[PP-BOSS RAID-F8] Paving the Way to 9

Miaki turned around at the sound of Yunah's voice. His heart suddenly found itself trapped in his throat. The one thing that concerned him most probably was his decision to allow Yunah to join the fight. Her insistence caused Miaki to eventually cave but he wasn't sending her out with nothing to help her. Miaki opened his menu and withdrew 5 items from his inventory, four of which he had to stop by a shop to get. "Alright Yunah, I've placed you with the other brigade members in this fight. I'm fighting with Nikki against the boss itself. It is absolutely important that you watch your health in there. Here take these." A small pouch of 5 different potion appeared in his hand which he handed over. "One of those is a cure potion. The rest will heal you when you are low. Promise me you will use them every time your health goes under 10. If your health drops too low you pull out without hesitation. I don't care what happens." He looked over and saw Nikki coming over to them. He sighed knowing she wasn't gonna like this.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yunah nodded as miaki instructed her with what to do and gave her items... "A cure potion? i's that for like posion?" she said... she couldn't really believe that bosses could be so versitile, it was ind of a scary thought to her. the fact that anything could be in there, literally anything. she shivered as she turned back around and continued walking towards nikki.

Zelrius looked around the crowd searching for Unknown he spotted another Familiar face. He grinned, this was going to be good. Wadding his way through and around the small crowd until he ended up behind Ayane. Walking up slowly behind her, He reached his hand out and placed on her shoulder. The point of this? Nothing more then to spook her. As always Zelrius was one who loved to cause even the slightest bit of trouble for those who were in his presence.

Nikki noticed that as she approached Yunah, Miaki got to her first. Well that was at least a relief that he knew she was here. It still however left Nikki worried. This new girl was not as experienced as other fighters here, and Nikki had liked her, and was not comfortable with her being at risk. She gave a little sigh and relaxed her face returning her smile from earlier. "Yunah.. I was not told you'd be here." She looked over to Miaki and then back to the girl "Though I suspect a certain battle planner might be responsible for that" She was speaking in a teasing tone more for Miaki than anything

"Please be careful in this fight... I know yer eager and excited to be here, but don't do anything too risky." Nikki stopped herself realizing that she sounded like a parent speaking to a child. "Be safe... But try to have a little fun too... Its not everyday we get such a large group fer a boss fight. I trust Miaki has you updated on tactics and where you'll be going." She allowed the excitement in her voice to return as she spoke now.

"We best get ready Miaki... Its almost time..." She gave him a quick wink and returned her gaze to Yunah one last time. "Well then... See you in there hun..."

Miaki stood to the side of Nikki as she spoke with Yunah. He was relieved to hear that she didn't seem too upset about her being a last minute addition to the raid. He told himself that everything would be fine. They'd spent so much time preparing for the fight that everything had to be fine. Nikki made eye contact with him again and he promised himself again that he would fight with everything he had in him. Looking around him Miaki felt it was indeed time as Nikki had mentioned. He nodded then walked away towards the door seeing Saix and Shark give a signal that they were ready along with their troops.

Miaki turned to everyone and held up a hand signalling their attention. "Alright everyone. Remember to stick with your groups. It go time! Whose with me!!!" He shouted throwing his fist into the air. Everyone cheered in response. He looked at Shark and Saix and nodded. "Alright... Showtime." The three leaders pushed the door open revealing the massive boss room which instantly lit up at their presence. "BATTLE ROUTINE! SET! EXECUTE!" He yelled his battle cry he adopted from his favorite childhood game series. Everyone charged forward and the battle finally began.

Battle post order:

Keith

9Lives

Zelrius

Shark

<>

Nikki

Miaki

Yunah

Haine

<>

Ruri

Saix

Zero

Seldentar

<>

Daeron

Lightfiyr

Vandal

Grim

<>

Ethereal

Clarence

Ayane

Shanok

<>

Rules of engagement:

>> Until all <> are destroyed each player will lose 1 HP ON THEIR POST.

>> Combatants will have roughly 24-48 hours to attack the boss before they are skipped. Players who are skipped twice will be seen as retreating and removed from the list order. PM myself or Saix if you are waiting for the player before you to attack and it has either be over a day or they were online and didn't attack during their turn OR if you need to be skipped because of a personal matter (You will NOT be counted as retreating if you do). This will be strictly enforced. It is unlikely you will be alerted if it is your turn so you are responsible for checking often and attacking. If you are seen online during your turn and you don't attack then you risk a chance of being skipped if the next player is ready. Don't let this happen.

>> You must track atleast your own HP and list how much total damage you have dealt to the boss. A sample template will be provided that I will be using for my attacks. You are welcome to use it. Any questions should be brought up in the Skype chat or sent as a PM to myself, Saix, or which ever other GMs are running the boss.

>> If you defeat the <> then your attacks are focused on <> until the <> has respawned.

>> Any items you have should be listed in your signature. If you use an item then it should be clearly mentioned. If you don't understand how to use sword skills then don't use them until you find out how. (Again, ask someone who knows via PM or Skype).

>> Any further announcements will be brought up by either Shark or Saix (or me if I'm asked to). Please pay attention.

GL HF

Battle post example:

The battle was going well so far. The tank team was fairing very well with Nikki leading the group effectively. She pulled her out of the boss and order Miaki to attack. [color=#00BFBF]"You got it!"[/color] The man declared as he switched places with Nikki and swung his blade at the oversized plant.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown = 2 turn(s))

[b]Battle result: Hit! 2 DMG![/b]

Miaki's katana cut through the Guardian's defenses successfully dealing a decent amount of damage. [color=#00BFBF]"Ayane! Switch out!"[/color] He shouted as he jumped back, giving the girl room to attack.

[color=#00BF00]Keith: 67/67

9Lives: 17/17

Zelrius: 53/53

Shark: 41/41

Nikki: 32/32

[u][b]Miaki: 59/59[/b][/u]

Yunah: 15/15

Haine: 61/61

Ruri: 53/53

Saix: 19/19

Zero: 17/17

Daeron: 37/37

Lightfiyr: 27/27

Vandal: 15/15

Seldentar: 29/29

Grim: 37/37

Ethereal: 23/23

Clarence: 29/29

Ayane: 17/17

Shanok: 17/17[/color]

[color=#FF0000]

<> 128/128

<> 12/12

<> 12/12

<> 12/12

<> 12/12

[/color]

[b](Total damage dealt: 9 DMG)[/b]

Keith drew his katana and followed Miaki into the boss room encouraged by his reference to a long beloved blue bomber. The plant boss was bigger than he expected it to be. He saw the pod seed he was assigned to and charged at it with everything he had.

Battle result: Crit! 3 damage!

He struck the pod with a clean swipe of his katana.

Keith: 67/67

9Lives: 17/17

Zelrius: 53/53

Shark: 41/41

Miaki: 59/59

Unknown: ??/?? - Level is unknown

Shanok: 17/17

<> 128/128

<> 12/12

<> 9/12

<> 12/12

<> 12/12

(Total damage dealt: 3 DMG)

9lives strafed away from the mass taking sight on his target. The Seed Pods had to come down if they were going to have any success at defeating the boss. He was spearheading his group and would be the first to strike at the Pod. Drawing Aitsuu, he arced his path up to the wall of the chamber. Using his momentum he stepped up onto the wall running to gain extra height before leaping into the air. His leap triggered the charge for his attack making a blazing blue light from his sword trail through the air before he landed triggering the activation of . the spinning attack sent out waves of slashes all around him tearing through the pod.

Battle Die: 5 +2(Trinket)= 7 Success!

Damage: 1 +2(Weapon) = 3 Damage!

<> 128/128

<> 12/12

<> 9/12

<> 12/12

<> 9/12

Zelrius marched in right behind Miaki with his group. Smirking, he was off. Drawing Sange, Zelrius was instantly on top of and swinging his weapon at the Seed Pod. He knew right away from his consistently dropping Health points that if they didn't get rid of the pods soon, Alot of the lower levels would have a serious Health problem.

Squad B :

Zelrius - 52/53

Clarence - 23/23

Shanok - 17/17

Yunah - 15/15

Seed Pod #1 - 7/12 Paralyzed for two of its turns

So far, all but one pod was damaged. I was thinking about what I should aim for. I tossed the idea around of trying to take on one of the pods to deal with the poison effect or try to attack the boss and get us one step closer to getting this battle over with. I looked at how many people we had participating in the raid and decided that it would be best for everyone's sake if I attacked the pods.

Alright... Saix! Cover me... I'm going for the unharmed pod. I left Saix's side and turned my blade to my guilds signature blue and charged in for the pod.

I ran for the pod and as soon as I bolted, I wasn't looking at anyone else at the moment but instead, I had my eyes set on the pod. Upon obscuring everything else from my vision, I never noticed the piece of the floor that was poking out. I ended up tripping on the floor and rolled right past the pod and almost to the wall. I then got back up and ran towards Saix. Did you know the floor jumps up and bites you in the butt? Man that sucked. I said as I scanned over the battlefield.

Keith: 66/67

9Lives: 16/17

Zelrius: 52/53

Shark: 40/41

> 128/128

> 7/12 (Paralyzed for 2 of it's turns)

> 9/12

> 12/12

> 9/12

Battle dice: 2 (Fail) :x

(Total damage dealt: 0 DMG)

Equipped Items:

Item: Holy Cuirass

Quality: Rare

Description: Forged of fine, polished, steel this shining cuirass features a blazing blue cross and looks fitting for a Templar to wear.

Ability: Heals the wearer for 1 hp if they roll an 8, 9, 10 on the Battle Dice

Holy Aegis

Description: Forged of polished steel, this fine round shield is tough and strong enough to stand up to punishment from any enemy.

Ability: When worn an 8, 9, or 10 on the combat dice will regenerate 1 Hp.

Holy Sword

Description: Forged of polished steel, this fine sword is strong enough to go toe to toe with any enemy.

Ability: +1 Damage. When wielded an 8, 9, or 10 on the combat dice in battle will heal the wielder or 1 Hp.

She was angry, the tiny creatures had returned in force and were charging in to attack her children. This would not be allowed. The low screech started in the middle of the room from deep within the massive seed bulb that was <>, before echoing throughout the chamber, the various lichens, mushrooms, and luminescent mosses shrinking back from her fury. It was a hellish sound, half caught between a moan and a scream, like a brisk wind blowing through hollow bones. She had not been attacked directly yet, so her simplified <> simply locked on the last successful attack, and with sickening sucking sound she unfurled herself, a huge petals studded with thorn 'teeth' as long as arms bristling like a gaping maw as her writing vine tentacles twitched, before whistling in the direction of the player known as Zelrius like a huge leafy whip.

Battle Dice: 1 Epic Fail!

Stationary as she was, and attacking at an enemy that was not directly in her limited line of sight, her frenzied attack missed, driving her rage to untold heights as her huge thorn studded pseudo maw fully opened wide enough to engulf a quartet of players and gave an ear splitting roar that shook dust loose from the ceiling as the titanic killer plant vented her awesome rage.

<> 128/128

<> 7/12 (Paralyzed for 2 of it's turns)

<> 9/12

<> 12/12

<> 9/12

Nikki looked to Saix for his approval to move out. Once done she equipped her gear, her spear, shield and armor. With a loud and powerful yell that few had heard before she addressed the members of her guild. "VANGUARD! LETS ROLL OUT!" She gave the order for her guild to advance as she raised her spear into the air, letting the blue gem in its blade crackle in excitement. She was a different person now, it was almost instantaneous how she had now gone into tank mode. She was ready to lead her group and fight to the bitter end.

She turned on her heel following the guild leaders into the boss chamber. As she entered she began her job as a lieutenant. "EVERY ONE IN YER GROUPS. I DONT KNOW ABOUT YA"LL BUT I HAVE A DINNER DATE THAT I DONT WANT TO BE LATE FER. SO LETS GET THIS DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME." She called out with a smile. This was going to be a good fight, and she was glad to be here with so many able bodied players.

Upon entering the room she was shocked at how beautiful it all was. The dimly lit chamber's only lights were coming from various mushrooms and lichens glowing dimly on the walls. Several flowers, and other beautiful plants were adorning every wall and the edges of the room. It was hard to believe that such a pretty place would hold such a terrible creature. It was at that thought that she saw the Boss itself. The Giant plant in the center of the room was just starting to come to life and become animated. Its movements were slow at first, but as the players continued to file in and begin attacking it quickened and prepared to defend itself.

Moments later one of its Giant tendrils whipped out and attacked Zelrius. Luckily it missed, but that was still a problem, it was moving much faster than Nikki had anticipated. "MIAKI, AYANE, LETS GO... I DONT WANT IT GETTING LOOSE LIKE THAT AGAIN" Nikki yelled as she charged the plants central form. She started by firing off a quick jab, attempting to pierce the plant under its giant jaws.

10+2=12 HIT, CRITICAL, ARMOR TRIGGERS

Damage= 1+2(Critical)=3

Nikki's strike was perfect, as she drove her spear up into the creatures jaw. She gave a triumphant yell as she pulled the spear free, allowing several strands of thick green plant juice to drip from the open wound. She took a couple of steps back as she raised her shield. "Miaki, Ayane, After you attack fall in behind me." She ordered without taking her eyes off the writhing Guardian.

Nikki 31/32

Guardian 125/128

Miaki rushed into the room and checked to make sure no one was left behind. Everyone seemed to have formed into their squads as they rushed in. He slowed down his pace long enough to down the <> given to him by Clarence. It shared a similar taste to that of a bland protein shake that made you flinch. Nikki took point as was her job and Miaki keep himself close behind her. "EVERY ONE IN YER GROUPS. I DONT KNOW ABOUT YA"LL BUT I HAVE A DINNER DATE THAT I DONT WANT TO BE LATE FER. SO LETS GET THIS DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME." Miaki nearly choked on his potion when he heard her mention their dinner date. His face turned bright red. The motivation to do better was all the more stronger with him.

The boss began shifting about as they quickly covered the ground between them. Zelrius dodge an attack from the Guardian. Nikki initiated with several quick jabs and Miaki was amazed at how fiercely she was fighting. Could Nikki really be that motivated by scored a critical hit with her new spear and instructed him to charge in. "Copy that! Charging sword skill!" Miaki held his to his ear waiting for the chime telling him it was ready.

(OOC: Sword skill used! Roll 7 to deal 2 additional DMG)

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown = 3 turn(s))

Battle result: CRIT! 8 DMG!

The thought about dinner with Nikki drove Miaki forward moving faster than he ever felt before. His katana glowing bright green as he screamed at the top of his lungs, "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" His blade, <>, cut through the Guardian like a hot knife through butter. "NAILED IT! Ayane. Switch!" Miaki jumped back and positioned himself right behind Nikki, giving her plenty of room to move around.

Nikki: 31/32

Miaki: 58/59

<> 117/128

(Total damage dealt: 8 DMG)

Yunah charged in after Zelruis he hit the Pod and paralyzed it, awesome there was no way Yunah could miss it now. she unsheathed her sword and jumped up into the air. while in the air she glanced around the room. it was strangely beautiful, well except for the massive thing in the middle, that thing was ugly and the boss. Yunah came down towards the ground as she swung her blade over her head.

Battle Dice: 10 Extreme hit! 3 damage

The blade raked down the side of the pod cause it's health bar to drop even more. Yunah jumped back and allowed the next person in her squad to attack it.

Yunah: 14/15

<> 116/128

<> 4/12

<> 9/12

<> 12/12

<> 9/12

Haine narrowed her eyes and focused on the second seed pod, before she then took a deep breath and charged at it. "Focus.. Focus.. That's all you need!" the bluenette thought before she attempted to try a diagonal swipe motion on the enemy. She could do this.. she could hit a critical!

Battle Dice: 7

Haine smirked slightly as the attack had went through successfully, getting her first strike on a somewhat positive foot, even if it was not a critical.

Haine: 60/61

<> 116/128

<> 4/12

<> 9/12

<> 12/12

<> 9/12

Loosing an ear splitting shriek that echoed throughout the chamber, the other plant life drawing back and dimming in response to her rage, she swept her leafy vine whip across the area before her, attempting to strike the two warriors who had dared to attack her majestic bulb. Inside the translucent bulb that the carnivorous flower had unfolded, something huge writhed, pressing and deforming against the bulb as though struggling to emerge. It seemed that the real danger was still lurking inside the bulb...

Battle Roll: 8

Result: The thorn studded vine whip lashes out, but the armor of the two warriors proves too difficult to overcome... For now.

<> 116/128

<> 4/12

<> 9/12

<> 12/12

<> 9/12

"Alright Haine! I'm up next!" Ruri chirped as she then peered at the seed pods health status closely. "We can eliminate this quite easily.. the minor 1 point HP off our bars wont be much of a problem at all.." the bluenette nodded mentally as she drew her blade and narrowed her eyes ferociously and held her blade in the air for a few seconds as the tip glowed a bright blue. Then immediately she charged at the seed pod, hoping to hit a critical for her first hit.

Battle Dice: 6

She grinned happily as she had then deducted the opponent of 3 HP in total.

Ruri: 52/53

<> 116/128

<> 4/12

<> 6/12

<> 12/12

<> 9/12

The battle had begun, and seeing the assembled swordsmen of Aincrad charge into battle with such precision against their common enemy filled Saix with pride. At last, he had made good on the promise he made himself to step up and take part in the battle to save the 10,000 souls trapped in this death game. His meticulous plan was coming to fruition, and together with the blood, sweat, and tears of 17 other brave individuals; they would see victory against their enemy this day.

Rushing into the room, Saix paused only to stab the pole of the standard he carried into the ground, letting the Guild Banner unfurl into the breeze less room. Emblazoned in silver and gold, the Ebon Vanguard's crest stood out in start contrast from the dark folds of the banner. This was a relatively new item, crafted by his guild's finest tailor Ayane, to improve the morale of the young untested members of the Vanguard as they went into combat. Morale was everything, and it must be properly cultivated to seize advantage.

Drawing Bloody Rose from the thin scabbard on his hip, Saix set his eyes on his first target. As a member of the roaming Support Squad, Saix had no assigned target, and would instead evaluate the battlefield and put his blade to use where it was most needed, at that moment it mean further weakening the deadly Spore Pods before they could do too much damage to the Raid Group. So he set his sights on the lone undamaged pod, and he hurried his way around the boss's attack perimeter, until he was within striking distance.

Closing the distance with his rapier at the ready, he faltered from the ruckus the boss was making with it's tormented screaming and flailing about, and his thrust went wide. Cursing, Saix retreated to take his place alongside Shark so that he could evaluate the battle and plan his next move.

Battle result: 2 +2 = Fail!

Saix's Gear:

Bloody Rose: Rapier: +2 Damage, causes 2 turns of Bleeding on 8,9,10

Flame Tyrant's Raiment: Dragonhide Duster: - 2 Enemy Combat Dice

Dragon's Bane: Dragonhide Bracer: +2 combat Dice

Ebon Vanguard Standard: Guild Banner: +1 damage to all Ebon Vanguard Members in battle

Saix: 18/19

<> 116/128

<> 4/12

<> 6/12

<> 12/12

<> 9/12

(Total damage dealt: DMG)

Zero moved into the room behind the others and looked at his target, one of the Pods. He watched as the other squads began their assaults on their designated targets, and glanced at Saix, their strategic commander in his personal opinion, head forth attacking the Pod designated to Zero's squad. He opened his menu, browsing through it quickly, and selected one of the items on the list as a trio of swords appeared on his waist. "Alright time to give this a real test run..."

The boy walked to Saix's side and unsheated his blades, one in each hand and one in his mouth pointing to the right. "Let's do this, Vandal, Seldentar, and now Saix. Faster we kill this thing, faster we can deal with that bothersome boss. I'll start our luck off with Coordinated Edge's most simple attack." He took a step back crossing the blades in his hands in front of his chest, and dashed at the Pod with all his speed.

Battle result: 8+2 = Hit! (Bleeding status for two turns, -1HP)

(Sword Skill: Demon Slash cooldown 2 turns)

Zero slightly smirked rushing at the Pod and slashing the two swords in his hands. "Now for the finishing touch." He muttered slashing at the Pod with the blade in his mouth, quickly retreating back to the others, and sighed letting the blades in his hands drop to his side. "Demon Slash. Should help ease things for us, but I'll have to wait to use it again."

Zero: 16/17

<> 116/128

<> 4/12

<> 6/12

<> 9/12

<> 9/12

((Im going to be away all weekend, so I was asked to post mine now so that the fight doesn't get held up.))

Seldentar targets the third seed pod that Zero had gone after. As everyone rushes in, he takes the time to down a potion he had bought specifically for this fight. Rushing in, he will draw his blade from his back and rush forward at the seed pod.

"The Faster we take these things down, the better. I don't like the look of this poison fog they are spewing out."

He rushes forward, slashing out at the pod with his sword. As he gets closer, he starts to cough and his attack falls short of the pod, failing to deal any damage.

Drank: Potion of Hercules: +2 Damage for duration of fight.

Seldentar: 28/29

<> 116/128

<> 4/12

<> 6/12

<> 8/12 (Bleeding for 1 more turn)

<> 9/12

<>

Her thrashing practically shakes the room, as she tears her roots up attempting to move, with a hiss that raises the hairs on the backs of the necks of those present she lashes out with her thorn studded vine, snapping the appendage like a whip as she tries to scourge the little two legged creatures who have invaded her sanctum.

Battle Roll: 1 Fail!

Result: Off balanced from her thrashing her vine misses her intended target, cracking the stone instead.

Seldentar: 28/29