[Shop- F9] Phoenix Fire Tailoring

In the heart of the volcanic city, Alkor decorated his shop with rustic and oriental tapestries, not of any real value but beautiful and well sewn. The walls were otherwise plain, reinforced steel and stone that kept out the heat. It was a hole in the wall, to say the least- Alkor figured he wouldn't get much business tailoring on the ninth floor, and that suited him fine.

His main focus would be on his craft, here in this place.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He walked into his shop and appraised it with a thoughtful glance. Huh, he thought to himself, this is my shop. Mine. It made him smile a bit, which he hadn't expected. The idea of making his own armor and selling it made him feel invigorated, and he felt even better that he might be able to help other players with their armor needs.

Sitting himself down in the corner, Alkor took out his tools and began to stitch idly, practicing his craft. He remembered the lessons that Say a had transferred to him after he had completed his quest, and he closed his eyes to center himself. The more he practiced, the better he would get. It was like a mantra. He told himself it would get easier.

Eventually, he hoped, it would.

"Maybe I should open up for business, just to get some Col," he thought aloud, though he knew he was still a fledgling in the profession. Still, with enough time and materials, even he could make something good. Maybe something great. His hands moved deftly over the thread and his eyes traced the pattern, becoming more familiar with it.

He placed the <> in his lap and began to stitch as masterfully as he could manage. The pattern flickered perfectly in his mind. He stared hard into the item as the system coursed through him and into it, his will manifesting itself in the needle. Alkor watched the Pelt slowly turn from a material into something more.

He applied the dark dyes, then added the buttons and trimmed the length to fit his specifications.

Materials used: 1

Exp gained: 3

Tailoring level 1

Exp: 3/15

Lionheart Cloak

Perfect

-2 Enemy Battle Dice

+1 Damage Mitigation

<>

"Hmmm..." the pattern in his head still wasn't quite right. He knew what he wanted, but not how to put it to the cloth. His brow furrowed and a bead of sweat dripped down his face. It didn't help that he was on the volcanic floor, and it sounded like they were getting a small updraft from the crater below. He wiped the moisture away and let out a ragged breath. "I'm still not ready... but almost."

This time, I'm gonna try something bigger, he told himself, and he got his material ready. The second of his materials went onto the table, and he began to stitch away at it. He toiled as best he could, finally crafting a decent, normal item.

"Well, this is the only way I'll get better," he stated in a dry voice, then shrugged as he placed the belt off to the side as an example of his work.

Materials used: 1

Exp gained: 1

Tailoring level 1

Exp:4/15

Another day had come and gone in Aincrad, and Alkor was still wide awake and at his stitching. He only had a few materials left from Saya's kindness, so he was conserving them the best he could. More and more, he strained to think of new concepts and it's that would both perfect his craft and protect him on the battlefield.

From his shop in the recesses of the ninth floor, Alkor often heard musings of news from the front lines. It was probably why he'd chosen this place to set up shop, but more, he preferred fire to grass, mountains, or ice. Fire kept people warm, and it helped to generate life.

He looked down at the pattern again, scrunching up his face. If it were there, he wagered, his masterpiece was still just beyond his reach. Alkor wanted to be sure he got it right.

"Hmm." His thoughts gave way to sound as he stopped to appraise his work. Every day, he got a little better. Every time he made something, he put a bit more of himself into it. The pieces he crafted were generally not incredible, but a lot of heart went into them. Somehow, he hoped that would make them better.

"How about this," he said aloud as he scribbled nonsensical plans on paper. What he wanted was a pair of gloves, though they were little more than an abstract concept at this point. They were, in his mind, mirror to something from legend. He continued to Draft long into the night, preparing for a long day of work ahead.

Another day of work gone by, and Alkor sat with his head in both hands. Between boss battles and attempting to master a craft, life inside SAO was a challenge he had never expected. Sweat drenched his brow and blood welled up on his fingers where he had pricked himself time and again. Several deep breaths later, he got up and went to the sink, then washed away his stress.

It was time for starting anew.

• 3 weeks later...

For several hours, Alkor stitched at a pattern until he was satisfied with the outcome. While it was far from perfect, the quality was still moderately good, and he could easily sell it for a handful of Col. If nothing else, it was a stepping stone toward something better.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 17 on the d20 (loot) dice.

2 Exp gained. 1 material lost.

Generic Traveler's Boots (Uncommon Quality)

Tailoring level 1

Exp:6/20

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice. [Rare]

Rolled a 17 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Alkor slipped his needle through the fabric effortlessly and pulled together the two pieces of fabric in a perfect reflection of the pattern in his mind. While it wasn't the absolute best in quality, it was far from lacking.

The scarf was an accessory, perfect for wintery weather like Lessa seemed to prefer on the fourth floor. The last time they had gone out, she had expressed how cold it was, and so, he thought this might abate some of that chill for her.

Starlight Scarf

Quality: Rare

Shop: Phoenix Fire Tailoring

Effect: None. It's just very beautiful.

Description: A silvery white scarf that appears to glimmer with starlight captured and woven into the patterns from the night sky. It is especially beautiful at night.

Editing experience to reflect crafts:

8 for perfect

5 for rare

3 for uncommon

2 for good

1 for failure

8+5+3+1= 17

Level 1 Tailor

17/20 Exp

After a day of grinding, Alkor slipped back into his shop and resumed work on his crafts. After a few minutes of toiling, he sat back and smiled at the success that his efforts had reaped.

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice. [Rare]

Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

1 material lost. Uncommon item crafted. (3 Exp gain)

Tailoring level up!

Tailor level 2

0/40 Exp

I wiped my forehead from the overwhelming heat of floor nine and opened the door to a shop. Inside I saw that the wall were decorated with tapestries that were well sewn, they were beautiful. Did he make those? I thought and made my way over to a player who seemed busy. Hello, I was wondering if you have anything suitable for the winter. It may be a weird request..since your on the hottest floor but do you have anything by chance? My eyes moved around the shop but diverted back to the other player as I waited for a reply. 

When he glanced up from his work, Alkor saw the face of a familiar female player, and he tilted his head in consideration. When she asked about clothes suitable to be worn in winter, he rose slowly from his seat and pulled back his hood.

"I think I can fix you up with something," Alkor responded, golden eyes flicking from one article to the next on the counter in front of him. What he had was mostly patterns- nothing readily made, per se- but he could conjure up something in a flash.

"What did you have in mind?" He asked in a friendly voice, gesturing with a sweep of his arm over the various selections of clothing types and item assortments- from armor to plainclothes, all the way to accessories, with just a bit of time and effort on his part, Alkor would be able to sew just about anything to woman wanted. "And do you have a specific set of parameters in mind for the final item?"

He watched her intently with thoughts of the fourth floor in his mind. If she were buying clothes for that sort of weather, she would probably be headed there. He didn't ask outright, however, not wishing to pry into her personal business.

While he waited for a response, Alkor picked up his needle and thread and began to work on a pair of gloves he'd been intending to finish for some time. Though he hadn't put any real work into them before now, he just felt a stroke of genius.

"If I do this," he said absently, stitching a pattern carefully, his needle moving with extreme elegance through the fabric. After a few minutes, he held up the fruits of his labor triumphantly. "Perfect," he said. "They're perfect."

And they were.

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice. [Perfect]

Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Genji's Gloves

Quality: Perfect

Item type: Gauntlet/Glove

Made: Phoenix Fire Tailoring

Description: Black leather gloves with a golden pattern stitched into the lining. They appear regal, based on the gloves once worn by a legendary hero.

Effect: +2 Accuracy, Bleed 1 (8-10)

Tailoring level 2

8/40 Exp

(+8 exp for perfect)

My eyes glimmered as I recognized the player sitting upon the stool, it was none other than Alkor. That would be just amazing if you could make me something, I have pelt and some col I can pay you, it's your choice though. I'm looking to get a coat since my starter jacket isn't necessarily working for me anymore. I would prefer the colors to be red and white so I could wear this anytime around the guild. And if possible can you make it have some sort of ability? I don't know exactly but you can choose! I exclaimed, I was really excited to have found a good shop that fit my needs so perfectly. Other shops I have been to either didn't have the materials or had way too many orders to accept mine. 

As I spoke, Alkor started to make something, this interested me a lot of course. Seeing how he crafted his items would be awesome! I watched his needle go through the thread, beautifully creating a pain of gloves. I agree...How much for this along with my order? I asked, picking up a scarf. 

"Hrm," Alkor scratched his chin as she put in her request, something red and white, and the scar... The scarf? Alkor blinked and looked absently over at it, having completely forgotten that he'd left it on the table. "Oh, that scarf?" There was no other one like it, and though he could have made another, he'd intended to give it as a gift.

Alkor chewed on his lip. "Um," he was visibly torn about the decision, but in the end, he decided he could just make another. "It doesn't have any abilities, but if you still want it, I'll sell it for 50 Col..."

He knew that he would be able to craft something decent for her in a few hours of work. "Are you looking more for defense, or for quickness," he asked thoughtfully, spinning his needle between thumb and forefinger. Her answer would dictate whether he used heavy leather, or lighter cloth.

I clasped my hands together with a smile, grateful that he could fulfill my order. Thank you Alkor, and yes I still want it. The scarf would be perfect for going places, plus it was very pretty. Definitely quickness, I have no desire for anything defensive. I want the cloth to be lighter but still able to keep me warm, if possible of course. So what would the cost of the entire order be? I anxiously asked him, excited to finally get good service.