[F01] - SP (Solo Party) <<The First Few Lessons>>

"Today is the day isn't it?" I Say, Walking up from my slumber at the...inn, I Had managed to save up some money to stay at a inn, But today was the day I Had finally gathered up the courage to start adventuring, I deeply inhaled as I looked around and headed out outside, The sun's glare blinding me for a moment or two before I Proceed walking, The locals around here knew of me of something of a beggar, I Wasn't really one but anyways, That's gonna change starting from today

I Slide across all the menus as I Click onto the inventory menu and then equip my curved sword, With a almost godly glow coming from it as it combusts into my hand, I Smile as I Venture out of the gate and walk towards the gate

Suddenly A man approaches me, With some long purposeful strides he approaches me

"You there! Stop, please!" He says

My eyes dart to him as I Raise my eyebrow, A NPC? I Look towards where his player cursor should be. There was none, So He is A NPC?

"Yeah, What's up? Anything you need help with?" I Say, With a smile on my face

"Pardon me, but I am in need of some assistance, and you appear quite capable." He says, Adjusting his monocle over his right eye

"I Am not that capable, But what do you need help with?" I Reply, Now turning to look directly at the NPC

My name is Dorian, and I am the mayor of this town. As part of those mayoral duties, I issued a small loan to a member of the community a few months ago. Well, the time to collect had come around and I-" Flustered, Dorian systematically runs his fingers over his perfect mustache.

"You see, I've forgotten who it was I loaned the money to. Terribly embarrassing, I know, but I am a very busy man, and I cannot keep track of everything that happens. I'm sure you understand." 

With a wave of his hand, Dorian continues, "Should you be willing to track down the loan recipient for me, and collect the col, I would be eternally grateful. Just, maybe don't let anyone else know I forgot who the loan went to?"

I Look surprised for a moment before A popup appears on my menu

"Accept quest?

<<The First Few Lessons>> - <<The First Lesson>>" I Click on yes as The system prompt disappears as it now appears on my quest menu

"So it's something of a tutorial quest?" I Say, With a smile on my face murmuring to myself

"I'll be off now!" I Say, As Dorian Nods

"Excellent, I knew I could count on you! You might start with Zackariah, the alchemist. He's often doing projects for the town, so it may have been him that borrowed the money."

"Okay, I'll Inquire him about It" I Say walking and Looking for this Figure Named "Zackariah"

Spoiler

Word Count: 495

Edited by Sharpy
I Didn't complete the entire post and accidentally posted

As I Enter Zackriah's shop, I Look around A ton of shelves stood strong as I Looked upon them, Vials upon Vials Upon Vials of Jars, Just standing there

I Look towards the counter for a moment

“Oh, hello,"  comes the distracted greeting from behind the counter. A man with a long, snow-white beard glances up from a bubbling cup of sweet-smelling purple liquid. 

I Look towards the man as A smile emerges from my face, I Smile a bit as I Open my mouth to say something but I Was immediately cut off by the man continuing

"Are you here to order something? I’m sorry, but I am currently swamped with orders, and I’m running out of supplies.” Light comes into the man's dark eyes, a lightbulb going off to signify a brilliant idea. 

"No No- No!" I Say trying to inteject but the man was not listening and was instead continuing his own phrase

“Would you gather a few materials for me? Flowers, herbs, rare woods, whatever you can find outside the city walls. I promise I’ll help you fill your order as soon as you return. In fact, I would be willing to show you how to do it yourself.” 

I Sigh as I Nod as a Last resort, This man was not going to listen to what I Was going to say unless he has his own thing done, I Nod as I Head out to search for more of what Lies outside the city walls

Spoiler

Word Count: 250

Edited by Sharpy
Spoiler

Got 1 Material, Roll ID: #210031

I Enter the forest As I Start to look for Materials to help this man do this, I Bend over and try to look for any signs of Herbs, I Swing around trees for them as I see none, My eyes dart from tree to tree as I Try to locate something of a material, But finally after what seemed like an hour of searching, I Was finally able to find 1 Material! Only 1!

It was a small herb planted in the middle, I Swiped through my inventory as I equipped a sword Just In case something appeared out of nowhere, I Grin as I Pull and pocket the small herb-like plant into my inventory

I Grin as I stand up and look around for more herbs, I Had gotten 1 and I Only needed to collect a little more! With a smile on my face, I Search for more of the herbs

Spoiler

Word Count: 154

Edited by Sharpy

i Grin as my count goes up by 1, Okay just need four more, I Pluck around from bush to bush as I Try to locate something of a material, I Found one I Just need 4 more, My hand reaches out into a bush as I Sense something prickly

"Ow! Ow! Ow" I Say Retreating my hand from the depths of the bush realising that I was getting pricked by some sort of leave or twig, I Grin as I Finally manage to squeeze in my hand to the depths of the bush, And shake it around, Hm Nothing here let me try another bush

The hordes of bushes in this forest was truly astonishing, I Reach out into the bush as I Feel something touching the tip of my finger! Right there! I Try to grab it but Some pricks touch me, I Impulsively draw my hand back but stop myself from doing so As I Grab the thing by hand and grin as I Realise what It was, A Red coloured flower beautiful!

My face curves into a smirk as My count goes up confirming it was a ingredient

Spoiler

Gathered 1 Material, 2/5! Roll ID: #210032

Spoiler

Word Count: 192

Edited by Sharpy

I Grin As I Cheer inwardly

"3 To go! I Suppose!" I Look around as I Try to spot more hordes of bushes, I Find one and I Dash over and essentially jump to reach it! I Grin as I Wiggle my hand around trying to find something, My hand feels something...

"AH!" I Say Howling in Pain as I Retreat my hand from the depths of the bush, Even though I Feel no actual BIG Pain, I still have the impulse to shout...Quite normal to do so If you ask me! Considering the graphics of this game

Okay I need to find 3 more, Let's try again, I Scoop my hand in and with a bit of digging I Touch the ground inside as I Move my around In a desperate Manner to Search for..Something?

Anything that Is A Alchemy ingredient?! But none was in sight to be found, I Sigh as I Look for another horde of bushes

Spoiler

Materials Gathered. Roll ID: #210033

Spoiler

Word Count: 160

I Grin as I look around me for more hordes of bushes, I look and duck to reach inside the bushes, Swiping my hand around aimlessly for something of a berry 

I Feel something! And the good thing is that it doesn't hurt at all! I crawl forward a bit as I swoop my hand around excitedly 

I squint my eyes as I rattle around a bit as I hear the sound of a stick breaking underneath me, I am such a scaredy cat, I Grin as I look towards my hand and pull out a flower, I see my count go up meaning this was a material!

I grin as I Look towards the aincrad sky, It was shining brightly but to me it was a calm feeling, And to everyone else as well...The seasons of Aincrad

I Look happily towards the collect materials, Almost done I am! I grin as I chuckle a bit at how much fun I was having only digging around in the dirt and bushes

Spoiler

Word Count: 171

Spoiler

Gathered Materials, Roll ID: #210036

I sigh trying to get another berry, This was exhaustingly hard even though it was my first ever thing I was doing in aincrad

Except for surviving of course, I Grin as I Look Towards the next horde of bushes with a smile on my face, I Duck down this time a bit irritated, I was getting poked and prodded trying to find some materials

Okay this was hard, Finding and gathering materials isn't as easy as I had thought it to be, The RNG For spawning materials needs to be on my side, While My ability in finding the materials needs to be on my side as well

I sigh as I keep weaving my hand around the horde of bushes, Finding nothing but something poking at me, assuming it's some sort of prickly branch? I don't know?

I sigh as I go off to find the next horde of bushes, Or Something else This is getting quite monotone to be honest

Spoiler

Word Count: 163

Spoiler

Tried to gather materials, Failed, Roll ID: #210037

I was starting to get a bit bored, I dashed around trying to find some other materials as just looking in bushes was getting too odd and not fun now

I scratched the back of my head in confusion at as to why My RNG Suddenly had taken a drop or my skill at finding it had, I had been finding it left and right and suddenly I had taken a complete halt

I sneer as I try to find something but nothing, I was searching around trees but nothing that was a alchemy ingredient had spawned in there, But I could find nothing the only thing I could find was some beaten up flower that made me sad

The fun I had been having moments ago was kind of disappearing in Milliseconds, When will I level up? Or fight something?

I sigh as I realise I wasn't going to find anything spawning around this part, I would need to go somewhere else

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tried to gather materials, Failed, Roll ID: #210043

I Grin as I Jump from tree to tree, This was fun..Jumping around from tree to tree, It seems like it's very hard and it is but Hard stuff isn't usually fun but this is, I Fell a couple of times but eh?! Who cares?! This is very fun, I Wouldn't want to miss a second of it

I Wasn't seeing any mats, I Wouldn't either way regardless if there was any or not. It would be oblivious of me to think there were none here anymore, I Drop down and start looking scouting the spread out bushes, Near the trees and the tree trunk but none were in sight as of now, I SIgh as I Realise there might not be any around here as well, I Yawn as I Climb up another tree okay, Let's get to another place in the forest for more mats

I Jump from tree to tree, Although hard but fun, I Grin before tripping over something and landing flat on the ground, I Pout

"What tripped me?" I Say climbing the tree..Hmm a flower?! I pluck the flower as my count goes up, A Material! Yes! My count now sits as 4, I Just need 1 more!

Spoiler

Wordcount: 204

Spoiler

Gathered Materials, Roll ID: #210045

1 More to go! I Jump around the trees and try to find the last mat, I Grin trying to find the last mat, I'll be at what level after this quick quest? Well not quick but eh? It's worth it because of the quick levels, I Would gain and the ability to fight, Sure I Could pick up my sword and go fight right now, But..It would be a death dance, I grin before jumping down to scour the last material, I Knew I was going to find it here

I Had a gut feeling

I Scour around, Poking my hand around small crevices before touching something intriguing, I Pull the thing out before grinning it was a mat! I Had cleared it! I Now had 5 materials, Now I Was done with collect materials now I Just need to go there and tell the NPC About it, I Pick up my sword as I Head out ready to deliver the materials

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gathered Materials, Roll ID: #210046

I Return to the store, As a bell rings as I Enter, Hm cool! I Grin as I Approach the counter where Zackriah stood, I Grin as I Wave, Opening and sliding around my inventory menus, I Send a request for him to accept the 5 materials I Had gathered, He promptly accepts it

"Brilliant!" He says, Before combusting the items and placing them onto the table

"Now, Make a potion!" He says, Bringing out some materials

I take myself back surprised, I should craft this...? Potion? I Grin before placing my hands on the table ready to go to work, This was a challenge and i was up for it, I Weave my hand around intensely focusing my soul onto making the potion, I Grin as the potion starts to take shape originally starting as the shape of the potion in blue colour before the detailed outlets came in, I Smile as The potion's colour starts appearing, I Look towards Zackiarah as he nods

And the potion had been crafted,  Zackariah holds them up, examining my work. "You did a fantastic job," he finally declares, offering you the items. "Now, was there anything else?" 

"I Was actually here to ask if you were the man who had taken a loan from Dorian, He has forgotten who it was...Oh...I Forgot I Wasn't supposed to say that, Anyways are you?" I Say, Chuckling at myself

Zackariah chuckles as well and shakes his head. "Leave it to Dorian to forget something so important. No, I'm afraid it wasn't me that borrowed the col. You might try Lyle, the blacksmith. I've seen him talking with the mayor frequently the past month or so, and he's just up the road. I wish you luck!"

"Thank you!" I Say, Walking out of the store, Grinning while doing so

Spoiler

Roll ID: 210047

Spoiler

Word Count: 303

• 4 weeks later...

I Walk slowly as the Bustle and hustle of Aincrad surrounds me, Mostly by NPCs. I guess but I Can see some players here as well, I Crack my neck as I enter the shop. 

The steady clang of metal on metal greets me as you enter the dimly lit shop. A man stands behind the anvil, rhythmically striking a heavy hammer against his newest project. Like Zackariah, the man sports a long white beard, and is pushing seventy years old. Unlike Zackariah, there is no warmth or gentleness in the NPC's eyes. Instead, Lyle regards you with annoyance, bordering on disgust. "I'm busy," he states tersely.

As you attempt to explain the situation or introduce yourself, he will cut you off with a wave of his leathery hand. "I don't do anything without payment. Go kill a couple of those pesky boarlets for me, and bring back their tusks. They're pretty weak, so even you shouldn't have any trouble.  Do that, then I'll hear you out." 

I Remain standing for a moment, Again? This could not be any more Ironic to say the least. I Crack my neck as I Head to the Plains

Spoiler

Wordcount: 195

Edited by Sharpy
Added Wordcount

I Grin as I Walk out of the store, I Was going to collect my rewards and stuff and level up soon enough. Now, I want to try out what the mobs actually are. How they fight and If I Am actually strong enough to venture off into the world of Aincrad now? Or Have even the mobs gatekeeped players who hadn't had courage to start the actual game until now, I Chuckle as I Scratch my head and walk into the plains

A Boar had spawned, I Inhale deeply as I unsheath my sword before I Dash towards the boar, I Squint my eyes

[ST-1]

I Grin as I Dash towards the boar, With a smile on my face as I Close the distance with boar as I Expect a quick finish to the fight with me slashing through the boar and dealing major damage. But instead I swerve off towards the left of the boar. Seemingly missing it wildly, Well that's Not so...Satisfying, As if the boar chuckled it growled. Before dashing back towards me, Now on the ground, As it dashes towards me. I squint my eyes...Awaiting the impact

That never came.

The boar seemingly adopting my ways as it tumbles back, Not taking any damage. But it was still pretty funny to say the least.

Spoiler

Zack Deswards | LVL: 1 | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 3

Die rolls: 211039, 211038

Edited by Sharpy
Adding die rolls

I squint my eyes as I Approach the boar circling around it as I activate my sword art!

[ST-I]

I Dashed towards the boar, As I Raised my sword towards it. With a great leap as the grass below moves by the wind or the wind of my jump Unknown to me, I jump into mid-air cracking my head, I propel towards the boar as My sword glows a different color. As my sword makes contact with the boar, It flies into the rough and coarse ground of Aincrad Although the grass somewhat protecting it from almost raggdolling down the plains.

But still that would be stopped, Due to it...Disappearing into blue particles, As it was now. I Crack my knuckles As I bend down and start to loot the thing. After my looting process, I eventually press collect

"Rare Weapon (1) Uncommon Consumable (1) Found!" A notification pops up, Woo! That's nice luck right there! Well I am guessing it's nice luck!

I Crack my 

Spoiler

Die Rolls: 

Attack: 211041

Loot: 211042

Rare Weapon (1)
Uncommon Consumable (1)

• 1 month later...

Okay Now onto the actual quest, I walk towards the Boarlet that had spawned.

Spoiler

Stats: 

HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

With every step, My mind pops into how many people this little adorable creature had killed. Surely a lot Right? Or is it just...I shake my head, If this was a actually hard fight I would be totally dead With this kind of attention towards it, Dashing towards the boar. I spin my sword, With all my attention towards the Boarlet. As my sword slices through the weak skin of the boar, My lip curves into a smile As I see it's hp Dropping drastically. Not a hard fight this was going to be? 

The Boarlet as If annoyed by this assault weaves out a gruff huff, Before promptly dishing out a attack. Sending me on the ground, Defenseless. I Jump back into motion. Well okay. Not as hard as I thought it would be, But I can see how people die from this. Horrible accuracy might dish out a death. But next hit, This thing was gonna be defenseless! Smiling, I Reach my sword back\

Spoiler

Wordcount: 180

Rolls: 212388, 212389

Stats:

Boarlet: HP: 1/5 | DMG: 3
Zack Deswards | LVL: 1 | HP: 17/20 | EN: 19/20 | DMG: 3

As I Flip my hair off my face after that attack. I Dash towards the Boar. As my lips curl up into a smile, My toes click onto the ground As I Take my left foot forward. The momentum As I thought what would happen is, The boar would get slashed and utterly destroyed into blue particles. But that didn't happen. The boar simply side stepped my stagnant attack, As it huffs loudly as If it was mocking me. I Squint my eyes As I Spot the Beast taking it's leg and rubbing it on the ground.

My instincts Kicking In as it dashes towards me, I put my hand onto the ground. Propelling myself outward from the Range of attack my mind had seemingly created in the game, The game didn't project it but it seemed as if my eyes had created it. Dashing back, I realized that this was normal human behavior. I chuckle at this before, Cracking my neck getting ready for the next fight

Spoiler

Wordcount: 168

Rolls: 212390, 212391

Clarifications: Roll 212391 is meant to Be the Boarlet's attack. I Apologise Once again

Stats: 

Zack Deswards | LVL: 1 | HP: 17/20 | EN: 18/20 | DMG: 3
Bo
arlet: HP: 1/5 | DMG: 3