[PP-F1] Conquering the Floor 1

It was time to go on a hunt. It had been so long since she did any "real combat." Today, she wanted to take on a field boss. She was sure she could defeat this creature now that she had all her gear but well this was something you were suppose to do with a party. In fact, this was something you were suppose to do at a much lower level. So in order to get the best experience out of this, she posted a noticed looking for a party and listing herself as a tank. She was not the best offensively but she did have her own special strat for things like this. Plus she had a new skill called howl. Given the events that happened on her last big party fight, she wanted to make sure she could properly keep people alive. All she had to do was wait for someone to answer the notice will sitting in a tavern at the <<Town of Beginnings>> which was also listed as the meeting spot for this hunt on the notice.

Spoiler

Status
LvL: 12
Base Stats:
Health: 240 | Energy: 42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) 
Mit: 44 | Ax Dmg: 4 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (24) | PARA I | Thorn II (36)
LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5
Battle Ready Inventory: 6

Equipped Items
Divide and Conquer | T2 Perfect Axe | ACC II, Bleed I
Embargo | T2 Perfect Shield | Thorn II, PARA I
Diplomatic Immunity | T2 Perfect Heavy Armor | MIT III

Battle Ready Inventory
1. 5x Heath Potion (5% HP)
2. Declaration of War | T2 Perfect Axe | DAM II, Bleed I

Consumed Items

Skills

Searching 5/5
Axes 1/5
Battle Healing 1/5
Heavy Armor 1/5
Quick Change (3 CD)
Howl (2 CD)

Edited by Row
I did not calculate my stats correctly. Adjusted my Mit to 44 and my thorns to 36. Also removed Regen

Zenshu’d found the notice on the board by pure coincidence. He’d been glancing about for signs of any upcoming events, or quests, or anything that would help him. The request had been tucked aside, clearly added by a player – and relatively vague. It had given the description of a local tavern, a place he’d never heard of before, nor visited. Curiosity overtaking him, he’d decided to test the waters and see what the request was all about.

Entering the tavern, it was about what he’d expected – a small bar, with a limited clientele and a barkeep that looked straight out a fantasy novel. Zenshu gave a small bow of his head, smiling in return to the welcoming gesture from the barkeep, before making his way towards the lone individual who appeared to be here by themselves. Approaching the player in question, Zenshu gave a broad smile before speaking aloud.

“I hope I’m not walking up on the wrong person, but would you happen to be Row? The one who posted, requesting assistance – or rather, requesting a partner, or partners – in taking on the field boss of this floor?” Zenshu gave a slight bow before continuing, keeping his hands folding in front of him. “You may call me Zenshu. I noticed on the advertisement that you had stated you were a tank? I myself focus on a more damaged focus primary. Perhaps I’d be able to assist you, even though it’s only me?”

He waited patiently to see what the girl would say, wondering if he’d be turned away. He knew he didn’t look like much, the general haori and samue less than the flashy gear that many other players wore. But he also knew that appearance wasn’t everything in this game, and that sometimes surprises could be found in the most unexpected places.

------

Word Count: 303

-----

Spoiler

Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 38/38 | DMG: 8 | LD: 5 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1

Tier 1

Equipped Items

Ninjato  [Tier 1; One-Handed Straight Sword; Uncommon] A simple black, single edged ninjato.
Enhancement: Damage [1 Slot] | Effect: +(1 * Tier) base damage per slot.

Light Blue Samue [Tier 1 Clothing; Perfect] A simple light blue samue, well crafted and loose fitting. This piece appears to be in a traditional fashion, and contains wide cuffs.
Enhancement: Loot Die [3 Slots] | Effect: Gain +(1 per slot) to the LD.

Light Blue Haori [Tier 1 Cloth Armour; Perfect] A simple light blue haori, long enough to hang around the knees, but light enough to not be overbearing.
Enhancement: Evasion [1 Slot] | Effect: Reduces the die value by (1 per slot) on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.
Enhancement: Regen [1 Slot] | Effect: After taking damage, gain Regen at the beginning of your next turn. Heal (2% per slot of your total health) every turn for three rounds. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. Taking damage while Regen is active will refresh it to its full duration.
Enhancement: Risky [1 Slot] | Effect: When you take damage, gain +(1 per slot * Tier) base damage until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Taking damage again will refresh this enhancement. Must be using the Cloth Armor Skill for this enhancement to take effect.

Fox Head Necklace [Vanity]

Battle-Ready Inventory

Starter Healing Potions {5} | Heals 50 HP
T1 Uncommon Health Potion {1} | HP Recovery I
T1 Uncommon Damage Potion {1} | Damage I
T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potions {1} | Overhealth I
T1 Rare Health Potion | HP Recovery II

Inventory

Shadow [Tier 2; One-Handed Straight Sword; Perfect] A shorter ninjato, this single edge blade is entirely black from the string wrappings on the hilt, to the tip of the blade itself.
Enhancement: Damage [1 Slot] | Effect: +(1 * Tier) base damage per slot.
Enhancement: Accuracy [2 Slots] | Effect: Gain +(1 per slot) to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit.
Arrowhead Brooch | ACC III
Big Bertha Barnacle {1} | Unique Consumable (Meal) | A fishy entree that restores +2 additional EN each turn in combat for one thread.

Sword Arts

[x8] ST-I (8 EN) | A single-target sword art.
[x11]
ST-II (11 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x3] AOE-I (1 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x4] TECH-A (5 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Weapon Skills

Straight Sword
Rank 3
Passive
Effect: +5 DMG

Armour Skills

Cloth Armour
Rank 3
Passive
Effect: +12 MIT

[Rank 3 Cloth Armor Mod] Athletics
Effect: Gain +1base Damage.

Utility Skills

Searching
Rank 3
Passive
Effect: +1 LD per rank. +1 to Stealth Detection per rank.

[Rank 2 Searching Mod] Night Vision
Passive
Effect: Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness. Negates the bonus Stealth Rating from low light or darkness. 

Row had been sitting at her table as the only player in this tavern for so long. It was almost time to start the hunt and with nobody coming, she was afraid she was going to have to do it alone. It was a bit sad but what's done is done. She started to stand up only to see someone enter the building. She gasped before clapping her hands excitedly. "Oh, oh, you saw my flyer. This is so great. I was thinking I was going to have to hunt this treasure alone but now I get to have help." The girl hastily left her chair and attempted to grab the other player's hand. "Yes, yes! I am Row. Hunter of all that is valuable. Are you ready to get an easy item!" She quickly initiated the party invite, "Being a damage dealer is Perfect! That should sync well with me. My build is a bit selfish and requires the enemies to hit me to be most effective. I hope that is all right."

Once the boy accepted the invite she would give a small cheer. "Awesome. lets go, lets go!" As the two started walking she started to explain the hunt. "So so so like you said, We will be hunting the boss on this floor.  The Man-Eating Shrubbery <<Nepent Variant>>. Now I'm not a man so I have nothing to worry about but My research tells me that it has some healing, an aoe attack... and... uhh... I think it can increase its defenses. Even if we don't have a party of 4 as long as you let me keep aggro, I'm sure we can take this thing out pretty quickly. Are you still up for that task Zenshu?" 

Edited by Row

He was caught off guard by the girl’s sudden change in demeanor. Far more outgoing, than she had first appeared, Zenshu couldn’t help but smile as she bombarded him with questions. He nodded along as she explained her own playstyle, before confirming once more that he was indeed ready for anything that the game could throw at them.

“I’ll be entirely honest, this is my first time facing a field boss…but I think I can handle it. We can definitely keep the aggro focused on you though, I won’t complain about that! It allows me to slam into it from the flank as required, and then…” He paused as he realised he was getting caught up in all the action and excitement. “Well, I guess I’ll just focus on cutting it down as best as I can! For now, I guess we should just head out and find it, and then tear it down! I’m sure that between the two of us, we’ll do absolutely fine against it!”

Zenshu’s smile had split his face in response to the other player’s excitement, the feeling seeming to impact him as well. He couldn’t wait to get into the field and see what Aincrad had in store for them. As he carried on alongside the other player, carefully interjecting and answering her questions when needed, he found himself happy just to have someone else to talk to, someone else to engage with.

“I think this will be easy, with our two skills corresponding to one another!” Zenshu let out a laugh as he watched the other player moving alongside him. He wondered where she’d been, while Zenshu had been preparing himself to face the frontlines – she appeared to be well versed in the game, clearly carrying some experience. Yet she was still here, on the lower floors. He shook his head, deciding there was no point in asking.

Deciding that it would be best to be prepared for a fight, Zenshu swapped out the samue he normally wore for more common attire, donning the brooch that he had stored away for just such occasions. Almost casually, he called forth his small ninjato, carrying it in a relaxed grip at his side.

Switching Light Blue Samue for Arrowhead Brooch
Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 38/38 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1

----

The field boss had been easier to locate than Zenshu had expected – standing tall in the centre of an open grassland, essentially appearing to taunt and dare players to approach it. Giving one final beaming smile at the other player, glancing up at his HUD in order to confirm that the party was still in play, Zenshu rushed forward towards the boss.

He ducked underneath the first strike, rolling and drawing the blade in his hand in two small movements, before turning and slashing out at the giant plant-thing with a backhanded slash. The blade seemed to run parallel to his arm, the point barely jutting out beyond his elbow in the relaxed, yet firm grip.

-------

[1] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 30/38 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[0] Row
Health: 240 | Energy: 42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) | Regen 4% Max HP (9HP) | Mit: 14 | Ax Dmg: 4 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (24) | PARA I | Thorn II (18) LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5

Nepent Variant HP: 146/200 | MIT: 10 | DMG: 25 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: 0
Plant Frenzy | On MD 9-10, the Nepent will strike all party members for 35 DMG.
Photosynthesis | On CD 9-12, the Nepent will restore 15 HP and gain 5 MIT until its next turn.
Weapon Lock | Only Sword Arts of Rank 2 or lower may be used against this boss.
Tier Lock | For the duration of the fight, all of the participants’ stats that scale with Tier are calculated as though they’re Tier 1. [DMG/MIT/BLEED enhancements etc.]

Round One
ID209765 | BD: 6+3=9 | <<ST-I vs. Nepent Variant>> | Hit: 8x8-10 = 54 DMG

-------

Word Count: 485

Edited by Zenshu

It did not take long for them to locate the monster. It was so weird and reminded her of a combination between a pocket monster and a digital Monster. "Disgusting. I can't wait for us to cut it down!" Her party member as also in agreeance as he lunged forward and unleash a devastating 8 hit combination of slashes and effectively chunked the creatures HP down to about 75%. It did not seem like a crit but the girl wanted to make sure she played this safe. Keeping him alive would end this encounter like 10 times sooner anyway. So she activated her skill <<Howl>>. Smacking her shield she proceeded to taunt the plant beast. "Over here big lips. Don't you want a piece of this?" 

The Nepent looked at Zenshu before turning to Row. The taunt was successful. The beast opened the bulb on its head which bloomed into a flower. The monster's HP started to rise. Its skin stiffed. Then the beast activated <<Plant Frenzy>>. Vines extended from its body and then lashed out hitting everything in the area. The plant beast then roared and faced Row. "Ouch... bit cheeky of you to bypass my taunt like that foul weed."

[1] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 177/200 | EN: 30/38 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[2] Row |
Lv. 12 Health: 231/240 | Energy: 40/42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) | Mit: 26 | Ax Dmg: 4 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (12) | PARA I | Thorn II (18) LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5 (stats lowered due to Tier Lock)
[Howl used]

Nepent Variant HP: 161/200 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 25 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: 0
Plant Frenzy | On MD 9-10, the Nepent will strike all party members for 35 DMG.
Photosynthesis | On CD 9-12, the Nepent will restore 15 HP and gain 5 MIT until its next turn.
Weapon Lock | Only Sword Arts of Rank 2 or lower may be used against this boss.
Tier Lock | For the duration of the fight, all of the participants’ stats that scale with Tier are calculated as though they’re Tier 1. [DMG/MIT/BLEED enhancements etc.]
209766 MD: 10 CD: 10

Nepent Variant Healed for 15.
Nepent Variant raised its Mit for 1 round.
Nepent Variant used an aoe
Row took 35-26 = 9 dmg
Zenshu took 35-12 = 23 dmg

Edited by Row

The vine slammed into Zenshu, just as he’d been about to speak his success. Feeling the wind almost knocked out of him from the blow, he felt himself slide backwards a few steps in response. The strike had come almost out of nowhere, the plant being semi-docile, until suddenly it moved into a near frenzied state.

“Hey watch out for the…yeah, those…” He called out as he saw Row take the same strike that had hit him. He listened as his newfound partner jeered and jested at the creature, acting as if it somehow understood her – and perhaps it did? Zenshu had never taken the time to consider it, wanting instead to simply end these fights as quickly as possible.

Shrugging it aside, he ducked underneath another wild vine, before pushing himself into motion. His initial attack had gone well, allowing him to cut away at the creature. He’d seen the effect of Row’s howl ability take route, drawing the creature towards the tank over Zenshu himself – something he was more than happy to have happen.

“Keep it occupied, I’ll try and cut it down on the flank, and from behind!” He called out as he slipped underneath yet another wild vine. He rolled to his left, allowing the blade to follow his movement and hoping the tip would slice along the creature’s side. He could feel the sword art activate, the blue shimmer on the air following the motion, leaving a trail telling of where his weapon had been; where it had started, and where it was going. Let’s not be too long at this, now. Quick, clean, simple.

-----

[2] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 179/200 [+2 Regen] | EN: 20/38 | DMG: 9 (8+1; Risky) | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[2] Row | 
Lv. 12 Health: 231/240 | Energy: 40/42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) | Mit: 26 | Ax Dmg: 4 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (12) | PARA I | Thorn II (18) LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5 (stats lowered due to Tier Lock)
[Howl used]

Nepent Variant HP: 77/200 | MIT: 15 | DMG: 25 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: 0
Photosynthesis | On CD 9-12, the Nepent will restore 15 HP and gain 5 MIT until its next turn.
Tier Lock | For the duration of the fight, all of the participants’ stats that scale with Tier are calculated as though they’re Tier 1. [DMG/MIT/BLEED enhancements etc.]

Round Two
ID209767 | BD: 4+3=7 | <<ST-II vs. Nepent Variant>> | Hit: 9x11-15 = 84 DMG

-----

Word Count: 270

Going into her stance, she readied herself for the next round of combat. She circled the plant monster so that Zenshu could attack the beast while remaining out of line of sight? This was assuming the creature could even see. With this opening, Zenshu unleash a devastating 11 hit combo of slashes with his sword art chunking the beast below 50 percent. At this rate, she was sure they were going to win this in the next round assuming she was given the chance to counter attack. As the monster switched aggro, the girl let out a battle cry and charged forward unleashing her very own Sword art and a 4 hit combo. It did not really do any damage but it did force the creature to turn back to her which was suppose to be great. Unfortunately, the monster was really enjoying hitting everyone so it just well, used its <<Plant Frenzy>> again shooting out vines to ravage the area. "Really game!" Row shouted as she got lashed. "Why am I even tanking if your just going to do AOEs the whole time!"

[2] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 156/200 [+2 Regen] | EN: 20/38 | DMG: 9 (8+1; Risky) | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[3] Row | 
Lv. 12 Health: 224/240 | Energy: 37/42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) | Mit: 26 | Ax Dmg: 4 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (12) | PARA I | Thorn II (18) LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5 (stats lowered due to Tier Lock)
[ST-I used] [Howl CD (3/3)]
Row recovered 2 HP (BH)

209768 BD 8+2
Nepent took 4*4-15 = 1 dmg

Nepent Variant HP: 76/200 | MIT: 10 | DMG: 25 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: 0

209769 M: 9 CD: 4
Nepent Variant used an aoe
Row took 35-26 = 9 dmg
Zenshu took 35-12 = 23 dmg
Nepent Lost bonus Mit

Edited by Row

Zenshu glanced over at the other player at the mention of AOE attacks, before glancing down at his blade again. He had been sure that he was using single-targets, but perhaps she was just entirely caught up in the fight itself? Shrugging, he ducked under another wild vine, the brunt of the previous one still wearing off in his head.

“It’s already well under, let’s get this finished as quickly as possible, shall we?” He called out. His eyes roamed the plant, watching the wild vines swinging about, dodging the few that came his way as he tried to figure out the best avenue of attack. He could see the centre of the creature, the main area that he would likely attack.

Ducking underneath another vine, he decided there was nothing further to wait for. He rushed forwards, jumping across swinging vines and lashing arms, aiming for the centre of mass that housed what Zenshu assumed was the main thinking area of the creature. He hoped that Row had his back, keeping the attention on herself – although he felt bad about that, to a degree. But he also knew that she was more heavily armoured than himself, he’d seen her take the hits almost as if there was nothing to them.

--------

[2] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 158/200 [+2 Regen] | EN: 13/38 | DMG: 9 (8+1; Risky) | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[3] Row | 
Lv. 12 Health: 224/240 | Energy: 37/42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) | Mit: 26 | Ax Dmg: 4 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (12) | PARA I | Thorn II (18) LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5 (stats lowered due to Tier Lock) [Howl CD (3/3)]

Nepent Variant HP: 14/200 | MIT: 10 | DMG: 25 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: 0

Round Three
ID209770 | BD: 4+3=7 | <<ST-I versus Nepent Variant>> | Hit: 9x8-10 = 62 DMG

--------

Word Count: 211

The plant monster was still looking at her which was great. She still had its aggro so she continued to heard its attention away from Zenshu so that he could fine clean its, and a clean hit did he fine. The boss was on a silver of health. So the girl decided it was time to take a big risk. She activated her <<Quick Change>> to change out her current Axe for her damage axe <<Declaration of War>>. All she had to do was land a hit. Just one hit. So she prayed to the dice gods and started charging her sword art. However, the mob quickly parried every strike she did and took no damage. On top of that, the girl lost aggro. The Plant monster lashed out a vine at Zenshu while grinning with confidence. "Zenshu, watch out! I lost aggro!" Things were starting to become a repeat of the battle she had at level one. The only difference was that her friend was not at risk of dying. Also, she would be able to use howl to grab aggro if Zenshu couldn't kill it. 

[3] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 158/200 [+2 Regen] | EN: 13/38 | DMG: 9 (8+1; Risky) | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[3] Row | 
Lv. 12 Health: 226/240 | Energy: 36/42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) | Mit: 26 | Ax Dmg: 6 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (12) | PARA I | Thorn II (18) LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5 (stats lowered due to Tier Lock)
[Howl CD (1/2)] (howl has 2 turn CD sorry)

[Quick Change used]
[
ST-I used (Missed)]

209771 BD: 2

Nepent Variant HP: 14/200 | MIT: 10 | DMG: 25 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: 0

209772 MD: 4+1 CD: 2 (missed)

Edited by Row

Zenshu heard the shouted warning as he dodged under yet another unsuccessful attack attempt by the vine creature. He glanced at the girl, making sure she was okay before pushing his body into motion once more. He knew that if her aggro ability had finally come to an end, there was little he could do, but he could see the end of the battle just within reach – if only he could land his final hit against the creature.

“Cover me, I’m going to try something reckless!” He called out with a grin on his face, before leaping into the air and trying to flip over one of the vines – barely avoiding getting slammed by it in the process. He rushed towards the creature, dodging, leaping and ducking underneath the on-going assault with relative nimbleness, eventually finding himself face to what would normally be the face of the creature.

Moving quickly, he let his body rotate, turning in place as he drove the blade towards the creature’s main section, hoping to drive it deep enough to hurt the thing. He knew that he had placed himself in a precarious position, right near the main body, well within wrapping range of all the tentacles that swarmed from the body. But he also knew that it was a vital spot for the creature, and hopefully the spot that would end all of this for them quickly.

------

[3] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 158/200 | EN: 3/38 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[3] Row | 
Lv. 12 Health: 226/240 | Energy: 36/42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) | Mit: 26 | Ax Dmg: 6 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (12) | PARA I | Thorn II (18) LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5 (stats lowered due to Tier Lock)

Nepent Variant HP: 0/200 | MIT: 10 | DMG: 25 | ACC: 1 |  EVA: 0

Round Four
ID209773  | BD: 4+3=7 | <<ST-II vs. Nepent Variant>> | 8x8-10 = 54 DMG | Nepent Variant is defeated.

-----

Word Count: 233

More vines shot out of the creature as it noticed the man charging. It knew it was going to die after this strike so it was desperate to finish off the player first. Unfortunately, the man was to agile and quickly closed the gap without so much as a scratch. Then he unleashed an 8 hit flash of strikes, turning the creature to pixels. "Lets go! Though, I don't feel like I did much. Ahh its fine though. Sometimes we get lucky sometimes the boss just spam AOEs critical attacks." Then she rushed over to pick up the special drop. <<Nepent’s Ovule>> was an item that was suppose to make it much easier to hold aggro when fighting groups of mobs. It seemed a lot better when she first heard of it but well, treasure was treasure. 

"Thank you again. Um, this ended a lot quicker than I expected. Do you want to go kill some mobs since we are already out here?"

+<<Nepent’s Ovule>> (Field boss drop)

Edited by Row

A final flick of his blade, and Zenshu found himself standing in the centre of where the large plant creature had once been, the shards of its existence falling around him before disappearing from sight. He let out a sigh of satisfaction as he sheathed the small ninjato again, turning with a smile to the girl whom had accompanied him. He listened as she spoke about luck, nodding politely.

“I would absolutely love to grind together a bit, if you’re up for it! It definitely ended far quicker than expected…but that doesn’t mean the day is over yet, right? There’s a good collection of wolves, and boars, and other creatures that we can still hit up!” His eyes passed over the fields around them, before spotting a few packs of wolves that looked enticing. He nodded towards the one group, smiling broadly again as he considered rushing them.

“How about that pack? They look decent enough, three of them all at once should prove a bit tricky, but not over the top dangerous. I think…I mean, I doubt it would be any more concerning than the boss we just faced here, right?” He cocked his head to the right, the smile still plastered on him as he waited for an answer from the other player, considering their options around them. He was reluctant to call the day so early, and hoped that they would be out for a time yet.

-----

Word Count: 240

"Awesome. The hunt never ends when Yul is as stake. That's my motto." The girl laughed will reading over the item that dropped from the boss. "I wonder if we could find that thing called Demonic Shards. I recently did a quest that spoke about it. It seemed pretty cool and doesn't follow the tier system." She turned to the pack of mobs her partner pointed out. She was itching to see what her armor could actually do. Her stats shot back up after the boss died so she should be way tankier now. Also, she would hit way harder since her <<Declaration of War>> basically doubled its damage bonuses. It was less accurate but the risk should still equal out to her doing more damage. "But I go big. So imma aggro that one standing by itself as well." Standing in the middle of the mobs, she let <<Howl>> along a battle cry, "Come at me!"

(Swapping the formatting for viewing CDs)
(A)(B)(C)(D)
[0][0][0][0] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 158/200 | EN: 4/38 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[2][2][2][2] Row | Lv. 12 Health: 240/240 | Energy: 36/42 | BH: 1% Max HP (2HP) | EN Regen: 2 | Mit: 44 | Ax Dmg: 8 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (24) | PARA I | Thorn II (36) LD: 5 | Stealth Detect: 5 | Stealth: -1
[Quick Change 2/3]
[Howl Used]

Wolf A HP: 160/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 
Wolf B HP: 160/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 
Wolf C HP: 160/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 
Wolf D HP: 160/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 

Edited by Row

Zenshu watched in a combination of awe, surprise and confusion as the girl spoke. She seemed heavily invested in the actual mechanics of the game – rattling off things that he could only guess at, with his current engagement. Still, she seemed knowledgeable, so he smiled at her comments and questions, giving small hums of agreement when required.

Shrugging to himself, he watched as Row turned towards the wolves, letting out a screaming challenge with a smile on her face. Caught somewhat by surprise, Zenshu found himself drawing his ninjato in a rush, before flipping it into the reverse hand grip and rushing towards the wolves.

Sliding across the grass, he dodged the first two easily enough, ducking beneath their lunges before catching himself in the centre of their mass. He took a single quick look around him, before muttering to himself softly. “Surrounded on all sides. Excellent…should be harder to miss this way…”

He quickly shifted his footing, sliding in a circle and slashing outwards with his ninjato, hoping to catch them all in a single swipe.

------

[0][0][0][0] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 200/200 | EN: 29/38 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[2][2][2][2] Row | Lv. 12 Health: 240/240 | Energy: 36/42 | BH: 1% Max HP (2HP) | EN Regen: 2 | Mit: 44 | Ax Dmg: 8 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (24) | PARA I | Thorn II (36) LD: 5 | Stealth Detect: 5 | Stealth: -1
[Quick Change 2/3]
[Howl Used]

Wolf A HP: 136/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 
Wolf B HP: 133/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 
Wolf C HP: 136/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 
Wolf D HP: 136/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 

Round One
ID209786 | BD: 5+3=8 | <<AOE-I vs. Wolf A>> | Hit: 8x3 = 24 DMG
ID209787 | BD: 9+3=12 | <<AOE-I vs. Wolf A>> | Minor Critical Hit: (8+1)x3 = 27 DMG
ID209788 | BD: 4+3=7 | <<AOE-I vs. Wolf A>> | Hit: 8x3 = 24 DMG
ID209789 | BD: 3+3=6 | <<AOE-I vs. Wolf A>> | Hit: 8x3 = 24 DMG

------

Word Count: 277

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
  • 5 weeks later...

(I accidently called them boars but they are wolves)
(Okay... so I messed up the hate gain. Wolf B should have had 2 hate on Zenshu, not Wolf C. So I am rerolling those wolves attacks. since Wolf B should have targeted Zenshu and Wolf C should have targeted me.)
209852 MD: 10 Wolf A -> Row 48+2 - 44 = -6 hp -> Row
209853 MD: 7 Wolf B -> Zenshu 48 - 12 = -36 hp -> Zenshu
209854 MD: 1 Wolf C-> Row (Miss)
209855 MD: 2 Wolf D -> Row (Miss)

-------------------
New Round

Zenshu continued to be the DPS she always wanted him to be. Cleaving though these Wolves' HP like it was a rhythm game. However One wolf was hit a little too hard and moved its attention to Zenshu. Row gasped and charged forward, "Zenshu, watch out I dropped aggro on one of them!" Before she could properly act, another wolf pounded on her back and took a clean chunk of damage out of her health bar. Granted it was not a lot, but since she was not ready for it, she could not counter act and pull up her shield. The rest of the wolves however were unable to act due to the shear force of Zenshu strike. When they did try to strike Row, she was already back on her feet and had all 4 wolves around her. It was here that she unleash her sword art and spun around like a top. It was a wild attack and managed to tag two of the wolves. However, the one that was targeting Zenshu escaped her grasp so she was unable to regain aggro.

(A)(B)(C)(D)
[1][2][1][1] Zenshu | Lv. 10 | HP: 122/200 | EN: 29/38 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 12 | Regen: 2 | Risky: 1 DMG | Stealth Detect: +1
[2][2][3][4] Row | Lv. 12 Health: 236/240 | Energy: 29/42 | BH: 1% Max HP (2HP) | EN Regen: 2 | Mit: 44 | Ax Dmg: 8 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (24) | PARA I | Thorn II (36) LD: 5 | Stealth Detect: 5 | Stealth: -1
Row recovered 2 HP (BH)
[Quick Change 3/3] 
[Howl 1/2]

[used AOE-I
209856 BD: 2 (Miss)
209857 BD: 5 (Miss)
209858 BD: 7 8 * 3 = -24 hp Wolf C
209859 BD: 9 (8+1) * 3 = -27 hp Wolf D

Wolf A HP: 136/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 
Wolf B HP: 133/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 
Wolf C HP: 112/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 
Wolf D HP: 107/160 | MIT: 0 | DMG: 48 (Bleed 2/2) (Para 1/1)

Edited by Row