[PP- F3] Meeting Someone New (Mari)

MacGrath walked around the town on floor three, "Let's see if I can make a new friend" He said to himself, wondering around, MacGrath was finally lost in a ally way, he kept walking forth until he found the market area. From where he stood, he was figuring out where he should go from here.

Mari had just travelled down from the fourth floor; it was her favourite floor. But it was also cold. Mari gave a small shiver, rubbing her arms to bring the warmth back to them. "Darn.." Mari mumbled. She had just re entered Delilah Village, a quaint village filled with NPCs that were all elves; sometimes Mari confused NPCs with real people, at least here that wouldn't happen.

There was a small restaurant nearby; just within the market area, and the pink haired woman was making her way there; deciding that she wanted to fill her belly with a warm meal.

MacGrath found a restaurant, at least he should eat something before getting g out and about, he was about to walk through the door, but instead let the girl with the pink go through first, "After you." He said to her, they both went up to the counter, "How about I pay for yours and mine, you can order something and I'll pay for it." He said to her with a smile.

((In the timeline I am assuming this is before Mari created her guild))

Mari gave the boy a strange look, she recognized him from the store opening. "Hey - you're that boy who foolishly tried to talk down Uriel, right?" Mari shook her head. "That was a stupid thing to do; he oozed arrogance and danger." Mari walked into the restaurant. "I don't know if I should thank you, or call you an idiot."

Mari wasn't always the most pleasant person to get along with and poor MacGrath would find out soon. Mari gave him a grin and a shrug, "I am not  going to pass up a free meal; more coal in the bank to save for my guild." She turned to the NPC, patiently waiting to take their orders. "I'll have a Roast avocado chicken breast with a side of rosemary mash potato; and a moscato wine on the side." She wasn't sure how much that meal would cost; and it wasn't like she on purposefully ordered something expensive. Mari was planning on ordering it regardless of who bought the meal.  "Thanks, by the way."

MacGrath looked at his col on what he had left, "Plently." He thought, he walked up to the counter an ordered Chicken soup with rice, ham and carrots and what Mari ordered, "Your welcome." He said with a smile. After he payed for the food and sat down to the nearest table, "You can call me what ever you like, but the thing is, the way he was treating you, I had to do something." He said. Looking at his food.

Mari headed to a table along with MacGrath; they both sat down, Mari had her drink handed to her first; the food not ready yet, Mari gave a small shrug. "He was being leecherous - but it was a crowded area and a starter town. The fact that he was there shows that he wasn't a PKer." Mari tapped her lip with a finger in thought. "Perhaps... he was just doing it for the attention. You know the types; they thrive on the attention of others."

"Yeah well, when you two left, I was worried what he will do to you, the way he was and all that, could've helped you sooner." MacGrath said to her, "Anyway, that's over now, what have you been doing lately?" He asked her, changing the subject so he doesn't over think so much that he with stare into deep space.

Mari shrugged, running her finger over the rim of her glass. "There wasn't a lot he would be able to do to me in a starter village, maybe if we were to be in a field - but I am pretty sure he is a lower level than me." 

Mari shrugged when he asked what she was doing. "I am begining to make preparations to form a guild, called the Cerulean Silence. There are a lot of guilds out there already, but censored it. May as well give it a shot. Anything to rub that smug ass smirk off of that blonde twits face."

Mari absently wrapped her fingers against the wooden table, staring at the boy before her with questioning blue, eyes. Did he know what he was getting himself into? Would he really just so willingly join a guild he knows nothing about? Not even the name? "mmm..." Mari sounded a tad unsure, but she wasn't really one to turn down a prospective member, especially since her guild was non-existent at this stage.

"You'd so willingly agree to join me, and my guild - without first hearing about it's goals? For all you know, I could be starting a Player Killer guild and initiation would require you to kill someone."

Mari sighed, sitting back in her chair. "Great.. so let me guess, this Madness person is a voice inside your head?" Mari rubbed her temples, "Why is it that every second person I come across seems to have some sort of split personality syndrome going on?" She mumbled, feeling frustrated. Still, she thought she'd at least let him know about her guild.

"My guild isn't a front liner guild - it's a guild where we will nurture you regardless of what yu choose to do, be it a passive skillset, or a combat skillset - or - as you say...if you want to be a PKer, go ahead, I personally don't approve but I won't stop you. Just do not kill your guild mates."

"Madness is more of a demon inside of me. Not my split personality. He speaks to my mind, then controls me. But no, I don't want to be a PK. I want to help people, especially new players guide their way through this game. I do have another reason, but that is my own thing. Don't want other people involved my mess, but if they do, I... wouldn't forgive myself." He said, looking at the table, remembering his past in this game. "But still, I will join your guild." He said to her with a smile.

Mari rolled her eyes when he mentioned he had a demon inside of him, of course that wasn't true but Mari found that it was easier not to try to reason or argue the point with people who believed that. "Right, well. If you wish - both yourself and *ahem* Madness can join. As I said, my guild doesn't have any particular guidelines. If you treat me with respect you'll get it in return."

"Don't worry, I'll treat you with respect." MacGrath said with a smile. He was cheerful at the sound of joining Mari's guild. "Thank you." He said. "Madness isn't real, I have a condition sounding like he is real. My other personality... is something I'm not proud of to have." He said said looking down at the table, clenching his hands tight.

Mari gave a nod. "I am not a nice person to get along with - Especially if you anger me - but if you don't then we'll be fine. If people treat me with respect then I'll do the same to them."  She picked up the drink she was drinking, taking a small sip. "You're MacGrath, right? Mari." She extended her hand to shake his.

"Pleasure."
  • 5 years later...

The Macgrath kid reached out and shook her hand. Mari tried her best to initiate conversation with him but he was...how would one put it...squirmy? Yes. That sounded adequate. The kid kept fidgeting and glancing away. She asked him several questions, like what he was hoping to achieve, what his build was...what his profession was...but she was continually met with mumbles, and more insanity about how he 'had a demon inside of him'

What did he calll it again? Madness? And this 'Madness' controlled him? First Argumail toted n about how he was the demon king, now this kid? Ugh. Mari got that people liked to play fantasy but when you start to believe your own little dreams and demons?

Nah.

She wasn't buying it.

"Look...kid I appreciate your attempted help earlier but this whole...."   She waved her finger in a circle as she directed at him. "Demon thing...has to stop."

Macgrath opened his mouth to say something but Mari held up her hand to stop him. "Uh- uh, nope. Stop right there." Mari paused to lift her glass and take another long slip before placing it back down on the table. She still had his undivided attention. Good. "I told you. I'll treat you with respect if you do the same to me, but one more word about this Madness bloke, and I'll assume you don't respect me. Mari lowered her hand and started to cut the chicken breast, not one to waste food she placed the morsel into her mouth and began to chew. She waited to finish before addressing the youth again. "I know its kinda superfluous to say this here; since we are in a game. But I don't have time for childish games. I want to leave this place. Got it?"

He nodded.

"Good, now you said you wanted to join my guild, correct?" Another nod.  Mari took this chance to continue to eat her food, pausing when she wished to speak to him. "Alright. You may."

Mari finished off her meal, placed the knife and fork ontop of it and pushed the empty plate to the center of the table. "Right, So I've got this Guild - Cerulean Silence. The name is mostly just a play on words. A complete opposite of the Crimson Inquisition or whatever the heck that guild is called..." Mari said with a dismissive wave. "Point is, I'm just sticking it to them. They run around claiming they are the best, and strongest guild. All because of numbers. When they don't really look after their own. I plan on having two divisions, you following me so far?"

MacGrath nodded.

"Good." Mari said. At least he understood that much. She leaned back in her chair, absent mindedly picking dirt out from underneath her fingernails. "I plan to have factions, the hunting faction and gathering faction.  In future I'd like to expand by having a Guild Crafters section too. My guild Members would all provide discounts to each other, and help each other grow in their desired field. Be it Frontlining, Crafting or just gathering."

MacGrath mentioned that he thought it sounded like a good guild with good ideals, and again, mentioned that he'd be happy to join. "Alright then." Mari said. 'I Have no intention of turning anyone away, but if they are inactive they will be removed."

The two spoke more about the guild, with Macgrath asking a few questions here and there; and Mari answering them. It was all fairly mundane stuff. She had to hand it to him, the questions weren't entirely stupid. He asked if there were any dues/fees or expectations. Mari's only major expectation was that no one would kill another player without valid reason...although if she were honest she'd prefer not at all. The second was to be active in guild activities; make it to the guild meetings - join in on the gathering sessions and the hunting sessions, contribute to the guild as a whole  - and if not, then why were you in the guild in the first place?

Mari also stipulated that she wanted to protect those in her guild - and that if any harm were to come to them she'd go after the perpetrators. With that, she ended their conversation and bid Macgrath farewell.

Leaving him and his so called inner demon to their own devices for now.