(PP-F1) Trek [Mari]

It was a crispy morning, Argumail walked out of his lodging and yawned. Yawning outside was always better to him. He looked at himself, and put on his very expensive armor. After doing so he packed throw so goat on the grill. He walked of to his lab and threw some carbon, some hydrogen, Nitrogen, and oxygen. C18H27NO3, Cayenne pepper he walked over and sprinkled it on his goat. After cutting his goat it bite size chunks, he packed them and head down the road. He smiled when he thought about Bilbo Baggins running with them and screaming to the townsfolk,"I'm going on an adventure!"

Mari frowned, she was leaning on a random building in the starter town - her recent quest to get some decent food, something other than plain old bread had not been very fruitful. She was still in a slightly foul mood from her run in with the obstinate blonde known as Kazuya. But Mari had decided to show her 'innocent' front, perhaps a passer by would catch sight of her, and feel some sort of sympathy for the woman.

Her exterior was sweet, and timid; too bad her interior was rotten and rude.

Mari stood, back against the cool brick of a building, one arm wrapped protectively around her waist, the other pulled on strands of her hair, twirling them around her fingers. Mari made sure to pout, every so slightly as she watched players pass by.

Argumail looked at the girl analytically, he decided that it was 99% it was a front. But a front to what was the question and that was enough for him to invested in. As he walked towards the pouting girl, the others parted like the red sea to Moses. They whispered in a creepy unison," Hellfyre Twin..." He sat down in front of her and looked at her. He didn't blink, he didn't turn away for a second he looked at the girl and said very slow," I see pout girl... pout... pout...pout!... what I like see is what or who you are hiding." He pulled out his goat and smiled. In chess that move is called a trade trade.

The girl glanced down, hearing some of the mutterings of the other people around them. Oh great, another idiot who gave himself some name associated with the damned, perhaps he was an associate of Kazuya. “Y-Yes?” She asked, watching the ochre haired male silently, calmly sit in front of her. His crimson gaze focused on her form as he practiced precise actions; slowly he took out a hunk of meat, Mari wasn’t sure what it was but her nostrils flared. It smelt decent at least.

Mari tilted her head, as the male spoke in a sing song voice – commenting on her pout, asking what or who she was hiding. It seemed that every player she came across assumed she had something to hide; of course, she did. It was right to be suspicious. It was smart to be suspicious of everyone.

The girl simply blinked in confusion. “I’m sorry…w-what? I’m not really hiding that much.”

Argumail looked at her a little long and handed her the meat. He was happy with that answer, not many would have answered in that matter. He get and hesitated, he slowly turned around," Girl like you should have some duckets. Allow me to help you get some." He smiled. Kazuya had told him of a disrespectful creton walking around with pink hair. He assumed that this girl wasn't it because so was so well mannered.

Mari’s eyes lit up as she hungrily eyed the meat that was being offered to her; if she had it her way, she’d have snatched it from the foolish man’s hands before running off, but no. That wasn’t who she was pretending to be. The sweet little innocent Mari wouldn’t dare do such a cruel, rude thing.

Mari quickly shook her head, “oh gosh!” She exclaimed, “A-as happy as I’d be I don’t want to take your precious f-food from you!” Argumail simply gave her a warm smile, insisting that she took it. Mari was sure to carefully take it from his hands. She gave a small bow, dipping her head in thanks.

“T-thank you s-so much!”

She stood up straight again, beaming happily at the stranger before her; “All I’ve had is b-bread! I know we don’t have to e-eat but I miss the taste of f-food! Thank you!”

Mari sniffed the goat meat, it smelt good. Spicy even. It was cut neatly into a convenient bite sized chunk, the girl opened her mouth with an ‘ahh’ and plopped it in, chewing it thoughtfully. Mari didn’t have to act out her next reaction, or pretend; because the meat tasted good.

“mmmmmmm…” She mused, clasping her hands together over her heart, closing her eyes thoughtfully as she rolled the juicy meat over her tongue. Swallowing she gave a happy sigh, “that was r-really good!”

If he had a cooking skill decent enough to make something like that, Mari would have to make a note as to who he was, but he was a stranger to her, she didn’t know his name – and she honestly found it quite rude – that was three people she had met now, all of whom failed to introduce themselves to her.

“O-oh! I’m so sorry!” Mari exclaimed, covering her mouth, “I- I didn’t even ask your n-name! M-my name is Mari!” She gave him another small bow, “It’s a p-pleasure to meet you!”

"I'm Argumail." He said well he give her cared smiled, he was still analyzing her. She like an enigma that just had to be solve. If she is hiding something then, only time will be helpful to discover it. He lifted his head slighty and looked done on her," I was off on an adventure today but, I wouldn't mind the company would care to come."

Argumail introduced himself, and Mari simply widened her smile, “A-Argumail. That’s an interesting name!”

Mari blinked as he said he was going to go off on an adventure; good, she wanted to get out of this town, and sadly, was still too low leveled to do anything. Perhaps it’d be good to get out of the town, with any luck she may even score some loot. Weapons…armour…anything!

Mari caught his emerald gaze, bit her lower lip and glanced toward the ground, kicking up some dust with her shoe. “A-ah…an adventure sounds fun, Mr. Argumail.  But – I’m low leveled, and I uh…don’t really have any equipment – All I got is uhmm…”

Mari equipped her beginner dagger, smiling sheepishly as she showed it to him. “A tiny d-dagger…so I might not be uhm useful.” Her voice was quiet, nervous. Unless someone was extremely perceptive they wouldn’t be able to tell she was playing a charade. After her outburst the previous day, she had gotten all her pent up anger out, and found it easier to play the part of the innocent girl.

“B-But I would like to still come, if that’s ok with you?”

Argumail nodded, to him was playing a game... All of it is just game. The goat meat, the pouting girl... it was simply a means to an end. He could tell that this was a game to her to. But what game is she playing?And who will concede first. Argumail smiled and with his said quite evilly," Don't I will protect you from the big bad wolves."

Mari tilted her head to the side, frowning slightly. Argumail seemed like an honest guy - and yet his tone of voice changed, it grew sinister.  "Why did you say that so..uhm...menacingly?" She glanced from side to side and realized she couldn't back away, because she was backed against the wall. Mari quickly covered her face with her hands, "I don't wanna g-go with you if you're going to say things with scary v-voices!" she squeaked. 

"M-monsters I can face...because I know I can hurt them..but not people! I d-don't want to hurt people." Mari squeked again;

And it was somewhat true, the girl may be quick to anger, she may be cruel and manipulative, but she didn't see the point in actually killing anyone. This may be a virtual game, but the lives in it were all real, and she didn't feel the desire to so simply kill anyone. Unlike the other people she had met the other day; the members of the Crimson Inquisition. Such barbarians...

"Well good, but it was a joke. Comedown, I said like that to emphasize the badness of the wolves." Argumail raised his eyebrow at the girl."Let me guild know that I'll be during so tank work today so if I die they will know the cause of death." He turned and send a message. He smiled because he laughed to boast about his guild," May you heard of my guild, The Crimson Inquisition, I'm the leader of it... or perhaps of my tactician, Ryuu. We are the largest guild... or least I think. Alright all set lets go, vamonos!" 

Mari gave a small sigh, biting her lower lip. "How embarrassing...Sorry S-Sir Argumail..."

Mari's brows furrowed, as he mentioned a guild, and that he could very well die today, "Are we going s-somewhere that dangerous?" She asked curiously. Mari wanted to go out, but not if she were to die with a stranger. It was then that Argumail mentioned the very guild she was just thinking about, her eyes widened in shock.

"The wha?"

He was a member of the guild? Not just a member but the LEADER of it? Mari secretly cursed herself, if she wasn't playing the part of the innocent girl she'd probably cuss him out, telling him to reign in his stupid guild members - tell him how Kazuya had gone mental; and perhaps, at the right price - tell him about Kazuya's split personality disorder and the hellfyre or whatever it was. Sadly, Mari couldn't say any of that. Instead she just opened her mouth in mock shock.

"A guild leader!?" She exclaimed, "Oh wow, you must be s-strong then! I think I might have h-heard of it, but I don't know if I have met anyone from it before!"

Argumail said they were all set to go, and Mari clenched her little fists giving a determined nod. "Right! Lead the way G-guild leader Argumail! Mari will follow, follow, follow!" 

"It not that its dangerous, but I need to plan for everything." Argumail said, he looked at her. He looked at her hidden expression when he said his guild and Kazuya."Please don't call me Mr. or Guild leader those are titles of respect. I ave to earn you respect before you may call me." He lifted to her to her feet,"This is now, but we live 3 steps ahead." The eyes changed into a dark blood red color," We must fight to make a living, or you have to. But I'll be there with every step of the way!"

Mari walked alongside Argumail as they slowly left the starter city. So he was the type of person who always looked to the future, analytical. He was right, they did have to make some sort of living, and hanging around forever in the starter towns...it just seemed too boring. "Oh Sorry, I just thought I'd call you those things -uhm, out of respect..." Mari muttered when Argumail chastised her, for calling him by 'Sir' and 'Guild Master'

"S-So what kind of a trek are we going on Argumail? What Floor?" 

Argumail smiled politely," I but, I feel like I have to earn you respect first. You see I experience something called hellfyre, it like a mental irregularity." he sipped of drink and focus on her," Alright enough about me, lets talk about adventure. We going to a place called Wolftor Pass. It has a treasure in the center but, it is surrounded by wolves."

Mari gave a light shrug, she wasn't going to argue the point. If he didn't want to be called by any sort of title she certainly would comply, since, he was right, he hadn't earned any sort of respect from the woman. No one had. Her ears perked at the mention of hell-whatever, the thing that Kazuya had called his split personality syndrome. She tried hard not to roll her eyes when Argumail said he suffered from it too. In other words he also lost his temper quickly, and just blamed it on some non existant thing. Great...she sure knew how to pick them...

Mari gave Argumail a grin, "Wolftor Pass? T-that sounds uhm, interesting. I haven't fought any wolves yet..heh, heh. What Floor is it on?"

"This one." Argumail laughed," But, it will be dangerous... probably. When we get there I need you on point alright. This is the game plan. A war on two fronts. First front it will be me and the sceond will be you." He sighed and then he thought over. See didn't like strategy type," A war on two front is simply smashing your enemy in. making them divide there force. But remember there is another threat the Alpha wolf."

When Argumail turned away from her, she rolled her eyes. She didn't like being spoken to like a child. She didn't understand the term 'A war on two fronts' but she assumed he meant 'divide and conquer' a strategy that involved just that, dividing the enemy into smaller units so each smaller unit could be defeated easier than attacking them on a whole.

Mari nodded, "I Can be uhm, o-on point!" She exclaimed. Pumping her fist in the air, "we will beat them all!" She added in excitement. Then Argumail mentioned the Alpha Wolf - She gave him a virtuous grin. "That's the big bad boss isn't it?" She asked as she followed him through the town.

Argumail looked at her and smiled,"Yes , it is pretty large and the three of us will have to take it down. Every good strategy needs a triump card. I have a couple in every sleeve. I need you to remain calm and don't spas around. Because when I start going in is hard for me to stop. If I see you when I start will then... I apologize for what comes after that." 

Mari stopped in her tracks when Argumail mentioned 'the three of us' Was there a third who would be joining their party? She looked around, but there were no players nearby who looked like they were interested in what her and Argumail were doing. What the heck was he on about? Mari hoped he didn't mean the split personality thing, to her, that did not count as a third person.

"T-three of us?" Mari asked sweetly, "Who else will be joining us?"

She could take a guess at what he meant when he said he'd apologize for what would come after. Yep, another head case like Kazuya, not exactly her cup of tea. Still, she had wanted to play her little game, see it through till the end. Mari stepped up to to Argumail, tugging on his shirt sleeve. "I thought it'd be j-just us...I'm a little nervous around new people."