[PP-F1] Building a Network

The <<Town of Beginnings>> was the place for new players to get their start. For Row, it was going to be the place to start her network. See, her dream was create an organization that went out and found the rarest and best of gear. With a big enough collection of this stuff, they would be the strongest and most wealthiest player. With money and power, they can storm through the floors and clear the game. Thus they would be heroes and everyone knows, respects, and buy things from heroes. Dollar signs filled her eyes as she looked around the town for any traveling adventurers who would be a great asset.

Walking around without a plan however was not very effective. This lead the girl to find a desert stand and order a shake. Then she plumped herself onto a bench and just looked up at the digital sky. "I wonder what I could do to find people with the right potential."

Spoiler

Status
LvL: 12
Base Stats:
Health: 240 | Energy: 42 | Battle healing: 1% Max HP (2HP) | Regen 4% Max HP (9HP)
Mit: 14 | Ax Dmg: 4 | ACC 2 | Bleed I (24) | PARA I | Thorn II (18)
LD: 5 | Stealth Detection: 5
Battle Ready Inventory: 6

Equipped Items
Divide and Conquer | T2 Perfect Axe | ACC II, Bleed I
Embargo | T2 Perfect Shield | Thorn II, PARA I
Diplomatic Immunity | T2 Perfect Heavy Armor | MIT III

Battle Ready Inventory
1. 5x Heath Potion (5% HP)
2. Declaration of War | T2 Perfect Axe | DAM II, Bleed I

Consumed Items

Skills

Searching 5/5
Axes 1/5
Battle Healing 1/5
Heavy Armor 1/5
Quick Change (3 CD)
Howl (2 CD)

Edited by Row
Edit title
  • 11 months later...

Yona would normally be up on one of the higher floors, training herself so she could become stronger. She was going to need that strength if she was to get anywhere, let alone solve any mysteries involving Shaxus, and the shadow puff of an entity was starting to get either impatient, or anxious, as to when or if either of the two would find something that was of use to him. Maybe helping some lower level players could do something, but most of the nooblet-level players in this town were too scared to go anywhere, and such players who were actually brave enough could normally be seen near the edge of the gates, rather than this current locale of the vast settlement.

Now nearly bored out of her mind, Yona was willing to go for any available distraction...ah, yes, a stand selling some cool, refreshing sweets. That caught her attention...even if it was just her sweet tooth acting up again. "I'd like to go with a strawberry vanilla shake, creamiest one you can make." Yona asked the one running the stand. "That order's a bit complex, miss." Came the response. Wonderful, an overly simplistic one ran the stand...well, there were usually ways to persuade someone to cater to more specific orders... "And what if I was to...sweeten the deal here?" Yona asked, plopping down a small sack of col containing the necessary price, plus a little bonus, onto the counter. Three seconds of silence passed, and then would come the answer. "Fair enough, I'll have it ready for you in a minute or two." Not the longest time to wait, should be fine.

Within three minutes, Yona was walking away with what she wanted. "There we go, hits the spot right there..." She remarked. Her eyes looked around the area, before seeing a girl who also had a shake, slumped down on a bench while staring at the sky. Yona wondered what was up. "Something got you down in the dumps?" She asked the girl, before taking another sip of her shake. She looked up towards the patch of sky that the girl was, then back to the girl. "I don't know what you're hoping to find, but I doubt it's going to come down from the sky or anything." She added.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 14

HP: 280

Energy: 46

Base Damage: 15(CS R5[7], CM: Damage[6], Athletics[1])

Mitigation: 27(Moonsliver Veil[12], Cloth Armor Rank 3[15])

Accuracy: 1(Resplendent Falchion)

Evasion: 2(Moonsliver Veil)

Loot Die: 3(Thuban's Eye)

Equipment:

[T2]Resplendent Falchion(Curved Sword, Accuracy, Bleed, Paralyze)

[T2]Moonsliver Veil(Cloth Armor, 1 MIT, 2 EVA)

[T1]Thuban's eye(Trinket, 3 LD)

Consumables:

Teleport Crystal x1

Starter Healing Potion(Restores 50 HP) x3

Skills:

Curved Sword Rank 5(30 SP)

Cloth Armor Rank 3(14 SP)

Combat Mastery: Damage(13 SP)

Mods:

Athletics(4 SP)

So much potential, how was she going to manifest it? The possibilities were endless, surely there had to be something she could do to start out her adventures in this world. She had the skill, she had the knowledge, albeit both did not come from VR games, but regardless, how has she not followed the call of destiny that sent her here in the first place? Maybe she was still unsure, maybe her lifelong habit of avoiding troubles was holding her back, but it has to end today.

...So for starters, when was Almina going to notice that she was about to jump down and not onto another rooftop, as she was sprinting whilst jumping from rooftop to rooftop in this particular moment?

Ah, that would be now...and yet she decided to jump anyway. "Hyaaaaaaaaaaaghhhh!!!!"

Almina managed to travel several meters(possibly more, Almina couldn't recall if the roof she jumped from was on a two story or three story building) forward during this jump, so it might look strange to anyone who looked directly above. She landed with a roll in attempt to soften her fall, and would proceed to meet a flower bush face-first. She then got up and out of the bush, before dusting herself off and immediately spotting two players. "Hi." Almina greeted with a light smile and a wave of her hand.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 1

HP: 20
Energy: 20
Base Damage: 7(SS Rank 1[3], White Blade[3])
Mitigation: 6(Blossoms' Blessing)
Accuracy: 0
Evasion: 0
Regen: 4%
Loot Die: 3(Fuzzy Beanie)

Additional conditions:

[None Yet]

Skills:

Straight Sword 1(4 SP)

Equipment:

[T1]White Blade(Straight Sword, 3 DMG)[Equipped]

[T1]Blossoms' Blessing(Cloth Armor, Mitigation, 2 Regen)[Equipped]

[T1]Fuzzy Beanie(3 LD)[Equipped]

Consumables:

Starter Healing Potions(Restores 50 HP) x3

It was at this moment that another player spoke up. The girl flinched back, a bit startled. Getting a good look of the player, they seemed to be an older woman. They were not in beginner gear so clearly they left the floor. It was then that the girl processed the woman's joke. A light chuckle lead Row's response, "Maybe but, what's life without a little hope." She smiled before looking back up.

Now that she was out of thought, she was able to take proper notice of the sky. It was still beautiful. No matter how many days they are stuck here, it was still a treasure have such a view. "So I take it, your not one of those people who were too scared to leave the town?" 

Meanwhile another girl much closer to her age stumbled onto the scene. This time however, Row would not react outside of a small smile. "Oh hi there. Did ya have a nice fall? Might I interest you in a band-aid or maybe a handkerchief?" 

Edited by Row

The girl took a short moment to look at Yona before making a chuckle and giving her response. "Absolutely nothing." Yona remarked, in response to the girl's words. She took another sip of her shake while the girl looked up to the sky again, then the girl asked if Yona wasn't one of the many players who still have yet to leave the safe zone for the first time. "Yeah, it's been some time since I first left." Yona answered. "Doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two about this floor though. Mainly just the basic stuff around here, nothing too crazy unless there's a higher level player in the vicinity when outside the safe zones." Yona looked up to the digital sky. It really was a nice view. "Which basically means that the skies above are definitely a peaceful sight to behold, not that anything comes down from it, of course."

This spiral of words would quickly be disproved, as a pink blur would pass Yona's vision through the air. Yona almost dropped her shake as she flinched from the surprise. Her eyes wide as she turned towards where the blur proceeded to land, roll, and faceplant into a flowering bush. Yona had never seen a player like this before. To top it all off, this pink haired girl simply got up, dusted herself off like it was no big deal, and casually greeted the two players like it was completely normal, just another day. Yona's surprised expression had not changed. "Wha-...what in the flying f**k...??"

What was equally strange was how casually the girl replied. Just when Yona thought she'd seen all realistic surprises, the world around her proves her wrong, even through it's everyday people.

One of the two players was shocked by Almina's entrance, which didn't surprise her in the least. Her habits sometimes got her looks from people who didn't know her or were only acquainted to her anyway, so she was used to it. The other player had no initial reaction, other than a smile and an offer of some kind. "No, but thanks. I get into things like this all the time, it's no big deal. Besides, in this game we get red marks on our avatars instead of wounds when injured, and don't even take damage in safe zones." Almina responded, her smile unwavering. It was a normal day for her, but all she needed was an incentive to get out there in a way that might preserve her life. She had yet to get involved in any kind of real combat, but she had the equipment. Still, better safe than sorry. Who knows, the players here might be too high level to carry her properly. Only one way to find out, of course! "I'm Almina, nice to meet you!" She introduced.

The woman's response was not to far off from expectations. She did not radiate someone on the bleeding edge of the floor exploration, and they were in the starter town. Though now she had some questions. It was just unfortunate that she was going to have to wait till the newcomer had arrived with her "stylistic" entrance. 

It was unfortunate that the girl could not make quick col off of the clumsy player, thought she honestly wouldn't have actually charged the girl. It would be bad for her image. Nobody wants visit the shop with an owner who tricks people for a quick buck. So she just gave a light giggle, "So have you been hurt outside the safe zone?" 

When it came to in introductions for the 3, the clumsy girl started first. The girl smile before taking a deep breath. What was the best way to introduce ones self. "Its my pleasure to meet you all. Future owner of the Frontline Network... name still pending and subject to change. Row here!" She liked that though it might have been a little unprofessional to not have a decided name for her own network. Ehh, it did not matter. She lacked a profession anyway and they were on floor one. This was the place for starting your dreams. Who cares if some of it is a bit blurry.

"Speaking of being outside the safe zone," The girl turned to the older woman, "What made you stop exploring?"

The pink haired girl responded to the young girl's question with a polite declination. She also noted that this kind of stuff happened with her all the time. Yona was completely confused. "This kind of thing didn't happen to you in real life too, did it?" She asked, concerned as to how casually this girl was acting, the only defense of it being the pain dampener removing pain from anyone who was well aware of it and how it worked. The pinkette would introduce herself as Almina. "Well uh, it's nice to meet you too, Almina. I go by Yona." Yona introduced in response. 

The young girl took in a deep breath before introducing herself as Row, the future owner of the "Frontline Network", in which the name was apparently pending and subject to change. This introduction was like some kind of self-advertising. In this moment, Yona had to tell this kid. The business world wasn't just some place to mess around in. It was always a battleground for the apex, and many would be hunted down in the name of competition and supremacy. If the competition wasn't healthy, it would inevitably spiral into a quest for monopoly as the two try to take each other down economically. She walked up to Row and patted her head. "I'm gonna level with you, kid." She began. "That, is how a business dies before it is even born."

Despite this factor that Yona saw as truth, she wasn't gonna leave the kid on a sour note. "You market yourself in a manner like this, you've gotta have the resources and reputation to back you up, otherwise you're more likely to flop than anything." Yona may have hated her father, but...the curriculum she was given did have its advantages, solely dependent on what of it she remembered. "Based on that little placeholder name, I take it you want to get involved with the Frontlines...Well, if you're talking trade and supply with the frontlines, rather than being a part of them, Three potential professions come to mind, based on which are the most effective. Alchemists can create salves, potions and crystals, all of which either provide buffs or restore players' HP, but I feel like you might know that already. Cooks can make culinary masterpieces of various kinds, most of which are focused on providing buffs, but feasts seem to be more effective in raids, or, more accurately, before them. Appraisers can identify items dropped by monsters, and are in direct contact with the NPC market, always willing to sell off junk players don't need to some gullible su- uh, I mean, willing NPC that takes any interest in it." Yona explained. "All three of these Professions are frequently visited by players, especially frontliners, so you'll be making bank with any of those three for sure, as long as you can keep up with the supply and demand, that is. Though if you're an Appraiser, that's my profession too, so if you stay in your lane and I stay in mine, I doubt we'll have any problems over fitting into the same economic niche." She added, with a light smile and an "innocent" wink at the end. She didn't mean or want any trouble, she just wanted to make sure that any fellow appraisers didn't try to rip the market from her. Having a piece of the pie was one thing, but ripping another's piece as if it were their own was another. "Hope that helps at least a little."

When Row asked Yona what made her stop exploring, there would be a simple answer. "Not everyone you see in the town of beginnings is here to stay, you know. Higher level players come around these parts all the time, some looking to see if there's any newbies to carry, some looking for a bit of nostalgia, some to meet up with old friends who haven't left the safe zone yet... As for me, I was kind of bored and wondering if things would get a bit different today by swinging by and seeing what's up." She explained. "Last time I was down here, I helped one nooblet go outside the safe zone for the first time, a mature hottie going by Kylissia. There was also this dummy with the username Sorun. Found him either asleep or unconscious. He could hold himself in a fight against some basic enemies around his level, but he still has a ways to go, in my opinion."

The Binding Stone shook against Yona's hip, and she quickly clasped it against her side with her left hand, preventing its motion. "Not now, Shaxus..." She thought.

The Young girl asked Almina if she'd ever been hurt outside the safe zone before. "Nope, not yet, I've had a peek or two outside this safe zone, but I have yet to enter any combat." Almina revealed.   The brunette asked if this kind of thing happened to her in real life as well. "...Yes, though not as often as today. I developed my habit of climbing up to high places when I was little. First it was cars during the wintertime, and some trees all year round, and of course, hills with a nice view of the environment. Then it moved on to rooftops, telephone poles, even some taller buildings, through the stairs of course, I know the law of gravity....but, yeah, I kind of began climbing up to all kinds of high places...mainly just to gaze at the horizon, but I get lost in thought so often when I do." She admitted. The brunette would introduce herself as Yona, but before she could reply, the young girl took a deep breath and began her introduction.

Almina simply blinked at the young girl's introduction, before replying with, "Well, it's nice to meet you, Row!", a smile on her face. Yona would walk up to the girl and pat her on the head, before telling her that "that's how a business dies before it's even born" or something like that, then took the placeholder name of Row's planned network and proceeded to suggest and explain three professions that benefit the most with frontliner clients. Almina's expression perked somewhat when the Cook Profession was mentioned. Seeing that Almina was fairly handy in the kitchen like her cousin, Aidan, the Cook Profession seemed like a good idea, that real world experience might make it easier to fit into that skill. Almina held back a chuckle when Yona noted that she was an Appraiser herself and if Row was one too, that as long as they both stayed in their lanes there wouldn't be any problems. "Well, the Cook Profession sounds easy for me, but that's probably because I did a fair bit of cooking before this game." Almina remarked.

Row would ask Yona a question, and Yona would explain both her reason for being her now, as well as what happened the last time she was on this floor. Her expression stayed the same, and she held what looked like a shake in her right hand, but Almina noticed something off. There was a rock clipped to Yona's outfit, over on the hip, and it was moving. There wasn't even a breeze, so why was the rock moving? Yona's free hand clapped it still, while the rest of her didn't even budge an inch, not even her expression. How strange. Curious and curiouser..." Almina thought.

There will always be opposition when one has a dream, opposition and competition. "Ehh what's success without several dozen failures." The girl was not put down by the older woman's words. In her life, dozens of people tried to tell her what she could or could not do. More even doubted if such a future was possible. This time was different though. It was life or death. It was not about being wealthy or becoming the next Bill Gates. This was about ending this game. Still, she let the woman do her little speech. Rudeness did not get one many clients after all. Plus, what if the girl did have a nugget. With a cheeky smile on her face she pulled out a notepad and listened.

Note 1. Being all talk and no game. ehh, maybe this was true but it was also a little cynical. Technically I'm not advertising any services. But semantics were best left for the lawyers to argue. The other part was flopping. Well, I can speak on that latter.

Note 2. She assumed that I was not informed on the professions. A little presumptuous... I wonder if I should say something.

In truth, she was well read up on them all. She just did not know how she wanted to implement a profession into her plan. There was a lot to look at and it was truly possible that she might go something like blacksmith if there just was not enough "partners to fill a niche." Though again, this might be worth addressing too much. 

Note 3... an appraiser...

It was at this point that Row could not stay quiet. "Good business needs Good competition. But I fail to see why healthy rivalries can't coexist with healthy friendships Ma'am." Her smile sharpened as she tilted her head up "However, I wish not for my professional endeavors to be a reason to fight. Also, I did read the tutorial but thank you for the refresher." Returning the wink before turning to the 3rd girl and clapping her hands together. 

It was here that she got to learn her name and the introduction ritual was finally complete. Also, she had the background of both girls. An adventurer who stopped for on reason or another and is very devoted if not insecure about her profession and a newbie who probably has very little experience with this game. Row was not sure what to think about the woman but the young mind could be more be more useful to her grand plan. Though it was too early to tell and after the interaction with Yona, she was not feeling like pushing her own dreams for now. 

"Hmmm... Then I assume neither of you have successfully taken on any of the floor bosses?"

• 2 weeks later...

Almina's answer to Yona's question came with an explanation as to why. In the end, however, Yona had more questions about her than she did answers. "I can't tell if you're being honest or if you're trying to look like you unknowingly live dangerously." She remarked. "Though I guess I'll figure that out myself if we're near each other for long enough."

To Yona's initial remark, Row had a response for. "Several dozen failures, or several dozen methods that don't work?" Yona added, hopefully assuring that she meant well with this. When Yona made her little remark in terms of the Appraiser profession, Row spoke up. And the response was good. "Finally!" Yona began. "I was worried I'd never find someone with ethical business sense!" Too many people who were always too big for their own skin, too many people who always took and took and took, and whenever someone neared their level, they either assimilated them or crushed them. Too many Exploiters, too many Monopolists, it's about damn time someone looked at a market's system with how it was supposed to work, rather than exploit the hell out of it until it had a bad name. "You're right, we've all got our own pieces of the pie to claim, that's normal, that's how it's supposed to be, it only gets bad when one gets too big for their own skin and tries to take everyone else's slices. Through competition, we push each other to improve, it shouldn't be literal economic warfare. Someone teach you this, or did you figure it out yourself?" Yona was curious about this girl now.

Row asked if neither of the other two players have taken on any floor bosses. "Whoa there, that's frontliner business, Floor Bosses...no, I'm not even nearly ready for that. Field Bosses, on the other hand...I might be capable of facing a few, not that I've tried taking one on or looked for any." Yona answered.

Yona was absolutely confused by Almina's explanation. So, habitually climbing up high places wasn't normal, then...

Yona and Row began talking business, though, admittedly, Almina wasn't very well-versed in the subject. She could understand the basics, but she never had enough interest to dive deep into that field. Yona seemed to have a perspective that it could benefit everyone if done right, but that was merely a guess on Almina's part, she could easily be wrong and there could be something going on behind that smile. At least Yona was happy about Row's responses to her words, so who knows, maybe they might have a way to get along?

Row asked both players a certain question. Yona answered almost immediately. Almina had some thoughts to share as well once Yona had finished giving her answer. "I haven't faced any bosses due to not having actually been in combat yet. The fact that there are field bosses as well as floor bosses wouldn't surprise me, though. It's not that uncommon in MMOs, like, there are the bosses tied to the story, and there are other bosses that are either loosely tied to a plot or just there for players to fight or get drops from." Almina explained. She then looked to Yona specifically. "By the way, Yona, is there any reason why that rock clipped at your waist moved earlier? There was no wind that made it move, so I'm just asking to make sure it's not my imagination." She asked, with a light smile along with it so there was no need for nervousness if there actually was a reason. 

• 2 weeks later...

With Yona, it seemed that Row's response was good enough to get the woman to drop her metaphorical business sword. Though it see was misguided. This had nothing to do with ethics. This was all for getting out of the game and returning to the real world. Still, a positive relationship was better than being right... or understood in this case. "Not really. I took some economics classes in school but most of this is just stuff I picked up in my own small business." The girl would leave it at that since none of it mattered now. 

When it came to her question, Row felt a bit embarrassed. "Yeah, I misspoke... *sigh* but yeah field boss. I fought one recently though it took me forever... " 

Before that train of thought could continue, the other girl mentioned that there was a moving rock on Yona's waist. Row raised an eye brown and looked down lazily before turning to Almia. "Umm... are you sure? Maybe your lagging and its messing up with your vision? Does lag even exist though?"

Yona nodded her head in understanding. "Experience can be a harsh yet effective teacher. I might have yet to deal with learning from experience in the economic field, but I've learned a handful of other things in this game at least." She remarked with a shoulder shrug. Darting her eyes towards the ground to her right, her expression shifting to a scowl as she muttered, "...Hmph, Dad didn't know as much as he thought he did...not nearly as much, pff, what a tool..." under her breath, before getting back to the current conversation.

After Row apologized for the misspeak, and noted how it took her longer than expected to take one down, Yona took a sip from her shake as she patted Row's head again. "It's ok, we all make mistakes, and sometimes even bite off more than we can chew. I know I've made plenty of mistakes, that's for sure." She added, hoping to cheer the girl up.

Almina pointed out that the Binding Stone was moving, and asked if it was her imagination. "Not Good!" Yona thought.
       Row guessed it could be lag, but then began to question if there was even lag in this game. 
"I mean, I've been in this game and haven't experienced any lag whatsoever, but I can't exactly say it doesn't exist for anyone else in this game." Yona remarked. "But rocks don't move on their own, I'd definitely say it was your imagination." She added, only to feel that the Binding Stone was moving again. Once again, she would clasp her free hand onto the Binding Stone's location as to stop it from moving. Hopefully Almina wasn't paying attention this time, right?

Almina remembered all those countless little things she avoided contact with, who knows what she could have gotten herself into? ...But what could she have gained from it? Well, there wasn't anything she could do about that now, She'd put on the NerveGear on all that time ago, so now there was no sense delaying what was inevitable for someone like her. "Sometimes I wish I was always unafraid to get my hands dirty. There was so much I could've done, so much I could've been, so many opportunities...but I guess I traded all that away to learn tactics of caution instead. Who knows, maybe they'll be useful to me, even here." She noted, putting on a grin at the end. Yona seemed to mutter something under her breath, to which Almina tilted her head with a curious, yet confused look, for she didn't catch very much of it at all.

Row noted that she misspoke, but Yona spoke comforting words before Almina could, so she simply nodded in agreement instead. Putting on the NerveGear was one of Almina's mistakes...but...what if it wasn't? How could she possibly know that at the moment? Obviously it would be considered a mistake in practical terms, but it was like Destiny had a sense of humor as well as clever strategies.

When Almina pointed out the moving rock, Row questioned it, believing it could be lag instead. Yona noted that she'd never encountered lag during her time in this game. "Same here, actually." Almina added, tossing the possibility out of the equation. Yona then proceeded to claim that it was definitely her imagination... But if that was the case, why did Yona place her hand on the rock once it started moving again? With a confident smile, she would remark, "Sure it was...", with a tone of sarcasm in her voice.

"Bite off more than I could chew? Haha. Silly silly Yona." Row raised her head as if she was winning a battle of the minds, "Difficulty had nothing to do with the sort. In fact, I would say the beast was quite easy." A arrogant chuckle followed. "No no, see. I just don't do damage." The girl remain smug though to what reason the world would never know.  

When it came to more talk about the rock, they all agreed lag didn't exist. So Yona propose it was the other girl's imagination before grabbing her waist. The other girl did not seem to like the suggestion but well... who likes being seen as crazy. "Ladies. Moving rocks, non moving rocks. None of that matters. What matters is progress, adventure, loot, and field bosses! So what do yall say? We can even start from floor one if you want something easy."

Yona had a difficult time not cracking up over Row's words. "Pfff, what? 'Don't do damage'? I, I just, Haaaaah, ha, ha, I, then how exactly did you, wait, you're, you're a tank, aren't you..." Yona remarked, her laughter fading at the realization of what build this girl may have preferred. Thorns Damage. That had to be the only way she defeated it without being a damage dealer. "I don't know how tanks make it anywhere unless they have a party to dish out the damage, but then again I've only been damage builds, so I don't know the struggle." She added, with a mild shrug and a nervous smile.

Almina denied Yona's claim with confidence, and Yona would continue sipping her shake as she had a mild staring contest of confidence with Almina...that is, until Row changed the subject. Yona thought for a short moment as she finished her shake, then with a smile, she answered with, "Sure, I don't mind another trek." She then looked over to Almina. "You don't mind getting carried, do you? You know how that works?" She asked. Regardless of the answer, Yona would continue. "Now, as much as I'm willing to help out, I'm no healer, so don't expect me to be able to save your butts if your HP starts getting too low, 'cause I can't heal you." She noted. If those two blondes, Astralin and Krysta, could carry Yona over in Floor ten, then carrying a level one in floor one should be a cinch, as long as she knew what she was doing, that is. 
       The Binding Stone was shaking again. 
"Now before we go, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta...toss this garbage in my hand." She said before dashing off.

Despite telling the truth about needing to dispose of the empty cup, she also had another reason for taking off. She took cover in a nearby dark alley, looked to her left and her right to see if there were any players, or if she was followed, and then tapped the Binding Stone three times. "Alright, Shaxus, whaddya want? You were almost seen, so this damn well better be important and urgent."
             The puff of shadow emerged from the Binding Stone. "Well, for starters, I don't think you've been looking around or adventuring in significant enough places...but more importantly, this talk you've been having about those greater foes, these 'bosses', as you call them...don't many great beasts have treasure filled dens? Could one roaming around here have something? I'm telling you, if we strike down bigger things, we're sure to find better treasures, or possibly what I might be needing..." He explained.
                 Yona had an unimpressed look on her face. 
"I mean...I understand what you're getting at, at least. I was gonna go anyway...just...try not to do anything stupid, alright?" She replied. Shaxus let out a disembodied scoff. "I could easily say the same to you." He shot back, before returning to the Binding Stone.

Yona would then return to the other two players. "I'm back! So then, before we go, we should set up a party." She suggested.

Almina kept noticing, but Yona Kept denying. Was it really Almina's imagination, or was she hiding something?

Row would put the topic aside, suggesting that the three go out and start an adventure. Almina's eyes lit up at the thought. "Of course! I've been waiting for a good opportunity to get out there! I've been wandering this old town for so long, it's about time I get to doing much, much more!" Almina responded. Yona would ask if Almina was fine with being carried, to which she would nod. She was the only level one player in this trio, after all. Yona also warned Almina and Row that she had no healing capabilities, so she wouldn't be able to help if either player's HP dropped too low. "It's alright!" Almina reassured, pulling out a potion from her inventory. "I've got three potions with me, though I can spare one if someone ends up needing it more than I do."

Yona then ran off to toss the trash in her hand, but the rock was still moving before Yona took off. "You saw that too, right?" Almina asked.
   It was taking a bit for Yona to come back, so Almina decided to pass the time with a question. 
"So...what's it been like for you outside the safe zone?"

When Yona returned, she suggested that the players form a party before leaving. "That's a good idea!" Almina remarked. Almina was gonna be carried, so she didn't feel like taking the leader position. Yona seemed to be hiding something, so Almina, while willing to take advice from her, wouldn't follow her entirely, so that left... "Send us party invites when you're ready, Row!" Almina said with a bright smile.

Row smiled before giving an overconfident wink towards Yona. She was indeed a tank. Tanks stood at the front like any good leader but more importantly, Tanks got to see everything first. Being on the frontlines, and getting the first glimpse of success, treasure, rewards. Anyone who didn't want to be one was just missing out. Plus, not dying felt nice. "Well, I cant speak for other tanks, but I just do my best to plan out each fight in advance. I would prefer to use EXCEL... but its too late to give feedback for this game. It takes a while, but I'm almost guarantee to always win and get the treasure haha."

Yona was the first to agree though she had to do something before they could move forward. After she left Almina asked her about this rock but again... Row was not really looking at Yona like that. She shook her head, "Sorry sorry, I wasn't paying attention. The excitement of another excursion always makes me narrow minded." When it came to Almina's second question, Row just laughed. "Well... it has been a game of chance. I found so many cool things, but sometimes, its like rolling nothing but Nat 1s. So that's why I was looking to extend my Network. I'm hoping, you guys could better my odds!" 

With all the girls consent to go on the adventure to take out each field boss... not floor boss... Row began adjusting her own plans in her head. But, when Almina asked her to start the party she felt stars pop into her eyes. "No problem. I'll send you all invites but I have to redo some math. So lets meet up in say... 2 hours?" 

Row explained how she operated, it was interesting to hear how she preferred to fight and what her objective was. "I suppose being a Tank would result in lots of planning, especially if they were on their own or wanted to get as many drops as possible." Yona guessed. Whenever Yona wanted to fight something for treasure, it was as simple as "kill them before they kill you", in which some buffs would usually make a guarantee that players could eventually grind up a fortune...though from what she knew, the appraiser profession could be a real sink for those who were determined to get something good out of a single item...for themselves, at least. Any customers would be up a creek if they asked for one too many attempts to re-gacha a single item, as the appraiser's gotta make a little profit out of the service, anyway.

When Almina suggested that Row be the leader of the party, Yona wasn't too pleased about the thought. While she wouldn't care who the leader was in most scenarios, she'd prefer to be leader for one reason and one reason only...that someone else wouldn't try to call the shots on her life or her actions. Regardless, Yona was silent on the matter, especially since there were still things to do. Row would ask that the players meet back here in two hours. Should be good, hopefully. After all, those two hours might open room for some last minute preparations, like consumables, in case this field boss hunt ends up getting hairier than expected. "Fair enough, see you in two hours."

This had all better be worth it.