PP: Cerulean Silence : Material Gathering

A promise, is a promise; and despite Mari’s twisted mind and tortured soul, she did say she would set up a guild run for her members to collect materials. What would they say? How would they react to her seeing her name an angry red – the stigma of the Player Killer. Would they still stand by her side? Or would they one by one leave?

Life…He told her she couldn’t trust anyone any more did that include her guild members…of course it did. Still, Mari had an obligation as their leader. She had sent them out the invite and she now stood before the forest of Floor 2. The very floor…the very forest that she had committed her deadly sin in.

Mari stood; in her usual pink attire; blue eyes sombre as she waited for her fellow guild members to appear.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jun stretched and walked out into the forest where his guild was invited to meet. A notification had come up earlier that there was going to be a material hunting party, Jun was glad that his idea had been approved of and now it was in play. He walked through the forest for a while, he may have been a little lost, but eventually he came upon his guild leader he smiled and waved, "Hey Mari, how's it going." When he walked closer Mari's health bar popped up and Jun noticed the orange 'Player Killer' title next to her name, it didn't discourage him at all and he walked closer and sat down. "So what kind of mats are we going to be farming? I think I need some blacksmith mats, I don't know about the other blacksmith but I'm running kind of low and have a few orders to fill out." He smiled and looked up at Mari.

Fallen, or Jun as he seemed to like to be called was the first to arrive. He was the one that came up with the idea of the material gathering party so Mari wasn't surprised to see him attend, or be first to arrive. She was surprised however, as she watched him, his eyes travelled up above her head - noticing the mark of the Player Killer. Fallen didn't seem to be worried, rather, the status didn't seem to affect his outlook toward her at all. She wasn't sure how she felt about that. Relieved? Because she would at least have one guild member left?  Angry - how can he be so non nonchalant knowing that someone had died? Should she feel sad? Had death become so commonplace that it just simply didn't bother people any more?  Mari's thoughts drifted back to what Life had said about this world, about the false smiles people held. Mari gave a slight frown. This behaviour, is that what he was talking about?

He gave her a wave and a greeting, asking her how she was going. Mari would not possibly be able to explain how she was going right now. In fear of breaking down. So she simply gave him a small nod before she answered his question.

"All materials. Jun." 

Mari glanced around, and saw a pile of rocks nearby, she didn't have a pick axe but her dagger would suffice. She leant down toward the pile of rocks. Pulling out her dagger she struck them a few times, they cracked open, and revealed no materials. "See. You would find blacksmithing materials in rocks. Cooking Materials in plants, same would go for tailoring materials - which could also be found in trees, or from mob drops. I'd Knock out all the monsters on this floor in a single hit. I wouldn't be able to obtain mats from their drops, but you could." 

Mari put her dagger away, shifting her cerulean gaze to Fallen. "We will pool it all together and divide it evenly at the end of this. There." Mari pointed toward another sm
all pile of rocks, Fallen may not be able to get much, if anything from them - but it was worth a shot for him. "Do what I just did." The entire time she talked, Mari's tone seemed somewhat dead, not exactly monotone, but flat. She didn't speak with vigour or excitement, it was more so explanatory, like a lecturer addressing a class.

Loot Roll: 8 - Fail

Perma ID Roller ID #2127 

Yuji walk steadily on the rocky road. This floor has become a common place for him in this few week. He make his way to the meeting location given by his Guild Leader.

An hour earlier,after he finished his business with some wasp from the floor,he receive a message from Mari. The message written inside contains invitation to hunt some mats in a forest somewhere in F2. "What great timing. Better get there then."

He arrive at the forest entrance. Fallen and Mari wait there for the other member. Yuji approach them and sit on a solid rock. "Hello there. I hope I'm not late."

He look at Mari, her name in red color. Doesn't surprise him as he know it already. Although he don't know the story behind it, he put his trust in Mari. There are reasons to everything,including him trusting Mari.

She is after all, his leader. His loyalty won't be shaken that easily.

The next to arrive was Yuji; he'd grown quite strong since the last time she had seen him, but news of his strength and determination had reached her - and as such Mari made him her second in Command. It was only natural. Yuji was the first to join her guild - and he was currently the strongest level wise. Surpassing Mari herself. She felt a tad conflicted knowing that. She was happy he had grown strong, but she had hoped she'd be able to remain above her guild members level wise. Still, levels did not mean everything. "Yuji, you're not late." Mari pointed to the rocks that he was sitting on. "But you're sitting on what we need to break apart for Materials." 

Mari turned to a nearby tree, at it's base was what looked to be a cotton plant, she'd be able to get some sort of tailoring material from there if she was lucky. She wasn't sure if any of her guild members were tailors as of yet - but even so, it had its uses. Brushing through the plant, it seemed as though someone had already picked it clean.

Loot Roll: 1 - Fail

Perma ID Roller ID #2132

"Then I guess it's up to me to gain mats from mobs then, oh well, that's not a bother." Jun looked at Mari, the way she talked and acted intrigued him, she was so dull, almost seeming somewhat sad, it was the way she talked and the way she never really showed much expression, it was probably nothing as Jun had only known her an extremely short time, maybe she'd cheer up eventually. He waved at Yuji as he approached, "Hey man, how's it going?" Jun stood up, he stretched and decided to look around until he came upon a nice shiny rock, this was a good opportunity to get some ore. He didn't have his pickaxe on him but he thought using his sword to extract the ore, and hopefully not break his sword in the process. He shoved his sword into a crack in the rocks, hoping to pry apart the rock and get some ore. This didn't work in Jun's favour and the rock shattered, he must have hit a weak point. He sighed and shrugged, "Guess I'll try some other types of mats."

Rolled 2, Loot Die

ID: 2141

(Going to be posting a bit in this one to try and get materials! Remember to list what the material type is.)

Mari turned to Fallen, "Not necessarially. I can kill them, and you can loot them." Mari turned her gaze to the ground, speaking in a low stoic tone. "I'd rather not see any harm or death come to you all."  Three large clusters of rocks had been broken now, and Mari recalled being told that sometimes, recording crystals could be found underneath in some form of mineral deposits, Mari went over to where Fallen had broken his rock, she dusted aside the cobble and dust left over from his strike and noticed a small glowing ore underneath. Mari grabbed her dagger and dug around it, pulling it up out the ground. It was a light blue colour and slightly glowed. Mari gave a wry grin. "Well, that's one."  She wasn't sure if there were other performers in the guild, if there were she'd happily share the spoils, but if there weren't - she'd have to focus on gathering other materials for her members.

Loot Roll: 20 - SUCCESS
+1 Recording Material

Perma ID Roller ID #2142

Guild Gathering Total:
1 Performer Material

"That's fine then." Jun smiled, he was sort of right, while she did tend to act quite cold at times she cared about her guild members. Jun laughed a little, at least his failure had had some sort of success. He sighed again and went over to a little patch of plants which he thought might contain some alchemy materials, he was right as he cut away some herbs and leaves off plants. "Got some alchemy mats over here." He stood up, they were still in pretty close proximity of each other so maybe it was better if they fan out and search a wider area, if there were any mobs it might be a problem for Jun. "Hey Mari, maybe we should spread out a bit and cover a wider area? We might run into some mobs though so we would need to be pretty careful." Jun had a concerned look on his face, it was just a natural thing for him to do.

Rolled 13, Loot Die +2 For Items

ID: 2143

+1 Alchemy Mat

Yuji quickly stand up when Mari point out the rock he sitting at is one of the materials. He wipe the stone frantically and examine it to see the rock can be mine or not.

"..Well..sorry for that. Didn't realize that it can be mined....Well I'll try to mine to see if there's any ore that can be salvage from it" Yuji scroll through his inventory and equip his rock pick (he stole). 

"Aight,let's see what will come out!"

ID 2144  LD: 11

"Huh...nothing. Sorry if I ruin the potential material... I'll be hunting some monster,it'll be easier to gather material that way...."

Mari frowned, Fallen waned to battle - as did Yuji. Mari trusted Yuji could easily destroy whatever was on this floor. She would join them but she had to stay in the vicinity for when the other guild members appeared.  "Yuji, fighting mobs would be quicker. Take Jun with you, you can head either to the field or deeper into the forest." Mari's tone was droll, commanding. She still didn't have the ability to show too much emotion, how can someone show emotion when they felt so dead inside? Mari watched her two guild members work, they were so diligent - She was grateful to the both of them. But still, Life's words continued to ebb away at her mind.

"I need to stay here and wait for the others, if they choose to come. I'll see if I can find some cooking materials and dig around for any mineral deposits." As she said this she headed over to where Yuji had cracked open the rock She dug around in the dirt, and found nothing. She sighed, it was worth a shot. 

Loot Roll: 2 FAIL

Perma ID Roller ID #2146

Guild Gathering Total:
1 Performer Material
1 Alchemy Material

Jun nodded at his guild leader, "Ok, I'll head with Yuji and go to the field, we might lose each other in the forest." He gestured for Yuji to follow him out to the field, leaving his guild master alone by herself. On the way he spotted some more ore so he decided to stop, "Hang on, I'm just going to grab this ore then we can continue." Jun did the same thing he did before and shoved his sword into one of the cracks, the rock still shattered but in the rubble there was some ore that could be used. "Ok, let's keep going." Jun continued until they reached the field. He stopped at the edge of the field and turned to Yuji, "Hey Yuji, does Mari seem somewhat" he struggled to think of the word, "sad? To you?" Jun thought that it might have something to do with the fact that her tag now had player killer on it, Jun didn't know the circumstances but he assumed his guild leader wouldn't kill someone in cold blood.

Rolled 18, Loot Die

ID: 2148

+1 Blacksmithing Mat

"Sad....huh..you can say it like that. She suffer a deep wound in her heart,that's for sure. We may not understand her feelings or suffering,but we can stay by her side. She's more fragile than a glass right now,and she'll need some help to mend her wound..."

"But let us leave most of the healing work to her special someone. I heard that when she killed a player,there's someone else beside her. I don't know much of the details either. Remind me to pay an information broker regarding this matter later...Fallen."

Yuji stop by a plant and examine it and found out that it's a herb. A herb that can be used for cooking will fetch the guild some col. He try to harvest it...

ID 2150  LD: 19

...and he succeeded in doing that. He gain a cooking material.

(Gain 1 cooking material)

Mari watched as the other two walked off, she gave a small sigh. It was difficult....interacting with people. Mari wanted to be alone right now. She didn't want to deal with this mess of emotions - she wished she could just cut herself off, and that was what she was trying to do. It was somewhat nice to have the company if she had wished to talk, Mari just did not have a lot to talk about right now. 

Mari had searched the rubble where Fallen and Yuji had struck their stones but not yet where she had struck hers. Walking over to it she brushed it aside and used her dagger to dig at the dirt underneath, it yielded nothing. Yuji was right, battling mobs would be much, much quicker. She was just at too high of a level to gain anything from them - Yuji too, which is why Mari sent Fallen to battle with him. Yuji could quickly make the beasts fall and Fallen could loot them.

Loot Roll: 4 FAIL

Perma ID Roller ID #2155

Guild Gathering Total:

1 Performer Material
1 Alchemy Material
1 Blacksmithing Material
1 Cooking Material

Daniel sighed to himself as he walked to the forest the guild were to meet at. He was nervous about meeting the other members of the guild, not sure how he should introduce himself to them. he wasn't used to talking to other people and he was worried he would make a fool of himself. Seeing he was  now coming up on the forest he stopped and took a moment to compose himself before continuing. He walked to the entrance before stopping, looking around for another person. He saw the pink-clad person in front of him and walked towards her, beginning to speak. Excuse me, are you Miss-" He tripped on his words when he saw her PKer status, before continuing. "Miss Mari?"

Mari looked up to see a dark haired boy, he looked unsure, and timid - he must be the new guild member who had applied. Mari stood up, and dusted herself off. Pity. She wasn't in the most sane mindset right now, and she could tell already that her PKer status seemed to either unnerve or shock him.

Mari didn't berate the boy for tripping on his words, she simply held out her hand in a form of greeting. "Yes, I'm Mari. Leader of the Cerulean Silence. You are Nihilus?" She shook his hand. "We are collecting Materials today. Do you have a profession in mind?" Mari was trying to sound sincere, but her voice came off as awkward and troubled. Mari wasn't fit for being accommodating today, it had only been two days since her disturbing ordeal.

"Here." Mari noticed a shrub by a tree next to Nihilus that held strawberries, "We are all gathering various materials. What we have will be split up amongst ourselves at the end of the day."  She managed to pick out some strawberries, which would be used as cooking materials. "See, easy." 

Loot Roll: 18 SUCCESS

Perma ID Roller ID #2170

Guild Gathering Total:

1 Performer Material
1 Alchemy Material
1 Blacksmithing Material
2 Cooking Material

Daniel hesitated for a second before taking her hand and shaking , deciding he would ignore it for now."Y-yes, I'm Nihilus." he said said, turning his head slightly in a subconscious attempt to hide his face."u-um, i didn't really have anything in mind yet..." He was a little scared after the trouble he'd had with PKers before, but he tried not to let it show, only appearing as awkward as he normally did. "I'll just gather what I can for the guild then..." He trailed off before kneeling down to be level with the shrub.

Loot Roll: 14 (Failure)

ID: 2184

He tried his best to gather some of the strawberries, but he was too distracted, too focused on his own thoughts. What should he say? He didn't know how to adress his new guild leader. After he acidentally crushed the last few remaining strawberries he stood up, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm not having much luck with this, I'll see what else I can find." Smiling awkwardly, he began to search the nearby ground for any herbs or other materials he could find.

Jun smiled, "Well if she is just as you say, then we need to be there for her." He walked around the field for a little while hoping to find some materials, he did eventually come across some fruits from a tree and decided to climb the tree to pick them. He crawled along the one of the branches until he reached the spot where he noticed quite a delectable apple. Reaching out he grabbed the apple and placed it in his inventory. "Got a cooking mat!" He smiled gleefully as he jumped down from the branch, it wasn't too high up but he did wince a little from the fall as he felt the impact jolt his entire body. He smiled, today was going quite smoothly so far, so he looked around for a little while longer to see if there was anything else he could pick up.

Rolled 15, Loot Die

ID: 2259

+1 Cooking Mat

"If you don't have anything in mind - there is no rush. We have a few blacksmiths, and I am a Performer. We don't have a cook and could use another merchant - I'd like the professions in the guild to be....diverse, but I can only give you advice. I can't tell you what to do."

Mari paused, along the information to sink in, Nihilus wasn't a member when they had their meeting. "If you do pick a profession myself or a fellow guild member can help you complete the quest to obtain it."

Mari noticed that he was unnerved by her PK status, she couldn't blame him, perhaps she should tell her guild members what had occured. Mari closed her eyes taking a few deep breaths before facing toward where Yuji and Fallen had gone. "Yuji, Fallen - if you can hear me please come back a moment."  Mari turned to Nihilus, giving him a rather serious look. "The Pker status bothers you, no? I'll tell you all in a moment."

Her newest guild member didn't manage to gather anything, but that was ok; gathering materials seemed harder than fighting mobs for them. It seemed their best bet would be for Mari to take Nihilus and Yuji to take Fallen and have the two split and fight mobs to gather more materials, mobs dropped general materials which could be used by most professions which would prove useful. Mari, whilst waiting for the others continued her hunt for materials, finding another pile of rocks she attempted t ocrack them open with her dagger, she hit the rock a little too hard and it crumbled into dust, Mari frowned. standing and kicking it away with her foot. 

Loot Roll: 1 FAIL

Perma ID Roller ID #2276

Guild Gathering Total:

1 Performer Material
1 Alchemy Material
1 Blacksmithing Material
3 Cooking Material

As they both talk a little while looking for materials, Mari's voice can be heard from the forest entrance direction, telling them come back. "Well, let's go back Fallen. The leader call us." Yuji swing his pick one last time on the rock, hoping that he'll get an ore.

ID 2280  LD: 19

He mine out a nice ore. "Hmm, not bad. Oh, better not make the leader wait longer~"

(Gain 1 blacksmith material.)

Rowan walk toward the coordinates that the Guild set to meet for gathering, his mind was still dizzy from the teleport. He look serious and determined, he wasn't sure what he is going to say, but he got a specific goal in mind. As he got closer he notice Mari and some other guild members around, they look quite busy. "Hello" He said when he reach Mari, he want to say something about her PK status, but one look in her eyes was enough to keep his mouth shut.