[PP-F3] Joining the Knights (Shark)

Angel walked along the plains of the third floor, twirling his sword, <> as he did so. His mind was blank as he looked around for an adventure of any kind. His body was relaxed even though he was out of the safezone. He walked along the trail, his eyes lazily scanning the horizon. He was about to break off the trail, when a player caught his eye. They were almost 20 yards away from each other, but Angel knew who the player was. He recognized the player as <>, one of the higher ups in SAO. Angel also remembered that Shark was the leader of some important guild. But for some reason, he couldn't remember the name.

Angel casually approached Shark, sheathing his black sword and putting away his shield as he did so. Shark was sitting underneath one of the various trees that littered the landscape. His eyes were closed but it was obvious that he was not asleep. Angel stood about 2 feet away before he spoke up. "Um, pardon me but, you're Shark right?" He asked as he starred down at the player.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on the 3rd floor, working on meditation. I was Training my mind to get to know more of the sounds and feels of the environment. Just a few minutes later, I heard footsteps approaching me. I felt the wind and I got the feeling that the player doesn't intend to do harm. Smart man. I thought to myself.

"Are you Shark?" I heard from the player. I opened my eyes and motioned him to sit down. I am. Who is asking? I asked the player, hoping that he would reveal his identity and intention of talking to me.

Angel followed Shark's motion and took a seat, dropping to a knee first and then sitting with a knee still up. He looked over the famous Shark, and he felt like he was in the presence of the president; not the same level as a king, but not just your average joe. He was tempted to reach out his hand for a handshake but he held off on it. "Name's Angel. I've got a shop on the 2nd floor. You probably haven't heard of me though." he said, knowing every word was true. He didn't like to put out his name for everyone to know. That would more than likely lead to some kind of complication later down the road.

Angel returned his attention to the matter at hand. "I saw you sitting over here and I began to wonder, 'what was the name of the guild he's in charge of?' So I walked over and was just trying to remember, what is your guild?" He asked, trying to keep a sort of eye contact with Shark as he spoke.

I leaned back up against the tree behind me and relaxed. Pleased to meet you Angel. I am sorry to say that I have not heard of you but I will check out your shop sometime. A good friend of mine who is a well known smith will most likely be the official blacksmith of the guild. I said in a friendly tone. He then told me his story on why he came over.

I am the Commander of the Knights of Christ guild. We focus on helping and leading others to get out of this death game. I said as I looked over at Angel. Are you interested in joining us? I asked as I sat upright as the thought of more people joining the guild excited me.

Angel was about to respond when he heard a faint noise in the distance; it sounded like screaming and yelling. He paused, turning his neck and looking around with a confused expression. "Do you hear that?" He asked, not sure if his mind was running away with him again or if what he was hearing was real. Even with the distance, Angel recognized panic when he heard it. He heard the vibrations of some kind of explosive coming from the same direction. Angel slowly stood up and turned to his left, the direction of the noise. "Sounds, like an attack." He said with a concerned face. He had been part of raids, but this didn't sound like a usual raid. There were feminine screams and faint child-like voices as well. Whatever was happening, it didn't feel right to Angel. He looked down at Shark. "You wanna check this out with me? Or should you go back to your meditation, nap, thing?" Whatever the answer, Angel was leaving to check out the noise.

Moments after I leaned back against the tree, Noises were heard from behind me. Angel asked if I wanted to check it out with him. Well this may be a good chance for me to evaluate him for the guild. Guess I better go. I said to myself as I rose to my feet. Alright, I want to see what you can do in terms of leading and helping others, so I will go with you. Lead the way. I said to him as we started making our way towards where we heard the noises.

Angel nodded and after activating his <> Skill, took off in the direction of the noise. Even though he was quite large, he moved with great speed and agility. They entered a patch of woodland and continued towards the noise. After running for about a minute or so, they came across the source. It was a raid, but this one was clearly wrong. The area that they had stumbled upon was under attack by a massive monster, much larger than most of the monsters on the floor. It was a half-man, half-bull beast known as a <>. This one was rampaging through a patch of bare forest which had apparently been commandeered by a group of lower leveled players and turned into a base camp.

The Base Camp was actually nicely designed. Surrounding the perimeter, was a cluster of about 6 watchtowers made of trees with some wood nailed to them and ropes to connect everything. Inside the cluster, was a group of tents that ranged in size. If he had to guess, it appeared to be some kind of raid made up of lower leveled players. Perhaps they were trying to explore the Forest of Wavering Mists. Or maybe they were just a guild going on a special mission. Whatever the case was, they clearly needed help.

The beast raged through the camp, swinging around a massive battle ax and stomping at the players running around. Angel clenched his fists as he watched the monster tear into the area. With one swipe of it's ax, it cleaved a makeshift watchtower in two. The tree cracked off and fell to the ground, almost crushing a small girl. Angel quickly drew his sword, the blade hissing as it came into open air. Then he equipped his trusty shield and began to charge headfirst into the fray.

He didn't bother to make a plan because stopping to come up with a plan would take up to much time. The more time they wasted, the more lives would be lost. As he neared the beast, he planted his foot on the ground and launched himself into the air and onto one of the intact towers, using his speed and his <> skill to help him out. He rushed at the beast, his blade scrapping against the wood as a fire burned in his eyes. "Hellfire Swipe!" He shouted and his blade flashed red. Then he leaped upward and stabbed at the Minotaur...

[Dice]

.... But the Minotaur was aware of the player's presence sooner than realized. As Angel jumped forward, the monster turned and sent a stunning punch into Angel's stomach. The player flew back, crashing into the tower that he had jumped off of and bouncing off, leaving a good sized dent in the tree. He slowly stood up, shaking off the hit and getting back to the fight rather quickly.

Angel: 27/29 (-1 Damage received due to Armor Skill)

Minotaur: 45/45 HP

I ran right behind Angel until we reached the source. A > came up on a player base. I turned to Angel, Alright, show me what you can do. Use your options. I am gonna watch from here and jump in if needed. It's not that strong so it shouldn't be an issue for ya. I said as I walked the premises to see what and who was available.

Hopefully he learns how to rally the players that are already here and make things easier. I said to myself as I rounded the back of the base, opposite from the monster. Alright Angel, show me what you got. I said to myself with little to no breath.

[MONSTER POST]

The Minotaur growled as he struck down the player who had dared to attack him. He looked around at the panicking players around him and then back at the single player. He shrugged, then proceeded to walk towards the player. The ground shook under his weight, his ax resting on his shoulder. Then he stood over the player, contemplating whether or not to use his ax, or to simply stomp out the player. Then he shrugged and raised his battleaxe. He put all the weight forward and let gravity do the rest....

[Dice]

.... He smiled as the head of the ax cut into the player's shoulder, causing him to cry out in pain. But strangely enough, the player didn't fall. In fact, he seemed to be even more angry because of the attack. But what was even more strange, was that the Minotaur felt a sort of sharp pain in it's hand when it struck the player. As the Minotaur retracted his weapon, they met each others eyes and they knew that the fight was only beginning.

2 Damage dealt

Angel: 26/29 (-1 Damage received due to Armor Rank)

Minotaur: 44/45 HP (+1 Thorn Damage)

Angel felt the full weight of the ax come down on his shoulder and he felt the pain as well. It burned as the weapon attempted to cleave him in half. But he stood tall, his eyes started to get their fire back. "I ain't dying here." He said with a gruff voice as he met the Minotaur's eyes. Then, he rushed forward. He dragged his blade along the dirt ground, kicking up dust as he did so. Then, he jumped up and once again attempted a stab at the beast....

[Dice]

....Angel smiled as his blade sank into the monster's chest, the cold metal seeming to hiss with glee as it did so. The Minotaur roared in anger as it started to back up in an attempt to get away from the pain in it's chest. Angel then dislodged his weapon and slid down to the ground, raising his shield over his head in case of a counter attack of some sort.

5 Damage dealt

3 Damage received

Angel: 26/29

Minotaur: 39/45 HP

I saw Angel working hard with trying to take care of the beast. Alright Angel, Keep it up. Remember to use your options. Search the environment for anything that can be used. I said as I looked over at the players that were just watching. Get the players to help, it will go by so much faster. I said to myself as I continued to watch the battle.

I opened my menu and equipped my armor and weapons so I was ready when the time came. I then looked back towards Angle as he ferociously dealt with the beast.

[MONSTER POST]

The maggot had dared to attack him. The player had stabbed him with his sword and caused a bit of damage, but that was still to much. The Minotaur glared down at the player who had attacked him and raised his foot in an attempt to stomp him into oblivion.....

[Dice]

But instead of crushing the player, the Minotaur's foot was stopped in mid-air. He felt a strange pressure on the bottom of his hoof, like something was resisting it. It couldn't have been the player; he was so small and the Minotaur was so big by comparison. No one could stop him, right?

Minotaur: 39/45 HP

Angel grit his teeth as he used his shield to stop the Minotaur's massive foot from driving him into the dirt. "Damn, this guy is heavy." He grunted as he used his other hand to grip his blade tightly. "Please, get off of me!" He shouted as he stabbed his blade upward and into the Minotaur's foot....

[Dice]

Angel smiled as he heard the Minotaur double over in pain from being stabbed in such a weak area. Angel even twisted the blade just to make the beast remember that he wouldn't be defeated so easily. When the monster fell backwards, it crashed into a pile of busted tents and laid there for a moment, shouting what Angel assumed to be curse words in it's language. With this moment to breath, Angel looked around. Gathering around the fight, was the remaining group of players. They were all low level, the highest being 6 and the lowest as 1. Angel continued to scan the crowd, his breathing a little heavy from the attacks. "Hey there," He said with a grin. The crowd looked among itself to figure out why he was so calm in the face of this massive threat presented before them. Angel simply continued his smile. "Anyone wanna help me out with this thing or should I just keep going?" He asked, wondering if he could get a little support.

Damage: 1 + 2(Rank) + 2(Sword) + 2(Super Critical) = 7 Total

Minotaur: 32/45 HP (-7 HP)

I smiled when I heard the player's get asked to help out Angel. There you go. That's thinking. Be a leader! I yelled as I encouraged Angel to give it his all as well as get the other players to help out. I had good faith that Angel would do well with the fight.

The players ran up and awaited instructions from Angel. What do you want us to do Mr.? They said as they stood around the beast.

Player 1: 15/15

player 2: 12/12

player 3: 12/12

[Monster Post]

This was going too far. The mongrel had struck his foot, causing a good amount of health the be missing. The Minotaur slowly rose, his grip tightening on his ax as he approached the group of players. His eyes were glued to the leader, the one who had dared to attack him. He roared in anger as he brought his ax up and swung down once again....

[Dice]

The ax cracked as it cleaved almost all the way through the player's abdomen. But because of the game's mechanics, he wouldn't be cut in two because not enough damage was caused to instantly kill the player. The player once again cried out in pain, but like before, he didn't seem to lose heart from the attack. The Minotaur retrieved his weapon and glared at the player, wondering why he hda yet to back down.

Angel: 25/29 (-1 Damage due to Armor Rank)

Minotaur: 31/45 HP (+1 Thorn Damage)

Angel turned and glared at the monster, getting really tired of that damned ax. Angel quickly looked back at the player's who had gathered. "Keep heart men, we can win this fight but I need your help. All you can do for me is avoid getting hit and deal as much damage as you can. Use your size and speed against him. Now," He raised his sword in the air. "For Aincrad!" He shouted as he rushed the Minotaur. He held his shield close but arched his blade so that it was pointed at the ground. Then as he approached the monster, he planted his foot and shot straight up. "Skyward Slash!" He shouted and his blade began to glow a bright white light. While in mid-air he spun himself, dragging the blade behind him.....

[Dice]

...He felt the weight of the blade as it sliced up the Minotaur's stomach. A trail of red followed the blade, simulating blood. As he neared the top of the monster, he used the monster's face as a springboard and bounced off, landing in one of the watchtowers. He smiled as he turned to face the monster, waiting for the players to, hopefully, follow his guidance.

Damage: 1 + 2(Rank) + 2(Sword) = 5 Total

Angel: 25/29

Minotaur: 26/45 HP (-5 Damage)

I watched as Angel started to take charge and use what was available to him. Now that's what I'm talking about! I said as I continued to encourage everyone that is now fighting.

The first player ran towards the monster and turned his sword to a reddish color. This is for my friends! He shouted as he went to strike the beast. The monster saw his attack coming so it swatted the player away, back towards his friends.

Player 1: 15/15

Player 2: 12/12

Player 3: 12/12

Just then, the second player that was ready was mad that the monster did that to their leader so he bolted forwards at the beast. This is for our leader! He screamed as he turned his sword a blueish color. He jumped into the air, aiming for the head of the beast.

The beast was busy worrying about Angel so he didn't see the attack coming. The player stabbed the beast in the head and it let out a shriek.

Player 1: 15/15 (all have +2 Damage swords)

Player 2: 12/12 (Damage: 1 + 2 (sword) +2 Crit)

Player 3: 12/12

>: 21/45

[MONSTER POST]

The Minotaur roared in anger as the other players started to join into the fight. As he smacked one away, another was there to replace him. The Minotaur bellowed in rage as it began to lose it's temper. It focused it's attention back on the player who had attacked him first, the one who started it all. In a fit of ungodly rage, the Minotaur rips it's ax through the air, cutting the air itself.....

[Rolling Dice: 2 MISS]

....While the raw anger coursed through it's veins, the attack fell short and struck the tree. But like the player, the tree didn't fall. It remained standing and even held the ax in place. As the Minotaur tried to rip his weapon out of the tree, it didn't realize that the player was rushing towards him.

Angel: 25/29

Minotaur: 21/45 HP

Angel saw the ax swing at the tree and he took cover as the massive weapon crashed into the tower of wood. But once the attack was made, he realized that the Minotaur was weaponless for the moment. He smiled and took the opportunity. He jumped over the railing and landed on the ax handle that was sticking out of the tree. Holding his blade forward, he charged at the Minotaur, yelling out a battle cry. When he was close enough he activated a sword skill. "Hellfire Swipe!" he shouted and the blade flashed red. Then he swung the blade....

[Dice]

...But before he could attack, the Minotaur dislodged his weapon from the tree base. The sudden change caused Angel to lose his balance and fall over the side. It wasn't too bad of a fall but it was enough to shake his head a little. He slowly stood up, his mind a little fuzzy.