[PP-F1] A Pact of Silence [COMPLETE]

Mari, after her run in with Kazuya earlier that day was still feeling frustrated, she had tried to calm down in an Inn but grew restless. She ended up wandering back out to where she was earlier, the same Frenzy Plant still flailing about in the soft breeze. The girl hadn't had much fighting experience, and perhaps now would be a good chance to get some in, the plant was a stationary target - Mari assumed she'd have more of a chance hitting it. Equipping her dagger she gave a grimace.

"You better not make me all dirty..." she mumbled under her breath as she went to strike it, tiny dagger high above her head, she bought it downwards in a wide arc.

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice. SUCCESS!
    Frenzy Plant -1HP 

Mari grinned, seeing that she had managed to do some damage. Even if it was a measly 1. It was good for the stress, the imagined the wirey, drooling plant was Kazuya and his pompous head. "Heh..." 
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FRENZY PLANT
vbO2Eh2.png

It gave a low, gargling noise as it was attacked. Screeching as it shrivelled down into the ground, large mouth chattering away - teeth clacking against themselves. The Frenzy plant had coiled itself up like a spring before striking, dealing a critical blow as it gnawed on Mari's arm.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Mari:  10 /13 HP
Frenzy Plant: 4/5 HP

After dealing the strike it chattered again almost as though it was laughing at the poor pink girl.

Mari gave a small howl of pain as she felt the plants grimy teeth sink into her flesh, gnawing on her arm before releasing its grip. The girl fell down; clutching her arm, swearing under her breath as she rubbed it. Naturally, there was no blood or signs of gore, as the game hadn't allowed for such graphics, but the pain wasn't any less real. "Dammit..." She murmured, pushing herself back off her feet. The pain was different to the mild discomfort she felt when fighting boars. Pain, it was something she'd have to get used to again. The woman shook her head giving a bitter laugh. "Ah..so painful..and its only a tiny, wretched weed..."

Mari charged again, this time moving the dagger in a close uppercut across the Frenzy Plants torso.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice. Critical Success!

It was a direct hit! The word critical bounced above the creatures head as it lost 3 hit points, it snarled, whipping itself wildly around in a futile effort to pull itself from the ground, Mari laughed, feeling quite pleased with herself. "Hah!"

Mari:  10 /13 HP
Frenzy Plant: 1/5 HP

After sorting Kazuya out L was slightly frustrated with his guild. It wasn't his idea to join in the first place but he felt like he needed to, they kinda grew on him so he didn't really feel like leaving it anytime soon, but he wouldn't admit that. As he walked his way to the inn he noticed that same woman again, he could just barely remember from the last glance he gave her before he left. She was picking on the plant again but at least this time it wasn't with a pebble. "What a coincidence.. need help there lady?" He spoke in a nonchalant tone, he never gave much care into anything except fighting and crafting. He watched as she struggled against it,it was an easy target for most beginners but it seemed the woman didn't invest into offense. A dagger? He thought to himself, well i guess everyone has their own play style.

(( You could have waited :( ))

((I Did PM you saying I'd fight the plant then stop and wait for you :P  ))

FRENZY PLANT

chYdnaf.png

The plant lolled around on the ground, in its weakened state it was barely able to snap at Mari's legs any more. It's tongue darted out, attempting to curl round Mari's ankle, failing that it tried to snap at her again

• Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice. Fail!

It missed, and gargled, an odd hissing sound escaping from its mouth.

The creature was more or less dead, any hit right now would kill it. 

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice. Success!
  • Frenzy Plant 0/5 health DEAD

Mari chose to stomp on its head, rather than attack with her dagger. Well, it was more of a jump than a stomp. She jumped up and crushed its head underneath her feet, the plant gargled, before bursting into a pixellated mess. "Take THAT stupid Kazuya.."  Just as she had stomped the poor plant into oblivion she heard a voice. Looking up she noticed it was the same man from earlier that day.

She furrowed her brow;

"OH...its you  L was it?" She put the dagger away and crossed her arms over her chest. "Does it look like I need help? What do you want? Come back to defend the honour of the very guy you laughed at so hard you fell out of a damn tree?" She sounded less than impressed to have a visitor, especially one she had hoped to avoid. In her eyes the whole guild was a great big mess. At least it was the man she disliked least out of the three she had met that day. L was more or less silent through the whole ordeal.

Mari bent down to see if she had scored any loot;

• Rolled a 7 on the d20 (loot) dice.

She sighed, there was none. "What a waste..." She mumbled.

He raised an eyebrow looking at her with a disappointing expression. "Im allowed to laugh at my underlings, they're mine to order not yours to insult but i thank you for the good laugh he needed a wake up call" He crossed his arms and frowned. "To be honest i was a little stressed from the whole thing. I was just on my way to the inn" He started to walk again towards town but stopped when he was parallel to her. He looked at her with his honey amber eyes, they were dead but warming.  "To be honest i don't care much for him, or the others. The only thing that matters is their power and as long as we have their strength i'll put up with their immaturity. That's all" He sighed and walked past her nonchalantly still tense from the guilds meeting. 

((Sorry for the slow replies, trying to multitask))

Mari rolled her eyes, "Oh don't give me that high and mighty look. They're yours huh?" Mari grinned, crossing her arms over her chest. "My I didn't know people were a commodity you could own my, oh my, how times have changed." 

The pink haired girl quirked a brow, as the man mentioned he was stressed, and going toward the Inn. Why tell her that? Did he want her to apologize? Hah, fat chance. It was his next words that came as a bit of a shock to her, how he mentioned that he didn't care for Kazuya, or anyone else within the guild for that matter. He only kept them around for their strength. "Guess we have that in common, I've yet to meet anyone I give a damn about. The difference between us is that I wouldn't put up with that immature crap."

As he walked past her Mari gave a shrug, assuming he'd be on his way back to the town, and to the Inn. She glanced down at her nails only to realize that some dirt had lodged into them from the fight, she muttered under her breath, plopping down on the ground to use her dagger to dig the dirt out. Unbeknownst to her, the Frenzy Plant had re spawned just behind her.

He stopped again and turned back to her. "Don't get me wrong. I keep them around because they're strong but that doesn't mean i'd sacrifice them for myself. Im not that selfish. Im here to make sure we all get out of this death game alive and putting up with their immaturity is a condition i can work with in order to achieve that" He examined her carefully, she seemed worried about something meaningless "Are you even listening to me?" The frenzy plant re-spawned behind her without her knowledge, its wide mouth silently hovering over the girls body. 

He gritted his teeth in sheer annoyance, he brought his blade behind his back and whispered to himself "Fell Crescent!" his blade glowed a deep blue as he darted across the field covering roughly 4 meters in 0.4 seconds. His blade slanted as it travelled from the bottom right of the plants head to the top left immediately vaporising it before it could shut its jaws on the girl. "You're rather aloof aren't you"

~Attack Success! Perfect Critical! (2 base + 1 proficiency+ 2 crit)

Life: 19/19

Frenzy Plant: 0/5 - DEAD 

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice

"Hmm? Oh my, I wouldn't kill anyone. What is the use of a dead man?" Mari sounded annoyed that Life would assume that much of her, but she didn't look up from her nails till she had gotten the last bit of dirt out from them, "What was-" She paused  as she felt a rush of wind fly by her; as Life had taken out the Frenzy Plant that had re-spawned behind her. Mari turned around, "Oops."  

She patted down her skirt, giving a shrug. "Aloof, mayhaps. It's not like I really have a goal right now." Life looked at her, dark brows furrowed in annoyance, expecting some sort of apology? Thanks? He was barking up the wrong tree, Mari wasn't the type to say either of those things lightly. "Whatever happened to going back to the inn? Hmm?"

He shook his head letting out a now increasingly irritated sigh. He probably should have just let her be, it's not like the beast had a chance anyway. Though he never really went out of his way for anyone he felt the urge to protect those around him. He closed his eyes gritting his teeth, this woman clearly didn't know who she was talking to but he didn't care either way. He opened his eyes, his once irritated expression now replaced with a dead one. "Going to the inn huh.. Sounds like a good plan to me" He turned his back on the woman again and started walking back to town. He turned back for a second "Oh by the way, you're welcome" With that he stretched out his arms and yawned as he made his way to the inn, he was too tired for another argument over something meaningless.

The two were at an impasse - both had irritated each other, and both had stalwart in their behaviour and mannerisms. Mari returned his irritated gave with one of her own, even going as far as to grind her own teeth in an eggagerated manner, just to get on his nerves. Mari watched him go, then pause to make a rude remark.

"Oh, sweetie," Mari began, "Your thanks is me not telling anyone about Kazuya's lil' hissy fit." She paused, tapping her lip in mock thought, "then again... I did meet Argumail the other day...wonder what he'd have to say about it all?" Mari shrugged, turning her back on Life. Of course, her words were only half a threat, she didn't have a reason to tell anyone anything, unless they offered her something in return. Mari didn't intend to argue with the man, she just did not get along with people unless she was putting on a facade. She was blunt, rude, snide - and such things irked others.

Mari wandered on her own way for a while, passing a few Frenzy Plants; "mmm maybe I should look for something else, boars? Are they on this floor?" She mused to herself. 

When she started again he couldn't help but roll his eyes. He turned around to face her as she talked but it was more of the same meaningless garbage. "Then as long as i get that thanks there won't be any trouble now would there be?" She paused and started to think for a moment. He began to have a sinking feeling in his gut. Yeap there it was, she brought Argumail into it. He thought about it long and hard and decided if worse came to worse Argumail would simply excuse Kazuya. He watched her turn her back on him and saunter off full of confidence in her half hearted threats "You're sadly mistaken if you think Argumail would care so much about some petty squabble. Yes it is also against the rules of the Inquisition to treat others with disrespect, but Kazuya is a 'special' case. The two are very close. You know, me and you are much alike.. just let that sink in before you start blackmailing me" He was officially fed up with the situation, he wasn't going to press any further on the matter especially with someone as childish as this woman. "You might be able to pull the strings of that little imp but I'm not so easily riled" He shook his head, wether it be monster or player he always seemed to make them hate him before they even got to know him. He shook it off and headed towards the inn. His break was long awaited and well deserved. 

It was funny, how the two continued to butt heads, under any other circumstance they may, just may have gotten along - but even then; they'd have a vitriolic friendship at best. Mari paused in her step, and turned on her heel giving him a cheeky grin as she tapped her nose. "Now now, I never called it black mail. I was simply thinkin' aloud." Mari was beginning to have fun, her frustrations from earlier alleviated, she started following Life- humming softly, before breaking out into a sing-song voice. "An-gry lit-tle blackbird, wander-ing, lon-e-ly~" She fell back into a low hum, figuring she'd have more fun following him than some boring monster hunt.

When he heard her speak again he half turned his head, only interested in the change of tone in her voice. When he realised it was still nothing of importance he continued to walk his sight focused directly on the road in front of him. He started to hear a some humming noises from beside him. He didn't even have to turn this time to know it was her. They had gotten off on the wrong foot but this was definitely unexpected. They walked in silence for awhile, she continued to hum. She had a beautiful voice but it was rather off-putting making it hard  to think when you're trying to be cold. They started to approach the gates of the town of the beginnings 'An-gry lit-tle blackbird, wander-ing, lon-e-ly~' He closed his eyes and let out a sigh as she continued to hum. "Is there something you want miss? And im not angry, nor do i care for the pitfalls of loneliness" He looked over at her with his yellow eyes, this time showing some care in his expression. 

((Sorry this one took awhile xD ))

Mari grinned, giving a shrug when he asked if there was something she wanted. "Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart. I'm just musing to myself - we just so happen to be going the same direction, I am just going to head back into town, pick up some food." She turned on her heel, now walking backward, giving her stomach a slight rub. "We may not need to eat, but I do enjoy the taste of food. Then its off to F2 to practise fighting~" 

Mari turned back on her heel, her words were half true, she didn't exactly have a reason to go back into town, but since she was going there she would check to see if there was anything worthwhile before heading off to the second floor, she did want to practise fighting, to gain more items, items meant she had something to barter with - to sell and gain more Col.

Mari gave him a salute as she parted ways with Life, turning into one of the many stores in town. "Ta-ta, an-gry, lit-tle blackbird~" She sang with a wink.

The little fiend once again pestered and poked at him. He was fairly sure she was just there to annoy him. She hinted she was going to go to floor 2 for some more fighting, perhaps an invite? "Perhaps you could eat some of the boar you kill. You know what they say, you eat what you are and you are what you eat" It was his first insult towards her but it was just halfassed, something like a witty reflex. When she called him an angry black bird his heart must have skipped a beat, the wink being the killing blow. He looked down and blushed as she turned away into a store. He gritted his teeth in slight frustration "That woman.. who does she think she is anyway" He turned into the inn and ordered his meal, if he wasn't angry before he definitely was now. Fellow players looked at him slightly baffled as he furiously ate multiple plates of food. 

Mari had laughed to herself at the insult that was shot her way, it was mediocre at best, but at least the kid had a bit of bite to his words rather than just angrily huffing about the place.  She didn't end up buying anything - as the only thing the store sold was bread, plain old bread. God forsaken bread. She was so sick of it. Maybe she would eat some wild boar, just as Life had so positively suggested.

Marching out of the Inn she wandered to the outskirts of town, hitting the warp plate; doing just as Tristan had taught her;

"Floor 2"

The whooshing feeling came again, and Mari still was not used to it - she teetered forward a few steps before falling flat on her face. "Ommph!" She rolled onth her back, groaning. "Dammit I need to get used to that..." She muttered bitterly, embarrassed by her own incompetence. Mari lay there for a few moments, waiting for the dizzying nausea to go away before standing, dusting herself off and continuing in a random direction, Mari paused when she thought she heard a growl - looking around at the plains, how far had she been walking?

"grrrrrrrr"

There was another growl, and soon a wolf appeared - Mari quickly equipped her Dagger, stepping back, she could easily take on one wolf - but they had a tendency to travel in packs, and just as she predicted - another two came stalking over the hill. Snarling and drooling. There were 3 in total, minus the Alpha wolf which had yet to make an appearance. 

"Crap...you can do this Mari.." She murmured to herself; aiming to strike the first wolf; 

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice-SUCCESS
-2HP

Mari darted forward, slashing the closest wolf across the muzzle, it howled and jumped back, but the other two were closing in fast.

DIRE WOLF

aLm5sBM.pngCS7Gc6h.pngCS7Gc6h.png

The injured wolf hung back, refusing to attack, but the other two, growling and snarling took their chance to strike in unison;

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice. SUCCESS!
    -1 HP
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice. CRITICAL SUCCESS
    -2HP

Each wolf, growling, leapt up into the air and each bit down onto one of Mari's arms, growling and gnawing, shaking their heads in an attempt to rip her arms from her body. After hearing her screech in pain they backed off, circling around her, growling and snapping at the girl.

Dire Wolf A - 3/5
Dire Wolf B - 5/5
Dire Wolff C -5/5

Mari: 12/15

Mari braced herself, she was expecting it - but expecting the pain never made it any less real, or any less agonizing. Mari screeched in pain, her shrill voice echoing in the plains around her, her voice faltered down into a whimper as the wolves finally let go. Allowing the girl to collapse onto her knees, breathing heavily, her vision mildly blurred - beads of sweat dripping down her face.

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this

She repeated to herself, she still had over half her health, and if she could aim for the injured wolf - and land a critical, she just may be able to wipe it out. Pushing herself up to her feet Mari gripped the dagger tightly in her little hand. Taking one shaky step after another. It was difficult, trying to differentiate the circling wolves. 

Crap

She had a %33 chance of hitting the injured wolf. Mari took a long, shaky breath. This is what she wanted, this pain, this pain proved that she was alive, she was living. She could feel her heart practically bursting from her chest, she was alive...she was alive...

Mari charged forward, jumping onto one of the wolves backs, jamming the dagger between its shoulder blades, pressing it in deep as the wolf howled.

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice. CRITICAL HIT +2 DAMAGE

-4 HP

Well wasn't that just half her luck! Mari gave a shaky grin, "yess..." She breathed through gritted teeth as she watched the word 'Critical' dance above one of the wolves head. It quickly shook her off, and the three wolves were back to circling, and growling at her. Well...she DID get the critical hit, unfortunately, it was the wrong wolf.