OP F4: Red Like Roses; Cold as Snow

((I would still like to point out this is before Mari killed Argumail - so anyone wishing to join this OP to kill Mari for that instance is breaking the timeline~ ))

Mari felt sick to her stomach, she wanted to throw up - but the nausea didn't go away. She just almost hurt an innocent player- someone who was only trying to help. Mari glanced at the girl, and told herself that she'd make it up to her somehow. Someday. No matter the costs on her part. Mari was hurting, and she could feel herself slip away, she didn't know who she was any more, but that....that doesn't mean she'd stoop to such a low level.  "I'm sorry." Mari mumbled to Celes. "I am not stable enough for the help I need. Nor do I deserve it, perhaps one day - but not tod-aARH."

Mari was pulled down to the floor as she felt the blonde girls arms wrap tightly around her neck, as the other girl pressed herself tightly against Mari, Mari couldn't help but notice something. A Cross-Dresser? Mari blinked, she never would have guessed it was a man. A part of her wondered what pronouns they wanted to use, but it was a fleeting thought - which was quickly replaced with frustration as Sinon bawled their eyes out. "I'm - Arugh...not planning..to- WOULD YOU GET OFF?" Mari cried out, trying to pry Sinon off of her. The man had a very powerful grip, he was extremely lithe and he had a small frame, it wasn't cumbersome - just frustrating.

"I'm fine. Your friend-Arhghg....healed me now get-arhh..."  

Mari struggled to pry the girl off of her. At this stage, another approached- Mari recognized him from her shop; he was the violin player who kept asking her for Mats. it was because of him, actually - that she had planned to go on a solo run to collect some. "Clearly...it's peachy...." Mari muttered sarcastically.

If anything, the whole...odd scenario had helped snap her out of her funk, how can the mind be focused on such dismay when they had a crying man-woman attached to themselves?

Crozeph saw a safe zone from afar, he has preoccupied himself with walking again that he couldn't remember where he started walking and worse...where he is now."Finally a safe zone, time to check my inven..." Crozeph looked at the group of players just outside the safe zone "a recital maybe" he said. Crozeph hadn't encountered performance for a while and this might be his chance to see one again "now who is that..." Crozeph saw a pink-haired girl with her hands bleeding and trying to pry away the arms of another player wrapped around her "a drama?" he thought "but that wound looks real" he said. Crozeph looked around to see if he could ask what's going on but hesitated "stay quiet Crozeph" he said to himself as he sees the orange mark on the pink-haired girl head "a player killer but she looks like in agony" he thought as he continues to watch them.

Sinon shook their head in response to the request of getting off them. He remained firmly in a tight hug with the pink lollipop girl.

"And how do I know you're not going to hurt yourself again like you did just before?! I won't let go until I know you've seen some sense and stop disrespecting yourself!"

He buried his face into her, but more like a child did than man. He could do the latter, but that depended on his mood.

"Stop being selfish and live. I don't want anyone to die either, but I also don't want someone to die because they killed someone. Its sad. I want you to be happy!"

Sinon's homesickness now fully kicked in when he realised just how warm the hug was. He dug his face into Mari for extra warmth. "Besides, you're warm like my mum. You're safe. I don't care what you did before, since I didn't know you then. But right now I want to be here keeping you safe so you keep me safe..."

Mari was seriously about to knock out this man, he was acting so disrespectful. Yet he wanted to lecture her about respect. "Listen you - " Mari began, consciously not using any incorrect pronouns till she knew which one to use. "You have about 10 seconds to pry yourself off me before I do it with my blade." She hissed at Sinon as he nuzzled into her. He started crying - and Mari could feel the wet tears staining her white jumper. Mari equipped her dagger and held it over Sinons head, hand shaking, breathing heavy. She didn't want to but this...this man was invading her personal space - he was infecting her with his touch and he was not respecting her wishes. Life's words again ran through her head, Cancer, Scum, Eradicate

Mari was about to strike him, but stopped when he whimpered softly, saying she was motherly. Mari dropped the blade and it clattered loudly on the ice. "I'm anything but motherly..." Mari murmured quietly, her words coming out almost as a whisper that one would have to strain to hear. "Mothers don't kill their daughters.."
Mari collapsed to her knees, scraping them against the cold ice, her body was shaking. "They don't...I can't call myself such....such a thing...I'm not safe..."  Sinon howled louder, still begging Mari to be happy and she couldn't help but find herself wrapping one arm around Sinon's back - the other patting his head softly.

"You can't just demand someone to be happy idiot, that's not how emotions work." Her voice was spoken in a pained yet tender tone. "You need to let go."

Sinon refused to detach himself from Mari, who was still being all self-defeatist. His tone had calmed down some, even if his cheeks were still red.

"I know I'm an idiot and its by being an idiot I'll not let go. I'll hug you until you are happy. Just....don't let go and enjoy the hug instead..."

Simon sighed into Mari. He knew that this couldn't be solved instantly and that this wasn't going to solve it any sooner, but she was wrong. She could be a mother still. There was still a chance for Redemption...right?!

Sinon wanted to keep this woman safe and keep a mutual exchange of safety. It wasn't much to ask for surely. He held her in his hug, warm in comparison to the cold snow around them.

"You know Mari." Arekkusu started. "If it is of any help, I know what it is like to do something that I will never forget..."

Arekkusu then sat himself down with is legs crossed in the grass with dew in it, but he refused to stand up. He sheathed his blade into the holder and his shield dissolved as it was returned to his inventory. He has done this so many times, many people who went through distress and Arekkusu would just make them feel worse back then, but now he actually wanted to help.

"There was a kid." Arekkusu said. "Or he was a kid, he was my classmate. He was a straight A student, very nice kid, but also very sensitive, so when I did what I did on that day, a part of me just snapped in half. When he saw my grades are dropping, he actually offered to help me when it came to studying... that was when I said it. I called him out for being an orphan. Shut your ass up, just because you got better grades doesn't mean you are better. At least I have a mom to look to when I need help! The tears he shed on that day still hurt my head when I imagine it... but... now I am trying my best to be a much better person. The past isn't what decides the future, its what we do with it that decides the future. Don't let yourself down because of something that wasn't even your fault. If you hadn't done what you did, no one would have lived except for your tormentor."

Crozeph moved back but kept his eyes on what's happening "this is real, how stupid of me" he said. Crozeph never saw a player in this kind of sadness ever since he joined the game but now that there's one in front of him, he felt sorry for her "good thing she has friends" Crozeph said. As he was about to walk away, he saw his friend talk to the girl. He listened to what the boy said and smiled "yeah that's him and I hope those words will help her" he said. He kept on looking at them observing the outcome of this things that are taking place "but still..." he looked at the pink haired girl "she could snap any moment" he thought.

"I can't enjoy something being forced upon me." Mari spoke to Sinon like he was a child, she attempted to use a scenario he would understand. "It would be like me forcing you to wear something plain, and drab, even if you didn't want to - and you couldn't take it off, despite how stifling it is. It's Ok to wear that sometimes, but not all the time, and not when it is forced."

She turned her attention to Arekkusu; someone she did not know the name of; and he started speaking like he knew her, as though they were close friends, she listened to half his story but then stopped paying attention; she was rude that way. That and it was a little hard to concentrate with a blubbering cross dresser attached to her bosom. Mari looked up at Celes.

"Can you pry him off?"

"I can't hear what they said...I need to get closer..."

I look down from the cliff; the height from the land to the cliff is high enough to scare anyone. However this is SAO. On top of that, I have Acrobatics skill. Without hesitation I jump down from the cliff. I want to shout out loud as jumping down from high place excites me, but I hold my mouth. I land down with no difficulties. I look to the group of players; they didn't notice me, except for Mari that is.

I walk to a nearby dead tree and hide behind it. I can clearly hear what they are talking now. Would be more helpful if I train my hiding skill. I make a mental note and focus on hearing.

CeLes sat far away op listening to the music. It made her want to cry, but she didn't mind. She listened until it was too Much for her. She didn't know why this person had killed, but it broke her heart to hear it. Before leaving she went to Mari and bowed. "I'm sorry for your loss" she said, and walked away without another word.

Crozeph was still standing there and this time he's eating another one of his bread then he heard the pink-haired girl talk again. "Pry him off?" he said. Crozeph looked at Arekkusu "he just sat there how could she say pry him of..." Crozeph swallowed hard "no I don't want to think about it" he said. Crozeph took a step forward but he hesitated again "she's letting the madness settle in" he thought. Crozeph wanted to say something also but seeing her mark as a PK made him feel a faint fear "she might stab me if I get near."

Sinon sighed. Her hug loosened, now more resting on her than having a grip tight. Her chest was weirdly warm, like what she spoke was something not quite right to her true feelings. Maybe Mari was telling herself to be something she isn't and is just trying to push herself away in shame. Who knows? All it was is his own presumptions, which may either be true or false.

"I'll let go...for now. But that doesn't mean I'm giving up! I'lll...join your guild! Then I'll make sure you'll be happy! I'll become strong just for you and I'll make sure to beat up whatever is getting in the way!"

Sinon now could probably be taken off Mari with ease, now that he no longer latched to Mari but just rested. He sighed, thinking how he had lost the battle, but not the war! A person could only be a downer for so long, and it was up to Sinon himself to make sure this woman was not sad!

As soon as Mari felt Sinon loosen his grip she pushed him off of her. He slid off her lap and landed on the cold ice. Mari was finally, finally able to stand. Her legs were numb from prolonged contact to the frozen water, and they were bright red. "Fine...join the guild. We're doing a material run soon, so join that too if you like just lay off the clinging..." Mari muttered brushing herself off. She turned to Sinon with a sigh, leaning down and fixing his hat which had fallen askew during his blubbering fit.

"I'm off, there are just too many people here."

Mari stepped off the ice, and wandered deep into the forest - the opposite way from the village; after all how was she supposed to go there? She was not allowed in safe zones any more.

COMPLETE

All Participants:   100 Col + 1 SP