[Shop- F9] Phoenix Fire Tailoring

"I can craft you a fairly good quality item for 150 Col, provided you can handle getting me the materials," Alkor told Mayonaka with a smile. "I haven't been able to hunt for too many, so I'll only be able to use what you can supply. That's also why I'm willing to charge so little for the work."

Alkor scratched at his head. "It wouldn't be right to charge you a whole lot when you're just coming to me for labor."

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking over at Life, Alkor nodded. "Looks like business is picking up," he joked. "Yeah, I'll put it in the queue. Yeesh. Two high quality orders in a row, huh? I must be pretty well known."

Alkor put up a hand. "I'll charge for the labor, just like I was telling May," he said, "but I'll need mats. If you can handle that, and a short wait, I'll have your Nightmare Cloak made in a jif."

L nodded "I have the perfect material. I obtained it while at that place.." He had another one of those visions, mostly caused by 'that place' he shook his head again as he tried to refocus "Please just take it from me, i think i've got enough to make a trench coat.. don't worry about the money I've got enough Col to cover it, just name your price" he handed him a box of black material called 'the stuff of nightmares' it was so black that you wouldn't be able to notice a figure if he stood still in the dark wearing it. It was almost like it sucked the life out of everything into the box. "Oh, and thank you Alkor.." 

The first material he took for May's coat was small and colorful, but Alkor was uncertain of how it would go over. He stitched through it deftly, but the moment his needle cleared the opposite side, the fragile item shattered into data.

With a soft curse, Alkor grabbed a more substantial looking material- cloth, from the look of it- and began to work out the wrinkles in the fabric. He stretched it out and tested the elasticity, then smiled. "This'll work fine," he remarked.

In a few moments, his fingers were flying meticulously over the article, shaping it, giving it a true form. The fabric began to glow with a soft light, then he stretched it, mended small tears that formed in its shape, and finally, he began to dip it expertly in the red dye- though, he kept specific areas of the garment austere and white.

Removing the newly fashioned coat from the dyes and turning his gaze to Mayonaka, Alkor grinned. "Give me a few seconds more to put on the finishing touches." He rolled out the garment and began to stitch in elegant red and white trim, and then held it out to her, tearing off the fringes.

"Here you are," Alkor told her, "Oathkeeper's Overcoat."

ID: 455, 456, Craft: 3, 12 (Failure, Perfect) 2 Materials lost

Tailoring level 2

Exp: 17/40

Item Name: Oathkeeper's Overcoat

Quality: Perfect

Shop: Phoenix Fire Tailoring

Abilities: +2 Evasion, +1 Damage Mitigation

Description: a light, loose fitting coat emblazoned with red and white accents. It carries a mild air of authority and elegance.

After two attempts to create an item worthy of Life's request, All or closed his eyes and took the crafting material that his young friend had given him in hand. "This will have to be it," he said, gritting his teeth, "there are no second chances."

Slowly opening one eye, he threaded his needle perfectly through the material, and it began to writhe as though it had never been meant to be manipulated. Sensing the strange life within the item, Alkor opened both eyes, and he centered his concentration on the work ahead of him.

Moving his hands expertly, guiding the craft toward completion, Alkor shaped the coat and it began to mold perfectly to the design in his mind. "This will be the last of three," he announced, more to himself than anyone else, "two demons of speed, and a princess," he laughed. "Three is a good stopping point."

Mayonaka and Life now held two of the best cloaks in Aincrad, based on the one Alkor had once made for himself, and still wore now. "Here," he told Life, handing him the coat, "this is what you came for."

[iD: 675,676,677, Craft Dice: 5,7,12 (Fail, Good, Perfect) lose 2 Materials (1 salvaged)]

Tailoring level 2

Exp:29/40

Item: Coat of Nightmares

Item type: Coat, Leather Armor

Quality: Perfect

Description: Black as the abyss, it appears to almost duck the light from around it like a black hole in bright areas. This coat gives its wearer an imposing presence.

Effects: +2 Evasion, +1 Damage Mitigation

I nodded my head at the player that walked in, inquiring about a coat and waited until I could squeeze in a few words to Alkor. I think I can manage to get some materials for you Alkor! 150 is a little bit low for me so I will be sure to pay you extra, no declines either! Right now I have one pelt which probably won't be enough so I'll be back later to give you the materials and col. See ya later Alkor! I shouted, not leaving him any time to properly say goodbye to me.

L smiled when he saw the coat "It's perfect!" He smiled for the first time in months, he put it on as soon as it dropped into his inventory and it flapped out covering most of his body engulfing it in darkness. "I've been looking forward to this for a looong time" He patted his shoulder and handed him 1000 Col. "This should cover it, right?"

Alkor glanced up from where he rested behind the counter, and he offered a weary smile to the newcomer. "Welcome, welcome," he greeted, rising as though to entertain a guest. It was the natural response when someone came into your workplace. You wanted to make them feel wanted.

"What can I do for you?" He asked, hands folded neatly on the counter top. It had been a long couple of days, but Alkor had managed. After a good grind, it was always nice to come back to the shop and do some work.

"Hello, I was wondering if can make gloves or have any gloves on offer, if you haven't, can you make some for me, I don't really mind what quality it is and do the mind if it has enchantments on it as well, here is the materials I got from looting a pk'er, unless you have any on sale?" He asked him, he didn't know ow if he was saying goes the right things and his face was red. "Sorry, I get a little nervous asking people at times." He said, trying to smile.

Claim walked in to the down the street look at the all the shop before he come across the Phoenix Fire Tailoring Shop. He slowly walks in to the shop and smiles a bit he need a nice chest pieces done for himself before getting a new sword. He looked around the shop and saw that the player here how runs it had a nice upkeep. He looked around a bit before say "Hello.." He thought to him self maybe he is busy he walked over to the counter and saw a order form he graded a pen he had an idea of what he wanted but he thought for a min before he was going to wright on the form. He shook his head as he started to wright Hello I would like a thin light armor Chest piece with Life Steal +2 and Damage mitigation +1 description like in my char. photo. he puts 5 mat in the envelope part of the form and also wright if you need more mats just let me know. He put the form on the counter and walks out the shop.

Alkor held up a hand when the player seemed to gush a river of information in seconds. "Slow down," he told the youth. "Looted a Player Killer? You're talking gibberish, mate," though it wasn't impossible, judging from the relatively low level of the player, it seemed rather improbable.

"Anyway, that's not the important part," he continued. "How many materials are here, and do you have any preference for what the gloves might bolster, statistically?" He watched and listened pointedly, folding his hands.

That was when he saw the envelope for the other order. "Let's see," he said, carefully opening the letter and skimming it thoroughly. "Ahhhh, this I can do..."

Alkor's fingers flitted quickly over the materials, but he uttered a curse with each motion. He felt the prick of his needle against the pad of his fingertip, and he knew that he wouldn't be able to press beyond his mental block today.

"Tomorrow," he resolved. "I'll get it right tomorrow."

[iD: 761,762,763, Craft Dice: 6,10,2 (Bad, Uncommon, Fail- 3 mats lost)

Tailoring level 2

Exp: 35/40

"Those..." Alkor looked over to the indicated gloves and frowned. "I'll see if I can't make something similar for you, but those are the ones I use. They're only there to showcase the type of items I can craft."

As he spoke, Alkor finished crafting the last of three items, one of which was uncommon in quality. "Interested in these?" He asked.

[iD: 852,853,854; Craft Dice: 10,8,7 (Uncommon, good good)]

Gloves of the Bandit

Crafted by Alkor

Accuracy +1

Simple gray and black fingerless gloves that make the user a bit more dexterous.

Tailoring level 2

Exp: 39/40

Alkor went through several attempts, properly stitching and hemming the material multiple times before he finally got what he intended. With a sigh of exhaustion, he stretched out the fabric and his eyes shut themselves.

"Well, it's not the best, I guess," he muttered, despite the perfect quality of the item he'd crafted. He supposed he just wasn't used to using metal when he worked. The light weight metal plates that had interlaced with his usual leather compounded the difficulty of this item, and though he couldn't use it, there would undoubtedly be one person in the coming battle who could.

Markedly, this particular chest piece was loose fitting, almost stylish- if one could really call the utilitarian garb that- in its gray and muted salmon color scheme. Stitched in links of chain mail offered extra protection of the upper arms and neck area, which would deflect a great deal of damage from enemies.

Since it was light in nature, the armor allowed freedom of motion, as well as enhanced defense.

[iD: 889,890,891,892; CD: 10,9,9,12 (Uncommon, Good, Good, Perfect) -4 mats (replenish!!)

Tailoring level 3

Exp: 14/80

Flourishing Mail

Made by Alkor

Armor type: torso, light metal

Abilities: +2 Damage Mitigation, +1 Evasion

Description: Chain Mail with pink and white accents; instead of the normal, drab mail, it boasts a stylish appeal. There should be a warning label on this thing: "too sexy to care!"

Tristan entered the shop which was blazing with heat. He didn't think he would be anywhere so hot, but oh well. He wasn't here for anything to be tailored though, especially as he couldn't wear leather gear.

Rather he was here for an item he offered to the guild, the Twinfire Reflector Shield. Since seeing the boss, he was resolute to become a tanker in his future. And as far as tanking went, this shield was perfect.

"Heya Alkor." He waved as he came in. He bowed at him too "Thank you very much for the shield offer, since I know how rare that kind of stuff is. If you want Col, any of my two materials to forge with or these gauntlets (Scaled Gauntlets of the Iron Lord Accuracy +2 Bleed +1), just say. I'll probably offer these gauntlets to the pool before the fight anyway."

He grinned awkwardly, feeling like a child being given an early Christmas present.

Alkor rose wearily from behind the counter and rubbed at his eyes. He had taken the opportunity to catch up on some sleep, and when Tristan came in, it had roused him. "Ah, no worries," he mumbled as he fumbled through the menu and toggled the Shield.

It was a reminder of the wounds he'd taken, and not in a positive way. The fact that he'd been wounded so badly that he got a shield for taking the most damage felt laughable to him. It always nagged at him when it came out of his inventory.

Despite its rarity and undeniable usefulness, Alkor was silently glad to be rid of it. "Here," he said, finalizing his end of the trade, "may it serve you well." And with that, Tristan was the proud owner of one of the best shields currently player owned on Aincrad.