͅͅͅr̶̢̹̱̜̺͎͚̘̩̪̯̞̮͙̂̽ͅͅ ̵̡̮̪͖̗̦̻̼̪̩̖͈̀͗̐̈̑̌̔̿́̂̈́̀̃̀̿͗͝d̶̒̃̊̔̆͘͜o̸̯̣̭͈̟͒͆w̸̨̬̮͔̠͉̤͉̪̘̣̭̤̤̯̞̥͆͌̍͐͐͌̅̚ń̸͉̘̳̭̻͇͚̩̳̘̦̹̪͓̞̥̭͌̉̀̿̎͘͝ ̸̡̟͓̬̜̍̔̓̓͘b̷͙͈͉͚͍͕̦̺̳̾̈́͆̐̓͗̊̒́̓͒́̕e̷̡̱͚̻̖̺͎̿̒̊̄̎̐͗̏̅̔̆̄̂͘͜͝͝f̸̧̛͎̲͎͕̣͓̙̻̲͖̺̦͕͖̑̀͐͊̄͜ơ̵̢̨̦̭̖͓̩̪̝͂̈́͐͊̀͂̆̿̈́̈́͊̊͗̑͝r̷̡̨̙̖̘͚̼̗͈̹̠̳̪̦̘͆̈́̽̏̄̒̇̄̔̈̏͜͠ͅe̴̗̭̜̙̼̅̾̐͊̿̃̌͗͊̓̇͜͠.̷̜̣͇̯̺͔̖̻̤̯̞̥̂̔͌̈́͑̿̀.̴̳̪̳͕́̒̎̌͂̇̽͆͝͝ͅͅ"̷̨͂͋
̶̣͛̒̍̔͑̋̈́ͅ
̴͚̻̦̲̼͕͓̏̅̓̃́̃͘͝"̸̧̛̜̪̞̩̗̱̤̭̩͙̫͖̋͒͗͂̈́́̀̑͘͘͝Ẁ̵͔̻̗̲̱͓̙͚̻̬͊̐̕ę̵̧̳̞͉̟̭͖͇̟̭̖̥̀͐͌̊̿͂̓͆͘͠'̷̨͚͍̲̩̜͈͛̅̉̅̔͌͑͐̀̆̈́̓̈́͠͝ř̵̢̛̗͎̖̠͇̫͇͔̟̪̺̬͉̦͗͊̈́̏͘̕ě̶̛̛̫͉̟̮͎́͛̀̒̎͆̍̕̕ͅ ̷̰̥͊͑̑͋́ș̴̢̰̌̊̔̄́̏̃͒͌͊́̑͠͠ụ̵̳͉̟̱͈̰̜̙̈́̈́̔̃̈́ͅŗ̵̪̻̘̤̣͕̀̅̓ȑ̶̘͆̀͒̄̀̿̽̋͗̍͘̕o̵̧̦̗̘̳̝̗͍̺̻͛͐̈̓́̈u̶̹͊̈́̿͛͌̀̽̿̑̓͊n̷̛̤̗̈̋͆̌̉̎͒̏̀̒͑͋͘͜͠͠ḋ̸̢̡̬͉͈̤̝̬͎̳̻̯̙͖̱̈̾̐̾̿̈́͐̅e̴̳̟̤̳̖̠̣̅͗͊̍́͒̾̀͗̕͠d̷̢̧̡̝̦͈͕̹̩̘̻̘̝̘̂̇̀͜!̵͔̔̉ ̷̳͈̼̙̠̈́̐́͊̃̇͗͐́̌̈̿̾́̿͂͝ ̴̢̗̖͚̮̬̯̲̯͔̫̊̽̒̍͊̔̌Ḯ̶̧̻̣̂͗͗́̊̀̂͠ ̷̨̧̡̛̠̯̭̰̳̩͎̱̱͉̤̦͍̾̋͊̃ć̷̗̜̣̖̜̭̖͎̗̯͇̙͓͖̙a̸͚͚̣͚̞̭̞̦͆̆̎͂̈́̿͛̍ͅn̸̼͚̭̰̺̤̹̉'̵̡͓̲̮̯̳̭͎̜͙̟̟̹̻̓̅͊̊̊́̋̉͂̄̓́͑̚̚͠͝ͅṭ̵̫̰̜͖͓͓̞̰͚̱̆̐͘̚ ̸̨̛̦̯̙̤̩̪̻̹̺͙̣͍̺̽̂ģ̶̛̻͓͇̲̖̥͓̺̯͓̲̤̎̅̈͛̿͒̆̈́̽̆͆̾̊̀̕̕͜e̵̢̨̡̲̘̤̮̹͙̣̩͇̘̰̗̙͂̒̏͌̽̂̑̅̓͗͋̈́́̓͜ţ̷̨̢̣̮̩̮̞̫͇̅̅͌̒̈́̿̄̚͠ ̵̡̡̡̞̺̗̳̘̥̟͍͑̅̌̿̏̓̄̈c̴̱̻̻͓͇̎̉̈́̀͗̈́͐͑̕͜͠l̶̨͖̯̺̝͙̪̹̐̍̃̑́͝͝o̴̡̡̳̜̯̬̔͠ś̶̡̟͙̹̪̬̩̋̂̊̀̉̐̚͜͝ę̷̼̱͈̖̥̙̲͍̠̯͉͔̔̂̓́͗̾̓̍̈͝ͅȑ̶͚̗̟̯̏͊̽̓̿̐͋͝!̸̗̥͔͙̰͈̭̂́͒̒̔͘"̸̠͓̳̲̦̳̹̗̖̩̑
̷͕̞̞̈́̅̈́̿̏̕
̵̨͖̜͍̙͕̖̼̪̳͖̜͉̤̓̓͋͊͑̾͆̈̅͝ͅͅ"̵̮͇͇͕͇̯̋̃̒̕.̷͚̟̮̘̬̩̖̲̮̯͇̠̪͚͒͜.̸̞̩̟̣͉͔̘̰͍̖̳͚̯̯̪̂̐́̊͂̇͘͜ͅa̴̧͚͓̬͔̮͉͓̻͖̗͔̔̈́̒̽̈.̸̨̨̱͓̫͇͓͔͓̲̖̯͓̖̆̿̐̉̏͑͊̀̕͠ͅ.̴̤͇͈̈́̉n̵͖͖̘̣̟̙̰͒͒̀̍̃̃̍̂g̶̢̧̞̭̭̦͉̜̗͙̭̣̥͕̐̋̿̈́̔̊̈́̋͌ė̴̤̪͈͚̤̭̲͙̦̣͚̱̱͙̦͇.̴̡̛̞͉̘͖̈́̅͂̏͆̀̈́͘͘͜͝.̴̨̢̛̹͔̣̰̀̅̋̆͆̋̑̓̈̕ľ̷̞͖̦̪̣̻̝̙̐?̸̜̳̬͉̟͖̭̳̼͓͕̟̹̙̹͂͛̅"̴̡̛̼̲̣̻̬̻̦͈̜̱͐̽̉̄͂͑̀̇̅̈́͌͆̄̀͘͜͜͝
̵̨̺̟̐͛̾͊̌͗͛̈͌͋͆͒͂͝͝
̷̢̡̛̰̮̻̦̤̬̲̱̠̮͖͇̼̼̀̑̓͒͐̋̓͂̀̏͌̚͠"̵̧̧̙͚̻͙͔͎̟̳̣̖̩̗̝̗͌͐̌̽̎̈́̒W̶̪̗̘̮̩̥̥̦̪̬͙̣͋͛̐̓̋͘͘ḩ̴̛̘͚͔͙̰̼͕̫̣͕͇̲̌̇͊̆̎́͘ͅy̸̢̤̦͕̲̲̪̱͚̠͔͕̽̉͒͑̈́͋̄̎ ̷̧̪̙̺̭̫̮̫̭̠̟̻͈̞̈́̃̂͌̑͌́̀͝͝͠ḯ̶̜̩̗̄͗̾̕͠s̸̢̨̮̦̳̭̫͎̝͉̹͉̟̤̲̝̚ͅ ̵̨̞̩̙͓̠̟͈̬̣̞̗̖͍͉̪͑̀͊̂̌̆̈̀͆̀̾̉͐̓͘h̴̘͈͊̾ê̷̛̘͓̖̻̮͔̰͚̖̹̗̘̳̰̒͆̀͑̓̽̃̓͆̈́̏̍̌͝ͅ ̸̲̮̜̀͂͒̄̀̈́̉̿͘̚̕͝h̸̭̮̣̰̮̤̟̪̅ĕ̶̛͉͈̖̈́͒̀̄̐̋̅͑̂͋͛̚̚̕͜r̵̦͕͍͆͊̾̓͗ẹ̷̢̪̳̣͓̹̗̯̝͖͖̭̮̭̎́͂̍̈̌̀̔̓̆̍̑͠?̷̬͈͓̝̱͖̞͚̌̿͠ͅͅ ̶̨̛̙͋̓͑͋̑̉̀̀̈́̋ ̵̨̨͚̘͈̱̠͕̦̮͋̈́̽͗͂͜Ḑ̷̐͋͂̎͂̍̊̇̀͗̽̋̌͛͛̚̕Ị̶̧̛̹̪͉̞̔͗̎́̕ḓ̵̝͎̤̩̪̲̰͎̳̬̽̀̓̍̅̂͋͛͒͝͝͝ ̶̠͔̜̹̱̳̟͇̫̱͓̼̮͌̌̃̀̓̌͌̃̎̌̌͛͝ͅȟ̶̨̡̧̻̘̫̳̓̓͜e̸̛͖̖͉̺͉̹̼͙͛͒̽̍̈́̅̒̒͗͑̎͋́͝ͅ ̵̼̫͍̗̜̻̰̲̻̣͚̈̃͊̾͠f̸̠͓̠̺͈̤͓̪̗̻̺͈̦̩͙̒̌̾͜o̸̡̨̢͔͍͇̞̳̱̰̱͈̝͍͉̬̪̾̕ľ̶̺̮͕̯̼͍̻̳͙͔̗́́̈͊̚͠ͅl̶͕̮̀̅́͐ͅȏ̶̂̀̃̅͒͛̐̐̾͛̕͘͜w̶̢̧͎̱̘̦̻̣̗̅̍̏͗ͅ ̶͕͔̮̫̞̦̱̪́̒u̶̢͓̲̰̰̗̳̝̟͕̺̒̈́̒̿͆̂̆ș̶̯̤̺͉̤̘̀̽̍͝͝?̷̧̖̰̮̮̙̫̳̥̪̟̹͎̳͍̒̈́̐̿̀̓̑̄̆̈́̔͂̿͐͂͘͜͜͝"̶̛̲̦͕̱̩̱̟̙̮̋̈͗́̄̎́̇͗̆̆͐̕͝͝
̴̢͎̩̝̜͍̱̬̈́͊͗́̔̓̓͐̎͋͊̕͜͜ͅ
̶̧̡̙̯̥̘͔͉̗̻̂͆͒̅̑̈͆̀̔̉̊̽̋͌͝͠ͅ"̶̨̬͇̰̳͕̪͉̒́͘H̵̢̧͙̬̥͎̭̔̊̓̉̇̽̍͐͌̚̕̚i̶̢͇̅̈́̇̿̈́̏͘r̴̛̝̙̹̤̥̤̖̝̖̠̱̊̾͌͂̂̍̚̕͜͝͠ȑ̸͚̱̗͈͖̯̱̳͝u̸̢̪̭͍̦͉̖͎̳̫̅́̅̌͒́̂̕͝ ̷͚̭͍͕̤̥͚̳͕̰̜̳̗̫̻̘̈́̌̄̈́͝ģ̴̢̤̲̭͓̦̰̺̠̪̱̖̥̰͖̄͗̏ě̷̦̈̽̉̈́͌̾̚ṫ̶̨̨̻̮̼͕̜̮͈͔̞̼͈̓͆̌͒̈́̎͒̅͘͠ ̸̼̩͉̯͇̝̤͕̫͖̉̽̉͒̈͌̄̈́̊͐̽͋͝b̸̡̤̲̬̻̣͎̣̣͎̹͓̳͍̜͒̐̈́͗̿̚̚ͅá̶̡̹̯͚̙̙͖̪̈̌̇͋̿̿́̿͂̂̎ͅc̶̘̗͙̘̱͓̼̦̯̃̊́̔̾̌̈ͅķ̷̞̳̭̯͍̞̥̩̩̫̊͑̈͋̎̌͂͝͝͝͠ͅͅ!̸̧̧͈̞͈̟̣̺͖̪͎͇̈́̓̈́͑̎̈́͜͝"̴̢̢̝͔̘͇̩̘̤̪̜̙̘̘͚̟̍̓̔͌͊̚
̴̱̻̀̈́̆̀̑̑̾͌̒̚
̴̹̰̯̬̪́͛͝͝-̵̡̪̖̗͖̭͖͎̺̦̯̏̐͜-̶̨̺͉̰̱̪͖͉͉̯̼̗͠

Tears seemed to fall from the hunter's eyes before he could stop his next actions.  A step forward would turn into a straight sprint through the golden flowers and fireflies.  Petals would scatter as the lightning bugs would rise and fly away from the disturbance.  Hirru would wheel around the tree to see what the hell that was, but would stop in his tracks when he saw it.  It wasn't what he thought it was, at all.  A low hanging stem would hold the red glowing thing, it was a flower.  Red in glow, on closer inspection, it seemed a darker pink.  Fushia, maybe.  The petals seemed to flow long and down, over a second pair of purple petals.  It's outlook, if seen from afar, could be construed to look like a hanging woman.

"I.. I thought.."

Looking up, the tree seemed to have much more of these flowers hanging from it.  It must be the flower of this tree.  It looked familiar, or at least it should.  The trees and flowers were wildly different from anything he had seen before.

silence, as she walked on a little. confusion, then, when she'd realized her companion was circling a tree. so surely, there must've been something up with it. a ghost, somewhere?

night started to approach, even as she saw hirru's figure halt movement. wanted to say something -- but hadn't the time. all she could do was whirl around as he zipped past her, catching the glimpse of something visceral on his face -- then he was gone, headed towards the distance. what else could the player do but take off after him, with a holler of surprise underlined with a grave concern?

"hirru?!"

a chorus of bugs arose from the flora, but neither had the time to realize their magnificence. the thought to take her date over wouldn't have crossed her mind. night ran, ran until hirru had stopped; then she came to a jog, too, eyes entirely fixated on his back.

with barely a breath yet, all she could push out were gasps between a sentence, "hey-- did you see anything?"

"I.. I thought.."

"you thought what?" a gulp, believing the rumors to be true, after all -- but fighting the urge to abscond, given the lack of reason to explain why. noticing his gaze now distant, night followed hirru's eyes over to the lone tree amidst the field -- a landmark, of sorts. she should've taken note of its presence before her friend in the first place.

and had she the mind to picture gore amongst roses, perhaps she would've seen the hanging woman, too. instead, once she'd caught her breath, she but turned to hirru with a look of suspicion on his face. "was there something happening here that caught your eye earlier? anything -- anything at all."

now it was her turn to round the tree instead, sword drawn, just in case of an attack. but there was barely anything around but flowers -- more flowers, oddly shaped, reminding her of vines off a weeping willow.

Edited by NIGHT
  • 5 months later...

Hirru could only stand there as the flower that glowed as brightly red-ish as his visions showed him.  He couldn't understand too well why he kept seeing these people.  Why were they there for him at some points, but not when he would need them the most.  Though, did he really need these things constantly talking to him?  He didn't even know who these people were!   He only knew that they would come to him at times of terrible stress.  Was it his mind making things up?  It could be a possibility, but that wouldn't explain the times when he saw NIGHT as the blue haired girl.  He wasn't stressed, nor having any other issues, at least none that he knew of.

"I.. I thought that the flower was.."

He pointed to the flowers above them.  He didn't know the name of the flower, but it didn't seem to be anything more than what it looked like; just a flower.  Although, the way that the flowers hung off of the tree limbs, and how it flowered out nearly upside down.  It would look like a hanging person from the petals resembling red hair or a cloak, to the purple inner petals resembling a purple dress.  He had to shake his head a bit to dismiss the thoughts in his mind.

"..it looked like som.. it looked like someone hanging for a second."

He choked on the first part to keep himself from saying 'it looked like someone he knew', when in reality he still didn't know what he saw.  A woman, dressed in a violet colored light armor, more akin to those that they all wore during the...

Spoiler

"̶C̴a̸n̸ ̶y̵o̶u̴ ̷b̷l̴a̴m̴e̵ ̷a̸ ̶g̸i̴r̵l̷ ̵f̴o̵r̵ ̷w̷a̴n̸t̸i̴n̵g̵ ̵t̸o̵ ̶c̷h̷a̴n̵g̵e̷ ̸u̴p̸ ̷h̵e̴r̵ ̴a̵p̸p̶e̸a̸r̶a̵n̶c̶e̶?̴"̴
̵

̸"̷I̴ ̴a̸g̴r̷e̷e̵ ̶t̷h̷a̷t̷ ̵t̶h̸e̶ ̶c̷o̸l̷o̴r̴s̷ ̷s̶u̵i̵t̵s̶ ̴y̶o̶u̷,̸ ̷b̸u̶t̸ ̴c̶o̷u̵l̶d̴n̴'̴t̴ ̴y̵o̵u̴ ̸w̵a̷i̴t̷?̴ ̷ ̷I̷'̵m̵ ̵s̵u̴r̴e̵ ̸t̸h̷a̸t̶ ̶w̴e̸ ̶w̷o̸u̸l̵d̶ ̷h̴a̴v̶e̶ ̴g̷o̵t̴t̴e̸n̸ ̷b̵e̵t̴t̵e̸r̸ ̷g̷e̷a̷r̵ ̷s̴o̴o̷n̷.̷"̴
̸
̸"̷Y̴e̷a̷h̷,̵ ̶y̴o̶u̷ ̷w̵a̶s̵t̷e̶d̸ ̷a̷ ̴d̴y̶e̴ ̵p̶o̷t̶i̴o̸n̴ ̵o̷n̵ ̴n̶e̷w̸b̷ ̸g̵e̴a̷r̶.̵"̸
̷
̶"̵W̴e̷l̸l̴,̷ ̴t̸h̴e̶r̷e̶ ̴a̸r̶e̵n̷'̷t̵ ̷a̵n̶y̷ ̵t̴a̵i̶l̴o̴r̵s̶ ̴t̸h̶a̶t̴ ̶c̴a̷n̸ ̴m̴a̶k̴e̷ ̴f̴i̵n̶e̴ ̵d̶r̵e̴s̶s̴e̵s̴ ̸o̴r̴ ̴d̶e̶c̶e̵n̸t̴ ̸c̷l̵o̷t̶h̶i̵n̵g̸ ̷i̶t̷e̸m̷s̷ ̶w̴i̷t̶h̶o̸u̷t̶ ̸b̸e̶i̵n̸g̴ ̴m̷o̵r̸e̴ ̸o̸f̶ ̶t̸h̶e̷ ̷s̸a̴m̵e̵.̵"̸
̸

̸"̸W̸e̷ ̶o̶n̸l̶y̷ ̶j̴u̷s̸t̸ ̴s̸t̸a̷r̸t̴e̸d̴ ̵i̶n̷ ̵t̶h̸i̴s̷ ̴h̸e̴l̶l̵ ̵h̶o̴l̸e̶ ̷A̶N̴D̵ ̴Y̴O̴U̶'̴R̵E̵ ̴T̴A̴L̸K̷I̸N̶G̴ ̴A̸B̸O̷U̷T̵ ̶F̶A̸S̷H̷I̸O̶N̴?̴!̶"̷
̶
̶"̷W̷e̵l̴l̸,̸ ̵h̷o̷w̶ ̵e̷l̶s̴e̴ ̴a̴m̶ ̵I̴ ̶g̷o̸n̷n̵a̷ ̶s̷t̴a̷n̶d̵ ̸o̸u̸t̷ ̴a̶s̴ ̴A̴i̸n̸c̸r̸a̷d̶'̴s̴ ̴#̴1̸ ̴i̸d̷o̸l̵!̶"̵
̸

̶"̴A̴n̵g̴e̶l̶,̷ ̵I̸ ̴d̴o̷n̴'̷t̸ ̸t̶h̵i̷n̷k̷ ̵w̷e̷ ̴n̶e̶e̷d̶ ̶a̷n̷ ̶i̸d̸o̶l̵.̸ ̶ ̷B̸e̵s̶i̴d̵e̷s̷ ̷y̸o̴u̷r̶ ̷s̸o̸n̷g̵s̸ ̸d̵o̵n̵'̴t̷ ̵h̶e̴l̵p̷ ̸u̴s̴ ̸a̸n̵y̵,̴ ̷a̶n̷d̷ ̴o̵n̷l̸y̷ ̴d̷r̶a̶w̴ ̴t̸h̶e̵ ̷m̷o̴b̴s̸ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̴o̶r̸e̶.̷"̷
̸
̸"̷B̷a̵d̶.̶"̷
̸
̸"̷O̷h̴ ̷n̸o̴t̶ ̷y̵o̶u̴ ̵t̷o̶o̴,̷ ̸s̸h̷i̷v̷!̸"̶
̴

̸"̴I̵t̸'̷s̴ ̶X̵I̸V̵.̴"̴
̷
̶"̷T̷h̵a̵t̵'̷s̸ ̶n̷o̷t̵ ̶h̷o̷w̴ ̴i̶t̸'̸s̶ ̴w̴r̴i̴t̷t̴e̴n̶.̸.̸"̴
̸
̴
"̵Y̴o̶u̵ ̸d̵u̸m̶b̵a̵s̷s̴!̸ ̷ ̸I̴t̸'̴s̶ ̸r̴o̷m̷a̷n̴ ̵n̴u̵m̶e̴r̵a̴l̷s̶!̸!̵ ̶ ̷W̶h̷y̶ ̴i̴s̴ ̸t̵h̷e̶ ̴d̶u̴m̴b̶ ̶o̶n̴e̶ ̸o̷u̴r̷ ̵r̴e̴d̵ ̶m̵e̸m̸b̵e̶r̶?̴ ̴ ̸I̸s̷n̴'̷t̷ ̵r̸e̶d̵ ̵s̵u̴p̴p̴o̸s̶e̶d̶ ̴t̷o̷ ̷b̷e̶ ̷t̵h̴e̸ ̸l̸e̷a̵d̶e̶r̸ ̴i̶n̵ ̷s̴u̸p̴e̶r̸ ̴s̵e̷n̵t̸a̶i̷s̸?̷"̴
̶
̴
"̴W̴h̷o̶a̴ ̶n̶o̷w̵!̴ ̵ ̵W̵e̷ ̴a̶l̶r̷e̴a̵d̸y̶ ̷t̵a̸l̵k̵e̶d̸ ̵a̷b̴o̷u̴t̸ ̵t̸h̸a̷t̷!̸ ̷ ̵W̶e̵'̴r̸e̸ ̴n̵o̷t̷ ̶d̴o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̸t̶h̵i̵s̴ ̶a̷ ̴s̴u̴p̴e̵r̶ ̵h̶e̸r̴o̴ ̷s̶q̷u̷a̵d̵,̸ ̸o̸r̶ ̵w̸h̶a̶t̶e̶v̴e̷r̶ ̸s̸u̵p̴e̴r̵ ̷s̶e̵n̷t̵a̸i̸ ̵i̸s̴.̴ ̸ ̶T̷h̴i̷s̴ ̶i̴s̸ ̵j̵u̴s̵t̴ ̶t̴o̵ ̷i̵d̶e̷n̵t̶i̴f̴y̵ ̵e̶a̴c̴h̷ ̷o̴t̷h̸e̵r̶ ̴f̶o̴r̸ ̴b̴e̴t̶t̶e̸r̵ ̴o̶n̷ ̷t̶h̴e̴ ̶b̴a̸t̵t̶l̵e̴ ̸f̸i̵e̵l̶d̷.̴ ̶ ̵T̷h̴a̶t̵ ̷w̴a̸y̵ ̵w̷e̸ ̵d̷o̸n̸'̴t̸ ̵a̶c̶c̷i̷d̸e̴n̷t̶l̵y̸ ̵h̵i̴t̷ ̸e̷a̵c̷h̶ ̵o̷t̴h̴e̸r̵.̴"̵
̴
̶
"̵W̸a̸s̸n̷'̵t̷ ̵t̶h̴e̸r̶e̷ ̷a̵ ̴t̷e̷c̶h̸n̸i̴q̵u̸e̵ ̶o̵u̷t̶ ̸t̷h̸e̶r̸e̷ ̴a̴l̷r̷e̴a̷d̸y̸ ̶t̴h̶a̵t̷ ̴h̷e̷l̴p̵s̴ ̷w̷i̵t̶h̸ ̵t̴h̶a̴t̵?̷ ̴ ̴W̶h̴a̴t̵ ̴w̶a̸s̴ ̴i̶t̸?̶ ̵ ̷<̴<̴S̶w̵i̴t̵c̵h̷>̷≯?̶"̸
̶
̴"̶W̴e̸'̵l̸l̵ ̵h̴a̴v̶e̵ ̶t̷o̷ ̵t̷e̶s̷t̸ ̷i̴t̴ ̶o̸u̸t̸ ̵b̷e̶f̸o̸r̵e̵ ̶h̶a̵n̸d̴,̴ ̷b̷u̵t̶ ̵t̷h̶i̸s̶ ̵w̸a̷s̶ ̶a̷l̵l̸ ̴M̷i̵n̶a̶'̴s̶ ̷a̶n̷d̸ ̴V̴i̶x̵'̸s̸ ̸i̷d̸e̴a̴s̵.̴"̸
̷
̴"̸Y̵o̷u̴ ̸t̸w̷o̵ ̴w̵a̷t̷c̷h̷e̷d̵ ̵t̸o̷o̴ ̸m̷a̸n̴y̸ ̶p̷o̶w̵e̷r̷ ̵r̸a̶n̵g̶e̵r̵ ̴s̸h̷o̸w̷s̵ ̷g̵r̷o̶w̴i̷n̴g̷ ̷u̴p̸,̸ ̸d̶i̵d̷n̴'̸t̵ ̷y̴o̵u̶.̸"̷
̶
̶"̸I̴ ̶d̶o̷n̷'̶t̷ ̶k̴n̷o̵w̶ ̵w̸h̷a̶t̵ ̷y̴o̵u̷ ̸m̴e̵a̷n̶.̵"̵
̷
̴'̸W̵e̶l̷l̵,̸ ̵w̴h̶y̷ ̶d̴o̵n̶'̶t̵ ̵I̶ ̷a̶s̵k̴ ̵H̶i̵r̴r̴u̸.̶ ̷ ̵S̴w̵e̵e̷t̵i̷e̵,̵ ̷d̴o̵ ̵y̵o̶u̶ ̸l̶i̴k̸e̸ ̵m̷y̴ ̴n̴e̸w̵ ̶c̴o̸l̵o̸r̵ ̸p̸a̷l̵e̶t̴t̶e̵?̴"̵

This time, the voices were a bit more vivid and the image of that girl was a bit more clear.  He couldn't see a face, but he never really saw a face on the other three figures.  This one had long red hair pulled into spiraling pigtails.  Her outfit was akin to the newbie gear that everyone wore back when, but it was dyed violet.  Almost like the hanging flowers he saw here.  Was that what triggered his memories?  Only now were things coming up so often.  He held his head as if in pain, but more so from irritation.  These things were really going to degrade his mental state more than it already has.

"like someone..."

her voice trailed off. night had seen the tree, its vines and its flowers, yes, but not once did she register any of the sights as a body from a hanging. her body stilled, as her figure grew tense. she'd seen the tree, and even if she knew it was devoid of a corpse, it was difficult to bring herself to look back at it again.

unless the game had set it there, things like those were impossible, right? but maybe there was a special condition that only some players could see the corpse... or something. to trigger the summoning of the ghost... or other. night thought and doubted herself in cycles, before sighing and turning, trying to expel fear through her breath, to be brave enough to focus on the flowers, the foliage–

"... oh."

– there were no corpses here. but night could definitely start to see how hirru must've mistaken the silhouette, especially in the dark. thanking her lucky stars that she hadn't been privy to look upon a horrific image, she turned back to her friend, hoping to find the words to comfort him somewhere in the midst of their pause in brief conversation. if she was quiet for a moment longer, it was in registration of the way hirru had been holding his head.

she tilted her own, before walking up to her friend, placing a hand on his back if she couldn't reach his shoulders. "hey, you alright? look, i'm sure i would've made the same mistake, too, if i hadn't been careful looking around before. but there's nothing there."

and then night paused again, for two beats, before hastily add, "unless you can see something that i can't. then maybe we can stop looking at it and start talking about it instead? ...if it's causing you distress... then we can afford to look away..."

"Wha.. Huh?"

He didn't know how to feel about all of this.  He was sort of okay in talking about the memory loss, but only to those that really needed to know about it.  Those that took part in the 23rd floor raid had a right to know about it.  So why did he still not let Jomei and the others know?  Hell, he never told Freyd as much, and they started really going into Hirru's tales.  NIGHT didn't need to know about it. didthey  Hirru was hesitant to answer, and snapped a quick glimpse back to NIGHT.

"No!  There isn't.."

A flash of blue and he was dealing with another apparition, but this was the one that he was expecting; the girl w/ blue hair.  With a hand on his shoulder, she seemed to be worriedareyouokay, or at least that's what he thought he saw.  There was not much distortion around their face, but he still could not figure out who in the world this woman was.  Though, it still hurt so much to see her, for some reason.  A pained look would cross his face as he set eyes upon her.  Something that would not last long before he slowly blinked it away.

Hirru hung his head before starting to think about it a bit more.  Though, it was more to leave that girls visage out of his vision.  This sorrow was something he had to endureyoudon'thaveto, but not right now.  He had

..sorrow?

"We don't have to leave, but.."

The hunter stood firmly to what needed to be done next.  There was something here that was making him react it, and he was going to figure it out.  Even if he had to spill everything out to the one beside him.  He would look back with a bit firmer look, but the pain was still visible.

"..I think there is something to that thought process.."

night blinked slow, trying to decipher hirru's reactions. the staring, the blank look on his face, almost as though her friend was trying to capture something past her rather than at her. her own eyes had darted around his form, trying to figure out if there was any more subconscious body movements that she hadn't realized, only to watch hirru swing his head away, his eyes to the ground.

at the very least, she was glad that there hadn't been anything painful or distressing to look at, from the sounds of it. though night had wanted to follow up with something else to say, she opted to diffuse the faint nerves she'd gotten from hirru's reaction first, sights out towards the garden – though she realized there was nothing odd to see.

when hirru straightened his back again, night turned to acknowledge him, trying to understand his words –

"thought process...?"

– then the look, the hurt on his face. right. she'd seen that look fairly recently, far too often thus far, but it was enough to tell her enough about what hirru might be going through. if there weren't any physical ghosts present tonight, then it would be an emotional haunting.

she crossed her arms, glancing up at the flowers, their formation less menacing this time. then she nodded to her friend. "... if you're certain, if it's something you'd want to talk about... i'd listen." casually, the player waved a hand. "what else would anyone stay up at night to do, anyway?"

"I guess.."

He looked around, but there wasn't any place nearby to sit and watch the flowers, that is any place he wanted to move to.  They were still in the middle of the garden of flowers, with the tree's canopy covering them all.  The red-ish flowers that hung overhead would send a soft pinkish glow down, illuminating the golden flowers underneath.  The night was still young, and it would probably still be after what he would have to say.

"..I should tell another tale."

Slowly, he would walk back to the other side of the tree, where the stone pathing would encircle the tree and it's flowers.  Although he had already damaged quite a few of the flora from his outburst; he was now treading carefully through.  This place had some significance or else it wouldn't have been made with such precision.

"Though this one will be slightly different from the last one.  It also plays into 23rd floor raid, and why I was so easily provoked to action back then."

Finding nowhere to sit properly, the hunter would find the edge of the stone path that encircles the area, and sit down upon the edge next to the flowers.  A few of the lightning bugs that were settling around the area had flown off, leaving the area with a hazy of color and glow.  

"It's a tale that is difficult to tell, as the ending has yet to be completed; the story is still ongoing."

He would interlock his fingers and fiddle with them a bit.  How was he going to start it?  There were so many ways that he could talk about it, but there were never any good ways.  He just needed to do it his way.

"Yet, the beginning has been lost and forgotten.  A story without a viable beginning and end, to where I repeat the mid, until I find where the beginning actually starts.."

"..and how it ends."