[F3(R10[GM])Alchemist] Hermit's Hermetics - Open to all

Prior Page Value: 43 Exp

Raidou determined to discover the properties in the red herb he found along the desert. Raidou begins to grind it up and produces a glowing craft. Waiting for it to settle, as it turns red fluid instead of candy for once. Raidou is ecstatic reading the effects on his hub, as he records the recipe in his almanac.

Crafting Dice: 10

Quality: Uncommon

Exp: 3

Item: Blood Booster Potion

Shop: Hermit's Hermetics

Description: This adept crafted concotion is derived of blood-booster and blue mushroom base. The cherry red potion, imbues someone with a vigor that lasts for the duration of a single battle. +2 HP for the duration of current battle. (Single Use)

Approved!

Edited by Raidou
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raidou has one herb type he has yet to find the effects of, and aims to find it out. Beginning a craft of the day-break, Raidou follows his previous successful recipe that yielded gummy bears. This time however yields a rich blue colored potion. On Raidou's hub it reads «Antidote». Raidou is elated at the discovery of such a vitally important stable for any chemist.

Crafting Dice: 9

Item: Antidote

Shop: Hermit's Hermetics

Description:This adept level craft is created from day-break. The rich blue colored fluid within removes one negative debuff from the user. (Remove One Negative Effect, Immune to Reapplication of cured affect until next post)

Approved!

• 5 years later...

Dusting off the shelves, the layers of dust Raidou cleans off a space to work on the old counter. "This will have to do, let's get the filth out of the system" peeling one of his dried herbs from his satchel. The brilliant red foliage at the tip of this small piece of plant he drops it softly into his Alembic. A few turns a grind, he removes a vial from the shelf and blows the dust from its surface.

Dropping the blood-red flakes of ground down the plant into the mixture

It Fails to Hold CD:4, LD:17 #134252

Exp: 2

The potion backlashes, turning a red hue before a subtle burst is heard from the interior of the bottle. Raidou with a sigh "I should have expected these to be too aged for use." Then a second glance reveals that the base was destroyed, not the small red flakes he added into it. "Well, maybe your more resilient than I believed.."

Edited by Raidou

"Let's try this again" Raidou pulls a vial from the shelf, a small cylinder filled with a thick bonding agent. Pulling the small dropper from its top he uncorks the concoction he is working with and drips a few droplets into its exterior slowly letting it pool around the powdered red plant at the base of the vial. It begins to react, glowing blue as the fluid makes contact...

CD:6 LD:18 #134253

The glow fades out, the powder seems to drink it up from how dried out it is but doesn't begin to produce aught of any use. 

Edited by Raidou

"Hmm...." Raidou brings his hand to his chin, "Maybe I just need to add simple water, It seems to be absorbing the moisture." Raidou picks the vial from the counter and finds a small trough with a faucet underneath a layer of dust. The sink kicks back for a moment due to inactivity before the water begins to flow freely. Water flowing Raidou cups a bit in his palm feeding it into the mouth of the vial and mentally crossing his fingers...

CD:9, LD:11 #134254

Item: Blood Toxin

Quality: Uncommon

Shop: Hermit's Hermetics

Description: This adept level craft is created from Blood Herbs. The rich red-colored fluid within amplifies the damage one's opponent sustains by halting the wound closure. (+1 Damage for a Thread)

"There it is, looks to have dried just a bit too long. I'm back to see to your needs..." Raidou exclaims as the vial fills with a red mixture

Edited by Raidou

"Alright then" Raidou whispers to a filthy, empty interior before he adds the vial to a rack and pulls out another small vibrant colored herb. Taking the Mortar and Pestle to the sink he rinses it in the still running water to brush it clean. "Take care to not contaminate the brew" Raidou whispers to himself then dries it with a relatively clean cloth and places the herb within and begins to grind its golden petals to a fine powder.

CD: 4, LD: 10 #134255

The powder bursts under the spinning Pestle leaving fragmented data spewing from its housing. "Damn, they are way too old for this but I have to try."

Edited by Raidou

"Let's try this one more time, trying to regain my barrings," Raidou thinks with a whisper before he peels a blue leafed herb from his inner robe satchel. The bright blue leaves glisten in the low light exterior as it's placed on the flat surface, Raidou brushes clean the mortar and grabs another vial of a grey fluid and places next to the rest and peers down. "Maybe I'm a bit rusty, I feel this used to come to me much easier" as he starts to turn the pestle and the grinding permeates the shops interior.

CD: 6, LD:1 #134256

The blue light turns red as he spins the device "Don't you..." and before he can finish his sentence the room is filled with a pop. Raidou coughs and waves his hand "I should have known..."

Looks like I'm going out... Raidou thinks softly shutting the door to his hole with a turning tumbler.

Edited by Raidou

After a small bout through the mists, gleaning the environment but failing to find anything of use "Seems picked clean..." a small ping the door swings ajar. Raidou sets down his equipment and un-dons his gear and gets comfortable. Peeling another dried herb from his pocket, Raidou shuffles to the grinding device and picks it up. "Last time, luck wasn't with me... which is fine I don't really believe in that nonsense."

CD: 1, LD:19 #134356

Beginning the grind, It takes a bit longer to powder due to the age. An electronic burst destroys the grind, Raidou simply sighs and reaches back to his bag.

Exp: 1

Edited by Raidou

A white leafed dried plant with greyed roots removed from a small satchel placed on the still filthy surface, Raidou pulls a cloth and wipes the small bowl out removing particles of the previous failure from it. Picking up the white herb from the long counter, the grind begins with a starting turn...

# 134357 CD:7, LD:11

The grind comes to a halt and Raidou moves to a collection of glass tanks and tubes, pouring the powder through a small opening in the top it starts to cook as fluid is poured from another hole from the top. Inside the large sphere of glass, it heats and bubbles as Raidou turns a small faucet and collects the white-colored fluid into a small cylinder glass and pops a cork to let it cool. It begins to thicken as the alchemist turns it under the dim lighting from the burner "Too thick for intake, maybe this paste will be useful in other ways".

Uncorking it before it cools fully he pours it into a small jar, the height much smaller and the diameter much longer that fingers can be reached into.

Item: Composed Anti-Toxin

Quality: Uncommon

Description: This adept level craft is created from a White leafed plant. This white paste within this small jar coats the skin, strengthening one's system to fighting infection (1 Antidote (Immunity vs. Ailments [1 Magnitude])

EXP: 3

Edited by Raidou

"On to the next then..." Raidou whispers pulling another material out and moving on from the jar of paste marginally pleased with the result given the age of the component used.

Pulling a blue leaf from his pouch and taking it to the sink, water begins to bead from its foliage in large droplets removing the oils from its surface before. Raidou takes careful precautions to cup some water in his palm and allow the herb to drink a bit before he starts to work it. 

# 134358 CD:1, LD:1

Exp: 1

The plant disintegrates in his hands, the water to harsh on it turning to nothing more than mush on his skin.

Edited by Raidou

Pulling a vibrant red-leafed herb from his pocket he places it down. Beginning to tidy up the place, Raidou opens the door and begins to remove the layers of dust. 

# 134359 CD:10, LD:20

Lighting a small candle the dim orange glow begins to illuminate the interior. Raidou takes cloth dampened from the small sink, begins to wipe his instruments down carefully restoring them to a usable state. Lighting the burner again, moving his calculator and alembic closer together and getting mortar polished and stacking vials to docked racks. Raidou claps his hands and shuts the door now that the interior has been evacuated from age, the dust leaves his hands as he washes them and starts to grind down the powder. Mixed with a dash of bluish fluid, then a dash of grey gel the mixture begins to boil in the alembic. It begins to swell to excitement rapidly and Raidou is a bit taken aback "Uh, well I wasn't expecting..." Raidou pulls a vial but the fluid continues to produce. "What... is going on" Raidou ponders trying to understand the sheer volume of the fluid produced.

Exp: 5

Item: Golem's Strength

Quality: Rare

Description: This adeptly crafted concoction is derived from blood-booster and Blue Mushroom Base along with a dash of Viscous Gel. The dark red potion imbues someone with a strength that lasts quite a while. (2 Damage [+2 Base for Thread])

Critical Craft!

Item: Golem's Strength

Quality: Rare

Description: This adeptly crafted concoction is derived from blood-booster and Blue Mushroom Base along with a dash of Viscous Gel. The dark red potion imbues someone with a strength that lasts quite a while. (2 Damage [+2 Base for Thread])

Edited by Raidou

Raidou pulls a green-leafed Self-Heal out, Taking a second glance and the small red-hued bottles placed on the counter. "Let's try to make something less grimace"

The grind begins with a small squeal from the bowl, powdered up into small green flakes and powdered roots. Raidou's exhaustion begins to take him and although he's intrigued and wants to keep working he calls it a night. "I'll continue working in the morning I suppose, lest I blow my shop to pieces." placing the flakes into a vial to keep them fresh.

# 134361 CD:3, LD:19

Exp:2

Salvaged!

Edited by Raidou

Raidou enders the familiar interior, a bit musky and wet from the environment surrounding it. Setting a few nuggets of worth from his satchel on a clearing upon this long drawn countertop he lights the burner. "Let's get to work..." a small murmur before pulling down the green powder from before. Uncorking the small vial he begins a compound sending the powder into an opening on the alembic. A small dropper is withdrawn from a gold liquid-filled bottle, a few droplets excreted into the same opening.

#134399 CD: 6, LD:19 Salvaged!

The compound doesn't bind with the meager amount of fluid presented, Raidou pays little mind readjusting the frames wiggling on his nose inspecting it carefully. "A little of this then..." pulling down a small gelatinous filled vial and adding a couple to the mix and it begins to froth up within the glass sphere.

#134400 CD:4, LD: 20 Salvaged!

"Hmm..." Raidou spews out overlooking the device as it boils, the apparatus not quite turning a shade he'd like to see from it. "It's not bonding properly." Maybe if I add... a bit more?" with a small pause between and a bit more gold liquid added to the mixture. 

#134401 CD:8, LD: 13 Uncommon

Finally, the mixture reacts starting to glow a rich emerald green back at him, Raidou takes to the spigot before looking to the jar to his right still placed on a small rack on his right. "I wonder if I could reproduce that thickening..." Raidou remarks taking a jar to the spout instead of a vial and integrating a couple of drops of the thick grey gel to the surface of the bottom. Unhinged the fluid begins to run into this jar, and with a small think stick of woodturning, it solidifies to a greenish paste. "Look at that..." Raidou remarks pulling a book from his pocket and scribing down some words.

Name: Topical Anti-Toxin
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: R4
Roll ID: #134401
Roll Result: CD: 8
Item Type: Potion
Tier: T1
Enhancements: 1 Antidote
Post Link: Here
Description:
This adept level craft is created from a Self-Heal. This white paste within this small jar coats the skin, strengthening one's system to fighting infection (1 Antidote (Immunity vs. Ailments [1 Magnitude])

#134402 CD:6, LD: 8 Failed Salvage

Setting his sight to another herb from the counter, this blue leafed piece dried and the scent not unlike lavender emanating from it Raidou retrieves it. A twist of a grind and deposit of flakes into the device, Raidou adds a bit of gold to the mixture but it fails to bond "So finicky it seems... I wonder if this one can withstand the heat." Bubbling but not changing from the process Raidou pulls down a vial of a bluish mixture.

#134403 CD:2, LD: 7 Failed

A few drops into the container, and at first it seems to swell properly. "Maybe... just maybe..." the words fall to the floor as the mixture starts to flash but hangs red "No..." Raidou says reducing the heat, but too late it seems, as the liquid contained within detonates in a puff of black smoke. A bit frustrated Raidou moves to the door with a wave of his hand, clearing the smog from his face and lets the fog escape into the sky.

Exp: 10

Edited by Raidou

Raidou vents the smoke as best as he can looking out into the dense fogs of Floor 3. A small cough Raidou just takes a deep breath to clear his lungs, the subtle sunlight peering through the mist and the foliage around him.

# 134417 CD: 1, LD: 17 Critical Failure

# 134418 CD:4, LD : 9 Salvage Failure

From behind him, a few sounds appear from his back.

*pop* 

*pop* 

Raidou turns to see a small fire, and with an exhale "Crap!..." he pats out the flames as they consume a couple of materials from the counter. "I suppose I should start paying attention more...." Raidou adjusts the glasses on his nose having just put out a small flame with a sigh.

Edited by Raidou

It had been a while since Macradon had last set foot in any other player’s shop, it had been a while since he had gone out shopping for consumables, but with the floor raid creeping nearer and nearer, all the Knight could do now was to prepare himself. He had stumbled upon a shop on the third floor, an alchemist shop, not something he had seen much of, and it was a nice change of pace instead of having to go to Zandra for his alchemic needs, supporting the ones that could use a boost would certainly be better and more aligned with his oath. 

Wearing only his casual attire, Macradon would sat foot into the shop. As he entered, he certainly felt like it was a totally different atmosphere from the other alchemist shops he had visited, this one felt more … lively, less … dark laboratory. “Excuse me, anyone here?” he asked out and waited for a response. When the shopkeeper finally appeared in Macradon’s field of view, the knight sent over a friendly smile. “Hey, name’s Macradon, I’m here for a big order, I hope you’re ready for this.” he said with a light chortle at the end.

He would begin to fill out a few forms, not many, but he needed multiples of each. “Yeah, I’d like 15 of these Iron Will potions, 8 Major Bulk potions and finally 5 Teleportation Crystals.” he said, listing off all the items he needed for his future endeavors. “Would this be a feasible task? I would be able to pay in both materials and col, if we could make it split somewhat evenly, that would be favorable.” he said and handed over the three forms for crafting.

Spoiler

Name: Potion of Iron Will
Your Rank: 4
Roll ID:
Roll Result:
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Damage | Damage | Damage
Description: A potion filled with vital vitamins from many different sources. The concoction has a near instantaneous reaction upon the body of the consumer. The muscles of the user tenses and slightly increases in volume, making the consumer capable of hitting harder.
Post Link:

Name: Potion of Major Bulk
Roll ID:
Roll Result:
Tier: 3
Enhancements: Overhealth | Overhealth | Overhealth
Description: Vitally flows throughout the body of the consumer, the energetic concoction increases the consumer's vitality for a prolonged duration, making the consumer more capable of taking in more damage than normal.
Post Link:

Name: Teleportation Crystal
Roll ID:
Roll Result:
Item Type: Crystal
Tier: 1
Enhancements: Teleportation
Description: Teleports the player to the town or designated teleportation area they specify.
Post Link:

Raidou hears the door of his shop swing open "Here of all places..." with a whisper, thinking the wind took the wood entry ajar. Exiting the back of the shop toward the front his gaze meets a player. Slinking behind his counter to avoid his gaze "UH... w-what do y-you want from me." Raidou remarks peering over the counter as only his hair and the glimmering reflection of his spectacles are visible to Macradon. Raidou remarks having barely picked up what Macradon was ordering "Y-you n-need potions?" Raidou questions adjusting the glasses on his nose, the reflection shielding his eyes from view.

Looking down confused at the seemingly confused shopkeeper, Macradon would nod “Aye, I need potions, a lot of ‘em.” he said “To make things easier for you, let me just write the numbers I need down on the requests, then you don’t have to remember everything I just said, it’ll be much easier to just be able to look at the request form and know how many you need to make of it.” he said with a smile and noted down the needed numbers of each potion and crystal. "What would the price be for this haul?” he would ask.

Picking up the ledger off the counter with a raised arm, continuing to shield himself from vision. Raidou scans the paper with his eyes rapidly dancing across the page mumbling incoherently. Seconds pass as he reaches the end, and Raidou springs up with ignited passion at the thought of all the work he'd have to toy with concoctions. Adjusting his frames and a quick analysis that skips from his mouth in fragments.

"Odds being..."

"percentage chance..."

then begins to mumble a bit before a clear answer under passionate and fueled words "A sizeable order of that magnitude would be astronomical in price, given the odds of success your looking in a range of 168 materials due to my capability and a days span of..." as he pauses again "35... days of work" as an odd grin appears on his face and he exclaims "But as for cost... just the materials required which would be returned to you after completion." the thought of all the beautiful time he would spend at his mortar and pestle.

Edited by Raidou

Something happened … something … triggered this man, he was very different from before. He was timid, but now … he was more energetic than his former display of person could ever think of achieving. The man mumbled, doing some calculations and finally came to a conclusion “Huh. 175 materials over 35 days … I guess I could siphon you materials over time.” he said and opened up his inventory “But if that’s the case, here’s the starting payment, I’ll pay you more if you need to, do tell me when you’re running low on materials and I’ll be there in a jiffy.” he said and extracted a sack of 50 Tier 1 materials and 20 Tier 3 materials, and handed it over to the shopkeeper.

Raidou's demeanor changed even further as he begins to pour himself over the resources littered across his counter. Silently he begins to understand the gravity that this is really happening This is real, who is this? With a small peer up he replies with a solid statement "That's agreeable I will continue to pull them together at the fastest pace I can go. Anything that I don't need will go back to you in full. This is what I do so you can breathe easy." Raidou remarks pulling the glasses from his face and polishing them on his sleeve before replacing them and looking up to Macradon and his orange eyes subtly penetrating the reflecting glass.

Retrieving a small book from his pocket, its opened and scratching the surface of the pages is the formulaic patterns he will need for each item in question-based around the resources presented as he scouts through the pile and starts retracting empty vials and setting them down near each small cordoned off area.