[PP-F1] Rain, Rain, Go Away (Shark)

Oske let out a very long sigh, leaning against a bench in Starting City. Pepper had wanted to go clothes shopping, and everything she did was bothering the crap out of Oske. She kept whining and begging for way to expensive things. Oske, deciding it was safe in Starting City, let Pepper wander off on her own. After all, she could track her if she needed it.

Just then, it started to rain.

“Oh, fantastic,†Oske groaned, putting her hand on her head.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on my way to check out how everyone on the first floor was doing, when I decided to try to meet some new people and see if they would like to join my guild.

I saw a lonely female player leaning up against a bench. All of a sudden it started to rain and I heard the girl groan in sadness because of the rain. I decided I should approach her and try to cheer her up.

Hello there. I have a question for you. How much does a polar bear weigh? I asked her as I had a friendly smile on my face so she wouldn't be frightened by me. I was wearing my normal blue attire with no armor or equipment equipped.

Oske looked up, jolting backwards. She then realized it was a player talking to her that meant no harm based on his smile. He asked her a question, and it took Oske a minute to process it. Did he just ask her… a really stupid question? It reminded her of something Pepper would say. She hoped Pepper wasn’t off spending all her Col.

“Uh,†Oske began. She averted her eyes anxiously. “…Um. I don’t know. I lot, probably?â€

She grabbed her cape and pulled it over her head to shelter her from the rain a little, keeping her face visible to look at the player in front of her.

The girl jumped, seemed a bit startled of my approach. She tried to think of an answer to the question but didn't exactly know how to answer. Her face seemed a bit confused on why someone would ask that question here in SAO.

I looked at her as she covered herself from the rain. I then replied to her attempt to answer my crazy question. Enough to break the ice... Hi I'm Shark. I said with a huge grin on my face because I finally got to use that ice breaker.

“A-ah,†Oske said. She slowly understood the joke/icebreaker, and then she giggled a little bit. “I get it,†she said. She probably sounded like a complete idiot. She hoped she didn’t, but she probably did. She assumed that this player, Shark, was trying to be nice. Oske liked nice people for the most part. “Hi, I’m Oske.â€

She looked around nervously. It seemed that no players were really outside. Oske wondered if Pepper was doing okay. She quickly opened her menu and checked her location. She seemed to be okay.

The girl let out a giggle. It was a cute giggle. She then introduced herself. Her name was Oske. Well I'm pleased to meet you Oske. I said as she quickly opened her menu. She seemed worried about something.

Is everything ok? You seem worried. I asked her in a curious tone. I was always one to worry about other people. Sometimes its good but sometimes it ends up backfiring on me. Why don't we head to the cafe and get out of this rain and talk? I offered in a generous voice.

"O-oh, yeah, I was just checking on my daughter..." Oske murmured. She stood up nervously. "Sure, a cafe sounds... nice."

She paused, her cheeks warming up. She wasn't really good at making friends, and when she finally did she usually screwed up and lost them. She was hoping that Shark was attempting to befriend her, as that was what she wanted him to do at the time. The more friends the merrier, as people always said. I think.

Oske said that she was checking on her daughter. Ah... That's nice of you. Is there a special someone then? I said as I started walking towards the closests cafe.

I walked in the cafe and grabbed a table for 2. I opened the menu and then looked at Oske, What would like to eat or drink Oske? It's on me. I said as I thought about what I wanted to order.

“Oh, um, no. No special someone,†she said with a nervous blush. “I adopted Pepper. I’m not old enough to actually have a daughter… I think Pepper came into SAO alone. She hasn’t told me much.â€

Oske paused, considering her options. “I’m going to have…â€

She let out a long sigh.

“Milk, a white roll, a sandwhich, a sugar cookie, a cookie with chocolate chips, and… oh! Oh! I really like those little things that are like, filled with brownie stuff? I think it’s called a chocolate cake pop? That too!†Oske exclaimed. She blushed nervously again. “Sorry. I like to eat a lot here, seeing as I don’t gain weight.â€

I smiled when Oske said she adopted to help a little lost girl. That's very nice of you Oske. I said with a smile as I looked back at the menu.

Oske then told me her order. I guess that makes two of us that eat a lot. I actually would eat like this in the real world and still not gain any weight. I was a very highly ranked swimmer so this is a normal meal for me. I said as I placed the order for both of us. I ordered 2 big sandwiches, a salad, cake, some chips, and a couple sides of fruit, and then everything that Oske wanted.

After the order was taken I looked and talked with Oske while we waited for our food. So tell me a bit of yourself. Either here in SAO or Real World. Your choice. I said with a friendly smile.

As Shark ordered and asked his question, Oske paused and played with her thumbs. “Well, uh, where to start…†Oske paused. “I started gaming around when I was like, ten? I’m kind of crap at this gaming thing, to be honest. But I think I’m doing well in SAO so far, seeing as I haven’t… ahem… died.â€

Oske paused yet again. “I like designing things, which is why I chose to be a blacksmith. Though, sometimes I wonder if I could’ve been something else more fun. Maybe a cook!†she exclaimed. “But I think Pepper is thinking about doing that.â€

As we awaited our food, Oske started to answer my question. That's cool. Gaming a long time huh... I used to play frequently but Real life caught up to me. I was able to buy Sword Art Online and now I am here. She then told me about how she liked to design and that's why she became a blacksmith. That is awesome that you like to design things. I am looking for a new Official Blacksmith for the guild since I the one we used to have is MIA. Would you like to Join my guild and be the official blacksmith for the guild? I asked with a smile on my face, hoping that she would join.

I then heard her talk about what pepper and how she might become a cook. That would be very cool. I just want to lead and help people escape this death game. Back home I am a programmer and trying to make something like this game but people will be able to log out. I said. At that moment the food arrived and I began eating.

Oske chomped down on her cake-pop, eating it whole. When she heard Shark invite her to his guild, she nearly chocked. She coughed a little bit and quickly swigged a gulp of milk. “Me? Really?†Oske said with a blush. She had only recently left her guild do to inactivity, and she never really was part of it. “W-well, I dunno… I mean, Pepper and I were thinking about opening up a Café-Smithy together, but… That would be really cool, to be part of your guild.â€

Oske paused to think for a minute. “What’s your guild, anyway? I never asked.â€

I chuckled at how Oske almost choked with her face beat read, blushing as I asked her to join my guild. I would love for you two to join us. You could still open that shop and it will just be owned by you two but run and sponsored by the guild. I'm sure you have heard of us. The name is Knights of Christ. Story behind it is that I am a christian and that's why it is named that way. I said as I continued to eat my food.

“No way… the Knights of Christ!?†Oske gasped. “Aren’t you one of the most… powerful guilds? I heard something like that from somewhere… Wow! Um, is it okay that I’m not Christian?â€

Oske started working on eating her cookies, making sure to dip them in the virtual milk. It didn't do much to the cookie. She guessed it wasn't programmed into the game. She scrunched up her nose, staring at it as she wondered if that would ever be patched. Did the death game even have a patch? She took a bite.

"Oh, and Pepper wants to be a frontliner. I want to make sure she's well leveled before she does that. Can it be done?" she asked.

Oske seemed excited to be joining the guild. Yeah, we are up their. We are definitely the oldest guild. We got passed up a while back in terms of strength but I haven't seen much action from the others. It is fine if you are not a christian, or religious for that matter. I accept all players who are willing to help lead and save everyone from this death game. I said as I took a few more bites of my food.

She then asked me if we could get Pepper well leveled before we put her on the front lines. We can work some training out for her. I will see to it. I said as I assured her that she will be well taken care of.

I then continued to eat and finished up my food just a few minutes later.

Oske, realizing that Shark had finished his food already, quickly scarfed down what she had left and then felt quite ill afterwards. She swallowed, opening her menu to send Pepper a PM. Almost instantly, Pepper replied that she was still busy with... a surprise. Oske didn't like the sounds of that. She let out a long, nervous sigh. "Looks like I still have some time to kill..." she sighed. She looked up at Shark, pausing.

"Wanna do something kind of fun?" Oske asked. She blushed. "It's... it's stupid, actually. But I think it's fun. Especially how the NPCs react. And... uh, are you busy? I'm sorry if you are. I kinda want to go adventuring, but Pepper's not around so I don't have an adventure buddy right now."

I watched as Oske finished her food and sent Pepper a PM. She then asked me if I wanted to do something. Yeah, I'll do something. I have nothing going on until tomorrow sometime so I have time to kill. What do you want to do? I asked her. I said with a smile and a slight blush on my face.

I opened my menu to check on my guild members to see how they are doing. Ok, no one is in trouble so you have all my focus the rest of the time. I said happily.

Oske brightened up. She jumped out of her seat after they had paid, grabbing Shark’s hand and pulling him outside of the café and into the dreary, rainy streets. “I did this a while ago, in real life, so I don’t know if it’ll be the same. But it’s stupid… and fun! I’m stupid but fun, too!â€

She led Shark down the streets, pulling him toward the center of Starting City. She then let go of his hand as soon as they got to a fountain, and Oske jumped right into the fountain. Her socks thoroughly soaked, she kicked up some water at Shark playfully.

I just payed for our meal and all of a sudden Oske grabbed my hand, pulled me down the streets and said she wanted to do something fun. A lot of stupid things are tons of fun! I can be stupid too so your fine. I said as I smiled while being pulled through the dreary streets.

We finally reached the fountain in the center of the starting city. Oske jumped in and started playing with the water. I got splashed a bit. I opened my menu and unequipped everything except for my shirt and shorts that happened to be blue and white with some black on the sides. I jumped in the fountain and started throwing water at Okse playfully. Good thing I love water. I said as I held my breath and went underwater for a good couple minutes.

While I was underwater and Oske was splashing water around, I swam behind her, jumped up and out of the water, IIIItt'ss Sharky! I yelled as I grabbed her from behind and brought her under with me. I then brought her up out of the water so she didn't freak out. I looked at her with a huge smile as I saw that we were both having a lot of fun.