PP-F3 'Some things are better left unknown' [COMPLETE]

Mari was in a forest, somewhere on the 3rd floor: somewhere in that forest she lay peacefully snoozing under a tree. She was warned by Moartea to be more careful, since her run in with Uriel and himself proved to be quite bothersome.

Mari took that to heart, and decided that rather lie out in the open; she’d find a safe clearing in the forest, and that is exactly what she did. Mari gave a yawn. Lazily opening her blue eyes, vision blurred from the sleepiness, she was worn out. She had been questing hard on the higher floors in an attempt to gain better equipment – and now, now she just wanted a moments reprise.

I was on the 3rd floor; and who did I see nearby but poor, little, Mari – innocently snoozing in the middle of the forest. Of course…I knew she’d be there, I followed her out here, I ensured that  Iwas well hidden the daft girl didn’t suspect a thing. I walked up to her singing.

“Whose in the for-est snoozing? The birds and the bee’s sing Amari…the frogs in the pond are crying ‘ Mari you’ll die soon~â€

I sung in a cheery voice, happy, delightful. Estatic! I also used her real name, oh boy would she hate that. Yes, yes she would hate that and I would thrive on that hate. She hadn’t stirred, she must have been fast asleep.

“Oh Amari~†I teased as I stood over her, pulling out my Rapier, twirling it around in my hand. “If only you realized how sickly sweet you are. I wonder if your insides are made of candy?†I gave a malicious grin as I ran my tongue along the blade. “Or will you just taste like candy?†At that moment I lifted the dagger high over my head and drove it into her chest.

• Rolled a on the d10 (battle) dice.
    • -3 HP

"Squeel little Mari, Squeel like the little pink piggy you are!" I shouted in delight.

If she were to scream I'd cover her mouth to stifle it, because I wouldn't want anyone to disturb my fun. I wasn't going to kill her, not yet anyway. 

Mari woke with a start, giving a shrill cry as she felt something sharp drive through her chest. Mari had been in a lot of fights now – and was used to the pain, the cuts bumps and scratches that came with fighting mobs and even mini bosses. But this? This was different. She could feel something driving deep into her and it burned.

Mari tried to flail away but she was pinned to the floor, her cerulean eyes widened as she felt a hand press over her mouth. Looking up to see who it was.

it was Uriel.

The very person she wanted to avoid, how did he find her? Mari felt tears stinging her eyes. Why? Why? WHY? Was he doing this to her? She hadn’t seen him before, hadn’t met him before   SAO and yet he was stalking her. Mari gave another stifled scream as she tried to push him off of her.

14/17 HP

L felt a disturbance in the pit of his stomach, he knew to always trust his gut and this was a feeling he couldn't just ignore. He jumped up into a tree and went from branch to brach silently hidden in the cover of his nightmare cloak. His heart sank and his eyes widened in disgust as he came to a halt noticing two figures next to each other, his fellow guild member sunk his blade into Maris chest. He couldn't believe his own eyes, why would he do something like that, he knew Mari could be a bit of a vixen but that was no excuse to attempt to kill another player. "Mari.. no..." His voice was a soft whimper as he watched her squirm under his pressure. Rage began to build up inside him and the voice unleashed itself on him once again. Oh my... what a predicament you're in.. what ever shall you do~ shut it you wretch.. i will save her! Make sure not to leave any evidence my love~ The voice teased but it was all now more than just a slight tease, she was edging him on, pushing him to kill. He gripped his head as he struggled with himself to decide his next move, his rage consumed him but he was still trying to think of something logical for the situation. [censored] this.. he thought to himself. He jumped out of the tree unable to hold himself in any further kicking the pathetic excuse of a human off of Mari. He turned his head slowly towards the boy, his eyes filled with hatred. 

I laughed, it was such a rush. Watching the fear and confusion in her eyes. I leant down, whispering into her ear. "Oh Amari, you act as though you don't know me, but oh Amari, I know you. I know you - and I know little Evelyn too..." I removed my hand from her mouth, using it to lightly stroke her cheek. "I want you to scream for me again Mari.  I want you to scream in pain, and know that I did it." I bought the Rapier over my head again ready to strike her  - "I was so bored when I found I could not leave this game - but then I saw you, the very women who cried, who begged them not to take her precious daughter away."

I struck the blade into her again, giggling as I heard her scream, "Yes my sweet little princess - scream - SCREAM!" 

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
    -2 HP

I wanted to strike her again, I wanted to bring her to the brink of her cute, innocent little life and leave her - I wanted to leave her to think about her pathetic little self - I wanted to break her, to break her mind and her spirit. To watch her crumble into submission. Then, I wanted to lead her around as a cute little mindless puppet - then when I had my fill. I wanted nothing more than to watch her take her own pathetic life.

Why? Why did I want this?

Because it was OH such FUN!

But I couldn't have that, I was torn from that, ripped off of her tiny, writhing pain wrecked body by someone else. An angry fellow, a guild member - in fact it was the very man who had introduced me to the Crimson Inquisition. 

"Oh my, Hello Life - are you mad?" I tilted my head, mouth turning into a sardonic grin. "Jealous? Want her when I'm done?"

Mari's eyes widened in shock; did he just - did he just say her daughters name? HER daughters NAME? Her pupils dilated and she stopped squirming, despite the immense pain - she was in absolute shock. How? How?

"How?" She finally asked, "How did you-ARHHGH!!" Mari screamed out again, this time hands trying to stop him from driving the blade any further into her. Mari's heart ached, and her body burned; her mind - her mind was probably the worst off out of all. She was desperately trying to piece together information, why he had known her real name, why he knew the name of her daughter. Her daughter...her daughter she hadn't seen for a year. Tears streaked down her cheeks, why was he doing this?

"W-wh..why?" She cried as she choked back tears.

Mari was distressed, too distressed to figure out that the man who was attempting to take her life was the very man who took her child away.

Then, as luck was on her side; she was saved again. This time by Life; who unlike Moartea, was silent, cold. Mari slowly pushed herself up off the ground. 

"H-He knows, my daughter..." She choked out.

His rage was overwhelming, Maris screams played over and over in his head, her expression locked in his mind. The voice in his head was only second to the frustration he was facing. There where so many things he wanted to say but no words could even come close to what he felt at that moment. He tilted his head back his black hair messily falling on his face covering the left side. His right eye glared at the boy he didn't smile nor did he frown, it was simply a cold dead and murderous look. He drew his blade of the abyss and pressed it against the mans neck gripping the handle of his blade so hard his knuckles turned red. He took a step further pushing the boy back slightly the second he heard that he knew her daughter, he knew her in real life and wanted to kill her. Most likely a personal grudge but his mind was completely clouded at that moment. He could easily kill the boy in one strike, the man had no idea what he was getting himself into. All he could hear in his mind was kill, kill, kill... that look in your eyes... is so exciting~ This is what i wanted to see, show me your true colours mfufu~ 

Mari wiped the tears from her eyes, standing up now; she noticed the change in Life's demeanour. "Life!"

He didn't listen, he continued, silently pursuing the man. "Life stop! He's messing with you."

Still, her friend did not listen. Mari, faltered, grasping onto her chest as she hobbled over to him. She wasn't sure what Uriel's intentions were; but if Life hurt him now, if Life killed him - Mari knew that Life wouldn't cope, he'd mentally break down. She was already watching him struggle against himself. "LIFE!" Mari finally shouted, "For censored sake!" She placed one hand on each of his shoulders and pulled him back, stepping between him and Uriel. "Life, STOP!"

I stepped back, noting that the dark haired man was not too happy with me. "Ok, ok." I said holding my hands up to show that I meant him no harm. "How about this; you go first?" I asked, stepping back so I wouldn't engage in combat with him. No, no, no - that would not be fun at all.

No fun at all.

"Your knuckles match the tone of your face - all red, like a balloon. Do you know that song?" I asked, "99 Red Balloons, floating in the summer sky." I began to sing it - mocking him. He may have me backed up against the tree, but I knew that he wouldn't get the last strike in. No, little Mari wouldn't allow that. 

Then, at that moment - she stepped in. In one swift movement she had pulled L backward and stepped between himself and I, I cackled. I gripped my head in laughter, somewhat relieved at her pathetic, obvious behaivour.   "Oh Mari, Mari... Doting are we?" I asked, still laughing as I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her into me. Using her as a shield.

"Life, do you want to hear a funny story?"

"Once Upon a time there lived a mother, a father, and baby. The father was a rich and powerful man; and did not like being tied down to the mother. The father went and had lost of nasty, nasty fun. The mother found out and wanted to divorce - to take the baby away from the father till he cleaned up his act."

I paused, noticing Mari take a sharp breath, That's it Mari - piece it together like the daft little monkey you are. I grinned, resting my head on her shoulder.

"But the father had a plan; he paid a sneaky, sneaky lawyer to falsify evidence; the drug claims having the ol' switcheroo. Now, the poor little mother; lost and alone, without a child, a home, or a husband - went to play a fun little game called SAO; but guess what happened to that mother..."

I grinned, hugging her tighter; "She met that lawyer in SAO - under the guise of Uriel."

L walked back over to Mari and gently pushed her aside breathing down heavily on Uriel as he grabbed him by the neck and slammed him against a tree. He leaned in close, close enough to hear him whisper, his red eyes were bloodshot. He couldn't believe what he just heard, there was nothing funny about it at all. He didn't realise what kind of past Mari might have had, but this was utterly overwhelming and devastating. The only words he could hear Mari speak, where the screams she had made earlier, haunting him while the voice egged him on to kill this worm. One strike was all it would take, a simple flick of his wrist and the disease would cease to spread.

"Pathetic excuse for a human being.." He took in a deep painful breath "Parasites deserve to die" He gripped his throat harder tying to squeeze the life out of him. He wanted to see the smug expression fade away from the mans face before him, he wanted to see his Life ended. No one should have to go through the same experiences she had to face.

"W-wait..what?"

The information Mari had was still processing...

Now that she thought of it, his laugh sounded familiar - that cold hearted dark cackle. That sort of thing was hard to forget, how could someone be so happy watching someone's life be destroyed?

Mari felt violated; such a man was touching her - holding her so close...breathing down her neck. Uriel....he was someone Mari did not want to mess with, he ruined her life - and now he was after her again. Furthermore...he seemed to be intent on bringing Life down with her. Just as he attempted to do the same with Moartea - luckily for Moartea, he was a lot more focused. 

"You don't deserve to call yourself human..."

Mari muttered under her breath, she felt sick - as though she was about to throw up; Life pulled her away, and Mari felt relieved, until she watched him hiss dark words at Uriel, watching his hands clasp over the other mans throat. Mari's eyes widened.

Was this Uriels plan all along? Did Uriel really have no regard for his own life?

Mari hated him, she truly despised the man - but she didn't want to see someone, anyone suffer in front of her. Even if it was the very man who took away everything that ever meant something to her. "S-stop, Life, he wants you to do this." Mari attempted to wrap her arms around Life's shoulder, trying to pull him off of Uriel. "Life, please - he's just...he's just trying to get under your skin, look at him! He doesn't care what you do. Just stop - please...stop I don't want to see you do this." She pleaded, urged with Life, her voice broken - body raked and overwhelmed wit emotion, but she spoke with determination. She wasn't about to let someone she cared about loose his ideals. 

L was done watching the man breathe, he raised his blade and brought it to his cheek. yes.. that's the way, end it. He almost responded with 'yes m'lady', why was he really doing this. What was the point in ending the pathetic runts life, was there seriously purpose in killing him? There where, there where many reasons to do so and he was doing it because for those reasons, not because some bitch in his mind told him to. He already promised himself he wouldn't do anything just because someone else told him to. There was immense rage seething from him, it was so intense anyone within a certain radius around him would be able to feel it within an instant. Everything was a blur as his grip continued to tighten. However a touch of light entered him and the only thing he could hear was her words.

She tried to pull him back and begged him to stop.. but why? Why stop? Wasn't this the man that ruined her life, wasn't this the same man that should have been sent away in place of the people he wrongly did by. He was scum, why should scum live? WHY? Then he turned back and looked her dead in the eyes, his malicious intent was clearly visible as he shrugged her grip off of him. "Don't watch then" His voice was shaking with fury he turned back to the boy and uppercutted his lower rib effectively fracturing it. The man flinched in pain and he pulled him up slamming him back against the tree. He wasn't about to end his life just yet, he wanted to enjoy his suffering just the way he enjoyed the suffering of others, he knew this man too. He was responsible for his parents split, he lived alone with his father struggling to get along while his mother was out in the city having the time of her life. He kneed him in the gut winding him for the moment pulling him back up once again and pushed him back against the tree. He didn't intend on letting the man live, if he wanted to die so badly and didn't have any regard for his own life then he didn't deserve to live.

I grinned as Life picked me up, "Oh such a strong man!" I placed my arms on his biceps giving them a squeeze. "You're such a big boy. Come to invite me to the gun show?" I laughed, even as I felt the splitting pain creep up my back when he slammed me against the tree. I felt him squeeze his hand around my throat - I choked out a gasp, the pain - the burning sensation it was exhilerating.

He may have stopped me from talking, even laughing, but he couldn't stop me from grinning. Poor pathetic boy - As his anger grew- so did my twisted smile. Even if I were to die here - I'd die smiling in his face - twisting his mind and driving him down a path of murderous madness. Life loosened his grip, and I managed to breathe

"Way to go, Life. Way to brush off the pink gnat."

It was so...so....so entertaining, watching her struggle, struggle to protect me. ME! Of all people, my god she was pathetic. "I wonder, Mari - with how protective you are of me - did you want to lay me?" I grinned,  "How about I censored you while Life watches? He seems like the chap who'd enjoy that. E-
ARGHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."

The boy had beaten me, now this? THIS hurt - it felt like my insides had split and fractured and I couldn't help but buckle to the ground - oh but Lifey wouldn't let me have that luxury, he picked me back up and slammed me against the tree.

"O-ok.." I muttered, dribbling out blood with a grin, "You  censored her and I watch."

Life had pushed her away…again, Mari was feeling hurt – betrayed – frustrated and angry, the myriad of feelings were thrown between Life and Uriel. Mari flinched when Life glanced at her, darkened eyes merely thin slits of hatred. Mari felt that for that moment, that hatred was aimed at her, and it took all her strength not to simply collapse on the floor then and there.

But she couldn’t…if she did that Uriel would win. Mari stood up, a third time – she shot Uriel a glare when he made the lewd comment but otherwise didn’t feed him the attention he so sorely desired – instead Mari pushed between light and Uriel – again using herself as a human barrier, she pushed light away, more forcefully this time. If her words wouldn’t get through to him, then maybe her actions would. Mari bought her hand hard across Life’s face

SLAP

“Snap the censored out of it Life!”

[censored] her? What kind of a sick pathetic being was this asshole. To treat her as an object? To treat her as if she wasn't worth anything? The very thought was insanity to him. Take Take Take that's all anyone wants, he was going to show him. He was going to show the bastard a person couldn't be... couldn't be what? What was he going to do? The only option was to kill him. Nothing worked so far... Put him out of his misery, he's a cancer. You and i both know that. The bi polar nature of his disease can only be ended by severing it at the source. Show me that beautiful murderous grin again~  She was right... she was. It was time to end it for good, he raised his blade into the air and prepared to strike him down for good. He was going to enjoy killing this fool. 

Just as he was about to guillotine the man.. just as he was about to finally stop the man from ever committing another crime, ever cheating another person.. there she stood. She separated them from each other and he swallowed his rage as he looked into her eyes. Then.. just before he was about to tell her to move *SLAP* he dropped his blade and stood stunned the voice in his head seemingly slapped out too. Her expression was so distressed, he felt the pain in her eyes and his own softened and bore a faint frown. He didn't know what happened but he suddenly felt at ease, he didn't feel like he needed to do anything anymore. The cares one losses when he stops caring about the worries of the world.. He reached out slowly and sparingly caressed her cheek, he rested his hand on her shoulder and shook his head. "Im sorry.." His voice was a soft whimper, it was pathetic how far he had lost himself in rage.

He looked down and dropped his hand picking his sword back up and put it away. He didn't look at Uriel, only looking back up and focused on the waves of Mari's sea blue eyes. "Please don't cry.. it's ok..."  He bit his lip and looked away, he understood clearly her pain.. he felt it too. He knew Uriel would spit some more nonsense but it wouldn't effect him now. His mind was back to the way it was before, before he had been corrupted by the voice, before he was exposed to the suffrage of the world. The red in his eyes lifted to reveal soft honey amber eyes, soft and calming and warm. He cleared his throat and looked over at Uriel, he wasn't sure what he was going to do now but he wasn't going to let him touch her again. "I want you to leave Mari alone.. please, just stop.. so that no harm will come to any of us. We're all stuck in this game together, and if you want to make it out alive.. best get along with the rest of us" He knew his words where meaningless to Uriel at this point. His voice croaked as he spoke, his intense aura of anger became an aura of understanding. He understood Maris pain all too well.. but there was nothing he could do now but let it be.

I slowly recovered myself, steadying my breathing – if I was able to laugh right now, I would have – Mari; sweet, innocent, pathetic Mari and her foolish ideals – ideals that made her throw her very life on the line for a man  she hated. Such sickenly just morals. I would  break them, I would break her – make her question who she really was – it was already happening.

I glanced up between disheveled bangs of dark hair; watching as she tried to protect me, as she slapped Life – I gave a loud “HAâ€

“Oh M-Mari…†I shivered, I shivered in pain, and in anticipation. It would be so much fun to break her. “Quelling the beasts eh?†I glanced up toward Life.  Was he begging me? Just after attempting to take my head he wanted to turn over a new leaf?

“Oh Life, Silly, little, Life…â€

I began mockingly.  “Your soul is too filthy, you can’t wash away your sins and think you can play with the regular people now can you?â€

Mari breathed a sigh of relief as she noticed Life snap back to normal. Her slapping him could have had some serious repercussions. For all she knew he could have turned on her.  "It's about Damn time!" Mari hissed at him, brows furrowed, angry tears threatening to burst from her cerulean eyes. "you SHOULD be sorry you stupid brat." Mari was scolding him now - She hadn't intended to do so. 

In a way, Uriel was right about one thing, she was doting on Life, naturally she didn't have any romantic inclination toward the boy - he was much younger than her - but she still felt obliged to make sure he was ok, giving a sigh - Mari's voice changed to a concerned soft tone rather than a angry tone. "Are you ok now? You sort of scared me back there. What was with that look?" 

Mari glanced over at Uriel, who still seemed to be struggling to stand, he didn't seem to be much of a threat right now.

Who knew how long this moment would last. The voice would be back soon, it always came back and with it his visions, but not for now. For now he was to reflect and hopefully learn. When she scolded him he flinched at her words like he was about to be beaten. He understood her frustration though, he just had to accept it. Her tone changed and he nodded frowning still frustrated at the situation "I should be asking you that.." He pointed to where Uriel had stabbed her. He wasn't about to break loose again at Uriels meaningless comments, one day it would be his turn to face judgement, just not today. There where an infinite amount of comments and death threats running through his mind but he simply shook his head at him and looked back to Mari. What was that look? "Im not sure.." It was a lie though, he knew clearly what that was. That was his true self, the self he was afraid to let loose. "Im sorry if i scared you" Uriel made another comment at him, he was right, it was almost like an answer to Maris question. "My soul may be tainted.. but I'm not about to move backwards" He gave him a dark Glare but he wasn't going to give in, he just wanted Uriel to start thinking straight but who knows, sometimes cancers can't be stopped.

“Touching, really.†I said. As I pushed myself up off the tree, rubbing my neck. Mari had a way with words, or perhaps it was just that slap to the face that snapped Life out of it. It would be interesting, to slap that heart out of Mari. Then perhaps the tables would turn, and precious little Life would need to fight her, to strangle her by the throat. Now THAT I would LOVE to see.  â€œMy you really got a punch in you, whelp.† I said as I approached the two.

I placed one hand on each of their shoulders, drawing them into an embrace. “Would you look at this touching moment. It warms the cockles of my heart to see us all get along.†I grinned, blowing strands of hair out of my face. “The BEST of friends, as fate has bought us together. Ehh?â€

His eyes tracked Uriel as he made his way towards them. He had more than a punch waiting for him but he wasn't going to lower himself to his standards. He stared at Uriel as he touched him, it was a look saying 'careful where you place your filth' but he wouldn't say it to his face. Friends? With him? Hardly. He grumbled under his breathe, it seemed Mari didn't care she got stabbed or almost like she didn't get stabbed at all. He looked over at her with worried eyes, he didn't want her to see this man again, he had to talk to her about this sooner or later. He wanted to speak but he was afraid he would hiss more words at Urieal, he seemed to be struggling with himself, he didn't want Mari to lower her view of him. He sighed and looked down, he shouldn't care or lust for the approval of another person. He was taught to love and live truthfully unconditionally, he shouldn't be fighting with his inner feelings, he should just help in anyway he could and leave, but why couldn't he? Why didn't he try so hard..? He shook his head and returned to his regular cold face.