[PP-BOSS RAID-F8] Paving the Way to 9

Daeron pulled out his Blade of the Sepulcher and was ready to strike the boss. However, he was informed to take on the seed pod. Upset with the orders he was given, he ignored any hard feelings he had and turned his attention towards the seed pod. As he approached towards the Seed Pod, an intoxicating scent caused him to feel as if poison was killing him. When he realized everyone else felt the same way around the seed pods, he realized the gas it was emitting was in fact a toxin, and it is slowly killing them.

Battle Dice: 9 (2 Damage + 1 Damage From Weapon)

Daeron ignored the toxin that was fogging his vision slightly, but he continued forward at the seed pod. He slashed his weapon in a diagonal motion that would normally cut a player's chest wide open, however as he cut the seed pod, he saw the slash turn red. While he looked at the slash, he saw that it oozed a fluid that didn't look safe to touch.

Daeron [36/37]

<> 116/128

<> 4/12

<> 9/12

<> 7/12

<> 6/12

Damage Dealt Total: 3

Damage Dealt Towards Boss: 0

Damage Dealt Towards Pods: 3

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to focus after the poison gas filled the room Aria held her breath and try'd to find the seed pod she was assigned too. after finding it see pulled out the <> her twisted dagger. She held her dagger too the side a charged up the sword skill <> a 2-3 hit dagger skill

roll 8+: 3 times

roll 7: 2 times

6 or lower: full miss

the skill activated and she flew into the the skill she moved quickly cutting though the seed pod hitting it 3 times. she did 6 damage to it after the skill went though she kicked off the pod land at a safe distance for it taking 1 damage from the poison in the air

<> 26/27 heath

<> 3/12

Why am I even here? This doesn't even have anything to do with me... he thought, as the huge doors opened and the assembled players rushed into battle. Do I just want to fight? The sounds of battle echoed in the room, as the life or death battle began with jarring clash of steel. I shouldn't be thinking about this, all I need to do is focus on swinging my sword. Vandal, The Berserker, rushed into the room with Gram clutched tightly in his meaty hands, the huge naked blade as long as he was tall. He had been told to attack the pods, following Zero's lead, and that was what he planned to do. Following the other player, he waited until he had cleared the kill zone, before preparing his strike. With a grunt, he powered the huge sword over in an overhead slash that gashed through the pod. Hell yeah

Battle Dice: 7 + 2 = 9 Success

Damage: 1 + 1 =2

Gain 1 Health!

Vandal [15/15]

<> 116/128

<> 4/12

<> 9/12

<> 5/12

<> 6/12

Damage Dealt Total: 2

Damage Dealt Towards Boss: 0

Damage Dealt Towards Pods: 2

Grim drew his sword <>, the blade ringing as it came out of its metal sheathe, the sound soo mellow and sorrowful, as Grim followed Commader Saixs lead as he targeted the boss seeing how there pod was destroyed, he put his sword over his right shoulder as he activates his <> sword skill as it glows a brilliant red color, Grim dashes at the boss, he drives the <> into it, as he pulls back, his swords special ablilty activates. causing paralyze, "Now someone switch with me." Grims says as he jumps back to get some distance.

Grims HP: 36/37

-Combat Die-

<> Successful- Cool down 2 posts

[10+2=12/ Critical]

[3 points of damage, plus one from blade]

[Total damage 4]

[blade effect: Paralyze (2 posts/turns)

[1-6] Miss

[7-8] Hit 1 points of damage

[9]Critical 2 points of damage

[10] Critical 3 points of damage

[special effects]

+2 to Combat Die: <>

+1 Damage, Paralyzes on Natural Critical (2 post/turns) <>

<> 112/128 (paralyzed 2 posts/turns)

<> 4/12

<> 9/12

<> 5/12

<> 0/12

Damage Dealt Total: 4

Damage Dealt Towards Boss: 4

Damage Dealt Towards Pods:

[Equiped gear & Items]

Equiped gear

<>

+1 Damage, Natural Critical (Natural Dice roll of 9 or 10/Paralyze:2 turns/posts)

<>

+2 Accuracy/combat die [easy translation]

Inventory Items

<>

<>

<>

<>

Screaming with rage at her ineffectual attack and the new creature that has attacked her, a large tear bisects the huge bulb with a sickening wet squelch. Inside, something can clearly be seen thrashing with rage. The giant bulb undulates wetly on the stone floor, the giant thorn studded petals that form her gaping maw fluttering as though having difficulty breathing, clearly something is happening. However, even mad with rage and in the process of whatever strange metamorphosis that has seized her she does not plan to let the two legged creatures go unpunished. Her leafy vine whips out with a crack, as she hopes to destroy the tiny creatures that invade her chambers. However when she attempts to strike, she finds herself paralyzed from the latest tiny creature's bite.

Keith: 67/67

9Lives: 16/17

Zelrius: 52/53

Shark: 40/41

Nikki: 31/32

Miaki: 58/59

Yunah: 14/15

Haine: 60/61

Ruri: 52/53

Saix: 18/19

Zero: 16/17

Seldentar: 28/29

Daeron: 36/37

Lightfiyr: 26/27

Vandal: 15/15

Grim: 36/37

Ethereal: 23/23

Clarence: 29/29

Ayane: 17/17

Shanok: 17/17

<> 112/128 Paralyzed 1 turn left

<> 4/12

<> 9/12

<> 5/12

<> 2/12

"Good job Yunah! I'm up next!" I call to her as I charge at it.I jump and land on my left foot. I use my running momentum and use it to spin my body in a 180 degree turn. My body spins and lands a strike on the seed pod. Using my adrenaline I immediately draw my short dagger from my leather sheath and flick my left dagger throw the air. It pierces with a crunch into its shell. I smile a bit and hop back, coughing slightly from the poison gas.

Unknown: ??/?? - Level is unknown

Lightfiyr: 27/27

Grim: 37/37

Clarence: 29/29 (Staying the same form my healing effect).

Shanok: 17/17

Damage Dealt: 2

<> 116/128

<> 2/12

<> 6/12

<> 8/12 (Bleeding for 1 more turn)

<> 9/12

"Guys! I'll finish this thing off! Head towards the boss!" he told to the people in his squad as he charged towards the pod. His attack hit the pod and it was a critical hit, making the pod explode into blue crystals. "One down!" he said as he ran towards where to boss was.

Daeron : 36/37

Shanok: 16/17

Damage Dealt: 3

<> 116/128

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 5/12 (Bleeding for 1 more turn)

<> 0/12

This is it, it's really happening! Ayane can't believe that she is taking part in a boss battle, she remembers thinking she would never get here when she worked in her shop. How quickly things change. Rushing in behind the others in her squad, she looks at the huge ugly plant monster with a grim expression. Saix had been very clear, her <> skill would prove very useful against the boss, because she had so many attacks that would stack nasty bleeding conditions. She waited for Nikki and MIaki to attack first, since they were the tanks and needed to get aggro, and when Miaki called for a <>, she raced forward, drawing her Yamikiba, the Wakazashi sword that she had earned after gaining the Shadowed Path skill, a shortsword that let her use Dagger Skills. Charging one of her Unique Sword Skills, <>, she raced in and plunged the blade into The Guardian's side, giving it a quick vicious twist, before nimbly retreating back behind her two tanks.

Battle Dice: 5 + 2 = 7 Success!

Damage: 2

Applies Bleeding Condition: 1 damage per turn, 3 turns.

<

<> 114/128 (Bleeding for 3/3 turns)

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 0/12

Damage Dealt:

Keith watched as all the strongest players in Aincrad dealt out intense punishment on the boss. The tanks were doing their best to hold out and Keith was raring to take down his pod and get on to helping out everyone else. Sadly, he was the only to hit it. However, his bleeding damage did help out slightly. He then readied his katana and broke off at top speed, using his momentum to attack on the <>.

-Editing-

with his groups pod destroyed in a single pass, 9lives raised his blade towards the <>. "Efficient and deadly! Strike Team, focus attacks on the Guardian!" he shouted to his team. Rushing forward he slid down to the floor evading a vine lash. as he got back to his feet He sheathed his blade to charge his attack. 9lives planted his feat and activated dashing forward with a downward diagonal slash that unfortunately can just short of hitting.

Battle Die: 2 Fail.

Keith: 66/67

9Lives: 15/17

Ayane: 16/17

<> 114/128

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 0/12

Zelrius smirked as the pod died and they all moved onto the Boss herself. The Guardian of the Forest seemed menacing at first, But the more they hit her with less and less damage being dealt, Zelrius began to regain his arrogant attitude . He rushed forward, running straight into the Guardian, only with the slightest hope that he could stun the thing and make attacking this thing and killing it very much easier. before running about to do all this, he drank his <> given to him by Clarence, This would prove invaluable.

(Potion of Fury = +2 Damge)

(5 Damage, Sange +2 +2 from Fury)

_editing_

Zelrius: 51/53

<> 109/128

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 0/12

I was currently scanning the field for any quick changes. I saw a couple pods were defeated and quickly shifted the teams to make some good use of the extra power we now have.

Great work people! 2 pods have been eliminated and 2 remain. Squads B and E, move in to assist Squad A and deal more damage on the boss. I shouted out as I scanned for the pod with the most health left.

I went back to back with Saix so we were able to cover more areas of the battle. Cover me. I'm going in for Pod 2. I said as I turned my sword a deep purple and charged the second pod.

While I charged in, I heard a player scream. I look over while still running to see that it was just a crystal that was dropped. Just as I look up, I see a wall. Next thing I know, I ran right into it and lost all my momentum.

I then returned back to Saix. Damn walls!. Who's bright idea was it to put them in here?! I could tell that Saix was most likely laughing at my stupidity at the time. I then looked over the field. Alright peeps! Keep pushing! We can do this!! I said as I tried to pump up everyone into pushing harder.

Keith: 65/67

Shark: 39/41

Vandal: 14/15

Ethereal: 22/23

Clarence: 28/29

> 109/128

> 0/12

> 9/12

> 5/12 (Bleeding for 1 more turn)

> 0/12

Battle dice: 5 (Fail) :(

(Total damage dealt: 0 DMG)

Equipped Items:

Item: Holy Cuirass

Quality: Rare

Description: Forged of fine, polished, steel this shining cuirass features a blazing blue cross and looks fitting for a Templar to wear.

Ability: Heals the wearer for 1 hp if they roll an 8, 9, 10 on the Battle Dice

Holy Aegis

Description: Forged of polished steel, this fine round shield is tough and strong enough to stand up to punishment from any enemy.

Ability: When worn an 8, 9, or 10 on the combat dice will regenerate 1 Hp.

Holy Sword

Description: Forged of polished steel, this fine sword is strong enough to go toe to toe with any enemy.

Ability: +1 Damage. When wielded an 8, 9, or 10 on the combat dice in battle will heal the wielder or 1 Hp.

The tear in the bulbous bulb that made up the visible parts of The Guardian's 'body' continued to widen as the Paralyzed status wore off. Sufficiently enraged at the status effect, the Boss' Hate was transfered to the new irritant that had inflicted the condition on it. With an earthshaking scream of rage, she lashed out with her leafy vine whip hoping to destroy the tiny creature that had pricked it with it's equally tiny weapon.

Battle Dice: 8

Result: The long thorn spined appendage slammed into Shanok like a snapping whip, taking a small chunk of his HP.

Shanok: 14/17

<> 109/128

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 4/12

<> 0/12

Nikki cringed as the plants attack struck her. It had impacted harder than she expected, but luckily her armor had protected her, better than she could have predicted. Not only that it had failed to move her at all from her spot, her immunity had worked perfectly and she would remain an unbreakable wall. That was what she thought at least until she realized that the attack from the guardian had been an AOE and it had wrapped around her form striking Miaki as well. He had been just as luck y however as his armor absorbed the impact. Still now she had to contend with a style of attack that she had not prepared for.

"Miaki... You alright?" She called out knowing full well that he was fine.

Several more of the players had attacked the pods, and even managed to take down 2 of them. Still 2 remained, and still she could feel the poison coursing through her system. The two squads that had now come to join were Squad B (Zelrius, Clarence, Shanok) and Squad E (9Lives, Grim, Ethereal). They needed a strategy now, as Shanok had already pulled the guardians agro with little they could do to stop it. She had to figure something out before attacking again.

"Miaki, and Squad B Move to the right Flank, and attack. Miaki, yer responsible for them. Squad E and Ayane with me to the left flank." Nikki ordered as as she adopted a new defensive position and began ushering the squads to their respective tanks. She needed to stop the guardian from lashing out at her companions, she needed it angry at her. there was really only one way to do that and she would need to do some damage for that to work. She took a second now, pulling the Potion of Hemlock from her inventory, before snapping off the quark and drinking it down. It tasted as she expected, like cream soda, and she could feel its strengthening effects running through her.

Without wasting another moment Nikki lunged foreword at the plant, striking again under its leafy jaw.

Dice: 8+2=10 Hit. Armor activates

Damage: 1 Base + 1 potion + 1 Standard = 3 Damage

Her spear pierced the Plants thick outer skin, penetrating deep into its soft flesh again. That had been her second strike, for what she could describe as 6 damage in total. She smiled to herself as she backed up to join up with Squad E and Ayane. "Miaki... It's yer turn.. Piss it off." She shouted at him as she turned her shield to the side giving her a total of 5 feet clearance to better protect her group. As she did she tossed another shout over her shoulder. "Group C, Join Miaki when yer Pod goes down, and Group D you come to me."

Nikki 30/32

Guardian 106/128

Total Damage Dealt 6

The Guardian's vine attacks were an expected attack given the type of boss they were facing. Holding his position behind Nikki's unbreakable defense, the vines shot right for them. Both of them to be exact. Miaki's special armor ability had activated and negated all damage taken.

"Miaki... You alright?" He heard Nikki shout to him still behind her.

"Heh, you kidding?" He laughed. "That thing hardly left a scratch."

As everyone else attacked their individual targets he saw very quickly how fast everyone was moving in on the main target. <>. Out of no where he saw the boss freeze from paralysis. "Who did that?" He asked himself as the boss started getting hit from so many different angles.

"Miaki, and Squad B Move to the right Flank, and attack. Miaki, yer responsible for them. Squad E and Ayane with me to the left flank." Nikki barked her orders and rushed to the left with her team. Yunah, Clarence, Saix, and Zelrius.

"Copy Lieutenant! Alright Squad B! You heard the woman. Break right! I'll initiate!" He shouted as he saw his three commandants forming up on him along with his latest brigade member Yunah. She truly surprised him with her skill in combat and he looked forward to seeing what else she was capable of. The team rushed left and Miaki drew the boss' attention to him trying to aggro the right side away from everyone else. The poison gas was still pouring in at the moment but he couldn't let that distract him. With <> in his hands Miaki dashed forward, fighting off minor vines that attempted to slow him down. He covered the last 5 meters and slashed at the base of the plant.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown 2 turn(s))

Battle Results: Crit! 5 DMG!

In a bright silver arc, Miaki's katana slashed right through the fleshy body of the Guardian. It started to rumble. "Yep, definitely pissed it off. Alright Yunah. LET 'EM HAVE IT!"

Nikki: 30/32

Miaki: 57/59

<> 101/128

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 4/12

<> 0/12

"Copy Lieutenant! Alright Squad B! You heard the woman. Break right! I'll initiate!" Yunah grinned, and followed commands as ordered. it was good to be be fighting next to miaki now, and she felt a surge of confidence. she dashed to the right side of the giant plant along with the other 4 people she was with, and then watched as miaki with his silver sword slashed the side of it. "Yep, definitely pissed it off. Alright Yunah. LET 'EM HAVE IT!" Yunah could only let a big grin take over her face as she let out the words "with pleasure" as she pasted him, sprinting as fast as her avatar would let her go. her blue blade began to turn a bright pink color as she charged up the sword skill <>

Battle dice: Hit! (2 Damage, 1 base and 1 sword skill)

she struck the giant plant with a mighty slash and then jumped backwards and allowed the next person to go in for an attack.

Yunah: 13/15

<> 99/128

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 4/12

<> 0/12

Overall Damage:5

Total Damage Dealt to Pods: 3

Total Damage Dealt to Boss: 2

"Alrightie! Let's kill this little brat.." Haine muttered as she glanced around and noticed how everyone had been hitting so much damage, most pods near death, and some even dead already. The bluenette could only hope to hit a good critical, that would push the opponent's health down the drain. She raised her sword, and sprinted towards the enemy, preparing a swipe, hoping that it wouldn't go to waste by failing on her.

"DONT FAIL ME BLADE!!" she mentally exclaimed.

Battle dice: 5 (miss)

"Great going sword.." Haine sighed as she then moved back towards her group, waiting for the next person in line to have a go at the pod.

Yunah: 13/15

Haine: 59/61

<> 99/128

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 4/12

<> 0/12

Maddened beyond all reason, she thrashed in her fury; the huge bulb bulging grotesquely before finally splitting open. Her birthing chamber finally torn away, she emerged for the first time. What had seemed like a giant plant was in reality simply her seedling form, and as the battle had continued, she was at last prepared to enter the world. Sprouting from the huge flowering maw, was the torso of a titanic human woman, her skin a soft green, her hair made up of coniferous pine needles. Vines and iron hard bark made up her modesty, hugging her supple flesh like a second skin. Clutched in her hands was a curved sword fashioned of the same iron hard wood and a buckler shield of the same wood.

At last she was ready to let the battle begin. Drawing back the cleaver like blade, she fixed her baleful golden glowing eyes on the last of the pitiful creatures to dare strike her majestic beauty.

Second Form Reached!

+ 2 to Guardian's Battle Dice

Battle Dice: 8 + 2 = Success

Result: The huge blade fell like a hammer on an anvil, slamming hard into the young player Yunah.

Yunah: 11/15

<> 99/128

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 4/12

<> 0/12

"Good job Haine! I'll see how much damage I can do.. hopefully it'll be enough to help.." Ruri sighed as she drew her blade once more, slowly approaching the pod, but staying a good few feet away from the opponent so she could run in and make a more powerful swing. This pod had to die soon.. so they could fight the real boss soon.

Battle Dice: 5..

"Wonderful!" Ruri exclaimed sarcastically as she ran back up to the line.. concerned about the misses being done all over the place.

Ruri: 51/53

<> 99/128

<> 0/12

<> 9/12

<> 4/12

<> 0/12

Surveying the battle as it progressed, Saix's attention was quickly drawn to the progress of Pod 2. Thus far two pods had been destroyed, but Pod 2 was proving to be a thorn in their side. "We have to take that pod down, Shark I'm going after 2, cover me!" He shouts over the noise of battle, before racing off into battle, the red blade of Bloody Rose flashing in the low light. Moving in at full speed, <> propels his blade forward in a blindingly fast thrust into the pod's mottled side.

Battle Dice: 5 + 2 = Success

Damage: 1 + 2 = 3

Result: The needle tip of his rapier punctured deep into the side of the Pod, expelling a gout of foul smelling liquid, probably the liquid innards that protected the spores the Pod was releasing into the air. "Disgusting..." he muttered as he retracted his blade, and moved back to support Shark as overwatch.

Ruri: 51/53