[PP-F8] Summer's Never Ending Maze! {Shark and Mayonaka!}

Whenever a 1 on the crafting die is rolled, a monster will spawn.

I lazily climbed up on top of the tree that overlooked the horizon of Floor 8. My hands and feet found dents and crevices without much trouble, because I had climbed trees a lot. Once I was about fifteen feet up and on a sturdy branch I looked at the sunset. It was a mix of yellow and orange with hints of pink in between, quite an astonishing sight; it looked so real to me. I looked down just a little to see something very strange, a maze? I squinted at it and saw a series of twists and turns but in the middle was a ginormous tree. This was far away from the town so there would only be one explanation, it was a quest! With a new excitement I nearly fell out of the tree trying to get down there before whatever was rewarded was taken. Unfortunately, I made a not-so-graceful landing and fell flat on my back, smack into the grass.

I was walking around on the 8th floor just checking up on people. I was walking by a pretty big tree and at that moment i heard a "THUMP" I looked in the direction of the noise and I saw a player on the floor. Being my typical self, I walked over to see if they were ok. Hey, are you ok? That looked like it hurt. The player was wearing Red and White colors. I started to think about who it was because I got the feeling that I knew them from somewhere or someone... at that moment, I started wondering how Ryu was doing. Hmm... Weird, why am I thinking that now? I said as I waited a reply from the player.

As I got up from landing straight on my back, my head whipped around to see another player talking to me, concerned about my fall. I gritted my teeth together, annoyed that someone actually saw me tumble from a tree.Y-yeah..I'm okay. My hand brushed the specks of grass off of my red and white uniform with a careless motion. Thankfully, the grass came off right away and drifted to the ground, exploding into pixels as they touched the ground again. I looked behind my at the maze and looked back at the player impatiently. I may have been being rude but I didn't want to miss the chance to see what the heck was in that maze.

The player seemed quite impatient. You seem like you want to go somewhere. Would I suggest you try the maze? It's quite amusing. Would you be happening to be waiting for someone? I asked the player who seemed familiar for some reason but the name wouldn't get to the tip of my tongue.

I looked at her, then the maze, then back at her, Would you want me to accompany you, Miss? I asked the player in a friendly way.

My golden brown eyes locked onto his with a flash of surprise in them. How did he know? Did he see me staring at it? I thought and fiddled with a piece of my deep purple hair and it's long ponytail. In utter shock of seeing another player being so friendly I didn't know what to say. No, I'm not waiting for anyone, and I would be delighted if you were to come with me. I don't really know where to go in there anyways...I admitted to the man, embarrassed for being so timid. Normally I would be less polite and I wouldn't admit to not knowing something openly. I folded my arms over my chest at the thought. May name is Mayonaka by the way.

I felt her stare at me, trying to figure out how I knew she wanted to go in the maze. I saw you staring at the maze. I figured that you wanted to go in. I said as I remembered how I knew her once she told me her name. So your May... I said with a happy look on my face. I am Shark. Ryu is my best friend. I said as I started walking towards the maze and motioned her to follow.

So how are you doing this evening? I said as I showed that I was actually interested.

O-oh. I said, stupid for thinking there was any other way he could have known that I wanted to go into the maze. The next part he spoke, shocked me a little bit. Ryu's best friend? Well Shark, it's nice to meet you. If your a friend of Ryu's then your a friend of mine. I said followed beside him towards the maze. It looked so close from the hill but now I saw it was farther.

I'm doing quite well, how about you Shark? Oh and if I'm not being rude, what has Ryu mentioned about me?

I looked over at May as she asked about what Ryu has told me about her. Well May, he has told me about how nice and friendly you are and he really likes that about you. I haven't seen him much lately so I don't know much except what he has told me which is what I just told you. I said as I turned back around and kept walking towards the maze.

We started to come close to the maze and I looked back at May to see a big smile on her face. You excited to do this? I asked as we came closer to the entrance.

Friendly huh? I grinned at Shark after he told me what Ryu had said about me, good things. It was nice to know that Shark and Ryu were friends too because now I had another friend that I could trust. Yeah..I'm quite curious to know what's on the inside of the maze. I said while the opening to the maze came into sight. From where I was standing, the maze looked huge in size, being short also meant that I wouldn't be able to see over the tops of the walls.

I opened up my HUD to equip my appropriate weapon. The sword I wanted to use during this event was my best, I loved every detail of it. All set, of course I'm ready! I said and started to walk inside the maze. Not really paying attention to weather or not Shark was following me I turned left at the first hedge then walked straight. Most of the time I let my mind wander while on missions and quests, it helped me complete them quicker. Following that I made a right then another left, going in random directions. What the... I muttered when three split paths appeared in front of me.

[OOC- Sword Equipped: Sword of The Unknown Knight +2 DMG except on 9-10, cannot make a crit. Paralyze on 9-10]

I opened my menu and equipped my weapons and armor. We started through the path and came a upon a triple split. I looked over at May, While, I always go straight when these things happen. I don't know why but it always works. I said as I started for the path straight ahead of us. I turned the corner to find another series of split paths. Ok... It's your turn now. I said as I looked over at May.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay! â€‹I said, following cautiously behind shark as we walked through the middle path. Without responding this time I walked ahead and picked left then a right until we reached a dead end.  Why is my luck so cruddy right now?! â€‹I thought as I stared at the hedges that blocked the way. Maybe I cut through them! I charged forward and stuck my blade at the thick leaves. It did nothing. Frustrated I turned right back around and motioned for Shark to lead the way. He was better at choosing the path apparently. 

I smiled as Mayonaka tried to cut through the bushes. I don't think that's going to work in here. I said as she motioned me to lead the way. I went back to where we took the left but instead I went down the right. I walked a little bit further down and the hesitated a bit. I closed my eyes and pictured the overhead view I saw when I met up with May. I examined the map in my head and looked at the route we should take. I opened my eyes and looked both directions, Alright, this way. I said as I took the left then an immediate right. I looked back at Mayonaka to see if she was having any fun.

I followed Shark left and right through the annoyingly tall bushes, were they trying to mock me or something?! He stopped and closed his eyes, causing me to almost bump into him. I didn't know what he was doing but I went along with it and waited patiently. Shake began moving again, taking a sharp right. I smiled when Shark looked back at me and gave a thumbs up. If I may, can you tell me why your in this area? I was in that tree for the view and some sleep if your wondering.