[F01-PP] [Ryoubai & Akatsu] Finally Getting Somewhere <<The First Lesson>>

Spoiler

Searching for Quest Materials:
Materials Found: 3/5 Kat 3/5 Ryou

Searching for Treasure Chest:
Roll ID: 209733
LD: 2
No Chest Found

Kat's eyes lit up as Ryou found a solution to her problem. That was her Ryou, all Kat ever had to do was ask, and Ryou would usually find a way. She looked at the bouquet that she had made, and couldn't help the childish grin that drew across her face. She giggled and thought that all the colorful flowers worked incredibly well together, and was so very impressed with all that Ryou had managed to find in just the short time they had been wandering around these fields. But Ryou had always been resourceful, and that was one of the things Kat adored about her. She just wished that Ryou could accept that herself. She held the bouquet out triumphantly, watching the flowers blow lightly in the breeze that blew by. Kat knew that this was special, and she hoped that the game would let her cherish it forever. But, she also knew that there was someone else who would find it to be even more special.

Kat held the bouquet out, and gave Ryou a light bow, "Do you want it?" Kat asked, hiding her face behind the bouquet so that Ryou wouldn't see the blush that was growing there.

Edited by Akatsu
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Roll ID: 209753
LD: 5

Ryou's eyes twinkled and she smiled as well, looking into Kat's eyes. She then looked at the bouquet, it looked good even though they were just gathering random plants. The cool breeze blew past them. Ryou felt breathless. The sun shined on Kat's hair just right. She had never noticed it before. She felt like an idiot for not noticing sooner. Her eyes widened and her cheeks went flush when Kat asked her if she wanted the bouquet. "W-Well... if you feel okay with giving it to me, yes. I'll take it. I hope it won't wilt in my inventory." She gently took it from Kat and looked at it, examining the petals as to not stare at Kat so much. She then looked up at her noticing the blush growing quickly on her face. She couldn't help but smile. 

"Thank you for the bouquet. I'll always have it with me if I can help it. I'll have to figure out how to keep it alive." She put the bouquet away and scooted over to Kat, hugging her tightly. She couldn't let Kat's gift go without something in return and she thought a hug would do. No one had ever been as nice to her as Kat had in their couple years of friendship.

Edited by Ryoubai
Spoiler

Roll ID: 209754
LD: 5

Kat squeaked from the unexpected hug. She immediately panicked for a moment, She thought something was wrong with Ryou, usually Ryou only hugged her if she was drunk and needed support. But Ryou definitely wasn’t drunk, so she worried that something else was wrong. Was she hurt? Tired?

Once Kat gave herself a chance to think about it though, she realized that this was warmer, gentler. Ryou was just hugging her. Kat’s blush grew even redder as she realized this, and she tried her best not to panic for an entirely different reason. “I-I’m glad you like it! We’ll find a way to keep it alive, I’m sure of it! You’re so incredibly smart, you can figure out anything!”

Kat heaped on the praise in order to hide her nervousness at being this close to Ryou like this. She hugged her friend back, in the end. And decided to cherish the moment. Who knew when it would happen again?

Edited by Akatsu
Spoiler

Roll ID: 209780
LD: 12
Materials Found: 3/5 Kat 4/5 Ryou

Her face grew redder with each compliment. She covered her mouth. "Y-You... really think that of me? Kat, you're too nice to me..." She said, smiling. Though it was a bit of a sheepish smile. Ryou hugged her a little tighter. Kat had paused to hug her back and Ryou wondered if she had made Kat uncomfortable with the gesture. Perhaps it wasn't the proper way to show her appreciation for the bouquet. She wasn't sure. She was stuttering as she talked, was she making her too uncomfortable. Ryou gently let go of her, looking into her eyes. 

"Did I make you feel too nervous? I'm sorry! I'm not... great with showing how I feel. You already know that though." She chuckled wryly. She looked away and spotted another flower patch. "Here. Why don't I get you another flower to keep for yourself?" There were what looked to be white lilies growing near a drier patch of grass. She picked two of them, one for herself and other for Kat. She held one out to her and smiled.

Edited by Ryoubai
Spoiler

Roll ID: 209784
LD: 18
Materials Found: 4/5 Kat 4/5 Ryou

Kat giggled as Ryou went to grab some more flowers. Ryou really did worry too much, but Kat was honestly used to that. She took the flower from Ryou with a light blush still on her cheeks. She was happy that she had gotten the hug. She was happy that they were finally able to spend this kind of uninterrupted time together. It was almost magical. If not for the fact that they were trapped in a video game and basically being hunted by an evil stalker.

But Kat tried her best to put that out of her mind for now. “You didn’t make me nervous, okay?” Kat managed to finally explain, breaking away from her thoughts. Kat honestly wanted to tell her how she felt, but Ryou always seemed so serious and no-nonsense that she didn’t think Ryou would actually take to it all that well. She smiled to herself lightly, still allowing herself a bit of a daydream, nonetheless.

Edited by Akatsu
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Roll ID: 209828
LD: 6
Materials Found: 4/5 Kat 4/5 Ryou

Ryou looked at Kat, surprised by the fact that she didn't make her nervous. She seemed to make everyone else around her nervous. It was probably the angry or bored look on her face at all times. It didn't help Ryou wasn't prone to letting her guard down, and here she was, treating Kat much differently than she did in real life. Though, she supposed it was warranted given the fight they had and how much of Ryou's stubbornness Kat had to endure throughout their friendship. "I... really didn't?" She asked, her brows raising. "I guess I'm not used to that either. You know me, always scaring all of the men at the bar." She let out a wry chuckle. It wasn't particularly funny now, given that a man from the bar was now hunting them down with a group of what she assumed to be his friends, and if not friends, some perverted acquaintances.

Ryou let out a sigh and laid in the grass. She looked at the sky and let the calm wash over her. She didn't need to worry about that now. The both of them were okay so far. She didn't want it to change. She wanted them to always be safe and healthy with each other. She wanted to apologize, but figured she had done enough of that already. She couldn't say sorry enough for being a stick in the mud all the time. In the same vein, she wanted to apologize to the people she had left behind by being trapped here. Surely her family would be worried sick and if not worried than in a bad spot financially. She shut her eyes tight, trying to push the thoughts from her mind. She was just trying to have a nice time with Kat. Why wouldn't her brain let her have just this one moment?

Edited by Ryoubai
Spoiler

Searching for Quest Materials:
Roll ID: 209829
LD: 18
Materials Found: 5/5 Kat 4/5 Ryou

Kat watched as Ryou laid in the grass. “Yeah, I meant it. I’m not all the men at the bar. I was the first person who wanted to be your friend, despite how much of a sourpuss you were.” Kat giggled, and jumped up to her feet, before running off after another set of small boars. These ones were definitely babies, and squealed in fright and scattered every which way from the girl charging at them.

Kat wanted to break up the monotony. Her and Ryou had been out in this field for what felt like ages, with nothing to do but pick flowers and talk to each other. And while Kat enjoyed both of those things, she also knew that the quest was almost finally done. After the board scattered again, and with Kat being none the wiser of any repercussions of her actions, she looked down to find yet another truffle hiding in the grass. “Ryou! I found another mushroom! I got enough materials for that dumb old man!”

Edited by Akatsu
Spoiler

Roll ID: 209830
LD: 3

Ryou sat up with wide eyes once Kat ran off, there were more baby boars. Ryou frowned. One of their parents could be around and be very angry at Kat for scaring them away. Hopefully they would be able to find their way back. Then she remembered, they would have to. It was part of the game, right? If she was understanding it correctly. 

She got up and went over to Kat just in case she needed her there and stood next to her. She didn't like leaving Kat alone, even if she didn't want to admit it to her. Ryou was perfectly content with gathering flowers all day. It was the most peace she had felt in a while despite the distressing situation and their previous breakdown. She smiled at Kat and looked at the mushroom. "Well, then we can stop after I get mine. I'm sorry I haven't been gathering as much. It's been nice to just... relax with you. I know it doesn't seem like I am but I really am trying!"

Edited by Ryoubai
Spoiler

Searching for Non-Quest Materials
Roll ID: 209831
LD: 14
Materials Found: 0 Kat 0 Ryou

Kat giggled as Ryou tried to explain that she was just having a good time. Kat understood, but it was still nice to hear Ryou say it for once. She didn't mind this adventure, as slow paced and leisurely as it had been. Surely they would have more adventures that were more high action and full of adrenaline. But this was fine for now. Kat figured she shouldn't just sit on her laurels though. She figured she could help Ryou find some materials herself rather than leaving it all to her friend.

And so, Kat got on her hands and knees and began rooting around in the grass like she hat watched the boars do, hoping that maybe mimicking them would lead to results. Really though, all this resulted in was her looking a bit silly, foolish even, as she dug around fruitlessly. Falling back onto her butt, she looked up at Ryou with dust and dirt all over her face and hands, giggling away, knowing that she probably looked so silly.

"I got a little too into it," Kat admitted, a giant grin on her face as she watched Ryou in response.

Edited by Akatsu
Spoiler

Roll ID: 209832
LD: 15
Materials Found: 5/5 Kat 5/5 Ryou

Ryou stared as Kat got onto her hands and knees, acting like one of the boars. Her brows furrowed in confusion. She couldn't keep a straight face for long, breaking into a giggle fit. She wondered if Kat acting like a boar would actually help, but then she came up with nothing. It wasn't like her luck the first time around, finding a mushroom where a boar had been sniffing around. She went up to Kat after she was done, looking at the dirt all over her and cracked a smile. "Now you're all messy... here." She began to wipe Kat's face with her sleeve, concentrating. 

"That's alright. You tried at least." She stopped wiping her face and then looked down in the dirt with her. Her eyes widened. She spotted a clover and gently plucked it. "It's not a four-leaf clover, but it'll do. I think that's all I have to gather. Would you like to go back now?" She asked, standing and holding out her hand for Kat to grab onto.

Edited by Ryoubai