[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living: Forager>>

Getting out of bed, Row felt weird. It felt like something changed, time passed but has it really? Her head ached for a bit before she checked her status. Everything was suddenly different. She went up a level, her Hit Points were much higher and her Energy was almost doubled. Her gear looked more powerful but she was also missing some stuff. While most of the stuff missing was not really anything she cared about, there was one thing that kind of annoyed her. She did not have her best piece of armor. Did the game glitch and remove it? Was she robbed? The girl slapped her forehead and kept looking. At least she had her Twilight Requiem but it was different. It had a new trait which replaced one of her Regen traits. That was not the end of it though. The system said Regen did not stack with Battle Healing.

Spoiler

Status
LvL: 12
Base Stats:
Health: 240 | Energy: 42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) | Regen 4% Max HP (9HP)
Mit: 14 | Ax Dmg: 4 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (24) | PARA I | Thorn II (18)
LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5
Battle Ready Inventory: 6

Equipped Items
Divide and Conquer | T2 Perfect Axe | ACC II, Bleed I
Embargo | T2 Perfect Shield | Thorn II, PARA I
Twilight Requiem | T1 Perfect Heavy Armor | 2 Regen, 1 MIT

Battle Ready Inventory
1. 5x Heath Potion (5% HP)
2. Declaration of War | T2 Perfect Axe | DAM II, Bleed I

Consumed Items

Skills

Searching 5/5
Axes 1/5
Battle Healing 1/5
Heavy Armor 1/5
Quick Change (3 CD)
Howl (2 CD)

Edited by Row

She could have sworn that enhancement use to stack with it. Then she went to her skill list and noticed battle healing read a bit different than she thought. Was she crazy and just misremembering things because of her headache? She groaned and then started inspecting different parts of her UI. It was here that she noticed something strange.
"Wait... Didn't I start the Earning a Living quest? Where did it go? Don't tell me I have to start over again. Ughh. This is stupid." The girl looked at the available quest list and saw it there but it was different. When she clicked on it, there were like over 5 different options compared to the one from before. One was Earning a Living: Appraiser which was weird. "Is this the merchant one?" It indeed was. All the other ones looked like the professions she was aware of except for two. "Fishing and Forging? What are these?"

Upon reading further into it, she learned that they both gave you bonuses when forging. Forging gave money and extra Mats while Fishing gave treasure chest at a very low drop rate. Her eyes glowed as she clicked the fishing one but then she stopped. "Getting Mats might be the better one. Plus, extra coins would not hurt. Also, I might not be near a water source all the time. If I recall correctly, everyone needs mats and some people even use it as a currency. Plus, it looks easier to get the bonus effects. So let's try that one first. It seems I can redo these quest anyway so if I don't like it, then I will just re do this quest."  
According to the quest information, the NPC wanders around the floor camping and in different areas. While this was great for realism, this was horrible for saving time.

She was going to be forced to wander around the largest floor to find her. Lucky for her, she heard some talks from wandering NPCs about the woman's location. It was here that her quest tracker updated and gave her a better idea of her location. "Find Giovanna Tarragon in the « Plains »." Oh that made things much easier. Plus it kind of made sense. It was a large area with plenty of things to forage. She chuckled at the force connection and terrible joke. Then she ran off.Soon enough, the girl came across a campsite with a small wagon. As she got several meters in range, her quest updated and then a woman walked out of the wagon. She was in an all green dress with a brown cosset and a dark green cloak. her hair came in front of her as one big braid wrapped in vines and white flowers. On her forehead was a silver circlet with a green gem in the middle and the woman had a sash like belt around her waist with 3 potion vials hanging from her waist.

Edited by Row

Then the woman spoke. It was at this point that Row engaged with the NPC to continue the quest. The NPC gave some generic comments about how people don't like to be suppliers. Eventually the NPC would pull out a compass and explain how it can locate something called a Demonic Shard. Row was a bit confused by this. Like, she never heard of this item and she had been in the game for a small bit. Sure she was still early in the levels but this was crazy. Maybe it was just a special quest item. Her quest updated and the girl ventured off. It was time for a treasure hunt.

Using this Demonic Compass, she proceed to explore the floor for anything that would look like a demonic shard. She found a diamond looking patch of grass which had some nice herbs in the grass but there was no shard. 
209735 LD:10+5 CD:4
+1 Mat 

Edited by Row

Unfortunately she did not know what to look for. Was a demonic shard like some corrupted looking metal? With a sigh she kept walking. Following the demonic Compass, there was no sign of the item being anywhere near. She twisted it around and spun around but the arrow just pointed in the same direction. This thing had to be broken. So the girl just ventured off inspecting various plants. However, most of it was just stupid grass. Grass was not a material. Maybe if it was special grass but even then. She doubted this "demonic shard" would be a grass. Closing her eyes, she started trying to picture the item. Her mind drew up a diamond shape piece of metal that was maybe dark blue, almost black, with lines of red and orange. Maybe it had a bright magma like aura around it. That would make it look pretty cool. 

209736 (Fail)

Edited by Row

Though, a beginner quest giver giving away something so cool so early on was a bit of a stretch. The girl let out a heavy sigh. Arrow on the Demonic Compass continued to not wobble or change in direction. No matter how she moved, how fast she moved, or how erratic her pathing was, it just pointed into one direction. Looking around, she really thought that her searching skill was suppose to make this easier but at last, here she was failing to find anything. It was at that time that she stumbled across some herbs. It was not exactly a shard but she would take it. Still should not have that much difficulty. Was this how it has always been? Checking her inventory, she verified that the stuff she did have was not just a dream. She had the correct amount of col. She had the correct number of Mats. 

209737 LD: 10+5 CD:1
+1 Mat

Edited by Row

Her search and detect skill did not exist. Instead she had something called Search and it was maxed out. "Oh, so I should be extra good at this... SO WHY CAN'T I FIND THIS STUPID SHARD." The girl groaned and the looked at the compass to keep moving in the direction of the arrow. Suddenly, there was a change. The arrow flicked. The girl screamed with excitement and started dashing into the direction only to trip over large rock. "Ugh. Why is this a mechanic. I am getting so annoyed with this game. Like why can't I... oh look a mushroom." The girl carefully plucked the fungus from the ground. It had a bright red cap with white spots. It was probably poison but maybe a skilled cook could pull something useful out of the fungus. Then she returned to sprinting. She had to complete this quest as soon as possible.

209738: LD:18 CD:2
+1 Mat 

Edited by Row

The arrow on the demonic compass started twitching more. The girl was getting closer to the shard but now she was a bit confused. See, compasses typically point north right? Since this was a "demonic" compass she assumed that it would point to the shard. But with how it was erratically moving she was starting to have second thoughts. She turned in a different direction to test her theory and the demonic compass and the arrow darted back into the other direct while still freaking out. So she went back into running into that direction. Soon enough the arrow on the compass started spinning in complete circles. The shard was here. She had to be close. Only she would learn of disappointment. A loud cry of excitement came from another voice another player. He found the shard before her. With a heavy sigh, she looked at the demonic compass again.

209739 (fail)

Edited by Row

It pointed into 1 direction just like when she first started. If only she knew how this quest worked. If only she moved quicker. If only she didn't trip, stop, and smelled the mushroom. Maybe she could have beaten that other player to the demonic shard. With a heavy sigh she took her first step to a new hunt. Only, the compass started spiraling out of control. The demonic shard was close just like before. Only this time, it did not give her a direction. That meant she was right on top of it. She moved her hand above her eyes which were filled with stars. "Oh treasure, Where are you by precious babies." It would not take long before she uncovered a Demonic Shard hiding in a patch of grass. "Ha, that was just too easy! To think the game thought it could pull one over on someone like me." 

209740 LD:12+5 CD:7
+1 Demonic Shard

Edited by Row

Her arrogance bubbled up, shielding her from the many failures for this beginner quest. She did not mind as she inspected the demonic shard as if it was a golden doubloon. As a treasure hunter, she felt it was expected to achieve such a great feat so quickly, once again ignoring the fact that it took her quite a bit to find this thing. Not only that, but the first one she found was taken by another player. So as the girl boasted to herself about how great she was, she decided to collect another material just to capitalize on her luck. Unfortunately, that was were her luck ended. She was unable to find any materials thus she was force to walk back and return to the NPC quest giver. The walk of shame was hard but at least nobody was around to see such a blunder. At least, that is what she hoped.

209741 (fail)

Edited by Row

It was a long trek back and Row even tried to see if she could locate any more mats. She was unfortunately still unsuccessful but at last, that was okay. The NPC, <<Giovanna Tarragon>> was not really looking for mats. She just wanted the <<Demonic Shard>>. Upon reaching her, she admitted to being impressed that the girl was able to locate the item which the girl took offensive to. Like, she was the best hunter out there. However, she quickly remembered that this was just an NPC. She always said that to everyone. An awkward chuckle replaced her irritation. By now, the woman was grinning and returning the <<Demonic Shard>>. The <<Cursed Compass>> had to be returned though which was not a problem though. It was a terrible device and had a horrible system for finding things. Compasses should always point north or in this case to the item itself. 
209742 (fail)

Edited by Row

It was at this point that <<Giovanna Tarragon>> started explaining what <<Demonic Shards>> did but the girl was not listening. She had already did a little bit of reading before starting this quest. The woman made a little joke about how she is going to have to get more the hard way but little did the woman know, the girl was probably the greatest, self declared, treasure hunter in the game. She was sure by the next day she would be flooded in those things. In fact, she was going to go out today. After getting the notification that her quest was completed, and she got the new profession, the girl rushed off to go look for more materials. She wanted to get another shard not only for herself but for her pride as a treasure hunter. Sadly there was nothing around her. Not even normal materials were present in the area.

209743 (fail)

Edited by Row

With another failure under her belt, the girl decided to move forward to another area. These grasslands sucked for finding shards. If anything it made sense since it did not look like a plant. She pulled up a map and started looking at the different areas on the first floor. "Im already in the « Plains »... « Titan's Peak » would be too annoying to venture on. So... that means. I should go to « The Stone Valley ». It was a pretty long trek. With her pace, it probably took about 20 minutes. Part of that was due to her not really running or jogging but a good bit of it was because she was not trying to trigger the aggro of mobs like boars or wolves. It was dumb but with her focus being on finding mats, it was important. That being said, she stilled tried to look around for mats but hurt luck was just too poor.

209744 (fail)

Edited by Row

Arriving in « The Stone Valley », the girl started her hunt for ore, stones, and gems. Though there was plenty of grass so herbs could be something else she could look for. There were also mushrooms, flowers, and stones. There was small scatters of forest as well allowing one to find fruits, some edible vegetation. Also with trees, you had nuts and lumber. There was a river that went through this valley so that added clay, fish, and water base resources like flint and water vegetation. Still, she was going to focus on the more rarely scattered nodes of ore, gems, and stones. She liked the challenge and it would make her feel much better to prove her luck was not the worst. That was what happened, she discovered a node of copper jetting out of the base of one of the hills that evolved into the surrounding mountain.

209745 LD:13+5
+1 Mat

Edited by Row