[PP-F2] << Long Live The Queen>> [ Mari, Lotharian]

He warps to the second floor were the quest was said to be at he had sent out a message to the other to players that where going to help. he thought to him self for a few seconds and left out a small sigh as he walked over to a bench and sit down and waited for the other's to show up he had a series look on his face as he closed his eye as he played out the quest in his head He had some ok gear on. This would be a good test for it and see what stats he wanted to put on other gear he got on his travels.

Mari needed to finish quests, and she needed to finish them fast she was the weakest active guild leader and she wanted to be able to strengthen herself; to gain better skills and equipment. Mari wasn't one to work with others, and yet somehow she found herself running a guild; not only was she running a guild but she was actively seeking help from others, from strangers no less!

Mari sighed inwardly, wondering exactly what she had gotten herself into. She could tell that her guild members wanted to join the fray, but they were idiots, only one was actually a high enough level to even stand a chance of not being killed in a single blast. 

She received a message from Claim; and knew that he had beaten her to their meeting point. It wasn't hard to find him, white haired player; dark clothes. Yup, that fit the description. "My oh my..." She said as she approached Claim, standing in front of him with her arms crossed, "Is it just me, or does everyone here dres so...dark? Where's the pizzazz?"

He yawned a bit as he looked over the girl in front of him as she said the word pizzazz he laughed as he stands up stretches his arms " That a good word " He thought as him self as a knight and he really didn't have a sense of style but she was right. " Yeah everyone seem to dress dark maybe the death game is getting to them and they just don't realize it. " He saw that see was a guild leader. That was impressive it seemed that almost all of the player were grouping up in guild to last longer. He had meet a lot of players an grouped with a few people to get some quest's done but all and all everyone was nice. He bowed in respect  " Its nice to meet you Mari." There was another player that was coming to join them but this was a good time to get to know the girl.

Asagi had been relaxing at the tavern he had become quite close to in his first days within Aincrad.  The establishment was busy as always with the sound of drinking and merryment among those who for one reason or another stayed away from the fight.  It had been a daunting task to take on the goal of becoming a front liner but he felt he was well on his way.  As he took a sip from his tea of the morning a small indicator appeared before him.  It would seem that he was receiving a message, as he checked the name of the sender he immediately sat up with interest.  He wondered what exactly it was Mari could want this early, he wasn't accustomed to receiving personal correspondance from the lady so he quickly opened it knowing it would be something of importance.  It seemed she wanted to undertake the "Long Live the Queen" quest and wanted his help.  Thinking back he remembered the ordeal that himself and Alyssa went through taking on that monster.  Furthermore it seemed that a man he did not recognize the name of would be joining them.  This Claim was a mysterious figure but if Mari required his aid he would go and be of what service he could.  Finishing his drink and closing the message window Asagi readied himself for a tough morning as he exited the building.  Passing by the terrain that had become all too familiar in such a short time he made his way to the teleport pad and transported up to Floor 2.  As he approached the meeting spot specified in the message Asagi saw Mari standing arms crossed in front of a man seated on the benches.  He could only assume this man was the Claim they were working with.  That or Mari had made yet another "friend" as she had a way of doing.  Either way Asagi sauntered over to the pair prepared for whatever lay ahead of them.

"Mari, I see you are becoming the ambitious one.  I was surprised to hear you wanted to take on the queen but I was more than happy to respond to you offer.  Is it safe to assume that this gentleman sitting idly by is the Claim that you informed me of?"

Standing before them Asagi felt at ease, maybe this wouldn't be as difficult as it had been when he was still but an amateur in this virtual world of theirs.

He was a man of few words; Claim. He gave Mari a quick glance, and laughed, Mari assumed it was at her remark, he responded stating that it may be because players were responding to the death game with their appearance, Mari shrugged; speaking what was on her mind in a matter-of-fact manner.

“If you ask me, ya’ll just dress dark to play the brooding hero or anti hero. It’s kind of boring.”

Claim, being somewhat of a gentleman said it was nice to meet her. Mari gave a nod in return, “You too dull boy.” It was in reference to his appearance, Mari had a habbit of giving people nicknames that made little to no sense to anyone but herself.

Her cerulean gaze glanced over toward Lotharian, and her entire body seemed to relax at his approach. Mari shot Lotharian a smile followed by a snide smile. “Oh my, nobel prize winner here- for most obvious comment.”

Mari didn’t give Lotharian much of a choice, she grabbed him by his left arm, and dragged him to the seat next to Claim, pushing him down. “Right, you two. I need to do this quest; because I’m going to be one of the members for the Floor 9 shin dig ya’ll may be hearing rumours about. I need to do this, and I need to do this fast; else I may as well jump off the edge now.”

For the most part he understood what Mari was saying she wanted to get this quest done before the assault on the 9th floor boss he had heard a lot of rumours about the new Assault team that were gathering to push to the next floor. News like that spread faster that jessus turning water to wine. He had seen a few players jumping of the edge what little time he had spent in the game. He let out a small sigh. As he wanted to take his blood lust out on another floor min-boss.  He looked over at other player " Claim nice to meet you"

"Floor boss front liner already dear?  Im impressed, you just make sure to come back in one piece.  Promise you will be careful ok?"

Mari's news about being part of the team that was to take down the floor boss was surprising to say the least.  He was worried about her, he had come to like the spunky pink haired beauty.  Thinking of the horror stories that came from boss battles didn't give him much comfort either.  Despite that it was another matter for another time.  They had a quest to finish up and if it was to help Mari be better prepared for the danger to come than Asagi was more than willing to help.  The man known as Claim sat quiet on the bench next to him, finally after Mari's words he simply introduced himself.

"Pleasure to meet you too Claim.  Im Lotharian, seems Mari has brought us into her dream of grandeur here so I will be counting on you out there as well."

Asagi gave Mari a little smirk to tease her with that last comment.

"So shall we?  Or was there any other pressing matters to attend to before we head out?"

He blinked as he looked over at them and slowly got to his feet he popped his arms as he said "Im ready This mob should go by with easy." He wasn't really worried about the queen bee it had 30 health and did some damage but they should be fine. He had on the light knight armor. His long sword and skills

The pink haired girl shrugged at Lotharian's comment; "Running a guild and joining the front lines are two things you'd never normally see me do. Yet here I am." She turned her attention to Claim, listening to what he had to say.

Mari clasped her hands together; "Good. Excellent. Right, now follow me." She turned on her heel - toward the exit of the town, taking on an authoritative tone and aura. She didn't have time for chit-chat "Lotharian, you've done this before - from what I hear so I want you to lead the fray; help us find the wasps quickly so we can strike them down hard and fast."  Mari was focused, for once. "Claim, correct me if I am wrong but you're heavily clad in armour - so I can assume that you are somewhat of a tank. So I'll have you on defence. I'm fast, and can deal a decent amount of damage. Naturally we will all still attack, I just want you all to be aware of my expectations."

Mari surprised him a bit as she took a very different tone from her usual self.  She was commanding and straight forward, it was much removed from the usual brash and tricky girl he was used to.  It wasn't a bad change or anything but it was strange to see her that way.  Asagi wondered if she too was succumbing to the changes the game imposed upon people as well.  The same way Alyssa had changed in her own ways.  It was a difficult thought to have, would he eventually turn out the same way?  He already felt differently about the happenings within his day to day and it worried him.  As she continued it was mentioned that he had encountered this quest before, indeed this was why he was most likely called to aid.

"Yes I have fought this thing before.  If I may say Claim don't take these bosses for granted, they are never to be simply trifled with.  Anyone who thinks things like they will be a breeze will be sorely reminded how everything within this game can be deadly.  Now Mari I will lead us over there, keep this in mind though, the wasps have something a bit different from what you have likely encountered previously.  The creatures can inflict a poisoned status from their stingers so no matter how much armor you have you have a chance to fall victim."

As he spoke he remember how during the last mission both himself and the very well prepared Alyssa had been poisoned by one of the mobs.  Starting to walk ahead Asagi motioned to the two of them to follow as he led them to the field in which the wasps tended to spawn.

"Now first off we need to kill some of the smaller wasps before the queen rears her ugly head.  How many seems to be a bit random but I am just saying be prepared to take on a few before we can see our objective."

He followed the two of them hearing out what they said, As the got to the spawn point he grips the his of his sword and unsheathed the blade his right eye turned to a white dragon eye. He looked over the area as they others talked. He saw about three mid sized bee  fly next to each other they have seen the players yet but that would soon change a bit. He looked back at the other two players as he point with the tip of his blade " Hey over there" he said get loud enough so that Mari and Lotharian could hear him and not the bees.

She noticed that Lotharian seemed a tad out of sorts, perhaps put off by her sudden change of composure. Mari gave a small grin; "Oh A-sa-gi~" she chimed. Don't underestimate your team mates. I know what they have." She turned and poked him hard in the arm, "jab! Poison!" She scoffed, placing her hand in front of her mouth, "If I didn't know better I'd think me taking the lead makes you uneasy." She teased.

Mari followed - listening to what he had to say; again - it was something she knew - it was in the quest outline, but he was just being helpful so Mari bit her tongue and kept her comments to herself. It was then that their partner - Claim pointed out the smaller winged insects. "Ah, good call Claim." Mari noted, she pulled out her dagger and charged for the first Wasp - 

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice. CRITICAL
-5 HP

Mari aimed for the closest one, first crouching low to kick off the ground - the spring in her step allowing her to gain that extra air to kick the wasp out of the air; it fell to the ground and Mari thrust the dagger straight into its head instantly killing it. She grinned; she was definitely getting stronger. 

Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice. 
Good item  +1 Wasp wings

Mari bent down and picked up the loot; giving a disappointed frown. Wasp wings? What the heck was she supposed to do with wasp wings? They were utterly useless.

Wasp 1 0/5 DEAD
Wasp 2 5/5
Wasp 3 5/5 

Mari: 17/17
Claim: 17/17
Lotharian 15/15

He saw Mari rushed one of the bees and had killed it in one swing. He smiled a bit as it was his turn he ran up to small group of bees and swings his long sword at the next one. The tip of his blade cut the wasp stinger it didn't kill the thing but it had done a good amount of damage to the monster. Instead of take a few steps back from the wasp. He just stood right in front of the wasp he didn't have hate skills to keep agro but he'd try his best to keep most of the monsters attention.

[iD 977 BD 6+1=7 Damage 1+3=4]

Mari 17/17

Claim 17/17

Lotharian 15/15

Wasp 2 1/5

Wasp 3  5/5

Suddenly the demeanor had let Mari go back to her normal lively self, joking about Asagi's remark and poking a bit of fun at him while she was at it.  He smiled as she did this, it was always interesting to him how she had the ability to make him cheerful even with remarks that many would feel insulting.  It was probably since at the heart of it he knew she was not doing it with malice and so he too could enjoy them.  Mari made a point to question if he was uncomfortable with her taking the lead, which of course wasn't the case, it was just a metamorphoses from the girl he had met when first entering this world.

"Well dear we both know that you are the type who gets enjoyment out of being the one commanded now don't we?  It was just a comment about how you had grown as a player nothing else though."

He shot her a guilty looking grin that was sure to rile her up a bit.  Though before much more conversation could be had they were there.  The field in which the wasp queen lay dormant waiting for parties such as theirs to cause enough chaos.  Mari launched in starting the chaos anew simply slaughtering the first wasp she encountered.  Following up claim went to deal with one of its friends.  This left the last one to Asagi who quickly ran in to join his comrades.  Unsheathing his weapon he jumped into the battle and went to deliver a blow to the creature amongst all the newly born chaos.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The sword danced along its thorax and dealt a decent hit, this seemed to do more than just injure as the creature seemed quite enraged at the current circumstances.  It buzzed wildly and stung at Asagi hitting him in the chest.  Only backing off slightly Asagi got ready to strike again, shrugging off the attack he had just endured.

Mari 17/17

Claim 17/17

Lotharian 13/15

Wasp 2 1/5

Wasp 3  3/5

[Dice roll ID # 980]

((I suggest killing 5 till the queen bee comes out, that way we can bump it to the second page at least.)) 

The three of them were making quick work of the wasps. Mari grinned, giving a nod. This was excellent. "I wonder how many we have to kill before the queen comes out?" Mari grinned, waving her dagger in the air to and fro. "Gee Lotharian, maybe I shouldn't have invited you." She gave him a wink. "Seems like Claim and I are doing quite well." Mari's attention turned to Claim, who she really didn't know all too much about. He was simply the first who responded to her call out. 

"So Claim...not much of a talker eh?" Mari asked. As she asked, a wasp had buzzed over her head stinger pointed straight for her face;

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice. SUCCESS
-3 HP

Mari ducked, and instinctively threw the dagger straight at the back of the wasp as it passed, as it exploded in a flurry of polygons Mari skidded forward, catching the dagger before it hit the ground. She searched the surrounding area for any drops.

Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice. FAIL

There were none. "Oh Damn..." 

Perma Roller ID: # 984

He looked at Mari and grind a bit " No I don't like to talk much the quest done kill a few monster, get to the closes inn and get a drink  and maybe something to eat " He smiled. he in joyed the kill but he didn't want to show it much. It looks like they did drop anything. " His eyes glowed a bit as he looked passed Mari and saw two lager wasp heading to them the larger wasps looked like there were ready for a fight one of them came up to claim. As it rushed at he swings his blade but hit nothing but air but it had made the wasp fly back a bit and looked at the team of players.

[id 1008 Bd4 miss Md5]

Mari 18/19

Claim  17/17

Lotharian  13/15 (maybe if can use my battle heal to heal you if I can I will if im wrong on the heal change it one your post or send a pm and ill edit my post)

Wasp Guard 10/10

Wasp  Guard 10/10

Asagi watched as Mari mopped up the other mob quickly.  Was the difference between them really that large at this point?  He noticed that the equipment that Mari carried was quite different though from those he currently adorned.  Not knowing an immense about the impact that superior equipment could make yet Asagi figured it could always be attributed to that.  Regardless of the reasoning he wasn't going to be left completely in the dust.  Swiping at the wasp in front of him he was determined to do his part in this endeavor as well.

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Cutting into the mob Asagi dealt another blow and quickly dodged out of the way.  The beast still wasn't dead and he was frustrated by the fact of how weak he would look in their eyes if this continued on.  He had to become stronger no matter what, getting serious he was going to take it out in his next blow.

"Mari you have really improved yourself, Im very impressed.  I will have to try to catch up with you now won't I?  Though I have to admit, the view from behind you has its perks as well."

A sly smile crossed his face but he didn't turn away from his prey to look at her reaction.  Joking aside he wasn't taking any chances in this fight.

Lotharian 13/15

Wasp 3 1/5

[Dice roll ID # 1029]

Mari watched as Lotharian struggled with the smaller wasp, she tilted her head and gave a slight frown - he seemed to be struggling in this game, then again...Mari never expected to be at the point she was at today. She didn't expect to have so much thrust on her shoulders - and Lotharian...he seemed to be still carrying that carefree air to him. Mari was a tad jealous. She touched the necklace around her neck, the Trophy of Iron Tusk - a simple strap of leather adorned with the polished remains of a tusk from a mob he killed. She still didn't really know much about that night - but he had made his intentions clear to her. It was why she invited him on this mission.

Mari decided she would leave him to it; he needed to fight his own battles and he seemed to be going well with health. She had potions if they needed them, but she had hoped to save them for the Hydra. Mari turned to Claim, "Heh, so - Tavern after this then?" Mari quirked a brow when she noticed Claim look behind her - Mari turned on her heal to see two Wasp Guards. 

"Looks like we're close to the boss guys. Home stretch." 

She didn't give a moments hesitation, Mari - being a performer was more agile than others, she was able to perform acrobatic moves, and this is just what she had done - Mari ducked under one of the wasps, sliding underneath it - then as it flew over her head Mari flipped up onto her hand - performing a one handed handstand - she bought her legs down over one of the wasps and knocked it out of the air. As it buzzed around on the ground she drove the dagger into the side of its abdomen.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
-5 HP
Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice

The wasp guard flapped its wings angrily, thrashing about its stinger, it grazed Mari's leg, causing insignificant damage - it scraped across her leg, Mari grunted - lifting her foot and stamping it down on the wasps stinger - it flailed around before freeing itself from her shoe and flying back to its compainion - buzzing angrily. 

Wasp Guard #1   5/10

Wasp  Guard #2  10/10

Mari: 18/19 HP

Perma Roller ID: #1030

He saw the wasp that ever one was attacking he like he said before he really didn't like to talk much but over hearing them a little.  He sighed a bit as he feel like he was not doing his job as a tank that well. They were taking damage he looked over the wasp it was flying around, jumped a bit as he swings his sword, it clipped the Wasps wing and made it fall to the ground. Doing a little damage to it and took a few steps back andooked at the wasp

[ Id 1032 Bd 7+1=8 Damage 1+3=4 Md1 miss]

Claim 17/17

Wasp Guard 1/10

Wasp Guard 10/10

His other two comrades were working on the wasp guards as Asagi was attempting to finish off the troublesome mob in front of him.  It was at times like this that he wished he had a better weapon.  Even if he hit the creatures his damage output was just pitiful for what he had recently be fighting.  Racing in to finish the thing off he went for a full offensive stance, he wanted to end the mob right there and then and get over to Mari and Claim.

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 6 - 2 Eva on the d10 (mob) dice.

He was not on the top of his game as the wasp buzzed away from his strike.  As Asagi passed by the poisoned stinger grazed his skin.  Not again he thought, the poison was hardly fatal but this whole fight was going poorly in his opinion.  At least he was able to dodge the incoming blows as the mob swooped in yet again to strike at him.  Hopefully he could end this next time, unless his luck kept going as it was.

Lotharian 13/15 (poison damage next turn)

Wasp 3 1/5

[Dice ID # 1066]