[OP-F26] A Night Amongst the Stars [Event]

“Something like that, yeah.” Lessa smiled at the plum-haired woman when she mentioned their previous encounters. “It’s good to see you again, regardless.” At Nari’s trailing question, clearly meant to inquire about their relationship status, Lessa felt Jomei shift at her side. Uncomfortable? Insulted? It’s not worth trying to psychoanalyze him, Lessa silently chided herself. She had spent so much time trying to decipher every movement, every sound, every word (said or unsaid). Lately, she was trying to live by the mantra “if it matters, they’ll say something.” Easier said than done, though.

”... really, really ridiculously good looking in our gala getup?” Lessa supplied, linking her arm through Jomei’s and giving it a playful squeeze. “Absolutely, yes we are.”

Turning her attention to NIGHT, the woman gave her guild-mate a nod and a smile. “Great to see you, too. As for the event, yeah, I’m basically just hoping it goes off without a hitch. I like big, flashy, dress-up affairs, but I don’t need any additional drama. I’m content with a bunch of food, some dancing, and then home at a reasonable hour.”

When Astralin appeared - Lessa recognized her from Baldur’s tournament - Lessa couldn’t help but grin. “Aw, thank you. You look fantastic, too. Purple really suits you.”

Surrounded by friends and acquaintances, the newcomer caught Lessa by surprise. Still, she smiled and held out a hand to shake. “Really nice to meet you, Jevi. I’m Lessa.”

Finally, she was able to shift her gaze back to Jomei. “I’m ready to get this party started whenever you are,” she informed him.

@Jomei @Nari-Lanreth @NIGHT @Astralin @Jevi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would seem that the hunter would get his answers sooner rather than later, as the young masked woman would be grinning from ear to ear as they seemed to partake in the Hor Dourves.  Every so often the maiden would make heavy glances towards someone within the crowd.   Without search, Hirru would have a hard time looking into who the woman was looking towards.  Though, as the glances would get longer, the hunter could distinguish a specific group of players.  There were quite a few different people in there, but what really got the hunter.. was that over 90% of that group were people that Hirru knew.  He could not help to see the prominent hair of Jomei and Nari.  The blondes of the group he barely knew one of, but the one with the red headed boy was maybe Lessa.  He couldn't tell from this distance.

The others were kind of off.  One was slightly off, or at least that's what the hunter could tell.  The two were heavily different, as one was in a rather elegant dress, while the other was in suit.  The issue was, Hirru was pretty sure he could see who the one with the suit was.  He shook it off for one, as he didn't think they would go in that.

The second one though..  In her violet form-fitting dress of some design, he was never good at nomenclature.  Though, there was something about this one.  He thought that he knew who this was, as they seemed to be dragged around by the simply dressed Nari.  Hirru would give a slight chuckle at her antics before scrunching his eyes to see better without the use of search.  The hair seemed heavily familiar, but that couldn't be.  The last time they were seen in a crowd, the hunter had to drown an entire kitchen to get her not to leave.  Hirru then had to reel himself back on that, as he did that himself.  He didn't need to throw more liquids in the mix.  There would be no mistake.  That was probably Jevi.

As Hirru was pondering the thoughts before him, the lady that he was investigating would be on the move without him noticing until they were partially in the crowd.  He cursed himself to think that he might lose her, but then again, he might not.  She was looking at the players in that group.  Any one of them could be the interest of this little 'princess', and it was making the hunter that much more anxious.  Her connection was one of the players, if anything.

He would have to find out which one.

The bartender gently slid a drink across the counter. It came to a halt, barely touching Morningstar's palm. The icy glass was refreshing against his skin. With a light grip, he lifted it to his lips and took a sip. As far as Scotch went, it was decent. It reminded him of something his father might have enjoyed, although he wasn't sure if he would experience any aftereffects. The volume of the party began to increase as more and more players filled the ship. He noticed the green hair of a player he'd had the honor of dueling the previous year but didn't say anything. He took another sip of his drink, thoughtlessly glancing around himself. Being alone within the chatter of the party felt shockingly peaceful. Add a couple of friends and it would have been just like old times, he thought.

A familiar voice returned him to the present. Morningstar first noticed Yona's dress. He found it beautiful, almost like a starry sky. While they weren't exactly close, he welcomed the conversation. He adjusted his hair. For once, he'd decided to tame it a bit. He had never been one for neat, put-together hair but at the very least he had brushed it prior to showing up.

"Something like that," he replied.

More accurately, he was there to enjoy a drink or seven and relive a fragment of his old life, but he refrained from admitting to that. His gaze drifted towards the food. It tempted him; however, dinner was so close. Morningstar decided to hold off until then. He waved down the bartender, hoping to get a top-up on his drink in addition to a first drink for Yona.

"I'm assuming you're of age. Although, I don't know what the game's laws around alcohol even are," Morningstar realized, finishing off his Scotch.

He fiddled with one of his rings, a silver ouroboros that wrapped around his index finger. His order was the same as before and the bartender smiled upon hearing it. It was almost as if he appreciated Morningstar's simplicity. The NPC turned his attention to Yona, awaiting a response.

@Yona

Lessa would compliment Astralin in response to the one she gave her, saying that purple really suited Astralin. "Aw, thank you! I feel so lucky to have found a dress like this one!" Astralin added as she smiled excitedly. It was a really pretty purple, decorated with stellar design, and the lower end of the dress giving the impression of a sparkling night sky, to boot! 

The Artisan stiffened up when Astralin looked towards her, and seemed to have trouble looking back at Astralin, averting her gaze. What was it about Astralin that caused her presence to unnerve this woman?

Oddly enough, she'd seen similar, but nowhere near this particular form of nervousness, years ago, back in the real world, when she became curious about her friend, Cancer, getting a major crush on one of the local preps, Cassie. Of course, fate played its terrible game, as the student body of that high school would figure out that Cassie was just a nickname that was passable to the public, that her real first name was Cassiopeia, another constellation name. While a good number of people who knew her accepted her anyway, there were also a number of people who turned against her...that day when Astralin and Cancer helped her out in her time of need, with some assistance from another friend, Aries, the damage was lessened, and those who were gracious to Cassie learned, that they'd been a bit unnecessarily harsh to people like Astralin, Cancer, and Aries...but enough reminiscing of the past.

Astralin tilted her head slightly as she looked to the Artisan, wondering, exactly why Astralin made this player nervous? "Hmm...."

"Curious and curiouser..." Astralin thought. When Nari reached the conversation, her "victim" introduced herself as Jevi, and did so simply, before addressing the Artisan as NIGHT, while noting that it was nice to see her and Jomei again. Jevi then greeted Astralin and Lessa. "Nice to meet you too, Jevi! I'm Astralin." Astralin responded, with a warm smile on her face. Nari then gave her thoughts on having yet to be complimented...in her own, unusual way. "Well, of course you look fabulous-!"

Nari's next actions, such as winking at NIGHT and making a...oh, dear, that remark could be taken in multiple ways. Nari's impression of a model's posture, though odd, wasn't what had Astralin trying not to panic over. "N-Nari?!" Astralin exclaimed, only half-succeeding at keeping an inside voice. "Sorry, that remark was just...kind of uh, suggestive, from what I know... I'm not really sure that a time and place like this is suitable for that kind of talk..."

Astralin was just genuinely concerned, nothing more. Even her expression showed that clearly. Then NIGHT placed a hand on the purple haired player's shoulder, asking if Nari was in an Open Relationship. Astralin was no expert on Polyamory, but wasn't an Open Relationship, from what she'd heard from some people, an awfully casual way of just dating around with wild abandon? She could easily be wrong, as she'd never seen anyone in an Open Relationship in her life. NIGHT also mentioned someone called Onora, as though this person was Nari's current partner.

Astralin simply blinked in utter confusion. Things were off to a rougher start than anticipated, but hopefully that was all gonna change soon.

@Jomei @Lessa @Jevi @Nari-Lanreth @NIGHT

The coat fluttered at the breeze, some would say he looked like a badass protagonist. This is Crozeph, he has no notions of becoming one. He may look sharp but his mind is of a child. As the coat raised at the whim of the breeze, he immediately grabs it and pulls the coat to himself. "Goddamn Constantine jacket" he muttered. People are coming in now steadily into the airship. Everyone looked splendid, as if this event was told to them in advance. 

"I think I'll help myself with a drink" he walked away and began to look around. There is a bar, he just needed to think what drink would make him look like a normal person asking for one "my experience starts and ends with beer but that's something you order in taverns and classmates with nothing to do" he thought. Lots of things to consider and it was only just a drink "my bestfriend drinks vodka but it has those decorations, should I say those too?" and just like that he reverted to thinking of something else to say.

He began walking, every possible answer he could think if because there's no way he's asking for a double chocolate milk drink to a bartender. Every step felt like six seconds apart but all is well once he's in front of the bar, leaned forward and said what he has to say.

"double chocolate milk, in a mug, warm if ever."

Jomei felt his ears run a bit hot, and the skin of his cheeks flush a bit pink. Nari asking about his 'status' with Lessa caught him a bit off guard, as it would for anyone of a bashful nature such as himself. Though, he supposed it shouldn't come as a surprise... should have expected as much since he did ask her to accompany him as his date, platonic or otherwise. Shifting his weight from one foot to another, a closed fist rose to just under his nose, as a means to not only cover his mouth as he cleared his throat - thinking of how to respond - but also to try and hide the blush he wore so .. elegantly. "N-No, we" mouth opened to speak behind his hand, slightly muffling the voice that came out. Before he could clearly finish speaking, however, Lessa had taken the time to answer, in a much more composed manner than he could have done. The slight pressure of the woman's arm hugging his melted away the defensive wall he had quickly built up, and the tension in his body eased instantly. He turned his gaze towards her with a small smirk, "Yeah, what she said." 

Another had joined their group, hopefully the added distraction would keep Nari from pressing the subject. Jomei recognized her as Astralin, who he had also met at Baldur's estate. He offered a polite wave and smile as she approached. After exchanging greetings and pleasantries, she began to comment on their attire for the night. As she complimented Jomei, she tripped over her words which was.. odd, to put it politely. The two had only met in passing maybe two or three times now, never sharing any meaningful conversation. However, he paid no more mind to it, and grinned softly as she apologized for her word vomit. "Its absolutely fine." he dismissed it, "Thank you, that's very kind of you to say. You look nice as well." 

'Another victim' as Nari had referred to them by. Jomei had noticed Jevi when she first entered, not paying too much mind to the group, as she had appeared lost in her own thoughts. She barely set one foot onto the steps before Nari was on her like a hawk, dragging her back to the group against her wishes. Jomei could not help but let out a small, sympathetic chuckle as she almost tripped over her own feet trying to keep pace with Nari. "It's good to see you as well, hope things are well for you." 

Before he had a chance to comment on NIGHT's mention of the possibility of some interesting events or interactions to happen at some point during the night, Nari had stepped into the middle of the group to draw attention to herself and her own dress - which was unlike the woman he had grown to know. Perhaps, he had just never seen her in a formal light like this.. maybe that's where she thrived. But there was something deeper in her call for attention, even going further to make a comment about 'what else there is'. Lucky enough, the questions were aimed towards Astralin and Jevi, rather than himself or Lessa. He recalled there being something between Nari and NIGHT awhile ago, though what had come of it, he wasn't sure. Maybe this had to do with that? 

Saved by the bell, so to speak, Lessa drew his attention to her, and off of whatever Nari was trying to do, claiming they should move to the party proper. "Yeah, lets." he said with a smile, leaning his head in slightly to speak in a hushed tone that only she could hear, "Seems like the two of them may have some things to work out anwyay." Righting himself up straight, he would offer an arm out to Lessa, a slightly overexaggerated, yet gentlemanly gesture, before making his way up the stairs with her towards the main deck. "Looks like we might be taking off soon." Jomei would say as he looked upwards towards the large balloon above them, now looking much more full as it had been inflated. 

Jomei noticed a couple of familiar faces who had slipped past them and made their way onto the main deck - Crozeph, Hirru, Morningstar, and Yona. "Seems like a pretty good turnout so far." 

@Lessa @Nari-Lanreth @NIGHT @Astralin @Jevi

The brunette offered a small, yet genuine smile to the two blonde women as they introduced themselves, shaking the one's hand who had offered it in greeting. Another battle between her old self and new self began within the confides of her mind. The past Jevi wanted to stay quiet, interact as little as possible, and slip away when she had the chance. The new Jevi wanted to just try and make some friends, and not come off as the cold bitch she used to be. "You both look great." she finally added in, after a beat of silence that didn't really need to be there. Before she could offer the same compliment the other three, Nari rose the question herself, asking the group as a whole.. though directing it mostly towards herself. 

"Uh?" she was caught off guard, "I mean, you look great. That color, uh, suits you." Sure, drawing attention to a dress one picked out for a rare formal occasion made some sort of sense, if you desired all eyes being on you at least. But what she was not expecting, however, was the suggestive, flirtatious comment to shortly follow up. "What else there i-" she repeated to herself, before her eyes went a bit wider. What the hell was going on? Was Nari flirting with them in some strange, open way? She pursed her lips as she tried to think of something to say, if there were any way to comment on that. Last time she called out someone drawing unnecessary attention to themselves, she got smacked for it. Rather not relive that. 

"I think I need a drink. Not that it'll do me much good here, but-" Following footsteps of the two who departed from the group shortly before her, Jevi began to make her way up the stairs. "Perhaps we can chat later." she added as a general statement to the three women. As she began to make her way up the stairs, she spotted the familiar green hair of Hirru wearing a rather handsome looking jacket. She slowed her step and met his eyes, offering a small smile and wave before continuing her way back up the stairs to the main deck of the ship.

@Nari-Lanreth @NIGHT @Astralin @Lessa @Hirru

Her pose was broken only at NIGHT's commentary, her reminder of the other player who hadn't yet arrived. The absolute confidence that had been radiating moments ago seemed to fizzle and falter as her arms fell and she took on an almost sheepish look. She shot a glance at NIGHT - no hint of anger or being upset, in fact Nari's expression seemed almost timid, as if worried. "Yeah...you pronounced that right. And...well, I mean...oh, look. They're leaving."

She turned away from NIGHT as Jomei and Lessa made their escape, Jevi seemingly following a step behind. Nari considered giving chase for a moment, before deciding that it was best to let the trio go, at least for now. Instead, she turned back to NIGHT and Astralin, a smile creeping back onto her face as she realised what the blonde had stuttered out in response. 

"Hidden meanings? Me? Never...that would be inconsiderate." She gave a sharp wink to accent her words, before turning her smile back to the party at hand. She still didn't see any sign of Onóra, and for the time being she had nothing else planned. Shrugging, she turned back to the other two, nodding towards the main party at hand. "So...did you two come here with anyone, or were you hoping to meet someone here? Seeing as we've been left behind, figured I'd see if we want to...go find drinks, or something? I think Jomei said we should be taking off soon, if I'm not imagining things?"

Her fingers fiddled with her dress slightly, as she realised that the other two may have actually arrived here with someone else. She didn't let her smile slip though, in an attempt to keep her composure. 

@Astralin | @NIGHT

Geekscape of the Day on Twitter: ""Royal City of Astrya" Artist: Yan Shu  Visit: https://t.co/mRgCJ4rWRq #fantasy #steampunk #skyship #sunset  #airship #city #magic #castle #gsotd2018 See over 1700 fully sourced  images: https://t.co/Eh4X3S6zCc https://t ...

"Chocolate milk?" The woman behind the bar asked, her deep, maroon hair tied into a tight bun on the back of her head. "An.. unusual request, but I can ask the kitchen if we can make that."  Even as a virtual entity, usually amongst others with scripted dialogue and actions, she sounded sincere, almost human in her response to, hopefully, fulfill the player's request for a warm mug of chocolate milk. - @Crozeph

Act 2: Peaceful, Landonian Skies | Sunset

Music continues to play throughout the sky ship, with no visible musicians or source to track it to.
Musical Ambience

Standing just within the lower deck, Captain Daemon watches with their hands clasped behind their back as a dock worker begins to work a rotating lever. The sounds of heavy gears and chains can be heard, as the bridge that the players crossed to board the sky ship slowly begins to retract away from the open doorway to la Duchesse Sincère. Once the bridge reaches about a half way point, leaving about a 2 meter gap between the ship and the walkway, a blue ring appears. Its appearance, very similar to the ones that players use to quickly move between floors. A matching one appears in the corner of the lower deck, to ensure even late comers can enjoy the festivities if they so choose. With a nod of their head, the Captain slides a large door into place of the opening, locking it in place so that it would not open mid flight. They then disappear through one of the locked doors that lead to the front of the vessel to make the final preparations to leave the dock. 

Above the deck, the large whale-like balloon is freed from the chains keeping it secured in place, and the entire skyship seems to shift like a boat first dropped into the water. The propellers on the lower corners of the ship begin to spin, quickly gaining enough speed to assist in the ships propulsion as they take off into the sky. Finally, the ship carefully navigates the tight space, avoiding the docks and scaffolding that surround the ship, and emerges out into the skies above the city. Climbing higher and higher, those aboard la Duchesse Sincère are gifted with a beautiful view of the city, basking in the warm light of the sunset. For those that took place in the Rebellion not too long ago, it is a welcome sight to see the skies once more, but peaceful.

What is even more breathtaking is not the city itself, but the view outside of the city. One that the many stuck in Aincrad have not seen within the past twenty five floors. Land as far as the eye can see; mountains, forests, even what appears to be an ocean of sorts just on the horizon. Keen eyes could possibly spot the bottom of the twenty seventh floor above them, but even that is carefully hidden within the illusion Landonia provides. No, 'edge of Aincrad' in sight. Though they lived in a surreal moment only heard of in a fantasy.. they were also given a chance to just escape from Aincrad, even if just for the night. 

((Note: Any players who wish to join after this point may use the portal on the ship's dock. They will be transported to the lower deck of the ship))

her hand fell back to her side. so much for first impressions, it seemed -- but night gave a curt nod to their leaving acquaintances, before sighing and looking to nari. it wasn't as though she was disappointed with the woman -- rather, she was simply trying very hard not to remember that astralin was present for her own sake.

still, her friend addressed the stranger either way. and night found herself brushing back part of her locks, hesitant, on the idea of following anyone else around the deck. partially because it sounded like jevi wanted to be alone in the stern, and looking for drinks sounded like they would be tailing her in. the other half of the scenario was simply just escaping hell of her own making.

"no thanks," night said with a wave. the casual denial was accompanied by a stolen glance to astralin, whom she did believe would've been present with someone. "i'm not... looking for anyone, either."

the best she got for an exit was a pat on nari's back -- "i'll catch up with you two later, yeah?" -- before she skipped out of there with a turn towards the edge of the boat. because, at least, she did get her friend's hint about takeoff.

night wasn't exactly one for heights. still, it seemed appropriate to have caught the sights just as the ship left its dock, even if she had to white-knuckle the ledge just as they took off. despite having experienced aerial maneuver in combat, it was an entirely different thing, having to be on a beast that maneuvered independently from herself. so night kept to herself, searching for solace in the places she knew aincrad would not allow her to reach -- past the city's mirage, into the horizon, where land met sea met sky.

"Very nice" he uttered, nodding his head. Impressed by the drink, Crozeph grabbed it like a kid who stole a family-size bag of Doritos from the kitchen and hurried back to where he was before. Warm and tall enough to satisfy his craving, he gazed at the clouds, the blue sky, and birds soaring up and down below. Buildings which were supposed to be bigger than them is now at the size of his palm. He reached his hand out, scaling it. He was afraid of heights but that seemed to be less of an issue, thanks to his soon to be wife which he still cannot find or contact.

He chugged a few while looking at the people behind him. They seem to be acquainted or trying to be, depends on the progress of their conversation. It was a nice drink, he even had some on his lips as he lowered the mug. "Good to know that they're all trying to get along"  he thought. 

"Hmm, that's weird. Aren't parties like these supposed to have a band playing music for dances? or maybe I'm too preoccupied to hear them?"

Closing her piercing, golden eyes, Jevi stepped up onto the deck of the ship. before proceeding any further, she needed to stand still for a moment as the ship, now in the open air rather then within the confides of the dock, gently swayed in the wind. To her, walking in heels was difficult enough as is. When other players, or the forces of nature, decided to try and change her path by pushing, pulling, or swinging.. that created a whole new obstacle she needed to be careful of. She wouldn't be shocked if she chucked the shoes over the edge of the ship before the night was done. With a sharp sigh, she began to step towards the back of the ship, where the bar was located.

As she made her way towards the stern, she passed by a player whom she was unfamiliar with, standing by himself with a tall mug of some sort of drink. He seemed lost in his own thoughts, yet speaking out loud regarding the 'apparent' absence of musical accompaniment. Jevi slowed her pace and turned an ear upwards, it may not have been loud, but there definitely were some tunes being provided from somewhere. "Uh, do you not hear it?" Jevi asked the man, lazily pointing upwards, her finger adjacent to her ear. "I don't see any speakers or anything, but there's music coming from somewhere." Her shoulders would rise and fall with a shrug, "Maybe some hidden song crystals, or just background music. This is a video game after all."   @Crozeph

With that simple comment made, the lavender clad woman continued her stride towards the bar, no other players occupying the immediate area. She walked up to one of the bartenders, a tall male, slicked blonde hair and blue eyes, who smiled politely at her arrival. "A whiskey sour." she commented, before her shoulders slumped. Right, alcohol did nothing here.. "More sour.. less whiskey.. I guess." she added with a defeated sigh. 

"Yep," Lessa agreed, "definitely feels like we're taking off. There's no turning back now." The flurry of activity drew her attention - men calling out, chains falling away, the thunk and grind of something mechanical. Though perhaps it clashed with the classy sophistication of the party, she found herself watching the dock workers. Despite the rebellion, and all the heartache and bloodshed that had accompanied it, the NPCs still managed to put on a fancy evening for them. They showed up, did their job, and performed like the well-oiled machines they tinkered with. Nature was healing, as the cool kids would say. Or maybe the tradesmen were simply programmed that way.

Regardless, the woman drifted toward the railing, bracing her forearms on the polished wood. Once, when she was in high school, her parents had found the money to take the family on a cruise. It had been a small three-night affair, but the vacation had lodged itself in her memories. One thing she would never forget was the celebration that came with the ship's departure. Music blared from the pool-side DJ, servers circled the upper decks with trays of bubbly champagne, and a sense of elation pulsed through the cruisers as they waved goodbye to the mainland. The memory closed like a vice around her heart, and she blew out a long, slow breath, willing herself not to fixate on how much she missed her family. So many years had passed, but the pain had a way of striking in her most vulnerable moments.

"Have you ever been on a cruise?" she asked suddenly, putting voice to her thoughts as she turned to Jomei. "Weird question, I know, but that's kind of what this reminds me of. The big send-off, the slowly drifting into adventure while a band plays and the sun sets." Lessa turned back to the open air, enjoying the feel of it on her face as the ship took flight. "Of course, the view wasn't nearly as nice as this one."

With a soft chuckle, Jomei responded, "Guess not." This even was not like some gathering at a large hall or location, it took place on a ship.. one that took to the skies rather than the sea to top it off. There really wasn't any sort of turning back from this. Any nerves he had about this night gathered together, creating a small knot that sunk into his stomach as he felt the vessel lurch forward out of the dock. As the orange rays of the sunsetting in the distance washed over the deck of the ship, warming everything it touched, that lurking anxiety seemed to shrivel up. 

Jomei had seen plenty of sunsets before, both in Aincrad and in the real world. He recalled summer nights in Celbridge, the silhouette of chimneys against the orange skies as he and his friends rushed home after an evening of playing, just missing the view of the sun setting over Yokohama from atop the Cosmo Clock Ferris wheel, and the plenty of virtual, yet still beautiful, sunsets he had the chance to experience here in this world. This one, however, as la Duchess Sincere gradually climbed into the sky, high above the buildings, yet still low enough so the 'ceiling' of the floor still gave the impression of an endless sky, was easily within the top three he's ever seen. Following Lessa to the side of the ship, and fear of heights vanished as the two leaned on the railing, gazing out towards the bright, orange sun as it began its descent out of sight. 

The wind was not as intense as he would have expected, swaying across the face of the ship as a gentle breeze that couldn't do more than cause fabric or hair to gently follow the flow of the gusts. Running a hand along his forehead, he would push the long strands of ginger hair out of his face for a moment with a smile on his face. Lessa's sudden question was definitely out of the ordinary, but after thinking on it for a moment, he could see why it made sense. This event, or party.. to put a more 'human' label on it, felt very reminiscent of a cruise - or at least the idea of one, according to him.

"No, I can't say I have." he responded simply, "I'd always wanted to, but we didn't do many vacations growing up. A few, here and there, when I was very young.. nothing big.  And when my mom and I moved in with her family in Yokohama, they were a bit less frequent. Eventually we were able to get back to small trips, and I'm grateful enough for that." The man smiled, shifting his gaze from the view to Lessa, "Sounds like when this is all over, I'll have to try and take a cruise, at least once." Turning his attention out into the unknown again, he would let out a small sigh. "But for now, I'll enjoy this.. Since its probably the closest thing I'll get for now. With a much better view, and much better company." 

@Lessa

The others had all departed almost as quickly as Nari had managed to pull them all together, eliciting a heavy sigh from the woman as she closed her eyes for a moment. She could feel the ship shift beneath her as it took to the skies, leaving behind the port that they had just been tethered to, and slowly gaining momentum into the skies above the city.

She opened her eyes to find herself still beside the hand-railing, glancing down into the wide open space that seemed to hover between herself and the lands below. She wasn't one to have a fear of heights, yet something about being floating in a ship was unnerving, to say the least. 

"Well, I guess it's just you and I now! Should we...see what this party is all about, then?" She smiled at Astralin, deciding that she was stuck with her now - until the blonde managed to escape her grasp. She had no intention of holding her hostage - at least, not permanently - but she also had no intention of being left alone at a party. "I've no interest in the bar, but...there must be some sort of entertainment here, right?"

Nari looped her around around Astralin's, before giving it a soft pull to try and get the blonde woman moving. She had no destination in mind, content to just wander through the crowds - nodding and saying small greetings to people she'd never seen before, and probably would never see again - happy just to be moving and doing something

@Astralin

Something was definitely off. Surely this woman was friend material, right? If she was well acquainted with these people, but was unnerved by Astralin's presence...there had to be a reason, right? Astralin tilted her head curiously as she looked towards her.

Before Astralin could try to group up everybody with a smile and reassure everyone that they'd all have a great time, everyone started going their separate ways. Jomei and Lessa left with each other, and Jevi escaped the moment she got a chance. Nari would then ask if Astralin or NIGHT had come with anybody, or were hoping to find somebody here, then invited them for drinks, or some other activity that the three might not be aware of yet.

Astralin's expression began to show some mild sorrow. "I...I came alone. Everyone I knew seemed to be busy, and I'm not on Yona's friend list, either. I couldn't even tag along with Vigilon or Krysta, they of course probably had something planned, whether it be on this ship or not." She noted, realizing her situation in full. With the next question though, she brought herself to smile again with a hopeful thought to add. "Well, while it would be nice to be able to have a date, I could settle for making some new friends instead-"

And then came NIGHT's sudden refusal of Nari's offer. There was also a sudden glance towards Astralin when she noted that she wasn't looking for anyone either. Astralin wondered why NIGHT felt the need to specify that she wasn't looking for anyone either. She then said that she'd catch the two later, but Astralin was starting to have doubts.

With that, NIGHT left, leaving Astralin and Nari alone. Nari seemed to be on friendly terms with NIGHT, unlike the last time she'd seen the two at the same event. Astralin then looked to Nari, her expression showing some concern. "Nari, is your friend ok? Is...is she always like this, or is it me? You know her better than I do, I'm sure you know what she's like most of the time, right?"

With Nari considering that it was just her and Astralin now, she wanted to see what this party was all about. She admitted that she had no interest in the bar, but there must be something to do around here... Astralin couldn't agree more, maybe they could check in on NIGHT after giving her a few minutes, assuming she hadn't just escaped from the event entirely or even chose to hide and isolate herself. Astralin, however, didn't know why Nari decided to take her hand. Nevertheless, Astralin hadn't given up hope yet. Besides, with the takeoff leading into sunset, the night had only just begun. "Well, we might as well make the most of this evening while it's still young!" Astralin remarked with a hopeful smile.

What Astralin would find herself doing next, however, she had no clue.

@Nari-Lanreth

Yona gave a soft chuckle. "After all the time that's passed? I'm pretty damn sure I'm of age to drink by now, not that it would matter in this game, it's not like we could drink till we drop or start spilling secrets, or anything else like that." She remarked. The NPC Bartender awaited to hear what Yona would be having. "I'll go for a glass of the finest wine you have available." She told the bartender.

She looked back to Morningstar, a smirk on her face once again. "A refined event calls for refined tastes, I suppose." She claimed, hoping not to reveal her past, let alone the factor that her sweet tooth would take her to the sweeter forms of liquor if she were to drink. Well, now she could, and she was going to make the most of it. While the idea of having some Hor'dourves seemed tempting, sunset was approaching and the skyship was now taking off. Better wait for the good stuff to show up, it probably was going to, at some point soon. There will be much more to come in this event, and the anticipation was welling up within Yona, it had just been too long, and she was finally free to enjoy it her way.

@Morningstar

lounging by the side of the ship didn't exactly seem like much fun to the average attendee. maybe if they were accompanied by a conversationalist, sure -- but the truth was that night was simply waiting for her two acquaintances to leave. she stayed, looking out, occasionally taking glances towards their travels, and when she thought it was clear, she started pulling herself away from the railing. only then did a sigh leave her lips.

she sauntered back, slow, trying to scan the deck for any signs of players familiar. wasn't sure when hirru had managed to show up. noticed crow absent of yuki; poor man appearing like a bachelor despite already being hitched. and she would've mentioned something to either of them -- a greeting, a handshake, "how's life treating you?" as though nothing was out of the ordinary.

but for now, night simply just wanted to eavesdrop and rest.

the player took her seat across her familiar dopple. behind that mask was a smug grin and a mischievous stare, one that night fought to grimace at. her eyes darted to the backs of astralin and nari, before meeting the undercover stranger's, and watched as her associate hide a giggle behind a hand.

calmer and comfortable, night reached out for a small piece of cheese from the platter shared between them. her eyes rested on watching crow for the time being, whilst she nibbled on the treat, absent-minded.

Much better company, huh?

Lessa grinned back at him, even as something fluttered in the pit of her stomach. It was an odd sensation, and one she hadn't felt in quite some time, but she couldn't say it was unpleasant. "Better company, huh?" she finally asked, leaning over to give his shoulder a gentle bump with her own. "You say that now, but you haven't met the cruise staff. Seriously, I had a waiter once who totally threw out the 'six per customer' and brought me as much shrimp cocktails as I wanted. Seriously. Like fifty shrimp." Where perhaps a more modest lady might have been embarrassed by such a fact, Lessa wore it like a badge of honor. "I may have a sharp wit, a great sense of humor, and stunning good looks, but I cannot offer you fifty shrimp."

She turned her back to the setting sun, her cobalt dress a sharp contrast to the vivid pastels painting the sky. "Speaking of," she continued lightly, something mischievous flaring in her lake-blue eyes, "what do you say we go check out what kind of food this place has to offer?"

After a moment's silence, Lessa found herself speaking simply to fill the space between them. She'd nearly forgotten how much she enjoyed talking with the emerald-clad swordsman. "So Yokohama, huh? How'd you like living there? That's a pretty big city, right?" With a sheepish, one-shouldered shrug, she added, "I've never been to Japan, and my knowledge is a bit lacking."

Better company. That phrase left his lips rather naturally. Not that he felt it was untrue, rather the contrary. He had been enjoying the blonde's more frequent company more than others as of late. But these lingering feelings were something he tried, albeit loosely, to keep wrapped up for his own, and Lessa's, sake until it felt more appropriate. The gently nudge at his shoulder shifted his attention and gaze from the dull, orange skies to Lessa next to him, to which he smiled softly. His eyes did not stay upon her for long as he turned once again outwards towards the never ending sky. 

"Oh?" he turned back to her with a laugh, turning his body to rest the small of his back and elbows on the wooden railing of the ship. His laugh turned to a sigh and a shrug as he turned the palms of his extended hands outwards, "Well, I suppose that's a deal breaker then. Your beauty, wit and humor may draw in some.. but will never fill the void in my heart that only fifty shrimp can fill." He let the silence linger for a moment after his theatrical, heartbreaking performance before breaking character with a snort and laugh. "Honestly, I don't even think I can eat fifty shrimp in one sitting... something else to look forward to if I ever get to take that cruise." 

All this talk about food, well shrimp specifically, was making them a bit hungry. Thankfully, Lessa was the one to push them in the direction of the food set up. "Yes please." he would push himself off of the railing and began to walk with the blonde towards the long table, "Hopefully they have shrimp." he added with a chuckle. It was not a long walk across the deck of slowly growing players. A small handful of bodies perused the open chafing dishes and large trays. It was mostly light picking foods, pieces of sushi, deviled eggs, croquettes of some kind, cheese, fruit, meats.. honestly he couldn't keep track. There were, in fact, some shrimp.. but trying to plate fifty of them would probably get them some unhappy looks from the staff and other players. The ginger went about setting up a small assortment onto a plate, when Lessa asked about his home in Japan. He nodded his head as he picked up a small cucumber sandwich and placed it on his plate. "It was a pretty big change from Celbridge and Dublin." he said as he pressed the tip of his thumb to his lips clean the tiny bit of cream cheese that he had gotten on it. "I was really intimidated at first.. only knowing the little bit of the language my mom taught me, having no friends, new school and all that.. But having other family and a few cousins closer to my age helped out. But one you get past the culture shock, its a city just like any other."