[F01 - SP] A New Start | <<The First Lesson>>

"No..." Arga woke with a start.  Small beads of sweat trickled down his face and his hand started to twitch involuntarily. "Calm down...you are safe" he reassured himself. He took some deep breaths and got off the bed. He walked over to the window and took sight of bustling activity in the town. "How long has he been trapped here...a month or maybe even more than that?" he thought. He closed the curtain and took a seat on the bed. He hardly got any sleep nowadays with his sleep getting plagued with nightmares. "Enough with these negative thoughts" he chided himself. He stood up from the bed and did his morning routine. After he completed his morning routine, he walked downstairs to the dining area of the inn and ordered breakfast. After he finished eating, he left the inn and started walking down the street. 

"What should I do today?" he pondered. He could gather materials or maybe hunt monsters today. This floor was relatively safe compared to the others, but danger was still present. "Maybe I should just wander around" he thought. "You there! Stop, please!". Arga turned around to see a man approaching him with long, purposeful strides. The man was wearing a suit and had a perfectly shaped mustache. Arga could spot a monocle over his right eye. "This man seems familiar" Arga thought to himself. "Pardon me, but I am in need of some assistance, and you appear quite capable" the man said to Arga. The man heaves a quick sigh, adjusting the monocle over his right eye. "My name is Dorian, and I am the mayor of this town. As part of those mayoral duties, I issued a small loan to a member of the community a few months ago. Well, the time to collect had come around and I-" Flustered, Dorian systematically runs his fingers over his perfect mustache. "You see, I've forgotten who it was I loaned the money to. Terribly embarrassing, I know, but I am a very busy man, and I cannot keep track of everything that happens. I'm sure you understand." "No wonder he felt so familiar" Arga thought. With a wave of his hand, Dorian continues, "Should you be willing to track down the loan recipient for me, and collect the col, I would be eternally grateful. Just, maybe don't let anyone else know I forgot who the loan went to?"

Suddenly, a quest notification popped into his HUD. "Should I help or not?" Arga thought to himself. He looked back at Dorian and pondered. "I mean I will get rewarded for this so why not" Arga clicked the green circle, accepting the quest. Dorian nods. "Excellent, I knew I could count on you! You might start with Zackariah, the alchemist. He's often doing projects for the town, so it may have been him that borrowed the money." Dorian then turned around and walked away in a hurry. "He didn't tell me where Zackariah was...I guess he is pretty busy" Arga thought. Arga decided to ask other NPCs where Zackariah's shop was. After a half hour later, he found himself near the entrance of Zackariah's shop. He entered the shop and was met with shelves and shelves of colorful potions in various vials and jars. Oh, hello," comes the distracted greeting from behind the counter. A man with a long, snow-white beard glances up from a bubbling cup of sweet-smelling purple liquid. "I guess he is Zackariah" Arga thought. He was going to ask him about the loan when he got interrupted by the man. "Are you here to order something? I’m sorry, but I am currently swamped with orders, and I’m running out of supplies.” Light comes into the man's dark eyes, a lightbulb going off to signify a brilliant idea. “Would you gather a few materials for me? Flowers, herbs, rare woods, whatever you can find outside the city walls. I promise I’ll help you fill your order as soon as you return. In fact, I would be willing to show you how to do it yourself.”

"He didn't even let me finish..." Arga stared at Zackariah. Arga wanted to ask him about the loan but he stopped himself. "I guess this is how the quest is supposed to run" Arga thought. "Alright, I will gather some materials for you" Arga told the man. He left the store and started walking to the gate. 

Spoiler

Wordcount: 735 words

Spoiler

Arga | Lv.1 | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 0

Skills

• Polearm | RANK 1/5

Equipment

• Norokvaaz | T1 Polearm | Damage III (Equipped)

Battle-Ready Inventory

• (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

As Arga walked towards the gate, he passed by many NPCs. Some were opening up their stores while others were talking to each other. He also saw some players here and there. He felt something bump into him and stopped walking. He looked down to see a little boy. "Sorry" the boy said before running off. Arga resumed walking. It was very unsettling how the NPCs acted like real people but he got used to it. After a while, he finally reached the gate. "I guess it's time" he took a deep breath and walked through the gate. 

As he walked out, he could see elevated platforms littered across the landscape. Most of them just had tall grass while some had large rocks or ponds. He could see a couple of boars near him. "I should stay far away from them" he murmured and walked away from them. Although he wanted to challenge them, he didn't want to take any risks. "Maybe next time..." he thought as he jumped down to a platform with a couple of rocks embedded into it. "Time to start searching".

Spoiler

Wordcount: 185

Arga started looking around. None of the rocks seemed like they could be moved so he left them alone. He could see a bed of clovers on the ground. "Maybe I could find a four leaf clover" he thought. He sat on the ground and started searching for a four leaf clover. 

It felt like hours but Arga still couldn't find a four leaf clover. "Even in a game, it is pretty hard to find" he thought. He didn't want to waste more time looking for the clover so he decided to try his luck. He slowly got up when he spotted something out of the ordinary. Resting on the bed of clovers was a glistening, golden feather. He picked it up and inspected it. "I wonder how this got here...I never heard of a golden-colored bird in Floor 1" he pondered. "I guess I was pretty lucky" he thought as he pocketed the feather. 

Spoiler

Wordcount: 155 

Spoiler

ID: 210011 | LD: 18 | Materials Search. Materials found (1).

Edited by Arga
  • 3 weeks later...

Arga walked towards the edge of the pond. He started to look around the area for more materials when he spotted something glistening a few meters away from him. “Another shiny object…” he walked over to it and crouched down. It was a small, blue crystal embedded into the ground. It was so small that he could have just walked past it without knowing that it was there. “I think this crystal will be a good addition to the potion” he thought. He tried to pull out of the ground but it didn’t budge. He tried again but it still didn’t budge. “That’s strange…” he tried again, this time using all of his strength. It still didn’t budge. “It’s like it doesn’t want to leave” he thought. After trying a couple more times, he stopped and stared at the crystal intently. He could spend his time trying to find a way to remove it but he didn’t want to waste time. He sighed. “I guess I will find something else”. He gave the crystal one last look and slowly started to get up. That’s when he heard an aggressive growl.

Spoiler

Wordcount: 190

Spoiler

ID: 210124 | LD: 2 | Materials Search. No Materials Found

Edited by Arga

Spoiler

Combat

Arga | Lv.1 | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 0

V.S.

Warg | HP: 30/30 | DMG: 5

ID: 210129 | BD: 4 | <<ST-I vs. Warg>>| Miss! | MD: 4 | Miss! 

Arga | Lv.1 | HP: 20/20 | EN: 18/20 (-2) | DMG: 7 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 0

Warg | HP: 30/30 | DMG: 5

Edited by Arga

Spoiler

Arga | Lv.1 | HP: 20/20 (-5) | EN: 18/20 (-2) | DMG: 7 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 0

Warg | HP: 30/30 | DMG: 5

ID: 210183 | BD: 6 | <<ST-I vs. Warg>> | Hit! 7*4 = 28 DMG | MD: 8 | Hit! 5 DMG

Arga | Lv.1 | HP: 15/20 (-5) | EN: 14/20 (-6) | DMG: 7 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 0

Warg | HP: 2/30 (-28) | DMG: 5

Edited by Arga