[PP-BOSS RAID-F9] Paving The Way To 10

I looked around at everyone while I awaited for my group to gather. I equipped my armor and prepared for this raid. 

Alright, let's get this show on the road folks. I want to be done in time for dinner. I said as I tried to get everyone's energy level up. I walked around for a bit, working to getting everyone pumped for the fight. The more energy everyone has, the more damage we will deal and the faster we can get out of there. 

I went back to where I am meeting with my group and addressed the entire raid, Alright guys, this is where we make our mark and show all players that this game can be beat and there is hope that we can get out of here! Let's do this! I yelled with words of encouragement and pointed my sword to the sky.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to the directions being given, they weren't so organized. Rebekah, Yuji, and Pysco path come over here please so I know your faces. I said rather loud so everyone could hear me. I referred to Ryuu as Psyco because of conflicts with Argumail...Growing impatient I decided to find them myself. I scanned the room for the group I was leading when my eyes landed upon a very familiar player, Tristan Delancy. My cheeks flashed bright red at the thought of the previous events that didn't end so well. I cleared my throat and regained my composure. While I was at it I flashed an icy glare at the other players around me. 

Rue must of had to pick her own group cause the didnt call her name. She checked her durability and while doing that she seen one last thug to equip. She had almost forgot. She equipped "Duraclad" the armor that granted +2 damage mitigation. The light metal armor materialized around her. Now she was ready.

Daeron's booming voice snapped Lessa out of her trance. It was so strange, hearing the man give orders that way. He was worlds different than the player who had taken her skating only a few nights before. She thought of that briefly, then found a small smile creeping to her lips. It was certainly impressive, the way he could control a crowd. And the people followed him without question, despite his orange name and mysterious past. I never knew he was capable of that.

As Shark began to rally the troops, Lessa moved up alongside him. She was impressed by his spirit, even though she had never met him. In fact, Lessa only knew one of the the other players in her group - the pink haired player, Mari. Maybe that would make things easier, as she could focus on the task rather than looking after the people she fought beside. But deep down, she knew nothing would change. She would still be able to see the members of other groups, and so she would just have to worry from afar.

Focus! Her voice of reason scolded her. Clutching her heavy claymore with both hands, she glanced up to Shark. "I'm ready," she told the higher-level player.

L smirked, there was a raging fire burning bright in his eyes. He listened to daerons orders, he was to be put in the same group as kazuya "I guess i'll have to put our differences aside.." He groaned internally, this was such a drag but he was itching for battle. All he needed was someone to take the hits and he would be fine, this hydra didn't know what was coming for it. It was especially good timing since he had a lot of pent up frustration at the recent turn of events, namely the blasted curse that he spent long hard hours trying to cure, being blind was no walk in the park. He laughed at his own joke, he was literally walking circles in the snow. He looked around for any of his comrades, he saw zel and creeped up behind him patting him hard on the shoulders "Lets make it out of here alive yeah?" His courageous smile was unwavering as he stood tall with pride. Tough challenges always brought the best sides out of Life.

He looked at L. "Hmm... Looks like I'm in two groups. This will be interesting." He offered a hand to the somewhat frustrating player. "Yeah, let's put those aside for now. We have a hydra to slay after all." He walked over to Kiru, the player that interested him the most. She was one of the only one's who thought that this was all just a game, nothing more. 

"Hey, Kiru. Seems I'm also in your group. Your ready for this?" He asked out of courtesy. He opened up his HUB and equipped the new and borrowed armor and weapons he had gotten before. Immediately, the cloak cascaded over his shoulders, shimmering as the volcanic light bounced off of it. He started thinking, 'Wow, Loth did an impressive job on this. It looks amazing.' He also felt the sword on his back change. It was lighter, less cumbersome. 'Can't wait to use this.' Lastly, the borrowed gauntlets appear. 'They are a little different than what I normally wear, but whatever. They are only temporary after all.' He shook his head, noticing that he may have been rude by not listen to anything that Kiru might have said in his mental absence.

Celes walked over to where KAzuya and Kiru were "Hey, I'm celes, nice to meet you."  She seemed focused, but a bit nervous as well. I wont die here, I think, I hope. No i have someone waiting for me, I need to help pave the way out of there. She smiled remembering her loved one "We'll do this, guys" she said with a smile of determination. 

She readied her spear and checked her armour one last time. She was ready. 

Zelrius was more then glad when Daeron and Shark took command of the whole ordeal. It wasn't like this narcissist was not able to

Lead. He had done In competitive gaming tournaments out in the real world. No it was that he didn't like responsibility. For anything, at all. He didn't like having a team, but did not much care for his only responsibility to them was that they attacked the right head. Zelrius was never the responsible type. In the real world despite being plenty intelligent enough, Zelrius often got barely passing grades because of his laziness not allowing him to do his homework or study. To this arrogant boy, if there wasn't proper reason behind doing something (and he judged whether or not it was) Zelrius didn't do anything but bare minimum.

All beside the point Zelrius looked for and called the names of his teamates. He held his flaming twin fire sword as a beacon for them to meet at. Once gathered, Zelrius walked up to and pushed open the large doors. There he saw the menacing multi headed dragon like thing

(Ooc I went ahead and started the fight, we had enough dilly dally and needed to get this thing started and over with soon)

Ether's interface suddenly fizzled and his skills were wiped. His eyes widened as the time he had invested disappeared before him.

Turning to Kazuya, he spoke in a shocked and angry tone. "Kazuya, I'm leaving the guild and going for a long break."

Ethereal stepped away, pivoting on his heel and slowly walked out of the cave. He paused to give a wave to his sister and shout to the room "Goodbye friends I will return, although not soon. Thanks for all the fun times."

Then he left, a shadow against the bright opening and was gone.

Rue seen her brother leave his guild and leave the boss fight. She fought back leaving to and unsheathed her blade looking At the hydra. She then started a skill ready to strike one of the four heads. This might be a tough fight. She was ready for victory or demise.

Yuji look at his guild leader; she looks ready for this fight. He heard his name being called and look at his caller. Kiru stand there,waiting for her team member. Yuji walk to her and introduce himself to his other team member.

In the midst of talk,a person leave the place without no reason. He get confused,but he have no time to be distracted as Zelrius open the door that leads to Hydra. He stare inside the room; the four head looks menacing enough to scare...his sisters. Yuji hold his sword tightly and stand behind Kiru.

"Well leader,tell us what to do."

The Molten Hydra stood near the lake of molten rock behind it, its eight eyes and four heads facing the direction of the door, and screeched loudly as it was opened. It slowly stepped from the fiery lake, opening its jaws more and more, and released a slight breath of fire before finally letting out another ear shattering screech. Its eyes focused on the players, and began lower its heads down as it prepared itself for the coming battle. Its stomach growled loudly signaling its drive to devour the players, and flared out four forked tongues simultaneously.

(Alright lad's and lass' of the Front lines welcome to the ninth boss, this boss won't exactly like others have so be vigilant.)

Boss Abilities:

• Armor Buster: Boss ignores armor and equipment on critical hits, both when it's an unnatural/natural 9 or 10.

• Eyes of the Beast: Boss has a +2 Accuracy bonus to its roll.

Group 1: Hydra Head 1

Daeron: 70/70

Tristan: 35/35

Alkor: 26/26

Seldentar: 55/55

Group 2: Hydra Head 2

Zelrius: 77/77

Kazuya: 23/23

Rebekah: 30/30

Life: 32/32

Group 3: Hydra Head 3

Shark: 55/55

Primrose: 27/27

Lessa: 34/34

Mari: 28/28

Group 4: Hydra Head 4

Kiru: 71/71

Celesmeh: 29/29

Yuji: 32/32

Rue: 17/17

Hydra Head 1: 30/30

Hydra Head 2: 30/30

Hydra Head 3: 30/30

Hydra Head 4: 30/30

Daeron knew this was it. He was done waiting for anyone to do anything. Instead, he took the honor upon himself to lead the raid officially. Daeron had figured that the groups would be rotating in the order he listed them. The enormous hydra that stood before the raid would mean nothing by the time he was done with it. Daeron held up his sword and chanted a battle cry and then brought it down, launching a sprint. He began to near the enemy with each footstep. He tried not to care about the fact that Ethereal had just left, but he truly did deep down due to the fact that they would need the numbers. One person may be what gets them through this entire fight.

Before Daeron had managed to get within range of the monster, he took a deep breath and then swung with full force at the enemy's massive body. Though it should be easy to hit with it's size, sometimes the cardinal system pulled out a trick and caused players to miss even the biggest of monsters.

Just like he hoped wouldn't happen, he had missed the initial attack. Just because it was a miss, didn't necessarily mean that it was over. If anything this was a good thing that he tried to attack in general. This attack was the beginning of the raid and the true method to paving the way to 10.

ID: 2065 [battle Dice: 5] [Damage Dealt: 0]

Tristan: 35/35

Tristan took a breath out, then walked into the boss room with the others. His eyes went wide at the size of the molten hydra, looking up its large size.

"Oh...my...days..."

Tristan wasted no time, shaking his head as his head filled with thoughts. First things first!

Tristan took a breath in, then roared with s bellowing rumble of a roar, shaking the room. It left him winded, but it was what he needed to distract such a monster with a howl. "Right...now..."

Tristan put up his shield, ready to block. He had this feeling he was bound to be hit, so needed to be ready to absorb an attack when the time comes and let his Fire thorns engage, even if maybe the burn damage doesn't work against the hydra. Well, he just had to hope for the best.

Tristan: 35/35 Hate 3

When Daeron cried out and initiated the onslaught, Alkor rallied to him. In the wake of the higher leveled player, the player spilled out at the Hydra like an ink well tipped over on paper. Instead of a scream or a cry, Alkor channeled his determination into the edge of his blade, and he ripped toward the meaty throat of the beast.

Evil red steel flickered with delight as Nightbringer hacked into the Hydra and rent flesh. Blood began to spew forth from the wound he'd opened like a fountain, indicative of the bleed status being inflicted.

He'd started things off with maximum carnage. Hopefully the rest of the group would ride the tailwind and tear this boss apart before it could do any lasting damage. Alkor defied the Hydra as he stepped backward, fist pumped skyward, blade skittering across the rocky floor. "Give it hell!"

[iD: 2090, BD: 9]

Hydra Head 1: 21/30 (Bleeding for 1)

ID: 2091 BD: 4 + 2

Seldentar watches as the boss door room is opened. Taking out his potion, he quickly drinks down his Beserker Splitter potion. As the battle begins, he charges forward, aiming for the first head with the rest of his team. Sword glowing, he jumps up at it, unleashing his <Sonic Leap> sword skill on the boss. As his blade pierces its head, he smirks, hitting the ground and standing ready to fight.

1 + 2 + 5 + 2 = 10 Damage

Hydra Head 1: 10/30

Hydra watched the first few players that stepped forth, and commenced the battle. The beast screeched as it was attacked by the first wave of players, and raised its heads up. Its wounded head growled slightly as its eyes flared up, focusing on the player Tristan. It flicked its tongue out in his direction, and raised itself above the rest of the heads. After a brief moment the creature began to raise its right claw, and swiped down at Tristan with all its rage and fury.

[iD 2095, BD 7-3+2= 6]

DMG: 5-5= 1

Tristan: 34/35

Hydra Head 1: 10/30

(ID 2122, BD 10)

Zelrius was far more then happy when the Hydra faced them. The stone floor echoed with its roars, and rather then terrifying the Narcissist, it thrilled him. In his mind, Nothing was worht living for if you were the best at it. And thus far, as of late there hasn't been many enemies that showed much of a challenge. And that is why He loved this new little encounter. The Hydra was bound to be atleast a bit of a challenge before his Twinfire Sword Ripped it to shreds and left the remains to dispose into little blue Shards. Once Daeron had charged ahead first (As Zelrius guessed he would) His entire group followed quickly behind. Then, The Hydra head in which they were attacking made its own little dilly dally of an attack.

The Blonde boy looked back to his group, and gave out a sound of disgust. He honestly didn't need these people and the fact that the others all insisted taht more people come along, The Better. Turning back to the Hydra, Zelrius just completely forgot and let the thought about his group go away. To him, from this point onward, They no longer even Existed.

Swinging he left had across his torso and then drawing his Sword of Twirl flames from the golden color leather sheath at his right hip. The boy charged Forth, Sprang up and then was instantly back down, His sword dragging along down the Hydras Head, Neck, and part of it's torso.

(I am only going to keep track of my group and the heads)

Group 2:

Zelrius 77/77

Kazuya 23'23

Rebekah 30/30

Life 32/32

Hydra H. 1 10/30

Hydra H. 2 19/30

Hydra H. 3 30/30

Hydra H. 4 30/30

(Look at Zel taking out half the damn things HP in one hit, God damn)

[Roll ID: 2158; BD=5+2 Accuracy]

Kazuya hung back for a moment and watched the battle. He was a battlefield tactician after all. He had to see and envision the whole scope of the battle. He saw Daeron's group charge with Daeron himself at the head. What else is new? His group did some pretty good damage to their Hydra Head, But now it was his group's turn.

He watched as Zelrius took preemptive action. His Twinfire Sword shone brilliant shades of red, good and yellow. Kazuya's eyes followed him as he attacked the poor beast. He watched in almost awe as the HP bar of the Hydra Head fell drastically. He took a mental note. Zelrius is not one to get angry in the future. Unless I currently have a death wish, I should avoid him for now.

Kazuya snapped back to the battle. He knew it was his turn. He drew his sword. The sheath glinted black and red in the volcanic light. The metal was a jet black that seemed to absorb the light and life of what was around it. He took his pre-charge stance, lowering his center of gravity and making him more stable. Activating <Charge>, Kazuya advanced at great speed. He closed the gap between him and the Hydra Head and leaped into the air. He soared over Zel and dug his cursed blade into the Hydra. He continued his strike, tearing through the beast, but being careful not to decapitate it. He knew the tales of the Greek Hydra all too well. Landing on the ground, he prepped for a counterattack and admired his handiwork. Blue polygons seemed to flow from the beast. It wasn't bleeding, but it was severely injured.

Group 2:
Zelrius 77/77
Kazuya 23'23
Rebekah 30/30
Life 32/32

Hydra H. 1 10/30
Hydra H. 2 15/30
Hydra H. 3 30/30
Hydra H. 4 30/30

((Well done everyone! Well take this thing down yet! Oh and Zel...How S***!! How the hell do you have that much damage?!))

Rebekah saw Kazuya attack and realized that nobody was going to follow up on it. Then it had hit her, it was her turn to attack, and she made her way to attack, albeit slightly late. It was not something that she had wanted to do on this battlefield, and that slight hesitation made all the difference in the world.

She narrowly missed her attack with her shiny rapier by millimetres.

2203: BD = 4

DMG: 0

Tristan: 34/35